Help Designing a PShop

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:28 pm

So I'm planning to expand my char's shop (the Hunter-Gatherer) to automatically buy and sell hunted and foraged products. So new players could go out and forage nuts or hunt a deer and get some coin.

The idea is everything would be marked up 1 silver and then re-sold for cooks and leatherworkers and whatnot so the enterprise is self sustainable.

Anyone willing to help me figure out what items to carry and at what cost? Or with room and npc descs?

For items at a minimum I'm thinking:

preserved meat (all kinds)
intestines
skins (all kinds)
furs (all kinds)
suet
nuts

Anything else?

Deanthelis

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:54 am

Hi!

As a new player who bumbles around the wilderness and stumbles into all sorts of things, some things I might add are:

mystery meat (good for anyone raising cooking from zero, and it's a valid ingredient in rations, I believe)
mushrooms (like nuts in that they are tough to get within the city's walls)

I'll post more as I think of it. Thanks for setting this up!

Geras

Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:46 pm

I think mushrooms and raw meat will be tough, but you can pickle/preserve them. So that would work? I may need some help from imms to stop npc shops from undercutting this though.

Geras

Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:09 pm

One thing I noticed is a lot of foraged/hunted items are for sale on grid for only 1 silver from NPCs. That makes a decent amount of these idea non-viable. Is there an openess to tweaking that?

Geras

Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:47 pm

I've submitted a draft layout. Anyone have any more thoughts on items/pricing?

Ghed
Discord Handle: Ghed

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:54 am

Hello there Geras. The idea is awesome, but at the current state of mob scripting, each item payout requires a separate script to be made to store the item and pay the player. The amount of items that you seem to need here are:
8 preserved meat types
12 skin types (including human!)
6 fur types
plus 3 for nuts (and there are more than one type of nuts), intestines and suets
I'm very sorry, but +30 scripts for a single shop is not something I can provide at this stage, considering staff manpower. For reference, currently the most scripts a mob has on grid is 20. In addition, unfortunately our current pricing scheme is still 500s per script (HELP MOBJOBS, "Object Transport"), meaning a very high price for a return of investment. Perhaps it would be better to start small with 1 to 3 items?
There might be a future scenario where code and staff availability enables this, but I don't want to either promise or misleadingly encourage you.
“What good is power when you're too wise to use it?”

Geras

Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:24 pm

Starting with 3 items works for me. Does anyone have any thoughts on those most in demand items for both buying and selling?

• Information