Vague Fantasy: Pre-Consolidation

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 pm

This is tangential to the actual suggestion but I think that more often than not the result of being outed as a mage isn't a PK but rather death by boredom.

galaxgal

Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Yeah, there is often very little ambiguity when a mage outing/accusation occurs, and rarely are there false positives. When a mage gets outed, there is basically nothing to do except a number of things that are basically rerolling. Top mages who get bored of being chased (by Knights who will always win) will just log off.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

CuriousGeorge

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Geras wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:48 pm
I don't think we have a large enough pbase to support another MUD unfortunately. There's already one sister game out there and there aren't that many of us.
What sister game? Where can I find it?

BlackSoul566

Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:11 pm

Bringing this back up... I wonder if there is a way to do this, even if only briefly, and still keep intact the "Mages are evil, burn them all" theme. Perhaps with a siege of the entire city, or some other PvE event that sort of forces the Order, and the Mages to work together, with the idea that they'll get at each others throats, after the event is over. "We need you to finish inscribing these wards, to save the city from destruction, and then after walk yourself to the pyre." Sort of mindset. With all sorts of unique rules and laws.

Bingus

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:09 am

All for mage and order being forced to work together, as that would stimulate RP between the two of... more -substance- than one can actually >obtain, ICly, in the current standing. I have trouble seeing it ever happening though. I hear there was a guild that was kinda pseudo-sanctioned for that purpose, but it's long since retired.

• Information