Courtesy and Behaviours

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Dear Players,

Some of you may have heard that I lost my cool last night, and that is true. I hope you will accept my apologies.

In the meantime, I want to bring up the matter of courtesy and behaviours. I know some players are upset about RPxp, and that is understandable. How people have been speaking to and about staff because of it is not.

It is perfectly acceptable to say that you don't like a change, you believe it is bad for the game for X reason, that you think Y is a better solution. This is constructive criticism, and deeply appreciated because no one person has the right answer, and when we've made a mistake, we need to know it so that we can address it and resolve it.

Unfortunately, there is an ugly behaviour that I've dealt with all too frequently this week, and that is when the criticism isn't about the game, but is about the staff personally, such as comments that we're betraying players, we're not qualified for our roles, we are reprehensible, etc. To be clear, I've heard all of those in the last week.

Sadly, it actually puts a barrier in the way to our resolving an issue that we are being attacked over. If attacking staff is an effective tool to getting us to change things, then we're opening ourselves to and promoting the tactic by giving in to the behaviour. Most of the players here have been around long enough to know that we WILL resolve genuine issues. If you don't trust that, then you don't know us at all well. Please don't make our job harder.

For my part, I find the "negotiation tactic" of attacking our motives rude and abusive. Yes, we will be making changes to RPxp awards... but you can thank those players who spoke reasonably with us and Temi for calmly discussing the issue with us and working it out on your behalf. For those of you who have resorted to personal attacks, that behaviour is rude, not welcome in TI's community, and ultimately grounds for expulsion from TI if required.

Warm regards,
Kinaed

• Information