Support System Overhaul

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Greetings,

Staff were discussing the point raised by players that the subvert system requires RPxp to initiate, but support does not, and is this discrepancy intentional/okay?

We have a short term fix in the queue for this, but the discussion in general led us to consider that perhaps we need to replace or revamp the support/subvert system on the whole.

The original concept was to give players another route of social combat that 1) allowed players to take against other players that were not PKill-oriented when it came to things like GLs having power over them, and 2) to create a system that ebbed and flowed with the current status of the social scene (as opposed to being an accumulative system that puts older players on top with no maintenance required). Rock paper scissors instead of accumulative, so to speak.

In any case, it's probably not the best implementation it could be, so what would you replace it with? Or what changes would you make to make it better?

Annalesa

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:58 pm

I think the current bones are pretty much fine for the most part, but I'm not aware of how support or subvert works in relation to social status (noble/gentry/freeman) or rank within a guild unless somebody is incredibly powerful. As far as I can tell, it doesn't really have that much impact. Maybe buff those mechanisms a bit? Perhaps add buffs to people's support/subvert depending upon their assets as well.

galaxgal

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:04 pm

When I was a (non-covert) GL, it was really easy to accumulate support by ICly asking 1 or 2 oldbies to put me on their list, which basically made me immune to any subversion attempts.

More parity between support/subvert reqs probably would've helped there.

Other thoughts:
-There is untapped potential to make Charisma more influential here.
Right now all CHA does is up the IP limit = CHA, and most characters won't reach 60 or 70 IP to begin with.

If it could somehow give a base influence bump or increase support/subvert sway, I would probably use it more on social characters.
For now, INT/WIS tend to be better (for more skills -> more interaction opportunities) or combat stats (to not get murdered/do training scenes.)
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:20 pm

I think weighting support/subvert my CHa is a brilliant idea.

• Information