Suggestions for echoes, mobs, etc for religious theme enforcement

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Eos
Discord Handle: Eos#5637

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 pm

Hello,

we had a meeting with the Order and as one of our action points we noted down adding automated mob emotes, echoes etc. to reinforce the religious theme. Basically automated things we can add so that the atmosphere around town feels more religious. I would like to hear your thoughts on how we can do this.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Echoes are always tough as you want them to fire enough to be useful but balance against them in a super public room to the point it's annoying.

- vNPC presence of some kind in the Cathedral and/or active Chapels around town. Showing NPCs attending services that might end the Mass only happens when PCs host it idea. I wouldn't necessarily have echoes pop in the main rooms (as that might get annoying during RP scenes) but people lighting candles in the side rooms, waiting for the confessional, etc.

Creating some of the craft quests for Order folks to interact with some people might also flesh that out.

- High Piety loading Knight NPCs the same way high Lawfulness loads Reeve NPCs. Supposedly this is in the code but to my knowledge I've never seen this work (though maybe it does now?)

sippycup
Discord Handle: sippycup

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:47 am

Awesome ideas. You know how you can tell the bard MOBs in the taverns to play a song? Maybe their could be a mass MOB for an on demand mass scene, or confessional lol. Maybe the confessional would generate a random penance from a list idk.

• Information