Underpowered Skills

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

galaxgal

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:04 pm

I think the idea is that some of the skills listed here are useful, but grandmastering them over a craft with a good capstone, combatskill, maybe some magics, etc. is kind of a trap, and sometimes not one you know about till its locked in
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Pretty sure if you have a Stationary Header item or seal item in your inventory, it waives the fee of those items when editing so it's free.

Sounds like chandlery needs help, maybe to be reviewed and even stretch what's there out to rank 75 - or are there not a lot of recipes in it?

Mediation increases healing rates, as I recall - any other suggestions for it?

I think City Lore is pretty cool, but it is one of those things that's more fun early game when you're initially discovering lore. Do we have poor lore coverage to make it worthwhile?

Any suggestions on how to improve forage, riding, husbandry, and fishing?

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm not certain that Foraging is "underpowered" persay (though there are area types that could do with additions) but more a lack of knowledge (IC and OOC) about where valuable things are found. As there is a lot of useful things you can discover with high-level foraging if you know where to find it.

Adding some more of the foraging items as alternatives/uses in (non-mage) crafts would potentially help as well.

Temi

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Chandlery should be fine now, I assume? It's had a lot added since it was mentioned.

Annalesa

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm

A bit late to the party, but sneak and hide are the two that come to mind, with sneak being bigger in need.

For both, I would say that buffs to success would be the easiest way to help those. Buffs depending on distance to people, time of day, room type, number of objects in the room, etc might be things to consider.

• Information