Forgiveness and Understanding

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Over the years there have been occasional between players and staff that turn ugly. I just wanted to state the value of not letting disagreements and arguments become grudges on either side. When people get emotional about the game that's because they care about the game. I hope that players that have left over arguments with staff know that they are welcome back, and that staff let them know as such too.

Cheers.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:42 am

Unless a player is banned, they are welcome on TI. Bans are announced publicly both in-game and on these forums because we need player assistance with enforcement. Therefore, there is no one banned on TI that the pbase does not know about.

With regards to forgiveness and understanding - disagreements happen. Sometimes they are passionate and feelings get hurt. However, having a disagreement with someone is not the end of the world. Disagreeing with a Staff member is the same. Please understand - we run a game. I've personally encountered enough people and situations involving disagreements, especially given my direct manner, that I am both familiar and comfortable with them. In fact, there are a number of people that have disagreed with Staff strongly, sometimes in extremely harsh words, who are still around today - including Geras himself. I hope those people are willing to vouch that, despite any perceived hostility at the time, they are not harassed, targeted, or otherwise treated poorly.

I am aware of a few recent disagreements that I believe have or had an element of miscommunication in them. Those players and others with concerns are certainly welcome on TI - if they weren't, they'd be banned. However, with regards to letting players know as such - I generally do not contact players who have left TI unless they reach out to me. This is largely in respect to their choices and privacy, but also because I rarely have the means to do so.

galaxgal

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Considering that I'm one of the players who Geras is referring to -- I would like to follow up on this.

Those who know me know that I'm the PoF of Perelle (liquidated) and Lucille (liquidated).
These are old, gone characters, so I am posting assuming that there are no issues with stating that.
I'm not saying this to air dirty laundry but to give some context for what I am about to say.

I'm also not going to get into the details of what led to these liquidations as that's at best gauche and at worst a potential policy violation.

Secondly, to the outside skeptic likely to be reading this -- we all know they exist:
Understand that what I'm about to write is not intended to contradict some of my past concerns or criticisms of TI.
If it seems like I am simply trying to get back in anyone's 'good graces', many of my concerns I've made in the public domain hold.
Please understand that.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for some of my harsh private responses to Staff.
I do understand that you guys are volunteers who run a game, and that after a while, the commonality of negative feedback and demanding requests can be tiring and exhausting.

I do hope that it was at least clear that my intent was at least for the betterment of the game and the fellow players that I, personally, felt responsible to, even if the outcome didn't necessarily lead to that. I've worked a lot on letting things go -- not just in the long term, but in the moment -- and I hope to apply that lesson here and going forward.

Kinaed, since you mentioned it -- and I only say this publicly since you mentioned harassment, targeting, etc here -- there was an incident involving a person highly corroborated by many as a certain player account and potential Staff member during one of the times Geras has alluded to.

I would not consider it a major case or anything, but the conduct at the time was worrying.

Happy to discuss with you over the usual official channels if you are interested.
That said, understand if there are bigger fish to fry.
As a fellow techie, I know that directing development on top of handling policy is time consuming.

My stay away from the game will continue for some time.
However, I did hope to open a constructive dialogue with anyone I'm still renting mental real estate from.
As well as help 'close the book' on this public thread so to speak by posting here.

Thanks,
pof the above, galaxgal.
Last edited by galaxgal on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm

You are missed Galax.

BlackSoul566

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:58 am

Definitely missed. Lucille was a fun PC to roleplay with, and I hope to see you back in game sooner rather than later. <3

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:36 am

I'm happy to have a chat either in-game or on Discord.

galaxgal

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:40 pm

I'd prefer email, if that's at all possible, but if not, I'm fine letting it lie.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information