The Brotherhood of Common Goods - TI:L's Black Sheep

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm

I love the gray zone idea by the way.

What about having a staff person who's responsible for supporting and creating plots for the Thieves? Without giving too much away Mages have been getting that sort of love lately and I think it would be good to do for the Thieves too.

Gnomely

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:45 pm

I think that's what Temi was referring to, in terms of what's happening imm-side. I'm all for a gray area too, as well as plots. I suppose the question becomes where would a good location for that be?

Geras

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Maybe outside the city walls, east of the southside? I feel that area is underutilized. Could have a tunnel into the southside or gentry folk could go through the regular east gate to reach it?

galaxgal

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi guys.

Just to be clear, posters on other platforms have tried to reach out to me forwarding messages from Staff, etc. After some extremely uncomfortable remarks from accounts highly corroborated with potential Staffers who continue to not be forthcoming with their identities, I wish to make it clear that I do not wish for anyone to contact me with messages from Staff or on the behalf of Staff outside of TI's ecosystem.

I'm making this post here (in addition to elsewhere) to dispel ambiguity and make that boundary clear to all potential readers.

As a result of some of the aforementioned bad actors, my Discord is closed to potential friend requests. Sorry to those of you who tried to reach out.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Applesauce

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:32 am

As a multiple-time former BCG member/leader who strongly encouraged legitimate (and pseudolegitimate) ways for the guild to RP and make money, I would very much welcome a "sin district" as described. Basically it sounds like Southside without the automatic violence, which IMO would offer a lot of RP opportunity for Northies and Southies alike.

The coded BCG skills have been problematic since the original version of the game, so I'm honestly not sure there's a way to "fix the guild" from the direction of skills. One of my Tenebrae chars never learned a single rank in any BCG guildskill and it was never a problem RPwise. But that does show that the strength of the guild is NOT in coded crime, but rather in RP crime and RP corruption which are much easier when you can interact with disparate types of characters. Having this "grey area" would let different kinds of people play together more easily, which solves some of the fundamental difficulties with playing secretive characters.

• Information