[Poll] Invite command

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Is the Invite command in its current form is good for TI?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Yes
33%
No
No votes
Maybe, comments below
67%

Total votes: 3
Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 pm

We recently changed the invite command to assist mages and criminals in having 'safe' and fun RP. Has anyone tried it yet? Love it? Hate it? Any general comments or thoughts?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm

For clarity, this is the current Invite Policy:

POLICY
- The invitation command may NOT be used to for the purpose of killing,
arresting, or kidnapping a character.
- Both the sender and the invitee may not engage in PK, arrest, or kidnapping
for the duration of the scene, including changes of location.
- Invite cannot be used for free transfers out of bad situations, such as
fleeing from combat, to get around Wyrds or walls of flame, into or out of a
blockade, etc.
- Invites must not be sent when ICly incongruous, physically impossible, or
inappropriate.
- If you send or accept an invitation, you are expected to have a roleplay
scene with the other player.
- Invitations should not be used as a free transfer.
- If someone else enters an invite scene, it is the responsibility of the
sender to alert the third party that invite rules are in effect.

phoenixdoll
Discord Handle: pd#1102

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:36 am

I think those rules are good.

I clicked maybe, but in most cases I feel my answer is wholeheartedly yes.

Currently you can't use it to invite scenes at phomes, so I guess the part that is not so clarified for me is is it acceptable to use it to invite someone in a public place and then move to a private place?

The part that has stopped me using it more often is it is not clear to me what happens if myself (player Y) and player X meet up, and it turns out that player Z who is separate from this scene wants to kill one or both of us. If player Z turns up, what do we do?

It would make me feel a little easier if even if the invite command isn't for phomes if there was clarity around if it's okay if it isn't a public scene or what not.

Sparkles

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 am

I'm glad for the update particularly if it is helping the types of folks who find RP harder to get but ...

I admit that I was someone who often used the Invite command to invite folks to a phome as an I'd really like to start this scene quickly and not wait for the 45 minute turn around between messenger/response/messenger. It didn't always prove to be "private" given at least once it ended up a like 10 person scene of folks invited one at a time.

Granted with the return of tells the wait time for scenes might not be as long but ... that use of the Invite command (RPed as 'sending a carriage for someone') would feel more IC/organic to me than using tells to OOC coordinate the scene.

wimple

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:59 am

Poll ended before I could respond, but I used invite a lot and very rarely now. The policy changes around it don't really have anything to do with it - those sort of risks aren't things I'm uncomfortable with for my character. If invite only works in public places, though, and the idea is to draw a crowd, I find it really odd that invite rules apply to everyone that enters the scene. If that's the case, there should really just be a command for that or a flag that's automatically applied to the characters that is visible in the room so people know. Having a command to use - that could be logged incase there's some sort of policy complaint about something that happens in an invite scene - seems like it would be useful.

Prior to the changes, I did use invite a lot - sometimes for public scenes and sometimes for private. It really helped with limited time online and not needing to wait on messengers, but being able to RP directly. The biggest reason I do not use the command anymore is because it doesn't function in the public area of my player shop, which is the public area I am most prone to loitering in. It is flagged as private/phome RP. My business is mainly RP-driven since it involves giving people lessons, so being able to invite people for them is super helpful.

Sparkles

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:37 pm

I agree with Wimple. The issue is less the changes to policy and that the policy went hand in hand with restricting Invite from 'private spots' given the plethora of areas that seems to apply to.

• Information