Valuable Skills for the Quest System

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Greetings,

As you may have heard, Staff are working on a quest system (see the OOC Chat Log dated Dec 12th for more info) to assist players who are idle in public areas to have some fun things to do while waiting for RP.

To start this, we're looking to see what skills players feel are the most valuable ones in the game? From any perspective is fine. Also, which skills are low value? Let us know!

This will help us decide which skills are best to focus on first to make the system rewarding and keep our efforts valuable to the pbase.

Thanks!

PS: If you want to discuss that system at large, please start another thread - this thread is specifically to help us understand which skills are the most valuable to different members of the pbase and why. Thanks!

mystry

Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:49 pm

As I said during the OOC chat, I've always thought that language skills had a high degree of usefulness. Here's a few scenarios I can envision:

A scribe approaches you, asking you to translate a document written in (foreign language).
You notice a (race 1) and (race 2) arguing in the corner, seeming unable to understand each other, and can translate.
A foreign (race 1) walks up to you, asking directions in (foreign language) to get to (random place).

Additionally, 'bard' skills like singing, dancing, and musical instruments seem like they would work well with this, especially when you're in a tavern.

Taunya

Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:52 pm

I think some of the more difficult to train skills would be nice for this.

forgery
steal
improvised
languages

galaxgal

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 am

Belatedly, all guildskills.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information