Color Suggestions 46 color mode

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:22 am

I was reading the recent OOC Meeting log, and had an idea that maybe color restrings in chargen, or even outside of it and in the game, should be restricted the 16 basic colors -- leaving the new colors solely for the merchant guild. Has anyone else also been thinking about this?
That heavily presumes that only things Merchants produce should be or deserve to be colorized. But considering a major craftskill - Artwork - that would use coloring isn't a Guild-locked skill that seems to seriously cut out a major potential use for it. Coloring things is frankly, an OOC talent not an IC one and forcing an IC restriction on it is a bit much.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:14 am

Lei wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:34 pm
I was reading the recent OOC Meeting log, and had an idea that maybe color restrings in chargen, or even outside of it and in the game, should be restricted the 16 basic colors -- leaving the new colors solely for the merchant guild. Has anyone else also been thinking about this?
Food, art, herbalism (flower arrangements) and all sorts of other things require things like brown and orange and pinks, and are not restricted to the merchants guild.

Limiting the number of colors available in code someone can use is, arguably, an OOC limitation and does not belong in the IC world.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:57 pm

All compelling points. I don't think I like my idea anymore.
Old As Dirt

• Information