Rewarding Public Room Idling

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Eos
Discord Handle: Eos#5637

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:00 pm

We're considering rewarding hanging out in Public Rooms so as to draw activity towards them and give players an easy in into RP more often.

What do you think would make people hang out in public rooms more?
We've been considering 1 xp per tick, or a bonus to the activity timer, and we'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

wimple

Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:24 pm

I think a bonus to activity is better than XP per tick, unless that checks for activity as well. Otherwise we'll just have people going to public spaces to literally idle out.

I think more furniture in the public rooms would allow for more public RP. It's come up before that people can just use join, but it's easier to sit at a table, particularly for cyans that may not be as familiar with commands. Places like the Queen's currently do not have any furniture to sit on and no longer has a board, either.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:52 pm

I think more furniture in the public rooms would allow for more public RP. It's come up before that people can just use join, but it's easier to sit at a table, particularly for cyans that may not be as familiar with commands. Places like the Queen's currently do not have any furniture to sit on and no longer has a board, either.
I agree that some permanent furniture would help things feel more inviting. Also given topics brought up at the most recent OOC meeting ... public locations that mention in room descriptions having hearths, candelabras, etc ... actually getting those items loaded and lit might help with other types of RP that the items not physically existing currently prevents.

• Information