How to log into TI for the first time (a guide)

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

phoenixdoll
Discord Handle: pd#1102

Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:03 am

I thought I would just put together the following guide as I have been inviting a bunch of my friends to play TI who are completely new to playing on a mud.

First things first: If you haven't downloaded a telnet client, I recommend Mudlet! https://www.mudlet.org/download/

Create a "new" game and input the following:

Profile name: The Inquisition Legacy
Server address: ti-legacy.com
Port: 5050

And then CONNECT!

Later, when you have a character and a password, you can have mudlet automatically connect for you.
The first thing you'll come to is a screen which asks you for a new name, then a password. Then it asks you if you've got an account.
If you're a newbie, type N and you'll be prompted to make an account name. You earn XP on an account level at TI and you connect each of your characters or "alts" to your account.

For your first time you will want to select the "detailed" option for character creation.

It will prompt you for the following:
1. To pick an origin.
2. Whether you want to be a mage. (Being a mage might get your character killed!)
3. And then to pick your starting stat array and maximum stats.

You will be able to move your stats around a little bit later, and even increase them, but you will not be able to change the priority (the maximums of your stats) later. So try and think about what you'd like your character to be best at when you pick your stat array, but don't worry too much about it.

Finally, it will ask you if your character is Male or Female M/F... and then you actually enter the character creation area proper.

I highly recommend reading each room carefully. If you need to read the room description again, you can type "L" or "look."

I will edit this once I have created a character creation guide, and will include the link.

phoenixdoll

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:15 am

ORIGIN

(TO BE COMPLETED)

Abridged descriptions of origins:

Lithmorrans: Holy/Pious (and native to where the game's set)
Fariners: Honorable
Tubori: Free
Vandagans: Stoic
Vavardi: Artistic

--ask an admin to play--
Charali: Barbarians+horses+Matriarchal
Hillmen: Barbarians +woodworking+Warriors
Daravi: THE ENEMY and MAGES
Last edited by phoenixdoll on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

phoenixdoll

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:16 am

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A MAGE?

Please read the helpfiles regarding this, being found out as a mage is a pyring. :)

• Information