Civetta's post in 06/13/2020 / Header Plot Experiences And Issues

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:10 am

That's bitterness and shadenfreude speaking. I do listen - when it's polite and worth listening to. No one will ever convince me that I have to suffer abuse to be "listening" enough to a problem. If people expect that, it's the wrong expectation to have of anyone. And most people know it.

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:30 am

Myrella wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:05 am
Why bang your heads against this brick wall. Nothing will change as staff have made it clear here and elsewhere that they simply won't change, and don't see a need for change. Do you need a better example than Kinaed's dismissiveness here?

I'm sure whatever prewritten climax they have for the plot will really pay off though and be worth it for everyone. :roll:
When I mentioned earlier in this thread that I begin from a position of assumption of good intent on all parties - staff and players alike - and stated in other words that I felt like it would be harmful for players to have to step on eggshells, I meant that. I don't feel as though the initial post in this thread is at all aligned with the attitude and positioning in the one quoted above, and I feel as if the net effect of this quoted, individual post is, at best, a self-fulfilling doomsaying prophecy. This take actively detracts from the capacity of more constructive comments to meaningfully exist.

galaxgal

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:42 am

I do not agree with Civetta's post in its entirety, as should be made clear from prior points made in this thread. That said:

The claim that it is especially vile or impolite in some way confuses me.

The added implicit suggestion that it lacks sanity disappoints me.

There's little else for me to add at this juncture; I don't mingle much in the OOC community, beyond the occasional meeting or request post, and my limited window of IC/game mechanics perspective seems otherwise out of depth here and there are people with far weightier investments into the discourse at hand here than my own involved on all sides.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:15 am

My comment about sanity was not directed explicitly at any particular post, but more at the general logic of trying to get someone to listen while insulting them. In fact, I never said any post was insane at all, but rather merely praised functional commentary as 'sane'.

I met with Civetta, apologized for my part in today's shenningans, and we worked out the core list of problems that we feel need to be resolved and were hoping to put this thread to bed. That thread, hopefully a much more pleasant read for everyone, is located here:

http://www.ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtop ... f=8&t=2277

Please participate, even if just by voting in the poll.

• Information