Imm involvement

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Enix

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 am

I know im just now crossing over into this new world of TI, but i had an idea that i thought would be kinda cool.

Understand this is a player driven enviroment, and all the events are created and ran from the player base. My proposition is....let the Imm's take a load off coding for a moment and perhaps let them get involved as well.

Pretty simple really....create a person of importance to play with....perhaps create a MUD wide echo of something happening, or maybe even a preview of what is to happen. Small things like this can REALLY ignite a RP Mud such as this one into some interesting RP situations and outcomes.

And it is just an idea im throwing out there, but something so small could be taken by a player or players and possibly drive them into some good RP. Now obviously this is going to be a MUD-wide based RP, so everyone can be involved one way or another.

Think we have all seen the days were RP was nothing more than sitting at the Church Square or the Bluebird asking each other "how they have been" 4-5 times. I found the repeating motion quite irritating to be honest, with no offense directed to anyone i played with.....but if we spend so much time talking about one thing...i certainly have nothing else really to talk about the next if all matters have been covered.

Like i said....outsider looking in. Just spitting off an idea

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm

We don't currently have a quest imm to run major plots. Temi, however, will handle requests that are realistic IC but code can't handle.

We may run quests like this in the future, but would need some ideas as to what players would like to see. I'm not sure huge mage attacks and whatnot really do much for the game.

Has TI run plots before that people liked? If so, which?

Any ideas for plots people would like to see?

Thanks!

Amdair

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Personally, I missed a lot of crazy things of days past, but I look back on some of TI's history like the Charali Conflict, and all the PC names involved in it, and think "Hey, that was probably pretty awesome."

Dane

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:12 pm

The Charali conflict was awesome. I played a Charali, and got my butt beat by Conlan.

That was mostly a Knight only Quest, but it did come to include some things in the city as that tribe of Charali moved outside the city.

What was fun about that was they took I want to say 2 or 3 knights and moved them to a created Charali zone. They then took apps for people to play Charali, we had about 3 I think, two warriors and a matriarch. We had a big ambush scene and then when the knights beat or ass, we had a big negotiation scene. The apped in charali were given XP to create good 'foils' for the quest and then bonused XP after the quest was over for their involvement. The Knights got IC rewards based on how they completed the Quest.

I think quests are very specific to players and guilds so its hard to ask for over arching things. I would love to see some more Daravi involvment. I loved it when we had a Daravi Emissary back in the old days. Everyone knew she was a mage but no one really messed with her because of the Queen's Protection. It was a wierd little thing and I loved it.

• Information