Seeking RP & Matching

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Greetings,

Now that we have removed the guild channels and tells from our arsenal of OOC planning, we have a higher in-game reliance on things like messengers.

Some players have raised that they want a better system to approach or radiate an interest in RPing rather than looking at where and trying to figure out how to get somewhere, if even possible.

What ideas and suggestions do the pbase have about how we could do that? Any rewards we could offer for successful RP pairing? What might that look like?

In the meantime, please feel free to ask if anyone is interested in RPing on the OOC channel, or set it up in your title.

Warm regards,
Kinaed

galaxgal

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:19 pm

So to be clear, I feel being online means you should expect the unexpected in terms of RP encounters, IMO, but it'd be great if there was a way to let people know that while you aren't in a public space right now, you're imminently available for e.g. messengers or knocks. (I think some people already signal this by having 'where' on in their homes/offices!)

What about a 'seeking RP' tag that shows up in wholist for people who might be available for smaller/more personal scenes that aren't always suitable for the large open spaces that make ideal where rooms?

Ideally being on the wholist at all would be an invitation for this, but it'd help differentiate, for instance, who's highly likely to be available and have time for a full scene vs. who sending a messenger or visiting the home/office of might be a gamble of time/effort.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 pm

AFK and IAW tags are currently visible for staff members. What if they were also visible for non-staff? That way, we know who is away and who is not?
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Apparently I'm prone to elaborate suggestions. I was thinking giving people a command to indicate they're seeking RP, and giving some sort of reward to players who "accept" the challenge and earn a certain amount of RPxp with them.

I was also thinking maybe of rewarding the whole pbase with a +10 bonus to all city metrics across the board if we achieve a target number of RP hours per number of active players? And each player who completes "their share" of the target might get QP or something?

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:00 pm

I found during my time there, the hailing system the Physicians have set up in the Madison a really good (and free!) way to ping you are looking for RP with a certain Guild.

I would highly recommend that the other Guilds be set up with similar things at their Guild HQ:

- Something in the Cathedral that can opt to alert Priests/Inquisitors or the Knights accordingly

- Something at Reeve HQ for the Reeves

- Something at the Merchant Guildhall for the Merchants

- Something at the Theatre (maybe the Bluebird or other spots with Bard NPCs too) for people to look for Bards

- Something at a designated spot(s) in Southside to give the Thieves a heads up

This would allow an IC framework for looking for anyone of a particular Guild. It could then ping to the appropriate channel.

Taunya

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Kinaed wrote:
I was also thinking maybe of rewarding the whole pbase with a +10 bonus to all city metrics across the board if we achieve a target number of RP hours per number of active players?
That would be a detriment to anyone with an inverted metric resource.

Ani

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:05 pm

I love the rp tag idea and knowing whether people are AFK may be a good idea too, because I sometimes don't know if people are AFK until... well it used to be until I sent a tell to them. LOL. Now it's going to be harder. Yeah, all those suggestions sound good. I don't usually post here, so I may ramble a little. :P But anyway. I like the rptag for smaller scenes, like for people like me who sometimes can't do those huge scenes, perhaps we could put numbers too to show how many we can do? Stuff like that?

Starstarfish
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Also there's a command now for "I'm looking for RP" but it presently is only for mages within a certain RP framework.

Maybe we need to find a framework for that to work for normies too. I say blame vNPCs spreading gossip.

This would be on point with other games that have a "notify" system that allows someone to flair their name/sdesc and their room name they are available for RP in.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Kinaed wrote:
Apparently I'm prone to elaborate suggestions. I was thinking giving people a command to indicate they're seeking RP, and giving some sort of reward to players who "accept" the challenge and earn a certain amount of RPxp with them.
Well, but if it's someone they play with all the time, anyway, this is... I dunno? Call me Devil's Advocate, but I see this being... (am I awful?)

I see this being something like... "Hey, put up your flag so we can get extra RPXP", "Ok!" - but if it's the person they play with all the time anyway, then it's nothing that wouldn't already be happening on a regular basis with or without the flag.

There is already extra for being in a public room, being with certain individuals (newbs, orderites, nobles, troubadours playing instruments, etc. - I mean, the characters that AREN'T on these lists are the ones at a disadvantage...), hemotes, thinks - so many ways to earn extras, and this is the one that I think could be potentially abused.

To clarify, I'm not against an "I'm looking for RP" flag, just... I have concerns about the additional RPXP for taking up on it, I guess?
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Geras

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:39 pm

I like the paging idea from Star - replicate what the Physicians have.

• Information