Game Benefits for Sale

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Rather than "maintenance Fees", though I guess that's one way of looking at things, what sort of things can we give players an in-game benefit for, but automatically charge them for as well? I can see a replacement to the levy system to give people access to things like phomes, player shops, NPC toadies, clothing, prop equipment, etc... what would you suggest we can get people spending money on? Any new offerings instead of restructuring what currently exists?

registerednuisance

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd like to see the option of paying a maintenance fee for guards/mobs rather than a one-time price.

I briefly mentioned on OOC an idea of hiring a PC, and as long as they're actively on payroll, have an NPC available to the purchaser for when the player is offline (thus, off duty). That way the money goes to a tangible place, the PC's bank acct.

Tax guards?

Pay a maint fee on xblocks. It's not just a coded barrier, but a guard that changes however often. If you don;t want to pay, you don't get the boon.

Marsilio

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree with the previous poster:

Tax all NPC retainer owners (maids, nanny's, guards)
Charge Guilds for XBlocks.

I propose the following:
Make weapons and clothing decay over time. I realize this hurts for those who create their own strings, but you can save them and just have a duplicate made.

Insinuate a loss of social standing at court by wearing only the same outfit for months.
Insinuate a loss of social standing at court for not having manservants/handmaidens (PCs Count!).
Reasoning? Is the noble too poor to be able to provide for themselves?

Remove or reduce the amount of coin provided to players by the Immortal Guild when they are employed by another guild.

Provide custom shops for mundane items:
Clothing, containers, utensils, tools, weapons.

Expand crafting to require raw materials or tools that are consumed/damaged over time.
Physicians need leaches and herbs, Orderites need to donate coin directly to the poor, etc etc.

Make characters hungry. They might have to sink their coins into food once in a while. There are plenty of very very cheap meals for the poor, but it might be scandalous if the gentry or nobles are seen taking handout meals.

I don't like all of these ideas, but it's a list and it's a start.

registerednuisance

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 pm

For what it's worth, I HATE hunger/thirst spam. hatehatehatehaethatehatehatehatehatehaethaethatehatehtehtahthahthetetahtaehttahe
hunger thirst spam. I have no issue with hunger/thirst existing, but no spam, pls.

Callista

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah, I've gotta agree with Nursie on this one. Is it possible to have hunger/thirst in the prompt, under affects, in the score, whatever... causing any affect it will have, but we DON'T need to be reminded once a minute that we are hungry or thirsty?

• Information