Poll: Skills on Creation

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

How high should a player be able to purchase skills in creation on an LBU based game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 am

Rank 25: Adept
42%
Rank 41: Master
25%
No limit
33%
No purchase
No votes

Total votes: 12
Estelle

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:46 am

But if there is no other thief on, and grinding is the only way to go ahead, do you think a thief will sit in a room and grind or go out and do public RP where he/she will not be able to improve the needed skill?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 am

I think that's a rather limited occasion of the spectrum of things a person could or would be doing, or how they'd go about their business.

If TI was consistently around 5 players online at a time, I could see it, but not as we are. My experience of LBU is actually that it generally promotes RP. The skills that can't be practiced in front of others is actually quite limited, and even then, most can be practiced in front of others, just a limited subset of others.

However, I will say, I've listened to the populace, gauged my own opinion after hearing the ins and outs - and LBU is here to stay. Inspiration is against the system, so will not be coming back in any large way, though it may make an appearance as a type of bonus at some stage. Not sure how or what kind at the moment, though.

Estelle

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 am

I just wanted to say that I am not making a point against LBU. I understand fully it is here to stay - I may not like it, but I fully respect your decision. The point that I am making is against the chargen skill caps in the -context- of there being no inspiration. Currently we are LBU, but those who wish to not grind can save up their xp to purchase the skills at chargen. Placing caps removes this choice if one wishes to have a high skill level. So grinding becomes a necessity rather than just something to fill up time when there isn't anyone around.

• Information