Community |OT| Sixteen Seasons and a Straight-to-DVD Movie

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gerolf

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:42 pm

So I typed up a response to this thread, twice. Both times were so riddled with sarcasm that I realized people would think I was part of the problem, not the solution. Hopefully this one wont be offensive. Perhaps that is part of it? We all have different ways we communicate, for me and my family we are so conflict adverse as to openly avoid it at all costs. When it has to occur it is laced with humor and could be interpreted as patronizing and condescending.

I agree in that much of this is -perception- not truth. We talk a lot about it, but I seem to have a knack for pissing people off and I don't honestly know how I do it. Recently I kindled an OOC friendship with another player and we had a long talk about some of the mistakes and perceptions of one of my previous characters.

As a personal note, if I am coming across as rude or negative, please talk to me first. As my granddad used to say, I can't fix what I don't know is broken.

Now, the only other one I can really weigh in on is the long term lasting affects. In the death room there is a list of all the things you should do before you are processed. One of them is to write a help people file for your character if you make certain requirements. Write one.

I had another conversation recently where we were talking about how much knowledge and story has been lost. The game has forgotten more than many of us ever knew. Write a book about it. Write lore about it. Not every plot has to be about burning down the cathedral.

Leech

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:02 am

http://www.optionalrealities.com/forums ... ?topic=8.0

Here's a forum post I think is fairly relevant to the subject at hand. Nothing more than a statement of what we most can already agree with, but still worth a read if you're wondering just why community trumps gameplay. Also, Optional Realities is a great forum to get involved with. They're just coming back after a crash that ate eight months of data, but they're slowly getting their community back. Good to see what else is going on in the text-based games community.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

• Information