[Poll] Should the think command use the same syntax as emote?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Should the think command use the same syntax as emote?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Yes
26%
No
68%
Maybe, comments below
5%

Total votes: 19
Applesauce

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Lily wrote:
Kinaed wrote:I think it comes because I dislike the say command in general; it's a holdover from muds in general and there to support new players coming in, but generally makes for poor RP. I also don't like the idea of having multiple commands to use 'think'.
You're saying that you don't want two separate think commands because you don't like how there's both emote and say?

That makes sense, though if using say is frowned upon, perhaps get rid of it?
Her point was (I believe, I am not Kinaed) that say has intentionally been kept to support newer players who may be overly frustrated by the lack of support for such a ubiquitous command. People who only use emote can do so whether or not say exists, but people who expect to be able to "say" would have to deal with a learning curve for even that basic a feature (and maybe no way to express their difficulties).

Tremere

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Zorak wrote: Vagueness is nice when it's us roleplaying together as players, but when a command exists to help get the Staff in the know, I think we should be as direct as possible.
Staff don't actually hear thoughts, as I understand it, unless they are directly in a room directing a story/event. Think more often than not is used for personal story development and for the mages that can listen in with their magic. So in that sense the command isn't just for staff to be in the know, it is more for the rp and us rping with each other.

Zorak

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:12 am

Ah. I was going based upon what I read in the help file.

Temi

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:05 am

We can see thoughts, but we have to actively check rather than just listening, which means we generally need a reason.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Think used to report to staff. I think the help file is out of date. You do get an RPxp bonus for using it though.

• Information