Code: Select all
roles purchase <vnum>
SEE NEW PLAYER COMMANDS
SEE GUILD COMMANDS
Staff: roles create <title>
roles edit <vnum>
roles review <vnum>
roles delete <vnum>
roles deactivate <vnum>
Roles replace guild ranks, the game shop roster, and professions. Roles can be linked to a guild. If they are, then the player will get access to all related guild related channels, the ability to see seekers, and will appear in the guildleader's guildlist.
Players who have a role that is flagged 'guildleader' will appear in the guildleader command. They will also be able to add roles their guild roles to other players.
Code: Select all
Vnum : <auto-generated, defaults and unchangable, 4 digits>
Role : <defaults to the title entered, 30 chars max>
Description : <editor for the GL/staff to describe the role, 3200 chars>
Powers : <defaults to None, SEE POWERS>
Income : <defaults to 0, auto-set weekly gpay from owner guild, can be negative>
Purchaseable : <Always/Never/Chargen/Pre-reqs>
Cost : <if purchaseable yes, defaults to 0 xp>
Editable : <Y/N, defaults to Yes, if yes, GLs can edit>
Population : <defaults to unique, unlimited or a %>
Exclusions : <default None, guilds or role vnums mutually exclusive>
Prereqs : <default No, Yes opens a Prereqs section of the POLCA>
Guild : <defaults none, else all guilds the role is a member of>
Rank : <default 0, can be any whole number, but no duplicates in a guild>
Mail Access : <defaults none, can be any mail profile name>
EQKit : <objs vnums that load with the @owner set to the player if in chargen>
Precedence : <#, staff settable only, precedence in format "Tier 1-3" "Tier 2-2">
Influence : <# weekly IP, defaults 0>
Support : <# bonus support slots gained>
Flags : <defaults none, see ROLE FLAGS below>
Type "done" to post the role or "cancel" to abort.
Roles alone will list the roles that a player currently has active as well as those in the past. SEE ROLES FORMAT
Roles create puts a staff member in the POLCA to create a new role.
Roles edit # puts a staff member in the POLCA to edit an existing role.
Roles review # just outputs the polca to the staff member.
Roles delete # deletes the role completely.
Roles deactive # toggles the open flag on the role.
Roles add <target> list will show all roles a GL can promote a given player to (usually the list of all guild roles that the target char has the pre-reqs for>.
Roles add <target> <vnum> will deactivate the target's current active guild role (if any) and set/activate this guild role on the character.
- Players may only have 3 roles active at a time.
- Players may only have 1 role active in a given guild at a time.
- Players without a role in a guild are automatically set to a staff-built guild role 'Retired', whichever role is guild level 0.
- Inactive players in a guild are automatically set to a staff-built guild role 'Retired', whichever role is guild level 0.
- If the role has an income, but it is not a guild-role, set up income from the Immortal Guild. Otherwise, the income should come from the guild's account. This is true even for negative income.
Unique: only one person in the game can hold the role
% : the role only shows the number of active players with this role is below the %
Unlimited: No population limits on the role.
- Deguilding a character will deactivate their current guild roles and remove them from the guild.
- Mail Access says which header/footers chars assigned this role can automatically access/use when they type 'mail profile list' or use when mailing others.
Always :can be viewed/purchased at any time so long as the player meets all prereqs.
Never :the role must be set on the player by staff or a GL.
Chargen:the role can only be viewed/purchased in chargen.
- Roles can have multiple guild flags.
- Flags can be:
+ Open: this role is now visible to eligible players in the roles list.
+ Roster: this role is a rostered role.
+ Default: only one role in a guild should be default, this is the rank inactive and guilded characters without a role will default to. Typically staff will set this as "Retired" and is the rank that newly guilded characters will be set to. The code will need to check if there is a default role in a guild before allowing a staffer to set this flag.
+ Leader: this flag can only be set by staff, allows a player with this role to create roles for the guild this role is flagged with.
+ Leader_Edit: The role is editable by the leader of a guild.
+ <command>: This role has access to the specified command, such as bank, promote, burn, execute, bounty strike, blacklist, etc.
+ Gnotes: This role can see gnotes for any guild it's in.
Code: Select all
Vnum Title Status Mail Key Purchased
1012 Grand Inquisitor Current GI12 12 Dec 2013
1010 High Inquisitor Past HI10 10 Oct 2013
1009 Priest Past PR9 07 Jun 2013
- Roles are sorted on activity, then on date purchased, so active roles show at the top and then more recently purchased roles at the top.
- Add the Role Level to Gnotes so that gnotes can only be accessed by someone of that role level or higher.