Log of OOC meeting 1/24/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Pixie

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Inquisition - Saturday, January 24, 2015, 1:00 PM
-------------------------------------------------

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're about to begin."

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone feels like it's story time at school grin*

Kinaed queries, "This week's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Topics
- Plot Discussion

Does anyone have anything they want to make sure we add to the agenda right now to ensure we talk about it today?"

(visnet) Player Honor: I'd like to talk about manipulating unconscious people.

Rain states, "Er."

Rain claims, "...I'd like to talk about manipulating unconscious people."

Kinaed has transferred a delicately built, green-eyed, pale blonde woman. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a mutilated floppy cloth doll dressed in Inquisitorial red to a delicately built, green-eyed, pale blonde woman.

Kinaed says to Rain, "Noted down."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else?"

(visnet) Player Honor: Only at the OOC meeting. Ahem. Sorry!

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes has gone AFK.

Kinaed states, "Okay, if you think of something later, send me a tell."

Kinaed states, "To kick off Staff Updates - it's been one of those awful weeks for me at work where I was working from 7:50 am to 7:20 pm multiple days in the week. Thus, I don't recall what all I got up to for TI, but I do recall handling a few policy cases. For those of you involved in them, thank you for your patience whilst I investigated complaints."

Kinaed claims, "Immediately after this meeting, I'm sending Azarial a spec to resolve the bug about people not being able to find their own hidden doors."

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair cheers.

Kinaed claims, "I also have a list of specs that came out of - oh yeah, apparently I cleaned up the staff boards this week - the staff board cleanup that I did."

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "That covers me. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "Bugs, mostly. poked at ranged when i had sanity."

Azarial states, "I will jump on the hidden door spec as soon as i recieve it"

Kinaed says, "The bugs I see an update on are: recipe books being fixed up, using /self in a think, fixing up inflict damage, arrest issues, fixing up the Reeve guard spec so they actually attempt to arrest warranted people, a bug with the astral plane where things were crossing over (I think both ways) though ought not, a lock bug, and a couple of crash bugs."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "...i also made the doll for today."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone hugs doll.

Takta trails off, "Well, I've spent a little TOO much time on TI this week, and should fix that going forward..."

An olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair peers down at his hands with a desperate expression

Kinaed claims, "Gosh no, please don't. The game would fall apart. :P"

Takta claims, "The Path of Fire write-up is nearing a stage where I can post it on the forums, though further commentary is still welcome."

Takta states, "I tweaked my zMUD settings and mapped the game, and plan to clean that up and post it as a file for folks in the next week."

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes smiles.

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone says, "Omfg, thank you"

Takta grins.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden approaches an olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair, closing the distance.
A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden is near.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden gives a mutilated floppy cloth doll dressed in Inquisitorial red to an olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair.

Takta states, "It's not as big as it seems - of course, I didn't explore 'interior' areas beyond their first rooms, to keep it manageable."

Takta says, "But the main thing consuming my attention right now is woodworking, which I have mostly finished designing and just need to implement."

Takta says, "My current plan is for woodcutting to go away as a skill and the command simply auto-succeeding in giving you a log of wood, at the cost of one 'use' of an axe that comes with five uses."

An olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair gives a mutilated floppy cloth doll dressed in Inquisitorial red to a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden.

Takta says, "Hence woodcutting will not be free anymore, but will still allow you to save 50% off store prices."

Takta claims, "I have more info if anybody's curious, but otherwise, I'll note that's it. I did NOT start my new plot yet this week because of everything else."

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes queries to Takta, "So the balcksmith plan will be changing too, for the axe?"

Takta states to a curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes, "Yeah. I'll be having to change/edit various other recipes."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden questions, "What's wrong with the way woodcutting currently works, if I might ask?"

A robust blond man with an aquiline nose queries, "How is the tool situation looking for woodworkers?"

Kinaed claims to a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden, "It's part of the old craft system, and we're updating woodworking for the new craft system."

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden states, "Woodcutting, not woodworking."

Takta says, "Also, I want to meet a standard where getting your raw materials yourself saves you about 50% of the cost."

Takta states, "Which is a general guiding philosophy for most of the crafts."

Kinaed says, "Yes, it's part of the old craft system, so we're updating to be like the new."

Takta states, "If woodcutting is a skill all its own, that doesn't work well - you're going to get more off at the high end, less off at the low end. Also woodcutting as it is works off multiple units in a single item, not multiple items."

Kinaed claims, "Part of the new system is to reduce the skills you need to create an effect."

Takta claims, "Switching from a unit system that could vary from 5-150 units per item and wardrobes take 3000 units to a system where you cut three logs max to make a wardrobe necessitates some changes."

A dusky hulk of a man with russet dreadlocks wonders, "Which craft is next up for a rework?"

Kinaed claims, "We viewed it being a skill as an unnecessary XP sink there solely to sink people's XP."

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair questions, "Will woodcutting remain on it's own, or become part of woodworking?"

Takta says, "Woodcutting will probably keep its command but will no longer incorporate skill at all."

Kinaed says to a statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair, "Remain on its own as an effect of using an axe tool."

Takta says, "You can just cut a tree down if you have an axe."

Kinaed nods.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden says, "Gotcha. Thanks! Was just wondering what the implications might be for people specializing in resource acquisition rather than mastering a craft."

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair looks out into the forest, " I'm coming for you."

Kinaed claims, "We have papercraft and some upgrades to magecraft."

Takta states, "Those who do resource acquisition can still get a log for 30 silver when the shop sells it at 60."

Kinaed asks of Takta, "Is the sacrifice recipe/code resolved?"

Takta asks of Kinaed, "It's in Az's court, I think?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Aios wonders, "Any thoughts on the exchange rate when old woods need to be converted to newstyle logs?"

Eleon is idle.

Takta claims, "Blargh."

Takta grins.

Eleon is no longer idle.

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden states, "Sounds like there won't be any need for people who focus on resource acquisition if anyone can do it."

Takta states, "That's a thought."

Eleon has returned from AFK.

Takta states, "No, I'll figure it out."

Kinaed claims to Xinoe, "You're up. :)"

Xinoe pontificates, "This week I logged:

6 typos fixed.
1 request completed.
3 building tasks finished.
1 book reviewed and installed.

This past week I've focused on updating player homes to support door durability and better organizing information on all phomes to make the process cleaner and quicker for adding to, selling, transferring and so on. This coming week I intend to finish that work as well as make sure all guildhalls are documented with their taxes set up. After that I'll be looking into IC books including standardizing certain aspects of their sale. This ties in with my major project, Papercrafting, which I've mostly put on hold while catching up on typos, requests and general help file maintenance.

And that's my update!"

Kinaed hugs Xinoe.

Kinaed says, "I love it when they're quick and still full of substance."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, any questions before we move on to Player Topics?"

Takta claims, "(As for re: resource acquisition, there won't be a need - but a niche is possible.)"

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes questions, "Sacrifice? >_>"

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes claims, "Is there a spec on that >_>"

Kinaed claims to a curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes, "The recipe/code that will allow players to murder their friends to gain magical powers and as a mage, increase their powers."

Alette states, "Oh god. What."

Kinaed says, "There was, but I'm not sure where it is."

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes trails off, "I knew that, but.... I am excited >_>"

A dusky hulk of a man with russet dreadlocks says, "Oh, I thought that was already implemented. That could have made for an awkward scene."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls says, "It is a super crazy idea. Could be a good plot when it comes out, as well."

Kinaed says, "Well, we just got the recipe in game, and we have a recipe book that will teach the recipe, but the code to flip the switch needs to go in, so it hasn't been released yet."

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man states to a curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes, "Sociopath"

Eleon studies the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, any other questions? If not, I'm going to ask Honor to introduce her topic about manipulating... unconscious people? Dead people?"

Aios says, "Sounds ominous."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls nods.

Kinaed grins at Aios.

Rain claims, "I dressed appropriately."

Sameer isn't into that sort of thing.

A flint-eyed Vandagan male says OOCly, "Could I get transed back? Gotta get going to work."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Azarial has created a dusty leather tome etched with crude symbols!

Azarial gives a dusty leather tome etched with crude symbols to Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Thanks."

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes stares at the dusty leather tome with giddiness!

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone questions, "Is it...the one that screams when you open it?"

Kinaed hides the recipe book for sacrifice.

Kinaed nods at an ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone.

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone squees.

A delicately built, green-eyed, pale blonde woman is idle.

A delicately built, green-eyed, pale blonde woman is no longer idle.

A delicately built, green-eyed, pale blonde woman has returned from AFK.

Rain claims, "I've posted this on the forums at /viewtopic.php?f=28&t=988&p=6209#p6209 too."

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man says, ".... it is the necronomicon."

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair guards his pants.

Rain claims, "When someone goes unconscious, there doesn't seem to be any way of snapping them out of it and I think there should be. While you're unconscious, you're not able to RP. You can't see anything, hear anything, and that's extra difficult on an RP game. It also seems to last a long time before you snap out of it on your own."

Kinaed claims, "I see no issues with that, Honor. Please raise a bug request and I'll approve that."

Takta says, "I personally think people shouldn't go unconscious."

Takta claims, "Not codewise."

Azarial has been hacking on those issues as well.

Rain says, "Okay, cool! Thanks."

Takta claims, "ICly, sure, but the inability to interact with anything or pose at all when incapped is problematic for RP."

Kinaed states, "I sort of agree with Takta. They should go unconscious and be told they are, but not have the effects of being unconscious as they are now - way too Hack and Slash implementation."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes states, "And nerve wracking"

Kinaed says, "Maybe the same way we tell people they're blind or dirty."

A dusky hulk of a man with russet dreadlocks looks mighty thoughtful.

Takta says, "We could prevent them from attacking or moving rooms, things like that."

Takta says, "To prevent twinkery."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls claims, "I agree. Maybe... even if you became 'knocked out' in that you can't combat or move, but you should still be able to emote and see what goes on around you. Blind is frustrating too."

Takta grins at an olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls.

Aios claims to Takta, "Incapacitated but not unconscious"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls grins back.

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair claims to Kinaed, "I was thinking about the blind thing too"

Rain questions, "Okay, I can bug for that instead?"

Azarial questions, "I thought blindness was worked out?"

A swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden questions, "Time to introduce smelling salts?"

Kinaed states, "Possibly a reminder after an emote that they're unconscious the same way we let people know if there's something not optimal about their emoting."

Kinaed nods at a swarthy, blue-eyed hoyden.

Kinaed claims, "Good idea with that too."

Takta states, "It being in default prompt like Indecent would be a good deal."

Kinaed claims, "I love having new medical items."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls exclaims, "Oh, smelling salts would be great!"

Rain claims, "Hehe, I had someone suggest that when I had them proof read my speech for this subject."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure if people notice that since I see a lot of people walking around indecent in-game."

Takta claims, "I think people SEE indecent but hate hats."

Azarial claims, "One vial of liquid ass, one vial of skunk butt, two piles of sea salt, and a pinch of garlic. boil in water unil sludgy and scrape into a vial."

Takta grins at Azarial.

An ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone says, "It is VERY hard to ignore the bright red prompt"

Kinaed grumbles about people not following theme.

Kinaed nods at an ebony-eyed man with warm-gold skin tone.

Aios says, "Some folk are just plain indecent."

Takta states, "Hats are just so ugly."

Kinaed states, "Are not."

Takta grins.

Kinaed nods at Aios.

A young curly blond blue eyed Lithmorran lad states, "It is when your client doesnt show colors"

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes claims, "Indecent. Stark Naked. Both are the same to me."

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man declares, "I am very proud of my RL hat collection!"

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes says, "Hairpins, wigs, charms, all alts to hats"

Kinaed nods at a tall, broad shouldered Tubori man.

Kinaed nods at a curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes.

Rain says, "Really, any head item covers the indecency thing and it- yeah."

Kinaed nods at Rain.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, so... that covered Honor's topic of interest. Can I ask everyone - how has RP been in the last week?"

A curvy, tanned woman with blue-green eyes giggles, "AWESOEM!"

Kinaed asks, "Anything you'd like to see improved about the game that would have handled something better?"

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man says sarcastically, "Oh, I don't think anything really all that important happened this last week or so."

A statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair claims, "Indecent with no hat shouldn't really bother Freemen, but gentry and Nobles should be very aware of no hat-ism."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls exclaims, "I'm just coming back, so I have no idea! But everything seems good!"

A dusky hulk of a man with russet dreadlocks states, "Yeah last week was poppin' off from what I could see"

A young, stoic Lithmorran woman with sea-blue eyes says to a statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair, "Or at least unbound hair."

Kinaed states to a statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair, "I think it'd bother freemen too. Do recall, it's a bit like the modern equivalent of walking with your boobs or your testicles out."

Rain claims to a statuesque Vavardian male with long auburn hair, "I respectfully disagree. Freemen shouldn't default to poor behavior."

Kinaed claims, "The social norms of this group are people who see ankles as sexually exciting."

A dusky hulk of a man with russet dreadlocks states, "Ankles ARE sexually exciting."

Sameer claims, "Too many deaths this week x.x"

Azarial says, "The calf in public? indecent. downright shameful."

Eleon stops using a pair of sharkskin greaves, made from placoid scales.

Takta claims, "No more deaths allowed for a while, huh."

Eleon stops using a simple pair of loose-fitting cotton pants.

Kinaed claims, "Well, yeah, but in modern times, we see people roaming about in bikinis. I remember when I was a teenager and it was a huge thing that Janet Jackson had her belly button showing. My how we've changed."

An olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair is idle.

Eleon flexes.

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man claims, "Lets see Gerolf, Aurther both died Ariel was deposed Myr died.."

An olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair is no longer idle.
An olive-skinned man with long, braided black hair has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "This is winding back well past the 1990s and into medieval territory where anything that might encourage someone to be attracted to someone else was sinful because it could lead to unprotected sex, which could lead to children out of wedlock, which ruined lives."

An olive-eyed woman with tight sepia curls states, "Aw :( Gerolf, Aurther... So sad. I didn't know Myr, but that's sad too."

Kinaed wonders, "In all of that RP, did anything come out that didn't work well?"

Kinaed wonders, "Places where the game was frustrating instead of supportive?"

Takta states, "Everything has worked well re: Ariel's plot, system-wise."

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man says, "Well, as one of the players who lost a character I will say that death is relitively painless, but there was still that "finish" glitch that should be looked into."

Kinaed states, "That's on the bug board, but isn't as urgent as the secrets code."

Kinaed claims, "You won't accidentally die if someone uses safe anyway, so usually if they're not, they intend to finish at the end anyway."

A tall, broad shouldered Tubori man states, "Naw, It doesn't need to be fixed now, just wanted to provide my feedback. "

Kinaed nods.

Rain asks, "If you don't mean to kill while the bug's up, I'm assuming you are invalidated anyway, right?"

Azarial claims, "I was poking that today. looks to be a bit of leftover subdue toggle code."

Kinaed nods at Rain.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's covering off Player Topics."

Kinaed muses, "Anything else anyone wants to talk about before we get to Plots?"

Takta says, "Re: Plots, I should note I very much intend to run the same plot we discussed last week (vigilantes) this week, to make up for it."

Kinaed says, "Nice. We've got a huge room and somehow aren't going way over time."

Takta states, "That just got delayed by... everything."

Kinaed trails off, "So, plots..."

Aios has lost link.

Aios has reconnected.

Rain has lost link.

Rain has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "SPOILER ALERT. This is the part of the log where we get to talking about what plots are being run in the world and what, if anything, we want to do about the game plot agenda."

Kinaed states to Alette, "You can stop logging here, we usually don't post the rest of the convo to the forums."

• Information