Log of OOC Meeting 1/10/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Kinaed questions, "As we're running a bit late, I'd like to kick off quickly. Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Topics
- Plot Review

Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda and ensure we discuss today?"

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair claims, "Oh"

Corlan dul Nulaam claims, "Lad: I have seen you wander in and out of scenes at an instant."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair nods.

Terryn dul Valistovos says, "I'd like to add something, it's about the support prompt"

Kinaed nods at Terryn dul Valistovos.

Kinaed questions, "Noted. Anyone else?"

Takta states, "I had a small thing about crafting I wanted player input on."

Kinaed wonders, "Noted, anyone else?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, with the extending moment of silence, I'll assume that's done."

Veiss Chnee exclaims, "Wait!"

Kinaed waits.

Veiss Chnee wonders, "Are we doing the religious thing after?"

Takta states, "I've moved to the forums for that."

Takta claims, "Players seemed to want forums and not meetings."

Veiss Chnee pouts.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Veiss Chnee says, "Forums are scary"

Kinaed comforts Veiss Chnee.

Azarial says, "Ours should be free of spam bots"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll kick off Staff Updates. Firstly, please let me apologize for sleeping in today; I'm still not quite awake. I hope the meeting isn't disjointed or anything because of that."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair claims, "I just hope they are accessable to screen readers"

Azarial claims, "Might have to talk to ned about that, but i hvae not heard any complaints from him."

Veiss Chnee says, "I can never get out a decent post, because I have too many thoughts flying through my head, and if I were to organize them, the post would be a thesis. "

Azarial says, "But I do not know what reader he uses."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair asks, "I use window eyes.. and someone else uses one?"

Kinaed trails off, "Last week, I restarted a PC and completed some 4-5 entries on a much needed IC book, Inquisitorial Methods. I have 4-5 entries to go, and that two year long work in progress will be done. I also submitted specifications for a few changes..."

Kinaed claims, "Of note, when it comes in, Appearance is going to become a purchase command that costs XP."

Veiss Chnee gets all excited!

Kinaed claims, "IE, it will be like class instead of calculated off Charisma."

Corlan dul Nulaam declares, "Great!"

Kinaed says, "For those of you who have high appearance scores, you will have the option of changing it to whatever you wish or having the XP cost zeroed."

Kinaed says, "This will only be for existing characters. Please note that appearance is not cheap."

Kinaed states, "I think that's the only change I put up."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair ponders.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that covers me."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up, foxy."

Azarial says, "Some bugs, some throwing. az without dew is unproductive."

Terryn dul Valistovos asks of Kinaed, "Will starting xp be adjusted since we now have something else we have to buy with it?"

Kinaed states to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Probably not."

Kinaed states, "In my view, appearance is a non-necessity, game-wise, and I don't relish 100% of people walking around being gorgeous - hence the XP costs being relatively high."

Kinaed claims, "Everyone will start at average, however, and being ugly gives XP back."

Tomas wonders, "How high are we talk about?"

Terryn dul Valistovos claims to Kinaed, "I'm just thinking everyone will now be ugly, doing the same thing on the opposite end"

Kinaed claims, "To purchase App 5, it will cost you 100k xp. App 2 is 0."

Kinaed says to Terryn dul Valistovos, "I don't think so, but we'll see."

Veiss Chnee will now longer have pretty alts. They will all be ugly, savants.

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says, "Agreed. say I think it depends how much cost wise it will be"

Kinaed states, "Advantages are floating XP costs, if it's too out of wack, we can just adjust it and costs will be refunded."

Kinaed nods at a well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair.

Terryn dul Valistovos wonders to Kinaed, "Is alot of app 4's actually causing a big enough issue to have it changed so?"

Kinaed says, "No, this change is due to popular demand."

Kinaed claims, "The appearance people have doesn't bother me in the slightest."

Takta says, "Cha being inextricably tied to app has been an issue for concepts before."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that covers myself and Azarial - Takta, care to update us? :)"

Terryn dul Valistovos says to Takta, "Now doing it for that reason makes sense, but other than that sounds like people whining about something silly."

Takta claims, "Okay! I've fielded... a LOT of requests, big and small, tlls and notes."

Takta claims, "Updated mobprog guards to stop unauthorized key use."

Takta says, "Re-did the Southside xblocks in a way that should have 100% stopped unintentional Southside travl by those in danger down there."

Takta asks, "Has any gentry/noble/Reeve/Knight accidentally traveled into Southside since?"

Tamarion ab Keswick says OOCly, "I amost went to far the other day and I got the notice."

Tomas states, "Nope, but I'm usually pretty careful about it"

Takta claims, "Excellent to hear, Tam. :)"

Corlan dul Nulaam wonders, "Does runk wandering count?"

Corlan dul Nulaam states, "Drunk*"

Tamarion ab Keswick says, "So, yes, it works, and it's nice to have :)"

Kinaed grins at Corlan dul Nulaam.

Takta says to Corlan dul Nulaam, "Only if in th last week or so you walked in without being xblocked."

Corlan dul Nulaam states, "Ah, then no. The trail of bodies I leave behind is usually intentional."

Corlan dul Nulaam hides.

Azarial claims, "Drunk wandering should work like normal wandering."

Takta states, "Ummmm. I'm sure I've done other stuff - OH! Started a Path of Fire thread on the forums."

Azarial says, "Just less puking."

Takta states, "Anybody at all interested in alternative religions, please comment. :)"

Corlan dul Nulaam states, "I might just get into that."

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair claims, "Maybe"

Takta claims, "That's all for now, I think. I need to start taking notes. Oh, and plague plot of course - likely closing this week."

Kinaed smiles.

Corlan dul Nulaam says, "I'm sure there's one big question on everyone's lips regarding the plot."

Kinaed peers curiously at Corlan dul Nulaam.

Takta wonders, "Is there?"

Azarial gets a yarn doll in a leather coat, hat, and long plague mask from pico, a text editor.

Azarial has created a yarn doll in a leather coat, hat, and long plague mask[1].

Azarial gives a yarn doll in a leather coat, hat, and long plague mask to Temi.

Corlan dul Nulaam muses, "It's like a season finale of whatever series. Does <PERSON> die?"

Takta states, "Ah. *grin*"

Kinaed states, "Just wait and see :)"

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Hello, chica. Care to update us?"

Corlan dul Nulaam pontificates, "Find out on the next episode of Blood and Mucus!"

Temi states, "I have accomplished close to nothing."
A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair laughs.

Temi states, "Adopted a new puppy, and she's gotten sick, so if anyone wants to add prayers for her, would be appreciated. But she seems to be on an upswing now :)"

Kinaed states, "I'm pretty sure she fit a few plot updates in there, but yes - Temi has had a tough time this week; the sickness wasn't a minor one, but life threatening."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair claims, "Ah, hat's no good"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that wraps up Staff Updates! Time to discuss, dun dun dun, Player Topics."

Kinaed wonders, "To kick off, Terryn - support prompts?"

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad is idle.

Kinaed questions, "I think Terryn might be AFK?"

Terryn dul Valistovos states to Kinaed, "Sorry was doing something, so yeah now when I pose(after every pose) it tells me I am not supporting someone. Since this is tied to autowarnings, can we get that moved to the list that autowarnings gives us? I like autowarnings, but find that constant prompt after every pose annoying."

Kinaed claims, "Yep."

Takta says, "IIRC it's in both right now."

Kinaed claims, "Making a note."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed claims, "I find the every-emote-warning to be too much too."

Kinaed wonders to Takta, "You had something you wanted player input on?"

Takta states, "Yeah."

Takta says, "I was fumbling with craft commands today trying to remember in which order you put all and ranks when looking at a craft list, and it occurred to me:"

Takta muses, "Is there ever a situation where you do NOT want a craft's recipes to order by rank? Would it make sense to make that the default?"

Tomas claims, "Sometimes it would be nice to have it by category or type. like when I am searching for containers for woodworking"

Takta claims, "That way it's just, say, leather alone to see all leather you can make (with recipes in order), and leather -all to see all leather recipes, no need to use -ranks."

Kinaed asks, "I think you can do a craft_ -<type>?"

Takta states, "Not that I know of.."

Kinaed states, "Okay, will note that we want to be able to do that as well."

Terryn dul Valistovos questions to Temi, "You asking if we think we don't need the -rans part?"

Temi claims, "Well, the way I organized herbalism, they are in order, mostly, but within types"

Takta states, "It'd be cool to add that, but I more mean, the default right now is not ordered by rank, only by recipe number, and I wonder if anybody finds that helpful."

Takta claims to Temi, "For most crafts I think they're haphazard as hell."

Veiss Chnee claims, "I have fought with it, and just accepted it. "

Tomas states, "Ranks would be useful when you are leveling the craft"

Kinaed states, "I don't; the recipe number is just an arbitrary field."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "I find it useful to know what I'll get on my next rank, that's all the input I have."

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad is no longer idle.

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says, "Likely would be good to have ranks so you know what you can and can't do deacently"

Veiss Chnee claims, "I normally use, craft show <keyword, ie steel> but for like tailoring, I just scan the recipes until I find what I want. "

Veiss Chnee claims, "It would be nice to go by rank, that way you have some idea where to start in the list,"

Takta wonders, "So people would like by rank as the default, but also the ability to search by obj type?"

Tomas claims, "Yes"

Kinaed claims, "I've noted that down."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, it's 8:40 - any other player topics anyone wants to discuss, or shall we move on to plots?"

Veiss Chnee muses, "Crazy idea, could we ever, just a thought, use the old system's category like menu, but with the new recipes?"

Takta muses, "Like, by slot?"

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad states, "Would having a hard time finding people in a certain guild count as a player topic"

Tomas says, "The old system category is okay, but it still isn't the best. I always lose items in it"

Kinaed says to a curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad, "Yep."

Veiss Chnee questions, "Yes, I honestly liked that only because, I would want to make a weapon, and knew where to find it quickly, you know?"

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad claims, "Well that is something i am having a hard time with at the moment"

Takta claims, "Adding a search by type would let you find weapons easily."

Takta says, "Blacksmith -weapon vs -armor vs -prop, for example."

Gerolf begins to move south.

Kinaed states, "We can probably also add a search by slot or any other major template category without too much issue."

Gerolf crosses the center of the room.

Kinaed states, "Well, I hope."

Gerolf comes to a stop.

Kinaed gives Azarial an apologetic glance.

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "I was thinking more 'blacksmith -type weapon' 'blacksmith -type armor', but yeah."

Veiss Chnee states to Takta, "Maybe that would work, because with like thea, a master in blacksmithing, I loath just typing blacksmith, and having to search for the number. I think with the -weapon or kewords that would make it much more wieldable"

Kinaed nods at Veiss Chnee.

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad states, "It is just um difficult for me to get a sponsor if i cant find any members of the order to talk to about it"

Temi states, "If you know the specific item type you want, there's already keywords."

Takta wonders to a curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad, "They've been pretty active - have you checked the guildlist to search them out with mail and messengers?"

Kinaed wonders, "Have you typed 'guildlist order' and sent a messenger/mail/personal board to anyone on the list?"

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad states, "Um not sure how to do the board thing exactly i had started talking with one person we got intterupted and well i havent seen him since"

Kinaed comforts a curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad.

Kinaed says, "I'll ask the Order to ensure they speak with you soon to help out."

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad claims, "Thanks"

Gerolf states, "Noted"

Kinaed states, "Now you have a list of people with 'guildlist <guild>' that you can reach out to too, though."

Kinaed trails off, "And there's an Orderite now..."

Kinaed points at Gerolf with a grin.

A curly, blonde-haired green-eyed lad nods.

Terryn dul Valistovos queries, "Soooooo, that gave me an idea, is it possible to have people in a guild to get a ' you have x sponsors for your guild' when they log in?"

Gerolf declares, "Where?! Who?!"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anyone else have anything to raise before we jump on Player Topics?"

Kinaed claims to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Yep."

Terryn dul Valistovos states to Kinaed, "Might be helpful, I know they have the tag on their name, but some days I don't loo at the who list"

Kinaed queries, "Anything else people want to chat about? :)"

Kinaed claims, "If not... SPOILER ALERT."

Zeita

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:50 pm

On the subject of recipe searching, would it be possible to add tags to each recipe. Ie, every sword recipe could have 'sword' attached and every steel 'steel', or every weapon 'hold' or 'weapon'. Then, with a new search functionality, it should allow for easier narrowing down when looking for particular recipes.

• Information