Log of OOC Meeting 1/3/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's get this party started. Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Topics
- Plot Discussion"

Kinaed muses, "Does anyone have anything they want to add to the Agenda and make sure we talk about?"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Now that I've gotten to play with it a bit, I've only found one major thing I'm having a problem with concerning the plot system, so I'd like to bring that up eventually."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Ranged Combat plz"

Kinaed nods at a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair.

Kinaed states to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "Noted."

Azarial claims, "Only one? that came out better than stories."

An unremarkable woman says, "I do. I'd like to add Latent Mages Auto-Awakening to it."

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "Noted."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "They do, eventually, unremarkable."

Casimir Aldair claims to Azarial, "I actually really like the plot system, now that I know how it works! It's very self-contained, unlike STPs, which was a massive, open-ended concept."

Azarial says, "True, yes. a closed system is a bit easier to develop."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll take the silence as permission to kick off."

Casimir Aldair claims, "That's not to say I don't like the STP system. Just that there are a lot of things that it needs to make it more appealing. But anyways =P"

Azarial states, "One of these days. -_-; my carpet crawler is trying ti walk."

Kinaed claims, "Last week as staff, I'm sorry, but I can't remember what I did. I suppose some of you have seen my PC wandering about, however. I've re-taken up that mantel."

Casimir Aldair cheers.

Kinaed says, "I'm pretty sure all I did was ask other staff members to do things, sorry other staff."

Takta grins.

Veiss Chnee declares to Kinaed, "I promise not to anything bad to this one! *hugs*"

Azarial states, "Under a hundred bugs, no new specs; Im good."

Kinaed says to Veiss Chnee, "Hehe, go ahead! I love trouble."

Casimir Aldair says, "Playing an Inquisitor is a task all its own."

Kinaed claims, "Next week, I will be gone camping, away from technology for a good part of the week."

Kinaed says, "I -think- I'll be back for next week's OOC Chat (we're on vacation with the kids), but no one will see me around for a bit."

Kinaed declares, "That covers my update, Az, you're up!"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair questions, "Are other staff able to boot the game if it goes down?"

Kinaed says to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "Temi and Az can."

Azarial says, "Some progress on throwing as a test for ranged, and assorted bugs, crash, icky crash, and otherwise."

Azarial states to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "I do most all of the booting."

Azarial claims, "I9t;s when I go on vacation that poeple worry. not that I can live without net."

Kinaed states, "Temi and I are the backups to Az booting."

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "I've never actually done it.. but i have instructions."

Kinaed asks of Temi, "Not even once?"

Kinaed has, maybe 5 times in the last 11 years.

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "Anything to add?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair asks, "Aka, it's normally Azarial codemonkeycaused?"

Veiss Chnee thinks Temi's instructions is actually a big red button that reads, RESET!

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "It's extremely hard to crash this game, I'd figure."

Kinaed claims, "No, it's usually player caused :P"

Kinaed states, "Az just picks up the pieces."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Happens regularly Max"

Kinaed states to Maxwell le Wattkil, "It's harder than it was in 2004."

Temi claims to Kinaed, "I kept not having the right passwords when we needed it, or Az was around, etc. But I've got them now."

Azarial claims, "Not that I can think of."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

An unremarkable woman says, "I'll pipe up and say your version of 'regularly' is a lot less frequent than a lot of other popular mud's version of 'regularly'."

Kinaed pontificates to Azarial, "Thanks for the update!"

Kinaed exclaims to Temi, "You're up!"

Azarial claims, "Really? wow, that's pretty cool."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Hey, I don't mind it. Means things are getting fixed."

Azarial claims, "Taht is far far better than when we started. around a five minute average up time with a handful of players."

Temi says, "Okay! So, I've got my parents here, so I've been scarce."

Temi says, "But I've been working on keeping plots going."

Kinaed cheers for Temi's parents anyway.

Casimir Aldair states, "And doing an excellent job. For one person, it's amazing. Serious."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Agreed"

Temi states, "I think people owe me an IC Events announcement on the official stuff for the betrothal contracts"

Temi claims, "And the plague is all Takta and Ned, I haven't been touching that."

Casimir Aldair trails off, "Oh. Well, for three people..."

Veiss Chnee coughs on everyone.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Staying away like the plague, eh. EH"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Average. *sagenod*"

Kinaed says, "On that, I've asked Xinoe and Takta to take a more forward role in processing plots."

Casimir Aldair says, "Kidding. =P But serious, thanks guys. Plots are really great."

Temi states, "But, hopefully folks are enjoying themselves."

Temi claims, "And that's been my week."

Kinaed claims, "The staff have agreed that whomever is owning the staff of a plot, however, will own the whole thing."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "I am"

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair states, "I'm finally getting involved in them. Diggin' it"

Kinaed states to Casimir Aldair, "I'm glad to hear you've tried them out and approve."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "I like the game, even if it is, interesting"

Azarial says, "...i hear a cat. i think my linoleum lizard might be awake."

Kinaed declaims to a woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair, "Awesome to hear!"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thank you, Temi."

Kinaed exclaims to Takta, "You're up!"

Takta trails off, "Oh, lord, okay. I think I missed last meeting and I can't recall what I did which week specifically, so..."

Karrina ab Vazien says to a young light brown haired muscular woman, "You do not have to osay in this room. Everything is OOC here."

Takta says, "The biggest thing of course is the plague plot; many thanks to all the players who've gotten involved, and I hope to get more of you coughing up blood in the future. :D"

Maxwell le Wattkil keeps his scarf up around his face.

Takta states, "I have been doing a lot of small things and background documentation work, but also:"

Karrina ab Vazien stays in her Keep and homes well outside of Lithmore.

Takta claims, "Working on making sacrifice happen, with Az; planning to tackle the alternative religions to flesh out their helpfiles and ensure they all have good temples on-grid (the Cult's was just recently finished)"

Takta states, "Aw, c'mon. Plague won't kill you without your express choice, and it's fun. ;)"

Casimir Aldair questions, "Sacrifice? Huh?"

Kinaed nods at Casimir Aldair.

Casimir Aldair muses, "Wuzzat?"

Kinaed claims, "Become a mage though killing your neighbor."

Veiss Chnee muses to Takta, "You didn't touch the statue did you?"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Oooh."

Takta claims to Veiss Chnee, "Only in the fun way."

Casimir Aldair states, "Thought that was already in. =P"

Kinaed claims, "No, just planned."

Veiss Chnee smiles at Takta.

Casimir Aldair claims, "Gotcya."

Karrina ab Vazien states to Takta, "Character is pregnant and do not want to risk things."

Takta states, "I'm sure I've done some other stuff but I forgot to take notes, so, ahem."

Kinaed states, "I think it's sort of in now, but parts aren't working."

Takta claims, "That's it for me."

Kinaed states, "So we're trying to get it finalized and tested."

Casimir Aldair says OOCly, "For alt-religion characters, can we insta-know where the temples are?"

Veiss Chnee states, "If you need a pc I will volunteeeerrr"

Takta says, "There are mobs on grid which may help alt-religion folks find their temples."

Casimir Aldair nods.

Takta claims, "But we can consider some other methods, too."

Kinaed asks of Takta, "Anything to add?"

Casimir Aldair states to Takta, "Make sure to make the Cassite temple huge. I have a lot of over-compensation to toss about."

Takta says, "I may consult players about Path of Fire as it's the most popular alt-religion."

Takta says, "And I want to change a few things about it/flesh it out better."

Kinaed says, "If you're a player of a cult char, and you can't find your temple, send staff a tell."

Veiss Chnee pontificates, "This makes me happy!"

Karrina ab Vazien says to Casimir Aldair, "I can see it having many halls and limbs."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Now time for the Knights to start raiding temples."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "Hmmm"

Veiss Chnee states, "I have wanted more culty rp, for a while"

Casimir Aldair states, "Tomb Raider style, bruh."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that wraps up Staff Updates. Next item on the Agenda, Player Topics."

Kinaed wonders to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "What would you like to discuss regarding Ranged Combat, Roderick?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "We can go indiana jones on it. We'll dress your page up as Croft."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair trails off, "Well..."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair queries, "I'd like to know the current state of it. How far along is it. How long are we expecting currently?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair doesn't care about throwing so much as being able to use bows.

Kinaed says, "The specification for it is complete."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair begins to count their money.

Kinaed has created the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec[1].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 5)the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec

Veiss Chnee gets the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec.

Kinaed says, "Sorry for the spam."

Kinaed states, "Az has it and it is his current project."

Veiss Chnee studies the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec.

Veiss Chnee looks at a book in her hands.

Casimir Aldair asks, "Any plans to make bows the prefered way to hunt deer, or will hunters still be better off stabbing them with a sword?"

Maxwell le Wattkil gets the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec.

Maxwell le Wattkil studies the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec.

Kinaed says, "Staff Priorities at the moment are:

- Ranged Combat & Throwing
- New Air Spells
- Places Code"

Maxwell le Wattkil looks at a book in his hands.

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair questions, "Places code?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "I was cleaving dear in twain with an axe the other day. Unless archery's nearly a one shot on them.. can't really see that."

Casimir Aldair claims, "Lol Places Code. Been getting knocked down forever."

Temi has lost link.

Kinaed states to Casimir Aldair, "I haven't given it much thought, re- Bows and Deer"

Takta states, "Eh. Places is nice but imo it is less central."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair wonders, "What is places code?"

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "Can you kill mobs and improve fighting?"

Kinaed has created the Places Spec Updated[1].

Casimir Aldair claims to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "In a perfect world, deer would dash off into staff land if you weren't sneaking/got too close."

Kinaed gives the Places Spec Updated to a woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair.

Takta claims to a young light brown haired muscular woman, "Only if their skill is close to yours."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "Sorry if its a newbie question, but"

Temi has reconnected.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "Agrred, Cas."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "*Agreed"

Kinaed nods at a young light brown haired muscular woman.

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair looks at the Ranged Combat - Archery Spec in her hands.

Takta claims to Casimir Aldair, "I think alternative methods of hunting like that have been discussed, but not yet reached real priority levels."

Temi states, "Bad computer. Letting muschlient at inopportune times."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair studies the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed states to a young light brown haired muscular woman, "Yes, you can kill mobs to improve your fighting skills."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair studies the Places Spec Updated.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Be careful about levelling on mobs though. Some of them are nuts."

Veiss Chnee looks at a book in her hands.

Takta states, "Scary animals IRL are tough opponents ICly."

Kinaed asks, "As for how long ranged combat and throwing will be... Az, any comments on how long we're looking at? A day? A week? A fortnight? A month? A quarter? "

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Most animal mobs are non-lethal I believe. It is those in Southside that you ned to be concerned about."

Takta states, "Boars, bobcats, wolves, wavirines, bison and bear are all varying degrees of dangerous."

Casimir Aldair claims, "Four score and seven years."

Casimir Aldair says to Takta, "I wrestled a bear once."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "So, what sort can I attack then and uh, have a chance at killing?"

An unremarkable woman says OOCly, "I would think that's something to find out ICly!"

Maxwell le Wattkil queries, "-A- bear, Casimir? Not three at once?"

Casimir Aldair states, "To be honest, if you're exclusively looking to up your combat skills, there are trainers at Park Street training hall, and other players who could teach you. Generally, you don't want to go off killing animals for the learning experience and leaving their bodies laying about all willy nilly. Consequences."

Kinaed says OOCly, "TI as a game is not killing centric, though. It's RP oriented, so you'll get better gains, etc, from interacting with people. You'll even learn combat faster from a teacher or equally as fast practicing sparring."

Casimir Aldair trails off, "Plus, that's like the main indicator of a psychopath..."

Casimir Aldair trails off, "So..."

Takta claims, "Yeah, if you do kill animals, you probably want a good IC reason for doing so."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "Ah, ok that's fine I like rp"

Casimir Aldair claims, "Me too. xD"

Kinaed smiles.

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "Wrestling bears is a man indicator of a russian. Or a vandagan. Same thing."

Kinaed states to a young light brown haired muscular woman, "We're happy to have you aboard, and looking forward to RPing with you."

Kinaed snickers.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Did Az manage to answer? Got mixed up in the convo."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think Az has gone silently AFK."

Kinaed questions, "Az, any comments on how long we're looking at? A day? A week? A fortnight? A month? A quarter? "

Veiss Chnee wrestles Kinaed.

Kinaed gently nudges Azarial.

An unremarkable woman viciously nudges Azarial.

Casimir Aldair sexs Azarial.

Kinaed states, "I'll see if I can get that answer back to you, Roderick, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably 2-3 months."

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "Okay, you wanted to discuss latent mage auto awakening."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "I believe he said he has an linoleum lizard to look for."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Could I make a suggestion also? I didn't remember earlier."

An unremarkable woman nods.

Kinaed says to Karrina ab Vazien, "Ahh, typically Az cryptic."

Kinaed declaims to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "Of course!"

Kinaed states, "That's what a large part of these chats are for, is to get player feedback and ideas."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "How difficult would it be to make it so we can -wear- multiple weapons? Like, say, if I'm a hunter/trapper and I wanna be able to wear my bow slung over my back and a dagger at the boot/hip."

Kinaed claims, "I think you can right now if the obj has a wear slot other than wield or hold assigned."

Kinaed claims, "It just won't work until it's in your hands."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair queries, "...you can assign weapons to other slots?"

Veiss Chnee stops using an elegantly worked steel warfan with painted Tubori panels.

Takta claims, "Weapons tend to only have wield assigned."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Yeah"

Takta asks, "It would indeed be nice to have multiple sheaths possible, though; it's come up before, I think?"

Kinaed claims, "We can, players would need staff assistance."

Kinaed ponders.

Azarial states, "Throwing as a test bed for some of the math, then ranged with the quiver functionality added to it."

Tomas claims, "I would love multiple sheaths. maybe a system where you could ready and unready a sheath for your default draw"

Kinaed says, "Let me think about how we can do that."

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "I'm excited for bows, actually."

Veiss Chnee trails off, "I want to wear my warfan as a headdress....."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair queries, "Maybe make a mobprog like the locksmith?"

Azarial states, "Not sure on a time; it depends on how much the screaming heathens let me work"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "A repurposing type or something"

An unremarkable woman claims, "There was a conversation on it over OOC to prompt this, but to quickly recap my understanding of it: Mages will auto-awaken after a certain amount of OOC time, without prompt. I'd like to see this get removed, that awakening only happen with a clear event to prompt it; OR, for those who want to be awakened randomly, a toggleable choice that those latents who would rather wait for their awakening.

An auto-awakening kind of derailed RP for my alt, as I wasn't really ready for it, didn't have any connections on what to do once I was a mage, and .. stuff."

Takta says to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "It wouldn't do quite what you wanted without some new sheath code."

Kinaed claims, "I think we already have sheaths? Might want to add a sheath for each slot for leatherworking."

Takta states to Kinaed, "It's about coded sheaths, though."

Azarial claims, "On the docket"

Kinaed trails off, "Then you can sheath a weapon anywhere. If we have decidicated sheath objs, then a 'draw <sheath> <obj>'..."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "I think we've discussed it before."

Takta nods.

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Is it on the bug board?"

Casimir Aldair states, "When you are auto-awakened, you have the choice to realize what it is, or to not, though. There's no rule saying your character would even know what was happening, or they'd exhibit signs of the Taint even after awakening."

Azarial says, "Might be"

Kinaed nods.

Takta says, "I like the idea of letting people choose against auto-awakening."

An unremarkable woman says, "But you don't. You start getting messages about magic happening around you. And I'm not really the sort to ignore messages like that."

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "I think what happened was unusual."

An unremarkable woman queries to Kinaed, "How so?"

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "Typically, auto awakening is proceeded with a bunch of messages about <symptoms not to be disclosed>."

Kinaed says, "I think your char got caught up in an Aurora that was poorly handled by staff."

Veiss Chnee has never had a mage that auto-awakened.

Takta wonders, "We ran the aurora recently?"

Veiss Chnee states, "They don't last that long"

Casimir Aldair claims, "There's only one message when auto-awakened (that I've received ever), and it's akin to noticing the moon(s) more - which I do when I have a bad migraine, honestly and the light hurts."

Azarial queries, "We've had a second aurora?"

Kinaed claims, "It takes awhile to auto awaken."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "About a month ago, maybe."

Takta claims, "I... totally missed it, wow."

An unremarkable woman states, ".. Oh. :/"

Kinaed claims, "Maybe a bit longer. We were way down in mage count."

Takta states, "But anyway, you can auto-awaken pretty reasonably early in RP and not when you necessarily want it, too."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's the problem - a lot of people missed it, and the people who got hit with it didn't have adequate messaging to explain why."

Takta states, "So it could be nice to let folks opt out of auto-awakening, either auroras or just time."

Kinaed states to Takta, "Has it happened to you? It should be 3 OOC months."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face states, "I would like it to be an opt-in/out, too."

Takta says to Kinaed, "That doesn't seem very long. *grin*"

Takta is slow.

Casimir Aldair says, "But again, your character need never know that they were awakened. Just because you were a mage, or awakened, the messages are vague enough to where you can RP ignorance."

An unremarkable woman claims, "I would hate to get auto-awakened, period, in all honesty."

Casimir Aldair says, "You were a latent**"

Temi says, "I'd probably rather it were longer and more dangerous."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face states, "I would personally much rather it happened through RP as well. Auto awakening wouldn't be much fun, imo."

Takta nods.

Maxwell le Wattkil queries, "You know what would be kinda cool?"

Temi states, "Something to be scared about."

Kinaed states, "TI isn't a consensual game though, some things will happen to people's characters without their permission."

Takta says, "I'd be sad to have it happen to my PC unless it was a very dramatic moment."

An unremarkable woman states, "It's like being robbed of a cool opportunity for nothing."

Takta states, "It wouldn't seem to further RP."

Kinaed claims, "It happens when we don't have enough mages in game and need more."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "Tbh, I feel that if you chose mage latency, you opped in."

An unremarkable woman says, "You can't chose anything other than latent."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "If you don't want it, you just shouldn't choose it."

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "That you're given 3 prompts to awaken when you're latent. The longer you ignore them, the more huge the actual awakening ends up being when you eventually do it, and if you ignore all 3 prompts to do it that it causes a random spontanous combustion."

Kinaed states to Maxwell le Wattkil, "That might be a good idea."

Casimir Aldair states, "I'd hate to have huge obvious prompts that I'm a latent mage."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Takta states, "It would be nice if you got more of a choice in the timing and happening."

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "We've discussed that prompts are hard to do before, but we can probably do it similar to pvents?"

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Yeah, so it"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "I sort've like latency being more iffy to the character rather than it being a battering ram like that."

Azarial states, "Possibly, yeah"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "It triggers paranoia due to the culture"

Temi says, "I think more of the objection to autoawakening isn't that you get awakened.. just that it isn't cool enough."

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I think it'd be wise to have stages of latency, however."

An unremarkable woman nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Takta claims, "Yeah. it's a real letdown, I've seen the messages."

Takta says, "And it's not even a letdown you can time to make it dramatic. *grin*"

Kinaed states, "We can tell people what stage they're in, have it show in their prompt, etc."

Azarial says, "I have some other strings somewhere; moight be from Q's time"

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "It would be like on a timer. Like the prompt would be, 'You feel a bit... Different, like you're trying to change. Should you focus on it? (Type AWAKEN to pass latency and become a full mage!) And you'd have an hour to do it."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "I think we're going to have to rework it a bit more than just strings."

Casimir Aldair claims, "But it's something you can outright ignore. It by no means takes the place of Hagrid coming to your shack and saying 'You're a Wizard, Harry'."

Azarial says, "Yeah. but they were flasshier."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Temi says, "Maybe go through stages and in the final stage you can choose when to awaken yourself with a chance of death to go with it and all that, so you can time it and all"

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face has a knife ready to shank Hagrid in the ribs.

An unremarkable woman claims, "But it does rob you of a future chance to be awakened from something more interesting."

Temi states, "And if you don't do that auto-awaken choice, you don't last."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, can give a chance of death in the prompt."

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "Chance of death?"

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Spontanious combustion."

Kinaed claims to a young light brown haired muscular woman, "Auto-awakening is dangerous."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "And being awakened by a mage is the safe alternative."

Kinaed nods at Karrina ab Vazien.

Takta claims, "I like that."

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "Imagine a bottle of soda that keeps getting shaken up."

Temi claims, "Something that's in the lore is that self-awakening is not safe, though that's not been code supported."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "Difference is if you're awakened by another mage there's a whole nother side effect there."

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Eventually, if you shake it enough, it'll explode."

Kinaed states, "I think there'd be no chance of death if it's taken on the first shot."

Casimir Aldair claims, "I suppose I'm the minority, than =P Personally, I had no problem with the auto-awaken, and playing ignorance to it, and I'm pretty sure I'll get all sorts of cool RP when I'm ready to go down that road. I would absolutely hate to have a character be forced to REALIZE they are a mage though. In a lot of cases, that would lead to pyre-assisted suicide, which may not be the best story arc for that character."

Kinaed says, "It's just 'you're going through this - your chances of death and discovery are increasing'."

Azarial claims, "It was removed due to player complaints, as i recall."

An unremarkable woman states, "Oh, another suggestion/possibility was noted: the ability for full mages to be able to detect latent mages. This could also be something enabled when the mage count population is low."

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Make it into a high-level Grey Magic spell"

Kinaed says, "I'm not inclined to allow full mages to detect latents"

Veiss Chnee claims, "I would love to auto-awaken, not know it, and then start 'sleeping' and actually be meditating, and have no clue what was going on and all"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "I don't like that."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "We already have the astral to do that."

Takta states, "I would like if you could choose to advertise your latency to full mages."

Takta states, "Latents can't go astral."

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "And by high level, I mean -grandmaster-."

Kinaed says, "TI survives on the premise that there is no test to determine if someone is a mage or latent or not."

[OOC] Lando: "Hi folks."

Veiss Chnee claims, "I want to more Void Messenger and a few others to Grey Spells, and replace a Few voidy spells with more void like spells"

An unremarkable woman says, "Or -- on the discussion of making the auto-awakening thing last longer -- maybe we could make certain stages of auto-awakening show it to other mages."

Kinaed says, "I can go for giving latents minor, pre-scripted focus effects."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair is idle.

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Because as it stands, you won't often need an element past the level of your final spell, unless you make more spells in the future, and that limit is usually 65 or something."

Kinaed nods at an unremarkable woman.

Kinaed states, "Final stages I'd be more comfortable with."

Azarial states, "Planning on it."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "...that's an idea I sort've like. If you're auto-awakening, it working like a meditate beacon in the astral."

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "Yes."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "MIght not even direct someone to you exactly, but the area you're at."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair is no longer idle.

Maxwell le Wattkil exclaims, "That sounds kind of awesome. So it's like, 'You feel a huge concussive blast of energy from <blank!>'"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, we have 15 minutes left, and another player has a topic..."

Veiss Chnee questions, "But how fast could you move to that poiont?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "Aka, drawing out a yer a wizard 'arry from mages who are interested in doing that"

An unremarkable woman says, "Another thing that was mentioned in the discussion earlier was making meditate a skill that wouldn't fail, or giving a few early ranks in it to awakened mages. That way you don't have to spam it senselessly to get it to work the first time."

An unremarkable woman nods at Kinaed.

Veiss Chnee questions, "The final stage of autoawakening?"

Kinaed questions to Casimir Aldair, "You wanted to discuss plots, mind bringing that up?"

Kinaed says to an unremarkable woman, "Yes, I'll discuss that with staff after. I don't really see the point of the curve."

Takta says, "I feel meditation as a skill is a biiiit pointless really, but."

Kinaed says, "It only bars low level users and becomes immaterial at higher levels."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Tbh, sort've feel meditation should be dropped entirely with magecraft used for a ritual to go into the astral."

Kinaed says OOCly, "And NOW my alarm clock saying it's time for the OOC Chat goes off."

An unremarkable woman giggles at Kinaed.

Kinaed asks, "Can we let Casimir speak about his query?"

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face claims to Kinaed, "Telling you, we're doing it an hour early."

Kinaed says to a Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face, "Mrr. I need breakfast."

An unremarkable woman states, "We aren't doing it early :o"

Casimir Aldair says, "So basically one huge downside I've found to plots is planning with other players. Plots, by their nature, are very inclusive - like the plague for example includes just about everyone. But sometimes somebody will do something to advance that plot, and not all those players who want to will be able to make it. It sucks more than missing an STP, because again - the plot system by its very nature seems to be, a lot of the time, a very large, almost whole player-base thing."

Temi says, "We can set the time to be 5 EST if that's what you think it is."

Temi grins at Kinaed.

Maxwell le Wattkil states, "Meditation makes sense. It determines as a skill how long you can remain in astral, and lets you do other neat stuff."

Casimir Aldair says, "It becomes very hard to advance a plot when both Temi, myself, three Knights, two Orderites, the Cardinal, and Dav Himself need to be online to do it."

Kinaed says, "The Plot Advance share section uses the same permissions as notes. If you want everyone to be involved, type 'share all'"

Kinaed claims, "Or 'share order'"

Temi claims, "I think Casimir is referring to our policy of encouraging people to actually roleplay things."

Casimir Aldair claims, "Yeah, roleplaying sucks, man."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "As a former plot staffer elsewhere: That's not something that can be fixed Cas. If everyone's involved then people just won't all be able to show up honestly."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, well, with regards to that - I don't want the plot system to overtake RP just because it can. The same way we don't RP through personal board messages."

Gerolf claims, "In all fairness the Cardinal is around most of the time :P"

Brynieve de Versin claims, "Well, that's an issue with anything and everything in this sort of game. Sometimes you just have to wing it as best you can with who you have to participate when whatever it is goes down."

Takta states to Casimir Aldair, "For some plots it will be more difficult than others, but you may have to just go ahead with - yeah."

Kinaed nods at Brynieve de Versin.

Azarial gets a free standing lifesized cardboard Sexy Ale.

Azarial puts a free standing lifesized cardboard Sexy Ale in a bag of dolls.

Azarial puts a bag of dolls in pico, a text editor.

A young light brown haired muscular woman says OOCly, "I wing rp with who ever I can find."

Kinaed claims, "If people complain they weren't involved, I'd remind them they weren't around/available and let it lie at that."

Kinaed nods at a young light brown haired muscular woman.

Kinaed says, "You can at least keep people who need to know informed with the Share section, though. It's pretty nicely versatile. You can even share to Tenebrae and whatnot."

Casimir Aldair claims, "I disagree. With the plot share/contributors type deal, you could have people state what they are doing in relation to the plot Advance, and staff give systematic responses once everyone has picked an action. It really would facilitate the plot (which are time sensitive things) moving forward. Otherwise, I feel like the better option would just to be tackle everything solo."

Kinaed says, "Not sure if you can share to people's aliases though."

Azarial states, "The dpwnside is the workload on the plot handlers"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair says, "Yeah... that's really a ton of work."

Casimir Aldair says, "Of course, I've suggested the forum RP idea... which I really, really like! But which has obtained little traction because of the whole 'No RP off the game thing'. =P"

Takta claims, "And it takes all the RP out of a lot of situations. It's better to have a real scene with two people than a plot advance with five."

Takta states, "You can't really RP in a plot advance, just summarize your actions."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair will note that the plot system got him into RP with someone he had never RP'd with before nor had real reason to.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair thumbs towards Casimir.

Temi grins.

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair states, "So, I'm happy with it."

Temi states, "Excellent. Then it's meeting our goals."

An unremarkable woman queries, "I'm not familiar with the plot commands, tbh, but is there a way to set a time/place for a big, plotty advancey RP with it? That could possibly help, to say something like 'I'm going to be doing X at Y time, anyone who wants in hop on then' .. maybe?"

Casimir Aldair claims to Azarial, "The plot handler already has to be there to say what happens, in some scenes - such as when people find NPC controlled characters involved with the plot. I don't see how the work load would anymore heavy."

Kinaed states to Casimir Aldair, "I don't think other people have the enthusiasm for forum-based RP that you do- I certainly don't. And plots aren't meant to replace RP, more document what happened and seek staff SUPPORT for what happened. Like, if you order guards to do a certain patrol, staff can manage people walking into the patrol."

Takta claims, "I don't mind forum-based RP, but this literally replaces RP with not-RP."

Takta says to an unremarkable woman, "People can totally General board note for that."

Temi says, "I'm willing to do some scenes as offline figurings but in general, no, I'm not going towards an avoiding RP option."

Takta declares, "We'd encourage it, in fact!"

An unremarkable woman claims, "I wouldn't be for forum RP in a place such as this, fwiw, and I've spent years and years doing forum RP."

Takta claims, "If you actually hold a plot-related event you get more rec and QP for your plot advance, by the guidelines inh elp plot."

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "Or just OOC Channel it if you want RP in the minute."

Kinaed states to an unremarkable woman, "I'd just avoid pre-scripting any outcomes."

Casimir Aldair claims to Kinaed, "Well, let me run down the current plot that's brought this up: The Southern Caravan attacks, where-in I announced I was going to do a scouting party down to the caravan and several people and their mothers wanted to come/be involved. We also would need Temi in that scene to describe what we'd see, if anything. Also, when we actually do find the mages - through a plot advance of searching with them - that'd be another scene like that."

Tomas wonders, "We get qp and rec for plot advances? I didn't get one for the betrothal contract advance?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair has one more question about the plot system when the current convo's done.

Kinaed states to Tomas, "You won't always get it."

Takta says to Casimir Aldair, "Ideally you would just do that scene when Temi's around and take whoever can be there - they need to understand if they can't be there they can't come. *grin*"

Temi says to Tomas, "I haven't processed it yet because I'm waiting for an IC event announcement like you promised me."

Kinaed states to Tomas, "It depends on how your plot advance rates with regards to the scoring criteria - and also, it only happens when the plot is processed."

Casimir Aldair claims to Takta, "To me, that makes the plot system have very few real differences from an STP system with a staff-given writing prompt."

Kinaed claims to Casimir Aldair, "I don't really see what you're getting at. You submit a plot like that, and yes, Temi or another staff member would RPA it for you. I don't think it'd be a good idea for it to all happen in plot advances."

Takta says to Casimir Aldair, "It just means plots can encompass events as well as off-screen RP, depending on what fits the plot or scene."

Tomas says to Temi, "Ahh. We are wanting to do an event to announce that stuff"

Takta says, "Plot is a great big system."

Temi states to Tomas, "I just want to make sure it doesn't get forgotten."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "It is a great way to get your rec level up along with QP."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair begins to count their money.

Casimir Aldair declaims, "Alrighty, that settles that, I suppose. Thanks!"

Kinaed says, "We have 5 more minutes for the OOC Chat."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair queries, "May I ask a quick plotty question?"

Kinaed says to Casimir Aldair, "Sorry we weren't more similar in thinking process."

Kinaed hugs Casimir Aldair.

Maxwell le Wattkil states, "I dunno if I've even ever been involved in a plot. Makes me super sad."

Temi claims, "Plots aren't a system to be RP. They're a system to add game-wide events that players can influence and track."
Kinaed pontificates to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "Of course!"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair questions, "If I have an idea for a major global plot, like.. a great flood level plot... how do I go about submitting it? Through the current plot thing with the advances and all or would I need to submit it to Temi/board?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm going to extend this OOC Chat a tad to cover off the Plot Discussion."

Kinaed claims, "But not terribly deeply."

Kinaed states to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "You'd fill in a "Plot Header"."

Kinaed claims to a tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair, "It'd go to staff for approval."

The Courier hands Gerolf some mail.

Kinaed says, "When the staff approve it, we'd select who is running it."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair claims, "Awesome. I've got one I'm cooking up with varying steps/transitions for a framework. Thank you."

Temi says, "I'd also suggest coming to the sub-meeting after OOC chat to discuss rougher ideas, rather than submitting a write-up"

Kinaed says, "We haven't decided if we'd make that a staffer, or if we'd push it back onto the players."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Which is where we're at now... previously, we were traning like 3 people out who weren't interested in staying."

• Information