Kinaed asks, "Okay, today's agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Topics
- Plot Discussion

Does anyone have anything they want to make sure we talk about today?"

Kinaed says, "I'll take the lingering silence as a no. :)"

Temi grins.

Azarial says, "I guess those beady glass eyes are too entrancing."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I will kick off staff updates. Last week, I'm pretty sure I did what I said I would, but I can't remember what that was."

Karrina ab Vazien clutches a misshapen demonic rat covered in flaming yarn strands tightly and eyes Azarial. "You gave him to us, and there are no take acks."

Kinaed claims, "This week, my aim is to coordinate the review of the changes on the change board, make sure they're tested and adequately help filed."

Kinaed claims, "Overall prioritization has been bugs & ranged combat, ranged combat is staying on the table with no distractions until it is completed, however. The bug blitz that Az was on should end today."

Kinaed has transferred Samantha ab Vortina. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a misshapen demonic rat covered in flaming yarn strands to Samantha ab Vortina.

Kinaed says, "That's it for me. Az, you're up."

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair cheers. "Ranged combat!"

Azarial says, "Yeah. it;s under four pages again. it's not as annoying. <_<"

Azarial states, "Otherwise, just bugs. some crash bugs. some not quite bugs."

Azarial states, "Poked throwing some; it needs finished to get rid of the compiler warnings. <_<"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Anything else?"

Azarial queries, "I made a rat?"

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed smiles.

Nedyra smirks.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Your turn. :)"

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Temi claims, "Lots of keeping plots running and handling those plot advances for people."

Temi states, "Hopefully you've been having fun with that."

Temi says, "In addition to that... I've been making a big push on jeweling."

Temi states, "I am almost done and plan to release it for public consumption... later today."

Kinaed states, "Oh, wow, awesome."

say that's awesome

Tomas states, "That's awesome"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Temi says, "Keep an eye out for some extra jeweling releated grab-bags to come out approximately Tuesday too, for a Christmas present from Temi."

Karrina ab Vazien claims to Tomas, "Glad I was able to make your crown when I could."

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair exclaims, "Woowoo!"

Zeita von Zarrova pontificates, "Exciting, thanks Temi!"

Temi claims, "And that's all from me."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "Gorgeous, Temi. Please let me know when it's open."

Kinaed queries to Nedyra, "I think that puts you next?"

Nedyra states, "It does. and I've been handling all kinds of things."

Nedyra claims, "Some testing for Az, largely. but also scraping the last of the lingering website issues off my plate."

Nedyra exclaims, "Relatedly, lots of good content from players this week. QP has been handed... but I'd like to give more!"

Nedyra states, "Woodworking is coming. I'm working on sorting out rank structure now."

Nedyra says, "Then all I've left to do is thread the existing recipes and create new ones."

Nedyra states, "That's a this week or next week project, largely. And that's all from me."

Kinaed muses to Nedyra, "That wrap you up?"

Nedyra states, "It does."

Kinaed states to Takta, "You're up :)"

Takta says, "Okay! Well, hi folks. I'm Takta, known to some of you as that, and others as Noah/Ariel. I am a former staffer come back on a trial basis - giving it a shot for a month or so before deciding if I want to commit."

Karrina ab Vazien pontificates to Takta, "We would love to have you back!!"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Would always be nice to have our takta back"

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair roots for Takta

Takta says, "My role here is a bit up in the air as of yet, but this week so far: I've re-added an old secret to the wilderness, handled typos/requests/recommendations, updated help news and tested changes, and written a revamp draft for all of the help religion files to incorporate the new Erra Pater."

Gerolf states, "But not being able to annoy Ariel would also be sad. It is a mixed blessing."

Takta says, "Thanks for the warm wishes. :D What I do over the next week is currently a pretty big ??, but will probably involve documentation one way or another."

Temi claims, "I'm sure Ariel would remain harassable."

Takta claims to Temi, "Just not as dangerous to harass, perhaps."

Takta pontificates, "That's about it for me!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Takta, "Welcome back. :)"

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair chuckles.

Takta says, "Thanks. :)"

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Ariel will always be dangerous to hassle, not matter the form"

A bony, red-haired girl is idle.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, where are we at. Staff Updates are complete, so now we're to player topics. I think before we jump in, especially since no one raised their hand with anything, Azarial and I need to sort something out. We're getting bugs on how NPCs versus PCs versus mobs are dying."

Kinaed says, "We need a final fixed decision on how that should work."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair puts a misshapen demonic rat covered in flaming yarn strands in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Kinaed states, "Right now, my thought is that it should work like this: incapacitate a PC or NPC in a fight, then you finish them. By NPC, we mean human mobs. For animals and non human mobs, if you get their HP below 0, auto kill without a finish - but it should leave blood and gore."

Samantha ab Vortina queries, "Isn't that how it's suppose to work anyway?"

Kinaed states, "That means that if you don't type finish, you won't kill a PC or NPC mob. They'll just lie there incapacitated."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair nods at Kinaed.

Takta wonders, "I like that with one question: what about demon-type mobs?"

Takta says, "Not quite animals, not quite people."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "That is what I was thinking about it. Plus incapacitate should end combat with finish being a separate command."

Kinaed asks of Takta, "What do you mean, demon-type mobs?"

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair claims, "Can I get a trans out? Gotta get ready for the Christmas play at Church."

Nedyra states to Karrina ab Vazien, "Incapacitating ends combat now."

Karrina ab Vazien nods at Nedyra.

Takta questions to Kinaed, "Demons in STs and the like, should they be auto-killed or require finish?"

Nedyra says to Karrina ab Vazien, "That won't change."

Takta could go either way on that, to be honest.

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "I would imagine they fall under the animal catagory"

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi says, "I don't think there's any reason to keep demons alive... unless someone has one."

A bony, red-haired girl is no longer idle.

Kinaed has lost link.
Kinaed has reconnected.

Kinaed says OOCly, "Heh, wonder what caused that."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Perhaps it can be a flag for STs? That way an ST can decide if the 'Demon' could stay around for another installment."

Kinaed states, "If we had no ability to vary it, I'd probably go with incap for everything, finish to kill, but hunters are complaining about having to finish mobs."

Azarial claims, "Tag the demon as human in the form flags if it needs to stay"

Takta says, "Prooobably demons are fine to just treat as animals. "

Takta nods at Azarial.

Samantha ab Vortina asks, "Really? They are complaining about one extra emote?"

Takta asks of Azarial, "It'll be based on form, not on race?"

Azarial says, "Race sets form; builder can override form"

Takta nods.

Takta states, "If it's form tha gets around any concern."

Kinaed says, "I think coding a flag for STs would be too much work for the benefit. We probably should just go with all combat ends on incap, and finish is required, and tough luck hunters, it's typing one command."

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair has lost link.
A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair has reconnected.

Azarial claims, "The human form is how it makes the right kind of corpse for the carrying it around messages."

Takta states, "I like the idea of making it function by form, but I don't think it's a big hardship on hunters to just have everything require finish, anyway."

Samantha ab Vortina raises hand "I do have a related question regarding the incapacitating though."

Karrina ab Vazien wonders, "So if it is human or human-based, then it will be incapacitated. Otherwise, death is assured?"

Kinaed states, "For simplicity's sake and because I'd much rather have Az spend 10 secs on this rather than 3 hours that could go to Ranged Combat, I'll go with everything requires finish. It's not a bug then."

Kinaed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "Nah, telling hunters to type finish. "

Kinaed questions to Samantha ab Vortina, "What's on your mind?"

Nedyra says, "Basicly, if you're gonna kill something, mean it."

Nedyra grins.

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair nods at Nedyra.

Takta claims, "Helps too if you accidentally kill a mob somehow."

Samantha ab Vortina questions, "Alright, with the option to incapacitate animal mobs now, if you should leave them alive... do their injuries stay intact or auto-heal after some time?"

Kinaed states, "That's another issue we have to resolve, but they should heal over time."

Samantha ab Vortina trails off, "Good to know... don't want alot of crippled animals roaming the wilderness"

Kinaed claims, "This convo was triggered by Az sending me a mail saying 'how should mobs heal' and my going back to this convo."

Takta claims, "But they also don't need to heal too fast - it's a toughie."

Kinaed nods.

Karrina ab Vazien muses, "Would there still be chance for PC-death if we go up against lethal mobs still?"

Kinaed says, "Yes, if it has a [L] in front of it, it's lethal."

Kinaed says, "Don't muck with it unless you're willing to risk your character."

Kinaed says, "For the most part, those mobs won't be aggressive."

Samantha ab Vortina throws little timmy at the lethal mob first...

Zeita von Zarrova muses, "Is there some protection around cyan flags and lethal mobs?"

Kinaed says, "No, but practically speaking staff have revived cyans for it before. I can easily add it to the newbie protection."

Kinaed muses, "Thanks for the suggestion. Anything else on that?"

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I'd like it if you could. Staff can't always be around."

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anything else anyone wants to discuss?"

Kinaed states, "Otherwise, we can move on to talk about plots this week, how things are going, etc."

Samantha ab Vortina strums fingers

say I got nothing

Tomas states, "I got nothing"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed queries to Temi, "What is the uptake like on the plot command? Still a small subset of the pbase, or getting more varied?"

A woman with sunkissed skin and inky black hair states, "I've still not managed to play with it yet"

Temi states, "Getting more varied, for sure."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, anyone who would rather avoid knowing too much about plots and doesn't want to be involved in selecting new plots, please let me know so I can trans you back?"

• Information