Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Kinaed claims, "Okay, it's time! Let's get this party started, folks."

Myrella pouts, "I don't think I didn't gets no money"

Kinaed says, "Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm terribly homesick."

You give Myrella 100 silver.

Karrina drops the disco ball and starts up the techno music.

Katarina comforts Kinaed.

Myrella grins sheepishly

Kinaed states, "Is there a person happy to be Scribe for some QP? Job description - log this meeting and put it up on the forums."

Lynse says OOCly, "I can."

Kinaed smiles at Katarina.

Kinaed declaims to Lynse, "Thank you!"

Kinaed questions, "Alright, today's agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Topics
- Plot Selection

Does anyone have anything they want to make sure we discuss this week?"

Terryn claims to Kinaed, "I've got a small thing I'd like to add when we get to player ideas/topics"

Kinaed nods at Terryn.

Kinaed asks of Terryn, "Adding a note to the agenda to tap you at that time. Anyone else?"

Ariel claims, "Hmm, not really, for once. *grin*"

Kinaed grins at Ariel.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll kick-off the staff updates."

Kinaed claims, "I haven't done much this last week. My hours are actually way down, and I'm sorry for that. The reason is that my contract at work has been extended, I've gotten a MASSIVE raise (thank you, boss) and I'm in the final steps of negotiating a major contract with a supplier to redo my company's digital strategy."

Azarial exclaims, "Awesome!"

Kinaed claims, "So, basically, I've been mostly outtie with the minor addition of haranguing Azarial to finish Plot Code."

Katarina declaims, "Yay, raise!"

Kinaed states, "On that note, my next goal is to actually write the Plot help file into something legible."

Kinaed nods at Katarina.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Terryn declares, "Yay!"

Kinaed says, "This coming week, I'm aiming to keep my mouth shut and let Azarial actually finish ranged combat."

Kinaed states, "That's it for me, Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "Finished the third round of plot mods, which were mostly output and workability changes."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "Tried to clear my board down below triple digits, but comcast was putzing around and I had to prep and handle two entire thanksgiving meals solo."

Azarial states, "So i'm sitting around 108, last i looked."

Azarial states, "I was poking throwing this morning, but I thiink it;s going to be a day off. <_<"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "I don't think we expect a lot over Thanksgiving."

Azarial states, "If it was relevant, it should eventually end up on the news post."

Azarial nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Actually, I've been surprised at how nice our activity has actually been over Thanksgiving."

Azarial claims, "Yeah. we briefly moved up two places on tmc, too."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that wraps up staff updates, given so many of the staff are gone this week."

Kinaed nods at Katarina.

Kinaed claims, "... I'm nodding to Az, keep targetting Katarina. Apologies."

Azarial says, "Ned's been fixing the website; he;s pretty sure he;s nailed why google was complaining about being hacked."

Katarina chuckles.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "Anything serious?"

Azarial states, "Xinoe has been working over helpfiles, and temi is, as of late, working on jeweling."

Azarial says, "And entire delete and reinstall of wordpress to get rid of several 64 bit encrypted blocks that should not have been there, amoung others"

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "That wouldn't affect people's blogs, I hope?"

Azarial says, "Does not appear to."

Kinaed nods.

Terryn voted real quick.

Kinaed claims to Terryn, "Thank you :)"

Azarial states, "Remember; voting is a daily thing"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, may I ask - how many people have used the Plot commands? How does the system feel so far?"

Myrella says, "I just found out about them, but it seems pretty interesting (at least what I've learned from the help file)."

Terryn states to Kinaed, "I tried for the first time last night, it was really confusing."

Kinaed nods at Myrella.

Karrina says, "When I was using it last night, it felt a little clunky."

Casimir queries, "Is there a way to see more information about this "What's On" business?"

Lynse says OOCly, "I looked at them but couldn't decipher them either."

Kinaed queries to Terryn, "I'm sorry to hear that - what would have made it better (besides a decent help file, which is on my list?)"

Tomas says, "I was really confused by it, to be honest. I couldn't figure out how to use it properly"

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Kinaed states to Casimir, "Type 'plot header list' then 'plot header review #' to read more detail."

Millicent claims, "I've done about 5-6 plots now, loving it to pieces."

Alkari says, "I tested it and it was alright then but haven't used it in active RP yet."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll update the help files, and maybe ensure there's a linear tutorial in there."

Ariel claims, "I just submitted my first advance today, but what I find frustrates me is not knowing what other folks are doing."

Ariel states, "People are usually pretty good about mailing me ICly but I find myself wondering if stuff I should know about is falling through the cracks."

Karrina states to Ariel, "That is what the 'share to' part is for."

Kinaed states, "We have had the suggestion to add a 'secret' or 'private' section where the player can share a plot to people, but keep certain things like "I was using Auspex in that meeting, btw" between them and staff."

Casimir states, "I have no idea what the Levusto Straits are. >.<"

Ariel trails off to Karrina, "Right, but if somebody doesn't share it to the right people..."

Kinaed states to Ariel, "If other people are doing something you should know about, they should put you down as a 'share'."

Millicent claims to Casimir, "The area down southeast of vavard that leads to daravi."

Casimir declares, "Thank you!"

Karrina queries to Kinaed, "Perhaps a way to forward a plot to other people?"

Kinaed says to Ariel, "I think their leaving you out is no worse or different than their forgetting to mail you, honestly. We can't fix that, but we have made provision for people to keep other people up to date where appropriate."

Millicent says, "Or just able to change who can read it on the fly."

Sikod grumbles and apparently has to reboot

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll consider how we can do that - if a person who has been shared a plot can forward it."

Millicent claims, "A plot edit command for submitted plots would be very welcome."

Casimir asks of Kinaed, "I was just going to make that comparison. Can you really fix that fault in a player-run system, though?"

Karrina nods at Millicent.

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure how easy or hard that will be."

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Casimir says, "I mean, subjectively, somebody might think different things should be shared to the Regent than another person."

Karrina asks, "Perhaps being able to edit the advancement up until staff reviews?"

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "It can be harder, but it doesn't mean it's not sometimes worthwhile."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I'll note those things. Anything else come to mind?"

Ariel claims, "Sorry, I'm not entirely here - but I do think some way to make them more public when they should be public is ideal."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have any general policy or other questions about the system?"

Casimir queries to Ariel, "But when should they be public?"

Ariel asks, "When I said me I didn't mean me just as the Regent - but as a player I wonder "Will I be stepping on toes?""

Kinaed states to Ariel, "We can attach an IC_Event auto-post section if someone wants to do that."

Millicent states to Kinaed, "That would be good, as an optional field."

Ariel says to Casimir, "That's a question worth asking, but I'd say they should usually be public unless actively hidden, to give people a sense of things moving and to let them know what's been done already to get involved with."

Ariel says to Kinaed, "I like that very much."

Karrina says, "That would be a good solution. This way people can affect your part of the plot if they wish."

Casimir states to Ariel, "Somebody could make an argument that nearly everything should be public to the Brotherhood or Troubs."

Millicent claims, "I disagree about them being visible by default."

Kinaed states to Ariel, "Well, to a degree, you don't know what everyone else is RPing, so theoretically most interactions you have, you can accidentally step on toes... with plots though, staff process them in order received, and if something is weird, I'm sure Temi would say something."

Ariel says, "The auto-post is fine compared to visible by default."

Ariel claims, "So long as there's a good mechanic to get it out there unless you choose to conceal it, without sharing it to -everybody-. *grin*"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I've got some notes about things to add. :)"

Kinaed states, "Thanks for the feedback, folks."

Casimir says, "I think it's very much like demon STPs - nobody really knows what to do, and things that were established last STP probably aren't going to be continued in the next. So it just ruins continuity - which we haven't really ever needed."

Millicent claims, "You choose who sees it already when you write it."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, that moves us on to Player Topics!"

Kinaed questions to Terryn, "You had something you wanted to discuss?"

Terryn nods to Kinaed, " Yeah, like I said it's a small thing. When you clean a fish, it's instant, doesn't give a bump to anything, so I was wondering if it could be fixed to have butcher work on cleaning fish. After all that's what we are essentially doing, butchering a fish."

Kinaed nods thoughtfully, "I don't see an issue with that personally."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else have anything they want to talk about?"

Kinaed questions, "How has RP been this week?"

Alkari exclaims, "Awesome!"

Kinaed says to Alkari, "I'm glad to hear that."

Millicent claims, "Entirely no rp on one character- some fun stuff going on with this one, even if somewhat sporadic."

Lynse claims, "Sporadic, here, but good."

Karrina claims, "Same."

Myrella says, "I'm still getting the hang of it."

Kinaed claims to Millicent, "That's because you've taken the character out of Lithmore; contact me when you want to bring them back."

Ariel states, "Some interesting stuff, for sure. :)"

Millicent says to Kinaed, "The folks I'd arranged to have come play with me got busy, so... yeah. I'll come back today if nobody turns up in the next hour or two."

Ariel says, "Enjoying meeting our newer folks."

Kinaed questions to Myrella, "What is that experience like? It's been so long since we were new players; is there anything we should be doing to improve the new player experience?"

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Myrella states, "I like the seek code and I got to complete a pvent which was kinda neat."

Kinaed says to Ariel, "I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about your supporting new players into the game. I saw you set up a background connection with one and have been told that you've been very supportive with answering questions in tells. Thank you."

Kinaed says to Myrella, "Nicely done. :) The pvent system is somewhat new; we installed it perhaps two months ago now? Maybe three. The initial run didn't go very well, so we had to rewrite the pvents to be more... I guess open, is the right word."

Lynse says to Kinaed, "To pipe up from my end.. I think keeping a look on helpfiles and ways to write them easier/more clearly, that sort of stuff. There's lots of unique commands, here, and unique systems. There's been helpfiles I've opened and just not known what I'm supposed to be doing."

Ariel says, ":D"

Ariel states, "(Hear that, come bother me, new people)"

Kinaed nods at Lynse.

Kinaed says to Lynse, "If you're happy to typo those, with just something like 'I couldn't make heads or tails of the plot help file, can this be looked at'... I'd personally be grateful."

Kinaed claims to Lynse, "One of the problems is that we have so many help files that, without some targetted approach, it's hard as heck to fix things."

Kinaed states to Lynse, "Can you recall any help files that were next to useless at the moment? If so, I'll jot them down for a review."

Lynse says to Kinaed, "Or, maybe, miniture helpfiles that give the basics of starting something. The helpfiles are in-depth and technical, and that's good, but ... something like 'help mail getting started' that is referrenced in the main helpfile. Or 'help combat basics', things like that."

Kinaed nods at Lynse.

Azarial claims, "We have over 2000 helpfiles; targetting specific ones is a bit more effecient"

Kinaed claims, "We have some FAQ help files, but maybe we should make a 'tutorial' section with actual examples of how to use commands."

Lynse nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Lynse, "Thank you for the feedback."

Ariel says, "Working on a revised combat guide for the webpage, btw."

Vesper offers, "Maybe breaking them up into more digestible chunks? They scroll for several pages, someof them. Or a tutorial area? Where you get to actually use the commands with mobs?"

Kinaed states to Ariel, "Thank you."

Kinaed nods at Vesper.

Lynse claims to Vesper, "That's what I would like to see, myself. A place where I'm guided through things like slotting skills, or attacking something, etc."

Kinaed says, "I'll have to think on it to figure out how to best approach that."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "Okay, we can definitely extend the new player zone with some tutorial zones."

Vesper points at Lynse. "Yep. That."

Casimir states to Kinaed, "Hopefully optional tutorial zones."

Casimir winks.

Azarial states, "I imagine they;d be set like the rest of the zone with gates to enter the game at any time"

Kinaed claims, "I think blocking skills is something that needs to be in there because we have a reoccuring issue with new players having no idea what is going on with their XP disappearing down a black hole... for speaking Lithmorran."

Lynse says, "I absolutely agree."

Azarial wonders, "Ir autoblock lithmorran from the start?"

Kinaed says to Casimir, "Were you aware that the whole new player zone is optional? You can type 'enter game' from any room in the zone. That said, yes, I'll make sure they're optional."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "I've considered that."

Kinaed claims, "In fact, let's do that as a short term remedy. I can use the 'blocked' default skill as an example in the tutorial to draw attention to it."

Millicent queries, "Tangent: could skill block be set to a number, ie, it doesn't start blocking until it reaches your target number?"

Kinaed says to Millicent, "I hadn't considered that, but I don't see why not."

Azarial claims, "Possibly"

Azarial has to look at the data objects and such.

Lynse states, "Why does Lithmorran not start at max for everyone? Or, why is that not an option? It was frustrating for me when creating to have to invest so much starting XP into the language that 99.9% of people know."

Kinaed states to Millicent, "It might take some time before it became enough of a code priority to get done, with ranged combat and throwing up there, places code, and roles code."

Karrina wonders, "Wouldn't that be the same as putting it in one of the lists?"

Millicent says to Lynse, "Most people have it at 61 and no higher."

Alkari claims, "I have to agree with her."

Kinaed states to Lynse, "Everyone starts with Lithmorran, but the foreigners don't start with it mastered because there's a good chance it wouldn't be mastered. They get their own language automatically mastered."

Alkari claims, "One person actually told me it's a reason they usually play Lithmorrans."

Kinaed claims, "They also get the language free."

Kinaed nods at Alkari.

Alkari states, "I think the issue is it's a /hefty/ amount of XP."

Karrina claims, "Though a good use of the higher skill levels is to be able to say one long sentence as a word."

Alkari claims, "To get it at CG."

Terryn says, "Lithmorran can be purchased up to master in chargen"

Lynse claims, "It was like half my starting XP to get it at 61, was the frustration, yeah."

Kinaed says, "Hefty? I'd think it was a few thousand, but people start with 50k on login."

Alkari says, "It's about 10,000+ I think."

Azarial says, "If you purchase down your racial the same amount, it should blance the costs."

Kinaed says, "Okay, let me take that back and have a think about it and discussion with other staff."

Myrella asks, "I set mine to 61 in chargen because I didn't want to worry about it too much and it made sense ICly for my char, but I did notice it's starting to creep up. Is there any advantage to haveing >61 in lithmorran?"

Kinaed nods at Katarina.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Alkari says, "I was told that purchasing racial down is a bad idea."

Katarina grins.

Casimir claims, "It's a hefty chunk that people playing Vavardi mercs who have lived in Lithmore most of their life probably don't want to invest in."

Casimir states, "But, the same could be said for a lot of concepts and their skill.s"

Kinaed wonders to Alkari, "Depends on your background - if it'd make sense not to. But I don't really get why it'd be bad?"

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Alkari says to Kinaed, "Because someone said it'd be suspicious to not have mastered your racial."

Terryn wonders, "Isn't the language skill charged anyhow? You start with x amount of xp, and the game automatically charges your racial language to 61? or did I misunderstand that?"

Kinaed says to Alkari, "Someone sounds like they're seriously putting their own interpretation onto that, imho."

Alkari says, "Racial language is auto to 61."

Kinaed says to Terryn, "You've got it right; that's what happens."

Azarial claims, "You can have someone born and raised in lithmore city that ha no clue their duchy's nativetongue."

Alkari says to Kinaed, "I am going by what was told to me on visnet."

Terryn says, "So the skills aren't free, your still being charged, you just don't see the charge."

Kinaed claims to Alkari, "That's a shame; I don't think it's suspicious at all."

Kinaed nods at Terryn.

Casimir says to Alkari, "I don't know how that could be suspicious."

Alkari claims, "Then I likely would've bought his language down."

Casimir claims, "And I've a practiced habit of thinking a lot of things are suspicious."

Kinaed says, "If you start off as a foreigner, you'll already have Lith at around 36 and your native tongue at 61, and less XP to spend."

Alkari says, "Just for sake of he was raised to travel to Lithmore when he was of age."

Vesper laughs as she discovers the 'account' command. "Holy shite. I have a ton of free XP. I spent NONE of it in chargen. So I'm guessing the skills I wanted to enter the game with are zero."

Alkari claims, "You can ask and go back to CG."

Alkari states, "As a cyan."

Kinaed states to Vesper, "You can go back to chargen whenever you like, provided you remain cyan on the wholist. That's about 50 hours of RP in."

Kinaed nods at Alkari.

Vesper just got here, so yep. Totally cyan.

Kinaed says, "It gives you time to mess around, figure out what you like, what you don't, what works the way you expected, what doesn't, etc."

Kinaed comforts Lynse.

Vesper doesn't even know what room that was supposed to be done in.

Kinaed states to Lynse, "We were just discussing that new players can go back to chargen when Cyan whenever they like, which gives you time to test things out a bit, then fine tune your character."

Lynse claims, "Anything from .. Kinaed says to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Someone sounds like they're seriously putting their own interpretation onto that, imho." .. isn't logged by moi."

Kinaed states to Lynse, "I'll pboard you that section of the log."

Lynse nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, it's 8:40, and I'm thinking we may want to get on to this week's Plot Selection?"

Kinaed states, "This is the first time we've done it, folks, so please bear with me."

Kinaed claims, "Everyone, type 'city report' please."

Azarial claims to Vesper, "Any room in chargen for purchasing skills"

Kinaed states to Azarial, "There is, yes."

Casimir muses, "So... if we have pathetic corruption, does that mean we have none?"

Casimir muses, "Or the reverse?"

Karrina claims, "Reverse I would think."

Kinaed states, "The goal of this is for us to look at the City Report, and focus on the lowest ranking areas for potential plots. Right now, we have Corruption, Safety and Race Relations at the lowest."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Ariel trails off, "I feel like we've barely made much headway on our -current- plots and need a bit more time. *grin* But..."

Kinaed claims, "I'd like to take player suggestions to spawn a Header Plot this week."

Ariel states, "Corruption seems reasonable, being so low/high"

Kinaed states to Ariel, "Well, perhaps that could be the stance."

Kinaed muses, "Do we generally have the view that we want to wrap up previous plots before selecting new ones?"

Karrina claims, "I know I've only just put in my advancements last night about the current plots."

Terryn claims, "I'm for finishing old before starting new."

Millicent is back.

Tomas says, "Yeah finish the old before the new."

Casimir claims, "I'd like to push forward a scantily clad Vavardi month-long masquerade to improve race relations."

Millicent states, "I'd like to get new ones started."

Kinaed says, "I'm just sort of thinking that perhaps no one wants to participate in the current plots because of the number of responses we have."

Millicent , has been dealing with the old one for a week now.

Casimir hasn't been here. Don't count him.

Terryn claims, "It's new, so people are getting used to it, better to show what a finished one looks like vs. overwhelming them with more stuff."

Kinaed states, "In that instance, I'd like to look for things other people might want to, or can interact with. Perhaps the current plots are above people's social class, etc."

Karrina states, "Or with like one of the current plots finishing before putting up another. We can discuss a queue for the plots."

Myrella claims, "I think it might be best if there are plots half done when others are starting, so there's always at least one getting started someone could try to jump in to "

Lynse states, "I haven't been able to decipher the plot commands, else I might have tried to put in something."

Kinaed nods at Lynse.

Casimir queries, "Honestly, can you ever have too many plots?"

Casimir says, "Seriously."

Karrina claims to Casimir, "Yes."

Ariel states, "Yeah: yes."

Ariel says, "But I think we could use one more accessible to 'common' folk."

Kinaed states, "I sort of wonder if people are going to feel like they have to respond to -everything-"

Karrina claims, "Especially if there are only a few of the same people participating in them."

Ariel states, "I like the plots-in-different-stages thought."

Terryn claims to Kinaed, "If they do, that's on them. I reviewed the 3 last night, and responded to the one I felt was most likely to be in Terryn's realm."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well - for this week, I'll put off a plot selection. I'd be happiest when Temi is participating anyway, since she's processing all of the plots."

Millicent says, "It would help (and this returns to earlier discussion) to feel like there was progress on them as a result of interaction with them (or the lack of it)"

Casimir claims, "You both are GLs with your hands in everything though; and you definitely don't have to participate in every one. Personally, I think having a dozen, spread out over different classes, philosophies, guilds, etc would be ideal - all in various stages."

Kinaed nods at Terryn.

Karrina says, "Well let's see...Health is current at challenged, plus we have Jahaezick's plot for that."

Ariel trails off, "I wanted to ask about Jahaezick's..."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Kinaed states to Ariel, "Yes?"

Ariel states, "Is that the kind of stuff plot is meant for? It doesn't seem to have anything really for other people to do... like, it's a solution, not a problem, so to speak."

Kinaed trails off, "I haven't had a read of it..."

Millicent says to Casimir, "I agree, a lot aimed at different levels would be good."

Ariel states, "Not to criticize him, this system's new, but I wonder about some guidelines to make sure header plots really present a problem for folks to solve."

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Myrella says, "It might be interesting if there wer plots on the other side of the spectrum too. Economics is at legendary. There could be some lucrative investment plot for instance"

Kinaed says, "I'll take that feedback on board and discuss it with Temi."

Vesper wanted to know about that, too. "It sounds more like rumor information than a plot."

Karrina states, "It may just have been a bad command input."

Terryn says to Ariel, "I didn't have a problem with it, I saw it as an oppurtunity for others to back it or offer something to counter."

Kinaed states, "Yes, we did have the problem that the plot was automatically approved (bug). That bug is resolved now."

Kinaed claims, "Staff can now review plots players put up and feedback/resolve issues like that before approving them."

Ariel states to Terryn, "It feels awkward to me, personally, but that could just be me."

Ariel says, "It reads like an advance, not a header."

Karrina states to Ariel, "It is not just you."

Kinaed nods.

Terryn claims to Ariel, "Everything is awkward to you :P"

Kinaed says, "I'll review that, and perhaps take it down and replace it with something. I think it's a good point that a plot should have a problem to solve."

Millicent says to Terryn, "Especially that night in Vavard."

Karrina claims, "My book wasn't awkward to him."

Terryn says to Millicent, "Nothing awkward about that night."

Karrina starts daydreaming of being the gooey center of a Ariel and Terryn naked sandwich...

Kinaed trails off, "Oo lala. But seriously..."

Kinaed says, "We have about 10 minutes until this meeting is over. Anyone want to discuss anything else? Thank you very much, everyone, for the feedback on plots. I'm looking forward to refining the system."

Millicent trails off to Karrina, "Your think command is leaking..."

Azarial grins.

Kinaed claims, "I think it has great potential for the game, provided it's executed well."

Azarial says, "That could be a topical bodice ripper snippet."

Casimir asks, "Could I get a trans out, please?"

Kinaed nods at Casimir.

Kinaed puts Casimir back where she found him.

Karrina queries to Azarial, "Like your code tutorial last night?"

Azarial mulls over how that would play out, and in how much detail.

Azarial grins.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Btw, someone suggested a 'retrans all' command to end these meetings."

Azarial states, "Maybe a bit longer."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "I like that."

Azarial wonders, "Bug note it?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Alkari says, "Uh."

Alkari claims, "That was weird."

Millicent suggested it, so is happy to bug it?

Kinaed states, "Will do; I have a few things to write up from this meeting actually."

Karrina states, "Whoinvis should not show up on where."

Kinaed nods at Millicent.

Azarial muses, "...should xinoe's snippets be current with pcs?"

Kinaed wonders to Karrina, "Why not?"

Terryn states, "One thing I'd like to bring up is responses to mail and messengers, on an ooc level. Alot of times(especially with messengers) the sender is waiting on a response. And alot of times, people don't respond at all. I think it would be nice if people would do so, that way the person waiting on rp knows that they won't be getting it if that's the case, or knows if they should still wait around."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Probably not, at least not without their permission."

Lynse has lost link.

Lynse has reconnected.

Azarial says, "Ahh well."

Kinaed comforts Lynse.

Lynse says, "Sorry, internet has not been behaving at all lately."

Kinaed nods at Lynse.

Kinaed states, "Anyway, I agree with Terryn - please either reject the messenger or respond to it."

Kinaed muses, "I wonder if we ought to auto-reject messengers going to someone who is listed as AFK?"

Kinaed states, "I suspect some of the problem is messengers going to AFK folk who don't respond for a long period because they're not even there."

Azarial says, "I guess if someone wants a bodice ripper, mail me a brief overview of the character."

Azarial states, "...and if they want it on xinoe's list? they;d be snippets, not entire novelas."

Kinaed laughs, "New promotion - send Azarial the details of your character if you would like to feature as a cameo in a thematic bodice ripper?"

Terryn states to Kinaed, "That's not the problem, it's when I see it's been accepted, and then no response, I usually wait for about 30 minutes to get the response, but it doesn't happen, so that's 30 minutes I could have been rping."

Kinaed nods at Terryn.

Karrina states to Terryn, "That may just someone not extending the courtesy of a response either Icly or OOCly."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll leave that as a human appeal to courtesy - folks, if you accept a messenger, particularly one asking you to RP, and don't intend to do it, please let the person know. Or let them know if you do, especially if you're currently in RP, so they know it can be awhile."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Kinaed says, "The consequences of not letting someone know is that they may be sitting there waiting for you, and they're probably getting annoyed, when all it'd take to let them down easy is a 'sorry, busy' or 'okay, in a half hour or so'."

Millicent muses, "Any chance of a message reply command to send a quick (and cheap) response to the person that messaged you last?"

Kinaed says, "And there's nothing wrong with followign that up with a tell."

Kinaed says to Millicent, "We already have 'message quick'"

Millicent claims, "My freeman aint sending messages at 5s a pop."

Millicent says, "The focus was on the cheap. :)"

Kinaed states to Millicent, "I'm not for making it cheaper."

Kinaed says, "Egads, it's not THAT expensive."

Kinaed claims, "Messengers don't work for free, mate."

Kinaed exclaims, "They're people too!"

Millicent claims, "It can really stack up."

Kinaed whispers to Azarial, "NPCs are people too, right?"

Katarina grins.

Millicent begins to count their money.

Lynse asks, "Can I pipe up my support of a single-use 'Message Reply'? It'd make sense for the messenger sent to find someone return to inform the sender that the message was delivered (if that's the choice). 2s for 'Return to them and tell them <blah>'?"

Kinaed claims to Millicent, "Messengers aren't intended to be an IC substitute for tells."

Katarina says, "It can stack up but that's when you should stop n meet. lol"

Kinaed nods at Katarina.

Vesper says OOCly, "These messages -- are they IC or OOC? I'm confused by some of what I'm hearing, 'asking someone for RP' and 'maybe in a while' stuff."

Terryn states, "I'm just talking about a response to the sender as a courtesy. A tell saying, hey I can't atm is totally cool. Most people do that, but alot of times people won't do that, they'll just ignore it."

Kinaed says OOCly, "Messengers are IC."

Myrella wonders, "Perhaps, since the messenger is going to return to the orignator anyway telling them if their message was received or not, the reply could be done at half cost?"

Kinaed says OOCly, "The implication of receiving one when someone's like "Please meet me in the Church Square, I have something for you." is that you're OOCly asking for RP with a messenger"

Vesper claims to Kinaed, "Gotcha."

Millicent says to Myrella, "That is kind of the angle I was aiming at."

Kinaed nods at Vesper.

Kinaed states, "Okay, okay. I'll write that up."

Vesper questions, "Stupid newbie question -- is it permissible to arrange to meet for RP, OOCly? Like through tells or on a channel?"

Kinaed nods at Vesper.

Kinaed says, "It is."

Katarina claims, "Ready for a trans whenever.. gotta go feed the puppies and pop wood in the stove."

Kinaed says, "The exception is when you're in trouble and you call your badass friend into RP to save you."

Terryn pontificates to Katarina, "DON'T MIX THOSE UP!"

Kinaed says, "But casually arranging RP is highly regarded. Just don't arrange the outcome of RP - like colluding to make a specific plot happen."

Millicent says, "I'm personally okay with arranging -to- rp, but not pre ordaining the content of said rp."

Kinaed claims, "It's fine to ask on visnet or the OOC channel if anyone's free."

Kinaed puts Katarina back where she found her.

Millicent says, "Or send a tell."

Myrella opens themselves up for arranged rp ;)

Ariel claims, "Happy to RP with a tell so long as I'm around, even if I don't know you."

Kinaed states, "Also, the where command is an invitation."

Vesper nods.

Kinaed claims, "If someone's visible on where, they're inviting people to play, just make up whatever excuse you need to for the reason your character might be somewhere weird and go for it."

Kinaed states, "Okay, we're over time."

Kinaed claims, "Once again, thank you everyone for attending this week's OOC Chat."

Alkari pontificates, "Yay!"

Kinaed states, "May your next week be full of exciting RP, and we'll get to work actioning our action items."

Kinaed waves.

Myrella says, "I'll remember that next time I see 'oppulant bedchamber' on where"

Kinaed grins at Myrella.

Kinaed nods at Myrella.

Alkari states, "Just... Breaking in."

Kinaed pontificates to Alkari, "It might work!"

Ariel laughs.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Submitted for Lynse due to a bad internet connection.

• Information