Log of OOC Meeting 11/15/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Kinaed says, "Okay, it is time."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone interested in volunteering to be our Scribe and put a log of this up on the Forums?"

Noah states, "I can if nobody's interested."

Kinaed claims to Noah, "I'd appreciate it."

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Noah claims, "Okay! Log on."

Kinaed wonders, "Today's OOC Chat Agenda:
- Staff Updates
- Player/Staff Discussion
+ City Report
+ Plot Command Testing
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda to ensure we discuss it?"

Kinaed has transferred Corlan dul Nulaam. [OOC]

Noah states, "Wanted to talk quickly about lethal mobs and maaaaybe healing/wounds if there's time."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Kinaed says to Noah, "Should be fine, jotting those down."

Sikod Mehtap wants to talka little about armor and MV costs, too.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "I had something... hopefully it will come back to me."

Kinaed says to Zeita von Zarrova, "No worries, just chime up if/when you remember."

Veiss Chnee claims, "I had a random thought, just to see, but I will throw it out there later :S"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I had a simple question."

Kinaed says, "Okay, to kick off staff updates:

I don't really remember what I did this week, but I helped hash out the changes to keys in accordance to what we agreed in the previous OOC Chat, approved a story by Honor, approved some recommendations - generally mostly day to day stuff, though I did ask Az to focus on ranged combat once Plot stuff is out of the way, then after Ranged combat, we're going back to magic."

Kinaed wonders to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Do you want to ask it now?"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Just if eyepatches effect things codly."

Veiss Chnee squeels a little at ranged combat and magic. And plot things too.

Kinaed says to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Not that I know of."

A male with silky midnight black hair nods!

A male with silky midnight black hair adjusts a black leather eypatch latched with a small leather string, argh.

Kinaed states, "By way of an announcement, here's a reminder - Temi is running a plot a bit later today."

Noah muses, "Ooh. Any preview of the magic stuff?"

Kinaed states, "Hopefully everyone will enjoy it."

Noah declaims, "(Yay Temi story!)"

Kinaed says to Noah, "Concentrating on buffing the air element up first."

Azarial says, "Most of the magic is the backoog that keeps getting kicked to the curb."

Kinaed states, "Mostly spell additions."

Noah says, "Oh, nice."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's my update. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "Well, I busted out the entire second polca for plots yseterday, along with several crash bugs in the lsat week and asorted small other tweaks to advance different projects. temi is going to field test plots today, I believe, then we'll release it into the wild."

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "That wrap you up?"

Azarial claims, "I think so, yeah."

Sikod Mehtap has lost link.

Kinaed asks, "No other staff are here today. Do you guys have any questions about our updates before we move on to Staff/Player Discussions?"

Sikod Mehtap has reconnected.
Sikod Mehtap says, "Oh god what did I miss"

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Roast a Charali Day... count yourself lucky."

Kinaed claims to Sikod Mehtap, "Just Az and I saying what we did; not sure how long you were out. Not much, I think :)"

Noah says, "Hmm, not really, though I'm hoping when plots comes in we'll get a lot of guidance on what to use it for."

Azarial says, "Temi was here; i guess the cat draagged her off and buried her in the litter box."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Noah claims, "I'm not 100% sure what kind of things I should submit via plots versus request board, for example."

Kinaed says, "We'll get to that more thoroughly."

Kinaed says, "Okay, ne"

Kinaed states, "Okay, player staff discussion: City Report."

Kinaed states, "Everyone, please type City Report."

Azarial claims, "I believe temi has been pushing forward on jeweling, and ned has been flogging woodworking again."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

city report
INTERNAL REPORT

Safety : Ordinary
Morale : Ordinary
Religion : Ordinary
Economics : Ordinary
Defense : Ordinary
Corruption : Ordinary
Health : Ordinary
Infrastructure : Ordinary
Education : Ordinary
Food : Ordinary
Class Relations : Ordinary
Race Relations : Ordinary

FOREIGN RELATIONS

Farin : Ordinary
Tubor : Ordinary
Vandago : Ordinary
Vavard : Ordinary
Daravi : Pathetic

Noah states, "Ooh, I forgot about this system."

Kinaed states, "This is our city report. Underneath the figures that you is a % value from 0 to 100."

Azarial questions, "That was last week's work, I think?"

Kinaed wonders, "Right now, everything is listed as Ordinary, but I think we should start off with a bit better than that. Staff can just out and out set the values... so would you guys like to tell us where we ought to start it?"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I like City Report."

Samantha ab Vortina arches brow "When you say start it... can you explain?"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Safety really isn't that great in Lithmore though. Like, ever."

Kinaed states to a male with silky midnight black hair, "It's a new command, I wasn't planning on documenting it in help files until it's set up. I'd appreciate player help setting it up now."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "I think our economy is working pretty well. Corruption is pretty bad."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so let's see."

Kinaed has transferred Maxwell Wattkil. [OOC]

Noah claims, "I immediately start getting nitpicky about what these things mean. *chuckles*"

Kinaed gives a lumpy snowball to Maxwell Wattkil.

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Vandago by default would likely have better relations, ok I'm rambling beyond whatever our topic is."

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Religion should definitly be lower... along with perhaps morale. Though I think class relations is a bit better than ordinary"

Noah says, "Is corruption problems with secular officials or sacred, what does it imply about the current GLs for there to be high corruption, etc."

Kinaed wonders, "Why would religion be lower...?"

Samantha ab Vortina claims, "Because frankly if would appear... laxed."

Noah claims, "I almost think the terms and metrics to affect them in actual play have to be determined - rules to generate the values first before we know where to set the starting ones."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I'd think religion is pretty standard."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "About where it is."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Food would likely be pretty good currently."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "We even have people leaving food for the poor on-grid."

Noah says, "We can't forget that PCs are weird."

Zeita von Zarrova claims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "It shouldn't be though, in the middle of winter."

Kinaed claims to Noah, "You're a very organized thinker, but I think you're going to have to step back from that alignment of thought because that level of detail will slow this down and create unnecessary work. These metrics are solely used to spawn plots once a month or so."

A male with silky midnight black hair asks, "Have we not adapted!?"

Kinaed has transferred Jahaezick le Somnus. [OOC]

Noah states, "The population of PCs are uncommonly pretty, wealthy, charitable, non-religious, mage-heavy, etc."

Noah says to Kinaed, "Fair enough, I suppose."

Brynieve de Versin claims, "Noah has a point. These numbers should represent the silent npc majority."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Well most PCs are Gentry and I know less than generous PCs likely. Ha."

Azarial states, "If the numbers are right, we might even spawn more overlords."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "I volunteer as tribute."

Noah states, "Food and Health should probably be seasonal."

Noah claims, "Class relations should probably be a bit bad, we've had some Southside strife lately."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "With the corpse rot epidemic recent and other things health wouldn't likely be tooooo good."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I've changed it a bit with regards to comments here."

Noah states, "Corruption might be seen as high because of recent scandals at the GL level."

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Noah, "Agreed."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I would agree."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, how is it looking now?"

Inquisitor claims, "I thought we fixed those. *Grin*"

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Food and class relations way too high."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Food is bad, class relations bad"

INTERNAL REPORT

Safety : Poor
Economics : Ordinary
Corruption : Pathetic
Food : Superb
Class Relations : Excellent
Race Relations : Ordinary

FOREIGN RELATIONS

Vandago : Good

Kinaed states, "Morale is like how well entertained and happy citizens generally are. I think we should bump that up because players did a play recently."

Noah says, "Yeah, I agree with Zeita."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I'd keep food positive but class relations I'd put lower."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Because of Southside as of recent."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Defense should be good, economics good (from my perspective)"

Noah says, "I have no idea why Education might change considering Lithmore's strong compulsory education system."

Jahaezick le Somnus asks, "May I inquire what's being changed?"

Noah states, "Agree with Economics good, VERY active merchants and shops. "

Zeita von Zarrova says to Noah, "Quality of education can change though"

Veiss Chnee says to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Type city report"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Oh, that's nifty."

Zeita von Zarrova converts those compulsory school hours into a sweat shop!

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Race relations, overall, would likely stay... A bit lower."

Noah states to Zeita von Zarrova, "I suppose, I just don't see it as likely to change much. *grin*"

Zeita von Zarrova queries, "Farin relations? May depend on things with Daravi lately?"

A male with silky midnight black hair trails off, "Infrastructure..."

A male with silky midnight black hair muses, "Like architecture?"

Noah says, "Oh yeah, the Edessa stuff may be screwing with foreign relations too."

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Noah, "Yeah, would be fairly steady, a slow changer."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Spot-on mate, we Vandagos got that."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "Farin have always shown strong Davite leanings."

Kinaed states, "I think there's some stuff going on around that with Lithmore pulling out of Edessa, so I might leave that section to Temi"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Charali and Hillmen don't even show on relations. Lol."

Noah says to a male with silky midnight black hair, "They aren't organized duchies."

Zeita von Zarrova says to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Too tribal and fractured to have a unified voice or goal."

A male with silky midnight black hair questions, "Tubor and Vavard likely are lower due to conceptions about their loose morality?"

Kinaed muses, "Infrastcuture is stuff like 'is the city wall cared for? Sewer systems? Are roads crumbling and old?' etc"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Ya, all that's great because Vandagans kick ass."

A male with silky midnight black hair nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed wonders, "How is it looking now?"

Noah states, "You could make two arguments about infrastructure. The Flood really hurt the city but ludicrous amounts of money refurbished it 10 years ago."

city report
INTERNAL REPORT

Economics : Legendary
Food : Excellent
Class Relations : Excellent
Race Relations : Challenged

FOREIGN RELATIONS

Noah queries, "Food and class probably ought to be low, right?"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Don't forget the efforts of our demon-slaying brave citizens, helping to rebuild."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I still think food's good, especiallllllly if we have legendary economy."

Kinaed states, "No one is starving in the streets."

Noah nods.

Noah says, "I like the argument that health is a bit bad because of our corpserot problems, too."

Kinaed says, "Class... I'd like it to be low, but the reality of how people actually play is that it's pretty high."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Veiss Chnee states, "I want more people to hate on Charali"

Noah claims, "It MIGHT be that if we tell people class relations aren't awesome they'll start playing it."

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Kinaed, "Pcs are still the exceptions, mind"

Noah says, "Or at least, it may help."

Veiss Chnee says, "It is hard to please an asshole charali, when everyone is nice"

Veiss Chnee points to what Noah said

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Next roll I'll see if a noble slot is open, and I'll be the new Jei."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I heard some nice choice words about Charali ICly from someone."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "It felt thematic."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I can pushe class relations down"

Azarial claims, "That might be worth a recommmend, or a quit quote"

Kinaed asks, "How is it looking now?"

A male with silky midnight black hair nods at az

city report
INTERNAL REPORT

Morale : Good
Religion : Good
Economics : Legendary
Health : Challenged
Food : Excellent
Class Relations : Ordinary
Race Relations : Challenged

FOREIGN RELATIONS

Veiss Chnee claims, "That makes me happier"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I like it, Kin, so far."

Noah states, "Hmmm. That's starting to feel like Lithmore as it is."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I'd say Education is currently 'good'."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll ask Temi to take an action item to set up the Foreign relations"

Inquisitor says, "I like it."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "We do have well-pedigreed Academy folk on-grid and commoners getting standardized."

Kinaed states, "Happy to bump education up a slight bit"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "But overall? It looks great."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Things are bad, but they really could get worse."

Noah asks, "How will these things change, in play?"

Veiss Chnee needs a drink, afk for a sec

Noah states, "Er, to clarify. What is the mechanism for changing these things."

Kinaed says, "Sec, kid climbing on me and trying to put a veil on mh head"

Jahaezick le Somnus queries, "Your husband get up?"

A male with silky midnight black hair lol.

Kinaed says, "He did."

Kinaed states, "Okay, mechanism."

Kinaed says, "Once a month, probably after the OOC Chat, staff plan to look at the city scorecard and discuss what's going on in Lithmore."

Veiss Chnee returns with vodka redbull in hand.

Kinaed says, "We will then create "Header Plots" which will show up in the "What's On" section when a player logs in."

Azarial says, "If anyone saw the exploding snails....that was a test run."

Kinaed claims, "Players can have a closer look at Header Plots when in game with plot header review #."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Seems things got more exciting around here on my hiatus"

Kinaed claims, "Once you know what's going on, you can then RP about it."

Azarial states, "The work never stops, on my end."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "And we always appreciate it, Az. You're a rockstar."

Azarial grins.

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Az kicks ass."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "All staff does."

Kinaed says, "When you're done RPing, you can submit a 'what I'm doing about whatever is going on' plot advancement with the 'plot advance #' command."

Azarial says, "So any hiatus is going to be rather surprising on how the mechanics change."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Honestly, I love the journey change."

A male with silky midnight black hair asks, "Can we negatively effect the stats?"

Kinaed claims, "Staff will take your advancements into account and will 'bring them to life' so to speak - create IC_Events, add rumors, adjust the city score, etc."

Kinaed states to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Absolutely."

Jahaezick le Somnus queries, "To kinaed Can this be furthered through influence?"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Blah."

Azarial says to Jahaezick le Somnus, "I still have a few i need to figure out how to add."

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick le Somnus, "I would like to think so."

Noah states, "Yeah, it'd be interesting to see how 'resources' play into this."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Getting health up gives Physicians a thing to do, I like it."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "I'm just saying, so it's not just the grand magnate raising prices, or a cardinal getting caught in a scandal."

Kinaed claims, "There may be things where a player says they're going to do something, but it'd be RPA. We'll probably pick those things up for free, and we might negotiate with a player if they're using influence or something. That structure isn't worked out completely, but this system shouldn't cost QP to action."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Corruption can start at base levels too, like the Reeves."

Noah claims, "Nice, that's a very positive direction IMO."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Having a lasting affect on the direction of the city as a whole, codewise."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "I like it a whole bunch."

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick le Somnus.

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I like it too."

Corlan dul Nulaam sneezes loudly.

Azarial claims, "And completed plot advancements can reward qp and deacth xp eprcentage points."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Bless ya."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "I'm still not clear on what plots /are/, to be honest."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, I think we're happy with where the City Report sits at the moment as our 'kick off' values?"

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick le Somnus, "I'll give an example to help."

Jahaezick le Somnus nods at Kinaed.

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "I wouldn't call the economy legendary, can we drop it a step? Otherwise pretty happy."

Kinaed says, "City report says that, right now, safety is poor. This would imply to staff that the most likely area for a plot to arise is around people's personal safety."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Well, ICly, I'm going with that during my hiatus I was running trade routes on contracts, so I'd say that might have a beneficial affect on the economy."

Azarial states, "Southside might be making incursions, piracy on the river, bandits outside the city, that sort of thing"

Noah states, "Seems fair, we've had some inexplicable deaths, attacks, etc."

A male with silky midnight black hair questions, "PIRATES!?"

Kinaed claims, "Maybe rather than staff doign it, I might even make it an OOC Chat agenda item to decide what a going plot that crops up might be. Anyway, somehow, we decide that soemthing is going to happen around safety. In this case, let's go with 'there's a street gang in southside that's extorting protection money from the local shopkeepers right under the nose of the Brotherhood of Common Goods.'"

Maxwell Wattkil is idle.

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "The Brotherhood sometimes feels like it's a pretty solid and important group to keep Lithmore stable."

Inquisitor says, "Oh snap! Tenebrae isn't going to be happy about that."

Maxwell Wattkil is no longer idle.

Maxwell Wattkil has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Now I create a header plot, which is just filling out a form that has the title of the plot 'Southside Menance' and a paragraph explaining what I just said above about roving street gangs.

When players log in, they'll see a "What's On" section in the login sequence saying what plots are currently on. Southside Menace will appear there."

Kinaed claims, "Players can then do a quick lookup of the plot to get the tawdry details."

Jahaezick le Somnus questions, "Is this visible to everyone, and are names included?"

Kinaed claims, "They'll probably want to check the IC Events board."

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick le Somnus, "There are no names, etc, in this section."

Kinaed claims, "It's just a plot write-up."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Got it."

Kinaed says, "If there's nothing in rumors or IC_Events, then your character probably hasn't heard anything."

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "So it's essentially a storyrunner command?"

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, knowing that this is happening, players can now start advancing the plot."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Without the godly power"

Corlan dul Nulaam is no longer idle.
Corlan dul Nulaam has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "They could type 'plot advance #' (where # is the menance) and type that they're patrolling. Or they can go RP with the Tenebrae to witch about what's happening, etc."

Kinaed trails off, "When they do this, they can CHOOSE to share what they're doing with everyone..."

Jahaezick le Somnus queries, "So other players can contribute to the plot?"

Kinaed claims, "Or they can keep it secret, in which case only staff will see it."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Like, storywise."

Kinaed says, "All players can contribute to an open plot. Plots at this stage will all be public events."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions."

Inquisitor queries, "So we would make that plot advance after we rp the thing we are doing, right?"

Kinaed claims, "What people do about plots to advance them is private unless they choose to share."

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "Do you have a POLCA writeup I can look at?"

Kinaed has created Plot Commands Specification[1].

Kinaed has created Plot Commands Specification[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 11)Plot Commands Specification

Jahaezick le Somnus pontificates, "Thanks!"

Azarial claims, "Hmmm. an open source story. that's an interesting way to look at it."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, people advance it until staff decide it's closed."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Oh. There's a lot more to this than what I thought there was."

Kinaed says, "Players can also add their own header plots."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "How long did this /take/, jeeze."

Azarial says, "Wel,l the second polca? all day yesterday."

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick le Somnus, "I think about a month of work."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Man you guys really pump this stuff out."

Azarial states, "Temi tested it that evening, and it looks to be pretty solid so far."

Jahaezick le Somnus looks at a book in his hands.

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Noah questions, "Have we already talked about how plot and STs will interface?"

Kinaed says, "And we're not done testing it - that's the second thing. Players: this system is in game."

Azarial claims, "I have my good days."

A male with silky midnight black hair wonders, "Can we keep a copy of these?"

Kinaed states to Noah, "They won't. STs are for people running stuff and being the main contact, etc."

A male with silky midnight black hair gets Plot Commands Specification.

Kinaed states, "Plots are people throwing out hooks for other people to engage with, less ownership."

Noah says, "So Plot is basically the staffer version of ST, almost. *grin*"

Azarial claims, "I suppose you could build a story to advance a plot, and fill out both sides, if you wanted to."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "Oh god this is beautiful. You guys are really getting more eloquent."

Kinaed states, "Well, when plots are completed. Let's get back to my example where there's a marauding gang in southside."

Kinaed claims, "Let's say Brynieve makes a deal with the Tenebrae to let Reeves patrol the streets."

Kinaed trails off, "She puts that up as a plot..."

Kinaed claims, "This is the part where I get a bit icky, but we're going to do it anyway and see how it goes - staff process her plot request."

Jahaezick le Somnus raises a hand

Kinaed muses, "We decide what happens to this NPC group of Reeves going south - do they succeed or not? How does it affect the game world?"

A male with silky midnight black hair muses, "Kin, may I bring up a point?"

Kinaed asks of Jahaezick le Somnus, "Yes?"

Kinaed says to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Of course."

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "Can plots be cosigned so both main participants are the main writers of the story?"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, staff will report back on a plot by bringing the game world's reaction to life."

A male with silky midnight black hair muses, "Wouldn't that have a possible double-bladed effect and could possibly create extra corruption if found out in addition to the benefits?"

Azarial grins.

Kinaed says to Jahaezick le Somnus, "They're shared. Anyone who is shared on it will be fed back the details of what happened to enact plot advancements of their own if they desire."

Azarial says, "It;s still and ic reaction."

Azarial claims, "An ic"

Jahaezick le Somnus nods.

A male with silky midnight black hair nods.

Jahaezick le Somnus questions, "Also, can private plots be shared with others?"

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "And subsequently be found out by the ICbase?"

Kinaed says, "An example might be Bryn puts up a plot that she shares with the Tenebrae because they've RPed it. Tenebrae then raises a plot to betray Brynieve."

Kinaed states, "Er, just as an example."

Kinaed claims, "There are no private plots, just private plot advancements."

Inquisitor nods.

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "That sounds much better."

Kinaed says, "If you want to create a plot thread for people to play about, you can, btw. This system is open to players, not just staff."

Kinaed states, "BUT, if a player creates it, they must set an expiry, and if they go inactive, then the plot will auto close."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "So it's a rumour system with consequences"

Noah questions, "So, submit it as a ST if you have a planned narrative in mind that involves actual scenes as a requirement. Submit it as a plot if you want to throw an action out there and just see what floats to the top as a response to it. Maybe even submit a ST that's finished as a plot afterward, to let people play with the repercussions?"

Kinaed states, "It might spawn rumors, but I think this would be a plot system to help us weave stories."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Azarial says, "And give a historical overview of what's been happening."

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "So what rumours are for an IC board, this is the general board?"

Kinaed states to Noah, "Exactly."

Azarial nods at the timeline option.

Kinaed says, "The IC_Event board documents common knowledge events. The Rumor system is an entirely separate system on TI>"

Noah states, "Okay, cool, I think I have a better sense for how these systems fit together."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Yeah, but I'm just trying to make a common assosciation. "

Kinaed says, "I see STs as encapsulated works ran by a player on a consensual basis with one or more players."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I have a thing to the agenda, I'd like to bring up, after all this is discussed."

Kinaed says, "The outcome can be predetermined."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Rewarding players for structured RP"

Kinaed states, "The plot system is a game-wide participatory system with the intent of bringing our environment to life and putting some grease between the wheels of player-environment interactions."

Noah asks, "One last annoying question: what happens with contradictory and/or excessive plots? Five people decide it'd be entertaining to throw out plots on safety, all of which start from different assumptions?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Okay, I think I've got a basic grasp of this."

Noah muses, "And if a plot is approved, that means the events in it must be viewed as having actually happened, even if nobody responds to the plot?"

Kinaed claims to Noah, "I'll make sure staff can remove them."

Noah nods.

Azarial states, "All plots and headwers are staff deletable."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Oh, I have one more question."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Last one, I promise."

Noah says, "(Sorry that was two questions, but done now.)"

Kinaed wonders, "No worries, Jah - write it down a sec though?"

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "Are all plots pre-approved, or do we have to wait for staff confirmation"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Erp"

Kinaed queries to a male with silky midnight black hair, "You had something you wanted to ask/say?"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Yes."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "It's about IP."

Kinaed claims, "I think the system has them pre-approved atm, but I think we might need to filter player plots through the request system for approval."

Noah nods at Kinaed.

Noah thinks that has to happen, imo.

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Since the changes, I feel that it's a bit excessively hard still to gain more."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I managed a few, and that's being generous, on my alt, no matter what he never could get more than '1' a week."

Kinaed says, "We haven't had the opportunity to look at IP, we've been working on this system."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "I gained 14 this week"

Inquisitor says to Zeita von Zarrova, "Bragger"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "It's all about actual support and influence."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "It is certainly doable if you put the right foot forward."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Yes but it's really hard to get that support if you aren't a Noble/GL."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "It's not that hard to really rack up the points if you hamfist your way into the right circles."

A male with silky midnight black hair checks Lore Leader.

Kinaed states, "To be honest, I'm not able to turn my attention to IP at the moment, but we have promised to overhaul how IP advances, etc."

Azarial grins.

Azarial states, "Come babysit, so i can focus."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Just making sure that staff's aware."

Kinaed claims, "I thought your question/comment related to the plot stuff, Alkari, so I'd like to jump back to Jah so we can have an encapsulated conversation."

Kinaed says to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Did you have other questions."

Kinaed queries, "?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Hm, none that have immediate concern, or are about the conversation at hand."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Kk, well Influence //was/ brought up in relation to influencing the system which spurred my question I think somewhat, but my apologies."

Kinaed exclaims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Oh, you didn't do anything wrong!"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, so still on plot commands..."

Kinaed says, "The plot system is in game right now."

Kinaed states, "I do not want to release it for players to use yet."

Azarial claims, "The syntax should be updated; i don;t know if the rest of the file has been written."

Kinaed muses, "Can I get 3 or so players to agree to be test bunnies?"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Rodger dodger"

Kinaed says, "I want those three players to be prepared for it to be HARD."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I can."

Kinaed says, "That is, the system isn't finalized, it may not be elegant."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Still a go for me."

Samantha ab Vortina raiseshand

Kinaed claims, "The goal of this testing is to increase the usability before final rollout."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Always happy to be a testbunny"

Samantha ab Vortina actually restracts that hand raising

Kinaed states, "Okay, Samantha, Jahaezick, and Alkari."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, Jahaezick and Alkari... anyone else?"

Kinaed peers sidelong at Noah.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Will this be immediate? I don't want to miss out on Temi's plot."

Kinaed says to Zeita von Zarrova, "Probably a little bit."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "I'm still on board. Always excited for new things."

Sikod Mehtap says, "I had something too."

Kinaed claims, "Temi said the plot won't be immediately after the chat though since the chat moved earlier."

Noah claims, "I can test."

Kinaed claims, "Thank you."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Oh, I did have one private question."

Noah states, "I can break anything. :D"

Kinaed states to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Send me a tell."

Azarial claims, "So can ned. I really hope no one decides to make a competition out of it. <_<"

Noah grins at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Sikod Mehtap, "Did you want to raise your question? I think we need to extend today's OOC Chat because players had a few things raised that we haven't even gotten to."

A male with silky midnight black hair queries, "Kin, if we're getting to this straight-away, can I afk like, 10 mins real fast?"

Noah claims to Azarial, "Well, you know me and bugs."

Kinaed nods at a male with silky midnight black hair.

A male with silky midnight black hair has gone AFK.

Kinaed states to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Should be fine."

Sikod Mehtap states, "I can go after others, Kin."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I'll still be here for scrollback."

A male with silky midnight black hair queries, "Pull me here if I idle?"

A male with silky midnight black hair fwooshes away a bit.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's skip player heartbeat and get to player topics. Noah, you wanted to discuss lethal mobs and something else. Let's start with Lethal Mobs."

Noah claims, "I've heard a few people worry about going various places because some mobs are lethal and they don't know which."

Noah wonders, "Is there a way we can get a list or a helpfile on what mobs are actually lethal?"

Azarial states, "Southsiders have the mercy prog, which helps there."

Noah says, "I know Southside mobs are lethal and that's explicitly warned in helpfiles, but no idea about animals. And sewer crocs are aggro, or at least were, so if they're lethal... scary."

Kinaed wonders, "I don't mind adding some text or a flag or something to let people know what is flagged lethal. Will that do?"

Noah says, "Yeah, actually, if it's obvious in-room with the thing that'd be GREAT. And I'd like to ask crocs not be lethal, if they are, since they agg."

Brynieve de Versin states, "An obvious tell when fighting or considering a mob really would be best for a random newbie, or oldbie who encounters a mob."

Noah nods at Brynieve de Versin.

Kinaed states to Noah, "I'll approach the rest of the staff re:crocs."

Kinaed nods at Brynieve de Versin.

Azarial claims, "That might actually be a good use for consider. i've been debating removing that for years"

Kinaed wonders to Noah, "Okay, healing wounds?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "It may just be easier to add a 'a croc turns to you' first, give like five seconds, an OOC notice saying this mob is lethal, and see if they consent or not"

Kinaed says, "I'd probably make it a room flag, like a [L] in front of the mob short desc."

Kinaed says, "Er, long desc, not short"

Azarial claims, "I could look at the entry based aggression, versus global."

Kinaed has transferred Tomas ab Jinosa. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a lumpy snowball to Tomas ab Jinosa.

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "You missed the plot discussion, but there's a POLCA book here to explain it"

Noah states, "Healing wounds seems a little odd now with the HP tie. That is, you can not heal for weeks if you don't sleep or eat, but you can stuff your face with tons ofr ations repeatedly and heal all your wounds at once, it seems."

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "What is entry based aggression versus global?"

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "Snowball?"

Veiss Chnee is idle.

Kinaed pontificates to Jahaezick le Somnus, "We usually give out a token for each OOC Meeting. Collect them all!"

Noah claims, "Also, insignificant wounds (too small for treat) will linger for a rather long period if you don't eat/sleep. "

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "I do, I just didn't get one."

Jahaezick le Somnus grins.

Veiss Chnee is no longer idle.
Veiss Chnee has returned from AFK.

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Yeah, I'm currently in that situation."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "I've had these slash wounds since I left around three or four months ago"

Kinaed questions to Noah, "I understand Az 'fixed some bugs in this space', so is this absolutely urgent, or can I defer it to a chat with Az to find out how everything works?"

Veiss Chnee would like to mention that she had a few wounds that didn't heal for almost a month, -after- being treated

Azarial claims, "Walk into the room, the timer starts, instead of checking globally every X seconds to see if there is someone to attack."

Jahaezick le Somnus thanks Kin

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Noah says, "Not urgent, just suggesting it could use a revise."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Kinaed claims to Noah, "Let's talk about it mid week too if you catch me."

Jahaezick le Somnus thinks

Kinaed questions to Veiss Chnee, "Okay, you wanted to raise something?"

Noah nods.

Jahaezick le Somnus sits down on the ground.
Jahaezick le Somnus stands up.

Veiss Chnee claims, "I honestly don't remember. "

Veiss Chnee says, "It was something with races, but I can't recall now. >_> "

Kinaed claims, "No worries, please raise it if you remember."

Veiss Chnee nods.

Inquisitor claims, "I do have something small"

Kinaed queries, "Did anyone have anything else they wanted to discuss?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "I was told to bring up a question I had during this meeting."

A male with silky midnight black hair back.

Kinaed claims to Inquisitor, "Yes, please :)"

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Happy to hear yours too. Please write it down in prep to go after Gerolf."

Inquisitor claims to Kinaed, "Well I don't know about anyone else, but for me the earlier time worked out a lot better. I just wanted to say thanks for that."

Kinaed says, "It shifted earlier because the US recently had daylight savings shift. "

Inquisitor states, "I know, that is why it worked better :)"

Kinaed states, "I typically get up around 7am on the weekends, so the OOC Chat is now 8am for me."

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "It won't stay this way though - when the timezones shift again, I'll push it later so that I can actually attend :)"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "May I have a snowball? I wish to put it with the rest of the hoard."

Kinaed gives a lumpy snowball to Jahaezick le Somnus.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Should be a steady time for awhile, at least."

Kinaed muses to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Did you have another question you wanted to raise?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Yes."

Kinaed states to Jahaezick le Somnus, "The floor is yours then :)"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "I'm wondering about husbandry"

Kinaed wonders, "You mean raising pets and other animals like horses?"

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Yes. Last I was here, it was talked about in conjunction with the new plant code"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "I'm wondering if there's any ETA on that"

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "...Not meaning to sound pushy."

Jahaezick le Somnus claims, "Just curious."

Kinaed says, "Temi would be handling that, and she isn't here. Right now, I know she is focused on jewelling. I'll raise it with her and ask her if she'd like to make that her next goal."

Kinaed states, "I think it's completely valid to ask about something we suggested we planned to do, not pushy at all."

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "I just really l liked the idea of raising your own meat animals instead of having to go out and hunt down every thing."

Zeita von Zarrova wants her own bees.

Jahaezick le Somnus says, "Or having to buy a cow for one piece of meat. I don't really like going to the butcher if I can avoid it."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Oh, that's the other thing."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anyone have anything else to add?"

Jahaezick le Somnus waits, finger raised

Kinaed gives Jahaezick le Somnus a nod to encourage him to continue.

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Is it possible to adjust how much meat different animals give"

Noah states to Jahaezick le Somnus, "It's already variable."

Kinaed claims, "You mean ones you hunt right now? Typo board any suggested changes for review."

Kinaed asks of Noah, "It's not fixed?"

Noah states, "Large animals drop sides of meat that can be broken down into multiple pieces, if your skill is good enough."

Noah states, "So a bison gives you like 15 pieces of beef if you can butcher."

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "I did have a question about animal heads, too."

Jahaezick le Somnus wonders, "What do?"

Jahaezick le Somnus states, "Are they butcherable? I've never tried."

Kinaed muses to Jahaezick le Somnus, "Can I ask you to talk with Noah in tells about how that stuff works?"

Kinaed says, "We're about 15 minutes over the end of our OOC Chat time, and a quest is being run later today."

Kinaed asks, "Can I capture any last questions?"

Kinaed wonders, "Or is everyone ready to go back to their daily TI?"

Jahaezick le Somnus muses, "The testbunny test?"

Brynieve de Versin has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "I'll keep the three testers."

• Information