Log of OOC Meeting 11/08/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'm pretending nothing that I just skimmed was said. OOC Chat time."

Kinaed has awarded you 1 QP: on time attendance to the OOC Chat

Inquisitor says to Karrina ab Vazien, "My office is open anytime"

Aios MIB flashy-things.

[Action: Terryn dul Valistovos is here skipping the light fandango.]

Kinaed wonders, "Shall we get started? Can I get a volunteer Scribe to put the log on the forums?"

Kinaed has transferred Audric op Vilar. [OOC]

Xinoe gives a skeleton key to Audric op Vilar.

Kinaed trails off, "Anyone? It's worth QP to be the Scribe and put a log up on the forums..."

You will no longer see prompts.

Kinaed declares to Noah, "Thank you!"

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe!

Noah says, "Prompts off, loggin' away."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, today's agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Anyone want to add anything to the agenda right now and make sure it is discussed?"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I had an idea, but it'd likely be silly."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "The key topic"

Kinaed claims to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Will add that."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "To bring up when we are done with the main stuff."

Kinaed states to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Okay, I'll list you - and don't feel worried about looking silly. I do it all the time."

A male with silky midnight black hair nods.

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Some of us live in that state 24/7."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "All these App 5s."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Oh wait, 3 are staff."

Kinaed says, "Alright, staff updates. I'll kick off - I don't think I did anything last week, or at least nothing I can remember, except continually harass Azarial about finishing plot code. It's been busy with my daughter's 4th birthday being planned, a new nanny starting today, etc."

A male with silky midnight black hair declares, "Grats!"

Kinaed states, "I intended to do the knight help files today, and got caught up in policy cases this morning."

Kinaed smiles.

Terryn dul Valistovos says OOCly, "Happy birthday MunchKIN"

Kinaed states, "But all of that is resolved; biggest issue is that I feel like if I talk to people about small things, it seems to really upset them, probably more than the small talk is worth. :( I don't want that to be the result of my chatting with people about things that people raise, so please... if I do talk to you, don't take it to heart unless I say that you really need to."

Kinaed states, "I'm pretty good at telling a person point blank if they're in serious hot water."

Kinaed trails off, "I guess that's it for me..."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Are you in there? You're up."

Azarial claims, "Some bugs, some strings, trying to advance various other projects between crashes"

Azarial says, "And keys, of course."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims to Kinaed, "I know all too well when you're serious."

Kinaed states, "Plot Command, first wave, is done, but it needs some refinements before we can release it."

Kinaed smiles at a male with silky midnight black hair.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, on Temi's behalf - tools for jeweling are done."

Noah declares, "Ooh!"

A male with silky midnight black hair yay!

Karrina ab Vazien wishes she was still in the merchants.

Kinaed says, "I think she said one more thing about that, but I don't think jewelling is complete just yet. It's advancing nicely though. For my part, I've been outtie, which is why I reinstated magecraft. For the record, I am not removing anything from magecraft, only adding to it."

Kinaed states, "Nedyra can't be here today... Xinoe, you're up. :)"

Rain wonders, "Will the jeweler's tools be craftable by blacksmiths or woodworkers?"

Kinaed states to Rain, "I don't know, I'm sorry. I suspect probably, and I can check with Temi and get back to you."

Rain nods at Kinaed.

Rain declares, "Thanks!"

Xinoe exclaims, "This week I logged:
3 typos fixed.
2 requests completed.
3 guildhalls revamped.
6 building tasks finished.
4 books reviewed and installed.
26 key sets adjusted.

The past week, most of my time was spent on rearanging guildhalls in preparation for taxes and adjusting keys to work with the new system. Please remember that if you have keys you haven't obtained by strictly legal means, you'll need RPA to use them at this time. If you have friends who have given you keys to their homes, offices or the like, please write a typo note to them AND Staff so they can confirm you have permission to use them. This coming week, I'd like to clear off my personal board which is currently sitting at about 40 little side projects.

I also launched LNoWriMo where we're attempting to get 50,000 words of new game content by the end of the month. You guys are killing it so far, I'm really impressed! So thank you for that.

And that's my update!"

Noah claims to Xinoe, "Good Lord."

Noah grins.

Rain woots.

Kinaed says, "I have something to add. It's 10 days into November, and we're at 21k of 50k. I'd like to suggest that if we hit 80k words by Nov 31st as a stretch target, I will double the QP award to participants (ie, instead of 5 QP, 10 QP)."

Zeita von Zarrova was about to raise stretch goals. :)

Kinaed smiles at Zeita von Zarrova.

Kinaed declaims, "Also, thank you everyone who has gotten us to the 21,000 mark!"

Noah states, "Whewww... I'm gonna have to write another book."

Kinaed wonders, "I think that wraps up staff updates. Any questions before we move on to our next agenda item?"

Karrina ab Vazien trails off to Noah, "We need to get on Casimir to finish that journal..."

Terryn dul Valistovos will be blogging.....

Kinaed high fives Terryn dul Valistovos.

Xinoe states, "Yes, lots of awesome new blogs."

Xinoe claims, "And some awesome returning blogs."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, next item: Player Heartbeat. How's RP this week, folks? Anything you'd like to see staff doing?"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Well."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Finding some Guilds can be hard but that's nothing new."

Kinaed nods at a male with silky midnight black hair.

Noah claims, "RP's going well. Troubs are up on an upswing, I think."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Otherwise, I've been having fun getting into my new character. Yule was awesome, great chance to meet new people."

Zeita von Zarrova muses, "Curious which guilds are you looking for?"

Kinaed states to Noah, "That's good to hear."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Reeves."

Noah claims, "(Thanks to the people who recommended me for the Yule party! It was very nice encouragement/appreciation.)"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "They're getting scarce."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "Rp has been good for the most part"

Audric op Vilar states, "Shameless plug for Troubadours becoming easier."

Kinaed wonders, "We've got 5 active reeves. Have you tried using 'guildlist reeves', and the messenger/mail options to make IC contact?"

Zeita von Zarrova says to Audric op Vilar, "Troubs were always 'easy'. :P"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Kinda sorta."

Audric op Vilar claims, "Ahem"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "It's also been a playtime thing."

Kinaed claims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Make that a 'yes', and if you're still not getting traction, please contact me."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I should be able, they're just scarcer than they used to be."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "And my playtimes are not great at lining up."

Kinaed says, "You may need to pboard to arrange RP times."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, does that wrap us up? Alkari, you said you had an idea earlier, mind introducing that idea to us?"

Terryn dul Valistovos is also wondering about ranged combat.

Kinaed states to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Still on the agenda as the next item after the plot stuff is complete."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "(just my addendum to the previous, since I'm slightly distracted irl and thus slow) merchants are churning on well as usual, and would like to say a thank you to all merchant players. They add a lot to the game with crafting that I think can be unrecognised at times."

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Well, it is a somewhat coded/roleplay combined idea. It's related to the fact of the matter that it can be hard to set playtimes. I was wondering if, and this is beyond 'mail' that there was a way to make notification reports for crimes/etc. That can be read by any Reeve or Knight or relevant person without having to mail a specific person and wait or message and hope for the best with availability."

Kinaed wonders to a male with silky midnight black hair, "Can you provide an example for context?"

Kinaed queries, "How would you envision that working?"

Zeita von Zarrova asks, "You mean players reporting a crime through a 'report <crimetype> <details blach blah>' type command?"

Audric op Vilar states, "Reeves use guildnotes for that."

Noah says, "Ohhh, I can see something cool for that."

Noah states, "Post a gnote in another guild's list, not able to read/edit but post to it."

Audric op Vilar claims, "Oh you mean nonreeve reporting"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Even if it is just a 'Hey get into contact with this guy about specific incident' kind of thing. Like say it's 12 AM Midnight, you walk into a place and find a crime committed. Noone's awake, messages won't work. And you don't know who you should specifically mail and who would be most available next they're awake, so it would be like what Zeita said."

Noah claims, "Though just being able to mail a whole guild would work too."

Kinaed says to Noah, "You can do that at the moment, but it'd be tricky. You'd create a gnote in your guild notes, then share it to the Reeves."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Mailing a whole Guild would be as useful but I don't think you can do such currently."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "And it'd feel silly, ICly."

Kinaed wonders, "So you mean like, how a crime report goes automatically to the Reeve guild channel, rather than using that, maybe send a mail with a report or something?"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Ya."

Rain claims, "I've seen a system like that on another game, it worked pretty well. It alerted their channel and everyone in the faction could see the information."

Kinaed states, "We could, actually."

Rain claims, "A citizen's report kind of thing."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "And it gives them a name of who to contact, namely the person who made said report."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Etc."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Type of crime so they know you aren't screwing around."

Audric op Vilar says, "Thats sexy"

Noah claims, "Would work nicely for other stuff beyond crimes too, maybe, just to give a heads-up to a whole guild if nobody's online."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, we can do that reasonably easily. Right now, when a crime is committed (even ones we don't report to Reeves), posts are automatically made on a staff viewable crimelab board. It includes things like witnesses, etc."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "I really like it."

A male with silky midnight black hair pontificates, "Hey, my idea wasn't bad!"

Kinaed claims, "There are some places where certain crimes go unnoticed, however, because there's no code trigger to let us know that a crime occurred though."

Rain muses, "But this would be a PC reporting a crime if I was following correctly?"

Audric op Vilar asks, "Southsidd?"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Right."

Audric op Vilar says, "Southside"

Kinaed says, "I'll consider it, though. Automatic reporting needs to be careful; we don't want to stiffle crime by having a 100% hit rate of 'you do something wrong, it'll be reported, 100% accurately, etc' because a code system is handling it."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "But it'd likely be reported same as an NPC's would perhaps only to the Guild itself."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Right."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "That'd just suck."

Noah claims, "Sounds almost like we're talking a few different systems."

A male with silky midnight black hair asks, "And it could like only be accessible at certain rooms to do it?"

Rain nods at Noah.

Kinaed says, "Just whether it'd be PC initiated or NPC initiated. I'd like to think both systems would entwine."

Noah claims, "If we had a PC one I'd like it to be more general, usable for any guild/topic. *ponder*"

Kinaed claims, "I have to be honest, it'd be cool, it's definitely doable... but it's not going to be near term priority."

Terryn dul Valistovos states, "I have an idea for that"

Kinaed queries to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Please, share it?"

Noah says, "You might want to say "I need a Physician, but nobody was on, catch me soon" but don't know every Physician to mail."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Physicians is actually a case it could also be handy."

Terryn dul Valistovos claims, "Have the player reporting the crime use ip for it, and have the thief in question use ip to counter"

Kinaed asks, "Why not just pboard Physicians?"

Noah trails off, "I think of pboard as OOC, not IC. If it's okay for IC reports of that sort..."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "But to be fair Physicians is a longshot these days to RP with."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Alkari saw someone around half an entire RL day with a disease waiting for them."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Physicians suffer from the fact also that Freelancers can do their job."

Kinaed questions, "Did you pboard the physicians to attempt to arrange RP?"

Audric op Vilar states, "Thats more a case of not having many Physicians really"

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "That would be a question for the player in question."

Noah states, "Yeah, side topic, but probably ought to need a lot more than 36 treat for some rougher wounds."

Noah states, "Or not have Physicians *ahem*"

Kinaed states, "There are 4 active physicians in game."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I'd debate that."

A young man with tousled brown hair states, "Yeah, sorry I was semi-afk when I got the message"

Kinaed says, "You can hardly debate that there are 4 active physicians in game when I can see it. Two of them are in this room."

A male with silky midnight black hair questions, "Who's the second?"

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "And the other two are the GLs."

Terryn dul Valistovos says, "It's not always that there aren't enough physicians, most of them are on a similar time of play, that's where difficulty sometimes comes in"

A young man with tousled brown hair says, "I should be around most of the time, but I do only have 36 doctoring."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Ah, you must be newer."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "But ya before that it was a chore and I've met a few Physicians that were like ok we'll RP. Eventually."

A young man with tousled brown hair claims, "I'm not a Doctor, so my name isn't on the list of people to IC send a message too in the triage."

Kinaed claims, "My point is, people are complaining people aren't active, in both Reeves and Physicians, but under the hood, I see activity in both guilds, and when I ask what efforts made made to use in game tools to contact and arrange RP with people, people seem to have done nothing but relied on logging in and typing who."

Audric op Vilar says, "Kinky does have a point. Id have to retract my statemnt."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I have asked people about arranging RP with my previous character."

Kinaed claims, "I'd submit that it's pretty standard to have issues around time zones and the like."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Well, with Physicians, at least."

say And people can be on and just be busy.

Noah claims, "And people can be on and just be busy."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Reeves are generally alright about getting back to you. Physicians, even if you manage, can take ages."

Noah states, "I'm often not able to get scenes in with people on the fly because of RP obligations."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Perhaps we can get some form of confirmation if a multiple recipient messager is accepted? It will help with knowing if we need to pboard."

Kinaed claims, "I think there might be some code issues around that."

Kinaed states, "But I can consider how we might get around that."

Noah says to Karrina ab Vazien, "I figure if they don't reply you can assume a 'no', anyway."

Zeita von Zarrova questions, "There is a mob in southside that I think treats smaller wounds. (or so they advertise, never tested) Could we get one of those northside? Would that help?"

Noah states, "That mob can only heal HP damage."

A young man with tousled brown hair claims, "Which took me a while to find out"

Zeita von Zarrova says to Noah, "Ahh, ok."

Aios claims to Noah, "People don't always send replyable messengers, especially when they're sending to a guild, it's often more like "Hey, someone's at (x room) and they need (x guild)""

Noah says to Aios, "Yeah, we should encourage people not to do that."

Noah grins.

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I think an NPC like that would possibly hurt the Physician Guild."

Aios nods in agreement with Noah.

Terryn dul Valistovos suggests messengers with recipient set as physician, " The entire guild will get it." (OOC Emote)

Kinaed claims, "Needless to say, I'd like to ask that players reserve the complaining about other people's activity until or unless they have attempted to contact someone through methods like IC mail, messengers, and personal board."

Zeita von Zarrova states to Aios, "I wouldn't respond to that sort of message when I was a physician."

Kinaed claims, "If you've got the perception that someone, or a group of people, are inactive, and you've done that, then please *DO* bring it to the staff."

Noah nods at Kinaed.

Aios says to Zeita von Zarrova, "You wouldn't be able to, was the point *g* so even if someone wants to say "hey, I'm in a scene but I'll be there in 15 minutes", they can't and the original sender just (incorrectly) thinks no one got it."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next topic is - Terryn on keys."

Rain nods at Aios.

Kinaed asks of Terryn dul Valistovos, "Care to introduce the topic?"

Karrina ab Vazien claims to Aios, "That is when I send a tell to convey that. So that know it was received and that they are not going to be ignored."

Noah claims to Karrina ab Vazien, "You never know who sent it, is the thing."

Rain nods at Noah.

Aios says, "If you could send a tell you could reply via msgr. Anyway, I think the points have been made on all sides, mebbe."

A young man with tousled brown hair claims, "I've noticed a lot of discussion about this, and I agree. Why do you need RPA to use illegitimately gained keys in areas where there isn't a xblock or npc? QP isn't that easy to get."

You tell Rain, "Seen so many people messaging you that way. Sheeeesh, folks. ;)"

Kinaed says, "I think people need to be a bit more thick skinned in that area, honestly. If someone doesn't respond to you, don't assume the worst."

Rain replies to you, "Might have been better for me to skip today's meeting!"

Audric op Vilar claims, "I dont much like that my keys cant be stolen tbh. Kindve destroys my key paranoia which should be there."

Kinaed claims to a young man with tousled brown hair, "There's a large forum topic on the matter, and the biggest reason is because of abuses propagated by players with "illegitimate" keys over the long haul."

Noah nods at Audric op Vilar.

Kinaed states to Audric op Vilar, "They can be stolen, you just need RPA to use them."

Terryn dul Valistovos says, "I just wanted to bring up that, at least to me, it seems like a bad idea for keys to be set so only an appropriately linked characther can use them."

Noah says, "Mostly I feel like the abuse incidents mentioned on the forums seem largely IC, except for the occasional mistake of not re-keying resold phomes."

Zeita von Zarrova states to a young man with tousled brown hair, "People were routinely using keys to bypass doors that did have npcs on them and not setting moods and so forth on their entrance."

Kinaed says to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Yes, that was made clear on the forums as well."

Noah asks, "I noticed your post suggested my alternatives weren't clear, Kinaed; could I perhaps explain my second suggestion?"

A young man with tousled brown hair claims, "Can we reduce the QP cost for key related RPA then? 10 just seems so high."

Karrina ab Vazien sneezes loudly.

Kinaed says, "And completely ignoring policy on treating that like break-in. Or walking past a guard that stops picking and bashing, but using a key."

Audric op Vilar questions, "Is it possible to set a key log to tell who used a key last staffside to punish those individuals?"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Bless ya."

Kinaed claims to a young man with tousled brown hair, "I'm not really inclined to. There are skills in game that are intended to let people break into areas. Heck, you can use bash unskilled. I think keys being so open to use that way also defaces the lockpicking skill."

Kinaed states, "Now, I am concerned about the OOC feeling issue, and I'm definitely happy to ease that with some messaging changes."

Kinaed says to Audric op Vilar, "It was not possible, no."

A young man with tousled brown hair shrugs

Kinaed states to Audric op Vilar, "Now we can detect who was using keys that didn't belong to them, and that may be a mid-way answer."

Noah states, "While I think that kind of abuse is IC (if I was a guard and somebody had a key, I'd assume my boss gave it to them), I can see in some cases some exits might be watched extremely closely. But many exits shouldn't be. I'd like it if we could differentiate between keys that could be used without assignment, because they go to unsupervised locks, and keys that go to locks supervised enough that it shouldn't be possible to use without RPA. "

Noah states, "Adding a 'watched' flag to an exit that determines if the key user must own the key or not to unlock sans RPA."

Rain says, "Wouldn't failing to leave appropriate moods be a policy issue though? Or maybe there are files that need to be made more clear? I do think keys are too 'secure' and that criminal activity often seems to be more work and risk than potential reward, but players are always wanting to see more visible crime. That said, I can appreciate that staffside, key use and abuse is a great hassle."

Rain states, "Sorry, slow."

Noah nods at Rain.

A male with silky midnight black hair gets some chocolate syrup to drink.

Aios claims, "Does seem odd that if Joe locks a door and immediately gives me the key, I can't unlock the same door without a trip to the locksmith to officially bestow ownership, or by spending QP."

Noah questions to Rain, "Just auto-logging and criminal-board posting when somebody has a key they use without owning it, perhaps, might help without requiring so strict ownership?"

Kinaed claims, "I think I'm more inclined to throw up a usage attempt to the Crimeboard and report it to Reeves, but there are a lot of problems with keys. For example, if I found a keyring of keys, the probability irl of my going around even my neighborhood to figure out which doors it opens is a lot less than the probability of successfully doing so on TI. Even I have keys on my own personal keychain that I have no fing clue what they open, but on TI, you just walk through a door."

Terryn dul Valistovos questions, "What about making guards purchased(more expensive) for homes like xblocks, and we can set who is allowed in through them?"

Kinaed muses to Aios, "Maybe so, but do you think you could just get over it for the sake of helping out the staff?"

Noah states, "If usage attempts succeeded without owning the key but flagged it in non-lawless areas, that makes sense to me."

Noah states, "Flagged/reported, I mean."

Karrina ab Vazien claims to Aios, "You do not need the locksmith to change ownership of a key."

Audric op Vilar says, "Could require cnote as to how you know where to use them."

Aios says to Kinaed, "I can get over anything, I'm pretty easygoing ;) Just saying it's odd."

Kinaed nods at Karrina ab Vazien.

Rain claims, "Maybe instead of not being able to use a key at all if it isn't yours, it could alert staff or reeves or both so people are going to be really careful about having the appropriate permissions- ha, still slow, but I think I'm saying some of the same things."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "The only solution is give everyone Turnkey."

Noah nods at Rain.

Aios nods at Rain.

Kinaed says to Audric op Vilar, "That's just pushing the pain of dealing with it back onto staff when we've created a system so that all of the issues are pretty much handled for us."

Noah claims, "I mostly worry because RPA is harder to come by these days given timing. Temi's a bit busier of a Temi than she used to be."

Aios claims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "I thought you said "Turkey", and I was strangely all for it."

Kinaed claims, "Just the same way as we kindly made it so people can auto open doors for their convenience if they had the key."

A male with silky midnight black hair declares, "Ha!"

Rain muses, "Auto open doors?"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "..."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Kin, that's likely broken."

Kinaed states, "In all honesty, I can't see an issue when RPA to break into some place is such an emergency that waiting for a staff member absolutely cannot happen."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "I've never been able and auto-open a door I have a key for."

Noah claims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "You don't have to specify which key you're using."

Rain states, "Ohh."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Ahhhh."

Noah says, "Just 'unlock west' and it picks the right one for you."

Kinaed claims to a male with silky midnight black hair, "It's easier for people who have keys to auto unlock and is unlikely to be an issue but in a very small % of cases. Same with the RPA flip. It's more convenient to block people who are using illegit keys and interact with them whilst the majority of key use is unaffected with only a small % of impact to players when an illegit key use is done."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "That makes sense."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Often when I give people my keys to search my home on my old alt it was always 'Which house //specifically/ is yours'."

Kinaed claims, "I am not happy to remove ownership of keys."

Terryn dul Valistovos questions to Kinaed, "Can we at least get it so people grouped can use the key? the ic use for this is rare, but it can(and has) happened"

Kinaed says, "I am happy to: 1) review the messaging to reduce the feeling of offense when the key doesn't work and 2) review what happens when an illegit attempt at usage happens."

Noah pontificates, "I think the actual ownership tracking seems very useful in a lot of ways!"

Rain wonders, "Or maybe a way to share keys instead of transfering them?"

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Noah states, "It's really only 2) where I personally was getting stuck."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I think people are just tetchy about the RPA cost especially."

Kinaed says to Rain, "I'm not really sure if that's a good idea. I'll have to think on the ramifications."

Samantha ab Vortina raises a question "Wouldn't this key matter affect reeves, knights and the order searching the homes of their prisoners, whom they legitametly have taken the keys form their possession?

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Just tell them to give you ownership legitimately."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "That can likely be handled playerside by honest mature players."

Kinaed states, "I think if someone is getting a key from you in RP, it's reasonable for you to pass over ownership for the RP."

Noah trails off, "Hrm. But gettig them back..."

Kinaed claims to Noah, "Should be an IC exercise."

Samantha ab Vortina nods "Alrighty, just wanted clarification since i am somewhat bloody lost on the topic."

Zeita von Zarrova questions, "Could it be possible to have two types of ownership, a limited time one and a perm one?"

Kinaed claims, "As it is, we already were telling the Order that, policy wise, they couldn't keep confiscated keys."

Terryn dul Valistovos states to Kinaed, "The instance that happened to me was a short 'loan' of the key, that seems like a waste of imm time to try and get them to fix it temporarily"

Zeita von Zarrova questions, "Because couldn't the knight that gets the key transferred to serach a house, go and make copies which is the same problem we had once before?"

Noah says to Zeita von Zarrova, "...Right, yeah."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Also, Kin. An interesting thing happened recently."

Inquisitor claims to Kinaed, "What? That is news to me. (No It isn't I am just joshing)"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Which makes me wish to bring up a thing."

Kinaed says to Zeita von Zarrova, "Yeah, that could happen with a locksmith out there. *ponder*"

A young man with tousled brown hair has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Noah claims to Zeita von Zarrova, "A temp use but not copy permit might make sense to get around that."

Xinoe states to Terryn dul Valistovos, "You should be able to transfer ownership of a key from anywhere without charge."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "I think we need levels of owenership. The master owner, and then subowners that can unlock but not duplicate"

Noah says, "Or being able to use without owning, except it's crime-reported."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "It's a bit off-topic from keys, so I'll wait."

Kinaed states, "I think Noah's stance is probably better."

Xinoe claims, "So if you're loaning a key to somebody, assign it to them and when they give it back, they assign it back to you."

Noah says, "Then the law-enforcement folks can just do it and not have to worry about the crime report, but there -will- be a record."

Audric op Vilar states, "Yeah learning that a recent orderite had the keys to my guildhall disturbed me."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Samantha ab Vortina rolls eyes "I really want to know how said orderite managed to get all those keys."

Zeita von Zarrova says to Audric op Vilar, "That would upset me too."

Kinaed claims, "I also think it's appropriate for staff to inform the owner of a key use on their home in certain circumstances. And to check that cnotes and moods are in place, etc."

A male with silky midnight black hair wonders, "When house are kinda placed back to Real Estate, does staff clear them out?"

Azarial nods.

Azarial states, "And ned rekeys"

Kinaed exclaims to Samantha ab Vortina, "Staff didn't check if he owned the keys he wanted cloned, just assumed it was legit, until the third or so time he asked us to make copies. Then we checked, then we said no, then we got told 'but I could make copies of keys irl! and you did it before!'"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "Because I found Mood from a robbery of Alkari's new home from 2 IC years ago under a different owner."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Which caused a bit of weird RP."

Kinaed states, "Look, keys are a MASSIVE headache for staff."

Kinaed says, "MASSIVE."

Azarial says, "Ned may not clear moods, I don;t know."

Kinaed states, "I think it's very important that players be sympathetic to that and any resolution we come to acknowledges that."

A male with silky midnight black hair muses, "Final order of business, when does Lightsaber Crafting become a spell?"

Audric op Vilar states, "Understood."

Azarial muses, "How many keys did the worst offender have? 40? 50?"

Noah states, "I for one will be more than happy with just considering a messaging change/switching to the crime report method."

Rain states, "I'm pretty bummed if the changes came about primarily because people were just being turds about keys, but I think if the error message is made more clear and RPA usage can be reviewed, and possibly some tweaks considered, the rest will sort itself out fine."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "I mean uh."

Noah nods at Rain.

Kinaed states, "I think it's fine if we do let illegitmate key use work... but alert the players involved that it happened, do a crimeboard and report."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Well Kin said it /was/ being abused."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "The key thing."

Kinaed states, "Sadly, yes. Big time. And in ways that people sometimes wouldn't think is abuse."

Noah claims, "I found myself wondering if I was breaking policy because I had some keys that were in a weird grey area."

Kinaed states, "I do think a phome owner should be alerted too, at least OOCly."

Noah says, "Between legitimate/illegitimate."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Noah states, "I erred on the side of leaving moods just in case, but man, was I unsure."

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "Yeah, I remember the number of times my home on my old character was robbed."

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Can I make a specific case Kin"

Kinaed states, "Also, since people are pretty upset about this, I should let you know that I've considered either removing bash from the game or making most doors in Lithmore !bash."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "Like, it's pretty explicit a thing that happened IC so I won't name names."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "But I'd like and bring it up."

Noah hmmms. Bash.

Rain questions, "For similar reasons, or?"

Terryn dul Valistovos queries to Kinaed, "What is !bash?"

Kinaed claims to Noah, "We made bash give people wounds. People's response to that was to use their NPCs to bash."

Kinaed states to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Not bashable."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "It means unbashable."

Noah says, "I'd be fine if bashing took RPA, personally."

Samantha ab Vortina slowly raises lockpicking skill "No lock shall hold me back."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "! is a command designator that makes it impossible to bash it."

Rain queries, "Or you could make it a purchaseable perk, like the harder locks? Harder doors?"

Noah says, "Or the bashing timer was longer so you could only do one bash a night."

Noah declares to Rain, "That makes sense too!"

Kinaed asks of Samantha ab Vortina, "Well, you'd think a criminal would use lockpicking, but why bother with bash in place?"

Terryn dul Valistovos says to Kinaed, "I wonder if i started that.... I had my npc bash doors because icly Terryn was above the things."

Aios says, "NPCs can't attack, making them not bash seems legit. But PCs would still have to pay the price of injuries and such."

Noah states, "Well, if I could lockpick, I'd lockpick, because it doesn't hurt."

Kinaed says to Terryn dul Valistovos, "Lots of people, I didn't notice Terryn specifically."

Noah states, "Wounds are a lot more inconvenient now that they stick around, as they should be."

Aios nods in agreement with Noah.

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Kinaed "I use lockpicking all the time... Bashing just seems... excessive."

Audric op Vilar claims, "A thug with no finesse should bash instead of lockpick"

A male with silky midnight black hair queries to Kinaed, "I once had a character kidnapped and his key taken so his house could be rummaged through. I came to look at the home which he explicitily said he'd searched/would search through and I believe he had, but. There wasn't a Mood left and staff was unclear what to do about it. What was the right thing to do in that situation?"

Kinaed claims, "I think realistically, I couldn't shoulder through any door I know IRL."

Kinaed states, "Even back then, I'd think shouldering through a door requires a particularly rickety door."

Noah trails off, "I couldn't either, but my str is 35 IRL..."

Audric op Vilar claims, "Reminds me of a character in one ame I played who referred to his axe as a dawrven lockpick"

Audric op Vilar states, "Dwarven"

Noah says, "Perhaps doing what Rain said, buying different bash strengths with harder likelihood of success, makes sense. Nice money sink."

Kinaed says, "My daughter is crawling on me"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Bash should represent using tools to get through."

Kinaed states, "Hard to focus"

Noah grins.

A male with silky midnight black hair declares, "Like an axe!"

Rain states, "A STR requirement and door difficulties could leave bash useable and expensive."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, that one scenario is too vague for me to consider."

Noah nods at Rain.

Samantha ab Vortina smirks to Rain "That is a good idea... Does make one wonder what the requirement would be."

Noah says, "Lock quality and bash quality might realistically be tied."

Rain states, "I've been in a few RP situations where trying to bash my way to freedom was horrible IC but totally fitting and interesting."

Kinaed claims, "I'm sorry, I don't really like Honor's suggestion."

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I do feel like when people use actual keys to get in places they often don't leave moods."

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "That was the point of the thing which I brought up and it does make this whole thing make sense."

Audric op Vilar muses, "Why should they though? A key doesnt require breaking thibgs if theyre quiet about it "

Kinaed claims, "I think we removed the ability to use NPCs to bash already. Anyway, that aside, I'll ask Az to make some minor adjustments to key use."

Noah says to Audric op Vilar, "Neither does lockpicking - just for policy fairness."

Audric op Vilar claims, "Things"

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "They left his key in his home to return it to him after breaking in, but no moods. Felt weird."

Kinaed claims, "Guys, our time is up."

Noah claims to Audric op Vilar, "Gotta give people a fair shake at knowing there was a break-in."

Audric op Vilar states, "Lockpicking usually breaks a lock actually Noah"

Kinaed states, "I'm really sorry, but I *do* have to go."

Zeita von Zarrova begins to descend.

Noah states to Audric op Vilar, "Codewise here it doesn't, at least. *grin*"

Terryn dul Valistovos states to Kinaed, "Honor's idea has a bit of merit. If the lock purchased sets the threshold(top tier lock would only work on a top tier door) then you'd need x amount of str to bash it"

A male with silky midnight black hair claims, "Take care Kin! Thanks for the OOC meeting."

Zeita von Zarrova leaves down.

Noah waves to Kinaed. Thanks!

A male with silky midnight black hair waves

Audric op Vilar places his right fist over his heart in salute.

A male with silky midnight black hair states, "I shall love him, and hold him, and call him George."

Kinaed says to Terryn dul Valistovos, "There are difficulties for locks, but that doesn't set door strength to me. !bash is a separate flag."

Kinaed says, "And I have to go. Badly, folks. I need to pick up our new nanny and clean the house before she gets here. Very little time to accomplish both"

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Kinaed sinks into her own shadow and disappears. [OOC]

A male with silky midnight black hair closes the lower pillow.

Xinoe declaims, "I'll be transing people back now!"

Audric op Vilar has been transferred out by Xinoe. [OOC]

A male with silky midnight black hair says, "YOU ALL ARE TRAP----"

Aios highfives Xinoe.

Aios has been transferred out by Xinoe. [OOC]

A male with silky midnight black hair declares, "Dangit Xinoe!"

A male with silky midnight black hair fistshakes.

• Information