Log of OOC Meeting 11/1/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Applesauce

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:08 pm

This week's gift: delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick.

Golden brown in color, the sugar painting is fragile and gives a
satisfying crunch between the teeth. Alas, the candied treat tastes more
smoky than sweet.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, today's agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone want to add anything to the agenda to make sure we talk about it?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. muses, "Eh?"

Kinaed claims, "With a moment of silence in the wake of that question, I shall kick off the Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "Alright, last week I... can't remember doing anything at all of singular value."

Xinoe says to Kinaed, "You unleashed unholy fury on backlogged notes."

Noah states, "Worked with me on some Royal Council stuff, too. :)"

Kinaed states to Xinoe, "Oh, yes, thank you. I went through the backlogs, from my board to the Changes Board, etc. Tackled quite a lot of outstanding issues."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "You also did the first guild structure meeting with the Knights."

Kinaed claims, "At least, the stuff that I could tackle. A lot of it resulted in bugs on more Az's board - he cleaned that down to under 100, and I, within about 24 hours, knocked it back up over 130."

Kinaed says to Noah, "Thanks for reminding me! There is also a Help Royal Council in the game now."

Azarial wasn;t aware boards could breed. Who knew.

Kinaed says, "And I did a guild structure meeting with the knights, which got everyone on the same page, but sadly hasn't resulted in any written help files, and may require another meeting. We were scheduled to do the Reeves today, but Brynieve said she cannot attend, so I'm pondering reschedule."

Kinaed claims, "Given Bryn is the only Reeve actually online right now, if Karrina's in favor, I'd like to catch up with her after and do an action plan."

Kinaed states, "That wraps it up for me - Az, you're up."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. states, "Ooh."

Azarial states, "Mostly working on plots and assorted bug fixes when i needed to clear my head. I beieve I only have the timeline left."

Zeita states, "Bryn has to leave as well- appointed me interim defender for the Reeves if one is needed. :)"

Noah claims, "I'd love to be there for the Reeve thing, whenever, but Bryn is most important."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. states, "Sometimes i dream of being one of the staff."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Karrina nods at Kinaed.

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. pontificates, "Jus' some dreams!"

Karrina claims, "I am sure that there a few others that wish to speak up as well on them."

Azarial states, "Not much else atm for me."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi says, "Okay! So, I've been researching hard into jewelry making."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. asks, "And what about dieseases?"

Temi claims, "I've got a bunch of techniques researched and plans for what tools and types of messagings to make... and now I just need to put them into strings and use them."

Kinaed asks of an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Diseases? "

Temi claims, "Which, unfortunately will take a bit of time, as we've got more than a hundred jewelry items."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. claims, "Yep."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. says, "Only one is coded/"

Kinaed questions to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Does that at all relate to what Temi is saying? If not, please hold it until Player Topics, okay?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. pontificates, "Okay!"

Kinaed has transferred Casimir. [OOC]

Temi states, "So that's been my main direction of effort. Hopefully more to come soon."

Temi gives delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick to Casimir.

Casimir questions, "What loser is this dedicating?"

Kinaed states to Xinoe, "I think that means you're up :)"

Casimir eats delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick.

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Noah grins at Casimir.

Karrina eats delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick.

Xinoe states, "This past week I logged:
12 typo board notes fixed
9 request board notes completed
1 bug board note squished
2.5 building assignments finished

This week I put aside drafting a Papercraft upgrade to focus on guildhall upgrades and helpfiles. This coming week I'll be doing more of the same. Remember that you can earn QP for reporting typos you find in help files! HELP RANDOM is a good way of learning new things while hunting for typos, or you can try help match <intentionally misspelled word>. That's my update for this week."

Noah whistles.

Kinaed declares to Xinoe, "Thanks!"

Kinaed states, "I love it when we staff keep our stuff short and sweet."

Zeita claims, "If it possible to recommend staff, I'd like to recommend Xinoe for doing such a quick and wonderful job on the merchant guild."

Casimir queries to Xinoe, "Does that mean you're taking over the addition of theme to guilds, as discussed on forums, or is that still being hashed out exactly?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. declares, "Me too!"

Kinaed says, "I think that's all for Staff Updates, so the next is Player Heartbeat."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. claims, "I will recommend both Xinoe and Kinaed."

Kinaed claims to Zeita, "Awarded, thank you."

Xinoe declares to Zeita, "Thank you, that's very sweet!"

Kinaed claims to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Thank you. :)"

Zeita states to Xinoe, "You're more than welcome, and I really do appreciate it. :)"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, next on the agenda: Player Heartbeat! How has RP been folks? Enjoying the game? Anything we can do to improve things?"

Casimir says to Kinaed, "Stop requiring XP to be nobility. *sagenod*"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Things've been pretty good so far. RP's been really active the last few weeks from what I can see."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Tons of stuff happening"

Kinaed says to Casimir, "But we like that. And if things didn't cost XP, especially worthwhile things, XP would have no value."

Xinoe states to Casimir, "To answer your question, I'm focusing more on technical fixes first but as we move into rehashing theme, I'm sure I'll be involved there too."

Zeita somehow ended up on the most active list for once...

Noah says, "So much to do. So. Much. To Do."

Samantha shrugs "What rp i have been in has been ok."

Noah pontificates, "Yule party tomorrow! Be there or possibly be executed! *muahaha*"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Holy crap I'm in the list for once."

Kinaed muses to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "Which list?"

Karrina says to Casimir, "We may be doing another meeting for the Knights after this since there are not many Reeves on."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "The activity one. Ahem."

Kinaed smiles.

Casimir says to Xinoe, "Alrighty. I recently worked out a rough draft of subjects to include in Aurthyn ab Sidharr's journal - which, y'know, will probably go through Kin first."

Kinaed states, "Yes, please attend the Yule Party if you at all can, to support your fellow event-running players."

Casimir states to Xinoe, "But going to -try- to define a lot in that."

Xinoe nods at Casimir.

Albrecht exclaims, "Oh my main's book went in so that was awesome!"

Casimir promoted a scroll entitled "The Vampyre of Casterlay".

Casimir promotes, rather.

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, it sounds like things are generally in a good place, and no one has any major suggestions for what they want staff to be doing... so, let's move on to the best portion of the day, Player Topics!"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes asks, "Casterlay Rock?"

Casimir states to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "Close. ;)"

Kinaed trails off, "I actually have something I want to raise before we jump into that..."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. asks, "Player topics?"

Zeita claims, "The home of that evil Lorne... my bane in a past life."

Kinaed trails off to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Exactly, anything players want to discuss. But, before we get there..."

Azarial twitches at the 'y' spelling.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes queries, "Yessss Kinky?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. questions, "What then?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. exclaims, "Before the PLAYER TOPICS!"

Kinaed states, "Some of you would have seen a post on the forums from me suggesting that we change support and GL approval as follows:

* GL Approval probably should be a function of the supporters and subverters, with supporters and subverters WITHIN their guild being heavily weighted. Thus, a GL can be ousted simply by having their guild members subvert them
Members of a guild should probably have "Free" (ie, doesn't use a slot) ability to support or subvert their GLs.
* Limiting the highest IP hit on a GL in a single run (not that I don't think people should be able to influence, I just think going from Approved to Ousted in one blow is... weird? Thematically strange? Hell, we can't even get that prick Abbott out of office...)
* Making IP not expire on a roll-over date, but normalize once per day at a given rate. IE, you either lose or gain your max/7, minimum 1, based on if you're over or under your max, per day. "

Azarial says, "Clma down a bit, please? it can take a while to format posts."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. says, "I have noted a board on some diesease ideas (and their effects)"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. states, "On a board."

Kinaed says, "I think only one person seemed to be mostly happy with this, other people commented on peripheral things, but never said anything further."

Temi nods.

Noah muses, "I do remember some talk from people in the guild in question asking "Why can't we just remove our own GL?""

Azarial says, "Well, I won;t use what I did for languages in the master list."

Casimir wonders to Kinaed, "As I said, I love it. Though I'm a bit fuzzy with the math at the end; Re, I'm not sure I understand it correctly. But meh, who needs math?"

Kinaed says to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "I think we're speaking across one another. We'll discuss diseases in a moment? I just want to get some player feedback on that before I go writing specs to Az."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. declaims, "Okay!"

Seija states, "I don't understand the last point, losing or gaining your daily IP."

Noah claims, "I mostly think those changes are pretty good, though the first point I'd want to hear in more detail."

Seija has returned from AFK.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes ponders, "I don't quite understand the IP change. The other stuff sounds cool."

Kinaed states to Noah, "This ought to resolve that, sort of. But it's important to note that I've seen some bad reasons and bad attempts to remove a GL before, so I'm reluctant to make it a one-person-says-boo-and-the-GL-is-gone."

Kinaed says, "In particular, a lot of lower guild members seeking to overthrow their GL because they want the spot without heed to whether the GL is good for the game or doing a decent job."

Kinaed has transferred Siraina. [OOC]

Temi gives delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick to Siraina.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes nods at Kinaed.

Zeita states, "Despite my interest in the topic, got a headache and can't really focus properly. *waves*"

Zeita begins to descend.

Zeita leaves down.

Kinaed says, "In any case, it sounds like heading in this direction is okay with everyone."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "Well"

Albrecht states, "I think it is a balancing act and if it is purely a function of support/subvert especially with limited slots it takes away from IP which is already a somewhat under utilized/developed system and it becomes too hard to deal with a bad GL. it shouldn't be easy to out them at the drop of the hat, but it shouldn't be too hard either"

Noah claims, "Albrecht said what I was thinking there. So long as it's balanced."

Casimir states to Kinaed, "Absolutely, 100% for me."

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "I think that it should require a concentrated effort by the guild members and likely a few members of a certain higher rank along with it."

Karrina states to Kinaed, "With the way IP is currently, the one who does the Approve to Ousted had to do some serious RP in order to gain the IP needed to actually do so."

Kinaed nods at a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes.

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes trails off, "Because as the idea stands, a few people who decide on a whim they wanna oust the GL cause they say....make a single bad decision"

Kinaed claims, "And I think that's reasonable as well."

Noah states, "I think so long as you don't HAVE to have the game's biggest IP heavyweights on your side if like 90% of the guild is united."

Kinaed claims to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "I'm not sure our pbase is as immature as that."

Samantha arches a brow at the mention of Removing gls just because someone else wants the spot "Has that been happening alot?"

Noah states, "But I do agree going Approved to Ousted in a single shot was a wee bit much."

Kinaed says to Noah, "I'd think the opposite - if 90% of the guild is against you, you'd better have some heavyweights behind you, or you should be gone."

Karrina says, "And if they buy the IP for it, then they are at least buying people off even if it is only use of code."

Noah says to Kinaed, "Er, sorry, that's what I meant."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Seija says, "Does that mean there's no space for IC corruption then? If a low man on totem pole wants to create a mutiny to remove their GL for example."

Noah states to Kinaed, "If 90% of the guild wants the GL out, the guild shouldn't need several heavyweight on THEIR side to make it happen."

Temi claims, "But if the heavyweights are on the GLs side... that makes things dicey and exciting."

Temi grins.

Siraina nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "I think I've got the math worked out - 2 points for a guild member, 1 point for a non-guild member, and a bonus point if the person voting has a lot of their own influence."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "I'd say there would be room for corruption. That GL just needs to make sure he has enough members in their pockets."

Noah grins at Temi.

Noah states, "I want to ask questions about the math but this is totally not the time/place, really."

Temi claims, "Corruption generally involves keeping most people happy or at least ambivalent, I think."

Casimir claims, "Or ignorant."

Kinaed claims to Noah, "Probably not, and I appreciate that. I'll probably put the spec up somewhere."

Noah nods.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think I covered that for now."

Kinaed says to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Iseases? Please, go ahead and reintroduce the question."

Kinaed says, "Er, diseases."

Kinaed has transferred Lakali. [OOC]

Temi gives delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick to Lakali.

Lakali rawr.

[OOC] Scotty: "Did I miss it?!"

[OOC] Lurky: "Nope"

[OOC] Temi: "Nope, about half way in"

Kinaed has transferred a pale, lithe female with fiery hair. [OOC]

Karrina points towards Lakali "Arrest that man."

Temi gives delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair.

Lakali flails about.

Lakali states, "Thanks Temi. Nice leaf."

Temi states, "Xinoe made them."

Kinaed claims to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair and Lakali, "Piotr is introducing us to his diseases idea. We're waiting for him to introduce the topic."

Lakali nods.

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair hugs Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles at a pale, lithe female with fiery hair.

Lakali floats off the ground.

Casimir claims, "I had a quick topic to brush over as well, after Piotr."

Lakali claims, "I have an inquisitive question to ask when they're done with whatever."

Kinaed says, "I think he may be LD or afk unflagged. I'll give him a few more seconds, then you can go, Casimir."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. pontificates, "Soory im back!"

(visnet) Player Zeita: Just to confirm, staff, but the 'guildleader' command is IC info, right?

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Yes.

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. claims, "I have wrote a note in a board explaining the dieseases and the effects they bear, some affects only mages."

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: People might not recognize a GL's face, but they'll know the name and should know generally how people speak about the GL in terms of approval.

Kinaed muses to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "Can you find it and direct us to it?"

Kinaed states, "I seem to recall reading it and thinking that some of it was good, but I probably wouldn't implement most of them."

Lakali states, "This says it is a comfortable room but it's freezing."

Casimir states to Lakali, "Emotionally comfortable"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Oh my"

Lakali stabs Casimir casually.

Karrina says, "Now it is perfect."

Lakali declares, "Lol!"

Kinaed states, "Coded diseases tend to be irritating and don't generally sync well with RP - though I think getting sick or ill is probably a great pvent to add."

Lakali queries, "May I interject?"

Temi claims, "I think there are some sicknesses in the pvents."

Kinaed says to Lakali, "Sure."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. exclaims, "I can't find it!"

Karrina claims, "Yeah, I actually RPed getting one."

Kinaed comforts an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man..

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. states, "It must be deleted."

Albrecht says OOCly, "It is already there as a pvent. I was totally sick recently"

Lakali says to Kinaed, "Wouldn't it be akin to like poisons/herbology effects if it was implimented? I can see if it was limited how it would work."

Noah claims, "Leaving them as pvents sounds a lot more fun to me, pvents or quests."

Kinaed says to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "May have timed out. We ask players to post ideas on the forums because the boards here have automatic cleaning mechanisms."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. claims, "Yep."

Noah says, "Disease Rp is often RP that involves lying in bed away from other people, and thus isn't super contributory."

Lakali says to Noah, "Would give us Physicians something to do."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. exclaims, "Yep!"

Kinaed claims, "Coded diseases tend to progress asynchronistically with RP too."

Casimir doesn't know the meaning of the word.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes wonders, "Apologies but, english plz?"

Lakali queries, "That's also true, what about... Diseases that only go away during RP?"

Casimir claims to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "In line with, probably."

Noah states, "At the same time as."

[OOC] TsuMami: "Perhaps just void to play into some of the establised theme of it?"

Casimir says to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "Context clues. *wink*"

Kinaed claims, "Diseases that progress according to an algorythm do not synchronize with RP."

Noah states, "Or rather, well, not at the same time as."

Lakali states, "Asynchronatically means that they usually wouldn't mesh well with RP timing I think."

Kinaed says, "Then they break the bubble and are just irritating instead of RP promoters."

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair states, "I wouldn't mind doing coded dieases, as long as it isn't obvious. Like Oh, you are itching down there, not You are covered head to toe in blisters and warts. "

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says to casimir You have far better problem solving skills than I good Sir.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says to Casimir, "You have far better problem solving skills than I good Sir."

Kinaed muses to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair, "What else would it be?"

Lakali eats delicate sugarwork of an autumn leaf mounted on a stick.

Casimir claims, "Meh. I like keeping my STDs at my own leisure."

Seija says, "That's too bad! I'd like to see some real uses for some of the medicines that are currently just RP props (I think). Affects listed in score but not printing to a room."

Lakali claims, "In other words, Casimir never had an STD. No real way he could get one."

Noah says, "Some things are just more fun to be left to RP only, in my mind."

Lakali claims, "I like Seija's idea."

Kinaed queries, "After playing Plague Inc, I'm sure I could devise a few really evil, insidious diseases... but are we talking any real game benefit that wouldn't be had beyond randomly sending someone a pvent and suggesting they've gotten a major or minor illness, please RP it?"

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair states to Kinaed, "You have a cough, or can't breath well. You feel feverish. You can't get your nose to stop running. Your ear aches. Every sound feels like a herd of horses slamming into your brain"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Well. You could make it easier to catch them in their beginning stages."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Like give the physicians prevention cures"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Before it becomes a huge issue for RP"

Lakali wonders, "Then Mages can like become more useful too. Oh, you're quite ill, the Physicians can do nothing?"

Noah claims, "I feel like if we need to prop up the Physicians that badly as to require all that new code, we don't need the Physicians."

Lakali offers you a bit of newt.

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "If you wanted to add gameplay benefits to it, it could be much like poisons - giving negative affects to stats, skills, appearance, etc."

Azarial nods at Noah.

Siraina states, "My main problem with coded diseases is just that, frankly, finding a doctor that's available for RP. i hate to be that way, but it can be difficult sometimes"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. exclaims, "Dieseases gives additional work to physicians thus reducing boring time!"

Lakali says, "Not needing Physicians was mentioned before due freelance ones."

Noah trails off, "It just seems like so low on the coding effort-RP payback scale..."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Siraina sneezes loudly.

Noah claims, "DISEASE IS AMONG US"

Lakali states, "Physician/Medical RP is really kind of rarer than I'd like. Bless you."

Kinaed says, "I don't see diseases, at least on a grand scale, being a near term focus."

Siraina laughs.

Lakali stabs a pale, lithe female with fiery hair.

Lakali wrong person.

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair charali smashes Lakali.

Casimir says to Lakali, "Could do checkups. House calls. Put yourself out there."

Kinaed says, "I will add another pvent or two to address people getting sick, but I'll leave it at that for the moment - it'd be good if Piotr can find his original post and put it on the forums for people to discuss in more depth though."

Casimir states to Lakali, "Medieval preventative care."

Lakali claims, "Not like Lakali can do much anyways at the moment."

'Balancing humors is supposed to be a regular thing anyway, go do it even if you DON'T feel sick and get that RP.

Aios states, "Balancing humors is supposed to be a regular thing anyway, go do it even if you DON'T feel sick and get that RP."
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed states, "What else are people interested in discussing? We have about 15 minutes until meeting close."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. states, "Or i can repost it (with some changes)"

'Then again, so is confession, so.

Aios claims, "Then again, so is confession, so."
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Casimir questions, "So, quick one: I want to write a lot of theme books (wanting and doing are entirely different things, of course... anyways,) these are things that could potentially be as important as the new Erra Pater. A lot of people have raised the idea that when it comes to theme, it would be best to do it as a group effort. How should I go about including the playerbase in it? I remember Carmen had a google document publicly accessible or something: was that cool? How did that work? Should it be a group thing?"

Kinaed says to an onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man., "That's fine, but please post it on the forums instead of in-game boards. Thanks :)"

Noah states to Casimir, "I did a thread first, gathered thoughts and ideas, ran an outline by Kinaed, wrote a rough draft, then GoogleDoc'd for round 2."

Noah claims to Casimir, "It worked very nicely, imo."

Kinaed says, "It worked well, but it may not work for non-google users (if anyone here fits that category)."

Casimir takes notes.

Temi says, "I'm going to need run AFK for a while, I think."

Noah says, "Thankfully I think you can set a googledoc to be viewable by anyone."

Lakali says, "I am not great with using the off-site sources because my browser can be laggy."

Temi has gone AFK.

Kinaed states, "Honestly, too many cooks in the pot can make things messy, though, so I'd just be willing to step on a few toes, put up whatever you want, get feedback, alter things you think the staff won't approve, then submit it for final inclusion."

Seija claims, "Do the forums not work well? It seems to me that people hijack threads regularly but that might be in part because one topic covers too much."

Casimir says to Noah, "Did a whole lot of people actually make changes to it? We have a lot of players who say they want theme defined, but when you ask them to read a document and give opinion about it, they don't. Take every one of Wolfie's threads for instance."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "Could just drop it all into forum posts couldn't we? Like a locked one and a second post for discussion."

Noah claims, "For full books, it's hard to do forum-only feedback because they're long."

Noah says to Casimir, "I got two-three people posting helpful comments."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair says, "RE:icly books, I wanna see more short stories, or actual literature. Not spell books >_<"

Lakali says, "I read some of Wolfie's stuff."

Lakali states, "I have yet and see a spell book."

Kinaed states, "Google docs lets you put comments in the sides, like Word."

Noah says, "But I skew very strongly toward including folks. The GoogleDoc step could have been skipped, probably."

Casimir promoted a scroll entitled "The Vampyre of Casterlay" again.

Samantha says, "To be bluntly honest... I am against any ic book being forced theme... The Erra pater kinda of needed that huge overhaul that it did, but aside from that I feel it is an unnecesary addition."

Kinaed states, "You can also edit the doc right there, instead of having to edit the whole forum post, etc. It's just a superior collaborative tool"

Noah says, "It just helped catch inconsistencies and errors and incomplete thoughts I wouldn't have."

Casimir states, "Promotes. Again. God damn persistent typos."

Noah nods at Kinaed.

Lakali claims, "I think that the concept here is what is 'thematic' and what is 'canon'."

Noah claims to Samantha, "I'm not sure I follow. All IC books are theme."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes muses, "Why not just update the helpfiles with thematic information?"

Lakali states, "They are different things."

Seija claims, "That's a good point. Asking for too much help up front can halt progress. If you write something out and then ask for feedback, you're farther along, and in my experience I got more responses after putting something together than waiting for people to weigh in on the first step."

Noah nods at Seija.

Noah claims, "True, very topic-dependent on how many people -care-."

Kinaed says to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "We do, but I think filling out the world with thematic books is a great idea."

Lakali claims, "Any book can be thematic and have IC opinions. Accepted canon is different."

Kinaed says, "I would probably put a link to the Google Doc on the forums though, to let people pop in and comment."

Casimir says to Lakali, "The two overlap excessively. A book by Dav will become canon, for instance."

Lakali claims, "Truth."

Samantha says, "If what i'm understanding is correct, casimir is proposing books on a similar level as to what the erra pater is, where if you go against the erra pater is is essentially a crime. Books that define theme"

Lakali kidnaps Karrina while we all talk.

Noah claims, "Ah, I don't think we're talking a book that lays down sacred or secular LAW."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Casimir says to Samantha, "It won't lay down any sort of law. Mostly, it will be history."

Karrina shoots Lakali a glare before he can even touch her.

Casimir claims to Samantha, "Often, traditions and laws are drawn from history - but regardless, Urth needs a defined history."

Lakali tsks.

Kinaed says to Samantha, "I'm keen to see these books and have always been highly encouraging of players to write these types of things."

Lakali states to Karrina, "Earl Marshalls are great ransoms."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "From past experience elsewhere, I'll mention that it's incredibly difficult to do a group effort with that sort of thing. Usually it's best to write it out and go "HEY EVERYONE. IS THIS COOL?" "YAH." "I DON'T CARE" "SURE" "WHATEVS" "Okay, instating it now.""

Noah grins at a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes.

Kinaed claims, "I'm thrilled that someone likes the game and cares about it enough to want to enrich it with their work."

Karrina states to Lakali, "Depends on how loved they are."

Lakali questions to Karrina, "How's your approval rating?"

Lakali grins.

Kinaed claims to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "Exactly what I meant earlier. :)"

Noah claims, "I think the more it matters to theme, the more you need other people, and the more they care. But so long as people have SOME chance for input somewhere, you're good."

Lakali wonders, "How much time we have?"

Casimir declaims, "Alright, that's it for me. Thanks!"

Lakali reads Casimir mind.

Kinaed asks, "We're out in 10 minutes. Anyone else want to talk about anything?"

Casimir claims, "Probably will do some combo of google doc and forum post."

Lakali claims, "Yes."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair claims, "I wanted to bring something up quickly, after this discussion is done"

Noah claims, "One thing, not major. Haha. If there's time."

Kinaed states to Lakali, "You first then? Then Kay, then Noah."

Lakali says, "Maybe we could get an extension. At this point. But, my question is regards to name changing and it's cost. I heard before there was an idea which it would cost something different than QP. I mean, I understand it, but realistically it can be a bit hard to reach such a goal."

Kinaed claims, "We think that name changing is too easy these days, and is nowhere near as harrowing ICly as it ought to be."

Lakali asks of Kinaed, "Really?"

Kinaed claims, "Back on Old TI, it simply wasn't allowed."

Lakali wonders to Kinaed, "How is that?"

Casimir says, "I disagree completely, but I'm notoriously pro-villain. >.>"

Kinaed states to Lakali, "You pay QP, we re-ident you, and off you go."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "I could see where thematically it should be difficult as hell."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair is kinda with Casimir... >_>

Karrina wonders, "That is why you introduced that potion last week?"

Noah says, "It requiring such huge amounts of QP makes it a lot easier for some than others, based off nothing remotely IC, so I like the switch."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "You're dealing with a time where everyone generally knows everyone. If you're someone they don't know, you're an outsider."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair asks of Karrina, "Potion?"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "But if they know your face already, it's pretty difficult."

Kinaed claims to Casimir, "Surely after 3 identity changes, things are weird and out of whack? And that it comes down to whether or not you've accumulated enough QP to ask a staff member? Should definitely be more IC."

Lakali trails off, "So are most people outside of the city not really known until they come around..."

Lakali says, "And for a Mage it should defintely be easier."

Noah claims to Lakali, "The new method is a spell, so, there you go."

Samantha wonders, "Why should it be easier for a mage?"

Lakali muses, "Wait, we have a spell that does it?"

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair asks of Samantha, "Uh... magic?"

Noah says, "Not yet, it -will- be added."

Siraina trails off, "Granted, i've taken an identity change before and wondered why people who'd known me for years didn't know my voice or my mannerisms..."

Kinaed claims, "To me, magic is the only reasonable method to fully change one's appearance. Disguise is a second possibility, but should require constant work to non-magically become someone new."

Noah states, "Renames sans magic are -awfully- hard to explain."

Azarial claims, "There's only so much we can do with the code in that regard."

Noah nods at Kinaed.

Lakali says, "I believe if ya can tie it into a backstory etc. It should be allowed to be handled some extent IC."

Kinaed states, "And in both cases, it should be IC and reliant on IC activity."

Lakali says, "What Kin said."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes is honestly surprised renames are even allowed.

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "I'd be completely head-over-heels if there were multiple, tough, IC ways to do it. Demon deals, some super potion, a disguise skills for us mortals. I don't think it would lower the rate of reidents any, but at least it would be IC. I totally understand the bellyaching over it, too - one of the reasons I killed off Autumn was because the Order had just lost several mages into the wind and I felt bad - so yeah. Good guys need to win occasionally."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Kind've feels like an escape from your punishment for what you did."

Samantha claims, "Could you imagine the power required inorder actually manipulate a human body? I very much doubt singular mages now adays have that power... pre-consolidation i could believe"

Seija claims, "I did have concern for nonmages who want to change their identity. When I think rename I think more about actually going by another name, forging documents to say you're Bob from Wilhelm, not Tom from Talfore, that sort of thing. And I am hoping if and when disguise code comes in that someone could spend money and time crafting a new identity without also requiring magical adjustments."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "One that's really not that interesting."

Lakali says, "I like how it keeps a character's story alive."

Noah claims, "Renames can be great RP and you never really rename without losing -something-."

Noah claims, "Just needs to have a sufficient IC cost for the benefit."

Lakali claims, "Like, rather than rushing out and going 'Blaze of Glory' instead we can work for old vengeances, etc."

Kinaed says, "That reminds me, we should have the forge skill allow for rewriting papers."

Lakali says, "Because 50 QP is related only a bit vaguely to RP and not all of us are kinda able and build it up."

Lakali states, "I mean there's RP ways to get it, but."

Lakali says, "I think it should be more IC dependant."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes queries, "Do you write recommendations for good players?"

Noah states to Lakali, "It's already coming in."

Noah states to Lakali, "Just gotta be patient."

Lakali nods.

Kinaed states, "Staff usually don't - we wouldn't know who a good player is from a bad one. We have written one or two since recommends have come in for things like storytelling or going above and beyond, but they're very rare from staff."

Lakali states, "I recommend and get recommends, and still 50 QP is likely more than I've had at one point."

Albrecht is idle.

Samantha has lost link.
Samantha has reconnected.

Lakali wears a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers over his face.

Siraina claims, "I have a lot, but i've been hoarding it for 2.5 years"

A man wearing a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers pulls up his cloak, hiding his identity.

Kinaed states, "I'm actually a bit concerned about the general spread of QP and worry we have too many places people earn them automatically."

A person wearing a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers with a buttoned waistcoat of rust red velvet lined in black silk claims, "I can just do this all day."

A person wearing a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers with a buttoned waistcoat of rust red velvet lined in black silk grins.

A person wearing a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers with a buttoned waistcoat of rust red velvet lined in black silk removes a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers from their face.
A person wearing a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers with a buttoned waistcoat of rust red velvet lined in black silk stops using a half-mask of dusted silk with a cluster of cheek feathers.

Casimir says to Kinaed, "Probably a discussion for another time - because I could go on, and on, about QPs and why I should get more. =P"

Lakali drops his hood, revealing his face.

Lakali flips a buttoned waistcoat of rust red velvet lined in black silk back over his shoulder.

Kinaed says, "That said, it hasn't proven to be a ridiculous problem yet. Most QP uses are subtle."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "I've only earned about 10 in the last month and a half or so. I wouldn't say automatically we get too much tbh."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "I know Emma managed to get like 40 in that time though."

Noah states, "The -maximum- earnable automatically is quite high, but the average isn't, I think."

Casimir muses to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "Have you -seen- that girl's prose?"

Lakali claims, "It's just Lakali's story is my main focus, and if I plan to play him again I can't get into another character."

Casimir states to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "It's like reading an Anne Rice novel."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "I came to the game with the girl Cas. Been rping with her for years =)"

Albrecht is no longer idle.

Siraina states, "Bleh. i'm off :/"

Siraina begins to descend.

Siraina leaves down.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, our time is up folks."

Kinaed queries, "Kay, can you make it quick?"

Casimir states to a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes, "I'm absolutely ecstatic you're both here, and if I can make your time more entertaining by throwing Casimir off a roof or something, just ask."

Kinaed states, "Then Noah, and no one else."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair muses, "Alright. I wanna finish this story, because it got off the time track, real easy because of things that happened both oocly and icly. But, I am seeing if anyone would be willing to help me. For the last scene, I am going need someone to help me desc out a medium sized area, because I suck at it, and I will also need a few objects desc'd out. If anyone is willing to help me, send me a tell after? *passes torch to Noah*"

Lakali just debates bringing Lakali back to the city as a super-villian.

Kinaed says, "I can offer the player builder account to support Kaylynn's request."

Noah states, "I just wanted to plug the purchse wealth idea on the forum for more staff and player consideration."

Noah says, "I've long loved the idea of buying -income-, not a set lump sum."

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Noah says, "That was it. *grin* (ps: come to Yule)"

Casimir states to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair, "If you need room descs drawn up, I'd be happy to flex my builder muscle! They're getting old."

Kinaed states, "I think it's appropriate, I just need to talk to staff to see what, if anything, it might break."

Noah states, "Sweeeet."

Lakali says, "Not to mention that Mage is closed for new characters which kinda suuuucks."

Samantha has lost link.
Samantha has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "We should open it again, mages have slipped from 45% to 18% of the active pbase."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair nods to Casimir, "Thanks D"

Noah states, "18%?! Whoah."

Samantha muses, "Open what again?"

Lakali says, "Mage."

Azarial says, "Latents are open"

Kinaed says, "Now mages are."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. queries, "SO I CAN BE A LANTENT MAGE?"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes asks, "Mage is closed for new characters wut?"

Karrina claims, "No wonder we knights have not been getting much business."

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. asks, "Now?"

Lakali says, "Which take extremely incredibly hard chance to be awakened... Or 50 QP."

Samantha says, "Oh that.."

Lakali lol.

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair muses to Kinaed, "You should awaken all latents, that might help?"

Azarial claims, "But if you already have two, you won;t have the option"

Noah states, "It's not that hard to get awakened in-game. It's just dangerous."

Kinaed claims to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair, "We often do when we swap this."

Casimir states to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair, "So yeah, pnote me some room ideas and I can expand on them if you need."

Karrina trails off, "Another Magebane Aurora..."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, everyone - thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat. Looking forward to seeing all of you next week!"

Lakali declares, "Thanks!"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Wouldn't mind having the Manus around."

Casimir states, "As a note, I personally think 18% is a good, round number. Knights can go hunt heretics and do less-combaty-Knight stuff."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "For that sake"

Kinaed muses to Karrina, "Happy to stick around a few to talk shop about Knights?"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. pontificates, "NOOOOOO! I WANT MORE OOC CHAT!"

Lakali claims, "Ngh."

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair claims to Casimir, "I will once I have time, probably tomorrow, Bf's rents are on the way for dinner, and I only jumped on for the chat :D"

Casimir queries to Kinaed, "Oooh. Can I come?"

Lakali wonders, "Can I stay and talk Knight?"

Casimir declares to a pale, lithe female with fiery hair, "No problem!"

Kinaed states to Casimir, "Sure."

Karrina nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims to Lakali, "Sure."

Noah says, "Can I also stay and talk Knight a bit til I go? Mostly listen, not talk, I'll probably be afk."

Lakali says, "Lakali was one."

Lakali nods.

Karrina hugs Casimir.

Kinaed nods at Noah.

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's throw the rest back into the game."

Samantha asks, "Can i join in the chat as well since my alt is a knight?"

Samantha states, "Or retired knight to be exact"

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. begins to descend.

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

An onyx-hairred, tall, Farin man. limps down.

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair states, "I would love to join the chat, being a knight and all, but I gtg. Love y'al. *hugs all around*"

Lakali muses, "D-list characters don't register as Mages right?"

Lakali waves!

A pale, lithe female with fiery hair has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Noah trails off to Samantha, "My last Knight died like 7 IC years ago, so if -I- get to stay..."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Seija has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred you.

• Information