Log of OOC Meeting 10/25/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have a specific topic or two they want to raise to make sure we talk about it this session?"

Kinaed says, "Staff will make an effort to keep their updates brief for the sake of focusing on player discussion."

Nedyra puts away this week's novel.

Kinaed states, "I'll take the silence for 'no one has any additional topics... yet.' Please chime in if anything comes to mind."

Kinaed says, "I'll kick off the updates."

Kinaed says, "Last week, I gave Az the Plot Command spec, spent a bit of time cleaning boards, and raised a request to make the moons auto-balance for any spell for three days on Magebane (but alas, you'll have to wait for next Magebane before it will kick in)."

Jocelyn le Decori declaims, "Oh that's neat!"

Kinaed claims, "I've collected Ariel's Ranged Weapons spec - it's a good one - and will hand it over to Az after he completes two tasks:

- Plot Command
- Addition of a new spell, Rebirth"

Kinaed nods at Jocelyn le Decori.

Kinaed says, "My focus is now turning towards a plot command extension so that players can log in, see what plots are on, and just pick them up to play."

Karrina ab Vazien muses, "Can we get the down low on the new spell?"

Kinaed nods at Karrina ab Vazien.

Kinaed says, "Basically, it will replace renaming. No longer will players go to staff to get a rename for QP, instead they can just get it done ICly."

Kinaed states, "The mage enters a polca to write up the new description, etc."

Jocelyn le Decori claims, "Oooo, that sounds neat! It should hurt too."

Kinaed claims, "Then they give a potion to the target player to drink."

Bryce muses to Kinaed, "When does this one take effect?"

Kinaed says, "Then they release the spell on the player."

Jocelyn le Decori thinks everything should hurt clearly.

Kinaed claims to Bryce, "It will be awhile, I think."

Zeita von Zarrova exclaims to Jocelyn le Decori, "Childbirth for everyone!"

say oh yeah. since is it is free, is there a chance of deeeaaaaaath with it? because of horrible magic stuff? or some permanent harm?

Albrecht muses, "Oh yeah. since is it is free, is there a chance of deeeaaaaaath with it? because of horrible magic stuff? or some permanent harm?"

Jocelyn le Decori grins at Zeita von Zarrova.

Kinaed says, "There's a bit of work that goes into it. Anyway, when they cast the spell on the player who has taken the potion, the player will be overlaid with a new idenity. And yes, it's painful. And yes, there is a chance of death."

Gerolf von Stewart makes a note of more things to ban outright....

Kinaed says, "Basically, casting this spell will reduce the player's constitution."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "Awesome."

Karrina ab Vazien muses, "His cap along with his current score?"

Kinaed claims, "The lower your constitution, the higher your chance of death. If your constitution is under 35, you do not want this spell cast on you. "

Kinaed claims, "Mages can't go around casting it on people offensively, however, at least not without a lot of preparation, etc."

Jocelyn le Decori chuckles.

Kinaed says, "Cap and current score both are reduced."

say so there is an effective limit on number of uses

Albrecht says, "So there is an effective limit on number of uses"

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

say will staff meathods of renaming still be available?

Albrecht muses, "Will staff meathods of renaming still be available?"

say for non mages lol

Albrecht states, "For non mages lol"

say with QP

Albrecht says, "With QP"

Kinaed says to Albrecht, "No."

Bryce muses to Kinaed, "Will the spell or whatever also take a piece from the caster as well? showing the price it takes for the spell?"

Jocelyn le Decori states, "Oh wow."

say oh wow really? no changing your identity through non magical means of disguise and what not?

Albrecht asks, "Oh wow really? no changing your identity through non magical means of disguise and what not?"

Kinaed states, "The reason we're creating this spell is that we don't really like renaming in its current form. It's really easy to come to us, drop a pack of QP and walk away from all of your problems."

Kinaed states to Bryce, "No, there's no damage or anything for the caster."

Kinaed states to Albrecht, "Not for long term purposes like a re-identity."

Gerolf von Stewart declaims, "Oh man Haeva is NOT going to like this! "

Gerolf von Stewart claims, "I on the other hand, love it"

Kinaed wonders to Gerolf von Stewart, "Why not?"

Nedyra states, "Call it an insentive to always keep a closet mage in your back pocket if you plan to screw up."

Nedyra grins.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, that's the intent for that. And that's my update. :)"

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial states, "Bugs, plots."

Kinaed claims, "Az's attention has been entirely on bug squashing (so stuff you wouldn't notice) and the Plot Command."

Karrina ab Vazien plans to die like the knight she is after get a 100% rec level.

Kinaed wonders, "Any questions for Az, or...?"

Kinaed has transferred a pale lass with dark blue eyes. [OOC]

A diminutive Vandagan male has lost link.

Nedyra gives a straw man wearing a plain magebane mask to a pale lass with dark blue eyes.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll take the silence to mean... Nedyra, you're up."

Nedyra claims, "I plan to start converting some of the old woodworking eq to new recipes this week."

Nedyra states, "Once I have that done, there'll be room for new things."

Nedyra says, "This'll also mean some rebalancing of, well, pretty much everything."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Nedyra says, "The auction house is probably also going to get itself a significant makeover. Including... real estate auction 2.0. sort of."

Kinaed claims, "I've heard that some of the crafts are hard to pool, don't have enough recipes, etc."

Nedyra says, "Help file on that incoming. tonight or tomorrow."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Yay for auction."

Karrina ab Vazien drools over a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair. "Mmmm...woodworking...

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair queries, "Everything for woodworking, or everything on all the trades?"

Kinaed states, "I want to put up polls on the forums for each of the crafts to get a sense for what needs adjusting."

Kinaed states to a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair, "Just woodworking at the moment."

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair nods.

Nedyra says to a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair, "I'm just working on woodworking for right now. the other crafts are pretty evenly divided."

Kinaed claims, "But we have the appetite to review them all."

Zeita von Zarrova has thoughts for chandlery.

Kinaed wonders to Nedyra, "Anything else to add?"

Nedyra says, "We have new blog content on the website. And more coming."

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Nedyra points at emma. "Thank you!"

Nedyra says, "If you want one for you, help blog."

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair claims, "I'll admit that I noticed it costs less to buy blacksmithing ingots outright than it does to make them."

Bryce should make a blog.

Nedyra exclaims, "There's QP in it!"

Nedyra states, "And on that note... I'm done."

Kinaed states to a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair, "That's the sort of thing I'd like to know."

Nedyra states, "Oh, also: donate! Because advertising meand new players! ... *now* I'm done."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, there's the end of our Staff Updates. Nedyra said he may have to drop out early because tonight is his gaming night. Let's see... Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed wonders, "How's RP folks?"

say cray

Albrecht claims, "Cray"

Kinaed queries to Albrecht, "... that's a good thing, right?"

Bryce nods to Kinaed, " Good. Though I'll have to be more careful with what I do from now on."

Karrina ab Vazien states to a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair, "It will cost roughly the same if you woodcut near a river. Plus raising your haggling up does help mitigate those costs."

Kinaed comforts Bryce.

Karrina ab Vazien states, "Been interesting. I actually caught Leech off-guard today with RP."

Kinaed grins at Karrina ab Vazien.

Zeita von Zarrova states, "I had an interesting first half of the rp week and then very quiet second half due to RL."

Kinaed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "Something surprised him? Amazing."

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair claims, "It costs less to buy the ingots than it does to buy the stuff to make them Karrina. Haggling wouldn't change that."

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair says, "This week seems to be bumping rpwise."

Kinaed questions, "In general, are people happy that things are running along well? Is there anything staff could be doing to make things better?"

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair ponders.

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes states, "I think it's been going spectacularly, myself."

Kinaed claims to a fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes, "That's awesome to hear."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes states, "I'm just happy i remembered my password finally -_-"

Kinaed grins at a pale lass with dark blue eyes.

Jocelyn le Decori grins.

say it's been going pretty well. And man new characters I haven't met. I need to get out and meet more people!

Albrecht declaims, "It's been going pretty well. And man new characters I haven't met. I need to get out and meet more people!"

Nedyra says to a pale lass with dark blue eyes, "Not nearly as happy as we are to have you."

Nedyra grins.

Kinaed smiles at Albrecht.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, well if that's it for Player Heartbeat... Player Topics! (my favorite part of the meeting!)"

Kinaed wonders, "What's on people's minds?"

Karrina ab Vazien asks, "First off, are the Knights granted funding besides charity?"

Kinaed says to Karrina ab Vazien, "The Order historically has paid them."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Crown used to pay them a stack as well, before things.. changed."
Kinaed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "So Gerolf should be buying your armor, etc. Well, historically."

Kinaed questions to Gerolf von Stewart, "Do you have the appetite for that?"

Kinaed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "You may want to ask Ariel ICly as well."

Karrina ab Vazien chuckles. "Currently the Knights has more in its coffers than the Order."

Zeita von Zarrova ponders buying out the Knights.

Kinaed claims to Karrina ab Vazien, "Do they? Hmm."

Karrina ab Vazien nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "I'll turn a blind eye since I had no idea and wouldn't have if it weren't for your honesty."

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes claims, "I was curious if it might be possible to use the split command with perfume to separate them into single-use vials or bottles. Samples, so to speak."
Nedyra claims to Kinaed, "They had money from pre-split. I thought you knew, as it'd been there forever."

Kinaed claims, "But to answer your question most specifically, there is no coded method for Knights to get money."

Kinaed says to Nedyra, "Nah."

Gerolf von Stewart states, "Sorry I turned away for a moment, I would if I had gold. The Order be broke yo."

Karrina ab Vazien wonders, "Can you affect the transfer of the 1300 back tot he order?"

Zeita von Zarrova says to a fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes, "That would be extremely handy."

Kinaed says to a fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes, "I don't think it works now, but that's a good idea. Writing it down."

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes nods to Zeita von Zarrova.

Nedyra states to Karrina ab Vazien, "Yep."

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "And how about being able to direct yells in one direction? Had some funny RP going on the day before with the yells."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Was suggested before, but think it got lost in the mix."

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes states, "Full perfumes are expensive and rightly so. If you could purchase samples to try them out it would be great. Could bring in more revenue for perfumers too."

Kinaed states to Karrina ab Vazien, "I can write that down as a good idea to implement too"

A pale lass with dark blue eyes muses, "I've been thinking about something. when the order or knights confiscate stuff from mages/heretics, is there a way to de-mage it and then sell it?"

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Or even combine to make a mega huge perfume bottle that I can split off pieces of as needed."

Kinaed asks of a pale lass with dark blue eyes, "De-mage it?"

Nedyra says to Karrina ab Vazien, "Funds transferred."

Kinaed states to Zeita von Zarrova, "Hmm, may need a max size then."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes asks, "Errr, i guess do some kind of cleansing so that they know it's safe? i'm just thinking about what the reeves do and wonder if the order/knights can do the same with mages/heretics"

Kinaed nods at a pale lass with dark blue eyes.

Gerolf von Stewart questions, "Ok, I am lost. Why did we, the Clergy get money? I thought the Knights were the ones who needed it?"

Bryce says, "Icly even if it would be 'de-maged' I don't think the order would try to re-sell it since it's been contaminated."

Zeita von Zarrova would happily give free perfume samples if they were a single dose. Quiets now, as the topic has moved on.

Kinaed says, "I think that would require some sort of magic, etc. They might cleanse it with a blessing and sell it if there's nothing obvious on it, but it'd be a bit strange for Orderites to actually be able to strip magic without having magic of their own."

Kinaed says, "Actually, mage ashes destroy magic."

Kinaed claims, "They might have a ceremony that involves sprinkling ash on things."

Jocelyn le Decori has to go grocery.. "Can I get out?"

Nedyra claims to Gerolf von Stewart, "The order typically gets 30% of some financial transactions. Represents the tithing that should be going on."

Kinaed claims to Gerolf von Stewart, "The clergy got money because they tithe."

Jocelyn le Decori has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Karrina ab Vazien states to Gerolf von Stewart, "Plus we got more than you do, so didn't need the funds from the Order coffers."

Gerolf von Stewart questions, "Right... had we not been getting our cut?"

Kinaed states, "If everyone is happy to, I'd love to chat about the Knights Guild."

Karrina ab Vazien whimpers a little.

Zeita von Zarrova is happy to talk about Knights.

Kinaed states, "I've seen on the forums that some people think the Reeves need fleshing out, but I don't think they're well represented in this meeting."

say oh boy lol

Albrecht claims, "Oh boy lol"

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair states, "I doubt anyone would ever purchase the stuff, even if the order said it was cleansed."

Kinaed says, "Well, firstly, there's this sense on the forums that people want staff to clarify a few things about each guild, and lock them in as unchanging."

Kinaed states, "Can I check that people really want us to do that? It seems like the response was overwhelmingly yes."

Kinaed states, "But it surprised me a bit, that the appetite was so high for staff to dictate things in that space."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes claims, "For my own self, i just get so tired of things changing between justiciar to justiciar, etc"

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair rather likes the idea of GLs being able to influence the Guilds directions himself but feels there should be some stuff that doesn't change since it's integral to the guild itself.

Bryce says to Kinaed, "I could get behind that, I remember as the EM I was supposed to sit down and re-write several helpfiles to help define the Knights when I took over, it didn't make much sense to me."

say I think it is just that... some things about guilds should be set in stone, they are the history and traditions of the guild. leave some wiggle room for people to put their mark, but we shouldn't be reinventing the wheel each new GL

Albrecht states, "I think it is just that... some things about guilds should be set in stone, they are the history and traditions of the guild. leave some wiggle room for people to put their mark, but we shouldn't be reinventing the wheel each new GL"

A pale lass with dark blue eyes nods at a swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair.

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "And sometimes I feel that people do not like the fact that when I was GL I do not like to reinvent the wheel."

Zeita von Zarrova muses, "See, I had thought a lot of guild stuff had been strictly defined and locked in when we started... but that has frayed around the edges from GL to GL. Guess it was defined but not locked?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm thinking of fixing these items:

- Overall mythos, so "HELP KNIGHTS" for example
- Ranks, literally the list of ranks, what they do, and what is required to be promoted to them
- Ceremonies, special events the guild has

... and doing that for all guilds."

Kinaed states, "Does that seem right, or is there something you think we ought not to focus on."

Kinaed queries, "Or something missing?"

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Yes please. Do that."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Happy to volunteer my time for assisting as needed."

Kinaed states, "Under Ranks, by 'what they do' I specifically mean 'what their authority is'"

Kinaed wonders, "Everyone else happy with that?"

Zeita von Zarrova is assuming that Staff will be consultative with players through the process?

say that sounds really good. I think maybe promotion requirements can be fudged a little bit, but the core aspects of them should remain the same

Albrecht states, "That sounds really good. I think maybe promotion requirements can be fudged a little bit, but the core aspects of them should remain the same"

Bryce claims to Kinaed, "One of the biggest hurdles I've seen for ranks is the promotions, there is what icly makes sense, but isn't oocly practical."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes states, "Having been a GL several times in this game, THAT was one of the single most stressful things. it's why i refuse to take a GL thing ever lol"

Gerolf von Stewart claims, "I would like to see the ceremonies referenced in a public help file so that we can get some cross guild action going. Not just the Order/Knights but other combos."

Kinaed trails off, "I'm a bit torn between wanting to workshop each guild with its guild members and 'for the sake of time...'"

Kinaed nods at Bryce.

A diminutive Vandagan male is idle.

A pale lass with dark blue eyes queries, "Maybe do a pboard for ideas?"

Karrina ab Vazien states, "Best to workshop with the guild. This is something that is better to take time and do right rather than try and get something in quick."

Kinaed claims to a pale lass with dark blue eyes, "What was the most stressful thing about being a GL? I'm sorry, my brain didn't follow what you were saying."

Kinaed states, "A board could do it. We also have forum threads."

Kinaed says, "And I think threads on forums are nice, but tend to meander a bit, and often what is agreed isn't clear."

say Yeah. Since we would want this to be set in stone, workshopping with the guild and maybe past guild members would be good

Albrecht claims, "Yeah. Since we would want this to be set in stone, workshopping with the guild and maybe past guild members would be good"

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

say so like say zeita doesn't have a knight now, but you said she did before, so would be good with input

Albrecht states, "So like say zeita doesn't have a knight now, but you said she did before, so would be good with input"

Zeita von Zarrova has done everything, man.

A pale lass with dark blue eyes says, "Sorry, i was kind of on the tail end of the idea. the most stressful thing was just figuring out what everybody was actually supposed to be DOING. there was no hard direction, so when it came to RPing as tenebrae, i had no real idea how to direct people with their criminally RP"

Kinaed says, "Yeah, I suppose we'll need a representation from each guild for their own guild, and I don't have an issue with inviting outsiders - provided the guilds themselves are happy to open the guild for outsiders."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes asks, "Other than BIG things, ya know?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I get it."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, well... since the knights are here, immediately after this session, is there appetite to start on the knights?"

Karrina ab Vazien nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "I think I'll post a note about doing the Reeves next weekend after OOC Chat."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "I'll finish grilling my seekers afterwards."

Kinaed states, "And we can go guild by guild once per week."

Kinaed smiles.

Bryce nods to Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "We can invite the seekers to the meeting."

Kinaed claims, "That said, I do have some things on today, so I'm going to have to limit the meeting to an hour."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, anything else we want to chat about this morning?"

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes asks, "Did something happen this morning?"

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "Kinaed is in australia, it is morning for her."

A fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes says, "Ohhh"

Kinaed states to a fair-complected brunette with heavy-lashed eyes, "Not that I'm aware of, but I literally just woke up, logged in, checked notes, then kicked off the OOC Chat."

Kinaed states, "Oh! Yeah, it's 9:42 AM on Sunday here."

Kinaed says, "Okay, well, let me bring something up."

Kinaed claims, "Plot command."

Kinaed wonders, "Who is familiar with the spec?"

say I read it a while ago?

Albrecht muses, "I read it a while ago?"

Kinaed has created Plot Commands Specification[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)Plot Commands Specification

Kinaed claims, "Have a look if anyone is interested."
Kinaed says, "As you know, staff are going to move to a reactive system where players can indicate they are advancing a plot (which staff will kick off with IC_Event posts once a month)."

Bryce gets Plot Commands Specification.

Kinaed says, "When players advance it, we will reward them immediately and breathe some world life into the plot. For example, if you invade Southside, staff might post up rumors, increase or decrease mob counts, etc."

Kinaed says, "Just a random example."

A swarthy vavardian man with dark curly hair states, "Mmmm southside invasion"

A pale lass with dark blue eyes looks at a book in her hands.

Kinaed claims, "The extension I'm planning to add is to allow people to type something and get a 'list of plots that are currently on' - and maybe see a 'What's On' list of plots on login."

Kinaed says, "So that people kind of know what to look for."

Kinaed claims, "And can jump right in."

A pale lass with dark blue eyes looks at a book in her hands.

Kinaed says, "In part, we're sort of seeing this a bit like a timeline or something."

Karrina ab Vazien muses, "Could the list also show what is currently getting activity and what is not?"

Kinaed says to Karrina ab Vazien, "That's a good idea. I'll see if there's a way I can do that."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyway, I'm sort of wondering how this might be handled. What would be best?"

Kinaed states, "I'm sort of considering if we ought to remove the IC_Event board and instead put everything into this plot system."

Kinaed trails off, "Afterall, IC_Events are just flat text posts. If we put them all into a plot system, that's indexable, can have hidden or open entries with responses, etc..."

Kinaed trails off, "People can look up history, easily get rewards for acting on things..."

Bryce doesn't like that idea, " The ic event board helps with saying what has happened to people that have disappeared for no reason."

Albrecht states, "I think that the IC events board is useful for IC announcements and such as well. there are going to be places where they overlap, but times where it might be more suitable to have the ic_events board"

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

Karrina ab Vazien states, "It is like our daily news."

Kinaed claims, "Good points."

Kinaed claims, "We can also separate out the functionality there."

Kinaed states, "I am aiming to get to a "Timeline" out of the plot system though."

Gerolf von Stewart says, "That could be fun."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I'd like to see it."

Kinaed states, "I'm sort of wondering if there's any time period it would be safe to 'declassify' the things people did in ancient plots, but I'm concientious that it might never be appropriate."

Albrecht trails off, "Given teh age of some of our characters... I worry because yeah it might not be appropriate for some of them"

Zeita von Zarrova states, "I'd be annoyed if you declassified something I did."

Kinaed claims, "I'd be more likely to require the character be dead, and a certain time have passed, but it's really just a minor thing."

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "It would be awesome if we could go and find the history of things that happen about 50 years ago."

Kinaed wonders to Zeita von Zarrova, "Really? Isn't there a period in history where you'd stop being annoyed? Like if Charmaine's plans were released... you'd care?"

Zeita von Zarrova says to Kinaed, "Possibly. There are still characters alive from that time. Declassifying could have knock-on impacts today."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "But, I think I misunderstood what you had originally meant to an extent, so not against it so much."

Kinaed claims, "I'm aware of that, which is why it seems messy. I'm just surprised that you said you would be somehow unhappy for an old, long dead, character's plot info to be released. But, no worries, it's just a 'wow that would be cool' sort of thing that I'm not deeply desirous of doing."

Gerolf von Stewart says, "I think it would have to be something that was "Discovered" and then it could be RPed if it was exposed. (My overly complicated opinion)"

Kinaed nods at Gerolf von Stewart.

A pale lass with dark blue eyes states, "As long as there's the requirement the chars involved be dead/definitely gone, i'm fine. talya and leesa, for example, are still supposedly alive, but they're definitely gone"

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, we can look at that if it ever seems appropriate."

Kinaed exclaims, "I still want a timeline!"

Zeita von Zarrova muses, "I'd like to see all players involved greenlight, I guess?"

Kinaed claims, "I think it will bring the world alive somewhat."

Kinaed says to Zeita von Zarrova, "As much as is practicable."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Some secrets should remain buried because they were buried effectively."

Kinaed trails off, "But for the sake of what we're actually focused on..."

Zeita von Zarrova nods.

Kinaed trails off, "Making plots that people can get involved in visible to players to invite them to jump in..."

Kinaed states, "What might that look like? I was thinking perhaps the staff introduction being stored somewhere, then maybe any visible 'things that have developed thus far'."

Kinaed states, "So perhaps the plot would have a title:

The Mad Mage
- A mage has been running around the city leaving glowing flowers at the doorsteps of Priests
- The Cardinal has proclaimed everyone is to stay away from doorsteps, and enter by windows instead.
- A plot reaction that's hidden won't be seen by anyone."

Albrecht states, "Well you were talking about having a staffer possibly 'manage' the city events stuff before yes? perhaps after people have affected it, if something happens from players doing stuff, the staffer managing it can post a 'update' thing. with something new happening without you know actually revealing what the players did, just the outcome and however much would be involved in it"

Kinaed says, "So a person logs in, sees the Mad Mage title under "What's On""

A diminutive Vandagan male has left the game.

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

Kinaed claims, "That's the intent."

Kinaed trails off, "If we add Karrina's suggestion, maybe it would have some numbers..."

Kinaed says, "Example:

The Mad Mage (3 Responders)
- A mage has been running around the city leaving glowing flowers at the doorsteps of Priests
- The Cardinal has proclaimed everyone is to stay away from doorsteps, and enter by windows instead.

Kinaed claims, "Example:

The Mad Mage (3 Responders), the story thus far:

Bryce wonders to Kinaed, "What if the window is to high for us to get into?"

Kinaed muses, "Is it too much, too little?"

Bryce wonders to Kinaed, "Would the dark part show up like that, or be invisible?"

Karrina ab Vazien states, "A short blurb about what people have done is good. Though you shouldn't show the dark grey one."

Albrecht says, "I don't thinkw e should include the number of responders. hidden actions would reveal that people are doing things behind the scenes and that can lead to some oocness. not that I think anyone would intentionally do it, but we are human and sometimes you have to plan around the human element"

Kinaed says to Bryce, "Then you can respond to the plot by RPing about that fact, and then do a plot advance to tell us what Bryce has been RPing with people on the topic."

Bryce agrees with Karrina ab Vazien.

Kinaed claims, "Oh, I wasn't intending to show that, was just saying that 'there are people who we wouldn't show'"

A pale lass with dark blue eyes states, "My only concern is if somebody doesn't know or isn't involved and then doesn't obey a wide-ranging thing"

Albrecht states, "Sorry my misunderstanding"

Kinaed says, "I think the number of responders is a good idea though."

Kinaed claims to Albrecht, "No worries, it wasn't well clarified."

Kinaed declaims, "Oh, OOC Chat time is up!"

A pale lass with dark blue eyes claims, "K"

Kinaed says, "If you have any thoughts on this, please contact us."

Kinaed states, "Really sorry to cut off the discussion, but as I mentioned, I'm on a schedule today. I'll do the Knight chat immediately after though."

• Information