Kinaed is here. [App: 5]

Kinaed has transferred a fair haired Lithmorran man. [OOC]

Aidan tells you, "Sounds good to me"

Kinaed has transferred Maxwell. [OOC]

Maxwell flexes.

Kinaed has transferred Honor. [OOC]

[Action: Maxwell is here, holding up the ceiling.]

Kinaed has transferred Samantha. [OOC]

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: If there's anyone who would like to come to the OOC Chat that I skipped, please send me a tell.

Kinaed has transferred a young, copper-haired man. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Tomas. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Aios. [OOC]

A young, copper-haired man waves a lazybtwo finger salute. "Greetin's all."

Kinaed says, "We have a few minutes, so please feel free to chat. :)"

A small arctic fox darts past you, then pauses and grins. Nine tails flutter behind her as she stands and becomes Azarial. [OOC]

Samantha smiles to Kinaed "Nice to see you back kinaed."

Maxwell claims, "'ey, y'all."

The sky crackles with the effects of chain lightning. It strikes the ground, then comes together to form Nedyra. [OOC]

A fair-haired, dainty girl with large blue eyes pontificates, "Hi!"

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Thanks. :)"

Gerolf says, "Sup guys"

Maxwell asks, "How we all doin'?"

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "That's a rather ominous entrance Nedyra"

You tell Kinaed, "Need a scribe?"

Nedyra states, "I try."

Kinaed states, "Daylight savings hit here, we lost an hour, and I went to bed at 4am. :)"

Kinaed tells you, "Sure."

You reply to Kinaed, "Will do"

Kinaed tells you, "Thank you."

Samantha asks, "Does that mean the meeting will start being earlier?"

Kinaed states, "I think Daylight Savings for the US hits in about 2 weeks, and things get all whacky then. For the moment, I can still make it at this time."

A young, copper-haired man has an apologetic tone to his voice. "If it takes e a bit to respond to anything, I apologize. Cooking dinner."

Kinaed says, "Where I usually get thrown is that I don't know when the US one hits or what the new time difference is."

Azarial muses, "I think november this year?"

Gaggable keepalive command.

Nedyra claims, "Beats me."

Azarial claims, "They;ve started messing around. won;t surprise me to see more areas get fed up and decree they won;t use it."

Samantha nods to Kinaed "Well that makes sense... and november 2nd."

Karrina says, "It has been rather short for us these past few years."

Tomas questions, "But.... what about the harvest?"

Gerolf states, "It is a stupid practice anyway"

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "November 2nd is the US"

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "We move back an hour"

Azarial states to Tomas, "Headlights."

Nedyra votes to eliminate all timezones and be done with it. **cough*

Maxwell says, "Pshaw."

Maxwell says, "I for one like Daylights savings time."

Maxwell wonders, "...We get an extra hour back, right?"

Karrina states to Nedyra, "Timezones are understandable, but we should have a global Daylight savings time so that people don't get messed up."

Aios claims, "We don't even have a consistent -national- daylight savings."

Dancing creatures of myth and distant singing herald Xinoe's arrival. [OOC]

Xinoe waves.

Samantha trails off, "Maxwell, personally i don't see how putting out clocks back actually gives us an hour... I mean it's just not possible to mess with the law of time and gain time"

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Karrina.

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to a fair-haired, dainty girl with large blue eyes.

Nedyra says to Karrina, "We're becoming more and more a 24/7 world these days. You're as likely to get hold of someone in India working the night shift as you are someone on what you'd consider business hours anymore."

Xinoe gives you a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien.

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to a fair haired Lithmorran man.

A fair haired Lithmorran man asks, "Time is relative to the person observing it?"

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Maxwell.

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Honor.

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Samantha.

Aios claims to Samantha, "It's about how much daylight is in the workday. Of course, in places like Alaska that doesn't really have the same effect."

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to a young, copper-haired man.

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Tomas.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, okay, so."
Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Aios.

Kinaed claims, "Gerolf has kindly offered to be our Scribe today."

Gerolf holds applauds Karrina while showing off his token

Kinaed has awarded you 1 QP: Scribe

Samantha throws a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien much like captain america... except oh wait it doesn't come back

Kinaed states, "As it's now that time, let's get started."

Kinaed has awarded you 1 QP: On time attendance to the OOC Chat.

Tomas stops using a wooden bowl of hearty stew, flavored with wild herbs.
Tomas holds a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien in his hand.

Tomas stops using a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien.

Xinoe claims to Tomas, "No sparring with Karrina shields."

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
-Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda to make sure we discuss it today?"

Maxwell holds a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien in his hand.

Maxwell stops using a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, with the several moments of silence, I'll assume that's a no regarding adding to the agenda, and I'll kick off the updates."

Kinaed says, "Last week, I don't think I did much other than review posts on the Request and Changed Board to try to make sure help file requests were complete. Next week - Ranged Combat is still my prime focus, but with the new job starting, a process that was already slow is even slower. I'd like to apologize to everyone that you've been waiting for so long, but reiterate that it is the next spec I intend to write."

Kinaed says, "That's it for me; Azarial, you're up."

Karrina mutters behind Xinoe, "I'm not that flexible or durable."

Azarial states, "Woooo! bugs. some crashes."

Kinaed has transferred Cellan. [OOC]

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Cellan.

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Anything to add? I don't think you're working on a major spec at the moment, right?"

Azarial states, "Thriwiung."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "Doesn't just drop in like the others."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Thanks."

Kinaed states, "... for translation, that was 'Throwing'."

Azarial claims, "Guh. grabby needs r=to leavw kinsdle alone"

Kinaed states to Nedyra, "You're up."

Nedyra states, "Seasonality's still in the works. Woodworking's right behind it. I've got a pile of notes on each I'm hacking at in my spare time, of which I still have surprisingly a fair bit. Both are almost ready for me to start importing into the game proper. Other than that, I've got a guild migration that needs a doing. That's a project for this week. And that's me."

Kinaed smiles at Nedyra.

Kinaed states to Xinoe, "You're up, gorgeous."

Xinoe says, "The past week I logged:
2 typos fixed
4 requests finished
5 building jobs completed
? other things I forgot to mark down...

The other day I went through and adjusted all the phome rooms with some new flags. Then discovered the new flags weren't saving, so you might see me pop into your rooms for a moment today or tomorrow again. I've rebuilt the King's Forest rooms and should have the mobs set up in the next few days as well. I have submitted a first draft for crafting standards earlier today."

Xinoe says, "This week I plan to refine the standards draft as necessary and once it's accepted I'll begin work on a draft for Papercrafting. I'll try to hold a brainstorming session if there's interest once I start but in the meantime, you're all more than welcome to pnote or mail me ideas."

Tomas questions, "What are the new flags?"

Nedyra says, "Mostly flags for background administration, so we can find phome rooms easier."

Aios says, "Skull and crossbones."

A fair haired Lithmorran man states, "Death traps."

Nedyra states, "They may or may not branch out into new systems. But that's wayyy down the road."

Kinaed claims, "Oh, I watched the first episode of Inquisition, a 4-part documentary on The Inquisition, and told myself it was theme research."

Aios grins at Kinaed.

(visnet) Player Alsander: You forgot meee

Samantha smirks to kinaed "I did something similar with the pit and the pendulum, claiming it was job research

Kinaed claims, "Https://eztv.it/shows/1120/inquisition/"

Nedyra has transferred a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz. [OOC]
Kinaed has transferred a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz. [OOC]

Kinaed grins at Samantha.

Kinaed states, "I think that mostly wraps up staff updates."

Kinaed says, "I'm not entirely sure what Temi is working on, but I suspect something with crafts."

Samantha turns away blind at all the color of the new person

Kinaed says, "I know she finished flagging which herbalism and chandlery items were washable so people can use the wash command to take off, for example, perfume."

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz shimmers even brighter at Samantha.

Karrina says to a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz, "I got a pair of hose that you'll absolutely love."

Kinaed states, "So, next item on the agenda - Player Heartbeat! How's RP been this last week, folks? I see things appear to be picking up after our slump in September."

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz.

Kinaed has transferred Zeita. [OOC]

Samantha hisses and retreats to a corner.. while whispering "Really that is awesome." turns to Kinaed "RP has been... interesting and plotful."
A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz declares to Karrina, "Show me these hoes!"

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to Zeita.

Tomas says, "Yeah there was a lot of things going on"

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz coughs. "Hose."

Samantha smirks to a person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz "Is that what you really meant? Was it really a typo?"

Kinaed muses, "That's awesome to hear. Anything staff should or could be doing to help you guys out?"

Karrina says, "Yeah, especially since character did not wish to be EM, but she is going with the flow of things. Peer Pressure is grand for plot."

Karrina gets a fitted pair of woolen breeches on top of a colourful hose from a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Azarial is always avilabel to add more crocs.

Zeita waves hello.

Kinaed states, "I should announce - we are officially re-splitting the Order and Knights."

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz states, "YES"

Azarial states, "...and the RCS is alive and well. ouch."

Nedyra claims, "... Which is the migration I'm presently in the middle of. *cough*"

Samantha questions, "Rcs? what is that"

Tomas says, "I'm trying to figure out if all of the sick animals is due to player plot or people just forgetting to junk animals"

Kinaed states, "There should be no theme changes or anything, it's just a matter of getting all GLs up on the Guildleader command."

A fair haired Lithmorran man muses, "So does that mean the Knights are no longer part of the Order but their own entity that provides support IC or?"

Gerolf states, "Mommy and Daddy still love the kids but we have already discussed how we are going to split things"

Kinaed says to a fair haired Lithmorran man, "They never were 'part of the Order' thematically; we put them together to bring them closer together, reinforce theme a bit, bolster the Order's numbers, and particularly to share gnotes."

Karrina states, "The Knights are still part of the Order. Just codewise we will be separate."

Aios claims, "Yeah I thought they were -always- part of the Order, thematially."

Aios claims, "Just not codewise until the merge."

Honor claims, "Yeah, one of three branches of the Order."

Cellan claims, "Nope, my understanding was that it was a coded merger, not an IC one."

Kinaed claims, "Thematically, they always worked as the Order's strong arm."

Kinaed nods at Cellan.

Zeita states, "Always very closely tied but a seperate, independent body."

Kinaed nods at Zeita.

Cellan nods at Zeita.

Karrina wonders to Kinaed, "Is there a way that we can set up shared gnotes?"

Kinaed trails off to Karrina, "That's an Azarial question..."

Zeita says, "Other guilds could use that too, tbh."

Samantha seems to consider "So if there was a... war between the crown and order... knights would side with the order correct out of obligation and duty?"

Azarial says, "Mmm, nope. they;re not stored in a way that would allow that."

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz says, "Someone -really- needs to do that"

Kinaed's eyes drift to Azarial, "I don't imagine it'd be easy... but maybe if we could flag certain gnotes to be passed to other guilds across the board, then give all players a staff-like command to read the gnotes of other guilds that are flagged to have been shared with a guild they're in...?"

Zeita claims, "I always viewed the knights as a bridge between the church and crown. Foot in both camps that also helps keep them both honest."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Not necessarily."

Azarial states, "Not that easy, really."

Cellan claims, "Yeah, they have links to both the Crown and the Order, but their primary duty is to act as mage hunters for the Inquisition."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "We can discuss it offline."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed nods at Cellan.

Karrina claims, "I would imagine if such a thing would happen it would cause a schism in the Knight's ranks."

Kinaed says, "It's definitely their day to day job."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Kinaed says, "Thematically, it ought to."

Aios claims, "So say the helpfiles, anyway."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

[OOC] Ciara: "Chat pls?"

Kinaed has transferred a tall woman with sapphire blue eyes. [OOC]

Zeita claims, "I think if that happened (church/crown steel conflict) we'd have a lot of societal disorder going on everywhere. :)"

Kinaed nods at Zeita.

Zeita has already booked tickets to Tubor... just in case.

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz plots with Zeita on how to make this happen

A fair-haired, dainty girl with large blue eyes will be hiding in Zeita's luggage...

Kinaed states, "I sort of think we need to have a Q&A on theme to answer some of these age-old, we keep re-anwsering them, theme questions."

Tomas says, "Or post a faq"

Maxwell already has a ship ready to go to Tubor.

Nedyra says, "Or a theme FAQ that - yeah, what Tomas said."

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz states, "I personally wouldn't mind more 'rocking the boat' with theme"

A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes wonders, "Not that I'd question that Tubor is clearly the superior place to be, but why we shipping?"

Xinoe gives a shield token honoring the Earl Marshall Karrina ab Vazien to a tall woman with sapphire blue eyes.

A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes claims, "I mean, besides giving the bards a reason to sing 'On a boat'"

Samantha smirks to Zeita "You have a friend who has a boat, and has pina coladas on that boat... the trip to tubor would not be boring."

A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz removes a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow from his face.
A person wearing a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow with an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz stops using a mask crafted of a plethora of gemstones, making a rainbow.

A story runner opens an impossibly crafted cloak of sapphires, rubies, and topaz, revealing his identity.

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's Player Heartbeat. So glad to hear that things are picking up and people are having a blast."

A story runner was annoyed by his own gear lol

Kinaed questions, "Last - Player Topics. What's on your mind, folks? Anything you want to discuss?"

A story runner states to Kinaed, "Is the game-wide stories stilla thing >_>"

Kinaed queries to a story runner, "What do you mean?"

Honor states, "City events? I think it's still a thing, though the thread for suggesting ideas got hijacked."

Kinaed states, "Yes, it's definitely something I'm keen to do."

Samantha looks up to Kinaed "Oh kinaed, i do infact have a question i wanted to ask during your update, just could type fast enough.... How goes the status on Places spec?"

A story runner questions to Kinaed, "I assume that you will be more strict on the approvals, but I am sure you have some things a-brewin' in your head for the game, yes?"

Kinaed trails off to Samantha, "It's in the priority queue; I might actually ask Az to do that while I spec up ranged combat, because he's been focused mostly on crashes and bugs (he got us from around 160 bugs on the bug board early last month to under 100 this month... though I think we might have bumped up over 100 again)"

Kinaed asks, "Does anyone want a verbal walkthrough of where we're at with City Events, maybe?"

A fair-haired, dainty girl with large blue eyes says, "I'd like that very much."

Karrina claims to Kinaed, "Sure."

A story runner raises hand.

Kinaed smiles.

Samantha smiles to Kinaed "Ah good to know, just hadn't heard anything about it in a while."

A young, copper-haired man is idle.

A fair haired Lithmorran man states, "I'd thoroughly enjoy that"

Kinaed says, "Okay, right now, we do not have a spec for it, which means it isn't fleshed out. What we intend for it to be is a system similar to the pvent system - a player submits a city event, staff will come up with a few and put them in the queue. Once a month (that's what we're imagining at the moment, anyway), a city event will be rolled."

A young, copper-haired man is no longer idle.
A young, copper-haired man has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Staff members - and I'm not sure if it will be an existing staff member or one hired solely for that purpose, will raise an IC Event and let everyone know it's an official city event, whatever it is (Casmir had a hilarious one on the forums about STDs going around because of promiscuousness in the Vavardi foreign quarter, for example)."

Kinaed says, "The staff member who raises the IC event will also be responsible for creating a few goals for people of the city around that."

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "HAHAHAHAHA"

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "...sorry for the interruption with that"

A story runner asks, "So this would be that epidemics, and the increased crimes, and such. Will there be coded enforcement for these?"

Kinaed states, "Players will get a plot command where they can lodge RP actions that they've taken against the plot where that staff member will 'handle the back end' of making what people do come alive, and we'll reward plot advancement requests with Quest Points, money, or whatever else the request implies a person should get."

Kinaed nods at a story runner.

Kinaed claims, "I'm intending to make a staff member responsible to GM it."

Kinaed says, "I'm a bit nervous about that, though, so odn't get too excited, we might not go that route."

Kinaed states, "That's just where I'm at right now - let's say Vavardi are frisky and we have a lot of STDs."

Karrina states to Kinaed, "If you do, may I suggest that you higher a staffer whose sole job is to take care of those."

Kinaed claims, "A goal might be for the physicians guild to produce a lot of crotch balm, and the Order might have a goal to distribute it or something."

Kinaed nods at Karrina.

Kinaed declaims, "Players who RP about the plot can use the plot command to say "Hey Staff, I just made 50 lots of crotch balm and gave it to the Order!""

Samantha looks to Kinaed and smirks "Crotch balm... I want to see that on the concoct list."

A fair haired Lithmorran man wonders, "So for example...South Lithmore Riots?"

Zeita claims, "I think we need to quarantine the Vavardi."

Kinaed claims, "The plot advancement would be rewarded to the player on the spot, and the staff handler would 'bring it to life' by maybe putting up rumors, writing IC events, making a shipment apepar, whatever."

Samantha trails off, "We could also just kill anyone who is infected..."

Kinaed states, "Perhaps that might be a solution someone RPs for."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

A story runner giggles, "Dav's Crotch balm! Give that itch the salve, to be clean as Dav!"

Kinaed says, "They can put up a plot advancement against the City IC_Event staff post."

Samantha high-fives a story runner

Karrina claims, "Or a rather eager priest will go to each one that is showing signs of the illness and take confession."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, that's all I've got."

Kinaed states, "Casimir raised a great point on the forums, that it'd be great if players could handle all of that as a way of dispersing the workload."

Zeita claims, "I'm hopeful that it can be integrated into the general weft of the plot, rather than feeling apart from it."

Kinaed nods at Zeita.

Kinaed claims, "I hope so too."

Samantha gasps and turns to gerolf... if he is even here "You know that mass burning we have been talking about... I think I see a perfect time for it."

Kinaed says, "I'm just not sure how we can do that effectively; I think it's probably better in staff hands."

Honor claims, "I'm kinda partial to the concept. I got thrown off by the conversation on the thread but I'll go check it out again and suggest ideas."

Kinaed says, "I'm a bit leery of it being in staff hands, though, to be honest."

Kinaed states to Honor, "I'd much appreciate any feedback or ideas players can shove into that thread."

Gerolf declaims, "Samantha! That is an Excellent Idea!"

Zeita states, "I'm leery about it being solely with players, tbh. Guidance and overall vision would be good."

Kinaed claims, "We'll probably discuss the matter here in the OOC Chat quite a few times before we implement it as we get further along a path of what implementation might look like."

Kinaed nods at Zeita.

Xinoe claims, "Maybe as the idea is refined we'll find a sweet spot where it's a collaborative effort between players and staff."

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "Why not set it up like the rumor system. Stuff gets submitted and all you have to do is set an approval flag to make it show. Players add stuff to add or go against the general actions meant to 'fix' the problem or aid the public event."

Xinoe nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "I think it'd also ensure a higher quality, honestly. A lot of our players are brilliant, but some probably couldn't handle the role."

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "And at the end of the month a conclusion is given."

Kinaed wonders to a fair haired Lithmorran man, "You mean when the city event itself is rolled?"

A fair haired Lithmorran man states, "Yeah"

A fair haired Lithmorran man says, "It helps keep it out of your hands."

[Order] Aurther preps the fire "Yeah, we will burn away all your sin!"
A story runner muses to Honor, "Like the regency things?"

Kinaed nods at a fair haired Lithmorran man.

[Order] Karrina has her horse kick over a lamp causing a massive city fire.

Kinaed muses, "That'd probably be very helpful. Would people want to know that a Vavardi STD was rolled for next month, could you please help with ideas for it, or would you prefer not to know and just see it happening ICly though?"

[Order] Aurther: Well well, that works too

Karrina states, "Perhaps have it toggle similar to pvents."

Zeita states, "I want to see it happening ICly throughout, and have the event react to player actions."

Zeita claims, "And be a living breathing, rather than static thing hovering over there."

Kinaed states to Zeita, "I think we'd handle that with the 'plot' command."

Tomas claims, "I would rather see it happening. knowing before hand leads to people prepping for it and it doesn't have the same fun flow"

Kinaed states, "We might even integrate the plot command with an auto cnote so players don't have to write plot stuff AND cnote stuff"

A fair haired Lithmorran man says, "Also adds a bit of amusement when the handsy lover gets himself in trouble"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

[Order] Gerolf: As long as there is fire and dying mages, I am in!

[Order] Karrina: A lot of people will be dying. mages included.

Kinaed says, "Maybe I could re-open aides with the duty to assist staff in preppig the next month's event, and people could elect to be aides to aid the staff with the storyline."

A young, copper-haired man nods. "Surprises are better."

Kinaed states, "Prepping"

[Order] Gerolf: Even better. Grief is an excellent reason to return to the church

Kinaed wonders, "Any further questions or queries that you're interested in regarding City Events?"

Kinaed says, "Any feelings about whether or not it's a good or a bad thing for TI to eventuate to"

Kinaed questions, "?"

Zeita claims, "It is a good thing if done well."

A story runner says, "I think it would a great thing. Give an overall rp arc for us to work with, if we need an something for our alts to work on. "

Karrina has lost link.
Karrina has reconnected.

Kinaed states to Zeita, "That's a big if, and I hope we don't drop the ball there."

Honor says, "I'm excited by the prospect. I think it's hard to get too much behind it while it's all up in the air but I definitely think it has a lot of good potential."

Kinaed nods at Honor.

Kinaed claims, "I'll be honest, for me, there's trepidation."

A story runner muses to Kinaed, "Why?"

A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes is idle.

A fair-haired, dainty girl with large blue eyes says, "City Events sound awesome to me, personally."

Kinaed states, "One of the reasons I feel that the staff are liked so well on TI is that we have a MANDATE to stay the heck out of people's RP, not play sides, etc. That keeps our personal judgment about events far away from the IC world and lets players shine."

Maxwell is idle.

A fair haired Lithmorran man claims, "I love the idea of City Events. I'd just hope that everyone doesn't become too reliant on them to produce RP otherwise."

Kinaed says, "My main concern is that, no matter what we do, even if we're not biased and are treating everyone equally, there will come times when the staff's opinion about what ought to happen with a plot as a player suggested it won't jive with what the player (or a multitude of players) think ought to happen, and our reputation for being good, non-biased staff members may well take a hit."

Kinaed nods at a fair haired Lithmorran man.

A young, copper-haired man shrugs. "Your stance on that doesn't exactly have to change. You wouldn't be affectig their RP, just the world around them."

Kinaed claims to a young, copper-haired man, "I think that's a good point, and certainly something we need to set boundaries on."

A story runner states to Kinaed, "I don't think that the staff do get into the rp, but I think that if a single staffer is hired, to facilitate the rp for solely city events, it wouldn't be bad. I mean, you wouldn't allow them to just run around infecting everyone with the std, for example. "

A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes is no longer idle.
A tall woman with sapphire blue eyes has returned from AFK.

Kinaed grins at a story runner.

Honor claims, "I wasn't around for most of the big game events that people still talk about RL years later. I don't think every interesting big plot has to be demons or floods though, so City Events sounds like a way to find something in the middle. Also, I'm kind of seeing events working like superpowered RPA things without the QP spending, where staff can remain pretty neutral dice rollers who write up results."

Kinaed trails off, "Well, if it's a sexy staffer... j/k"

Kinaed nods at Honor.

Kinaed states, "That's what I'm hoping for."

A story runner shakes it on over to kink, with waggly brows.

Kinaed shakes it back, with lotsa tail.

Zeita states, "My story runner, what big.. brows you have."

Nedyra snaps pictures.

A young, copper-haired man holds a finger up in the air. "There was one thing I noticed just a short while back.

A story runner meows at Kinaed, and winks.

Kinaed questions to a young, copper-haired man, "What's that, mate?"

Zeita queries to Nedyra, "Another one for the blackmail folder?"

Nedyra claims to Zeita, "Heck no. That one's going on Facebook."

Kinaed states to Zeita, "He owns me. TI is now truly run by Nedyra. Everyone be afraid."

Gerolf reminds people the log is running...

Kinaed grins at Gerolf.

A story runner scarequits. It is like ragequiting but only if you are scared.

Azarial still holds the shutdown, and the knowledge of how ti runs.

A young, copper-haired man sighs. "Well there was spme holiday IC, but I didn't notice any changes on environment or attitude anywhere. It merely came and passed. I'd been quite excited for it up until that point."

Nedyra states, "And here I thought Kinaed belonged to no one. *updates documentation*"

[Order] Aurther: Exactly

Kinaed nods at a young, copper-haired man.

Kinaed claims, "I'll add that to the list of things our RP Coordination staffer might do."

Kinaed states, "Also, btw, I so have Temi slated for this role... if she chooses to accept it."

Maxwell is no longer idle.

Maxwell has returned from AFK.

Zeita states to Kinaed, "There should be some more flavour text perhaps around the 'X Holiday is running now'."

A story runner states, "To /copper I noticed that too, the only one that everyone does is Yule, though when I had time, I was dedicating my alt to be a partier for the holidays. :P"

A young, copper-haired man nods deeply to Kinaed. "Thank yeh, friend."

Zeita states, "MTo get people frooving."

Zeita says, "... and grooving."

Kinaed nods at Zeita.

Maxwell boogies.

Kinaed says, "I sort of wonder if, for each of the holidays, we should have a gset system flag that goes on and does things like put Yule candles in windows and whatnot."

Zeita claims, "That would be good, yes."

Gerolf claims, "Decorate the cathedral on high holidays etc"

Samantha says, "That would be awesome"

A young, copper-haired man smiles. "Indeed. I enjoy holiday atmospheres and the different culture swings behind each one."

Kinaed trails off, "Can I ask - with regards to city events..."

Karrina states, "Perhaps a few of the city events could have to do with one of the holidays. Like a series of thefts during Yule, or Winter that lasts abnormally long for Spring Awakening."

Kinaed asks, "How urgently would players like to see this go in? Would it trump something like Ranged Combat or Places code for you?"

A story runner claims to Kinaed, "Maybe add superstitions in with it, like the wine festival you hang bunchs of grapes on your doorway or Dav will spit in your mouth while you sleep or whatever. "

A story runner says, "NO"

A story runner says, "Gimme the ranges"

A fair haired Lithmorran man says, "I dunno... city events sounds pretty awesome."

Tomas states, "I could go either way"

Gerolf states, "Bring us back a ROM"

A young, copper-haired man ponders a bit and nods. "I would have to say yes. It would serve to bring people together more ICly, I think."

A fair haired Lithmorran man questions, "But right now RP's kinda swinging from what I can see so, not quite so urgent?"

Zeita says, "Trumps the love out of ranged combat to me"

Karrina states, "Yeah, they do, but they should be given time to hash out so as the system can be well thought out."

Azarial laughs.

Zeita has negative interest in range.

Azarial says to Gerolf, "You;d not like a stock ROM"

Nedyra claims, "No... no you absolutely would not."

Kinaed claims, "I've had trouble with range, I think, in part just because it doesn't excite me."

Nedyra claims, "I don't even like a stock ROM, and I'm from that era."

Nedyra grins.

Honor says, "I agree that I'd put event stuff higher than ranged combat or places. I think it has the potential to be more useful to more people."

Azarial nods at Nedyra.

Gerolf trails off, "What can I say, I work in devlopment IRL..."

Azarial states, "Start with a nakedmud or the like, then."

Kinaed states, "In all honesty, I think I'd like to get Ariel's player to write it, but I'm not sure Ariel would be up for it. But she's one of the few people that I know has the necessary knowledge about the inner workings of combat to do a good job with it, who might actually enjoy writing it."

Karrina says to Gerolf, "I thought you were the line cook."

Kinaed claims, "So I'll approach her about outsourcing."

A fair haired Lithmorran man says, "Am I wrong when I assume this game seems to be much more... rp focused than combatish? I'm fairly new to the game but far as I've seen that seems to be the case."

Azarial says, "Well, puttig ranged back is restoring some fucntionality taht was removed to fix the broken rp aspects of the prior combat code."

Karrina claims to Honor, "You are not wrong in that. Which is what makes it great."

Kinaed states, "So if anyone sees Ariel around, tell her I'd like to talk to her, because Ranged Combat really has been waiting too long."

A story runner states, "I want my knive-throwing, dancing knight that also is a gm of unarmed, that kicks all the butts"

Nedyra claims to a fair haired Lithmorran man, "You're probably right. The emphasis is always on RP. It's why even arresting someone requires you cnote the heck out of it."

Kinaed claims to a fair haired Lithmorran man, "We're RP focused. I rarely get into fights with my alt, at least ones that require weapons."

Kinaed states, "It's completely possible to play for years and years and never lift a weapon - some players in this room have characters with no combat skills whatsoever."

Zeita waves her hand.

Kinaed claims, "Though thematically, most people carry a knife just for eating, and most people know how to defend themselves at least a little."

Kinaed queries to Zeita, "Yes, Zei?"

Zeita was owning up to lack of combat.

Kinaed claims to Zeita, "Hehe."

Nedyra trails off, "There's a place on TI for the person who's first IC reaction is to haull off and drill someone. Granted that place is usually on the receiving end of a good lashing, but y'know..."

Azarial says, "Or a hanging. that code is not used enough for a proper testing."

Kinaed states, "Okay, everyone. Our hour is up."

A story runner states, "STORY TIME"

Zeita waves. Thanks for the chat.

Kinaed questions, "Are there any last comments or queries before we break up for another week? :)"

Karrina says to Azarial, "It needs to do more damage per swing."

Zeita states, "Enjoy your story time. :)"

Zeita begins to descend.

A fair haired Lithmorran man states, "Why must you keep breaking up with us :("

Zeita leaves down bustling along energetically

Kinaed smiles.

Honor pontificates, "If you're hunting and you're not intentionally spreading disease, please remember to bury or junk your carcasses!"

A young, copper-haired man raises a hand. "I've a question."

Kinaed exclaims, "Thank you, everyone, who attended today!"

A story runner declares, "The first scene of plot 42 is starting soooooon!"

Kinaed questions to a young, copper-haired man, "Yes?"

Samantha looks up at Kinaed with big, tear filled eyes "Do we have to break up? I'm sure we can make it work."

Kinaed comforts Samantha.

A fair haired Lithmorran man queries, "How do you see current plots?"

Samantha smirks like a mad-man

A fair haired Lithmorran man muses, "IC_Events/Announce?"

Karrina says, "Story list."

Kinaed exclaims, "Please recommend your friends! And if someone runs a story for you!"

Nedyra has transferred Cellan. [OOC]

A young, copper-haired man muses out loud. "Any chance of the staff taking new ideas for certain crafts eventually. Some of them seem a bit... limited."

A young, copper-haired man corrects himself

A fair haired Lithmorran man states, "My only sadness is a lack of farming."

Kinaed says to a young, copper-haired man, "Absolutely. Speak with Xinoe, she's currently writing craft standards and will have a review peiece after. Woodworking is being handled by Nedyra."

[OOC] Storyrunner: "Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, if anyone wants a story run, but doesn't know/want to do it, send me a tell :D"

Kinaed says, "Papercraft is next slated for revamp."

A fair haired Lithmorran man says, "Like literal farmer farming, not like killing things farming. Ahem."

A young, copper-haired man nods in thanks.

Xinoe smiles at a young, copper-haired man.

Nedyra has stacks-o-notes re: woodworking. But there's always room for more.

Azarial asks of Karrina, "Has it been used recently? i recall one hanging, and i adjusted it after that"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'm putting everyone back so that our ST - Thank you, ST! - can kick off."

Gerolf says OOCly, "We have a pyring tonight, so that will be testng that again."

Karrina claims to Azarial, "I do not know, Just remember the one time it was used (alas poor Lei) taking so long for them."

A story runner has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
A story runner has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A young, copper-haired man smiles. "Thankee, staff!"

Kinaed states, "Heh, retrans is not being kind."

Samantha has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra has transferred a story runner. [OOC]

Honor has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred you.

Leech

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Kinaed states, "I sort of think we need to have a Q&A on theme to answer some of these age-old, we keep re-anwsering them, theme questions."
Could update the help files! Here, I even started for you. ;)

/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=897&p=5616#p5616

Edit: As a note, if the Knights aren't subordinate to the Inquisition and the Order, I'm really lost as to why they even exist in their current incarnation. Which, again, is another glaring example of why we all need to sit down over tea and discuss just what the different guilds do... in fact... I'll get started on bringing that around.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

• Information