Log of OOC meeting 8/16/2014

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, today's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they'd like to add to the agenda to ensure it is discussed today?"
A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes puts a bottle of absinthe in a traveller's pack with a sleeping roll tied to the bottom.

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "Only Kudos for the Vandagan area, saw it for the first time today."

Ariel le Orban says, "I'd like to talk about item stockpiling/decay/related topics a bit."

Kinaed nods at Ariel le Orban.

Kinaed says to a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes, "Aww, thanks. Enid and I did that one together."

Nedyra grabs dinner, munches while he's on break from death creation.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if no one else has anything they'd like to add: Last week I worked on ranged combat a bit, didn't finish it. I was largely out because our nanny is sick, so I was being a mom. It's exhausting. Next week, I want to FINISH the spec for Ranged combat. We've also discussed a bit about assets, but haven't gotten to any conclusions EXCEPT that domains will have resources attached, then nobles can affect the prices and availability of objs made from that resource as well as collect 'a shipment' of raw resources for use in crafting with a few commands."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair lifts a bottle of absinthe to her nose and sniffs at it.

Ariel le Orban asks, "Should comments on that wait, or...?"

Kinaed states, "That spec has been put up, but it's probably the furthest we're going to go with domain games in the near future because we want most activity to be held inside Lithmore and the games to be across social classes, etc."

Kinaed states to Ariel le Orban, "Nah, you can comment now if you like."

Ariel le Orban wonders, "First thought: only nobles? *grin*"

Kinaed states, "For that particular item, yes."

Kinaed claims, "In the grand scheme of things, no."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "Glad to hear that ranged is being worked on. I haven't been an archer since Tam was around."

Kinaed nods at a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes.

Ariel le Orban claims, "Aw. I'd see gentry as having a very reasonable place in any kind of resource games."

Kinaed claims, "The spec should come out this week."

Kinaed states to Ariel le Orban, "Ultimately, nobles are the source of resources because they hold land."

Azarial states, "Gentry do not have anything to hang taht data on; titled nobs do."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes says, "Resource differing from product, I imagine. Which is a gentry deal."

Ariel le Orban states to Azarial, "Assets could be class-agnostic with domains as one type of asset."

Kinaed claims, "Also, a lot of nobles feel that they have very little in the game that makes them noble or gives them any power to use as leverage. This in part assuges that. Gentry are rich as shit, and that's their role, but I think it's best to keep them out of the arena in this area."

Samantha ab Vortina queries, "Question about this 'shipment' does said noble have to craft with the resources, or can they perhaps sell them?"

Azarial says, "That would be a later development."

Kinaed says, "Assets, as we're discussing them, are class agnostic and not at all related to domain games."

Kinaed claims to Samantha ab Vortina, "They can do whatever they want with them."

Zeita von Zarrova rubs her hands at the thought of charging the nobles that wants to sell their resources.

Samantha ab Vortina nods "good to know."

Kinaed says, "Sell, hold for randsom, give to their friends."

Azarial claims, "Domains have that framework already built. adding resources is easier than adding a whole new system/."

Ariel le Orban queries, "But nobles will have to sell to make a profit off their domain?"

Samantha ab Vortina shall chuck said resources at random passerbys

Kinaed says, "No, but we haven't worked out the 'return money' to nobles."

Kinaed states, "I pondered giving them a small portion of the profits that are related to the sell of items with their materials, but I'm a bit concerned about how that may play out, so it needs work and thought before we go anywhere with htat."

Kinaed says, "Right now, it's more than the nobles had before."

Ariel le Orban says, "I'm all in favor of nobles having more to do, for sure."

Temi claims, "This is only the start not the end goal."

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Resources are unevenly purchased IG as it is, so I'm not sure how that could be done neatly, Kin."

Ariel le Orban states, "This seems a slightly odd direction to go with it in design."

Ariel le Orban states, "But I'll withhold further discussion for a full spec."

Kinaed says, "How powerful it develops for them is going to have to be a step by step calibration, because it's easy to go wrong, and harder to backtrack once something is established without making people feel like we're taking away something they're used to/entitled to."

Azarial says, "Depending on how assets go, this might just be a temporary for data collection"

Kinaed claims, "Well, the reasons for chosing this were simple - we want the nobles to have a bit of leverage, the system for this is almost completely in place with just a few tweaks, so it's easy and fixes something that is broken about noble leverage."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Leverage is nice, but I don't think gets at the real problem with nobility."

Kinaed says, "The only other thing that is broken is nobles cannot engage in military action, but I'm not sure how we'll tackle that - but it's not a very high priority at the moment because fights between domains off-screen aren't 'stuff happening in Lithmore that all players can participate in'."

Ariel le Orban says, "Buut I don't wanna hog the OOC meeting with my thoughts here. "

Nedyra states, "Long story short it's a huge system, with equally huge implications. We need to install it in pieces, and make sure said pieces don't explode."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so I am committing to getting something up for review (a specification) for Ranged Combat, this week."

Kinaed states, "It will be done."

Kinaed claims, "That's me. Azarial, you're up."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "Excellent."

Azarial states, "Hmmm. well, two crash bugs and a string bug today."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims, "Wow."

Azarial claims, "Assorted other bugs, trying to trim my list."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "You've done a lot of bug squashing in the last week - over 30 bugs off the bug board. Thank you for that."

Azarial states, "Some may get deleted for lack of responses form players that are regularly online."

Kinaed has transferred Yvelle von Raspien. [OOC]

Yvelle von Raspien waves. "Hello, lovelies!"

Kinaed has transferred Alphos dul Meticus. [OOC]

Azarial states, "Going to wokr on a few pet bugs, get those cleared, and see about advancing on some of the harder ones i;ve been ignoring."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Gah, sorry, let me catch up."

Nedyra states, "At least one of those crash bugs was me. Again."

Nedyra coughs.

Azarial states, "Triple digits is starting to offend me."

Kinaed grins at Nedyra.

Azarial claims, "Both today were."

Azarial claims, "I am down to 31 mail, though, so that;s progress."

Kinaed says to Nedyra, "I used to be told, "You're not a true staff member until you've brought the game to its knees". :)"

Azarial puts a carved wooden box sculpted to resemble a Tubori pineapple in pico, a text editor.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Nedyra claims to Kinaed, "In that case I should be a legend. It's almost a weekly occurance if you're me."

Azarial queries, "Not much else. washed a lot of dishes?"

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed high fives.

Azarial grins.

Azarial states to Nedyra, "You would hvae loved it in that first year."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Okay, you're up, gorgeous."

Azarial states, "Average up time, wiht players? five minutes."

Nedyra says to Azarial, "You wouldn't."

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Temi says, "So, Temi's player is trying to buy a house."

Ariel le Orban pontificates, "Woot!"

Temi claims, "This is proving time consuming and stressfull.. we'll see if we get the current offer tonight."

Temi states, "But in the meantime! I haven't done as much as I meant to this week."

Kinaed declaims, "Good luck!"

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair says, "I almost glared at Nedyra, then I saw the 'player' part."

Temi claims, "I -have- completed a few more brewing recipes."

Temi claims, "I will work on finishing those up this week."

Samantha ab Vortina smiles to a middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair "That was my first thought as well."

Temi states, "But anyways, the absinthe is one of those new recipes added, though I stuck the flavor on from an existing item for yours. In general, it will need tooled."

Temi says, "And that's my week."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Nedyra, "You're up."

An unremarkable woman is idle.

Samantha ab Vortina asks, "Which craft is it from temi? Brewing?"

Nedyra says, "Big thing, right off the top. Daravi battle quest. It happens tonight."

Kinaed nods at Samantha ab Vortina.

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "Gosh darn it... that means I'm missing it."

Temi says, "Yeah."

A massive man with a peg leg says, "Dun dun dunnn."

Kinaed comforts Yvelle von Raspien.

Nedyra says, "I'm thinking 7:30 EST, or thereabouts. Give me time to finish putting togethe the death things."

Samantha ab Vortina nods to Temi and Kinaed "Just was making sure."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes says, "Sounds exciting."

Nedyra states, "And to find one or two of the semi-important players. Read: fresh corpses."

Kinaed has transferred a short, thick-muscled man. [OOC]

Nedyra states, "Details on the quest: board 1, note read 13."

Nedyra states, "Still got room if you're interested."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes claims, "Sure."

Kinaed queries to Nedyra, "Is that immediately after the OOC Chat?"

Temi gives a bottle of absinthe to a short, thick-muscled man.

Nedyra states, "That's my week. Next week, this will be behind me, which means seasonality gets my full attention."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Nedyra claims to Kinaed, "30 minutes after the OOC chat, assuming the OOC chat doesn't run over."

Kinaed says, "I think it might a bit since we started a few minutes late, but nothing huge."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that wraps up Staff Updates. Now to Player Heartbeat. How's the RP been lately, folks? Any staff support that you'd like to see?"

Ariel le Orban says, "Things seem quiet."

Yvelle von Raspien says, "Stressful, with all the catch-up I've been doing."

Ariel le Orban grins at Yvelle von Raspien.

A massive man with a peg leg nods in agreement with Ariel le Orban.

Alphos dul Meticus says, "Pretty slow for me."

A massive man with a peg leg says, "Lot of folks missing, Summer stuff I guess, maybe."

Kinaed nods at a massive man with a peg leg.

Samantha ab Vortina smiles widely "Rp has been surprisingly great, Yeah yvelle decided to make my next coming weeks very busy on a certain character, but it will create rp.." winks at Yvelle von Raspien "Other than that i can not complain."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, our stats have dropped a bit this week, and we've averaged about 16 active players, though a lot more logins."

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes claims, "Getting better"

A short, thick-muscled man says, "I just started here yesterday, but I've had a couple of cool intro scenes. I really dig PVENT, even though I haven't caught one I could use yet."

Yvelle von Raspien grins. "I try, Sam, I try."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes claims, "Well, I'm stuck on a couch until late next week, so... maybe I can RP with you lovely folks more."

Kinaed states, "I'm glad to hear the pvent system gets a tick :)"

Ariel le Orban declaims to a short, thick-muscled man, "Welcome aboard!"

Kinaed wonders, "Was that Yvelle's idea?"

Kinaed pontificates, "Good one!"

Nedyra says to a short, thick-muscled man, "Awesome. There's a thread on the forums you can add your own submissions to if you're inclined."

Yvelle von Raspien says, "It was. I was SO happy when I came back from my trip and saw that had been implemented."

Nedyra hasn't handed out a QP in over 24 hours. Twitches.

Ariel le Orban says, "I do keep getting pvents I don't like/can't take, as a lot of them seem rather specific, buuuut if you keep rejecting good ones pop up eventually."

Kinaed says, "Please do make suggestions for more pvents on the forums, folks."

Nedyra states, "We have 86 in the list atm. Just for the record."

Kinaed says, "There are only 86 in the system."

Tomas states to Nedyra, "I'll try and come up with a submission worthy of qp I promise to try"

Kinaed claims, "I'd like to get around 200."

Kinaed says to Tomas, "Thanks :)"

Samantha ab Vortina says, "I am liking pvents, though the majority of them would not be appropiate for my character, but I do get quitea bit of laughs from them."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Ariel, you wanted to discuss... decay and stockpiling. Care to introduce the topic?"

Nedyra claims, "Suggest pvents that would be more appropriate to your characters, perhaps? They'll surface eventually."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Okay, well... at the last few OOC meetings, there have been negative comments about players stockpiling and things like that."

Yvelle von Raspien states, "It would be nice to have a list of the existing ones, all in one place. That way we can make sure we aren't submitting repeats."

A short, thick-muscled man states, "I should add that I got two I -could- have used, but it was about 3am CST and there was only one other person online."

Kinaed states to Ariel le Orban, "I don't think there were any serious negative comments, or certainly not negative views about it."

Ariel le Orban claims, "And I just want to note it's been slightly frustrating because the way the code is designed right now re: crafting, we are encouraged to stockpile. We have to craft a fair bit because LBU rates for crafting are not high, so we end up with extra items nobody will buy, and salvage isn't in."

Kinaed says, "Just because we noticed that some people stockpile more than others doesn't mean that we think poorly of them. "

Kinaed says, "Specifically, we recently removed item decay on crafts to make outputs more useful for sale."

Kinaed claims, "So I don't think we're that concerned about it, and I think something was read into what we were saying that wasn't intended to be negative."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Right, but I mean, I'm not only concerned about negativity."

A massive man with a peg leg muses to Kinaed, "Is that for all crafted items?"

Kinaed states to a massive man with a peg leg, "For all of the ones in herbalism and chandelry, but I think that's most if not all of it."

Kinaed states to a massive man with a peg leg, "There may be a few that we're not aware of."

Ariel le Orban states, "I'm also concerned about the fact that I feel like the systems right now are not necessarily serving the intended goals. If for example, hunting is meant to be something to do to keep you online and busy when folks aren't around, the fact the supplies you get from hunting decay is a real downside to that."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair states, "I had a pvent popping up saying that I should discuss someone's genitalia (or something). It was good for a laugh and... hm."

Ariel le Orban says, "I stopped hunting for meat in regular bouts the first time my meat stocks disappeared, for example.."

An unremarkable woman is no longer idle.

Kinaed says, "I think that, at some stage, things need to decay, especially if they're left lying around on the floor."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes queries, "Can we salt meat to make it a permanent object, perhaps?"

Ariel le Orban says, "You can, but the cost means you might as well just buy fresh."

Tomas queries to a middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair, "That one actually went in? awesome"

A massive man with a peg leg claims to a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes, "We already can make "preserved meat" with salt, and maybe now it doesn't decay, based on what they are saying."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair claims, "Yeah, it went in. Right pvent, wrong PC. :("

Kinaed claims, "People leave too many bits lying about if things don't, so I don't think that we're going to remove decay on ingredients. It's not per se against stockpiling for use, but it is in large part about keeping the game clean when people do go hunting and leave 30 corpses lying about."

Azarial could turned the flensed animal code back on.

Ariel le Orban says, "Well, now you can junk in the wilderness, that's largely been fixed."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes claims, "I need to learn to cook."

Yvelle von Raspien trails off, "Oh! I had an idea for the eventual extension of pvent..."

Kinaed says, "You can, but people still DON'T clean up after themselves."

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "To bring up sometime."

Ariel le Orban states, "Ultimately I'm just not sure if decay is doing what it's meant to, beyond being frustrating."

Kinaed asks of Yvelle von Raspien, "We can discuss that next? :)"

Zeita von Zarrova has been discouraged from crafting lately due to RawMat inventory losses.

Ariel le Orban muses, "If stockpiling isn't inherently bad, what's so wrong with it? "

Ariel le Orban nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Ariel le Orban claims to Zeita von Zarrova, "I feel the same way re: cooking and meat stocks."

Kinaed claims, "It depends on why and to what degree a person is stockpiling."

Yvelle von Raspien nods and grins.

Kinaed claims, "It's hard to stockpile enough to be a big deal."

A short, thick-muscled man drinks absinthe from a bottle of absinthe.

Kinaed states, "But it is possible, especially if half the pbase is doing it. If only one or two people are doing it, it probably won't impact our disk space usage beyond what we're allocated, for example - but we're on a shared server, and we pay for resources, so if every player had 10,000 skins lying around, TI would be using resources for the POSSIBILITY that someone might want to use those resources in crafting."

Ariel le Orban nods.

Kinaed says, "But if one person has 10,000 lines of text skins, it's no big deal. It's when all of you do it."

Kinaed states, "And you're not."

Ariel le Orban states, "I really just wanted to stockpile, say, 20 each of 5 different kinds of meat without having to preserve 100 times. *grin*"

Temi says, "But we don't want to encourage behavior that we can't have everyone doing, honestly."

Kinaed claims, "So I don't think we have an issue - that being said, I don't think removing decay from ingredients when it is the only default clean up, is a good idea."

Kinaed says to Ariel le Orban, "Sincerely not a problem there."

Ariel le Orban states, "Maybe you can pay extra to have a room arrest decay or something."

Kinaed states, "That's possibly not a bad idea."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "Like a cellar."

Kinaed states, "A cold room or something."

Ariel le Orban nods.

Tomas claims, "I really like that idea"

Kinaed makes a note, "We can limit how much those rooms can hold too, if it concerns us that much."

Ariel le Orban says, "So items just out there in nowhere don't stick around, but you can keep your smaller stockpiles in rooms you explicitly mark for them."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

A short, thick-muscled man says, "That's cool."

Samantha ab Vortina seconds that idea

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Please."

Kinaed states, "Okay. Seems reasonable to me."

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "That's an amazing idea."

A short, thick-muscled man says, "It also means that there's a go-to spot if the object count gets ridiculous."

Kinaed nods at a short, thick-muscled man.

Ariel le Orban states, "Woot. :D"

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes says, "Sounds like progress."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that cover's Ariel's concerns about decay, I think. Yvelle, you wanted to raise something?"

Yvelle von Raspien states, "Yes, I did, if there's time for it."

Kinaed wonders, "Sure is - pvent extension?"

Yvelle von Raspien nods.

Ariel le Orban declares, "(Oh sorry ONE last thing - letting us check decays also really, really good to have added at some point! Sorry Yvelle, done now)"

Zeita von Zarrova states to Ariel le Orban, "Yes please."

Kinaed claims, "I think we have a bug up about adding it to the appraise info."

Kinaed states, "If not, I'll add that."

Azarial states, "With examples, please? there are several decays in play."

A massive man with a peg leg looks forward to clearance sales.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Yvelle von Raspien wonders, "Can I go now? :)"

Kinaed nods at Yvelle von Raspien.

Kinaed claims to Yvelle von Raspien, "Sorry, I thought it was explicit. *blush*"

Ariel le Orban says, "My bad. "

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "Okay. I know I'm a bit biased, but I really enjoyed the idea of pvents. But like a few other people have said, there are pvents that don't necessarily apply to an individual character. So my idea was to have guild-based pvents. A merchant might get something like.. 'with extra orders coming in, so-and-so is horribly overworked'. A Reeve might get.. 'there was word of some people causing trouble in blah part of the city. You've been asked to look into it'. Or in court, it might be, '(blah) issue has the court in a tizzy'."

Yvelle von Raspien states, "It's a way to have pvents that are more specialized for a subset of characters."

Kinaed trails off, "We originally thought of making pvents more contextual by adding flags such as guild, gender, social class, etc..."

Kinaed claims, "But we didn't for a few reasons. The first is that we wanted the system in ASAP. It seemed like a big win for little effort to encourage people to RP."

Kinaed claims, "The second is that, even with 86 pvents in the system, there's a reasonable chance of repitition. It'll be hard to come up with pvents that are diverse enough if we separate on group - and right now people can interpret pvents to themselves in surprising ways."

Temi nods.

Kinaed trails off, "We definitely could go there, and I think it'd be beneficial, so long as we had enough material to flesh it out..."

Ariel le Orban says, "I also kinda feel you could get awkward situations of the pvents inventing too serious things you don't know what to do with because they're not really there. If they're actually guild-specific business, they might be sort of important. And it's potentially weird because only one person, not the whole guild, gets them. So as the court GL I'm saying "Wait, what has us in a tizzy?" when Tomas gets a pvent about it."

Temi claims, "You don't have to take it exactly as is. You're welcome to put some interpretation in there to figure out what your character would do in the situation"

Kinaed says, "But to be confident that we do, I'd like to take that step when we have some 200 pvents in the system."

Yvelle von Raspien nods. "It was just a general idea. Mostly because I wish that, as a clerical Orderite, we had more little things to RP about when people don't come in for confessions :)

Kinaed says, "Guys, I also want to make something clear - it's okay to invent stuff, so long as you're not getting someone in trouble intentionally. IE, you can pretend that you got a messenger and they told you something about X. Just as long as they didn't tell you Temi was a mage, there's no problem with that."

Kinaed states, "Well, OOC information about other players."

Kinaed says, "Maybe I should write a help file around 'inventing plot'."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Actually that'd be really nice."

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "That would be a good idea."

Yvelle von Raspien claims, "A helpfile on it would be great."

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes nods.

Kinaed says, "Like, we're so happy when Storytellers come up and run plots for us, there's so much value in that, we're not going to go chasing someone because they made up a demon encounter that technically didn't occur."

Ariel le Orban says, "What the boundaries are re: magical theme, especially."

Zeita von Zarrova asks, "Law-related theme, too?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, on my todo agenda."

Kinaed questions to Zeita von Zarrova, "For example?"

Ariel le Orban states, "I know we want MORE pvents and not less, btw, but I wish pvents told me only about an event that happened, not about my PC's feelings. I got a pvent about 'you feel insecure and want a compliment' or something. It felt really weird."

Ariel le Orban says, "Would much prefer "You were late to work today because something unexpected happened"."

Nedyra says to Ariel le Orban, "We have those too."

Ariel le Orban says, "Right, I just find the feelings ones really... odd."

Kinaed states, "You can just reject it. The idea was to give characters moods, etc, that the players can accept or reject as 'not being for this character'."

Ariel le Orban claims, "And most likely for people to say "That's not me.""

Ariel le Orban says, "Maybe it's just me."

Kinaed says, "I think it depends on the context when you read it. WHen you get a pvent, it isn't something that has happened to your character, it's a suggestion to help stimulate RP."

A massive man with a peg leg says, "Maybe if/when we have enough unique events there could be a "Pvent Pandora" system, where it looks at what you reject/accept/fulfill and gives you events you are more likely to fulfill"

Ariel le Orban grins at a massive man with a peg leg.

A massive man with a peg leg states, "So if you always reject feelings one, no feelings ones."

Kinaed says, "You can choose to accept it or reject it; please don't take it as your character feels insecure or has to."

Azarial is not paid enough to reinvent pandora.

Ariel le Orban states, "It does feel weirdly unpleasant to reject like 5 pvents in a row."

Ariel le Orban muses, "Am I the only one who feels that?"

Nedyra wonders, "It's largely aimed as a general poke. "Hey, we noticed you're not RPing. Can we help?""

Temi claims, "We'll try to do primarily ones that you can decide how your character feels about it, but I think it's good to provide some ideas for those who are less sure about the spectrum of feelings their character experiences."

Kinaed states to a massive man with a peg leg, "That'd be awesome... but pretty far off... and honestly, Temi may be the only person in staff who is able to design a system like that."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair states, "I feel guilty when I reject a pvent"

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "I could, but I doubt it's worth it."

Kinaed claims to a middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair, "Oh, please don't. :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi questions, "I wonder... would it be good to have a reason when you reject a pvent?"

Ariel le Orban states, "To give y'all data, I think so."

Temi says, "Pvent reject - just don't have the time right now! pvent reject Man, that pvent sucks."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Though maybe make it optional."

A massive man with a peg leg claims, "One of the pvents I got, I "fulfilled" from gaining XP before I actually brought the thing up... I still brought it up a little later, but it seemed a little weird. I think that may have been before it was upped to 300xp though."

A short, thick-muscled man muses, "Optional comment? REJECT PVENT <REASON>?"

Ariel le Orban states, "Be a good way to flag pvents we just don't like."

Yvelle von Raspien says, "I'd like a quick command where you could see all the pvents currently in the system. Not to choose from, just to read and gain ideas for RP. It would be nice to be able to see what all the possibilities are."

Ariel le Orban nods at Yvelle von Raspien.

Kinaed wonders, "Speaking of which, how do pvents feel? Too easy or hard to achieve atm?"

Ariel le Orban has honestly seen several I've wished I could delete from the system.

Ariel le Orban says, "I haven't done one since the 300 XP change."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Mine was easy, very easy. Didn't feel like 300. (It was yesterday)."

Temi says, "You can poll it for random ones.. but I think we want to maintain the ability to surprise you guys."

Samantha ab Vortina shrugs "I've had some that felt too easy, and some that challenged me

Yvelle von Raspien says, "I haven't tried one yet. But I'll be interested in doing so soon, once I settle into work."

Tomas questions, "They've been fine by me so far?"

Kinaed has transferred Maxwell le Wattkil. [OOC]

Temi gives a bottle of absinthe to Maxwell le Wattkil.

Ariel le Orban states, "I keep getting them at times I was idling instead of planning to RP, and/or the pvent text is not appealing/fitting. Those have been my issues, really, since the start. *ponder*"

Maxwell le Wattkil pontificates, "Oh, dang! You did it! You finalized the brewing!"

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes claims, "I haven't finished enough to say, but I like pvents so far."

Temi says, "I was pleasantly surprised to get them on two different characters and able to reinterpret their recent life events into the suggestion."

Temi says to Maxwell le Wattkil, "Not completely finished, but a couple more"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I think what I'm asking - should it stay at 300xp, or should we up it a little?"

An unremarkable woman is idle.

Temi says, "By the way, it's not -done- when you get the reward."

Nedyra claims to Temi, "Not sure that was the intent of the system, but that was what I was going for re: the content. =)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "It happened, and hopefully it spurred on RP and if it keeps you going for ages, more the better! We don't want to punish you for not having 'finished' it.. since if you never finish it, that's more awesome."

Tomas asks of Kinaed, "It seems fine where it is to me?"

An unremarkable woman is no longer idle.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Samantha ab Vortina states, "Well heck the first one i got, lead in to my character being taken to a bar by two other characters, it certainly created additional rp"

Kinaed claims, "The point of the system is to give someone an offer to help stimulate RP. If you even go RP about something entirely unrelated, the system worked."

Nedyra says, "Exactly."

Kinaed claims, "We just want to stimulate things happening in the game, and help epople get their juices flowing."

Nedyra states, "I've seen cases of "I'd love to RP, but no idea what about/there's nothing going on I'd be interested in/etc". So, this was designed to try and counter that."

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I've even rejected some and still been spurred to RP where otherwise I may not have."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair says, "First one I got had me trying to reason with drunk people."

Kinaed says, "In fact, not caring whether people did the actual event was soemthing we took into consideration with the design. As most of you know, we cannot spy on you on TI, so we don't know what you do in RP. We had to accept that people might not RP anything about the pvent at all, and we did."

Kinaed smiles at Zeita von Zarrova.

Kinaed claims to Zeita von Zarrova, "That's awesome to hear."

Nedyra states, "People would say, "Well, my character would never go there". So we have an event suggesting maybe your character wants to go somewhere they've never been."

A short, thick-muscled man says, "Wow, no IMM spying? Brave new world."

Temi says, "Though we encourage if you accept a pvent challenge, that you do take the inspiration from it."

Ariel le Orban says to a short, thick-muscled man, "Yeah, staff here is very good about privacy. They can't even go invis in the room with you."

Kinaed says to a short, thick-muscled man, "It's one of our founding principles; we do not spy/watch players on TI."

Ariel le Orban says to a short, thick-muscled man, "A big deal to me. *grin*"

Kinaed claims to a short, thick-muscled man, "If I were to snoop you, you'd get an automated message saying you were being snooped. Staff cannot go invisible, which is why we're more available than on other MUDs."

Nedyra states to a short, thick-muscled man, "We do get alerts when things happen that shouldn't, but most of the time so do you, so you know we're coming."

Kinaed states, "Yes, we do have some wiznet alerts that catches out misbehavior."

Kinaed says, "But they don't include the text of your emotes, for example."

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair claims, "If staff could spy, I'd probably bury my head in the ground."

Yvelle von Raspien muses, "Can I get transed out?"

Yvelle von Raspien states, "I have to rush off :)"
Ariel le Orban grins at a middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair.

Yvelle von Raspien has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra states, "People are usually good about bringing problems to our attention, so there's no need for us to see it in realtime."

Kinaed states, "Okay, that wraps up the Agenda for today. We're slightly over, but we did start a bit late."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone have anything they want to add?"

Zeita von Zarrova loves that almost half of the who list is made up of newbiesnew characters.

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

A tall Vavardi woman with brown eyes says, "Not at the moment."

Kinaed smiles.

Tomas says, "Ahh I was curious about something, but I can wait I suppose or talk after or something. it's something that has been touched on before"

Samantha ab Vortina i got nothing

Kinaed questions to Tomas, "What is that?"

Nedyra states, "Alrighty. People who want in the quest, watch this space. I'll be linking up with you in the next few minutes."

Maxwell le Wattkil muses, "Ooooo. Quest?"

Tomas wonders to Kinaed, "Just curious what staff thought about the 'accounts' suggestion that ariel and I have brought up on the forums and last week and if there is any thought to including a system like that?"

Nedyra claims to Maxwell le Wattkil, "You know the one."

Kinaed states to Maxwell le Wattkil, "Daravi Battle today, I think."

Maxwell le Wattkil hugs Nedyra.

Maxwell le Wattkil states, "Yiss."

Nedyra nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed muses to Tomas, "I have no idea, I think I missed the post. Link me to it after?"

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair queries, "Don't fechoes get sent to staff, though? (late on the privacy party)"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, thank you everyone! A pleasure to have you, and until next week... :)"

Tomas claims to Kinaed, "It was part of the domain quest things, it's been in a peripheral to all of that"

Kinaed states to a middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair, "I think so."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

A middle-aged woman with chocolate-brown hair states, "Fecho waves her hands. Destroys world. Game over."

Kinaed says to Tomas, "I'll have another read; it might be after my last look."

Kinaed states, "Fechos and... void messengers... those are logged."

Tomas says to Kinaed, "I will bug you after and talk about it :)"

Kinaed states, "We CAN look up thinks, but we don't necessarily immediately see them."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Azarial says, "Most magic stuff is, so policy can put out fires"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "But I think that's the only freeform text that we see."

Kinaed says, "Maybe a few other spells that require emote-like text, but I can't recall off the top of my head."

Ariel le Orban states, "Staff can see the content if you dreamweave."

Nedyra states, "Basicly, if it's magic, we see it in some way, shape or form."

Ariel le Orban claims, "Etc."

Kinaed says, "But we have to look it up, it's not just scrolling across our screens."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, putting people back! THanks again for coming, everyone! Enjoy Ned's quest!"

Kinaed waves.

Maxwell le Wattkil has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Nedyra is off to fix up a death blade.

• Information