Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Kinaed states, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Aios has lost link.

Aios has reconnected.

Kinaed muses, "Anyone (Ariel, I've noted down your events and pooling) have anything else they'd like to add to the agenda to ensure we discuss it today?"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair declaims, "Illusionmold, as brought up on the forums!"

Ariel claims, "Oh yess."

Kinaed says to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "Noting it."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else?"

Kinaed claims, "Actually, I have one item - reminders."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, if you have something else, send me a tell. Reminders: Please vote for TI when you have a chance. Is anyone willing to write a review for TI on TMC?"

Lakali says, "I still have to write mine, blargle, and that may be a bit. My apologies. :("

Kinaed states, "Also, please recommend other players when they go above and beyond to provide you with plot. Recommends have been pretty low lately, barring the story that Orlando ran."

A slim young man with short brown hair states, "Yes, but won't be on computer for a week"

Kinaed nods at a slim young man with short brown hair.

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "I went on a date with a demon and didn't get one recommend for it. =_("

Kinaed questions to Lakali, "Can I count on you to do it this week, or should I ask someone else?"

Kinaed comforts an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair.

Lakali actually could throw up a few reccs, should do so, is often worried that it wouldn't be great enough though if he does.

Lakali states to Kinaed, "I'd ask someone else."

Temi says, "Remember, if you don't know who someone is, feel free to post a request note for your recommends 'hey, I want to recommend the crazy that was behind X'"

Kinaed claims to Lakali, "Just read help recommend before you write one, and I'm pretty sure if you pay attention to the graph at the bottom, you'll know what sort of things to write."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Just give the recommend you want to send and we'll make sure it gets to the rigt place"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair seriously lives off recs. Or QPs, rather.

Lakali says, "So that's how ya recommend an anon."

Temi nods in agreement.

Kinaed states, "I think there's actually an anonymous syntax option."

Lakali queries, "I didn't see such?"

Kinaed says, "But yeah, you can post using the Request Board."

A slim young man with short brown hair claims, "There is, but you need to know who theya re"

Nedyra seriously lives off handing out QP. Especially for awesome blog content.

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

Temi says, "Anonymous syntax is for giving them anonymously not to anonymous people."

A slim young man with short brown hair claims, "Are, sorry. Again, on a phone"

Aios has lost link.

Aios has reconnected.

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes has lost link.

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes has reconnected.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, that's it for reminders - staff updates!"

Kinaed says, "This week, I tried to go down the Request Board to resolve any posts I haven't yet. There are a few I still haven't, because I've been hugely busy this week and have booked only about 13 hours online."

Kinaed states, "Next week, I intend to finish that."

Kinaed states, "So, to those who are waiting on something, please accept my apologies."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up."

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Temi claims, "So, I released tailoring, it's live and using the tailor command."

Temi states, "Hopefully people have started playing with it and really like it."

An unremarkable man scans the area, examining the ground.

An unremarkable man quarters the area.

Bastien muses, "Out of curiosity, how does it function differently than retool?"

An unremarkable man takes a closer look at the ground.

An unremarkable man gives the area a final look-over.

Aios has lost link.

Temi states, "Still uses the same tooling system."

Aios has reconnected.

Bastien says, "Or is just for making base items. I see. Scratch my dumbess."

Temi says, "It's just different in the making stuff step."

A slim young man with short brown hair claims, "I've noticed a couple peoplr using it."

Temi nods.

Riley muses, "So it's basically the same as weaving?"

Temi nods at Riley.

Ariel says, "I haven't tried it yet but I keep meaning to. Looks good. :D"

Temi claims, "It's the port of weaving over to the new system."

Nedyra says, "Only better. Because rewritten."

Temi claims, "I'm now working on a bit of tidying up in blacksmithing and brewing."

An unremarkable man wears a thin black moustache with ends that twirl dramatically up over his face.

A slim young man with short brown hair claims, "I do have a question on these new crafting systems"

Temi says, "If you're a brewer, you will have seen I adjusted the ranks some and added a few (still unknown) recipes that I'm going to fill out."

Lakali claims, "So, I have a question."

Lakali states, "After Brent's."

A slim young man with short brown hair questions, "Does the level of what you make determine how much knowledge is pooled?"

Kinaed says, "Go ahead, you can both ask."

Kinaed claims to a slim young man with short brown hair, "No, it's a flat pool rate for the skill."

Temi says, "It only determines whether it pools or not."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "There's now a Yes/No for pooling on the list."

Lakali states, "Oh, I think it's different now. It was just that, I thought it weird you required to originally have to have like a mannequin, etc, to see what ya can make."

Temi nods at Lakali.

Temi claims, "Yeah, thats different. One of the nice changes from porting to the new sysem."

Nedyra says, "For the record, jeweling will get that treatment too in the near future."

Temi nods.

Lakali claims, "I just noticed that it was changed."

Lakali says, "Silly me."

A slim young man with short brown hair states, "Is that policy desicion, or just the code? It seems like the degree of difficulty of making things varies, and it would be nice to be rewarded for attempting the hardest thing you can."

Temi claims, "Jeweling is my next big project after I've gone over blacksmithng and brewing."

Tomas is idle.

Tomas is no longer idle.

Tomas has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "Code."

A slim young man with short brown hair nods

An unremarkable man sits down on the ground.

Temi says, "You can only pool from making things that are hard enough. So going back and doing the easiest thing won't.. but you do have some wiggle room within that range."

Kinaed claims, "I'll consider your suggestion, though I think trailing pool amounts will be a bit difficult if we go there."

Lakali queries, "So that 'N/Y' pool is new?"

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

Kinaed states, "As of last week or so."

An unremarkable man goes to sleep.

Lakali queries, "And here what happened to making legendary poisons by mixing tea all day?"

Kinaed muses, "Any more questions?"

Lakali P

Lakali states, ":P"

Kinaed claims to Lakali, "It was never possible, m'dear."

Kinaed comforts Lakali.

Lakali states, "Lol."

Kinaed queries to Temi, "You were talking about jewelling?"

An unremarkable man wakes and stands up.

Temi says, "My plans for blacksmithing are: reviewing returns on failure, especially for more expensive tings. More high level recipes that aren't necessarily super expensive damascus - I already added a couple. Make sure costs are reflected in item costs. And spread out ranks so that things aren't all at the same ranks - already did some of that."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi queries, "Shall I tell them about my cool new plan for jeweling?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "So... had an idea that's been approved and going to work into new jeweling."

Ariel trails off, "Ooh..."

Temi says, "Maybe I'll just forward that spec over."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Karrina perks up and looks over at Temi with curiosity. "Oh? and what exactly are you planning?"

Temi says, "Okay, on the general board now."

Ariel claims, "Oh, that is NEAT."

Lakali declaims, "Whoa!"

Ariel states, "Will jeweling incorporate speciic gems, then? I'd very much like that to really jack yp costs."

Zeita has returned.

Ariel states, "Wow, I can't type."

Temi states, "My plan for jewels is to have different jeweling items that are 1) semi-precious stones that represent freemen appropriate things, 2) precious stones that represent gentry appropriate ones, and 3) fancy exquisite noble jewels"

An average height, dark haired man states, "That would make Sumptry enforcement easier"

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes nods.

Ariel states, "That's probably the most reasonable compromise between representing everything and sanity."

Ariel grins.

Temi says, "And the recipes will require one of those. But then the specific details of how nice that jewel are (and its associated cost) will be worked into this new appraisal thing."

An unremarkable man grins.

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes states, "I especially like the idea of costume jewelry. Faux gems and paste."

Kinaed nods at a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes.

Temi claims, "Basic jewels available in shops will be standard stuff with fairyl descript appraisals, but I'm excited about the idea to put some very cool, fancy stuff out there that you can't just tool."

Karrina nods towards a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes. "Could be possible currently with using glassware."

Temi says, "And costume jewelry is in my plans too, as an option for any of these types of jewelry."

Temi nods in agreement with Karrina.

Kinaed claims, "Any questions about that? We're at 8:20 and haven't even gotten to Nedyra. :)"

Tomas says, "I love the sound of it"

Temi says, "So.. that's my plans. I can give up the floor to Ned."

Nedyra claims, "Fortunately Nedyra doesn't have much."

Temi grins.

Nedyra grins.

Kinaed grins at Nedyra.

Kinaed questions to Nedyra, "You're up anyway. C'mon, what have you been doing... or not doing?"

Nedyra pontificates, "First thing's first. Announcement board, note 7. Read it, know it, love it, and if you're interested, sign up for it!"

An unremarkable man has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Samantha states, "Seemed interesting"

Nedyra says, "I've already started rolling out NPC's for it. I'll be rolling more this week."

Nedyra says, "In addition to that, work on the website continues. I'm still working on integrating game help files into it."

Tomas starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair questions to Nedyra, "About note 7... jut HOW likely is it for my characters to die?"

A slim young man with short brown hair starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Nedyra states, "Also, more themes/other options for player blogs are incoming. I installed a couple already, and I'm eyeballing more."

A slim young man with short brown hair finishes his note.

Tomas finishes his note.

Ariel states, "Well, if it's anything like the OTHER Daravi battles... usually the whole losing side and half the winning side at least bites it. *cough*"

Kinaed claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "I suspect that might be slightly based in whether or not someone wants to kill you."

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Ariel trails off, "But it's always only NPCs so we use finish with impunity..."

Nedyra claims, "Building things in-game has been pretty routine,, limited largely to phomes and the like - largely because thee are no major projects on my desk re: that, and largely because website."

Nedyra states, "However, seasonal economy is still on the list. I'll probably be tweeking things here and there the next couple weeks."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair wonders to Kinaed, "Well, nobody wants to kill Casimir, right?"

Kinaed says, "I have the wiki updated enough that I don't mind if players start using it, by the way. Forgot I did that this last week."

Nedyra says, "Questions? (I'll answer yours in a sec, Autumn)."

Kinaed thumb twiddles, "I can't speak for the pbase as a whole."

October is idle.

Ariel says to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "Crickets chirp."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims, "Will players be able to edit the wiki as a way to add information/helpfiles to the game? It's a much friendlier format than request noting them to staff."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair kicks Ariel.

Nedyra states to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "The warning's there as a precaution. Because I'm assuming there will be little to no actual PC activity in this quest. However, if their will be, then it's only fair we give that PC something of equal value to deal with."

Kinaed claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "That's partly the intent - it'll be unofficial, however."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair questions to Kinaed, "With a chance to be official pending staff review, si?"

Nedyra claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "All the *official* in-game help content will be pulled from the game to the wiki."

Nedyra states to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "If you want it official, request it per S.O.P."

Samantha shudders at wiki's

Kinaed states, "Possibly, but would need submission via Request Board."

A slim young man with short brown hair says, "I love wikis"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims to Kinaed, "I would absolutely hate if the next Marquis of Avonna came and said Avonna was a tropical paradise because that big help domain file wasn't 'official'."

Ariel trails off, "So wait, sorry..."

Ariel questions, "We write on the wiki and then post a request board note saying "Look at X page, can it go in game"?"

Kinaed cocks her head questioningly to Ariel.

Kinaed states, "That would probably do it."

Ariel states, "Okay, gotcha."

Kinaed claims, "I don't intend to troll the wiki."

Nedyra questions to Kinaed, "I'll interject here if you don't mind?"

Kinaed says, "It'll be a player playground."

Kinaed claims to Nedyra, "GO for it."

Aios has lost link.

Nedyra states, "Priority for game-specific content will always come downstream, from the game to the wiki. Because to put it simply, there's a ton and a half of content on the game that it'd take half of forever to manually copy/paste to the wiki."

Aios has reconnected.

Nedyra states, "That isn't to say, for instance, you couldn't ask for access to create a page for your character."

Aios has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A slim young man with short brown hair has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Nedyra claims, "However, if you wanted that page to be officially recognised, it'd need to be a help file so the game and wiki could deal with it accordingly."

Ariel says, "Hrm. With how much easier it is for people to edit wiki pages, that seems a bit backward."

Ariel claims, "But I'm sure this'll get sorted as it goes life."

Ariel claims, "*live"

Nedyra claims, "Players can edit their wiki pages all day long, when they have them."

Temi says, "The stuff that is helpfiles now isn't the intended editing area for the wiki, I think. More to expand to new areas and such"

Kinaed says, "It's hard to create original content, we have over 1993 help files, so I can see what Nedyra is saying here."

Nedyra states, "What players *can't* edit is game help file content."

Riley is idle.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Nedyra.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "What worries me is - in a sense - the same issue we have with guilds. Continuity. Being that if wiki pages are freely editable, you'll get constantly changing information as people form their own ideas about it, and you'll never get a sort of 'stability' that lore and theme thrive off of."

Kinaed says, "We'll have to have a staff meeting about the structure of the wiki, I think."

Kinaed says to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "Certainly nothing is making it in game here without approval."

Samantha shares the same worries with an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair

Kinaed says to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "That's why the wiki is unofficial, and the game and its help files remain official, and you'll have to raise a request to get wiki stuff in here.

Kinaed says, "We'll make sure there's a disclaimer somewhere on the wiki noting that it's maintained in large part by players, so use help files for the official version."

Ariel claims, "Maybe the wiki just needs a Category for 'unapproved'"

Nedyra says to Ariel, "No."

Ariel claims, "And all posts start there until somebody with authority can edit them, or somesuch. Too nitty-gritty for now, I suppose."

Kinaed says, "Probably not a bad idea to make it clear what's approved and not on the wiki."

Kinaed says, "The wiki is not very evolved as a concept at the moment"

Kinaed says, "I'd like to ask that we leave it off."

Ariel nods.

Kinaed claims, "Staff haven't even had a discussion, we just selected a wiki and put it up on the website, and slapped a logo on it."

Nedyra says, "I saw a couple more notes come in re: the Daravi quest just now. Thanks, guys. They'll be reviewed this evening."

Kinaed says, "Nedy didn't even raise it."

Lakali claims, "Like cheery pepsi."

Lakali claims, "...Cheery."

Kinaed smiles.

Lakali airquotes.

October claims, "I think you can lock certain pages down for moderator. So important guild pages can be made by the staff, but players can do... profiles and what not."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Ned- anything else to add for this week's update?"

Nedyra says, "Nope."

Kinaed nods at October.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, in Azarial's absence, I've been asked to let you know that she's working on pevents."

Kinaed states, "So you should see those coming in soonish."

Bastien states, "I just want to say that I think that system sounds awesome"

Kinaed wonders, "And that wraps up Staff Updates. Player Heartbeat! How's RP been lately, folks? Anything you'd like staff to be doing to support it?"

Lakali claims, "It does look nice."

Kinaed smiles at Bastien.

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

Bastien states, "And a great way to help inexperienced or even uninspired roleplayers start stories."

Kinaed states, "We're definitely excited."

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Samantha claims, "What is pevents? and Rp was.... good for the short time I was around this week. "

Ariel says, "RP's been fun. Feels like a lot of things are bubbling up."

Lakali says to Kinaed, "Oh, RP's been great, been more Mage activity recently."

Riley is no longer idle.
Riley has returned from AFK.

Nedyra is already taking down ideas for when the system goes live.

Samantha trails off, "Oh player events... ok"

Kinaed says, "Board bug, note 158 is the spec for personal events."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed says, "We'll probably hold a contest to get ideas for pevents from the pbase when it comes in."

An average height, dark haired man claims, "For my piece I enjoyed the Market etc last weekend.... It was a lot of fun."

Lakali muses, "You kow what I really want to happen IC?"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair nods.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "Market was a blast."

Bastien states, "I've only been back shortly, but the RP has been phenomenal thus far. At the moment there are some player-generated plots that might benefit from spinning off into something larger for the game, but of course we'll be in contact if that happens. =D"

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Lakali claims, "Yes, Market was awesome."

Lakali states, "Lakali bought a flower."

Kinaed claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "If you haven't recommended for that, please consider doing so."

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

Lakali asks of Kinaed, "What I'd really like to see IC?"

Lakali says, "A natural disaster/storm."

Ariel claims, "I hawked for hours and made a lot of money. Yay market. *grin*"

Lakali nods sagely.

Kinaed nods at Lakali.

Kinaed says, "We've done quests around large weather events like that before."

Kinaed claims, "We can certainly consider it again."

Ariel states, "Blizzard could be fun."

Lakali says, "Yeeeeeeees."

Lakali nods at Ariel.

Bastien says OOCly, "Read help player Bastien -- a Flood was the basis for their character's creation"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, thanks for the Heartbeat, everyone... now for the best part of all - Player Topics! Ariel, you had some events and wanted to raise pooling. Care to introduce us all to the topics?"

Ariel questions, "Okay, event-wise, does anybody have any plans for next weekend?"

Kinaed listens to crickets.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair shrugs. "You know me. Most the things I do are spur of the moment, so I can rescheduleetc at will."

Zeita states, "Nothing here."

Ariel says, "I have TWO things I need to do: a royal council and a ST plot. Said Royal Council I am inclined to possibly do tomorrow, though I recognize it's really, REALLY short notice. So that's 100% my bad but I'm realizing now I only have a few weeks before summer's over. "

Zeita can actually do a tomorrow event for once.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims, "Why not do it after the chat? Seems to be a good amount of folk on."

Ariel claims, "And I kind of want to do the ST next weekend so long as I'm stepping on nobody's toes. Will post about that to give a heads' up to folks."

Ariel claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "I need GLs and Court members for the Royal Council and am missing a few key folks."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair nods.

Samantha asks, "And what is to guarantee they will be there tommorrow ariel?"

Ariel claims, "GLs/guild reps for Gls who can't make it but want to send people. I'll see if staff can help me post a note today to make up for my lame tardiness."

Ariel claims to Samantha, "I did do a poll and the time slot of tomorrow at 4 seems pretty good, plus they're DEFINITELY not here right now."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says to October, "I'm just glad to see Court stuff. *highfive*"

Ariel says to Samantha, "Obviously I can only do my best here with trying to get like 12 people in a room."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states to October, "Invite Casimir."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "..."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "You damn sables."

Ariel grins at an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "With your cool hair."

Ariel states, "Okay so cool, I think that's settled. Thanks, folks."

Kinaed says, "May want to general board notice that you're running something tomorrow and when, btw."

Lakali claims, "Sable is kickass."

Ariel nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "So people who log in might stick around for it."

October says, "Haha."

Ariel claims, "I'll try to ic_event it, if staff can get it posted ASAP."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "We can do that."

Ariel states, "Thanks. <3"

Ariel says, "Other thing was just a suggestion: pooling rates for skills, especially crafts, should perhaps be adjusted for difficulty/cost of pooling."

Zeita questions, "Is that 4pm est? *needs to convert*"

Bastien claims, "It's good to be the King -- regent"

Kinaed says, "Ahh, that was raised earlier. "

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "It'd be 1 pm PST."

Ariel states, "If a skill can be pooled easily and repetitively for free, maybe it should give you less pool per use than an expensive or difficult one."

Ariel claims, "I mean not by rank, but adjusted by skill."

Ariel nods at Zeita.

Ariel claims, "4 pm EST."

Nedyra states, "... We should probably have a disclaimer somewhere that all times are based on server time, which is EST."

Kinaed claims, "I agree that would be super ideal, but I don't htink it's an easy thing to do in practice."

Ariel states, "I know it's coded in right now as some skills pool more."

Karrina states to Ariel, "Currently the only crafting skills that can be pooled for free are herbalism with the right plants, and woodworking."

Kinaed states, "The game is set up where pooling is actually on the skill on a skill edit menu."

Ariel states, "The hard part would be figuring out the amounts to adjust it by."

Bastien says OOCly, "Also, it's not one crafters fault, so to speak, that someone else chooses a trade that is very expensive."

Ariel states, "Leatherworking, for example, pools more per use than other skills. Because there's so little demand for leather."

Kinaed says, "Crafts are all quite different, so would probably need different calculations for it, and the skill system is flat in that regard across all items."

Zeita states, "6AM huh... possibly doable."

Kinaed claims, "But I recognize that you desire it, I just can't see it happening any time soon."

Ariel states to Zeita, "Haha. Sorry. *wince* So many time zones."

Ariel says to Kinaed, "Noted. I only brought it up because it's already a possible functionality, to be honest."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "It's not physically possible functionality at the moment, it would require a code change, and potentially a messy one."

Bastien says, "I think the ultimate factor to consider when setting pool rates is the amount of time and effort an average player could be expected to expend in a given week and still see satisfactory progress."

Bastien claims, "But that's just me."

Ariel says to Kinaed, "I think it's already in, maybe check with Az."

Kinaed claims to Bastien, "We do that for most skills; if I recall correctly, we aim to have 3ish months to grandmaster a given skill at average rates of play."

Ariel claims to Kinaed, "I could be wrong but I believe I was told it's already set up for skills but most have the same value."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "It's not in."

Ariel states, "Okay."

Ariel claims, "Okay, well, that ends my topics."

Kinaed says, "Right now, in the skedit menu, I can change how much a given skill pools per 'hit', but I cannot put in a calculation of craft level versus skill."

Ariel claims, "I... meant change given skill pools per hit."

Ariel says, "Nothing about craft level."

Kinaed says, "That I can do, but we need some feedback on which skills on the whole are too easy to learn or too hard."

Ariel says, "Some skills are just inherently more difficult/expensive to pool over their entire skill list."

Kinaed claims, "So if you as players have a feeling that something is too easy or hard, please let us know."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "Like magecraft."

Ariel states, "Blacksmithing and magecraft are immediate candidates for too hard."

Bastien says, "Magecraft is hard."

Kinaed says, "That is distinctly different from harder recipes pooling more."

Ariel claims, "Medicine possibly as well given the dearth of ways to train it."

Ariel says, "Sorry, I never meant for harder recipes to pool more. Only adjustment for entire skills."

Kinaed says to Ariel, "I think we got confused then. I was going off the earlier context of what was requested re: crafting."

Ariel nods.

Bastien claims, "No biggie."

Ariel claims, "My idea was unrelated to that, yeah."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we do have illusionmold to discuss and only 10 minutes left."

Samantha states, "Magecraft is hard, but rewarding"

Kinaed says, "I have to warn you - I haven't even seen the thread on the forums."

Temi says, "It's not too thready. You're not missing much."

Nedyra says, "When I'd seen it there was only maybe two or three posts to it."

Kinaed states, "We'll review the skills raised as too hard to level btw."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed muses, "Can someone link me to that post?"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair pontificates, "So, first, just wanted to say I started doodling out the start of a hand drawn, geographic world map of Known Urth! We'll see if I can actually make it look good. On to Illusionmold, it could use a buff. Simple as that!"

Zeita has gone AFK.

Temi questions, "/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=845"

Kinaed cheers re map.

Kinaed muses, "Buff? How so?"

Samantha wonders, "Can we get a reminder of what illusionmeld even does? "

Ariel states, "100% agree on Illusionmold. It USED to be bugged in that your pool of usable illusion stuff was your actual pool, so if the skills were learn blocked, no good. Not sure if it got fixed or it's still bugged."

Bastien states, "I second that post x 1000"

Kinaed states, "You can make any string appear in the game - that's pretty buff."

Ariel says, "You can make about two lines appear per cast, if I recall correctly."

Bastien claims, "It's limited by number of characters"

Kinaed claims, "Only based on skill and circle though."

Bastien claims, "If I recall correctly"

Ariel claims, "At max skill and circle, it was two or three lines last I used it."

Kinaed claims, "If your skill and circle are up there, it's not very limited."

Bastien states, "Yeah, but we're talking maximum skill"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states to Kinaed, "I have both GMed and I'm still getting two lines. On a game where we emote in paragraphs, it suks."

Ariel nods.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "Especially as Air's crowning jewel."

Kinaed nods at an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair.

Ariel claims, "I couldn't use it in RP because my single pose emote was too long, last I recall. Long time ago though."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'll have a read of the thread and review that skill also."

Bastien says, "Emote styles have changed since it was originally design, I'd wager"

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Ariel states, "For sure."

Temi reminds herself to put crown jewels as jeweling's crowning jewel.

Ariel grins at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I last used it in... like... 2003."

Bastien claims, "It's a great skill, everyone agrees"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, we'll have a look at it. 5 more minutes to go, folks. Anyone want to talk about anything?"

Nedyra says, "Reminder: If you want a character blog, I do characgter blogs. And they have a help file."

Nedyra claims, "What I do not do apparently is spelling."

Kinaed muses, "Any more shameless plugs? :)"

Lakali muses, "When do we impliment chickens that attack if you keep hitting them?"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "Recommend me cause I need QP."

Ariel exclaims, "If you want to see Court do anything specific, drop me a line!"

Nedyra states to Kinaed, "I have all kinds of shameless plugs. But that's the week after next. :)"

Lakali claims, "Play that scene from the 'Black Knight'."

Kinaed asks, "Any last minute questions or concerns?"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair queries to Kinaed, "Can gate nodes in the astral be persistent across wipes?"

Bastien states, "I'm freaking hungry. That is all."

Nedyra starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair queries to Kinaed, "And not used upon 'gather'?"

Kinaed claims to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "Not easily."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair snaps.

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "It'd be a cool way to get into a secret hidey mage cave."

Kinaed says to an azure-eyed woman with auburn hair, "Have to be used on gather; they're randomly generated, so if they're not used on gather, eventually the whole game would only be populated with nodes."

Samantha trails off, "Oh that remind me... gate nodes"

Kinaed asks of Samantha, "Yes, m'lady?"

Bastien claims, "We have other ways of transporting into secret places aside from gate nodes."

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Lakali writes this stuff down.

Riley is idle.

Ariel says, "Oh, crap, I forgot."

Samantha muses, "In their little short string they say offering peeks into the mundane realm... can it be made so you can actually look into a gate node and see the other side? So you don't walk into a room filled with twenty people"

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair pontificates to Bastien, "Ways that people can follow!"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed wonders, "Bug that please?"

Ariel asks, "How does staff feel about some way to remove GLs that goes through the Royal Council? Some official IC procedure external to a guild? It's come up in RP"

Bastien states, "Yup. Learn your Earth magic."

Kinaed says to Ariel, "Mixed feelings."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair stews.

Samantha trails off, "Because as it is I am scared shitless of using gate nodes... and kinaed I have brought it up in the past, but yeah i will bug it"

Ariel states, "Sorry, I know we have 2 minutes left, I JUST remember."

Ariel nods at Kinaed.

Ariel says to Kinaed, "I was asked to develop a procedure but am fine eschewing that if need be for OOC reasons."

Kinaed claims, "I think for the moment, the council members should use their influence to hit a GL, a Royal Council vote of disapproval certainly should impact their standing and reputation, at least."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair states, "I love the idea of the Royal Council dismissing a GL. It's thematic, and if all those people want a GL out, they're obviously doing something wrong - at least ICly. Seems like a good extension of their power."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims, "As Lithmore's 'ruling class' nowadays."

Kinaed states, "But the Royal Council doesn't exactly run or rule the guilds per se, so I don't think they'd have a direct ability to just fire someone."

Temi trails off to Ariel, "So if the procedure was 'buy your IPs and go to town'..."

Ariel states, "The Royal Council, btw, I am meaning will have a GL from each guild and the whole Court."

Nedyra finishes his note.

Lakali states, "They could put on political pressure to have them removd likely."

Ariel claims, "Not just a few GLs."

Kinaed claims, "That's still saying the physicians guild gets to vote on if the merchant GL should be allowed to GL, but the Merchants select their GL, etc."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not keen."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims to Kinaed, "It's mentioned in Help Files that the Royal Council puts some of those GLs in power. Such as the EM."

Ariel nods.

Bastien says, "Yeah, there's no reason the IC procedure couldn't be fore the Council to pass a resolution calling for some GLs retirement"

Bastien claims, "And then codedly, to buy IP and put pressure on them"

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Ariel claims, "I'm fine with it being a non-binding resolution we pass as a big IP hit combined."

Ariel states, "Just wanted to make sure the IC discussion tomorrow didn't go places OOC can't back up."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair says, "And then bounties."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair queries, "Right?"

Kinaed claims, "I could see that, and I think it'd have a major effect in game politically, etc, even if it wasn't an immediate ousting."

An azure-eyed woman with auburn hair claims, "Follow it up with bounties."

Samantha trails off, "It will take a small army.... more like 2 people to remove misune"

Samantha trails off, "Or dagerian... i would have misune removed if the court used dagerian"

Nedyra states, "A GL that chooses not to listen would hardly be the first influencial figure in TI's world or RL to decide they don't hear a government ruling."

Nedyra grins.

Lakali queries, "Misune's still a GL?"

Lakali teases.

Kinaed declares, "Okay, that's a wrap! Thank you for coming everyone!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information