Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Kinaed queries, "Okay, today's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have a topic they want to raise to ensure it is spoken about today?"

Samantha states, "Got a little something to bring up yeah"

Kinaed states to Samantha, "What is it? I'll make a note."

Samantha claims, "At the moment lets call it a reminder on cyans"

Samantha claims, "For lack of a better term"

Kinaed states, "I also think Noah may wish to discuss combat ranges, but we've agreed to test that, so he may not want to talk about it either."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Rain claims, "I'd like to add something: Drafting/building the Vandagan quarter as a playerbase."

Aios cheers and hollers for Rain.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "I'm a little loathe to derail the meeting with it for a second time in a row, but since last week I've noticed a new thing with ranges. "

Kinaed states to Rain, "I think that should be updated to 'completing' the Vandagan quarter, but it's on the list now :)"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Maybe just hear if other people are having practical difficulty or not."

Kinaed nods.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "I had a similar experience to Noah today, so it may be worth briefly touching upon."

Casimir claims, "Pfft. Vandagans."

Casimir states, "Who needs 'em."

Samantha smirks

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'm going to assume that anyone interested in raising a topic has told me, and we'll get onto Staff Updates."

Kinaed says, "We'll start with me. Last week I reviewed and validated the Mail POLCA and the Places code."

Kinaed has created the Places Spec Updated[30].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 30)the Places Spec Updated

Alphos claims, "Ooh... I like this."

Samantha raises a hand "Anything different in the places spec from the original one you didn

Morgen is familiar with the concept of places from another mud and likes it, with the addition of eavesdropping

Kinaed states, "I'll just quickly say that there were no changes to the Mail POLCA spec, I just gave Az some examples of what mails should look like."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair queries, "Will mails have a default From: field?"

Kinaed states, "Yes."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair wonders, "Can you send anonymous mails without forgery?"

Azarial likes the dummy string 'Elvis'.

Kinaed states, "Yes."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Awesome, that's my only concern."

Casimir looks at a book in his hands.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "This is dope."

Aios claims to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "Good question."

Casimir looks at a book in his hands.

Morgen studies the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed states, "Places has changed in the Eavesdropping section, mostly."

Casimir states, "Lol. So I can just remove people from my conversation. Sounds like another thing to add to the community standards discussion, because I'm sure that will come up in hostile scens."

Alphos looks at a book in his hands.

Alyra looks at a book in her hands.

Ignace studies the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed says to Casimir, "Removing someone from your convo won't mean much if they can observe you still, btw, it just means they can't talk back without rejoining."

Beronica looks at a book in her hands.

Morgen studies the Places Spec Updated.

Casimir asks, "That's... weird. So basically OOCly muting them, in an IC scene?"

Kinaed states, "I'm wondering if 'eavesdropping' should be renamed to 'observe' or something."

Kinaed states, "No, they can still speak, it's just htat they can't speak so only the table can hear them"

Alyra looks at a book in her hands.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "So you kick 'em out and they have to shout at the table from a distance."

Alphos looks at a book in his hands.

Azarial states, "Or the whole room hears them instead"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "Though I do wonder if kick should be contested... eh."

Kinaed claims, "They're not at a distance and not shouting, they just can't hide their emotes/says to be table only"

Kinaed states, "Okay, and so that's that. Az is working on the Mail POLCA."

Kinaed states, "That's viewed as higher priority atm than Places Code."

Kinaed claims, "I also approved and implemented some new help files for Troubadours."

Kinaed states, "In particular, Troubs have some more thematic rights based on a sort of 'media' type role."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "Excellent."

Kinaed claims, "Next week I intend to finish up some Masque help files and I'm rewriting all of the religion help files to match the new Erra Pater, and hopefully get rid of some wasted help files that are just 'more for newbies to read'."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "It's cool, though that right to show up places went in in a stronger form than I was expecting... it doesn't even have to be public."

Samantha rolls eyes on the troubadour "Is that really thematic given the history of the current troubadours guild

Samantha states, "The recent ic history is one of being tied with mages and brotherhood connections"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Honestly? No more so than any other guild."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Every guild has had large spates of mage activity in recent history."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Well, even if that makes up a large percentage of the -PCs-, and I'm not sure it does, that doesn't represent the VNPC guild as a whole."

Kinaed claims, "No, it doesn't. I think it was realistic and thematic if we take the same approach as if they were the 'modern media'. It's not illegal ot kick them out, but it's got the same social stigma as if the president refused the media entry to his talks and discussions. People will wonder what's going on and suspect corruption/fear of being heard by the public"

A herculean woman with dreadlocks claims to Ignace, "Your outfit is done. "

A herculean woman with dreadlocks says, "Erg"

A herculean woman with dreadlocks says, "Beronica"

Kinaed nods at a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes.

A herculean woman with dreadlocks says, "Can I have trans back, I have to go"

Beronica waves to a herculean woman with dreadlocks.

A herculean woman with dreadlocks has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed asks, "Okay, I think that wraps me up?"

Samantha shrugs "But I also have to ask.. why did we take a 'modern' view when this isn'tmodern? this is medieval persay.. Although While I think it is interesting I just hope bardic sceptors aren't handed out like candy

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're next."

Azarial claims, "First up, no baby this week."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "It's not a modern view, I'm using that as an example to show the feeling and theme we're trying to suggest."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair grins.

Azarial states, "But we're getting down to the wire."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "Historically, in real history, Bards were sacred people to the Celts who carried news, etc, very similar to this."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi exclaims, "Best luck to you and A!"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "Baby wire."

Kinaed says, "Thus Az's time may suddenly disappear, etc."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Understandably."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes declaims, "God, the miracle of life is so selfish. -We- need Azarial! ;)"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "So joking."

Kinaed says, "Az is planning on taking time off. :)"

Azarial says, "Otherwise, i've been working on the bug list, and cleared a few more crash bugs. still trying to chase down the weird string stuff in the reconnecting into a mail."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Very grateful for that."

Azarial says, "Also discovered (and fixed) that half of the schdule polca wasn;t finished. looking into that issue."

Samantha falls to her knees and shouts "Noooo! What will we do without Az.. how will we survive!"

Kinaed claims, "We'll be fine until it crashes :)"

Beronica claims to Samantha, "We will just have to sacrifice mages for their speedy return."

Samantha claims, "Oh yeah thanks for that azarial.. surprised schedule had been so funky.."

Temi states, "It's not a highly used one from people, so it took a bit to discover any kinks."

Azarial says, "Let's see. assorted typos, a few spell tweaks, validated the skeleton recipe with a use, some disease issues with sofr_affs."

Kinaed claims, "I think it's because we wrote it out flat, then intended to use a POLCA to write them up, and never did that to finish it off."

Azarial says to Samantha, "No one has used it to test it for me."

Samantha stares at Beronica "Yeah i got a few we can sacrifice..." Smirks to Azarial "Ah.. now i feel special regarding being the one to test it..

Azarial states, "Still working on reading over mail to make sure I understand it before I start. it's a bit irritating aon all sides when i misread something adn have to rip it all out and start over."

Kinaed nods solemnly.

Azarial says, "I believe I need to finish 'feed' as well, but i've bee more focused on makig sure that soft affects work proeprly in all cases, up to and including removing the old style poison handlers."

October is idle.

Azarial says, "Also looking at removing the old potion handling in favor of the soft affects, so once temi okays that, potions should have liquid types beyond water."

Alphos drops the Places Spec Updated.

Alyra drops the Places Spec Updated.

Azarial states, "And i canot think of anything else on my end."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Thanks."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Temi states, "Okay! So, I finished up chandlery's beauty products addition.. and then revisited it with some comments from our local chandlers, and ended up increasing durations and uses at their behest."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Now we will all be beautiful."

Rain does the Running Man.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "Very cool, Temi."

Temi says, "Then I went on to swapping magecrafting potions over to soft_affects, and then the various drugged objects as well."

Casimir claims, "I'm already too beautiful. God forbid I get ahold of makeup."

October is no longer idle.
October has returned from AFK.

Morgen wonders, "I'm sorry, I spaced out for a second and my scrollback's not working. I heard mention of sacrifice and testing, I wasn't aware it was in or ready for testing. Is that true?"

Samantha rolls eyes "All these upstart gentry will try to look as fabulous as us nobles.. We must exterminate them casimir."

Temi states, "If you notice any other purchased drugs that aren't on the soft affect system, let me know."

Temi states, "I think I got them all, but not sure."

Alphos shakes his fist at Samantha.

Azarial says to Morgen, "Testing of the scheduler and relate dpolca"

Morgen nods to az "Ah, gotcha, okay, carry on"

Temi says, "And I made some recipes to split cooked drinks into cups. That's coffee, tea and hot chocolate."

Samantha oh so casually walks up behind Alphos and stabs him with a steel rapier with flowering vines etched along it's blade and walks away casually again

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "So awesome. I wish we could do the same with casks, but I recognize that'd be super burdensome. Maybe split for drinks or something, Iunno."

Azarial claims, "Oh yes; single bite foods should print their @eat and @tastes again."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Woo! Thanks for fixing that."

Temi says, "I think that finishes off my current projects... so I'm looking to see where to focus my attention next. Not sure if that should be transferring tailoring over to new crafting or something else. So if there was someting I promised to do for you... let me know."

Temi claims, "And that's me this week."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair wonders to Temi, "Was it you who was gonna fix the inconsistencies/issues in brewing?"

Kinaed muses, "Awesome. That brings us to Player Heartbeat. How's the RP of late, and anything the staff can/should be doing to help out?"

Temi claims, "Yes, I think I was going to look at that. Thanks. I'll do that."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "Awesome stuff, Tem."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "RP's been nuts, in a good way. "

Aios nods in agreement with a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "I've had lots of great scenes this week! I'm actually paused in an awesome one, but I wanted to attend the OOC meeting. :D"

Samantha raises hand and smirks "All 2 hours of my rp on like three different alts this morning was awesome! Yeah."

Kinaed says, "Hehe, we'll get back to the regular programming shortly."

Beronica says, "Been doing RP to finish getting the tournament next Sunday ready."

Samantha claims, "Glad to be back"

Kinaed says, "Also, you can log in an alt to attend this meeting and keep RPing."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Oh, Beronica, I don't think I've mentioned: I love you."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "I love nothing more than a tournament."

Kinaed claims, "I've gotten a request to lift a ban that I'm uncertain about, btw."

Beronica wonders to Kinaed, "Tyana?"

Kinaed claims to Beronica, "Rurik."

Beronica blinks a little.

Samantha looks to Kinaed arching a brow "Intrigueing.. Haven't seen rurik in forever..

Beronica states, "I didn't know that he was banned. Just thought that he had left due to RL issues."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Probably because he was banned. Policy board 79."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "He finally flipped out and was like "JUST BAN ME" so... yeah."

Kinaed says to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "We didn't ban him for that."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair trails off, "He was a problem so many times before that though, honestly..."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair exclaims to Kinaed, "Oh, I misremember then!"

Kinaed states to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "We banned him for continuously being rude and difficult on OOC Channels, swearing, etc."

Beronica states, "Ahh...High maintenance player then."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Doesn't sound like a bad ban then."

Kinaed says to Beronica, "Very high maintenance."

Kinaed says to Beronica, "And very negative."

Azarial claims, "He tended to alienate new players in the ooc chats, as i recall, and they would not return."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes queries, "Oh man, really?"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "Boooooo."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, he says it was a year ago, he's much more stable and wants a second chance."

Samantha bangs heads against wall "The name sounds familiar.. Why can't i remember.. rurik von Uname? can't remember the last name exactly.. but yeah I remember him now.. Honestly I would do a trial run.. first time he slips up.. well

October muses, "Just ban him again if it happens?"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "I remember the constant headaches."

Beronica states, "I'm all for second chances. Just give him a zero tolerance probations."

Azarial states, "On a smei-related note, be sure to vote, so we have new players to add to the mix"

Beronica claims to Samantha, "Uravov."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "He got about a million second chances first."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Uvarov"

Beronica says, "I already voted today Az."

Alphos stops using a softwood cane with a spiraling design along the length.
Alphos holds a whimsical bouquet of colorful daisies with apple blossoms in his hand.

Given a tiny little jiggle of the bouquet, a wooden bumblebee and
butterfly peeking out from between the flowers bounce playfully on thin
metal wires.

Alphos stops using a whimsical bouquet of colorful daisies with apple blossoms.
Alphos holds a softwood cane with a spiraling design along the length in his hand.

Kinaed claims to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "And his misperception of his attitude and the trouble he caused is the big thing. I don't know that his apology and remorse actually implies he'll act differently because he just didn't take responsibility for anything or seem to understand that he should."

Kinaed asks, "So if I let him back, will he actually behave differently? Can he?"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states to Kinaed, "I don't have a good feeling about the second time round being different from the first, honestly."

Kinaed says, "Anyway, if you guys are of the mind (as mentioned earlier) to let him back on a trial basis, I can do that."

Kinaed claims to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "I don't either."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "I feel like a jerk but I'd rather he stay gone."

Rain queries, "I feel pretty sketchy on the details but I believe there were steps being taken to conclude Rurik's story. Would it make any difference, do you think, if the player was starting with a new -character- as well?"

Kinaed claims to Rain, "No, I don't think the problems were IC at all."

Samantha waves a finger about at Beronica "That was it!" looks to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair "I remember this alot of what was seen on a public scale and read through the policy board a while ago and remember.. however it has been a year or close to it.. And honestly kinaed we won't know unless we take the chance."

Kinaed claims, "Though I agree sometimes people act differently even OOCly when slipping on a different skin."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "He was Yves too, if folks recall."

Alyra states, "As a newb, I don't know him, and don't care to. In my experiance, no one changes, and I'm not really for second chances. :) But, I'm kinda a bastage. If you want more warm bodies for this game, go recruit some dogs you don't know."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair laughs.

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi gives a whimsical bouquet of colorful daisies with apple blossoms to a stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes.

Casimir says, "He was a pretty big dick, and as a new player at the time, it was pretty discouraging."

Kinaed claims, "I think there's people who would be uncomfortable lifting the ban, so I'll tell him no."

Kinaed claims, "Resolved, thanks for your points of view on that one."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "Any time anybody's ever been banned on TI:L, it's been a great, great relief afterward."

Kinaed nods at a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair.

Kinaed states, "We do not ban lightly."

A dark blonde green-eyed young woman has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi gives a whimsical bouquet of colorful daisies with apple blossoms to a dark blonde green-eyed young woman.

Kinaed says, "Okay, that leads us to player topics. A moment whilst I look at my list."

Kinaed wonders to Samantha, "You had a reminder to cyans you wanted to bring up?"

Samantha says, "Yep.. give me a second to get my post ready"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Beronica disposes of the Places Spec Updated.

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes gets the Places Spec Updated.

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes looks at a book in his hands.

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes studies the Places Spec Updated.

Kaiden has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a whimsical bouquet of colorful daisies with apple blossoms to Kaiden.

Samantha clears throat "Alright in what little Rp i had this early morning or my late last night I was disturbed to discover a seemingly rather new character was from his description practically burned at the post for not recognizing a noble.. Now I am all for nobles getting respect but if it is a brand new player they may not know all the nobles right off the back and cut them a little slack.. As of right now he does not appear to have a very positive ooc view of nobles and that is never good. I will not name names but just know with new players they are cyan for a reason

Kinaed claims to Kaiden, "Sam is putting together a topic introduction, should just be a minute."

Samantha claims, "Not burned at the post in a literal ic sense but he felt attacked on an ooc note for knowledge he would not possess oocly"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I thiiiink I was present for this, actually."

Temi claims, "As a note, you don't need to change your RP with cyans. Just make sure they understand what they are doing on an OOC level, and possibly give them a chance to take things back or redo them."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Alphos trails off, "Hrm... I didn't think you could get burnt or executed for disrespecting a noble. A liberal flogging maybe..."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "It could have been handled more gently, but to my knowledge the rebuke was entirely IC, and it was not actually all that brutal. Pretty much just a short, verbal rebuke. I might have scaled back the reaction had it been my noble, but to my knowledge it didn't cross the OOC line, and there were no actual bad consequences to the character that I saw."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "Still, as a cyan he may have taken it hard."

Kinaed states, "Which means it's okay to give them IC trouble, but it should be accompanied with a 'hey, just so you know, check out this help file - did you want to take that back?' and maybe modertating my response."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "As much as it can suck to be in that position... hrm. A player may have difficulty here if they perceive a verbal rebuke given entirely ICly as OOCly offensive/insulting."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I think that's a very fair point, Kin."

Kinaed states, "We have to remember that cyans don't know our culture yet."

Temi claims, "It may be appropriate to remember that cyans don't realize it didn't really matter and send a tell along with that of friendliness."

Samantha nods to Temi "Exactly.. just help them understand where there character went wrong so they.. and from what I was told it was accompanied by a fine..

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "I saw the noble in question say explicitly on an OOC channel that it was just IC and no hard feelings."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "To reassure the new player."

Kinaed states, "We want them to stick around, so we need to be gentle, not necessarily changing what we'd do ICly, but helping them get up to speed about what is happening ICly, why it is happening, and giving them a chance to control what is happening."

Kinaed nods at a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair.

Temi states, "We want the people to stick around who will have fun in our game."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "I wonder if we do need a guide for nobles. Nobody tells you how to handle this stuff."

Kinaed says, "That's good, and is sort of half way there."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "I know the noble requested a present Reeve fine the character, but I don't know the particulars past that. It looked to me like the Reeve was probably gonna let it go, but I can't attest to it. ;)"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "No fine is on the books right now but it could have happened and been paid, can't say."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes pontificates, "Certainly the cyan seemed like a nice kid, and I hope he doesn't take it too bad!"

Kaiden claims, "Just because said noble says it over the ooc channel doesnt mean the new player doesnt take it hard. Because he is new. I know what its like to get flogged while new for not knowing stuff of nobles and the like, It royaly sucks and is a little pushing away."

Morgen is idle.

Samantha shrugs to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair "I'm just going off what I saw and heard.. Wasn't meaning this as a like attack at anybody just more of a reminder.."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "Nah, it -is- a good point to raise."

Kinaed claims, "I think 'Sorry to be an IC jerk' is not sufficient. I'd rather something more like 'I know my char seems like a jerk, but I'm doing this for thematic reasons. Please read this help file (theme)- if you want, we can take it back?' and give them the option to bow out or change their action."

Kinaed nods at Kaiden.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair wonders, "Do people playing nobles feel like it's hard to know how to ICly act and deal with disrespect and stuff?"

Casimir says, "Not in the slightest."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states to Kinaed, "I kinda like that as a standardized statement."

Casimir says, "Wait, do I still count? >.>"
A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair grins at Casimir.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes laughs.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Yeah Kin, I think that's absolutely an ideal response."

Temi exclaims to Casimir, "You still have experience with it!"

Kinaed states to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "It's part of the help cyan thing. People should be allowing Cyans to correct their IC course."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair nods.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "I mean, maybe putting that very specific statement in the helpfile."

Samantha looks to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair "Frankly samantha has a 'One mistake rule' If she has never seen the person before she doubts they have seen her and does not expect them to know she is a noble but will make it known

Kinaed states to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "I will."

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes says, "I think it could help to have the helpfiles that are -really- needed displayed at chargen automatically."

Kinaed queries to a stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes, "Do you have examples of ones that are missing or...?"

Casimir says, "Honestly, I don't know the specifics, and I think people are jumping a bit too fast to conclusions. It'd be nice to talk to the two players in question about it. If the Cyan is taking offense to something as simple as being called a bad name? That's being a little sensitive."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "But in general nobles probably shouldn't penalize folks who have no way to recognize them."

Ignace says, "Display automatically? Sounds spammy."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Just as an overall policy."

Casimir states, "If the noble is going on and on and on because the cyan forgot to call them m'lord? That's a bit annoying."

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes says to Kinaed, "Oh, I sorta meant like having them assisted to them or something. It could have the potential to be spammy though, as onyx said."

Samantha nods in agreeance with Casimir

Kinaed states, "I think there's a good point here, though. Cyans aren't experienced players who know the theme, so they shouldn't be punished by it, and it's our experienced player's responsibility - and staff's- to ensure that this is being handled properly."

Kinaed says, "The point is important, regardless of who was right or wrong in this situation."

Temi claims, "We do have a list of helpfiles in chargen. If they aren't the right ones, we need to adjust it."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Cyans are the most likely to not be able to recognize nobles just by dress, IC titles and mannerisms, so punishing people before the noble has outright said "Hi, I'm Lord/Lady so and so" is likely to sting newbies disproportionately. But nobody explicitly tells nobles to play it that way."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "Having too many superfluous ones there makes it less likely the important ones get read."

Kinaed says, "I've actually gotten out my old noble's handbook from TI2 and was hoping to dust it off and spiffy it up for TI: Legacy."

Casimir says, "I think the current environment is fine, and it's just a matter of informing people how to treat cyans - especially the nobility."

Casimir says to Kinaed, "I was going to suggest that if you didn't. I read it while I was browsing. =P"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "Nobles have more power, so they need more guidance."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I think we need to be careful about how many and which help files we tell new players to read."

Samantha nods to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair "Exactly... They won't know what to look for so given them a chance.. I will admit i am a little more harsh to cyans if i know they are a returning player.. but i tread lightly on that.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I should do a recommend for it, but as a kind of related note: Everybody should prop Tellen when they get the chance. He took a cyan into a private scene to try and tutor him a little, when it was clear the cyan was very new to a RP-heavy environment. It was really smoothly handled and very good of him."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, we've got some action points on this one - spiffy up the nobles handbook. Update help cyan to include the take-back rules and the ooc explanation, review the help files new players read on login to decide if we should add the noblec ourtesy ones."

Temi says, "Definitely throw a recommend for that."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes nods at Temi.

October is idle.

Casimir claims, "Mostly, it's good for players to learn this stuff during play. That's how it's the most fun. As a noble, you should take steps to make sure that perceived slights are actually IC slights and not born from OOC ignorance. Simple as that."

Kinaed says to a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes, "I've awarded Tellen 2 QP for that."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes questions to Kinaed, "Oh, sweet. Should I still put in a coded recommend?"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims to Casimir, "Yeah, that's my rule of thumb."

Kinaed says to a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes, "Sure, if you like."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes nods.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "Give 'em a million chances to back out before you pull out the whip."

Kinaed states, "Though... actually no."

Kinaed says, "Recommends are supposed to be for driving RP. I awarded Tellen :)"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes pontificates, "That works!"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next topic, as we're short on time: "

Kinaed states, "Honor claims, "I'd like to add something: Drafting/building the Vandagan quarter as a playerbase." <-- For what it is worth, there's about 3/4 of a Vandagan quarter already built."

Rain declares, "You mentioned the Vandagan quarter just needs completing versus being built so that changes my suggestion some. With respect to the effort involved in completing any sort of major zone, I wanted to see if it would be possible for players to help out at all!"

Kinaed states, "Yours truly did not finish it and sort of let it slide because I'm not good at building shops."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "That's okay, they're only Vandagans. *ducks*"

Kinaed states to Rain, "I'd be happy to have player help, but I probably should run it past Vaire and Enid first since it's really their bailiwick."

Samantha smirks to a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair

Kinaed claims, "The Vandagan quarter has a Colosseum, and a few other things. "

Temi claims, "I can help coordinat player help and seeing what still needs done if Vaire and Enid don't want to do it."

Samantha states, "Bah.. too many grey, women and tall folks"

Alyra is idle.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "A Colosseum?! Sick."

Alyra is no longer idle.

Rain claims, "Sure! Thanks for letting me raise the suggestion."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Alyra has returned from AFK.

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair trails off, "I remember you wanted some complex mprogs for the Colosseum. That would be fun..."

Kinaed claims to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "Did you want to talk ranges now? We're almost out of time. Or you and I can discuss offline after."

A stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes states to Temi, "I wouldn't mind helping out a little."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says to Kinaed, "Lemme just drop it as a quick question:"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "So it used to be that weapons had ranges that worked +1/-1 without penalty. Medium weapons could attack at medium-far, medium, and medium-close. This worked great for spars, etc. because fighters with different weapons could fight."

Temi nods at a stocky Vandagan man with light blue eyes.

Temi says, "I'll talk to them and figure out what we're going to do."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair queries, "The recent change removed the +1/-1 sans penalty, as I just found out in a spar over the last week. Has anybody else had trouble with this?"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "I had the exact same problem in a spar this morning with Aaranth. At medium-close, he could not use a sword without penalty."

Aios queries to a hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair, "Is this after last week's test, you mean?"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says to Aios, "Yeah."

Kaiden states, "Yeah when I got my butt stomped I had the issue with a mace."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair says, "If you have a medium-weapon fighter and a close-weapon fighter they can't fight except at close, for example."

Casimir says, "More reason to branch out into other weapons! ^.^"

Samantha waggles his eyebrows "Unarmed for the win!"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims to Casimir, "In practice, though, it means you can't do, say, a friendly spar on even ground. Problematic a week before the tournament."

Kaiden says, "Or just learn to be a mage and smite people when they get within your prefered range. *nodnod*"

Kinaed claims, "I've had a quick review of the Reeve channel - just to note, it is true, no one is supposed to fall off the table and auto-miss."

Kinaed says, "From the perspective of what is there now, however, versus before:"

Kinaed claims, "Before you had a range of sweetspot +1/-1 where you could hit. No penalties, nothing. But, if you weren't in range +1/-1, you couldn't hit at all. "

Kinaed states, "Players didn't like that, felt it was too harsh. So we installed a gradient."

Kinaed says, "Now it's sweet spot and closer can hit, sweet spot +1 further can hit, and if you're not in your sweet spot, it's a gradient about how badly it effects you."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair states, "Not sweet spot +1 further at the moment."

Kinaed says, "In my mind, if being out of the sweet spot is as bad as to cause an auto miss, that is a hard range."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "It's sweet spot and closer, not further at all."

Kinaed claims, "I think you're wrong about that, or it's not programmed according to spec."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "I.e., close weapon can fight at close and no other range, not even medium-close."

Samantha strums fingers since they have nothing to add to this topic at hand

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so you may have uncovered a bug."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "At medium-close with dagger I had no penalty, at medium- unable to hit at all."

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair wonders, "Hrm. Are you sure, Cam?"

Kinaed states, "I think a dagger is a close weapon."

Aios says, "Be glad to help test again after the thing if necessary =) cause that sounds nasty if accurate."

Casimir states to a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes, "Give me back my sword! We can test this now."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "100%"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "It was weird."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so I think we're back into a few rounds of testing when this chat is over."

Kaiden states, "No its mine"

Kaiden grins at Casimir.

Kinaed says, "I'll take Aios and Noah again if that's okay? No offense to anyone else, it's just that they were privy to last week's testing, so probably know what we're looking for."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "I think losing the -1 is a problem."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes pontificates, "Of course!"

Kinaed queries, "WE're also 5 minutes over the end of the chat. Any protests to wrapping this up?"

A hazel-eyed man with wavy chestnut hair claims, "None here."

Samantha claims, "I got no problem with that kinaed.. afterall i got to get this log up"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "(As a last point on that, I beat him badly with 0% skill in dagger, because the range penalty for him was so severe)"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks again, everyone, for attending our chat."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair pontificates, "Many thanks to the combat testers and staff for all your hard work this week!"

Kinaed smiles.
Lurks the Forums

• Information