Log of OOC Meeting 3/1/14

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Kinaed questions, "Can I get a volunteer Scribe to put this log up on the forums?"

Samantha raises hand

Gordon exclaims, "Me!"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Foxes are adorable"

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes states, "Too slow Portly."

Rickart declares, "Eld!"

Kinaed says, "I'll give it to Sam because she was qucik on the ball. Next time."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Yes, Yellow is Eld"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, everyone happy to get started? There's a lot of people in the room, so to keep scroll from getting crazy, please keep the chatter down to talk about topics, etc, instead of misc hugging and jokes, okay?"

Rickart nods.

Rain begins to count their money.

Azarial wonders, "Please? am mobile; tiny shitty screen"

Rain questions, "May I please have some gift coin?"

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Kinaed gives Rain some coins.

Kinaed states to Rain, "My Apologies."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else missing their gift?"

Rain says, "No worries! Thanks very much."

Kinaed states, "Staff Updates. I will begin."

Carmen claims, "Player-topics wise, I'd like to bring up making animal body parts junkable in the wilderness. "

Kinaed questions, "Animal body parts added to the agenda. Anyone else have a topic they want to ensure is spoken about today?"

Samantha states, "I do. The topic i was going to bring up last week but we ran out of time"

Kinaed asks of Samantha, "What is that so I can jot it down?"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes muses, "The hunting idea I posted some months ago that everyone loved but is still under consideration?"

Samantha states, "It is about papercrafting and scribing.."

Kinaed says to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "That isn't going to happen soon, but we like it and want to add it."

Kinaed questions to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "Beyond that, did you still want to discuss it further?"

Samantha claims, "Felt i would bring it up here since Noone has responded in the topic i created for it on the forum."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes asks, "Did we ever settle wealth /silver to death XP?"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes says, "Was just curious what makes the determination of when ideas leave "under consideration" to "accepted" or "rejected""

Aios claims to a slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes, "That's in."

Kinaed claims to a slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes, "Yes, wealth/silver will not go to death XP because the currency remains in game and added to the economy after death."

Kinaed claims, "Class XP is added."

Aios states, "Ah whoops, meant class. My bad."

Kinaed says to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "I tend to respond and move them when I decide."

Kinaed states, "But sometimes I'm lax. Hunting is wanted, just not ready yet."

Rickart wonders, "Re: the silver. If you die with 20k in your bank, though, doesn't it just poof?"

Kinaed states, "Anything else to add? If not, I'll start with my update. Az doesn't have long to chat."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "Okays. I'd like to bring up discovering latents then to the list. As it seems to be...incredibly hard to do these days. "

Kinaed claims, "Added."

Kinaed says, "Okay, last week, I - approved a lot of requests, and reminded Az to focus on finishing herbalism (addiction and lacing) + moving on to Places code. I approved temi to write a spec for thrown weapons, and I'm mid-spec for ranged combat (bows, etc)."

Beronica looks up from her knitting. "That sounds awesome."

Kinaed questions, "Next week, I intend to finish that ranged combat weapon spec. That wraps me up. Azarial, I know you're on a mobile - can you write a one-to-two line update, or do you want to be skipped today?"

Kinaed says to Beronica, "Thanks. Actually, I'd love it, after this is done, hash out some problems with ranged weapons with you all - but we can do it over OOC."

Azarial states, "Added addiction, fixed bugs, working on lace, revieewrd support nimbers (no weirdenss, no changes)"

Azarial states, "Looking at bid influence bug reported, and possible ip miscalculayion. need logs and testing"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Black muses, "Will a helpfile to addiction be added soon?"

Kinaed states to Black, "Yes, let me jot that down. If you want to typo it, we'd appreciate the reminder."

Azarial says, "Umm. adjusted some imm commands for builder esse. working on s way to tag ongrid versis offhrid for apertures"

Azarial claims, "Not sure what else"

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that concludes staff updates today because the rest of the staff couldn't make it."

Kinaed asks, "Our next Agenda Item is Player Heartbeat - how was RP in the last week, folks? Anything the staff could or should be doing to help?"

Carmen claims, "Having fun, but definite Regency Quest fatigue - glad it's winding down. *grin*"

Gordon says, "Been interesting to say the least for me."

Kinaed queries, "Yeah - it's finalized the day after tomorrow your time, right?"

Carmen states, "Yes."

Herazade agrees with Carmen. Fun and fatigue. :)

Samantha laughs maniaclly "Oh what sweet hell i unleashed at the debate.. But what little i have had has been good.. And Carmen i felt this same fatigue during the lundsend quest..

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Had some good RP! Things seem quiet, though. In the 'no chaos' sense of quiet."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "I don't have said fatigue. I apparently came in halfway."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "We could use a good crisis."

Rickart says, "Personally I've found it a bit difficult in my second week here to find RP outside of the tavern. I tend to see the WHERE list showing like 10 rooms with 1 person and maybe one public room or none on there. I don't know if that's people hiding from fatigue or my inexperience with finding RP other than the tavern. Around the Keep has been quiet lately with Haidar scarce due to his new job"

Stitch claims, "Minor crisis down Southside but I believe that was swiftly taken care of. Traps are nasty."

Kinaed questions, "Hera raised that she had a fatigue to me over the event. Is two weeks a good time period, or should it be a bit longer or shorter?"

Carmen claims, "Shorter, I think."

Carmen says, "I liked the 10-day frame."

Maxwell says, "Give me an excuse to slaughter a baddie."

Azarial has left the game.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes declaims, "Oh, and props to the merchants for putting on that faire yesterday. That was fun!"

Shaylei says, "Definitely shorter."

Samantha says, "I think frankly 10 is too short.. If someone really wants this position they should be willing to last the whole time"

Beronica states to Rickart, "I'm having similar problems with finding RP. There are so many new people in the game, I just have not had a chance to get ties to so many.""

Kinaed states, "I don't think it's just the person wanting the position who might get tired of it."

Carmen says, "I don't even have a candidate and it tires me out, haha. It just feels like it hangs over the game."

Kinaed says, "I'll put a poll on the forums though to get an overall view."

Aios claims, "I think two weeks is good. Some people can't do weekdays, and while we can't cater to EVERYONE's timeline, two full weeks means they at least get a chance to RP week one, and decide/post week 2."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

Aios states, "Seems like ages for those of us that are on every day though, I agree there."

Kinaed nods.

Samantha nods in agreement with Aios..

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Longer timeframes give better chance for major upsets, like the Lundsend quest had"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "Which I like"

Carmen trails off, "But when they don't happen..."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll put up a poll on the forums to get a wider view than just those who could attend today."

Carmen exclaims, "The same person's been in the lead since almost day 1 and you're like "decide already!""

Carmen nods at Kinaed.

Samantha cringes at mention of lundsend "That was a blood bath.. So much intrigue and backstabbing going on..

Diana nods in agreement with Carmen.

Rickart nods at Beronica.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "I'm sad that this campaign hasn't been quite as bloody, far as I can tell"

Kinaed claims, "Surprised there wasn't more blood in this one, given the new installation of poisons and whatnot and it's for the Crown, not just a little inky-dinky barony."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes nods at Kinaed.

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "No lacing yet"

Kinaed nods at a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes.

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Might I recommend blowguns"

Rain says, "I confess I felt uncertain how to really get involved, but that's on me."

Kinaed claims, "Alrighty-then, next agenda item: Player Topics."

Kinaed states to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "You can."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "That can be used from a hiding place"

Beronica points to a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair. "Exactly that. No way to deliver said poisons without Imm intervention."

Samantha says, "Thing is kinaed. Lundsend you had gentry and freeman alike going for the title.. This you only have nobles which highly limits the intrigue and stuff"

Kinaed trails off to Samantha, "I'm not sure I see how that limits any intrigue..."

Diana states, "And everyone's attempting to look like some happy pretty noble-woman saint."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes says, "You can murder Nobles just as well."

Kinaed nods at a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes.

Maxwell states, "I should be running for something crazy."

Beronica states, "I wonder how bloody and viscous it would have been if Casimir would have been allowed to run."

Kinaed claims, "He was allowed, to my knowledge."

Samantha states, "Not icly.."

Kinaed claims, "Members who wanted to run just typed a nominate."

Kinaed queries, "How would anyone stop him?"

Carmen claims, "He was already wanted at the start, that was the problem."

Stitch states, "Quick question for the imms - do you think that poison traps would ever be added in? Not to push that hard, just curious. Traps in general, too."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "Yeah, poison traps would be great"

Kinaed says, "Eventually, maybe. Soon? No."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Poison traps, lacing, and blowguns."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Maybe poisoning weapons as well."

Carmen says, "Oh, also why I think we got less intrigue this time:"

Kinaed says, "Lacing is on the docket very soon."

Carmen says, "The winner-up gets to keep their PC."

Samantha nods to Carmen "Thing is codewise yes he could have ran.. icly it would be a laughing matter..

Carmen states, "So if you do something crazy, you sacrifice the chance to keep your noble."

Kinaed says to Carmen, "Interesting point."

Kinaed states, "I'm kinda happy with the runner up getting to keep their PC given that there's been shifts in who the runner up is consistently."

Beronica says, "And the main reason I have not put any kind of vote in was because I do not know these characters."

Samantha says, "Also about that kinaed.. I foresee a problem.. "

Kinaed claims, "Even now, I logged in yesterday and Kiyarin was ahead, now Kiana is."

Carmen claims, "Yeah, I'm not against it necessarily, but it gives strong motivation to play a safe game."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "I think people didn't want to ruin their chances doing anything super negative intrigue wise. "

Kinaed nods at a slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes.

Kinaed states, "It's probably a fair point. I'll keep it in mind when we get to the next one."

Diana agrees with Carmen. "People are all playing it pretty safe. Safe characters, mostly safe personalities, and few have differing opinions.

Kinaed nods at Diana.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, next agenda item? Animal body parts? Who raised that? Can you introduce it for us?"

Carmen states, "Me. So when people butcher they can't choose what to butcher, so they get a lot of wasted body parts."

Samantha looks to Diana and smirks "Not all of us.. You weren't there but samantha pretty much went against the samael family.. major differing opinion

Carmen says, "They just drop them in the room and leave them to clutter stuff up, and though they decay, they decay slowly."

Carmen claims, "Some ability to junk things in the wilderness would fix that up."

Kinaed muses, "Don't they load in the mob corpse?"

Carmen says, "No."

Diana states, "I absolutely agree with that. The wilderness is a big mess, people are leaving parts around everywhere."

Carmen states, "You use the butcher command to get them, and they show up in your inventory."

Rain wonders, "Oh hey, CAN you stick them back in the corpse before burying?"

Samantha nods in agreement with Carmen "Thank god you brought this up.. I hate going into the wilderness as of late..

Rain states, "I may never have tried that."

Carmen says, "I don't THINK so? But I've never tried either."

Carmen states, "Corpses aren't containers"

Kinaed says, "Arf. Were supposed to load in the corpse so people could only take what they wanted and leave/burn/bury the rest. I'll make some notes that we may need to either change that or allow people to junk objs in wilderness"

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes muses, "Sounds like an partially IC issue? "

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "Make it illegal to leave out a mess out in the wilderness."

Kinaed says, "I've jotted some notes, so we'll think about it and see what we can do. Allowing junk in the wilderness might well cover it."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Kind of hard to assume it was a PC that left animal bits around instead of another animal"

Stitch says, "How would you enforce that? Lol."

Samantha , arches a brow and looks at a slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes "And how would you enforce this? How would anyone know who left what..

Carmen states, "Junk in wilderness would be nice. My preferred fix."

Rain nods in agreement.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Agreed"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, next agenda item: Discovering Latents is hard."

Gordon queries, "Maybe extend bury to animal parts as well?"

Aios nods at Gordon.

Kinaed wonders, "Who introduced it, can we get some more info-context, and an introduction to the topic?"

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes states, "Ah I did. "

Herazade has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Rickart says, "Miss Cyrus"

Samantha runs through the streets shouting "It's not suppose to be easy!"While muttering to self "But it has been harder as of late..

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes grins

Kinaed states, "I have to admit, since latents will eventually awaken on their own without interference, and because I do like the game for mages to be about how they progress when they're severely marginalized in society, I'm not sure I personally view this as a problem that needs fixing."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes muses, "They re-enabled latents activating randomly? Doesn't that reveal you as a mage to everyone in the room?"

Samantha says, "But really.. The most common phrase i get from staff when it comes to how hard something is in magery or how hard it is to play a mage is 'Being a mage isn't suppose to be easy.'"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed claims to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "Nothing as flashy as that."

Stitch asks, "With the addition of the Manus, and the recent decision of the Brotherhood to go anti-mage?"

Carmen claims, "It is so much better RPwise when mages interact with each other, though."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "Maybe it has something to do with people playing safe, bit it's extremely hard for a latent to pick around and find a mage in order to be awakened. Think the only thing useful in discerning that is the auspex but... I think there should be some methods for mages to seek them out. "

Stitch claims, "I'd say that being a mage is going to be hard as shit."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "I'd like if the radar spell was brought to TI:L if there is no Manus"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "Yeah, definately."

Gordon wonders, "Can I get a trans out?"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Otherwise it goes from "hard" to "impossible without metagaming""

Kinaed says, "It's not supposed to be safe, got to take some risks. Nothing stops mages from interacting, it's just hard to find one another. I like it that way."

Gordon has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "It's not hard, presently. It's borderline impossible."

Carmen says, "It's difficult to know HOW hard it is until you've tried, though."

Carmen nods at a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes.

Kinaed says, "It's not impossible without metagaming, it's just that metagaming is how people often choose to deal with risk."

Kinaed claims, "Which is very unfortunate to the game."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes claims, "I think it comes to a point where mages would rather not help/seek out latents for their own assured safety."

A skinny man of short, onyx hair states, "I don't know if I'd agree with putting in methods of seeking people out. Things like that tends to make for less RP and more mechanics. And what Kinaed said."

Carmen claims, "The thing is, without a way to find/seek other mages, there's less RP - because you just wait to be auto-awakened."

Kinaed says, "I have ICly introduced the fact that my latent was a latent to people in the past without ever saying a word ICly, and even hooked up my mage with other mages. An example was sitting around a table and asking someone if they've ever heard of a song, which was the name of a ritual. They said yes, I knew they were probably a mage."

Carmen claims, "The master/regnee bond is one of the coolest bits of mage RP."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "Being a mage should be hard, but latents aren't "mages" yet"

Kinaed states, "You just need to get creative and accept that playing a mage is risky."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes says, "There are two ways to find other mages presently. APing and hoping you find the one other person that risks APing in the city at large, or revealing yourself. Revealing yourself has a 100% fatality rate."

Kinaed claims, "I don't really mind if latents wait to auto awaken either, it's up to them if they want to engage one another."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "That's not conducive to RP"

Samantha motions both her hands to Kinaed in a gesture "Did I not predict that would be the answer.. But really this is a point that has been brought up so many times in the past.. I don't think anything is going to change on it.. But kinaed may a good point.. And kinaed when was the last time any latent auto awakened?

Diana says, "I agree. I feel like there needs to be a better way."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes questions, "Isn't auto awakening a few OCO months?"

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "OOC*"

Stitch claims, "I'm honestly just surprised that we give them such a hard time. Without mages, the theme of this MUD would be dead. We -need- mages."

Beronica says to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "With APing, they now have a chance to find other people by setting of beacons."

Carmen nods at Stitch.

Stitch states, "And I feel as though we keep making the game -harder- for them."

Carmen claims to Beronica, "IF the other mages are there at the same time, and maxed mages don't go astral generally."

Kinaed says, "I can't remember, usually latents find people or choose not to awaken. I think one did and asked to be put back."

Kinaed says, "Might have been 2-3 months ago."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I've never played one myself, but it really does feel like things are dangerous and difficult enough -after- being awakened that there's no need to make it difficult to get that far."

Samantha nods in agreement with Stitch "And this brings up a good point.. I honestly don't think mages are the main theme on this game anymore..

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Even revealing yourself to another mage is risky. The possibility of revealing yourself to a non-mage is going to make it so that no mages RP together at all."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "And I think many different kind of characters are latents... characters who would not take those risks, or put themselves out there. I think there's a lot more RP to be gained by giving mages some way of finding them, than lost by it."

Diana says, "As a person who's recently played Mages myself, I think that it's been made unbelievably difficult. I understand the reasoning for some things, but all of it put together seems a bit frustrating. It's like Samantha says; I feel like we're trying to take the mage aspect out of the game, as much as possible. "

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes states, "You can now also have sable masque who can pose at latents if they wanted to hunt mages that way. (Not a suggestion :D)"

Kinaed says, "I think so long as it's difficult, people will view it as a problem to try and solve, and I'm happy to have the discussion over and over again until my views change and we experiment, or whatnot. For now, I like things hard. And I still view talking abotu whether or not one is a mage OOCly or otherwise metagaming as wrong."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "Well, it's the only path you've given folks. I don't do it myself, but you can't be surprised if people take the only route they have left."

Kinaed says, "I just gave an example earlier of another path."

Samantha nods with Diana "Have played 13 mages so far.. I am even finding myself veering away from playing mages because it just doesn't seem to be the theme anymore..

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "But not one that would work for many people."

Kinaed queries, "Why wouldn't it work?"

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes states, "Perhaps if OOC awakening was a little quicker that may help . "

Kinaed questions, "And why are people supposed to be 100% safe and secure in everything they do? Why is it a staff responsibility to give people an easy out?"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "The path you gave is a path without RP. You are advocating gaming the system over RPing with other people."

Kinaed claims to a slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes, "That I can arrange without a problem."

Carmen states, "I don't think anybody wants a totally risk-free system."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Many reasons! Perhaps you are not playing a character that would put themselves in that position. The specific example you give also assumes that the latent knows enough about magic or mages to give those clues."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "I don't care about the awakening. I care about inter-mage RP, which was already almost never a thing even when the Manus was around, because mages don't trust other mages."

Kinaed states to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "The path I gave was RP - I suggested mentioning seemingly innocous mage things to people who are in the know woudl know and aren't, wouldn't."

Carmen states, "I think we would just prefer the ability to find each other more easily with less drastic approaches."

Diana claims, "Being a mage is never 100% safe. Regardless of how we get awakened."

Kinaed states, "I don't want mages to find each other easily, I want them to work for finding each other."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes claims, "I think current mage RP is okay honestly. You need to becareful with who you trust. My issue is just getting fresh blood into the boiling pot. "

Beronica has gone AFK.

Samantha looks to Kinaed "Thing is kinaed there is a difference between 100% safe and not safe.. I hate putting so much xp into a character that i plan to be a mage on only to die so quickly trying to get awakened and recieving nearly none of my xp back. That is the most infuriating thing ever.

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "If you don't want to run the risk of getting your character killed horribly, it's best to just not be a mage."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "It took work to find each other even when the Manus was around."

Beronica has returned from AFK.

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "With great power, comes great murder."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "But this places the onus of finding each other on latents, who -should- be really ignorant of how to do so, without giving active mages a way to try themselves."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "There is no point to being a mage currently, becuase you are not going to get to play with other mages."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Actually.. She has a point"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "Dropping hints will get you killed, because everyone OOCly knows what the hints mean."

Carmen asks, "Maybe we should forum-post some ideas on this?"

Kinaed says, "The point of being a mage, in my view, is not aimed at RP with other mages, but rather the personal journey of being a mage in a world dead set against you."

Carmen claims, "It seems like a lot of us think it's too hard but we might want to discuss potential solutions on a less cramped timeframe."

Samantha looks to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes "That i have to dissagree wit.. Recently i played a mage who met with at least 8 different mages during his time and rped with most of them.. And kinaed you have to rp with other mages to even be able to gain access to other elements

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I think it's a fair point to say that we shouldn't base the system on what one person's view of what being a mage ought to mean is, though."

Kinaed says, "I'd be happy to read suggestions that could improve the situation, and I'd probably be happy to implement the ones that didn't go against my personal philosophies on the subject. Certainly "how hard it is" is a spectrum of white-gray-black."

Diana claims, "I agree with her. But RP is the center of this game, Kinaed. And having it with other mages is a crucial point of being a character, just like Knights RPing with other knights, or any other group RPing amongst themselves. It isn't the -point- of the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't important."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes states, "Having mage friends leads to coordinate mage plots also. "

Stitch says, "Lowering XP demands for mages might be an idea. Just to put that out there."

Kinaed claims, "And I'm not sure if it's too hard or just a matter of people not liking to deal with reasonably difficult things."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "Being a mage without RPing with other mages just leads to sitting alone in your house for hours meditating. It's no good for the game."

Aios says, "Going to agree that forum or some other dedicated discussion would probably be best for this, I don't think this all is really going in a good direction."

Samantha shakes her head "We are just beating a dead horse here..

Carmen nods at Samantha.

Rain nods in agreement with Aios.

Kinaed wonders, "I agree. Is someone willing to take up the post writing action?"

Kinaed states, "I think certainly it's important for the staff to have a chat about how hard we think it ought to be and set a personal standard to work towards overall."

Kinaed says, "That right there would probably be an improvement, because I think it vascilates on what we see happening in the game, and it's not leading to great game design in this area."

Carmen claims, "I can do it."

Samantha states, "It is not going to change any time soon.. It's one of those things that we just have to live with... Although kinaed i will say this. Removing the manus was a major middle finger gesture to the mage community and to the theme of the game"

Kinaed states to Carmen, "Thanks."

Morus has lost link.

Morus has reconnected.

Samantha states, "I have been wanting to say that for the longest time."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "Since you've noted that to me probably upwards of 10 times already, I'd like you to give that particular dead horse a rest."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, we've got a couple of polls going up on the forums, we've spoken about everything epople asked us to talk about - anything else anyone wants to discuss?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "I should probably point out that we have minimal control over the game, as players."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes questions, "How do you mean?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes trails off, "So we can recommend what to change, but trying to push for it is just... "

Kinaed states, "Player views are highly important to myself and the other staff - that's why we have this OOC Chat on a weekly basis, in fact."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Put simply, if everyone is happy, you're doing something wrong. Taking the Manus out was a good idea."

Maxwell is idle.

Kinaed smiles at a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes.

Carmen claims, "I believe it should come back, but yes, the old Manus as it was was non-functional and that's a fact."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, there are people who sit on both sides of that particular decision. And many of our decisions, sadly."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes says, "Technically you can still create your own Manus just not an official guild. "

Kinaed says to Carmen, "I think it will come back."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "I'm pretty anti-Manus, myself. But inter-mage RP is important."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "The old Manus was basically a 99% safe haven for mages, that nobody could touch."

Diana claims, "I understand the reasoning for removing the guild, and I'm certainly not -angry- about it. However, I am curious to see if we're planning any new mage guild any time in the near future. A mage guild is a good thing, even though the Manus wasn't doing what it needed to."

Carmen claims, "Awesome. Mage terrorism for all. :D"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "I think it should be more like the Thieves."

Carmen says, "We need a mage guild with the open stated aim of creating conflict."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Speaking as Knight: Aw yeah, mage terrorist guild plz."

Kinaed claims, "And it also didn't do anything outside of the guild - and inside the guild it didn't really do much for its members."

Diana states, "I vote for mage terrorism for extremists."

Carmen nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "It's a big of a problematic big picture."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Honestly."

Carmen claims, "ST plots and staff plots can't keep us going; we gotta scaffold the game so players are able, comfortable and happy to cause conflict."

Kinaed says, "Every time we've had a mage versus knight battle, the mages have owned the hell out of the knights."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "I think that if there were a telepathy guildskill like the cant for thieves, it would be able to get a lot more done."

Kinaed nods at Carmen.

Samantha claims, "The problem kinaed was the current rubeus at the time.. Peace-loving mages was the wrong direction to take.. And I even did rp to try and change that.. got me killed but it created rp "

Rickart is idle.
Shaylei is idle.

Rickart is no longer idle.
Rickart has returned from AFK.

Carmen says, "Well, MOST of the unbalanced spells are gone now."

Shaylei is no longer idle.

Shaylei has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Carmen states, "Though some of the very problematic ones remain."

"Yet to be replaced with anything fun." a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes grumbles [a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes]

Maxwell is no longer idle.
Maxwell has returned from AFK.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "I dunno. The one time I had a mage vs. knight I lasted under ten seconds"

Kinaed wonders to Carmen, "Can you mail me a list of the problematic ones you'd change?"

Carmen states, "Generally when we've had mage vs. Knight battles it's been with souped-up NPC mages that few PC mages can equal, to be fair."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "That was old combat, though"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes questions to Kinaed, "What do you think of telepathy?"

Carmen says, "It takes years to get a PC to the point of those NPCs in the mage invasion. Years and luck."

Kinaed states to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "We have it already, void messenger and ausepx."

Samantha says, "Oh.. there is a way to do telepathy.. bit trickery but it is doable.."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says to Kinaed, "Yeah, but available to more mages."

Diana states, "I disagree with the Knight vs Mage statement. I was in a fight with one Knight vs. two fifth circle mages, and we had to run to keep from dying."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says to Kinaed, "If the mages of the world could communicate easier, they'd have more impact."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims to Kinaed, "Right now, playing a mage is like swimming in a barrel, waiting for someone to shoot you."

Carmen states to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "Haha, that made me laugh but it's so true."

Kinaed says, "There's plenty of current spells in game to facilitate communicationsf or mages."

Kinaed says, "Albeit we can add more."

Beronica states to Kinaed, "Those are only available to void mages, and with current Mage RP near impossible will not be able to expand.""

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "Get back in your barrel, fishy."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair has returned from AFK.

Diana states, "I think sometimes that a grey communication spell would be nice."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes nods at Diana.

Kinaed asks, "Why should playing a mage be different? Isn't it what you signed up for, and isn't it exciting to be dodging bullets?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Not when you get nothing from it"

Kinaed says, "The experience of life and RP is, in itself, its own reward."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "You can't stir the pot on your own, and if there's no way to at least 50% be sure someone else is a mage without outright saying it."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "I should add, there's no mage RP when you can't tell anyone you're a mage."

Kinaed says, "I think you're just totally wrong on that one."

Beronica "Perhaps a messenger spell like void messenger for each of the elements? Where some of them may be obvious while others may not be.

Samantha says, "You can stir the pot copper.. I have done it many times by myself as a mage.."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "I actually think a grey messenger spell would be the best."

Diana nods.

Carmen claims, "Grey messenger would actually be awesome."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "The current system encourages people to never use magic. Just sit alone and grind for nothing."

Kinaed queries, "Nor do I think RP for a mage is supposed to be limited to "mage RP" or even supposed to be a goal of "mage RP" --- whatever the heck mage RP is. Mage on mage RP? Is this the only definition of what is fun to RP as a mage?"

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes shrugs

Carmen muses, "Buuut, I think we may be trying to put wallpaper over big cracks, y'know?"

Kinaed nods at Carmen.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes says, "Yes, because any other RP involving you as a mage ends in dying."

Carmen claims, "We're more concerned about endemic questions here of 'what makes playing a mage worth it'. "

Kinaed says, "A lot of this comes down to the core philosophy of what magic should be and how it should interact with the world, and what players get out of doing it."

Kinaed states, "I don't think making mages easy to find will resolve any of that."

Samantha says, "No it is not kinaed.. I find fun in playing a mage by... tormenting some character.. Making them doubt themselves.. sowing suspicion"

Carmen states, "Magic has got to be rewarding for the majority of players because without it we don't have a game. But it can't be too rewarding."

Kinaed states, "It well and truly is on the full paradigm scale."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes muses, "It would be like playing a noble and if you ever actually acted like a noble, you got burned. Why spend the investment of XP and time if you can never use what you spent it on?"

Kinaed asks of Samantha, "TO do that, do you need other mages?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Outside of mage RP, we really do need more grey spells anyways."

Carmen states, "It is hard to be efficacious as a mage with a single element."

Samantha says, "God knows i have made suspicion.. And it is really fun when you can turn mages against each other.. And it helps but depending on your skill level as in circle it can be done by yourself"

Carmen states, "It's not impossible, but it's not easy to do much. The spells are so interwoven across elements."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "I should note"

Beronica claims to a flint-eyed Vandagan male, "So sending you that letter now."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male says, "Throw me the horse. I want a turn with it."

Samantha states, "I created magey rp as vren before she was ever awakened.. Shit can be done without another mage.. "

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "In the past, I made chars with other players with the express intent of already having known each other as a mage."

Carmen grins at a flint-eyed Vandagan male.

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "And as such, we caused misery together."

Kinaed says to Samantha, "I agree. I've never felt the need to RP with another mage, nor did I feel a drive to do so, as a mage. The only reason I never wanted to was to expand things and get my hands on new spells, etc."

Samantha claims, "The problem is when your wanting to expand your arsenal.. then you need another mage.."

Kinaed states, "But I've never felt like I had to do that either to have a fun char."

Aios states, "Not to be a butt, but this is already slated to go to the forums, right? It just looks like it's arguing and nothing being proposed or decided."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes asks, "Also, I think it's possible to make a demon deal to get access to other elements?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes looks to Kinaed

A flint-eyed Vandagan male claims to Aios, "Shhh. I want to argue."

Kinaed nods at a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes.

Samantha claims, "And kinaed with magecrafting you need other mages for certain recipes"

Kinaed claims to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "It is."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes wonders, "I don't care about cross element training or awakening latents. I just want to know why we are punishing RP on an RPI MUD. We are all here to RP. Why are we making one character concept impossible to RP?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "There. Problem solved"

Samantha claims, "It is not impossible to rp sky-blue woman who i know not your name.."

Beronica questions to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "Do you have to RP as a mage when the core of your character may be that of a Reeve?"

A flint-eyed Vandagan male trails off, "Mages are impossible to RP? Could've fooled me. Honestly, I made one pseudo-mage act and I had three latents throw themselves at me. Unfortunately most of them were noobs, but..."

Carmen says to a woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes, "I think that's a bit hyperbolic, even if I agree with you in concept."

Kinaed states, "I don't see a character concept being punished, I see there being natural theme impediments to a high magic uber mage, which are appropriate to the theme."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Ahem"

A flint-eyed Vandagan male states, "Once the alias code is in for mailing, it'll get way easier to contact other mages."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Past speaking here."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes asks, "Do you all remember the seige of Lithmore?"

Samantha says, "Yes... 5 seconds.. but it was a fun fight.."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes muses, "With the four or five uber mages that completely wrecked everything?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "That's why it needs to be hard. Balance issues."

Kinaed says, "2."

Diana claims, "I agree with her, in some regards. It isn't that Mage RP is necessary, but it's a fun, enjoyable and exciting part of the game, and having connections with other mages is a great way to cause more mayhem and perpetuate story-lines. I don't think it's impossible, but I do wish there was an easier way to get in touch with mages."

Samantha muses, "2 what?"

Kinaed says, "Only 2 were archmages (had all mage spells). The rest were probably average."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes queries, "Once again, this isn't about power gaming or being an uber mage. Some people like the theme involved in mages. I enjoy mage-on-mage RP because I like discussing the thematic metaphysics ICly. Hell, that is why I play TI. If I cannot discuss metaphysics IC, why would I play a mage?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "I was one of them"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "And I wrecked."

Diana claims, "But there's a different between combat balance and just ability to RP"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Trust me, you don't want uber mages running around, even if you're a mage."

Kinaed says, "I don't want to be very negative, but the Manus had all of that, and none of that eventuated from it. For multiple years."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Having someone who has a bag of tricks they can dump on your head is kind of annoying."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male states, "Again, with the advent of alias usage in the mailing code it'll get easier. Put on a mask, cause some trouble, say 'I'm the Panda! Contact me if you'd like to join me!' and you'll get mail as... the Panda."

Kinaed claims, "And in saying that, even though the "peace loving Rubeus" was there, they weren't the Rubeus for that entire period."

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes states, "The Manus was dumb. I never joined it for that reason."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "Also, -please- do that with 'the Panda', because that would be the best."

Kinaed says, "I'm fairly certain that mage contact is not going to breed the magical visibility that people crave."

Carmen states, "The Manus didn't ever have an explicit mandate, so it kind of chose one that ended up being no good for the game."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "I do have a recommendation, though"

A flint-eyed Vandagan male says, "Aside from that, you have to get creative. Spring mages from the joint - that's a good way to contact them."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "To make playing a mage more fun."

Maxwell queries, "Can I just say that, when I was playing a mage, rituals are spammy and terrible?"

Samantha states, "The manus swayed.. I only ever got one mage in there and she caused havoc.."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes queries to Kinaed, "The pools in the tower.. Is it possible to make something like that on Astral? Like permanent gate nodes?"

Kinaed says, "Yeah, we had an intent to change rituals to be silent, but never did it. Probably still on the bug board, but I'll rewrite it just in case."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male says, "Honestly, visible magery is no good for me. I want it to be rare. Like Tenebrae sightings, the Librarian actually doing things, and flying unicorns. Rare. And special."

Kinaed states to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not sure how I feel about doing it. It'd take some thought into how players would use those and if it's a desirable outcome."

Aios states, "Silent vomiting? Hm."

Carmen states, "No, it was gonna be a mental process."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims to Kinaed, "If it were possible to make some areas mage-heavy."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states to Kinaed, "It would solve most of these problems for people who -want- to have mage RP"

Carmen says, "The rituals changing character to reflect struggling with the forces themselves and their mental effects, moving more towards the 'side effects of magery' tradition."

Stitch is idle.

Samantha states, "You know what i would love to see.. gate nods being like windows.. it even says they provide glimpses into another realm or some crap like that.. I avoid using them at all cost because i have no idea what random person will be there.."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male wonders, "Speaking of the astral, don't mages meet on there?"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes claims, "I just want to be able to RP metaphysics. I cannot do that by myself."

Carmen says to a flint-eyed Vandagan male, "Maxed mages have no reason to go there."

Kinaed claims, "I like that idea/"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "Not really"

Diana states, "Not if they're not awakened"

Carmen states to a flint-eyed Vandagan male, "And there's no guarantee you'll catch anyone there."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "Most mages just use astral for training"

Samantha states, "I mean i am afraid to use gate nodes.. They fucking scare me"

Stitch is no longer idle.

Stitch states, "I dunno. I like magery. I just struggle with XP investment. Tossing down that XP on spells just ain't for me, I guess."

Stitch has returned from AFK.

Carmen claims, "I do wish there weren't two skills for each element."

Kinaed wonders, "Is the XP investment that significant? You pay for the skills, but that's it, right?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims to Kinaed, "Not quite"

Stitch claims, "Well, on my mage character, I have a 60% return rate and get 180k back. And they've only got Void mastered."

Rain quietly excuses herself. Thanks for holding the meeting, Kinaed! <3

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes wonders to Kinaed, "As someone who's played... Five? Six mages? I can say that it's diminishing returns"

Samantha claims, "And most mages do use astral for training.. but there are those who do rp in astral.. and kinaed i personally feel that the xp investment is really high for what little you get back.."

Black states, "The astral also prevents far travel, what with nodes that are not your element slamming you out"

Carmen claims, "Mages are in a sense born to die."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male claims to a grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair, "You should play somebody normal for once."

Kinaed wonders to Stitch, "Send me a tell with the char name so I can have a further look please?"

Stitch says, "Not to knock it, I see the reasoning."

Carmen claims, "So whatever you expend, you're almost throwing it away."

Stitch states, "Just not for me, I suppose."

Stitch states, "Apologies. Superlag."

Rain opens the lower pillow.

Rain begins to descend.

Rain leaves down

Samantha nods with Carmen "Exactly..

Carmen claims, "You know there's a high chance you'll bite it; the things that get you rec % as a mage often tend to get you killed."

Kinaed states, "I don't agree with mages being born to die - most mages rename multiple times."

Kinaed says, "I personally had mages that never died until the game ended (5+ years in some cases)"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "I don't make use of rename."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Feels... Dirty to me."

Kinaed claims, "Played and RPed with magic elements, not just hiding them all the time"

Diana wonders, "Can I get a trans?"

A flint-eyed Vandagan male says, "I'll take a trans out, and wait for anything... organized to be put on the forums."

Diana has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Carmen states, "That was a very different game, to be honest."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes claims, "I honestly like seeing my char die when they've outlived their story."

A flint-eyed Vandagan male has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes says, "Frankly, I feel like you're out of touch with the state of things. I'm getting upset, though, so I'm going to ask for a trans, too."

Samantha claims, "Those mages who have been around for along time and have multiple characters and have gathered a vast amount of qp.. They are the ones who can afford renaming.. i have never renamed because i seem to always be unable to afford it"

Kinaed wonders, "Me?"

Carmen nods at Samantha.

A woman of long, wavy hair and sky-blue eyes has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "I have a recommendation for that."

Samantha trails off, "I would have loved to rename as dante.. but i couldn;t..."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "Make renaming cheaper for mages with the condition that they drop magery upon rename."

Carmen says, "I've personally helped foot the bill for like 3 renames. And a lot of other renames were for policy, hence free."

Kinaed says, "QP comes easily, and I worry too easily, to people who get a lot of recommendations."

Carmen wonders to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "Whoah. Drop magery?"

Black claims, "I think that's a bit harsh."

Carmen queries to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "You mean rename into a new IC person then?"

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes nods

Carmen claims to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "Rename IS free if it's just rerolling a new PC."

Black claims, "Oh, I think mage RP will become more prevalent when Sacrificial Circle's code rolls in."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes states, "That's not what I meant, really."

Carmen says to a copper-haired youth with bright green eyes, "It's only 50 QP to rename and be the same person ICly."

A copper-haired youth with bright green eyes says, "Be the same 'person', but without magery."

A slender woman with brown hair and blue eyes is idle.

Kinaed nods at Black.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "But how? I mean, in character."

A grey-eyed woman with braided, dark copper hair states, "I'd like a trans too, please. :) Thanks for the meeting."

Black states, "That doesn't make sense. That a person would just 'lose' their power."

Rickart states, "50 QP doesn't sound like 'only' to me yet, but that may be a 2 week's perspective, and the fact that I dumped mine from the first week into XP since I didn't realize they were worth keeping"

Kinaed says, "We're about 10 minutes over, but I'm happy to let people remain here and chat."
Lurks the Forums

• Information