Log of OOC Meeting 2/22/14

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Temi claims, "Okay! Let's go ahead and get started."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "Well we can't have that"

Ariel wonders, "Somebody scribing?"

Beronica groans. "and there goes my mind to the gutter. Thanks Casimir."

Rickart highfives a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes

Samantha says, "I can scribe if needed"

Temi claims, "Kin is talking to our host to sort out a bit of a blip."

Temi says, "We could use a scribe... Okay, Samantha."

Casimir states to Beronica, "Your mind is always in the gutter."

Samantha will no longer see the court channel.

Rickart queries, "Another one, or the one from yesterday?"

Temi claims, "No just a weird thing today."

Beronica says to Casimir, "It was not until -you- mentioned eating."

Rickart nods.

Samantha turns his full ghostly attention on Temi

Temi says, "The downtime was planned, but unfortunately we crossed wires and didn't get a warning posted."

Haidar has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to Haidar.

[Action: Beronica is sitting her rocking chair.]

Beronica fills a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown with red wine from a large wooden cask of new red wine for the Wine Festival.

Beronica drinks red wine from a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown.

Haidar fills a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown with red wine from a large wooden cask of new red wine for the Wine Festival.

Temi muses, "Is there anything that anyone wants to put on the agenda before we get started?"

A person wearing a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice fills a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown with red wine from a large wooden cask of new red wine for the Wine Festival.

A person wearing a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice states, "I would"

Verlimon drops his hood, revealing his face.

Samantha states, "Damnit.. where is puck when i need them so i can make a eddie izzard reference.. and i got nothing temi.."

Temi nods at Verlimon.

Temi wonders, "What's that?"

Verlimon claims, "I want to discuss death XP and purchases, like silver or gentry, or what-have-you"

Ariel states, "I wanted to bring something up. Dang it, I can't remember what it was."

Temi states, "Okay."

Ariel states, "Probably not important."

Azarial questions, "That mysterious croc fallong noah?"

Ariel laughs. I consider that mystery solved.

Kinaed has returned from AFK.

Temi claims, "Let me know if you guys think of anything else."

Temi states, "Starting with staff updates. I'll go first."

Kiana has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to Kiana.

Temi states, "So, I've been evening out herbalism stuff, making sure costs are appropriate on things and all of that."

Temi says, "I also need to make sure that the necessities are available for sale in shops at increased prices."

Temi states, "But that's still got some work to do."

Temi states, "Beyond that, I have been helping with the regency campaigns, and putting together a spec for thrown weapons. It still needs Kin's final approval but it's making progress."

Martine has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Samantha arches brow "Thrown weapons.. does that mean i can throw a spoon at a bard now as a weapon?"

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to Martine.

Martine wears a feather-light tulled hat of felt with a wide-flaring brim on her head.

Temi says, "Once it's programmed, yes."

Beronica says, "I was just thinking along those same lines, Sam."

Temi claims, "Oh, also, I've started work on adding beauty products to chandlery."

Ariel queries, "Hmm. Is there any plan for folks who had throw ranks before it got removed?"

Kinaed is just coming to and starting to pay attention to this meeting, "Our server issue is resolved. The scare was that our host was logging in to our server, then localhosted to us."

Kinaed claims, "Wasn't a break-in by externals."

Temi claims to Ariel, "I have no plans. Up to Kin if she wants to do something."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Be nice if he warned us next time."

Temi claims to Kinaed, "Whew."

Ariel nods at Temi.

Temi claims to Kinaed, "Or answered when you asked who he was instead of ditching"

Kinaed states, "No plans, I'm sorry to say."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Azarial claims, "Its been long enough that if you removed the ranks, it would takle more time tha it was w9rth to find the old rank values for throw"

Temi wonders, "I've got some more chandlery discussion for staff topics, but for now.. other people's updates. You good to go Kin?"

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair claims, "I had something to add to the list if possible also. "

Kinaed nods at Temi.
Temi nods at a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair.

Temi queries, "What's that?"

Martine has gone IAW.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair claims, "Was curious as to why buying wealth doesn't add towards death XP. "

Samantha smirks to Beronica "We think alike.. And beauty to chandalery.. Interesting.. Also i do have something to add to the list as well temi.

Temi says, "Okay, that's on the agenda."

Temi nods at Samantha.

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair asks of a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair, "Did you buy it on the chargen xp allowance?"

Verlimon claims, "I brought it up"

Casimir says, "Wealth and nobility XP doesn't count towards death XP."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes.

Verlimon questions, "What about purchasing gentry?"

Azarial claims, "Wealth, class, and silver. nor does bonus xp."

Verlimon says, "(And I think it should, tbh)"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods, "And that explains it."

Samantha claims, "My thing temi is about scribing"

Temi nods at Samantha.

Kinaed claims, "I've written it down. Right now I have:

Talk about Troubs
Beauty to Chandelry if I haven't missed that convo
Wealth XP not being regained ond eath."

Rickart claims, "That explains my thing too"

Temi states, "Okay. Put it on the agenda."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "Howdy, folks."

Haidar claims, "Hi hi"

Kinaed states, "Okay, so last week... I can't remember doing much of anything last week, though I'm sure I did a lot since I was around more than usual having taken two days off work."

Rickart claims, "You were busy answering my incessant questions *shuts up again*"

Kinaed states, "Oh, I did work on ranged weapons spec, and I went through Az's backlog to bump some things. Kept refinining the bid list until it was what I think is best for the game... hmm."

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "You took your kids to that Fairy Tale land, and not me. >.>"

Haidar trails off to Kinaed, "Yeah.... what about that, hmmmm"

Kinaed states, "Next week, I need to finish off that spec."

Haidar states to Casimir, "I thought she loved us man."

Samantha nods "Yay bid list.. I am so glad this so far has not turned into another lundsend quest..

Casimir states to Haidar, "I want to see Puff the dragon. =P"

Kinaed queries, "That wraps me up. Temi, you've gone already? Az then?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "All you, foxy."

Samantha states, "Wait kinaed i do have a question for you.."

Kinaed queries to Samantha, "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Samantha muses, "Who is this new staff that we have seen around? Enid ariane? "

Kinaed says, "Oh, she'll have to introduce herself."

Samantha says, "Ah.. good to know"

Kinaed says, "Builder/Web Master."

Kinaed claims, "Oh yeah, apparently I hired new staff last week."

Samantha nods

Rickart grins.

Kinaed says, "So, Az. You're up."

A slender, auburn haired lady has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Azarial says, "Mostly bug reports, trying to kep bids working properly. Also trying to stay on top of the re-added recovering of notes that might be lost when you disconnect; that was removed for weird crashes that were not tracing properly. They still don;t, but i hvae more poeple on to give me a better feel for the root causes. one possible issue was resolved, but I am not keen on trying to come up wiht test cases as I don;t know where to set the breakpoints."

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to a slender, auburn haired lady.

Samantha looks to Azarial now "Did we ever figure out what caused that weird crash like.. two days ago?

A slender, auburn haired lady states, "Thanks, Temi. :)"

Azarial claims, "Which weird crash? I don;t remember two days ago."

Beronica muses to Azarial, "Do I need to make you some rosememory?"

Samantha claims, "Shit.. May have been a day ago.. The one where the command checks did not add up with what may have caused it"

Azarial says, "Oh, that might hvae been a note. last command checks are typically called for thwne the core is unisable."

Samantha nods

Rickart says, "He's talking about the crash on Friday at 11:46am eastern. I think. Allegra thought it was her: "I believe that was me, too many lines in a pboard note."

Ariel states, "OH GEEZ, I have an agenda item for when we get to the end, sorry to interrupt with that now."

Azarial claims, "Then I am not aware of that one. i'll check and see if I have a core."

Kiana says, "THat would do it Rickart. I've crashed TI that way myself."

Kiana wonders, "I bugboarded that a while back Az?"

Azarial questions, "No core, so i'll hvae to replicate that at some point. was it a single large block, or just too many lines?"

Kiana says, "To many lines"

Azarial nods.

Samantha nods to Rickart "Yep that was the one..

Kiana claims, "I crashed it while trying to attach a log for staff"

Azarial makes a note.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Just a note, folks - when attaching logs, please only copy paste the pertinent bit instead of your log from logging in to incident (not sure if that's what you did, but this convo just reminded me about something other people have been doing)"

Safir is idle.

Safir is no longer idle.

Kinaed states, "It's a pain for us to read the whole thing just to find the 30 lines that were actually related to the bug."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes is idle.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, Az appears to be done, so that puts us to... Player Heartbeat. How's RP been, folks?"

Kinaed asks, "Anything the staff could or should do to support you guys?"

A slender, auburn haired lady claims, "I say we move to America, Kin."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair claims, "RP has been great. This last week of the regency is going to be awesome, me thinks."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes is no longer idle.
A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes has returned from AFK.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes declares, "Noted!"

Ariel says, "Been pretty good, for me."

A slender, auburn haired lady exclaims, "That way we'll be in the right TZ for RPing! :P"

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes says, "I've been enjoying myself."

Kiana states, "Absolutely awesome. :)"

Ariel queries, "Are we allowed to RPA to figure out the actual numbers behind bid list?"

Verlimon claims, "RP has been pretty tight"

Kinaed claims, "I've noticed quite a few people taking mental health breaks, so I'm wondering if there's a problem there."

Temi says, "Actual numbers, no. How close it is, general differences, yes."

Kinaed states to Ariel, "You can RPA to find out general magnitudes, but I wouldn't give out literal numbers."

Samantha arches a brow "Well rp has been good for me.. But i did take my break so now i am bloody great."

Ariel states, "Okay."

Ariel claims, "I'm worried that I upset Ivana by the conversation we had about the thematic-ness of her noble PC. :("

Kinaed states, "We thought people were, ah, obsessing a bit too much into the unhealthy, not to mention we saw some really crazy behavior in the support logs, like "Supported so-and-so to see how many points their influence would shift." Then "Now that I know what I'm worth, I don't need to support Joe anymore.""

Ariel claims, "The question of nobles being more strictly thematic was on a lot of people's minds and she commented to me OOCly about it."

Rickart wonders, "I haven't see her or her alts in the past couple days...is that where she went?"

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I'd like to find a good way to get more people out during the day. I notice we tend to have a lot of people on grid, but never two together in a public room, it seems like. But maybe that's because people are just popping on during work or school or something and don't want to get involved."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "You may very well have upset her."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "I have no idea."

Ariel claims, "Augh. It's a difficult topic. :/"

Herazade has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi states, "She said she was taking a break for OOC/RL reasons."

Temi gives a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown to Herazade.

A slender, auburn haired lady states, "I think we all have different ideas of what is thematic. :)"

Haidar dogpiles the Herazade!

Beronica claims, "Sometimes I do that in the mornings when I work at 9:30 and get up at like 7:30."

A slender, auburn haired lady claims, "Don't worry about it too much, Ariel. I'm sure you had god intentions."

Ariel trails off, "It's true, but there does seem to be a general appetite for more strictness, judging by the forums..."

A slender, auburn haired lady states, "Good."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "I'd say it's one of those things that's sort of private for you two to work out. I do hope it's not what made her log off, but not much to be done from us to help. :)"

Kinaed asks, "As for strictness... I think there is an appetite for it, so how are folks overall feeling about nobles and Inquisitors, etc, playing jerks?"

Beronica says, "We need more jerks."

Ariel declares, "I feel like you don't even need to be a jerk!"

Temi says, "If you guys do have ideas that you'd like to discuss for ways for us to help things being more thematic in general, we're glad to see what we can support."

Ariel says, "You just need to abide by thematic rules, and you can do it in a non-jerky way."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair states, "I feel there needs to be nuance. Less jerk, more strict."

Ariel nods at a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair.

Kinaed says, "I don't think my Inquisitors were ever jerks per se, and I think I had a rep for being reasonably terrifying."

A slender, auburn haired lady says, "I've had the, "I think this is more thematic' discussion with a lot of people, and I always try to be as kind as possible in the delivery, and I've upset people just saying something really simple to them. It happens. We're all human and all get upset about different things. The best you can ever do is just try and be as kind as possible, and apologise when you do inadvertently cause offence."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair says, "What I feel weird about is the idea of having a caring side suddenly becomes permissiveness"

A skinny man of short, onyx hair claims, "Jerks are good, but they need their depth too."

Samantha claims, "I feel that there can be good and jerky nobles.."

Kinaed says to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair, "True. I agree."

Ariel claims, "The problem is even less nobles, though, than other people."

Ariel states, "I've been in situations where I had to threaten to whip people."

Ariel states, "And sometimes the commoners all around AGREED with me, and that was amazing."

Beronica says, "I would very much like that fear to be hauled off to Ahalin for a review in the back of my head for saying the wrong turn of phrase to the wrong person."

Ariel states, "I felt able to act in a thematic way without being ostracized."

Casimir begins to descend.

Casimir comes to a stop.

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair says, "Especially with inquisitors, letting heresy slide is -not- caring. You are, according to the faith your pc professes, endangering their immortal soul"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods to Ariel

Herazade states, "That is the key, Ari. To act in theme and being able to feel that the world is right along with you."

Kinaed queries to Beronica, "But you don't? Or is it just that such a high portion of the pbase are all heretics/anti-church?"

Ariel says to Herazade, "Right. And that lies less in the nobles, the Inquisitors, etc... and more in how everybody else responses."

A slender, auburn haired lady states, "It feels like there is, sometimes."

Ariel says, "*responds"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair claims, "In some sense, if there was a visible epidemic of heresy, perhaps it would be easier to justify quick-to-the-trigger heresy reviews"

Kinaed nods at a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair.

A slender, auburn haired lady claims, "I kind of feel like that's shifting a little, though. But, I think there's a very different shift in how people look at nobles."

Ariel muses, "Is it just that people don't know how they should act, or do they not want to condemn Daravi, approve of whippings, etc?"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair claims, "I feel like a lot of the game heresy lives under a lot of wraps, so it is hard to say there are a lot of heretic players and thus it is easier for everyone to pretend they are just lax Davites"

Beronica claims to Kinaed, ""honestly, I don't. I feel like I can sit down and speak with most of the Order and not have the threat of a review over my head."

Kinaed nods at Beronica.

Beronica nods at a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair.

Rickart muses, "I like that? You want that to go away?"

Kinaed claims to Rickart, "Thematically, TI used to be pretty brutal that way. Some people are, at the minimum, nostalgic. :)"

Casimir claims to Beronica, "You're a nice lady who's had some kids, and lives a good life - to the common eye though. If -I- tried talking to an Inquisitor, even before, they'd burn me - if they weren't afraid of repucussions."

Ariel states, "I don't feel like you SHOULD be constantly fearing Review, myself. There's a balance."

Kinaed states, "Not sure if it's better or worse."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes states, "I think probably a lot of the problem seems to be people having a hard time leaving modern ideas behind, or maybe not realizing how modern and out of place they are."

Ariel states, "But we are all part of the problem and it's far broader than the Order. I can't RP being racist against the Charali very well, I just can't."

Ariel nods at a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes.

Rickart says, "Ah, I see. Well as long as people are reasonably okay with a tell saying hey I'm not trying to play a heretic, I'm just scrambling reading the help files and I don't know the right thing to make my char say"

Safir comforts Ariel.

Kinaed nods at Rickart.

Ariel claims to Safir, "Except you, cause you're a pain in my butt. <3"

Kinaed says to Rickart, "I think most people would be open to that, no worries."

Safir says to Ariel, "You've always done a good job."

Rickart nods at Kinaed.

Rickart states, "Well then let's get the gasoline, then"

Safir says to Ariel, "I think you've even run away from me a few times, when I'm being particularly Charalin."

A slender, auburn haired lady says, "I once asked someone, as a male character, to please put on a skit (A female character), and copped all sorts of OOC backlash for it."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods. "Especially cyans, I am easy on"

Verlimon claims, "My first character was a heretic, but not in the athiest-sense, but rather solid path of fire."

Casimir states, "I think that this whole thematic business isn't a problem, honestly, but the more people give voice to it the more it seems like a wide-spread thing. If anything there are a few players who constantly play heretical characters and that gets kind of dry."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods to Rickart.

Ariel says to Safir, "It's true, I guess. I do RP being uncomfortable with their ways and their foreign behavior and their savagery. But it's not to the extent theme should allow."

Kinaed says, "Okay, well... I know this is a very interesting topic. I'm not sure it's the kind of topic that has a conclusion."

Casimir states, "But if you ICly ask somebody to do a thematic action, you should play it ICly. If they complain OOCly? frak them."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair states, "What I want to see is a far more visible heresy, in the sense of Path of Fire, Cult, etc."

Kinaed states, "And we have 3 other topics queued for discussion."

Ariel says to Kinaed, "Yeah, that's fair."

Ariel says, "Sorry for derailing."

Kinaed wonders, "So with everyone's permission, may we move on?"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods.

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "I think I started that. *wink*"

Temi grins.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, Johannes, you wanted to raise the Troubadours this meeting?"

Kinaed queries to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair, "Care to elaborate and take over for a few min?"

A slender, auburn haired lady nods.

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods. "I shall try to be brief."

Samantha smiles "Ah.. the troubadours.. this should be good."

A slender, auburn haired lady mutters, "Troubledours..."

Samantha pats a slender, auburn haired lady on the back

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair is idle.

Haidar says, "The trouble with troubes"

Kinaed states, "Is that they're crunchy... and soft in the middle."

Kinaed licks her chops.

A slender, auburn haired lady trails off, "They do sort of multiply like furry little creatures..."

Beronica says, "Plus they taste good with ketchup."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair declaims, "So, I'm your friendly new Troubadour GL. It's time for the perenniel topic of Troubadour activity.. I'm not sure of other people's perceptions, but when I took over I did have the impression the guild wasn't super active. As the GL, I'm interested in changing this, but I'm trying to take a bit of a different path than just 'More performances!'""

Kinaed high fives Beronica.

Ariel starts creeping away. Slowly.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair is no longer idle.
A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair has returned from AFK.

Herazade exits stage right, running ahead of Ariel... she knows the slowest in the herd gets eaten first.

Samantha considers a slender, auburn haired lady "And how about you example what this different path is? Are you perhaps considering more along the lines of the society of the sparrows.. I think i got that right.

Kinaed states to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair, "I generally liked your idea of capturing rumors/lore/etc and recording it like record keepers/skalds of yore."

Ariel states, "Oh right, way to pick on the cripple. Honestly, I want more performances most of all - but more interactive ones that involve the audience."

Azarial loads a croc to produce motivation.

Samantha says OOCly, "Odd.. lad targets slender"

A trim, sun-kissed man with stormy blue eyes is idle.

Samantha smiles to Ariel "I remember mister no one

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair says, "Namely, I am trying to come up with some alternative public guild RP options for troubs than simply preparing for performances and actually performing. As Kinaed was saying, I was thinking of itnroducing the teme of recording lore in the skald/epic poets of yore thing.""

Beronica states, "Mister Nobody."

A slender, auburn haired lady muses, "Why not have the troubadours write a gossip column, like there used to be a newspaper? "

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes grins.

Ariel states, "Recording lore/gossip/etc is totally awesome and needs to happen, but I reeeally don't wanna lose the performing/events aspect of things."

A slender, auburn haired lady states, "You can use the rumours as fodder for making up some great stories."

Beronica points towards a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes. "Got her right there."

Verlimon says, "Bards also tell epics, and stories."

Casimir says, "I think that's a great idea, and all these ideas should be used equally across the bards - or maybe have certain bards specialize in certain things."

Verlimon claims, "There are quite a few options"

Ariel nods at Casimir.

Samantha shrugs to beronica "I was close.." turns back to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair "I think if anything the lore should be side project.. The troubadours are thematically about the performing..

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair says, "Basically, in addition to the performing branch, introduce a branch that was more or less word of mouth 'journalists' who collect information on the various RP plots going on in grid. Catalogue it in gnotes. The idea being that those records can be transfered into songs, stories, etc. for performance." "

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes says, "I think that sounds really cool."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes says, "I've always seen them as an intelligence organ."

Casimir queries, "Love it. What can we do to help?"

Samantha looks at a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair "I see an issue with this..

Haidar says, "Tinker tailor soldier spy"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair glances to Samantha. "What is the issue you see?"

Herazade agrees with a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes. There has always been an element of it, but it would be good to see it highlighted, in addition to the performances.

Samantha claims, "You say rp plots.. But would this be ooc info or ic info.. then you have to conider if people would really know about it"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair says, "It would all be IC collection"

A slender, auburn haired lady says, "OOC should always stay OOC."

Azarial has pulled an unremarkable woman from the pattern!

Azarial has released an unremarkable woman back to the Pattern.

Kinaed nods at a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair.

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair states, "These are IC RP roles for IC records for IC use. No OOC involved."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "In-game gathering, complete with bias. Sounds good to me."

Beronica states, "Sounds rather like the troubadours I have read about."

Haidar states, "I'm down with that"

Ariel claims, "I am 100% willing to help contribute stuff."

Verlimon claims, "I support this"

A slender, auburn haired lady says, "As am i."

Kinaed states to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair, "I'd love for you to update the Troub help file with some of this info."

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods. "My issue is working on implementation.. do you think it would work to have a bard lurking in the corner of major events (even, say, private government meetings) as 'the press'"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, since this sounds good and you've got people raising hands, may I ask to take that offline as we've got some other topics and limited time? :)"

Casimir says, "They should be anyways! As long as it's all IC, it'll be great."

Casimir claims, "No OOC posturing into scens, for example."

Ariel claims, "Intriguing. I thin you could TRY. And there'd be a lot of fun RP to see if you can get people in."

Verlimon asks, "I'd say they are then obligated to let in, maybe?"

Kinaed states to a lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair, "I think it'd be awesome and thematic for that to happen"

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes claims, "Bards would be there as attachments to nobility already, I imagine."

Kinaed nods at Verlimon.

Casimir states, "But Bards should be in major events to begin with. At court, meetings, etc."

Samantha nods slowly "I can see this going either way.. I can see one route where it goes down in flames while another route causes it to work amazingly.. and no i do not think it would make sense to have them lurking in the background..

Casimir asks of Samantha, "Why?"

A lean bronze-skinned lad with messy black hair nods. "I'll try and hash this out further on the forums. I just wanted to sounding-board it off you all!"

Kinaed claims, "There's already info in the current bard help file that they're rarely denied entry to anything."

Safir says, "Bards should be there if they have the IC clout to be there. If they are attachments to nobility, they should ICly make those attachments. Not just get to be there because of supposed attachments."

Ariel nods at Safir.

Verlimon states, "If bards are not let into events it will be speculated as the attendants having 'something to hide'. It would make total sense"

Ariel says, "If bards are acting like press people may well want to start denying them. It can totally be handled ICly and be a lot of fun."

Samantha nods to Safir "Exactly. I believe they should have a reason to be there.. not just that they have to be there

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes wonders, "Maybe sort of introduce a custom of meetings or deals, etc being done infront of a bard to be considered open and above-board?"

Ariel states to a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes, "That's cool."

A slender, auburn haired lady claims, "I just think you need to be careful that you're not expecting of people more than they have the RL time to actually put in to a game. Some people work very long hours RL and while they would love to be more involved with that kind of thing, can only manage a few hours a week."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "They are supposed to tell the truth. Gweran's Oath."

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "So, sure."

Safir states, "A bard that does south side tavern events, for example, wouldn't be permitted to a court event, and it wouldn't be weird or odd because they are a bard and didn't get in. No one's hiding anything, they just don't want the trash there. "

Herazade nods at a blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes.

Kinaed states, "I think that bards, if they are the media and whatnot - barring them entry might be an indication of nefarious activity."

Verlimon states, "Yes, that's what I was thinking."

Samantha says, "But the bards have never been thematically 'media' kinaed"

Ariel claims, "Agreed, but with Saf's point in mind. Bards can be too trashy for court."

Kinaed states, "Likely it'd cause an uproar if a bard were barred from things people want to know about."

Kinaed nods at Verlimon.

Kinaed says, "Well, let's work on that help file."

Azarial states, "Or the bard can sit there and make up snide songs about the oens barring them."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, did we discuss chandelry's transformation into a mix of candles and cosmetics?"

Temi states, "No, not yet"

Verlimon claims, "Whatever they like, Az :) If a bard is harmed, it'd cause a larger uproar."

Herazade pontificates, "I'm curious about cosmetics!"

Temi says, "So we talked before about adding beauy products into chandlery"

Samantha claims, "I mean especially with the negative background bards have.. Brotherhood connections and what not.. They are not known for purity.. but i will shut up about this"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so - at a previous OOC meeting, we agreed that Chandelry would pick up a lot of the cosmetic products."

Temi claims, "I'm planning on expanding it to 60 ranks now, and adding a bunch of new suff."

Martine is idle.

Verlimon states, "That's great"

Ariel declares, "Neat!"

Temi says, "But we're wondering, does it make more sense as chandlery for you guys, and just sortr of has the beauty stuff in it - chandlery can include sundries sales by definition."

Beronica says, "Lei could have been an actual app 2 with this."

Ariel says, "Chandlery is pretty puny on its own. It makes sense to me to add this in."

Temi queries, "Or is there some other skill name we can transfer to be more beauty products, that happens to have candles as a 'side thing'?"

Beronica trails off, "Especially since it will deal with wax and powders and presses..."

A skinny man of short, onyx hair is idle.

A skinny man of short, onyx hair is no longer idle.
A skinny man of short, onyx hair has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "A lot of the products are wax based, so it's not a huge jump to have them in."

Ariel exclaims, "I think it's fine as is!"

Samantha considers this and smiles "I believe now with this temi Chandlery could be a lucrative merchant trade.. I know in the past i had a merchant character denied because Chandlery and Papercrafting is not a lucrative trade and more of a minor trade..

Kinaed questions to Samantha, "Are you serious?"

Temi states, "That's... yeah."

Kinaed wonders to Samantha, "A GL wouldn't let you take up a particular craft you wanted to play because it wasn't 'as lucrative'?"

Safir has returned from AFK.

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes claims, "I don't have any trouble having chandlery remain the skill associated with cosmetics."

Samantha nods to Kinaed "Yes i am serious.. I tried to have a merchant get into the guild with rank 36 papercrafting only to be told said character should learn another trade.

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Let's take this offline."

Kinaed says, "I don't have an issue with it remaining chandelry either."

Kinaed queries, "So that seems to be consensus?"

Temi nods.

Beronica nods.

Samantha nods to Temi "But this seems like a glorious idea temi..

Kinaed says, "Okay, Wealth XP not returned on death."

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes claims, "Yeah, sounds great."

Casimir claims to Kinaed, "Wealth, nobility, purchasing silver."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes says, "Oh darn, had a quick question on the cosmetics bit."

Verlimon claims, "On the wealth note - Due to multiplaying rules, said XP -is- used on our characters and not across the account, so it'd make sense to have wealth/silver/purchase XP to go to death XP pool"

Kinaed claims, "Why this doesn't happen is mostly an Az thing because, until it was raised earlier, I wasn't aware that certain things were not returned in death XP (though I can't claim I never knew, just that I don't recall knowing)"

Kinaed wonders to a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes, "What was your question, luv?"

Ariel claims, "Ah, I was told it was intentional because XP spent on silver goes into the system and that silver is there."

Kinaed says to Ariel, "That's logical, I suppose."

Beronica questions, "What about class purchases?"

Temi says, "I think wealth and silver makes sense because of that, yeah. But I thought classes were part of death xp and should be included."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes muses, "Was perfuming stuff going into chandlery as well or will that stay in herbalism?"

Verlimon claims, "I don't like such large amount of XP disappearing into the void, even if it does become silver."

Kinaed states to a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes, "Chandelry."

Temi claims to a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes, "Fragrances are produced by herbalism and the actual products that use them are chandlery."

Ariel trails off, "I personally don't think it's a problem as silver drains in so many ways, but... "

Verlimon says, "Beronica - Class purchases do not return XP either."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes says, "Oh goody. Thank you for the clarification."

Haidar states, "Kiy has a question to pose"

Kinaed says, "I think on this oen - class purchases, staff will discuss it offline, just in the efforst of time."

Verlimon claims, "That silver eventually also just disappears, since we use shopkeepers and requests more than we have an in-game economy."

Kinaed says, "Thanks for raising it, however, because it wasn't on my radar at all."

Kinaed states, "Please check in next week."

Kinaed says, "A player has requested also in a tell that players please give an OOC time when posting about events happening, and if possible, more than just a couple of days notice so people who need to make OOC arrangements to attend can."

Samantha agrees with this fully

Kinaed states, "Our time this week is up, sorry about the somewhat haphazard way it came about. Az and I had a brief server emergency to deal with at the time the chat was supposed to start that distracted us."

A trim, sun-kissed man with stormy blue eyes is no longer idle.

A slender, auburn haired lady says, "I know I'm not the only one in a funky time zone, who works ridiculously long hours, so it just kind of makes thing easier, if we have more than a couple of days notice, and a time to pinpoint. :)"

Ariel claims, "Folks! Please read my forum post on the Erra Pater."

Ariel says, "That's my one thing before we leave."

Kinaed says, "For anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to raise an issue this week, please jot it down for next week. :)"

Verlimon says, "I've been working through that. Great write-up"

Casimir claims, "Please RP with your friendly nighborhood fugitive, too."

Ariel exclaims, "By next week I want to finalize to give it to the staff so the sooner the better for comments!"

Safir states, "You and me, anytime Azadar."

Casimir blows a kiss to Safir.

Samantha claims, "Currently reading it ariel"

Kinaed declares, "Okay, thank you everyone who attended!"

Beronica says to Casimir, "You know I'm always up for it with you."

Verlimon states, "I wouldn't mind all to much either ;)"

A blonde, bearded man with narrow eyes states, "I'll keep working on Consolidation stuff as I have time. Hopefully we can get some convo on that, too."

Rickart states, "Alright while you're here let me throw out quickly -- I joined one week ago and you guys have all been awesome, staff, players, etc. SO glad I found it"

Rickart states, "Thank you for putting up with my cyanity"

Kinaed says to Rickart, "Glad to have you. :)"

A skinny man of short, onyx hair claims, "Oh, well, I'm just going to side under what he said."

Verlimon claims, "Great to have you, Rickart :)"

Kinaed beams at a skinny man of short, onyx hair.

Rickart grins.

A skinny man of short, onyx hair says, "I've played a lot of MU*s. This one seems -fantastically- governed. Thanks."

Safir drinks red wine from a large wooden cask of new red wine for the Wine Festival.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, putting everyone back."
Lurks the Forums

• Information