Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's get started. Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Beronica gets a brightly-hued hard candy from a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose.

Beronica eats a brightly-hued hard candy.

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to a dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair.

A dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair declares to Temi, "Thank you!"

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes claims, "Me too please."

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to a towheaded young man with pale green eyes.

Kinaed wonders, "Before we get started, does anyone wish to add anything to that agenda to make sure we talk about it?"

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to Shaylei.

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes says, "Thanks."

Beronica queries to Temi, "Maiden's Eye?"

Temi nods at Beronica.

Temi claims, "And sweetbreath."

Samantha seems to think real hard and shakes head "I got nuttin."

Lawrence claims, "Critical Hits being possibly renamed"

Shaylei opens a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose.

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls muses, "The fact that you can buy strawberries but not have them be the strawberries that a recipe uses? "

Kinaed states to Lawrence, "Noted and added."

Kinaed claims to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls, "Noted and added."

Lawrence trails off, "There was another thing... but I can't remember what it was"

Kinaed states to Lawrence, "Let us know if you think of it."

Victyr muses, "Can we discuss move refresh from smoking? I mean if it isn't being worked on?"
A gaunt, weather-worn young man states to Kinaed, "I wanted to get a general concensus on the Remiel Scripture to see if was worth doing a contemporary version more in-line with present thinking."

Ariel says, "I could talk to staff about a couple things but nothing we need waste meeting time on. *grin*"

Kinaed says, "We'll discuss those after Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed says to Victyr, "Yes, we can. Adding."

Lawrence nods to Kinaed

Temi states, "Yeah, I got your message but not decided what to do about it yet."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "Raise them to me offline after if you like."

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's get this show on the road. Staff Updates, I'll start."

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I hired a new staffer."

Kinaed gestures expansively to Vaire.

Victyr nods to Temi, " Makes sense, this way we can see who all feels what about it."

Vaire declares, "Ooh, who who? Ah....Yay me!"

Kinaed states, "Other than that, I handled a few policy cases."

Jester waves to Vaire.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "Welcome to the staff, Vaire."

Kinaed states, "The theme was mostly people bringing OOC information IC, but I think they were resolved."

Ariel claims to Vaire, "Welcome aboard. :D"

Lawrence pounces on Vaire and hugs him

Victyr blinks, " Vaire is a bowl of rice and peppers?"

Azarial states, "Alright. heir is down for a nap"

Amiel says to Vaire, "I like how you're a bowl of chili"

Beronica looks to Vaire and cackles evilly. "LuchTIME!" she exclaims.

Ariel pontificates, "Delicious!"

Kinaed states, "But, as a note, please don't do it people. Even subtle stuff like knowing the game application of an object is pretty OOC."

Jester claims, "... and that even a bowl of chili is taller than me than a hand a half."

Samantha offers Vaire a great big (insert proper greeting) "Great to see ya."

Vaire asks, "I am? Also, I'm a lady :)"

Vaire states, "Thanks everyone."

Kinaed states, "I switched off the Places code as #2 priority after Herbalism and have written the Spec for House Bidding to replace the Monarch Quest."

Temi claims to Vaire, "Symptom of trying to put a description on your curry, I think."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls exclaims to Jester, "We are the same height!"

Kinaed states, "So for everyone who is wondering what is going to happen going forward, there's going to be a code game to choose the regent."

Samantha says, "House bidding? Interesting.. "

Vaire claims, "I think I'm ok with that. Hot and spicy."

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes omnomnoms and hugs Vaire.

Kinaed claims, "Er, off Cellan's (OOC stepping down) and IC deposal."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Victyr nods to Kinaed, listening, " That sounds fun."

Lawrence nods "Agreed."

Kinaed states, "I'm happy to display the spec for review."

Jester me high-fives a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls.

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls throws away like three alt ideas.

Samantha wonders, "I am going to guess the game is not open for each and every character?"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls smiles at Jester.

Kinaed has created House Bids Spec[30].

Temi says, "It will be thematically limited"

Kinaed drops the following:
( 30)House Bids Spec

Martine states, "Props to Cellan for handling that spot so well for so long."

Vaire whistles the Game of Thrones theme

Samantha nods to Temi "I was figuring... and good god the spam." makes note to pay close attention to this in log cleanup

Shaylei states, "Going to read mine a bit later, to minimise spam."

Kinaed nods at Shaylei.

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls asks of Temi, "Oh! I bought a measure of sand, thinking it was ore for glass work, once you get a chance and I give it to you, and get a refund?"

Samantha claims, "Same here."

Ariel says, "No, wait, n/m. I get it now."

Jester looks at a book in her hands.

Samantha mumbles "About what shaylei said not what sickly said

Ariel studies House Bids Spec.

Lawrence studies House Bids Spec.

Martine claims, "Props to Cellan for handling the monarch spot as well as she did for as long as she did. Those queen boots will be big ones to fill."

Temi says to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls, "We can field that later."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "For each 5 points of influence, you can shift the vote for/against a nominee by 1 point. It will go into the staff queue to make sure it's IC and reasonable that the character using their influence that way is in character and possible for them. If approved, their influence is posted as an IC_event"

Ariel asks, "Did I miss a list as to who is eligible?"

Azarial says, "Nobs"

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "Titled nobles only"

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes studies House Bids Spec.

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes studies House Bids Spec.

Beronica gets House Bids Spec.

Beronica studies House Bids Spec.

Victyr dances, " Woohoo! I have a reason to burn all of my IP now!" (OOC Emote)

Autumn trails off, "Well now I need to try even harder to slip into nobility...haha"

Lawrence shudders "Every characters worst nightmare. Casimir as Regent."

Beronica says, "Casimir is taking a leave of absence right now."

Lawrence nods

Jester grins to Lawrence, "Speak for yourself, heh."

Beronica flips an indigo-edged, hooded, magenta silk and wool camlet cloak back over her shoulder.

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes claims, "Is the pool of current nobles enough to support such a quest? I don't know if there are really enough candidates."

Samantha starts rocking back and forth in the corner "Oh god.. the memories of the lundsend event.." though she still has a smirk

Victyr finds out the jester is actually a nobles lost child, makes her Queen.

Kinaed says, "I think so."

Ariel claims, "Yeah, I worry about the pool a bit."

Ariel queries, "Is there any way we could expand it?"

Jester uses the crown for juggling.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man states, "The Queen of Jesters, the Jester of Queens."

Kinaed claims, "8 possibilities atm, and we can always open apps during the nomination period."

Beronica claims, "Especially since 4 of them are getting married."

Shaylei claims to Victyr, "Well-- she wouldn't be Queen. She'd be regent."

Ariel says, "Most of us are ineligible, I think."

Martine fist-bumps a gaunt, weather-worn young man for his Danny Kaye reference.

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Kinaed says, "Then we can open apps during nomination period."

Ariel claims, "Cool."

Samantha states, "Yeah that would remove at least one possible noble."

Ariel states, "Nice to have a bit more noble blood."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls states, "Remake Flavius as a noble"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls giggles.

Samantha cries a tear for flavius

Samantha says, "God i miss him"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, for the sake of time, I'm going to ask Az to do his update."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls pontificates to Samantha, "I know!"

Victyr states to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls, "I actually found his codpiece after he 'died' remnant from his quest."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls says, "YES"

Azarial says, "Not muhc progress this week. worked through a few bugs, left the typos and cush for vaire, and trying to resolve some timing issues with temi;s herbalism."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed wonders to Autumn, "Is that all from you?"

Kinaed queries, "Az = autumn?"

Azarial says, "Thinking about a basics of magic file based on how the code works to help adjust rp in the right direcction, or why i cannot fecho an off affinity element/"

Kinaed questions, "Ignore that. Az, anything to add?"

Temi says, "Azure-eyed."

Kinaed states, "Ahh."

Azarial states, "Removed a few references to the abyss in some helpfiles; left a few since they are heretical for someone ele to review."

Samantha nods

Azarial states, "Not much else. rocking some eyestrain, and seem to have been several weks now"

Ariel says, "Feel better. :("

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes agrees and hugs.

Kinaed comforts Autumn.

Kinaed says, "... I will learn."

Autumn states, "O.o"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Temi states, "Some help training our exciting new addition."

Temi grins at Vaire.

Temi states, "And other than that, RPA and throwing out herbalism concoctions."

Adaleas has lost link.

Beronica drools over Vaire. "Can we eat them?"

Samantha seems to ponder something.

Temi claims, "More than half done with releasing concoctions now! But keeping up with it, trying to release something every day."

Beronica says, "And can we get sprigs of thyme available for purchase."

Adaleas has reconnected.

Adaleas wakes and stands up.

Temi claims, "Most recent addition is boilsbalm."

Kinaed beams at Temi.

Temi nods at Beronica.

Iain is idle.

Kinaed questions to Vaire, "Okay, Vaire - won't you introduce yourself and give an update?"

Samantha stares intently at Vaire while waiting

Vaire claims, "Hi everyone, I'm vaire and I have a problem. I like to build and craft. So...that's my addiction and what I do. I've done the hot chocolate and Farin Sun Curry crafts this week, and built some phomes, and some other minor stuff. Looking forward to building and expanding the world in fun and interactive ways for everyone."

Kinaed grins.

Jester listens from her pile of pillows, while toying idly with her Lei-pinata.

Kinaed states to Vaire, "Welcome aboard, luv. We're very, very glad to have you."

Ariel claims to Vaire, "<3"

Victyr sneaks up behind Vaire with a spoon and a sleeve of crackers.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man hearts, too.

A person wearing a hooded cloak of black linen, dramatically full in its cut says, "Hi Vaire."

Vaire claims, "I'm still learning the ropes, but I hope over the next week or two to pull an old craftset to revamp when I feel ready to tackle that while learning new stuff. "

Vaire states, "I think that's it for me."

Kinaed smiles.

Samantha tips her not existant hat to Vaire "We be glad to have you too."

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes claims, "<3"

Ciara is idle.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that concludes our staff updates. Next: Player Heartbeat. What's RP been like this week? Anything that staff could or should be doing to help?"

Jester waves a belled jester's cap with three half-red half-purple tails at Vaire, sweeping up some chili in the process.

Beronica queries to Vaire, "So which craft were you thinking about?"

Shaylei claims, "Getting deposed has been incredible fun."

Kinaed smiles at Shaylei.

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes exclaims, "Pretty fun!"

Lawrence says, "Rp's been awesome as always. :)"

Ariel states, "I've been stupidly busy, in a good way."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls declares, "Rp for me has been slow, until last night. I eat Casimir's boot!"

Jester Was it last saturday we did the improv theatre at the Globe? The weeks float together ...

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls states, "Ate*"

Samantha claims, "To be honest kinaed rp has been ok. Haven't really been in the rp mood lately but when i have it has been good. Had some great rp with some newer players"

Temi nods at Jester.

Temi states, "I think so."

Kinaed states, "Anyone have any news on Casimir's retreat? He was in talks with me about some serious plot stuff, seemed very interested and happy, then... his note."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes states, "Roleplay has been OK. I've tied up loose ends. Now it's a matter of figuring out the way ahead, and brainstorm things to do, which is the hardest part."

Ariel states, "I expect RL. Hope all is okay. :("

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes will miss him lots.

Kinaed claims, "Same."

Martine claims, "Lei's reign of terror was incredibly fun. Capture, interrogation and execution was too: thank you, Noah and Safir, for that."

Ariel states, "By the way, since we do have some new folks here, if anybody has any RP that would be enriched by working with a wealthy noble - feel free to get in touch with me, I like plots."

Beronica claims, "That is my thought as well. Though I always looked forward when I could RP with him."

Ariel claims to Martine, "Three cheers for YOU for making it so awesome."

Kinaed nods at Beronica.

Jester snickers from her pile of pillows.

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Samantha says, "What do you mean by news? Like opinions on it or what? And to add to that i will miss him... Despite my characters ussually hating him icly i oocly love his concept and the way he plays casimir.. And he knows this"

Adaleas says, "Things have been interesting for me this week at leasy"

Kinaed says, "Just curious about what drew him away."

Kinaed claims, "And I'm glad to hear the consensus is that RP is good."

Kinaed claims, "We have a few player topics to discuss."

Ariel claims, "Actually I remember now I had something to talk bout if we have time."

Shaylei says, "He just moved into a new apartment, so maybe that."

Kinaed claims to Ariel, "Will get to your topic after the others."

Kinaed asks, "Critical hits being renamed? Whose was this?"

Kinaed claims to Shaylei, "Ahh"

Lawrence says, "Mine"

Kinaed muses to Lawrence, "Okay, what do you mean by that and what do you want it to be?"

Samantha sits back and listens

Lawrence says, "This came up on ooc early last week. We were more or less discussing the fact that critical has some kindof unwanted connotations"

A person wearing a hooded cloak of black linen, dramatically full in its cut wonders, "Can I be transed out, please?"

Lawrence claims, "When in reality it's a reflection of how bad your defense 'loses' to it"

Kinaed queries to Lawrence, "For context, you're talking about the results of an mattack or attack in combat?"

Lawrence states, "Yes"

A person wearing a hooded cloak of black linen, dramatically full in its cut has been transferred out by Azarial. [OOC]

Temi wonders, "When it says you hit them 'critically'?"

Lawrence states, "What came up, was the fact that it was a reflection of how bad the defense was beaten, and nothing else."

Lawrence claims, "It creates a lot of uncertainty in the combat RP since critically implies that something really bad has happened (arm lopped off for example)"

Shaylei has gone AFK.

Kinaed wonders, "So you'd like to change that to something like 'Kinaed's defense fails to block Lawrence's attack, and he scores a crippling blow?'?"

Kinaed claims, "Well... yes."

Ariel exclaims, "People hear critical and think "2x damage!" or something. Or "Lost an eye!""

Ciara is no longer idle.
Ciara has returned from AFK.

Lawrence claims, "Well, there's also the fact that some characters (gav brought this up specifically) literally critical every time"

Kinaed says, "Well, not necessarily a missing limb, but a blow that hurts like bejesus and might end a fight if there were pain thresholds."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls exclaims, "I Think "Shit, now I am bleeding like a stuck pig!" "

Ariel nods at Lawrence.

Samantha fights lawrence and loses his hand "Nooo!!!" falls down the shaft in Cloud city

Kinaed asks, "Are there? Interesting - against everyone or just they're pretty good all around?"

Azarial states, "There is a damage multiplier that differs based on the message you get for how well you beat their defense"

Ariel states, "If you're really good you're gonna crit almost every time against somebody who's awful."

Kinaed nods at Autumn.

Kinaed hangs her unicorn head.

Victyr nods in agreement, " Arynon got attacked, think there was at least one skillful hit to him, but he only had minor wounds."

Ariel states, "You're not gonna crit every time against somebody else who's really good, but a whole fight of critical hits isn't out of the question."

Martine says, "Lei got ridiculous amounts of critical hits on in many of her spars."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think I get the issue."

Kinaed asks, "So waht would we rather have it say?"

Kinaed queries, "It's just a messaging issue, right?"

Samantha claims, "I like you idea kinaed about the defense failing"

Ariel asks, "It's... skillful-powerful-critical right now?"

Ariel nods at Kinaed.

Azarial states, "Some of the arynon wounds is taht the low ened damage for mattack is much lwoer than weapons tend to be, even if the average might be better. so the sowrd will do consistenly more damage"

Beronica muses, "What would massive convey?"

Kinaed says, "Alright, how about this - because we have a lot of topics, and one htat was sent to me in a tell looks pretty hefty - Lawrence, please liaise with me about this offline. Changing messages is usually pretty easy, so we can just patch it without issue."

Ariel says, "Yeah, just need a new adverb."

Lawrence nods to Kinaed "Sure, i'm good with that."

Kinaed muses, "The fact that you can buy strawberries but not have them be the strawberries that a recipe uses? <-- whose was this? "

Kinaed states, "To me that looks like a typo kind of thing."

Victyr says to Azarial, "Ahh, I thought skillfully meant I was getting hit hard, was rping that, then found out the wounds were just minors *may have been a bit embarassed*"

Kinaed says, "If you find something like this in game, typo it for the staff to resolve."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls raises hand

Kinaed nods at a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls.

Kinaed questions to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls, "Anything to add on that?"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls says to Kinaed, "But it is jsut more than that"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls holds out a fully-ripe red pear, flesh firm but crisp and Strawberries.

Kinaed 's ears perk and she listens to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls.

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes asks, "Can I be transed out? I'm afraid I have to run off to something"

A fragile girl with chestnut hair and honey eyes has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi states, "We can only do three alternatives, so if there's multiple ones beyond that, we have to make choices. The other choice being deleting additional versions."

Azarial states to Victyr, "Some of it is the dice in use."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Maybe replace the sold item with the craftable one."

Azarial claims, "I have some ideas on expanding the options for recipes, but that takes time to change across the board."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls trails off, "Both are pears and strawberries, but neither work in one of the herbalist recipes. It isn't a big deal, but just..... yeah what temi said, just more uniformity in it, I suppose, I mean, a pear is a pear"

Kinaed nods at a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls.

Kinaed claims to a sickly, very young male with a mop of curls, "Please typo those when you see them and we'll give a priority to getting them resolved."

Temi says, "Point out specific cases and we can look at them one by one. If there's room for more atlernatives, we can put them in"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls nods at Kinaed.

Temi says, "If not... something has to be left out."

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods.

Ariel claims, "Ideal world might be there's only one vnum ever for 'a pear'"

Jester trails off, "Or make one a "grey pear" and another a "green pear" and actually have them work differently ..."

Ariel trails off, "But that's so much work..."

Kinaed muses, "Okay: Can we discuss move refresh from smoking? <-- whose is this, and want to explain in more detail?"

Temi claims, "I think that's Victyr"

Victyr says to Kinaed, "That was mine"

A sickly, very young male with a mop of curls has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Victyr.

Samantha shivers as a cold chill comes over shim

Victyr states to Kinaed, "Currently I can only benefit from coamjar once every 15 minutes or so, which severely hampers those of us that wear armor, since I burn what was just refreshed in about two rooms, nnot complaining about the armor drain, but it the change to coamjar was kind of rough on movement"

Autumn is idle.

Amiel states, "Oh God, I rely so much on coamjar. Say it isn't so"

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes muses, "Is smoking coamjar and concentrated coamjar stackable, effect-wise? Or can you only benefit from one at a time?"

Kinaed claims, "I think that it's intended to be that way. Wearing full armor is supposed to exhaust you, and it doesn't make sense to have an unending supply of refresh objs. It's borderline magic if it just works that way."

Temi claims, "I don't believe they stack. And one of the thoughts with herbalism was to make it less spammable for constantly more."

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes pontificates, "And demand for personal chefs skyrockets throughout Lithmore!"

Ariel says, "It's good to make armor have SOME downside."

Kinaed states to Victyr, "I think I need to get a sense to how extremely crippling this is."

Kinaed states, "Whether we do something about it or not would be highly dependent on the degree it affects play."

Ariel asks, "Anybody know plate's per-room mv drain off the top of their head?"

Victyr nods to Kinaed, " I understand that armor is intended to drain you, not complaining about that, but the refresh(at least to me) doesn't seem to heal enough."

Amiel says, "Eight per room"

Kinaed says, "I think it's 8-10 mv, but am not sure."

Amiel claims, "I'll have to check on my alt"

Ariel wonders, "Only eight per room?"

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Amiel claims, "All I know is he gets winded walking from his room to the stables"

Autumn is no longer idle.
Autumn has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "But remember, some people may have stamina as low as 125, though average is probably around 250 and maybe 300+ for serious combat chars."

Victyr claims to Ariel, "11, just had arynon move "

Temi muses, "I haven't looked too objectively at the mv returns on things like coamjar yet. What range do people expect from one puff of that?"

Azarial claims, "Depends on the sector, and your pace"

Beronica says, "It used to be a 50 mv return with each puff."

Victyr claims, "It's aobut 40 now"

Ariel wonders, "So one puff of coamjar restores 3-4 rooms' worth of plate mail walking?"

Victyr nods to Ariel, " Yup."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think I'll flag that for further staff investigation."

Temi states, "I can probably puff that up."

Temi nods.

Ariel says, "And in total you get approx. 30 rooms of walking in plate mail to go to 0 mv. That DOES suck."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes laughs at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Right now, we have 15 minutes left for player topics, and at least one more raised."

Adaleas states, "Anybody else agree that affects should be removable by the person that applied it? Just throwing it out there."

Kinaed claims, "I have to be timely today because I have a staff meeting after this, then a 60th birthday party to get to."

Lawrence says, "Yes."

Victyr says, "Not asking for a magic herb to totally fix move, just an improvement"

Kinaed says to Adaleas, "Only friendly ones."

Kinaed states, "Okay, final topic to discuss: Rules for adjudicating scenes without code"

Ariel claims, "Oh, yeah, so, this came up for me when Safir and I were going after Lei."

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Adaleas claims, "That works for me. I have fun across some fruatrations this past week regarding that"

Ariel asks, "Everybody wants to not be a twink about these kind of things, but how do you know how much is fair to do in a turn?"

Ariel says, "I.e., how do you know how many steps you can move in a turn compared to the other person, etc."

Kinaed claims, "The current rule is one action."

Ariel states, "We went somewhat toward this with adding roll, and it helps a lot."

Ariel says to Kinaed, "Right, but 'step' is an action - and so is approach."

Martine nods to Ariel. "Yeah. That was tricky stuff."

Kinaed claims, "For that, I'd probably request a contest first."

Samantha seems to consider this and merely stays back and watches.

Ariel claims, "But approach takes you to that person's side in about 30 secs, while step moves you one square. It's very tricky."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes says, "There is also the factor of "when is it acceptable to start using code?" because often getting someone into the combat code is a goal."

Ariel nods at a sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes.

Kinaed states, "I do need to write some policy around contest, because I want it to be seen as a valid resolution tool, and maybe a required one. I haven't because there's a code update on the board for Az to do on contest."

Ariel muses, "That's a big one too. When can I reasonably code-attack?"

Shaylei has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kaerrick has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Ariel states, "I think we generally need a set of 'tabletop rules' for bridging that gap between conflict starting and coded combat beginning."

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to Kaerrick.

Kaerrick says, "Thats sick."

Kaerrick claims, "Amusing, too."

Jester would like to see contest used more often, it's a good way to shake up roleplay in general.

Martine fist-bumps Kaerrick.

Ariel nods at Jester.

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes muses, "If someone flees from combat, is it "acceptable" to do run, east, and attack before they can get away? Does your analysis change if the flee-er is sprinting too, and that if you enter the room, they immediately run off? What happens when other parties "enter" the fray, who aren't party to the original contest, if there was one?"

Bastien has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Ariel declaims to a sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes, "Yes, yes, exactly!"

Temi claims, "Roll is a good option for those who don't know about that too, to see if you are successful at something challenging for your skill/stat."

Temi has created a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose[1].

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to Bastien.

Ariel states to a sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes, "All this stuff. Instead people end up checking with osays every action to be sure we're being fair."

Kinaed asks, "Do people really have such a hard time with these?"

Amiel claims, "Yes."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes states, "Yes."

Lawrence asks, "In some cases? Yes"

Ariel says, "I really, really do."

Martine states, "I do."

Lawrence states, "The more people involved in a combat situation, the wrose it gets"

Samantha nods ti kinaed "I can attest to several instances in the past."

Ariel nods at Lawrence.

Kinaed says, "If a person flees, that means they've successfully gotten away by a third person arbitration. Going in and attacking them using run and whatnot strikes me as very 'power-gamer, I must win at all costs' kind of thing."

Bastien questions, "Trouble with what?"

Jester states, "I don't often end up in such situations. :) "

Temi states, "In particularly tense situations, I am available to help mediate a scene."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes claims, "Unless the parties are in on it, every legitimately contentious scene inevitably results in lots of osays."

Bastien claims, "That's true."

Ariel claims, "The flee thing is just one example, honestly. For more context, when we went after Lei:"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, I think in particularly tense situations, it's best to ask a staff member to mediate."

Vaire claims to Jester, "Surely you jest. Ahaha, the pun"

Kinaed claims, "As per help captivity, I'll extend that to general play."

Temi states, "Mediating is free, not RPA, unless you're doing something more than what you could just do"

Ariel says, "She was in a canoe in a river, Safir was on horseback, I was on foot and we were in a river room."

Ariel says, "I think usually it's not so contentious we NEED mediation - folks could do it themselves if there were just rules."

Kinaed claims, "I don't think we can hash out enough 'tabletop rules' to satisfy everyone in the next 10 minutes, and I also have some concerns about doing so."

Jester makes a 'bada-dish' movement in Vaire's direction.

Ariel says, "I don't mean we need to set 'em up right now, but I wanted to raise the issue."

Kinaed claims, "I think we'll fill the game with free staff mediation upon request."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "Was that the last topic? I do not think mine made it on der list."

Samantha looks to Kinaed and arches a brow when she brings up fleeing and power-gaming but otherwise stays quiet

Kinaed says, "We'll have to sort out amongst ourselves how that differs from RPA."

Kinaed questions, "But would people be content with that as a stop-gap?"

Ciara is idle.

Ciara is no longer idle.

A dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair muses, "Maybe take to the forums as a community to discuss some generally acceptable guidelines that can be posted like help jail, and/or figure out what should be more explicitly stated in existing helpfiles, like the 'don't attack right after someone successfully flees' thing?"

Kinaed nods at a dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair.

Kinaed says to a dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair, "We can dot hat too."

A dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair claims, "And make sure certain aggro mobs get the memo."

A dusky Farin woman with sleek black hair mutters under her breath.

Ariel states, "Yeah, we need more than just staff mediation - I don't think we have enough staffpower. I like Indira's thoughts there."

Lawrence says, "I really like when you get some parting words after combat"

Martine says, "Staff aren't always online and grabbable, either."

Lawrence says, "I feel you shouldn't be able to Re-engage, but feel free to follow into the next room to exchange parting barbs"

Kinaed states, "I'll put something up on the forums to discuss this."

Kinaed claims, "We'll start there."

Lawrence nods to Kinaed

Kinaed claims, "I'll also offer staff mediation for the time being."

Amiel studies House Bids Spec.

Martine states to Kinaed, "Awesome."

Kinaed says, "Ultimately, however, I want to decide what goes in and out as enforcable game norms/rules."

Seamus has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Amiel queries, "Can I be transed out o fhere please?"

Amiel has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi has created a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose[1].

Martine hugs herself.

Temi gives a colorful paper pinata of Lei Varick swinging from a hangman's noose to Seamus.

Martine hugs Seamus.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, we have 5 more minutes. Anyone have anything else they want to discuss as part of Player Topics?"

Jester also wants a hug.

Kinaed hugs Jester.

Azarial wonders, "Petru had something?"

Jester is content.

Temi wonders, "Sounds like Padrig had a topic?"

Temi states, "Ahh, Petru."

Temi nods.

Kinaed queries to a gaunt, weather-worn young man, "What's on your mind?"

[Action: Seamus is a Captain, and that's a fact. Jack.]

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I wanted to ask the pbase about the Remiel Scriptures. With Bennie's latest topic up, I wanted to gauge if re-writing it would be something people would get behind."

[Action: Seamus is trying to do the Tubori Two-step on a tightrope.]

Ariel says, "I'm curious what niche you want it to fill exactly. Full disclosure, I could never get through it so I don't know what it says."

Kinaed has some stuff on the Request Board to read, come to think of it.

Bastien claims, "...I don't even know what the Remiel scriptures are, so I can't opine either way."

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes wonders to a gaunt, weather-worn young man, "Do you mean as in "overwriting" them? Or like "Hey, these are NEW Remiel scriptures" and figuring out how to combine or condense with what was already there?"

Kinaed states, "I'd like to have an IC ledger that is The Remiel Scriptures rather than text lying around in different places, like the forums, etc, where it cannot ICly penetrate the world."

Kaerrick claims, "I think, if its going to be a 'if you flee you get away' situation then more conscientious use of flee would be required. There have been instances when I placed myself, on the map, between a person and the exit and they were still able to flee. Now I dont know how the code works, if flee takes into account map position but Ive noticed that guarding an exit doesnt seem to be effective. If flee is going to be an automatic escape then there should be means to reduce the chance of fleeing which, in combat, there doesnt seem to be."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes states, "I've never heard of the Remiel scriptures."

Vaire states, "I'm not sure about these Remiel Scriptures either. It sounds like they're the Silmarillion of TI. "

Bastien studies House Bids Spec.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "My idea was to produce a 360SC version from the Church that solidifies the passive, non-creator deity parts and give Dav a more active role to illustrate how the article has changed."

Bastien looks at House Bids Spec in his hands.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "The earlier version is in the library, I believe."

Samantha claims, "Frankly i don't really want to have to learn to incorpate a whole new version of st.remiel's book "

Ariel wonders to a gaunt, weather-worn young man, "I mean more, what is Remiel meant to DO?"

Kinaed says to Kaerrick, "Making a note to make sure flee doesn't bypass guarding."

Ariel questions, "Is it a creation story?"

Ariel trails off, "(Yeah I think guard is bugged... or perhaps, better put, it doesn't work on a good basic equation)"

Samantha claims, "My understanding is it is just more scriptures and detailing the laws of erra pater a bit more"

A towheaded young man with pale green eyes claims, "I've seen guard succeed, and I've seen it fail. Not enough times to know if it's broken though."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "Remiel was supposed to be Dav's approved summation of the Order's orally transmitted doctrines up to 109. But it have been rewritten or altered several times after the Great Burning, etc."

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes says, "It's in "help remiel," it looks like, for those who didn't know. The "Last modified: date is indeed... today."

Ariel questions, "Thing is, that's ALSO what the Davite Dogma is according to its helpfile, right?"

Kinaed adds a not to review Help Remiel.

Ariel says, "Oh, man, is St. Remiel supposed to be the Dogma? Because I've been working on a project to write the Dogma. :/"

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes says, "That looks like what help davite dogma says. But it's confusing to me."

Kinaed claims, "I'm sorry, folks. It's 9:00 am here. I have to wrap us up."

Victyr hugs /kin. (OOC Emote)

Kinaed states, "Yes, I think that various people have attempted projects to tackle the dogma issue over time."

Martine states, "Good chat."

Ariel says to a gaunt, weather-worn young man, "You and I gotta talk."

Martine waves to everyone.

Kaerrick states to Kinaed, "Does position in the room effect fleeing? If you are 5 steps from the exit are the chances different then if you are at the edge of the room? THe reason I ask is guarding automatically puts you at the edge of the room you are guarding so if you were going to try and guard it youd not be able to attack someone."

Iain is no longer idle.
Iain has returned from AFK.

Azarial says, "Position is not checked."

Jester waves.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "Remiel is supposed to be the dogma, but it in its present form, it is too heretical as it was written before some things were established."

Martine hugs Jester.

Kinaed nods at a gaunt, weather-worn young man.

Kinaed claims, "In that case, it'd be nice if we did update it, but if we don't - nothing wrong with another heretical book lying around."

Jester hugs Martine back, and puts a note on her back.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "I would be content with several versions."

Ariel states, "Oi, I am really sorry. I didn't know."

Iain claims, "It might be interesting to rename it/rehash it into a heretical book"

Kinaed says, "Okay, everyone. Thanks for a good meeting. :) I'll see you next week. People who have things to talk with me about offline, please touch base with me sometime tomorrow onward. If you have trouble catching me, pboard please."

Ariel states, "Perhaps what I'm writing could be the official 'drier' version since I wanted to skip the poetics to make it an easy read."

Kinaed waves.

Ariel nods at Kinaed.

A sandy-haired man with narrow, placid blue eyes muses, "What are we supposed to role-play as knowing?"

Samantha trails off, "But icly Remiel wasn't a heretic so why would it be a heretical book..."

Seamus grabs Martine, dips her down swiftly, and elegantly. "Have you ever danced with the Devil, under the pale moonlight?"

Ariel claims, "Help davism overview"

Iain has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A gaunt, weather-worn young man pontificates, "Good meeting, folks. Take the convo to the forums!"

Autumn has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Martine declares to Seamus, "I have now!"

Seamus has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Bastien claims, "Who is a heretic is a moving target anyway
Lurks the Forums

• Information