Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Lilian states, "I can just log it also just in case. If anyone needs it let me know"

Kinaed muses, "Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda to make sure we talk about it today?"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Lilian and Bastien. That'd be good."

Samantha tries to think of something but can't

Kinaed claims, "Okay, my update."

Action set to:
Samantha is sitting in her corner with a horde of cats who stare at /kinaed

Kinaed says, "I didn't do much of anything last week beyond the usual approving recommends, reviewing code and whatnot. I'm still backlogging Places Code and have nothing intended for next week either. Working hard IRL. That's all for me. Az, you're up."

[Action: Beronica is sitting in her rocking chair.]

Azarial claims, "Let's see. I think I resolved a major 'elephino' issue with missing pets, but we'll see how that goes."

Azarial claims, "Assorted smaller bugs, tweaks, and formatting. the usual stuff"

Azarial claims, "Added more processing for temi's herbalism spec, and working on adjust combat for some of the further extensions."

Samantha pats Kinaed on the back before looking to Azarial "May i ask what inspired the affect formatting?

Azarial says, "Msot of the soft affect handling is in place; I hvae I believe three left to write."

Kinaed muses, "Affect formatting?"

Azarial claims, "Iunno. I just implement it."

Samantha wonders, "Yeah the affect space in the score?"

Temi says, "It's a mixture of things I wanted to show or not show, and Kin's requests on how it should look."

Kinaed claims, "In score? It's just what Az did. I did the 'affect' command, but remain unsatisfied. We can take some formatting suggestions from you guys, maybe make a contest out of it when we're done."

Samantha nods "Was just curious"

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Anything else to add? :)"

Azarial claims, "Ummm. not that I can think of."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up, Temi. :)"

Beronica states, "Now I just want to get hyped up on all the affects and figure out a good way to view them."

Temi says, "So, I've been trying to help Az with any information that he needs for the herbalism implementation. Beyond that... adding the affects to the concoctions and releasing them."

Temi claims, "I'm releasing Vavardi breakfast, erm... right now."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "Hope you guys enjoy that one."

Kinaed shudders.

Temi states, "So that brings us up to these affect-bearing concoctions released:"

Temi claims, "527. Simple Herbal Tea ( 5), 528. Phlegmatic Herbal Tea ( 7), 531. Melancholic Herbal Tea ( 10), 533. Willowbark Tea ( 12), 534. Elder's Elixir ( 15), 535. Choleric Herbal Tea ( 15), 537. The Drunkard's Cure ( 15), 538. Vinesmellow ( 15), 540. Sanguine Herbal Tea ( 17), 544. Gutcalm ( 25), 553. Rosememory ( 35), 554. Strumpet's Solace ( 35), 558. Maiden's Eye ( 47), 565. Warming Brew ( 22), 570. Sugarcubes ( 40), 572. Demonsbreath ( 10), 574. Vavardi Breakfast ( 25), 575. Foolsbrew ( 25), 579. Drops of Lethargy ( 30)"

Gordon claims, "I had a quick question related to concoct."

Kinaed nods at Gordon.

Carmen says, "Mmm, demonsbreath."

Temi claims, "All of those should be functional, at least in RP functions. A lot of them don't have code affects, but the ones that do, will work."

Temi nods at Gordon.

Loreth muses, "Been meaning to ask this for a while. Are the various humoral teas mostly for RP's sake? Or is there some way to actually lean one way as a char and therefore need one tea in particular?"

Gordon claims, "Will herbalism remain a guildskill? It seems sorta off to me if only doctors and a select other few are making the drugs."

Nayiv has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi claims, "The humoral teas are for RP purposes, to add an additional tool to the physician's arsenal. No real affect."

Temi gives a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan to Nayiv.

Nayiv is only fashionably late.

Beronica claims, "Why is that off? Herbalism requires an extensive amount of studying to be able to do it without killing people."

Jester has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi claims, "And that will be a final decision up to Kin. It might make more sense to give it to thieves as well, though."

Bastien says, "I personally second that herbalism doesn't quite make sense as a guild skill."

Temi gives a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan to Jester.

Azarial queries, "Not sure we want a coded humorial system? <headscratch>"

Wymer is idle.

Bastien claims, "I think it'd be kinda neat if current illnesses/injuries/etc had a humoral component to be treated, lol"

Kinaed states, "Right now, it's a guildskill and will remain one."

Bastien claims, "Treat the physical injury, but give the right tea."

Tristana states, "I'm with Ber on this one, it's a skilled knowledge. Now, I'm not saying there shouldn't be crooked physicians that support the brotherhood's production, etc."

Kinaed claims, "I might make it a Brotherhood skill also, however."

Kinaed claims, "Especially when poisons are added."

Beronica trails off, "Or someone pulling a 'Breaking Bad' kind of deal..."

Wymer is no longer idle.
Wymer has returned from AFK.

Temi states, "I did add a few poisons starting last night, though they're all lower level ones."

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "We can make guildskills be guildskills for multiple guilds, right?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "It's already one for Physicians and Merchants."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "I don't think herbalism should be a merchant guildskill."

Azarial claims to Kinaed, "Should"

Kinaed claims, "But I'll work it out later with staff."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, anything else to add, Temi?"

Temi claims, "Nope, that's me."

A very young man with alert, brown eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi gives a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan to a very young man with alert, brown eyes.

Wymer eats a marzipan cookie.

[Action: Jester sits in a pile of pillows]

Kinaed says, "Okay, just one addition - I think before we end Herbalism, we intend to add: plant health, lacing, and applying."

Beronica sneaks over to give a hug to Jester.

Kinaed says, "There's also some things to duplicate herbalism for the production and management of livestock, but we might not do that this round."

[Action: Jester hugs Beronica back]

Kinaed has created a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan[20].

Jester hugs Beronica back

Kinaed gives a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan to a very young man with alert, brown eyes.

[Action: Jester sits in a pile of pillows]

A very young man with alert, brown eyes holds a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan in his hand.

Jester keeps her marzipan cookie, tucking it away on her body.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that covers staff updates. Next Agenda Item - Player Heartbeat. How's RP this week, folks? Anything you'd like staff support with or staff can do to help out?"

A very young man with alert, brown eyes stops using a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan.

Carmen queries, "Did the Dec/Jan quest not happen?"

Loreth states, "Had a lot of new/good RP this weekish."

Tristana claims, "I just got back from Final Fantasy XIV today, and it's been great."

Carmen was absent, isn't entirely sure what I missed.

Nayiv states, "It's been nice. Hectic, but nice"

Kinaed states to Carmen, "No, we postponed it because we were all busy."

Beronica says, "It has been awesome RP this week. Did my first RPA earlier in the week."

Carmen states, "Seems like TONS is happening, still out of the loop."

Kinaed nods at Carmen.

Samantha tries so hard not to laugh "Rp has been amazingevil this week..

Kinaed states, "Tons has been happening, if for no other reason than my monitoring the Deaths board."

Beronica trails off, "Mage on a rampage, Another scandalous Justicar..."

Lilian states, "I've had a lot of fun. I just need to work onw knowing the map."

Kinaed smiles at Lilian.

Kinaed asks of Lilian, "Have you learned the use of the travel command?"

A very young man with alert, brown eyes says, "And now I'm thrown into the mix too :3"

Lilian says, "Travel command is the culprit actually. It made me wander outside the walls at night which made me look like a suspcious person. :D"

Kinaed grins at a very young man with alert, brown eyes.

Kinaed comforts Lilian.

Kinaed states, "As a new player, most people will be kind to you. If you need a trans back to start or get stuck, just ask a staff member."

Samantha beats head against wall "It was going so well.."

Beronica states to Samantha, "You did not miss much."

Kinaed states, "Someone recently asked me if we'd install a recall command, but we actually took that out because captives were using it to "escape"."

Kinaed nods at Beronica.

Wymer states, "I need to find my push again. I get these spells and then disappear and then reappear."

A very young man with alert, brown eyes states, "Of course, thanks :)"

Kinaed claims, "So, if you get lost, ask a staffer for help."

Kinaed smiles.

Lilian nods nods.

Wymer claims to Kinaed, "Could have it active for cyan players only"

Bastien declares, "Cyans can be captives!"

Bastien says, "But that's still a good point."

Lilian says, "Doesn't have to be a full recall spell. "

Kinaed claims to Wymer, "We considered that too, but didn't want to get people used to something, then take it away."

Lilian states, "Maybe a recall that walks you only back to chruch square."

Lilian states, "Sometimes I'm too far and just lost."

Kinaed states, "And yes, cyans can be captives too."

Kinaed nods at Lilian.

Bastien says OOCly, "Yeah, the problem si with our pathfinding algorithm"

Wymer says, "I know that one all too well kinaed."

Kinaed claims to Lilian, "Just ask a staffer. In fact, all players can ask a staffer if they get stuck somewhere. We just check that there's no RP implications if we move you, then we move you."

A liveried courtier approaches Gavin and whispers something of apparent import into his ear. After murmuring apologies, the pair leaves the scene.

Kinaed comforts Wymer.

Azarial states, "Nice, a voidout"

Temi claims, "Like if you get locked in someone's house, not because they locked you in there, but because they idled out or something."

Samantha says, "I always did like gavin's"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I'm glad to hear everyone's having fun RPing this week. I guess that leaves us to the last agenda item for this meeting: Player Topics. Anything you guys want to discuss?"

Kinaed says to Samantha, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :)"

Edward states, "I just wanna touch base, real quick, about the Masque. It's a real guild, it's really trying to get off the ground, if you write letters, they'll be answered, etc etc."

Temi claims, "I do have a topic when we get through you guys."

Edward says, "And... It gets a touch tiresome when you send out a -bunch- of letters and get like... One back."

Wymer nods at Gordon.

Kinaed says, "Oh yeah, we built their guildhall and I'm supposed to meet the GL and go through our staff book archives with them."

Bastien claims, "My problem with the Masque is not having any IC clue as to what they do"

Lilian wonders, "Masque? Is there afile on it?"

Bastien says, "None of my chars have ever really known, barring one or two."

Jester raises a hand. It jingles.

Edward claims, "Help sable."

Kinaed claims, "I think 'help sable masque' - but I may have disabled it because it needs rewritten."

Samantha claims, "I agree with edward on that.. and yeah the sable masque.. "

Edward states, "The helpfile needs to be updated, but."

Temi has created a dab of scented oil!

Temi drinks water from a dab of scented oil.
Temi discards a dab of scented oil as empty.

Wymer says, "I think that message at the end of the helpfile needs to be updated."

Beronica raises her hand. "I was wondering if we can put the liquid results of herbalism in something like a flask or waterskin, so that we have more than one dose available in one container."

Temi has created a dab of scented oil!

Quest buddy drinks water from a dab of scented oil.
Quest buddy discards a dab of scented oil as empty.

Temi says, "I think they should be able to. They use the drink system now."

Kinaed claims, "I've tagged the help file for re-writing and will discuss that with the GL."

Temi says, "If it becomes a problem with combining different things, though, we may have to address that issue."

Bastien states, "So, re: the sable masque, it'd be helpful to circulate some kind of IC hints about who'd even be interested."

Kinaed claims, "Hmm."

Kinaed says, "The Masque doesn't quite work that way."

Samantha claims, "I just hope the gl gets their act together.."

Nayiv tells you, "Btw... The answer to that question seems to have been yes, we should be done, because I passed out on my computer."

Carmen says, "The problem is nobody knwos the new Masque's mission."

Kinaed says, "Unlike other guilds, this one will find you if they think you're right for them. There is no seeking process."

Carmen states, "So it's essentially impossible to have any idea if you should be interested."

Edward claims, "Well, there've been... Quite a few IC hints. It's just that the 'hints' seem to grow legs and walk off."

Bastien states, "That's what I figured."

Carmen questions to Samantha, "Try being more blatant, maybe? *grin*"

Carmen states, "Er, wrong person."

Carmen declares to Edward, "You, I mean!"

Jester jingles her hand too. "I may not know if it was added lately, but is there some way to auto step through all updated rumors? Like you do with boards and "read unread"? As a bard, there tend to be a lot of them, especially when coming on after a few busy days."

Wymer muses, "So im curious is the masque mission still to the lines of the helpfile or is it flipping entirely? Because if that is the case why take away a mage guild to put in a another guild that hunts mages?"

Kinaed states, "Yes, just type rumor alone and hit enter."

Kinaed claims, "We don't have a read unread though."

Jester states, "Rumor only lists them. One has to buy (for 0 silver), everyone in turn, then review them yet again to have them be marked as "read" in the list."

Kinaed claims, "The Masque mission has changed, but not substantially. I think it's more a matter of emphasis."

Wymer muses, "So tech we have 2 mage hunting guilds now?"

Kinaed says, "I also think that what people learn about the Masque should be learned ICly as opposed to here. The guild is secretive, and I'd prefer this one (experimental, I openly admit) discover itself through RP."

Samantha claims, "And no mage guild.. fantastic"

Edward claims to Kinaed, "Agreed."

Edward claims, "PFFFT."

Bastien states, "I agree as well Kinky."

Wymer states, "Im just trying to understand is all."

Bastien states, "Just wanted some little clue."

Edward exclaims, "Mages dun need no guild. You guys have been doing better without a guild then you have with one!"

Kinaed claims, "There is no mage guild at the moment."

Bastien claims, "Knowing it's an emphasis change is plenty"

Gordon claims, "I believe the mage guild was taken out because it needed some serious rewriting."

Lilian queries, "Are mage guilds impossible, or is it just difficult for mages to make guilds currently?"

Kinaed claims, "We're working on the possibility of re-opening the Manus."

Kinaed says, "But I'm not sure that I want to re-open it."

Carmen states, "I guess if you think you could be interested you could just mail the Librarian and see what happens."

Carmen says, "Re: the Masque, not Manus."

Samantha says, "I semi agree edward.. it is still just ridiculous that the manus were taken out.. Masque brought around and then the masque don't do bloody thing.. one event and that was it"

Kinaed says, "Originally we were going to do so with the idea of giving them their own manifesto of magical terrorism because we found that they didn't really do much except offer a guild-blocked place for mages to go hide and learn."

Temi states, "The masque is an experiment, as Kin said."

Bastien says, "Right."

Samantha claims, "And the event was only because kinaed did it.."

Gordon says, "I think we should bring back the Manus but have them more active."

Kinaed states, "And we may still."

Nayiv claims, "I really would like some form of mage guild. That's part of why the chaos thing was so nice. Even if we lack a guildhall and just have some small group of terrorists, at least we'll have some group to work with and some way to connect."

Bastien states, "I've GL'ed Manus in the past and I actually agree with Kinaed."

Temi claims, "The manus was too easy."

Lilian queries, "Hmm, I don't see a point in a mage guild o.o no offense. Can't mages just come together and proclaim them self RP wise?"

Kinaed states, "Magic has flourished recently very strongly without the guild."

Edward nods at Lilian.

Temi says, "If/when we add it back in, we wil have solved that issue, hopefully."

Returning to the scene with a liveried courtier at his side, Gavin murmurs, "Excuse me for that." He bows his head, then dismisses his adjutant.

Kinaed says, "Just a night or two ago, I logged in - 16 players online 7 mages."

Carmen claims, "It's harder for mages to find each other sans a guild, and for genuinely new mages to get awakened. That said people often manage, but, eh."

Edward says, "Mages are -unbelievably- strong right now."

Edward says, "Literally the only thing holding them back is themselves."

Azarial states, "Should autoawaken."

Temi claims to Carmen, "Yeah. It's suposed to be harder. It may have been gotten a bit too easy."

Nayiv claims, "There's definitely a lot, that I agree with... but it's just hard for us to connect. To the point of literally kidnapping people with Nullem to try and awaken them."

Carmen claims to Temi, "You know I don't agree, but."

Azarial says, "And i will add you can set astral moods."

Carmen grins.

Kinaed says, "TI originally did not have a mage guild, and it was very much a 'feel your way through by RP' sort of thing. It's back that way, and it's interesting how much stronger magic is overall."

Wymer exclaims, "I will band them all together!"

Wymer claims, "Im good at causing chaos."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Gordon claims, "I agree, but one thing I think we should have is some way to get together easier in the astral and an item that shows you want to be awakened."

Carmen states, "Magic waxes and wanes."

Kinaed claims, "I think it just forces things back into the realm of RP instead of being a simple OOC seek and a lot of assumptions about how magic grew and formed your character. Now people have to forge their magic experience."

Bastien says, "I've always been one of magery's biggest boosters, but I agree with Temi and Kinaed on this. I'd love to see coded facilitation of mage groups, but I don't think the Guild system is the right way to go"

Lilian says, "Sounds like the way it is now is good. Let RP sort it out rather than a formal guild. "

Kinaed nods at Lilian.

Kinaed says, "I think people find getting awakened hard."

Carmen states, "I really think mages need more ways to find each other not dependant on sitting in the astral."

Kinaed states, "At least, that's what I'm hearing."

Carmen trails off, "Guilds - can take it or leave it, but contact..."

Nayiv says, "Mm... that might work. I don't really need a formal guild, I want some way to find new mages and help us connect."

Kinaed says to Carmen, "I've heard your saying that, but I think I'd prefer to take a watch and see approach."

Samantha claims, "Though i shall admit it also urks me that we only have.. one 'evil' guild the brotherhood.. and on that note lilian and kinaed should we not let the brotherhood sort themselves out through rp? I mean same basic concept there.."

Gavin has lost link.

Lilian queries, "Can't a mage leave notes and rumors? Something vague about astral things?"

Kinaed says to Lilian, "You absolutely can."

Kinaed says, "Right now, you can do those things."

Azarial states, "Irks"

Kinaed claims, "The thing is, it's risky, and a lot of people are afraid to take risks."

Wymer states, "People dont wanna overstep and get insta fire while still cyan"

Wymer states, "Because if you slip then you get fire."

Kinaed claims, "From my perspective, a risk reward decision is ultimately very plausible and excellent RP."

Gavin has reconnected.

Kinaed claims to Wymer, "There's a big warning sticker on selecting to be a mage for that very reason."

Wymer says, "I understand compelely"

Carmen says, "The problem being the converse: when enough people are too cowed by the risks because the reward feels too small, which I think has been a common problem with magery."

Wymer claims, "If I could spell that would be awesome too."

Carmen grins at Wymer.

Kinaed states, "Doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment."

Bastien says, "The problem is that the Manus was, in the end, not all that thematic. I liked playing in the Manus, but it Kinky has compared it to an academic institution and I agree"

Carmen nods at Bastien.

Bastien states, "It didn't really add to the paranoia of TI's mage conflict."

Loreth nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Carmen says, "As an academic institution, it didn't work."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan to a lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes.

Wymer says to Bastien, "Well when you have GL's who say the guild isnt allowed to attack. If you have a GL who is LEADIng attacks on the populace it fits very well."

Nayiv says, "That's why I like the idea of a group of radical mages who perform terror acts and the like."

Samantha nods to Azarial "Ah thanks." returns to topic at hand "I a shall agree that the manus in the later days of it's... lifespan really veered from the intended path.. And Wymer has the right idea."

Carmen states to Nayiv, "100% with you there."

Azarial claims, "It is doable; the mages still have a channel like the guilds to work with."

Bastien states, "I am a fan of decentralized covens, with risk and reward built in like that. No homogeneous mage organizations."

Kinaed claims, "I think having a guild actually discouraged covens simply because covens are harder."

Bastien claims, "I think we could all think about the best way to support something like that in code, and talk about it next week."

Samantha states, "But azarial when you have mages who are allied with the order and what not indirectly it puts a huge risk planning a formal get to gether"

Kinaed claims, "But - covens are so much better for RP."

Bastien states, "I agree with that Kinaed."

Carmen claims, "All you need for covens is a way to find each other."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes gnaws on a tongue of flame carefully shaped out of marzipan, before rubbing furiously at this tongue "Ybow...ybow... haostbth1"

Temi states, "I think the summary is we've got our eyes on it, we're not opposed to the idea of its return, but we sot of like what we're seeing."

A very young man with alert, brown eyes questions, "I don't understand. What do mages gain from constantly proving that they're terrorists?"

Edward states, "What do they gain from being nice? Absolutely. Nothing."

Tristana states, "I do think some non-dav cults for mage-religious purposes would be neat."

Kinaed says to a very young man with alert, brown eyes, "Well, it depends on how you look at it."

Samantha states, "I disagree with you on that kinaed.. Vren had a coven that rivaled the Number of manus members.. It is not hard people just have to want to do it"

Azarial states, "The faiths are there for the choosing"

Kinaed states, "In theory, they gain the ability to change things so that they're no longer forced to remain hidden, etc."

Gordon claims to a very young man with alert, brown eyes, "You freak out the population, to me, that's it's own reward."

Nayiv claims, "It adds a large amount of RP to the game, and it makes sure the Order has an 'enemy' so to speak."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes says, "I've never played a mage that played nice with others, too much risk of being sold out."

Samantha says, "Infact in her final days i think she had more mages on her side than the manus"

A fair-skinned gamine with deeply dimpled cheeks has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Carmen claims, "Yeah, #1 mortality risk for mages is trusting some other mage you shouldn't have."

A very young man with alert, brown eyes questions, "A good way to deal with mages, maybe?: Two factions come into place, one radical, one peaceful, and they turn offense against each other?"

Lilian says, "Acts of terrorism gives latent mages some leads to get awakened. Though...makes mages look bad."

Edward asks, "...Because mages are loved, in canon?"

Azarial states, "Kinda hard to validate a peacful mage group when the roder is a burn on sight reaction to mages"

Carmen says, "Well, the thought I had for the magical terrorism was mages who wanted to turn the POPULACE against the Church/helping the church."

Lilian trails off, "Also some interesting rp such as getting burned by a wall of fire and going to the hospital..."

A very young man with alert, brown eyes says, "Eh, sounds a bit ambitious now that I look at it"

Edward says, "Being a mage is insta-burning. No questions. Ever. If anyone DID question it, I'd be all about peaceful mages."

Tristana claims to Edward, "A fiery, passionate love. Emphasis on fiery."

Nayiv claims, "That would be cool. There's already kinda divided into two. the ones who just hide, and the ones who try to kill and cause a mess."

Carmen claims, "I.e., mages who tried to target common folks who turned in mages or supported the Church, in order to eventually overthrow the Order by common opinion."

Kinaed claims, "Practically speaking, the game is really not set up for that to happen. Institutionally, our RP is what happens in one city, so whereas I could see a mage, for example, taking Cellan captive or achieving the throne, there's still a broad world out there that needs changing, and probably not enough game infrastructure to manage that."

Carmen nods.

Carmen claims, "It would OOCly be a non-feasible goal. But ICly? ICly it might just seem doable enough to justify terrorism."

Wymer grins at Nayiv, "Yep those are the two.

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes begins his plot to take other the Throne.

Nayiv grins back.

Bastien states, "The real problem might be not enough OOC thought going into creating a mage character."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes declares, "Seamus, the Pirate-King!"

Bastien questions, "Why does *your* character pursue magic?"

Bastien queries, "What do they want?"
Tristana says to a lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes, "You have to be a good princess first, before you can be queen :P"

Wymer says, "I knew I went after the wrong building.... Should of gone with the castle not the cathedral."

Bastien says, "Not every mage can or should be a embodiment of the mage plight"

Kinaed states, "Several mages ICly have personal reasons - revenge for lost lovers or pain caused them. Attempts to make people understand and form their own comfortable home/haven. Dealing with who they are when who they are is hated."

Wymer frowns in thoughts

Carmen says, "Some mages will always hide because they see no reward and all risk in going out and causing mayhem. We need to support and encourage the folks who will go cause trouble. "

Kinaed says, "All good mage motives."

Bastien states, "Exactly."

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes states, "One of my most active mages didn't even use magick unless it was a last resort. Because at that time Naer was the Orde rin Brotherhood concerns."

Wymer says to Carmen, "I sacrifice my mages for the role of RP it creates."

Bastien exclaims, "Personal gain should factor in more. Use magic to corner the market! Or take out rivals!"

Kinaed claims, "There's no mandate that mages have to cause trouble. The closest mandate mages have by the game is 'don't get caught'."

Kinaed nods at Bastien.

Azarial claims, "In support, be sure to recommend poeple for good rp and such"

Carmen says to Bastien, "And I don't, because I'm selfish. *grin*"

Kinaed states, "Demon summoners are definitely in it for personal gain - power of all sorts."

Carmen states, "I get attached to my PCs and I don't want to lose them, so I never play mages who go do magey mayhem."

Kinaed states, "Even non-mages might want to become mages and go down the path of summoning if they're power hungry."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes claims, "I haven't messed with summoning yet. "

Lilian says, "You can summon demons? O.o"

Kinaed nods at a lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes.

Kinaed nods at Lilian.

Samantha states, "After 13 dead characters 8 who were at least mages i have grown disconnected from my characters"

Kinaed states to Lilian, "Type 'help summon'."

Beronica muses, "Oh, That brings to mind what is going to be the results of Essence of Nature in regards to the new herbalism?"

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes states, "The Mage spells on their own confuse me.... throwing the Summoning paragim into that would just make me stare at a wall."

Temi says to Beronica, "I've got a spec up there for Az. Tending and growing, I think."

Kinaed says, "I think Essence of nature will auto-bloom plants or something."

Samantha pats a lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes "If only seymor was still around.. summoning is amazing my friend.. but costly in xp and silver

Carmen states, "Y'know, we always go in these cycles: we get plenty of mage mayhem when a couple of people play mages willing to cause havoc and kill off their PCs, but when those folks aren't around or active, we can get quiet and almost dull."

Kinaed says, "Auto-tend them to best capacity, that sort of thing. A shortcut, basically."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes states to Samantha, "Of which I am a miser when it concerns expenditures."

Carmen states, "(Magecraft CAN be raised pretty cheaply now if you are very selective about the items you train on, btw.)"

[Action: Jester disappears into her pile of pillows again.]

Kinaed states to Carmen, "I don't think it's ultimately the staff's responsibility to make the game fun for people anymore than it's anyone's right to tell people they have to go out and get killed to entertain the other guys."

Samantha looks at Carmen and shakes head "I completely disagree.. From what i have heard it is still just as costly..

Temi states, "I did have another herbalism related topic that I'd like to fit in."

Carmen says to Kinaed, "I absolutely agree. Just, if we could think about ways to stop that cycling."

Beronica wonders, "Can it be used to get seeds from plants in the room at higher levels?""

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "What's that?"

Carmen states to Samantha, "I promise you you can do it."

Temi claims, "So, right now I'm sporting the scented oil fragrance."

Kinaed says to Carmen, "It could be as natural a cycle as aging."

Temi says, "You can see when you look with the tag about my smelling."

Carmen declares to Temi, "Oh neat!"

Kinaed says to Carmen, "If it's nature, it'll be pretty hard to stop, though we're always trying to keep things interesting on all levels."

Loreth queries, "Should it be indented like other effects (indecent, etc.)?"

Carmen states, "Huh, it's not indented like the other - yeah."

Gavin has lost link.

Gavin has reconnected.

Temi claims, "That's a room tag, and we use them for things like being naked, etc... probably."

Azarial states, "It will be"

Temi nods at Carmen.

Bastien says, "Sturdily, I don't know your char name, but send me a tell sometime and we can discuss some of the issues re: magery as a character path."

Carmen claims to Kinaed, "I think it's nature, but that doesn't mean it can't be effected, so to speak."

Temi states, "So, I know I'm going to use room tags for some things like boils covering your face."

Carmen says, "*affected"

Kinaed nods at Carmen.

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes states, "I think the oils and colognes thing is a grand idea."

Bastien claims, "I've played a lot of them and put a lot of thought into it over the years, so maybe our ideas can comingle and come up with something fruitful."

Temi questions, "But - things like perfume and makeup... do you guys want tags on those, or is that more of a spam thing?"

Kinaed says, "Definitely open to ideas on that topic. That's how we got the recommend system, for example."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes claims, "Scrawny I've been trying to think of a good alt shoot me a tell sometime."

Bastien declaims, "I want tags!"

Carmen says, "I kinda like those tags."

Samantha claims, "I don't think it would be spammy"

Kinaed says, "And right now, there's no doubt people that cause mayhem get more recommends and more rewards than the general ones."

Bastien states, "At the very least, in the look description."

Beronica states to Temi, "And possibly a positive modifier to App with the make-up."

Bastien wonders, "Just make sure makeup and perfume are consolidated?"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Please make a note that we need 'appearance' to be a stat that can be affected by herbalism, not jsut the base stats."

Gavin has lost link.

Kinaed says, "We'll probably make way for other cosmetics here."

Carmen trails off, "Oooh..."

Temi claims, "Okay. Currently they were affecting charisma, but could migrate it to app."

Gavin has reconnected.

Carmen muses, "Does this mean we'll maybe be able to change our app separate from our cha someday? *wriggles*"

Kinaed states, "I'm not sure that I'd make cosmetics attach to herbalism though."

Kinaed claims, "I think we should be able to do so now."

Beronica claims, "You can make it as part of Chandlery."

Tristana claims, "Yeah, cosmetics doesn't seem so guild skill-y. If it was, it'd probably be more merchant/chandlery-like."

Kinaed says to Beronica, "That's a good idea/point."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes muses to Beronica, "Scented wax cones?"

Lilian claims, "Chandlery was one of the skills I wasn't very interested in. That would be nice for it."

Beronica claims, "Chandlery already makes soaps and such."

Temi nods.

Tristana says, "It would be a great way to flesh out chandlery "

Kinaed states to Temi, "So let's earmark cosmetics for chandelry."

Jester trails off, "I'm gonna rub myself with a candle in the face to get pretty now? Bah those modern inventions ..."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes thinks he read something about reneisance people wearing scented wax for BO problems.

Lilian says, "I assumed all I needed was a single candle and use the bath house. :P As a newbie anyways"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed wonders, "That being said, are soft affects, etc being built in such a way that it's trivial to create objs with soft affects in other craft systems, or is it very hard-linked to herbalism?"

Temi says, "Okay. I can swap those recipes over whenever I release them. No, they don't have to be herbalism linked."

Kinaed states, "Sweet."

Azarial states, "The soft-aff system is no related to any skill"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Temi."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Awesome."

Temi says, "In fact, I was going to go in and convert some of the stuff in magecraft at some point."

Carmen says, "Oh that is COOL."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so we have a decision that cosmetics will be updated into Chandelry."

Tristana asks, "Magical soap? Hehe"

Kinaed states to Temi, "That'd be great."

Kinaed states, "Okay, our OOC Chat time is almost up."

A lithe fellow with copper hair and sea-blue eyes states, "I want to make an alt now that lives out in the swamp and makes potions....and cosmetics."

Kinaed queries, "Does anyone have anything burning to add right now?"

Kinaed muses, "Or are we happy to wrap it up and get back to our usual RP lives?"

Beronica muses, "I was wondering if we can make the two skills papercraft and chandelry non-guildskills?"

Wymer queries, "Can I make a request after everyone else is dropped?"

Kinaed states, "I think we need a review of guildskills in general."

Kinaed claims, "A lot of skills in game are guildskills, and there's a problem with that because it does highly emphasize guild participation."

Carmen says, "Yeeeah."

Kinaed states, "I think it's necessary to a degree, but it's finely balanced as to what is over-emphasized."

Carmen claims, "Looser guildskills in some shape, form or fashion would be nice."

Kinaed claims, "The problem with changing it is that it's damn hard to go backwards after you've released something to people and say 'nope, we've decided you shouldn't have that'."

Kinaed states, "I'll have a think on it, and maybe we can discuss it at next OOC Chat."

Temi states, "We tried an experiment with it and higher costs instead of actual limits.. and people didn't like it."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Beronica claims, "I can see some of the more production oriented skills being guildskills, like leatherworking, smithing and herbalism. But the half crafts are more like things the everyday family would have some knowledge about."

Carmen states, "I'd just take the 0-1 limit off, personally."

Carmen claims, "But keep the cap at 36."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, but rank 36 is proficient, and you can have that in any guildskill."

Carmen nods.

Kinaed says, "So theoretically, anyone can do any guildskill. It's -grandmastering- the guildskill that is definitely out of reach."

Beronica nods at Kinaed.

Lilian wonders, "Curiously, does equipment have durability?"

Kinaed nods at Lilian.

Carmen says, "Removing the 0-1 bit would keep that distinction but make guildskills a lot more accessible for the everyday stuff without having to buy them in chargen."

Beronica states, "And grandmastering takes special dedication of both time and money in order to achieve."

Kinaed says, "It has a condition, usually based off material. Generally, condition doesn't decline, however, unless an item is hit in combat."

Tristana says, "Yeah, it would be ok/nice if they could get the 0-1 rank so they could go to 36"

Kinaed claims, "We intend to add declining conditions, but it needs some thought so that it's not onerous."

Samantha states, "100 xp for purchasing a guildskill in chargen is not that bad"

Temi claims, "It's mainly thinking of it in chargen."

Kinaed says, "Time is now up for the OOC Chat. :)"

Carmen nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "Let's think about these things and bring them back next week? Same time, same place."

Lilian states, "Was just curious, I planned on being a jewelry person but... I'm thinking that everyone might already have all the jewelry they need without decay."

Carmen trails off to Lilian, "You can always have more jewelry..."

Kinaed claims, "That's unlikely, most players only start off with one item."

Beronica agrees with Samantha. "But then you find out that you are finding you are wanting to work on this skill because it fits with your character to have some knowledge but cannot since you cannot find a teacher for it."

Temi states, "I think most new jewelry needs come up from new outfits it needs to match."

Carmen nods at Beronica.

Nayiv questions, "Can I be transed out now? Gotta watch the seahawks game :)"

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's wrap it up. :) Thanks for coming, everyone. I'll look forward to an interesting meeting next week."
Lurks the Forums

• Information