Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Kinaed says, "Today's Agenda:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics."

Katarina avoided the grocery store to come. D

Kinaed queries, "Before we begin, does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda and make sure we talk about today?"

Meranda claims, "I feel like there is something but my mind is not thinking of it"

Kinaed nods at Meranda.

Kinaed claims, "Let us know if anything jogs your memory."

Meranda claims, "I most likely will"

Kinaed states, "Okay, staff updates. As usual, I'll kick it off."

Meranda pontificates, "YaY!"

Kinaed says, "This week I spent a bit of time reviewing RPxp with the staff and hashing out some bugs that we discovered when I asked Az to tag some feedback commands when certain RPxp code bits are tapped. The end result is that we found some things weren't working properly."

Meranda says, "Well that is good that we figured out what isn't working"

Kinaed says, "Now they are. For example, a think was being counted in the same way emotes were and when we extended the RPxp open period to 20, we didn't adjust the underlying 'required to be considered active' factors."

Beronica arches her eyebrow at Kinaed.

Meranda asks, "Um.. what is the 20 part?"

Kinaed states, "I think everything that was problematic was resolved."

Kinaed says, "Well, it used to be that if you emoted in a 10 minute period, you were active for 10 minutes."

Kinaed claims, "Slower RPers were dropping out of RP, so we extended that to 20 minutes."

Meranda says, "Oh.. ok that makes sense."

Loken is pretty slow, not gonna lie (OOC Emote)

Kinaed claims, "But we didn't alter the underlying requirements."

Meranda claims, "And that is rather nice to know actually. And we still love you anyway loken"

Kinaed claims, "So now we did to mean that you must emote 2x in 20 minutes to remain active, basically."

Kinaed states, "Sort of, there's some math for how many people are in a room."

Meranda nods

Aios has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Aios.

Aios puts a cold snap cookie in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Kinaed states, "The other RPxp shift was around thinks."

Olivia has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A chocolate brown skinned tone male eats a cold snap cookie.

Kinaed claims, "Thinking earns RPxp, but we didn't want to confuse it with the emote pool because one is visible to other players and the other isn't."

Kinaed states, "Also, there are length limits on emotes before they'll be considered RPxp-able emotes, whereas that doesn't need to be the case with thinks."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, we resolved that as well. The rest seems to be working well."

Azarial wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Olivia.

Meranda nods "Good to know.. and welcome azarial."

Azarial says, "We'll see if the laptop boots"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, the next thing... I finished places code. The book is there with the last addition regarding how eavesdropping can be detected."

Victyr muses, "So how long do emotes have to be in order to count for rpxp?"

Kinaed points at the Places Spec.

Kinaed claims, "About 10 words long, give or take."

Delilah gets the Places Spec.

Kinaed says, "Says are considered emotes."

Victyr nods to Kinaed, " Thanks " D

Kinaed nods at Victyr.

Victyr studies the Places Spec.

Meranda says, "That is good to know about says"

Victyr studies the Places Spec.

Loken states, "I have a question about places"

Azarial states, "At least fiur letters long to count"

Kinaed says, "We also fixed up a lot of little messaging things, so you'll note that if you read a note on the boards, you'll see at the top of the note which board it's on, for example. Some little stuff like that."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed muses to Loken, "What's on your mind?"

A chocolate brown skinned tone male gets the Places Spec.

A chocolate brown skinned tone male looks at a book in his hands.

Loken questions, "For the sneaky types, would using the eavesdropping command break hide?"

A chocolate brown skinned tone male looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed says, "No, and in fact being hidden ought to exclude you from being caught eavesdropping. I need to add that in the spec."

Azarial states, "There we go. laptop keyboard. and freeballing; if I vanish my battery died"

Loken says, "Good to know, thanks."

Kinaed wonders, "Any other thoughts or questions about anything thus far?"

Meranda shakes her head

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's most of my update. Az, you're up."

Olivia starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Meranda pets a plush lizard doll with long thin tail and scale-like look slowly as she waits

A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick, held by Victyr flickers.

Azarial says, "Sorry; two year old in the face."

Meranda states, "Understandable"

Azarial says, "Anyways. assorted string fixes, typos, and such. soe minor bugs resolved, and rpxp finessed to be a bit more consistent."

A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick, held by Victyr flickers.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Victyr snuffs a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.

Azarial states, "So it should be a bit smoother and cleaner, though prolly not noticable in the prompt or on the free xp values."

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "You're primarily focused on finishing herbalism at the moment, right?"

Azarial says, "Yeah. trying to work all of the string stuff out so taht temi can set what it looks like on the items and it shows properly in afefcts and score."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods.

Temi says, "The upfront starting stuff is going to be the most complicated, I think."

Azarial states, "Also trying to adjust things to prepare for the spare, so to speak. yay mid-april"

Azarial nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "My current view of priorities is:

1) Herbalism
2) Places code
3) Events."

Azarial states, "Once i get that, the rest should fall into place."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Meranda nods

Kinaed says, "I should add as part of my update that I wrote a spec and vetted it with the staff for an Event calendar to be built into game. So, instead of using the IC_Event board to invite people, we can add events to the game which will appear with reminders like the holiday calendar and display on whereRP when being run."

Safir is idle.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Temi nods.

Meranda says, "That is actually a really good idea"

Temi claims, "So... I'm moving cross-country in two weeks. So lots of RL stuff cleaning up and getting prepared and all that."

Azarial claims, "I still hvae a few bits of magic to finish, but that takes more concentration than I can gather up atm. he;s fighting the the naps."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi claims, "However, I'm planning to do my November quest with the Daravi.. this next week, so before I go."

Takta has returned from AFK.

Tristana has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Meranda nods to Temi "I hope the moving and prep for moving goes well."

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Tristana.

Tristana claims, "Mmm, cookies"

Temi says, "At this point, I think I'm going to skip the Daravi battle, but maybe have that later in November if people are intersted and my life is not crazy."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male pouts at Temi.

Loken says, "Damn, I was looking forward to that too"

Takta trails off, "-I'm- interested... *grin*"

Kinaed smiles.

Takta states, "I'm sure it can wait, though."

Meranda laugh softly

Temi claims, "Daravi battle being a fight with a bunch of NPCs, doing combat to decide the outcome of the battle."

Tristana muses, "Is this about the edessa stuffs?"

Azarial muses, "Have we adjusted combat since the lasst major battle, or willit be purely fun this time?"

Kinaed claims, "Let's let Temi settle in to her new job :)"

Kinaed nods at Tristana.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "I don't think we've adjusted combat for a long time."

Temi says, "We use them as combat testing, in addition to a way to decide how things fall out."

Takta claims, "We haven't done a major big battle since the combat tbale change."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Temi nods at Takta.

Takta says, "A lot of PC vs mob battles but not a sizable PC vs PC."

Kinaed states, "Okay. Might want to see about getting ranged combat (ie, archery, etc) in by then. Hmm."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male says, "(exhales on his knuckles and shines them on his shoulder) Im taking bets. "

Victyr drools at the thought of archery.

Temi states, "It would definitely be nice.. but I think at this point, I'll do the quest stuff with the in Lithmore stuff, and then the battle will be atempted later in the month"

Tristana asks, "Ooh, I did have a question regarding that. The Lithmorrans currently hold it, and we've options of taking actions to subvert, or support lithmore as players?"

Meranda shudders as she remembers the invasion battle

A chocolate brown skinned tone male exhales on his knuckles and shines them on his shoulder "Im taking bets." (FIXED)

Loken claims, "It's a good thing I still have a grand master slot open"

Temi claims, "Let me give a run down of the quest of what's going to be over the next week."

Victyr wonders, "So are we currently supposed to play nice with the Daravi? I'm confused, last I knew they were kill on sight type of deal"

Temi claims, "So, Daravi is a big place. Probably of similar size to the whole Kingdom of Lithmore."

Temi claims, "About ten IC years ago, we had another Daravi war quest where Queen Charmaine sent people off to try to conquer Daravi."

Meranda nods

Temi states, "What they got is they conquered some of northern Daravi, which includes the Daravi Protectorates. Charmaine established the conquered areas as a March, which she named Edessa."

Temi says, "So... Lithmore thinks it controls Edessa, Daravi doesn't much approve of or agree with this."

Temi claims, "There's been lots of skirmishes and isolated battles over the past ten years, occasionally trading back and forth different cities in the desert and such."

Meranda nods "dang daravi and thier tactis."

Kinaed says, "We've held events around these, either advancing or shifting back the Lithmorran cause based on the outcome of those battles, btw."

Olivia has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi claims, "So, Lithmore is still at war with Daravi, but there are some Daravi villages and such that are in Lithmorran control."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male grins at Meranda.

Meranda states, "And the daravi must just love that"

Temi claims, "So, some people would suggest that there are Daravi that are Lithmorran citizens... but mostly they'd be subjugated and hated. Some would try to convert them, some would try to just wipe them out and take over. Some would assume they're all spies."

Kinaed states, "I think it's important to consider where you come from, etc."

Temi nods.

Kinaed says, "If you're Farin, you may have fought on front lines or seen the war first hand. You may have lost family to the Daravi."

Victyr scratches his head a bit, " That's new."

Kinaed says, "It's not at all, it's been that way forever."

Takta says, "It's pretty dang unlikely you'd just be okay with Daravi, though, btw."

Kinaed states, "If you're from Lithmore, it might be more like the war in Afganistan - really far away."

Kinaed says, "But you'd still be at war."

Temi nods in agreement.

A chocolate brown skinned tone male cowers at the new outcome.

Temi states, "So the current goings on.. there's a new General that pretty much has taken control in Daravi."

Temi claims, "And it looks like he's planning an attack."

Loken queries, "The last time I was absent, I used Loken fighting on the Front Lines as an IC excuse for me not being around... would it make sense that Loken learned some Daravi?"

Kinaed states, "I think there'd generally be a broad spectrum of views about Daravi, but given that they openly use and accept magic, there's a fundamental issue that Daravi are viewed as, at best, heathens, and at worst flat out evil and tainted in the core."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Loken.

Kinaed claims, "Possible"

Riley has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Loken states to a chocolate brown skinned tone male, "Teach me Daravi plz"

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Riley.

Aios has gone AFK.

Kinaed trails off, "Now, with regards to hate versus killing on sight..."

Kinaed says, "A lot of people do not become sociopathic murderers because they hate other people."

Victyr muses to Kinaed, "So we're supposed to let them live now? Last I heard the Church and Crown both had a no tolerance thing against the Daravi""

Azarial states, "They just fanticise about it."

Kinaed claims, "But I do think hatred would be high in Lithmore of Daravi."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Takta states, "How people treat them has been hugely variable from PC to PC."

Kinaed states, "That's up to the church and crown and what they htink about it."

Temi claims to Victyr, "That is something we leave up to the PCs in charge to determine."

Kinaed says, "I agree it should be fairly variable from PC to PC, but killing is generally considered murder unless it's done within specific legal boundaries, so I'd think a Daravi could survive in Lithmore."

Temi says, "There's a range of acceptable reactions."

Riley wonders, "Oh, so like a veteran of the Front would probably be fueling with rage by seeing a Daravi strut about?"

Victyr just wants some consistency.

Takta states, "The only thing I think you can say for sure is that being perfectly accepting (treating a Daravi just like anybody else) isn't very thematic."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male nods at Riley.

Temi nods.

Takta says to Victyr, "This kind of thing is never very consistent in real life, to be honest."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, a Daravi in Lithmore from Edessa would have some legal standing, but the level of hatred and fear, etc, would be difficult to live with."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Azarial says, "Ditto charali and hillfolk. theya re barbarians in lithmore, no matter what their status back hoe."

Loken states, "Yep, which means Loken has to bite his tongue every time he sees their Daravi guest"
Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Madyriel falls from the sky and lands, face first, with an ungraceful SPLAT. [OOC]

Madyriel has returned from AFK.

Safir claims, "Daravi is worse than Charalin or Hill"

Azarial says, "Hence no gentry status in the code for all three of those."

Temi states, "So, for this quest over the next week, Lithmore currently has troops in Edessa, but it's winter so we can't send reinforcements. We have to work with what's already there."

Kinaed trails off, "Anyway, I'm not sure how we got onto the social consequences of Daravi in Lithmore, but Temi's running a quest... :)"

Azarial was pointing out related theme inconsistencies

Madyriel waves.

Safir muses, "I've seen xi's walk around for Daravi. They have gentry status if they have that, no?"

Azarial states, "Nope."

Delilah says, "They may have had it at home, but not here."

Safir states, "That's what I meant"

Azarial states, "Code will not permit a gentry daravi. but the strings can be set. he might be a nob at home. here? jumped up pesant."

Kinaed states, "No, they may be gentry or even royal at home, but to a Lithmorran, they're a feared enemy/barbarian."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male states, "We can be consider it at home but in lithmore we are no more than a freeman."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male says, "^^"

Safir says, "Right. I got that. But with the phrasing, it sounded like they didn't have it at home either, thus the question."

Temi states, "Gavin and Ariel have agreed to take on coordinating the decision making of what to do with the troops that are in Lithmore to respond to the General's suspected attack."

Azarial states, "Code is geared towards our status in lithmore city. there is no code for whatever your status might be back home."

Beronica claims, "Makes sense."

Kinaed states, "At home, they'd be whatever their people view them as. It's highly contextual, but when in game on the grid, we're in IC so 'standard Lithmorran views' are treated as default codewise."

Meranda nods to Temi "Those two always taking all the fun

Temi claims, "I've provided all the guilds with guild notes to help include information that will be helpful in making good decisions on troop placements, so all of the guilds should be helpful in some manner or another."

Kinaed says, "Er, we're ICly in Lithmore. Whoops."

Safir claims, "I got it the first time, guys."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, wasn't about correcting you, Saf. More just trying to be precise and people talking over one another."

Temi claims, "And, over the next week, I'll be introducing some RP quest scenes in Lithmore to add more information to consider."

Azarial is feeding a two year old.

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man is idle.

Katarina hugs Loken.

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man is no longer idle.

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "We're 40 minute sthrough the OOC meeting and haven't finished the staff updates."

Beronica trails off, "We got side tracked at Temi and her quest..."

Tristana declares, "...for power!"

Kinaed claims, "May I ask that we get some short one-liners in so we can get to player business? Sorry, guys."

Kinaed smiles at Beronica.

Kinaed nods at Beronica.

Temi claims, "So, that's where the quest is going."

Kinaed smiles.

Meranda ponders.

Kinaed states, "And I think it sounds awesome, Temi."

Kinaed states, "Okay, Takta, you're up."

Loken states, "Yeah I can't wait for it to get implemented."

Takta says, "I have drawn up a paradigm for new woodworking (on the forums, please read if you're at all interested in it) and am also, after some considering, reworking magecraft to end at skill 60 or so (i.e. no recipe will require more than skill 60). Also, damn I want a hamburger right now. I think that's all."

Takta pontificates, "Oh! Queen's Hall of History room is an IC history museum. Still wanting new submissions for it, only have -one- suggestion so far - c'mon guys!"

Kinaed grins.

Azarial queries, "I gave you twi items?"

Takta states, "Forgot to say this at the last OOC meeting I attended but I added a bunch of lore to the grid and we are reasonably up to date."

Takta states to Azarial, "One from players, I mean."

Meranda arches a brow at this last part "So wait.. there will be no reason for getting magecraft past rank 60?

Azarial states, "...ahh."

Azarial says to Meranda, "For now"

Takta says, "No, except assured success on the hardest item, the Court summoning circle."

Takta states, "Ranks above 60 will be refunded if requested."

Kinaed states, "Or to be the champion."

Takta states, "There just aren't enough recipes to justify a full craft, but too many for a half craft."

Beronica is currently thinking about bringing her herbalism to a cool 80...
Lurks the Forums

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Takta claims, "So a 3/4 craft it is, I think. I'm still figuring that out."

Takta claims, "Anyway, that's it for me."
Kinaed nods.

Meranda mumbles a bit "Rank 64.. But how will this work if you have to have 10 ranks.. like a recipe has to be within 10 ranks to get pool from it?

Kinaed muses to Madyriel, "Are you available to update us?"

Madyriel nods at Kinaed.

Takta claims, "You now pool at 2x diff."

Delilah cuddles Madyriel.

Meranda questions, "So 20 ranks?"

Takta says, "I.e. most magecraft recipes will now pool within 20 ranks, yes."

Takta claims, "That change was made a little while back."

Meranda states, "Good to know.. i would hate to summon a bunch of court demons just to pool my skill in it"

Beronica queries to Takta, "Is that for all the crafting skills on the new system?"

Azarial states, "Yes"

Meranda leans towards Temi and nudges her side "By the way.. love your demon forms." Then runs of smirking

Madyriel says, "I feel like I haven't done anything this week and can't remember what I've done on account of being soooo tired with my research schedule getting me up early in the AM. Lots of little behind the scenes things with crafts and bugs and helpfiles."

Casimir has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Casimir.

Aios has returned from AFK.

Takta claims, "All skills pool at 2xdiff, most skills do not have a diff of 10 like magecraft."

Madyriel states, "Nothing mind-blowing enough to remember. ;)"

Temi claims, "The difference is for all crafts, but like cooking it's now from like 5 to 10, instead of 10 to 20."

Kinaed nods at Madyriel.

Takta states, "Most probably pool within 10."

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed asks of Delilah, "Okay, you have anything for us?"

Beronica waves to Casimir.

Takta states, "We really need a fix so players can tell what will pool for them in new crafting."

Aios has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Meranda looks around and whistles innocently.

Delilah claims, "Ahm.. Not really but I've been gone the last few so, sec."

Beronica questions to Takta, "Color them?"

Takta states to Beronica, "I mean, we need the code."

Delilah states, "Thanks to everyone who dealt with me through the Tower quest. Family and RL kept screwing me all up and you guys carried on in the Quest flawlessly. I'm glad that my shadows got to hurt a few of you(hehe) and that it provided some mild rp and excitement for a few hours! ANYWAYS- I have been up to a bit of this and that, touching up a few typos and requests. That's it. Boring, old Delilah.""

Takta claims, "You building phomes keeps the game running."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Azarial nods.

Delilah chuckles.

Meranda claims, "Indeed.. phomes make the world go around.. economically of course"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's it for staff updates. :)"

Kinaed muses, "Player Heartbeat - how's the RP lately, folks?"

Loken says, "Pretty damn great, I could do with more, but you know, that's just me"

Kinaed smiles.

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man declaims, "Very good!"

Kinaed states, "Awesome. "

Takta states, "We look nicely active right now. "

Katarina claims, "Good. :)"

Beronica says, "Pretty good overall. Had to put up a public apology."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed grins at Beronica.

Meranda laughs suddenly "Well considering one of my characters have not changed since the last meeting this character is doing well.

Takta is personally having fun. grin*

Kinaed declares, "Never fun doing those!"

Casimir says, "Working with Cellan to get some bigger things rolling, but timing issues and working around other peoples' plots is setting us (mostly me) back a bit."

Takta trails off, "Don't you mean -always- fun..."

Loken remembers when he had to write one as a Squire

Tristana says, "In other news, Tris can move into Loken's house and they can be 'thunder buddies'. Because I need to ambush Loken for more RP."

Kinaed grins at Loken.

Beronica smirks to Meranda. "Yeah, you got a big bomb about to go off."

Madyriel goes AFK to scrounge up a beer and maybe a shot of coffee...

Loken claims to Tristana, "Joke's on you, he has no house"

Meranda states, "Will be having some interesting rp coming soon as meranda"

Takta says, "I personally got some fun RP out of the cold snap our cookies are commemorating."

Tristana queries to Loken, "Cardboard box?"

Madyriel has gone AFK.
Katarina pontificates to Tristana, "He's minnnnne! lol"

Kinaed says, "It's awesome to hear things are going so well."

Kinaed questions, "So, on to player topics in our last 10 minutes - anyone have anything they want to discuss?"

Loken asks, "Speaking of RP, I have a couple things to ask? If we have time"

Loken pontificates, "Er, yes, me!"

Meranda pushes Beronica out the window that just appeared "Yeah.." suddenly launched herself at Tristana and glomps on "Sorry ladies."

Kinaed nods at Loken.

Beronica claims, "Now's the time."

Kinaed wonders, "What's on your mind, Loken?"

Loken says, "One thing, could we implement a really really small rpxp gain for solo rp? I think it'd help, for those who like to do it, develop their character more."

Beronica grumbles as a set of vines brings her back through the window and sets her down in her rocking chair. "Nice try."

Loken states, "Second thing, I'm trying to convince a couple of friends to play, and they want to know what guilds could use more people or what concepts you all might think help benefit the game as a whole."

Casimir states to Loken, "Might benefit from a blog if you don't have one already. As a note. Don't really have an opinion either way on the solo RPXP gain thing."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male claims, "I will say when I first dropped on the grid and attended the charity ball it looks promising for conflicting RP I might aquire but it never really went through but over last couple days has been picking up to what I thought it might take to. so im having fun."

Victyr raises an eyebrow to Loken, " You want xp for not rping with people?"

Beronica declares to Loken, "Physicians!"

Delilah has left the game.

Katarina has left the game.

Takta claims, "Orderites, always."

Kinaed states, "We always need inquisitors."

Takta claims, "I don't think we need more physicians at all."

Casimir agrees with Takta.

Takta states, "Sorry Beronica. ;)"

Madyriel has returned from AFK.

Loken wonders, "Inquisitors, anything else?"

Tristana states, "I recently put up a request for applications to a number of master and journeyman positions."

Riley claims, "I think we need more merchants."

Takta states, "Right, we need to post those applications."

Meranda grumbles at this part "Would have said manus but... yeah sore subject with me.. And hey always need inquisitors.. more than you realize."

Takta states, "Usually we don't need more merchants, but... right now, quite possibly so."

Riley claims, "I don't think I know any woodworker."

Beronica pouts. "I want more physicians. Especially those that are non-gentry so that they can practice Southside."

Loken asks, "Can I have a basic idea of what the app post would look like so I could give my friends the skinny?"

Meranda says, "Beronica is the only woodworker.. persay"

Kinaed says, "For game function, yes. Inquisitors are in demand. We have a lot of other roles that filling would be good because they're skimpy (yes, a lot of merchant-types), but nothing where the game is sorely pained without them."

Safir claims, "You've got a non-gentry physician."

Safir points to herself.

Takta claims, "Woodworkers, tailors, jewelrs and leatherworkers all requested in Tris's note."

Loken says, "Alright, thanks"

Kinaed states, "Help application has the app format."

Beronica says to Safir, "But I don't want to lose you to Southside."

Tristana states, "Tris is a half-assed wood worker. He can do it, but he's not as keen as Ber. "

Loken says, "So inquisitors and more merchants, got it."

Takta says, "Actually, we're in a place right now where every game role could use a little love."

Kinaed claims, "Not sure if Inquisitors are open at the moment, gotta poke Olivia, but I'm sure she'd be interested. Well, mostly sure."

Casimir trails off to Loken, "I'm totally down with chunking out some QP and getting them a background connection to House Azadar. Maids, cooks, guards, spies...."

Kinaed gives a cold snap cookie to Madyriel.

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man declares, "More heretics!"

Madyriel hugs Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles.

Madyriel eats a cold snap cookie.

Takta says to the vibrant, sharp-toothed young man, "Okay, never mind, that's ONE thing we don't need. ;)"

Azarial questions, "Someone to spit on barbarians?"

Safir states to Beronica, "You won't lose me, babe."

Loken claims, "Well that's my piece, thanks for your input guys"

Azarial claims, "Or throw eggs at."

Meranda says, "Also i just remembered what i was going to ask earlier kinaed"

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man smiles

Kinaed wonders to Meranda, "What was that?"

Tristana states to the vibrant, sharp-toothed young man, "Quiet over there, two-feet. XP"

Beronica muses to Safir, "Can we claim each other?"

Beronica queries, "Did I just kill the discussion?"

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man states, ":O"

Meranda questions, "Well i know the sable masque was restarted and i am curious.. Has the guild made any.. improvements? like recruited new folks or anything or are they just sitting stangnant"

Kinaed claims, "Waiting for Meranda's Q."

Kinaed states, "No, the focus has shifted away from them due to OOC stuff."

Safir states to Beronica, "Sure."

Meranda asks, "So does it even exits anymore codewise?"

Kinaed states, "It does, yes."

Casimir states, "I'm part of it."

Casimir nods sagely.

Safir says, "Spoiler."

Takta questions, "I have a quick crafting question for folks: how many recipes does a craft need per rank for folks to feel like it's alright? I.e., do you need to get a new recipe every rank? Every other rank? Etc?"

Kinaed states, "The Masque is a bit different to other covert guilds - you cannot seek it, it will seek and find you if appropriate to the RP."

Kinaed says, "I'd think one every 5 ranks or so is fine. It's like that with spells, afterall."

Victyr says, "I'd be okay with every 2 to 3 ranks Takta, every rank seems a bit excessive, even 5 would be cool"

Meranda nods "Interesting.. So we created the guild.. and now it just has put to the side.. hmm.. not exactly happy with this development but eh..

Tristana says, "I like them spread out so you get new recipies every rank, or just about every rank. To prevent clumping. "

Beronica says, "2-3 ranks would work well. Just enough to codely give the impression of the crafter mastering the newest skill before learning the next one."

Kinaed says, "The GL appears to be active and hasn't lost any approval for lack of being active. When I say put aside, I mean staff aren't involved."

Takta claims, "Magecraft's high costs/difficulty to create items you often don't want in order to train them is bothering me and I'm trying to think of how best to make it cool and not irritating."

Takta states, "Hence why I ask. It only has 41 recipes, whereas most crafts have 80+."

The vibrant, sharp-toothed young man has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "I have a question, but we only have 1 minute to go."

Beronica says to Takta, "Clump some recipes on the same rank. Maybe one or two that can be used in the next clumps recipes."

Azarial muses, "I thought it ran an hour and a half?"

Meranda laughs and pats Takta on the back "To be honest takta and speaking from someone who if memory serves me correct is highest rank in magecraft i think it is just perfect... you only have so much one can do with magic

Kinaed states, "If anyone wants gone, let me know."

Kinaed states, "Eh. SOmetimes."

Takta says to Beronica, "Clumping them on the same rank would make it way worse because there are so few."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, traditionally, we do a big blow-out December/Christmas quest."

Takta states, "...Unless I full out half-crafted it."

Kinaed claims, "This year, Takta was going to take the lead on it, but every idea she's had has been, er, sort of semi-usurped."

Takta trails off, "Wait..."

Tristana says, "Hmm, if i might bring something up, i've had a few people say they've been having trouble finding merchants to get supports from. Unless you have an activity like mine, I can believe that. I also don't have the IPs gathered to be offering supports myself. "

Takta queries, "I was going to take the lead on it?"

Meranda claims, "Yeah i remembeber last years "

Kinaed muses, "I thought you were December?"

Takta says, "I um... was not aware of that and I totally can't. I was October."

Takta says, "Er September"

Kinaed claims, "Oh."

Takta claims, "The sewer quest. *grin*"

Casimir declares, "I'll take the lead!"

Temi claims, "December was just group effort."

Kinaed states, "Well, nevermind. Not a big deal. DECEMBER QUEST IS NOT DEFINED>"

Kinaed claims, "That's the point."

Takta chortles.

Temi states, "Which we haven't discussed yet."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have anything they'd like to see? Ideas?"

Madyriel chuckles.

Riley hugs onto Tristana.

Takta muses to Tristana, "Quick Q, what do you mean by support from a merchant? You mean sponsorship/"

Tristana pets Riley, "Adopting orphans since...uh, now I guess."

Tristana says, "Right, sponsoring for entry into the guild"

Meranda kicks Riley off of Tristana "I don't got anything i can think of.. How are the brotherhood doing? Are they active or stalemating again?"

Takta claims, "Hmm. It only requires 1 sponsor right now since so few are active."

Victyr has only rp'd with one seeker, and has good ic resons to not sponsor them.

Beronica pulls Riley towards her and hisses at Tristana. "Mine.

Kinaed claims, "Players who re looking for who to contact for sponsorship should type 'seek guildlist' or 'guildlist merchant'"

Kinaed states, "Btw, everyone can do that."

Azarial still needs to fix a few bugs in the guildlist options.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, GLs still see the lists a bit wierd."

Safir says, "Brotherhood are fairly active. They did the Silver Week."

Beronica states, "I type 'guildlist merchant' and get my guild."

Azarial claims, "Like i said."

Kinaed says, "But anyway, the point is, people can get a list of contacts to mail, message or otherwise ICly (or OOCly) harass to arrange facetime."

Takta says, "As a note, guys, the all-staff quests tend to be our BIG ones."

Riley claims, "Oh, maybe if I run into Argider."

Takta says, "So if there's anything at all you'd like to see, this might be a chance to aim high."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Loken claims, "Unicorns."

Kinaed says, "Like 'I want a mage invasion of all the mages that fled lithmore' ... we did that once."

Takta says, "The Flood Quest, the Monarch Quest (though Temi did 90% of the work there) and the Invasion were all all-staff quests."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Loken questions, "Maybe we can use the Daravi battle for the December quest?"

Kinaed says, "That might be a bit small for that."

A chocolate brown skinned tone male states, "Retribution for the mass burning."

Meranda shudders "Don't remind us kinaed.. that was fun but frustrating as well.. 5 seconds

Temi claims, "The Daravi battles are usually a bit smaller, yeah. We could, but it wouldn't be the big all-staff effort that we wanted to try to give you guys for December."

Beronica muses, "Natural disaster like a tornado or a sudden blizzard?"

Loken claims, "The discovery of gunpowder"

Kinaed asks, "Well, everyone, think about it for the next OOC Chat?"

Loken claims, "That works"

Azarial claims to Loken, "No"

Victyr says, "A dragon *sage nod*"

Safir says, "Not a baby dragon. Proper dragon."

Meranda laughs "Now don't be subtle Azarial."

Safir claims, "That you can ride."

Victyr says to Safir, "Beeeeeeeg dragon"

Beronica points to Casimir saying to Loken. "There is your dragon."

Kinaed asks, "I'm planning to take my family swimming today, so.. anyone have anything to add?"

Azarial claims, "No dragons either. that the crocs were called dragon is misinformation"
Safir states to Victyr, "I want to ride a dragon."

Loken states, "Nothing on my end"

Casimir trails off to Azarial, "I can provide a thematic dragon..."

Casimir states to Azarial, "I can -totally- do that. That actually completely ties in =P"

Victyr wonders, "Aliens?"

Takta says, "Guuuuys, c'mon, we have a theme. :p"

Beronica says to Casimir, "You can blame me and Safir for that."

Azarial claims, "The closest thing to aliens would be the toroshiro adn they wer retconned out and repalced with daravi in the race tables"

Casimir states, "Well, it won't be an ACTUAL dragon."

Meranda states, "I got nothing.. "

Beronica says, "Gah, mistarget"

Beronica states to Azarial, "You can blame me and Safir for that."

Kinaed says, "Hehe, okay. Well, we'll ask again next wee."

Safir says, "Don't blame me. I pulled dragon from the room in the sewers that has the huge animal bones. I think that's where I got the idea."

Madyriel smiles.

Kinaed says, "Anyone who took a places ledger, please junk it when you're done."

Tristana claims, "New charali myth: dragons were recognized as horses with scales that rode the skies."

Kinaed declares, "Thank you, everyone who attended today!"
Lurks the Forums

Applesauce

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Voxumo wrote: Kinaed trails off, "Now, with regards to hate versus killing on sight..."

Kinaed says, "A lot of people do not become sociopathic murderers because they hate other people."

Victyr muses to Kinaed, "So we're supposed to let them live now? Last I heard the Church and Crown both had a no tolerance thing against the Daravi""

Azarial states, "They just fanticise about it."

Kinaed claims, "But I do think hatred would be high in Lithmore of Daravi."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Takta states, "How people treat them has been hugely variable from PC to PC."

Kinaed states, "That's up to the church and crown and what they htink about it."

Temi claims to Victyr, "That is something we leave up to the PCs in charge to determine."

Kinaed says, "I agree it should be fairly variable from PC to PC, but killing is generally considered murder unless it's done within specific legal boundaries, so I'd think a Daravi could survive in Lithmore."

Temi says, "There's a range of acceptable reactions."

Riley wonders, "Oh, so like a veteran of the Front would probably be fueling with rage by seeing a Daravi strut about?"

Victyr just wants some consistency.

Takta states, "The only thing I think you can say for sure is that being perfectly accepting (treating a Daravi just like anybody else) isn't very thematic."
For Victyr's sake, who may have missed the meeting when this was brought up...

Yes, there was a no tolerance policy against Daravi people in Lithmore. Though the above states such policy is up to the crown and church, it was actually decided in a recent OOC Chat that the policy should NOT be death on admission of being Daravi. That's been how IC worked since that meeting, I think 2 or 3 weeks ago?

So there is consistency as far as acting to policy, just sometimes policy changes. Hope that clarifies the situation.

Geras

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Are Edessans legally classed as Daravi? I'm sure they'd be view with suspicion (just like the Conversos of 15th and 16th century Spain and Portugal), but I would think they would be considered citizens of the Realm, and that those who converted would enjoy at least some protection from the state.

Temi

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Edessans are considered citizens of the Lithmorran kingdom to some extent, but very likely to face suspicion being of Daravi lineage. Many would have been killed off altogether or fled when the Lithmorrans took their cities, so it would be a smaller proportion. They would be expected to have converted to Davism and to face constant scrutiny and suspicion. The law would probably call it murder to kill them, but surely it's not even as bad as murdering a southsider, and many lawmen would gladly look the other way, figuring they were just biding their time, waiting for a back to stab.

Gavin

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:28 am

My next character is totally going to be an Edessan.

Thanks, Temi! (Seriously. That's amazing fodder right there.)

• Information