Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 pm

This is the log for the saturday meeting

Temi says, "Okay! So, OOC chat! Welcome everyone and thanks for coming."

Azarial states, "Surpsied that didn;t survive from the old skinning."

Seymor laughs evilly "Now my desc is better

Beronica cheers

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "Thanks for inviting us."

Noplen trails off, "Dressed all in red 'cept my gator shoes, those are green...."

A pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes. wonders, "Wait did we all just get plush sewer aligators? "

Temi says, "As Takta was saying, Kin broke her phone and doesn't look like she'll be able to come, though she'll try."

Takta says to a pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes. , "Sho nuff."

Seymor states, "Am officially scribing this now"

Temi claims, "Okay, Seymor, thanks! That was next plan of action."

Seymor says OOCly, "Or i mean logging it"

OOC channel is now OFF.

A tiny, flimsy woman is moving the jaws of a leathery green crocodile doll with a crooked-tooth smile, "Chomp Chomp!"

Visnet is off.

Emmeline claims, "Cute extra on the doll. Gross, but cute."

Beronica presses her ear against the belly of a leathery green crocodile doll with a crooked-tooth smile. "Why is mine ticking?"

Seymor says, "Should have brought meranda and her lizard doll"

Emmeline states, "It makes me want to play that slalom game where the yeti eats you at the end."

Emmeline grins at Beronica.

Temi claims, "Now, we'll first give staff updates, and then we've got some topics on the general board.. if anyone has any moe topics to add, please let us know and we'll add it on. Kin did want us to wait on.. disguises, I think? To discuss when she can be here."

Seymor nods

A tiny, flimsy woman says, "I would just like to point to /viewtopic.php?f=8&t=679 where organizers for the Golden week can tell us their OOC schedule. "

Temi exclaims, "Excellent, thanks!"

Temi claims, "It looks like there's a general board post too."

Temi says, "So, my update first."

Seymor waits in anticipation

Temi states, "I think I have the basic version of all of the ornamental flower plants done and ready for the plant growing additions whenever that's all coded in."

Temi says, "I set up a few of them in here to add some color."

Seymor frowns "Ah... that would have been great when i had my florist character laela.. "

Temi states, "Well.. I set up all of them in here and it was a bit full, so I reduced it to just a few."

Takta grins at Temi.

Beronica chuckles at Temi.

Victyr says, "That's promising"

Temi says, "So, there will be ornamental flowers available in addition to the herbal concoction ones."

Temi says, "Other than that, I helped Takta with her quest last week."

Seymor muses, "Temi are we by chance allowed to suggestion more ornamental flowers to staff?"

Temi claims, "You're allowed, but I'm not making every ornamental flower there is."

Banion states, "Need fire and ice roses. "

Temi says, "There are two plant creations that are designed to be created and tooled by herbalists using cedit recipes."

Temi says, "Topiaries and manicured flowerbeds. So there's some personalization available."

Seymor states, "Of course not.. that would be quite a bit. Just i still have my coding from the custom flowers i made which was like 4 and felt they may be put to use"

Victyr asks, "We get to make topiaries?"

Temi nods at Victyr.

Seymor states, "That would be awesome"

Takta says, "Gardening was never so fun."

Victyr is so going Jack Nicholson on everyone.

Emmeline grins.

Takta claims, "Just think, the concept of slightly unhinged mad artistic genius topiary artist to a noble: now totally doable."

Temi says, "Okay, let's see.. other than that... I may be moving.. not sure when yet, but I'll let you guys know when and then I'll be scarce a bit."

Beronica says, "Just got to be wary of his clippers."

Victyr will make the maze worse...

Temi asks, "Az, you ready for your update?"

A tiny, flimsy woman trails off, "Aye, the number of possible character concepts in the game just increased exponentially ... ;)"

Azarial states, "I think it;s been bug fixes this week. I don;t remember."

Seymor claims, "Yeah florist was a very hard.. and long process. "

Delilah says, "Fooood"

Delilah has left the game.

Temi nods at Azarial.

Temi queries, "Okay. Takta?

Takta says, "Hokay! So as Temi said already, we quested together last weekend and gave you the sewers, which have been open for about a week. A... large number of fixes were necessary."

Takta states, "I've been taking a breather from big projects, instead trying to clear up a large number of smaller tweaks on my list before I tackle woodworking. Magecraft got quite a few tweaks; now leatherworking is."

Takta says, "Also a couple other things I'm keeping quiet for now til they're more done. ;)"

Takta pontificates, "Look for more fixes in the upcoming week!"
Takta claims to Temi, "Thassit."
Temi nods.

Temi wonders, "Okay, Mady?"

Madyriel nods.

Seymor says, "Yay magecraft.. tweaks that is"

Madyriel says, "Did some cleanup in Brewing and banged out a bunch of stuff on the typoboard this week. Also started working on improvements to the website."

Seymor wonders, "Does the website include the forumn?"

Beronica claims, "It is looking good so far."

Madyriel says, "Not at this time."

Seymor wonders, "Just was curious.. was hoping someone may explain who the heck is the picture at the top or what it is suppose to represent?"

Madyriel says, "But as I said in my announcement post, if anyone wants to contribute guides or offer to help edit/improve/rewrite the ones already there, let me know. I'll award QP for the help."

Seymor nods

Madyriel states to Temi, "And that's all, I think. Unless I'm forgetting something."

Takta claims to Seymor, "Just a random picure, I think."

Madyriel states, "Blog QP went out this week."

Temi nods.

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Seymor then flashes his armor again "Making sure people are awake."

Temi wonders, "So, before topics.. how's RP this week, everybody?"

Victyr claims, "Pretty good"

A tiny, flimsy woman claims, "Getting back into the groove myself."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man states, "Another new character for me, but the one scene I managed today went well. Haha."

A pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes. states, "Fantastic"

Banion states, "Decent"

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I think you need to fix your intro pale Farin lady."

Seymor states, "Well rp has been rather slow this week for me but that is because i just have not been feeling active.. Been pooling skills more than anything"

Noplen claims, "Pretty good."

Temi queries, "Any big concerns or anything?"

Beronica says, "Good so far."
Seymor rubs at his chin "None.. that i can think of."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man trails off, "I am liking the Charalin encampment and surrounding wilderness. Though there is a lot of 'hunting' miscellany about. Hooves, antlers..."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man asks, "Are any of those animal bits useful for crafting?"

Seymor states, "Some animal bits are useful for magecrafting.. not alot. But other forms of crafting i am not sure"

Riley says, "Actually, I have something to bring up."

Takta says, "Some of them have various uses, and more will likely be added as new crafting expands."

Banion claims, "I will ask my single question at the end after the topics if that is alright."
Temi nods at Riley.

Takta states, "Maybe we need a flag for items that can be junked in the wilderness."

Temi says, "Cooking mainly uses the meat rather than specific bits and pieces."

Banion asks, "You mean there isnt hooves stew? "

Banion grins at Temi.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I like that the pieces exist. Even if they are not coded for craft use, gathering the necessary bits to integrate into
costumes is appropriate."

Azarial states, "Hooves would be glue for woodworking if you wanted to be picky"

Temi states, "Sorry. There is just too much that can be done with cooking to do things on a very specific recipe basis."

Beronica states, "Hooves can be used in woodworking. Boil them down to make glue."

Takta states, "I might make a glue recipe just for kicks anyway."

Banion trails off, "And Here I was just joking..."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man states, "As long as it doesn't become a huffing pandemic."

Takta says, "Actually, that's one that's been on my mind before."

Emmeline wonders, "Huffing glue?"

Temi grins.

Takta states to Emmeline, "...sure. *grin*"

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I imagine licking toads would be more common these days."

Beronica nods at a gaunt, weather-worn young man.

Beronica states, "Smoking floleaf as well as hemp and tabac."

Temi claims, "I've definitely got all of those in herbalism."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man questions, "And our opium analog. Temijul?"

Takta claims, "Happy to take suggestions for uses for other animal bits, too."

Temi wonders to Riley, "What did you want to bring up?"

Temi claims, "Yep, temijul is there to."

Azarial claims, "Hoof glue lacks the chemicals that make huffing glue worthwhile."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man says, "I am not the expert huffer."

Seymor whistles calmly as he switches languages at random "Could imagine the fun and havoc that goes on with that.. and i wonder can we lick toads oocly?"

Gaberiel has been transferred in by Takta. [OOC]

Beronica trails off to Takta, "There is always wood resin..."

Azarial claims, "It;s like snorting soup that had a hambone. not that satisfying."

Gaberiel waves.

Temi gives a leathery green crocodile doll with a crooked-tooth smile to Gaberiel.

Seymor waves to Gaberiel then smirks "Colorful words."

Victyr queries, "Snorting soup is satisfying?"

You will now speak Lithmorran.

Riley queries, "I just wanted to ask that is leaving scenes because of lackluster RPXP approved? I usually come on to RP not because of how much XP I get, but because of how amazing the community RPs with each other, but it's happened to me where people would just leave the scene without any explanation. No exit poses, or osay, or naything like that. Maybe I'm just being a bit nitpicky?"

Gaberiel queries, "To impassive What?"

A gaunt, weather-worn young man trails off, "Big Pink. The only gum with pork bones that pinkens your teeth while you chew..."

Riley claims, "And sorry for taking so long, Temi."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I'd rather chew pitch gum."

Azarial claims, "Pitch gum is more likekly in theme."

Seymor claims, "Yeah riley your not being nitpicky.. that bothers the hell out of me as well"

Temi states, "That's okay. I would say that it's probably bad form and note terribly polite, though I don't think it's something that would be to a policy level."

Banion claims to Riley, "I think I know about the one recently that your talking about and wanna apologize for just dipping out."

Temi states, "Occasionally stuff comes up and people have to go, though usually good if you can put in a remark on osay if you can't in character."

Victyr says, "Yeah sometimes it's for ooc reason."

Riley claims, "Yeah Ik now, and I don't want peopel to feel imposed upon by what I meant."

Seymor shudders "Yeah i have had to leave suddenly but ussually to a pose out at least.. if i have the time

Takta says, "If there's somebody who makes a habit of doing it a lot, you may want to direct them to an aide or staffer for a quick chat - not for policy, just for RP help."

Riley states, "It's just that sometimes people just leave a scene when we're getting 'average' XP, and then a few minutes later, I travel somewhere else and see them RPing with someone else, so I was curious."

Seymor looks to Takta and glares "Of course.. create work for me." Tries to stop himself from smirking but fails

Temi states, "We certainly hope that people aren't making their OOC decisions based on rpxp gains."

Takta wonders, "Well, who knows if RPXP is the reason in a case like that?"
Takta nods at Temi.

Takta claims, "I've left scenes to go to other scenes for a hundred different reasons, but not really coldblooded RPXP calculations, myself. *grin*"

Seymor claims, "Yeah i have seen people leave because they say they are not getting rp but when they do get rp they make it unbearable to rp with.."

Victyr states, "I had to do something like that the other day, but it was because I was meeting someone else for rp, but did rp my way out"

Seymor claims, "I remember that victyr.."
Lurks the Forums

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Takta nods at Victyr.

Takta says, "Pre-arranged meetings, or getting a hold of somebody you can rarely catch, or maybe the scene is just not going great for you, etc."
Safir sneezes loudly.

Temi questions, "Do we need to do anything to address it besides just asking people to be respectful and treat their RP partners nicely when they are going on to something else?"

Beronica states, "If I see average for my RPXP gain is average, I usually just try to step it up a notch."

Seymor says, "I think as long as you give a reason and try to pose out it is understable. just leaving the scene.. And i can not think of anything temi for it is one of those things what can you do that will make people do it"

Temi nods.

Riley says, "Yeah, I don't mind when you RP your way out. The incident I'm talking abotu was midscene, the person just left after one of my poses. I've never encountered that with anyone here right now, so I don't want you guys to feel you're doing something wrong. It's very nice RPing with all of you. :)"

Seymor gives Riley a noogy with a pair of gauntlets made from riveted polished steel plates "Wonder if beronica will go all mother bear if i harm you through noogy."
Takta claims to Riley, "I would bet it's a player who just does not quite get the etiquette."

Temi declares, "Okay then! If this becomes endemic, totally let us know and we'll see if we can address it"

Beronica looks to Seymor as a cold calculating smile spreads across her lips.

Seymor shudders as he sees Beronica and shrinks back into his armor "Armor will not save me from her."

Temi queries, "So, the spec updates Kin wanted to discuss, we need her for, since we don't have those specs. But a player wanted to discuss covert guilds?"

Seymor smirks at this topic "I have words on this but will wait to see what it is about."

Temi muses, "Is the requester here? What did you want to discuss?"

Seymor looks around "Requester?... Requester.." can not make a bueller reference to save his life

Banion states, "Just if there was any insight on the changes that were talked about possibly comming down a couple OOC chats ago."

Seymor muses, "What changes?"

Noplen claims to Seymor, "Maybe you should a day off."

Safir has returned from AFK.

Seymor arches his brow to Noplen "Hmm?"

Azarial claims, "I don;t remeber, honestly."

A pale Farin woman with dark hair and eyes. is idle.

Noplen says, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off. *budum kish*"

Seymor says, "Yeah i am scratching my head on what changes were talked about."

Banion says, "Uh trying to find it exactly but it had to do with thiefs housing mages and all that fun stuff."

Temi says, "Yeah, we haven't decided what, if anything, needs to be done with the thieves yet."

Banion nods.

Takta claims, "We are generally thinking about revamping guilds but we're long on generals and short on specifics."

Azarial claims, "I cna set it so that mages cannot join specific guilds."

Azarial claims, "Otherwise, I don;t know much on mages and theives; that;s been mostly ic, iirc."

Gaberiel waves.

Gaberiel begins to descend.

Gaberiel opens the lower door.
Gaberiel leaves down

Takta claims, "When we get stuff decided we'll definitely bring it up."

Banion nods at Takta.

Seymor claims, "The theives seem to be rather quiet lately"

Victyr says, "Honestly, mages being blocked seems like an ic thing, i mean if a mage makes themselves known, that's on them, if a thief harbors them, it's now on both of them."

Takta claims, "Or even like... remotely close to decided. *grin*"

Seymor claims, "Yeah i agree with victyr on this."

Temi states, "The issue has never been mages in the thieves. We're totally okay with them being there as much as in any other guild."

Temi says, "Main concerns are an IC policy of acceptance for the mages."

Temi claims, "And how to handle that is a bit harder than just not allowing any mages in."

Takta nods at Temi.

Noplen states, "I don't think that'd be a good addition. Mages should totally be able to join whatever guild they want. What should more happen is enforcing of what the Thieves do regarding Mages."

Seymor , sighs "I miss the manus... So much plots.. now nothing," sighs in admiration

Safir states, "That's probably half the reason there's so many mages mucking up the thieves."

Takta claims, "Eh, there've always been so many mages mucking up the thieves, no matter how active Manus was."

Seymor queries, "What do you mean by mucking up?"

Victyr says, "I wasn't in it at the time, but from my understanding, naer's way was pretty cool, no mages at all, made people hide it (which is what they should be doing)"

Takta says, "It's been happening like as long as I've been around."

Takta states, "Naer's way should be the default."

Seymor claims, "I was there for the beggining of naer and it was pretty nice. Before that the actual tenebrae was a mage"

Takta claims, "Buuut, we'll see."

Seymor states, "So really big change"

Beth sneezes loudly.

Temi nods.

Temi states, "Yeah, we definitely want to look at it, but any final decisions there will be on Kin"

Seymor counts on fingers and toes "13 or 14 characters and counting.. and coming up on a year of being on this game."

Seymor claims, "I do hope kinaed gets a new fancy phone.. then she can blind us with her fanciness"

Banion laughs.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man is idle.

Temi says, "We do have some plans on stuff with the event Delilah is running, so keep an eye out for that, as soon as we can get her and a healthy amount of people together. But that's not thief-related."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man is no longer idle.

Temi questions, "Someone had something else to discuss after topics? Or any other topics people want to bring up?"

A gaunt, weather-worn young man has returned from AFK.

Victyr states, "I think farin guy had 'one single question at the end' could be wrong"

Seymor states, "Naw.. i am pretty much out of any thought right now.. So i am blank on my end"

Seymor stares off into space

Temi muses to Banion, "You had the question, right?"

Seymor turns to Victyr "I demand a one year anniversary present.. maybe a sacrifice will suffice." Winks

Temi says, "Ahh, a private question."

A gaunt, weather-worn young man states, "Secrets, secrets."

Temi questions, "Okay, no problem. Anyone else have anything they'd like to discuss?"

Banion claims, "Wasnt sure where it should go so I picked there."

Beronica says to Seymor, "Okay We'll sacrifice you."

Victyr high-fives Beronica.

Azarial claims, "...I could use a few more pages in my book."

Seymor states, "Yay! And azarial you and me both.. you and me both"

Azarial states to Seymor, "Any scars i should be aware of? it makes it harder to write."

Seymor claims, "Well seymor's face scar and his whole bloody back is filled with scars from whippings.."

Azarial gets a bag of dolls from pico, a text editor.

Azarial gets a dusty leather tome etched with crude symbols from pico, a text editor.

Victyr muses, "Oh hey, about books, do they have to be pages and pages of text, or can they be collections of stuff, designs and whatnot?"

Azarial puts a bag of dolls in pico, a text editor.

Azarial looks at a dusty leather tome etched with crude symbols in her hands.

Takta says, "Books can be basically anything, really."

Seymor questions, "Can i looky tome too?"

Azarial holds a dusty leather tome etched with crude symbols in her hand.

A gaunt, weather-worn young man claims, "I would like to see more books. It is always interesting what people add to the fabric of the world."

Azarial looks at a book in her hands.

Temi nods in agreement.

Azarial claims, "Sadly, i need to reformat my book."

The tome opens in Azarial's hands and the face opposing the cover page writhes
and tries to scream soundlessly through tightly sewn lips before stilling
again

Takta says, "Books are a great way to leave a permanent contribution and to get a lot of QP. :D"

A tiny, flimsy woman states, "Reminds me that the "display object to all of room" suggestion is still not in place."

Seymor states, "Well i wrote a book.. "

Beronica wonders, "Is that bad that the coder needs to reformat something?"

Azarial claims, "I do not recall seeing that cross my desk."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Takta trails off to a tiny, flimsy woman, "No idea what stage that one may be in..."

Seymor states, "Just waiting for it to become mainstream.. and yeah i think i went through temi on it azarial"

Azarial says, "Kinda up to my tails in two year old, though, msot days. >_>"

Temi queries, "We probably lost track of it.. is it on the forums?"

Beronica queries, "Oh, that brings up the question about the tool all suggestion. Is it going to be implemented?"

A tiny, flimsy woman queries, "Here: /viewtopic.php?f=13&t=278"

Seymor muses, "I though it was implemented?"

Azarial states, "If it;s not a bug or a mail in my hands, it does not get implemented. some bugs require approval."

Seymor claims, "Could have sworn i saw tool all one day when i logged on.. "

Takta states, "Honestly, Kin's the one who passes stuff on."

Takta states, "So if Az hasn't gotten it from Kin yet, it's not officially in the queue yet, and we can't do squat. *grin*"

Temi states, "I don't think tool all has been done, but haven't seen it passed on to the bug board from her either."

Takta nods at Temi.

Seymor looks at his non-existant watch "Dang.."

Takta states, "No reason to think tool all WON'T happen, but."

Beronica says to Seymor, "That is finalize all that you are thinking about."

Temi muses, "Do people have topics they want to discuss for the remaining potential half-hour or do we want to go ahead and call it good, and get you all back to RP?"

Azarial queries, "Oh, it runs an hour and a half now?"

Seymor states, "Oh yeah.. your right beronica that is the one"

Temi claims, "Yeah, that was a vote a couple weeks ago, I think."

Temi says, "But I don't think we need it today."

Seymor says, "I thought it was last week"

A tiny, flimsy woman begins to descend.

A tiny, flimsy woman leaves down in a flurry of colourful cloth and bells

Temi says, "Last week we stopped at an hour to do the quest"

Temi states, "Okay. Let's send folks back then."
Lurks the Forums

• Information