Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Argider

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:55 am

Kinaed claims, "Okay, today's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Staff Topics
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Kinaed queries, "Anyone have anything they want to make sure we discuss this week?"

Kinaed says, "Okay, if no one has anything to add, I'll kick off staff updates."

Kinaed has created the Places Spec[20].

Shaylei de Roldan has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Shaylei de Roldan some coins.

Kinaed drops the following:
(19)the Places Spec

Maxwell Wattkil says, "Gimme."

Beronica Destral gets the Places Spec.

Beronica Destral studies the Places Spec.

Maxwell Wattkil gets the Places Spec.

Arynon von Eclen gets the Places Spec.

Beronica Destral looks at a book in her hands.

Kinaed claims, "Staff, this has been updated, please get rid of any old ones before grabbing it."

Azarial dones;t hvae on

Kinaed smiles at Azarial.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair gets the Places Spec.

Cardinal Olivia Calix gets the Places Spec.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Go ahead and grab 'er."

Maxwell Wattkil studies the Places Spec.

Maxwell Wattkil looks at a book in his hands.

Cardinal Olivia Calix studies the Places Spec.

Arynon von Eclen studies the Places Spec.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair studies the Places Spec.

Cardinal Olivia Calix looks at a book in her hands.

Maxwell Wattkil looks at a book in his hands.

Cardinal Olivia Calix looks at a book in her hands.

Shaylei de Roldan gets the Places Spec.

Shaylei de Roldan looks at a book in her hands.

Arynon von Eclen studies the Places Spec.

Shaylei de Roldan looks at a book in her hands.

Takta gets the Places Spec.

Takta studies the Places Spec.

Takta looks at a book in his hands.

Kinaed claims, "This week, I progressed that. I was hoping to have it done this week, but it's not. I think Nayiv caught a big oversight last week, so that's been repaired, and I've added some of the players' ideas to eavesdropping."

Takta looks at a book in his hands.

Temi gets the Places Spec.

Temi looks at a book in her hands.

Temi looks at a book in her hands.

Takta questions, "So only the person who is being eavesdropped on might catch an eavesdropper?"

Beronica Destral looks at a book in her hands.

Azarial states, "I'll wait for the finalized copy."

Safir Mara'aye has lost link.

Kinaed claims, "I've also spent a lot of time cleaning up the bug board, going through and finding fixed bugs that never got removed, a few duplicate bugs where multiple people reported them, etc, and some that are depreciated because circumstances had changed (fix Atmospheric Vortex, for example, after we removed the spell)."

Safir Mara'aye has reconnected.

Kinaed says, "I don't think I did anything else. Next week, I intend to finish that spec and continue to support staff in their roles. I'll also be starting a new paradigm for guilds."

Seymor ab Sinclair has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Seymor ab Sinclair some coins.

Safir Mara'aye begins to count their money.

[Action: Seymor ab Sinclair sits and listens attentatively with wide eyes]

Arynon von Eclen throws a pepper bomb at Seymor ab Sinclair's open wide eyes.

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's all for me. Azarial, you're up."

Shaylei de Roldan drops the Places Spec.

Azarial says, "Mmm. working down the bug list mostly. added a few odds and ends to clear them off of my desktop."

Azarial states, "Fixed the crash bug; I tend to jump when those international calls come in."

Shaylei de Roldan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Takta grins.

Kinaed blushes.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Thanks for your speed in response."

Beronica Destral says, "Yeah, the game has been down for most of the day."

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, apparently it crashed around 1am my time... I was asleep."

Azarial has to sponge internet from about twenty minutes away.

Kinaed claims, "We've given Temi the updated passwords, so now Temi, Az and I are all capable of getting it up."

Temi nods.

Kinaed says, "Temi's far more available than either Az or I."

Temi says, "We all have pretty different schedules, so hopefully there's not any long time periods. I had the instructions for how to do it, but not the most up to date passwords"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states to Temi, "Sorry, that was an oversight."

Temi claims to Kinaed, "Mine.. You said to ceck if they were the ones that work and I didn't."

Temi blushes too.

Kinaed grins.

Azarial wonders, "Reeves try their new toy?"

Temi claims, "Not yet, I don't think."

Kinaed muses to Azarial, "Not yet. Hanging is added to the game, I hear?"
Azarial nods.

Seymor ab Sinclair arches a brow "New toy? Oh fun."

Azarial claims, "I'd like to know the responses from the crowd as it goes."

Kinaed grins at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Okay, Temi, you're up."

Temi claims, "Okay! Not quite as productive this week on herbalism."

Beronica Destral pouts a little.

Takta claims, "(she says as if her previous weeks were not INSANELY productive)"

Temi claims, "I'm working on ornamental plants now, and have a good list of them and working on all their descriptions. If anyone knows a lot about flowers and wants to help, I'd be glad to farm some of that out."

Temi grins.

Temi says, "Just after last meeting I think we updated herbalism to be the new concoct command"

Seymor ab Sinclair is as blind in the field of herbalism as a (insert witty reference)

Kinaed states, "I think Temi is getting to the pointy end where she's bottlenecked waiting on code backing. For the record, beyond bugs, Herbalism is Az's #1 priority at the moment."

Temi claims, "So.. it will be concoct, once it's released, and you can use that to peek on what's there."

Temi grins.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Yeah, getting there pretty soon."

Temi claims, "However, this week I did spend some time helping Takta prepare for the quest tonight"

Azarial did too.

Arynon von Eclen starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi states, "And I'll be taking care of one group of folks, so we can split you up."

Temi states, "And that's my week."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thank you so much for herbalism, Temi. It looks great, what I've seen of it, and I can tell a lot of people are excited."

Kinaed states to Takta, "Okay, gorgeous, you're up."

Takta preens. Sniffs self. Shudders.

Takta exclaims, "Okay!"

Beronica Destral questions, "Is it wrong that I can make poison right from the get go?"

Temi states, "Nope."

Takta says, "The sewers... are done, and will be going 100% live after the quest tonight."

Kinaed states to Beronica Destral, "Not if your skill is high enough, and you can get the ingredients, etc."

Safir Mara'aye has lost link.
Safir Mara'aye has reconnected.

Takta claims, "The quest tonight will kick off immediately after the OOC meeting. It will be open to everybody, and as Temi said, we've explicitly considered player feedback to create two different 'routes' - so 1) the room won't be absolutely full of people, hopefully, and 2) both combatant and non-combatant PCs can play."

Seymor ab Sinclair makes a note to himself "Do not make beronica angry.. She will poison my arse."

Beronica Destral rubs her hands together slowly while a low cackle comes from her.

Arynon von Eclen finishes his note.

Takta says, "I hope to see most of y'all there. :D"

Maxwell Wattkil says, "Aw yeah."

Kinaed smiles.

Takta claims, "So that's all I've been doing, finishing the sewers and quest-prepping. For the nextw eek or so after this, I'm going to focus on various tiny tasks."

Takta claims, "Catch-up work, and then, woodworking revision."

Takta exclaims, "That's it for me!"

Kinaed claims, "Poor Takta keeps getting things piled on by me."

Kinaed states to Madyriel, "You're up. :)"

Madyriel nods.

Seymor ab Sinclair states, "Takta is just amazing"

Kinaed nods at Seymor ab Sinclair.

Seymor ab Sinclair says, "Simple as that"

Arynon von Eclen says to Kinaed, "You need to hire another Imm, their only job is to be a punching bag *sage nod*"

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair states to Arynon von Eclen, "It's called the "Policy" role."

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair nods sagely.

Kinaed was gonna say.

Takta snerks.

Kinaed claims, "And I do help files too."

Madyriel says, "Finished Blacksmithing. HUZZAH! Surprisingly very few fixes so far, which either means I did an okay job of it or it means not enough people are testing the new system yet."

Madyriel grins.

Kinaed is menial labor.

Takta cheers loudly for Mady!

Kinaed cheers and claps for Madyriel.

Takta states, "Y'all don't even KNOW how many hours of work she's talking. ;)"

Temi states, "Seriously nice work on her stuff."

Temi nods.

Arynon von Eclen queries, "Eleventy billion?"

Madyriel says, "I decompressed this week by giving the Bear and the Boar a facelift just for fun, and my next major project is updating and improving the TI website."

Kinaed claims, "I'm gonna be so relieved to have the website fixed up."

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair queries to Madyriel, "Took up some work for fun while you worked, huh?"

Seymor ab Sinclair tries not look madyriel in the eyes "Yay. Some of the taverns needed facelifts."

Madyriel states, "Also got some spell messaging updates to work on and, as usual, handing out QP for blog activity."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls some coins.

Kinaed points at the Places Spec.

Seymor ab Sinclair grumbles "Bloggitty.. blog... blogitty."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls waves.

Madyriel states to Kinaed, "And I think that's it."

Seymor ab Sinclair says, "Never bloggity update it"

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that wraps up staff updates."

Kinaed states, "I don't have any staff topics."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls wonders, "Anything big that I missed?"

Arynon von Eclen turns to Norm with the weather.

Takta claims to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Staff updates, mostly, on what we've been up to."

Azarial muses, "...there;s someone normal here?"

Kinaed says to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Um... don't think so? Just mostly the things people expect."

Maxwell Wattkil states, "Death to all Normies."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says, "Otayyy. "

Arynon von Eclen claims to Azarial, "Rofl No, definitely not"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Player Heartbeat. Folks, how's RP been this last week?"

Azarial says, "I figured that we selected for the more intellectual types, given the amount of typing and reading."

Arynon von Eclen states to Kinaed, "Interesting and fun and funny"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "Fun. Sad. Horrifying. More fun. "

Takta grins.

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls trails off, "Almost called a certain noble a Son of a Mage....... "

Beronica Destral claims, "It has been pretty good."

Arynon von Eclen trails off to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Yeah sorry about the pig incident...."

Kinaed asks, "Great to hear. Anything we can do to support you guys?"

Maxwell Wattkil says, "I'm not batman. :("

Takta says, "I was going to say I've been RPing less because of the sewers but... honestly not so true."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls raises his brow to Arynon von Eclen?

Lloyd le Tarrow is idle.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair exclaims to Takta, "Get your mind out of the gutter!"

Kinaed claims, "I suppose I need to tell people that I'm starting a new job Oct 14th, and am likely to go pretty silent."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims to Kinaed, "Drop QP cost on RPA"

Arynon von Eclen looks to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, " Oh, uh, haven't gotten yet? K then a pre-emptive sorry..."

Takta claims to a gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair, "Now I finally CAN."

Seymor ab Sinclair falls on his back and laughs maniacly "It has been great.. If only people could know how great." Winks to Temi

Azarial Gibbs slaps Maxwell Wattkil for sleeping on the 'enter' key.

Kinaed states, "Not sure what the job will be like or how it'll play with my personal life balance yet."

Takta lols

Maxwell Wattkil says, "...Sorry, Azzy. :("

Maxwell Wattkil asks, "Was it my fault?"

Azarial says, "It ate al fo the RAM on the server."

Takta muses, "I admit I laughed when we figured out it actually -was- you. I had been like "Sleeping on the enter key, how could that have crashed us?""

Safir Mara'aye states, "Should have had a wield-able enter key as the meeting item. "

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says to Safir Mara'aye, "YES"

Kinaed says, "Gah, we missed the opportunity. Not very IC for people to be walking around with, though. :)"

Takta claims, "Abandon all hope ye who Enter here"

Beronica Destral states, "So what is going on with the guilds? I did get a bit upset when I found that I will have to drop the Merchants."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, if Player Heartbeat is done..."

Azarial usualy limits herself to edibles that are gruesome.

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls nods to Beronica Destral

Lloyd le Tarrow is no longer idle.
Lloyd le Tarrow has returned from AFK.

Kinaed queries, "Player Topics. Any questions, thoughts, ideas, things you all wish to discuss?"

Seymor ab Sinclair trails off, "Ah yes... i was waiting for the topic to be brought up"

Azarial will suggest a cookie person on a string after the first hanging.

Kinaed claims, "Ahh, what's going on with guilds."

Maxwell Wattkil says, "I need to hang someone."

Kinaed says, "Well, we're merging the Knights and Order. Probably should get Olivia and Lloyd together to handle that."

Maxwell Wattkil muses, "Who wants to be hung? :D"

Cardinal Olivia Calix claims, "If I were a man."

Maxwell Wattkil says, "...Oh crap."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "I already am Maxwell ;)"

Maxwell Wattkil asks, "You're FUSING the Knights and Order?"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls burst into giggles.

Kinaed nods at Maxwell Wattkil.

Takta states, "The Knights already largely only act on the Order's say-so."

Maxwell Wattkil slaps a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls around a little.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair states to Takta, "In theory."

Kinaed claims, "I'm looking at rewriting guild code."

Takta states to a gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair, "Well, yes. But hopefully now even more so in practice. *cough*"

Seymor ab Sinclair rolls eyes "Has this not happened in the past? And what did we learn from the past merging?"

Cardinal Olivia Calix grins at a gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair.

Arynon von Eclen states, "That's right, *goes around looking for volunteers to pyre* the fact that he probably still can't icly is irrelevant"

Azarial says, "With their powers combined, they are knordites. kinda like dyslexic vikings."

Takta claims to Seymor ab Sinclair, "Look, every combo of guilds has been tried at some point,. The Knights and Reeves were even combined once."

Kinaed claims, "To go with Gavin's idea of allowing anyone to guild, instead of sponsorships, we're pondering reversing that to invitations, which anyone can give out, but we're not sure if that'll be a valuable change."

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair grins at Azarial.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair wonders to Azarial, "Orights?"

Takta says, "What works at any given time is dependent on a lot of contextual factors. TI:L isn't the same game as TI:2 or Old TI."

Kinaed says, "I am pondering a rewrite of guildcode, which will happen, but I'm not crystalized on what it will look like."

Seymor ab Sinclair cringes at the thought "Knights and reeve.. oh the pain.. i could only imagine

Beronica Destral queries, "Is that why you are having GL's drop their second guild?""

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says, "I say throw guilds out. "

Azarial states, "One idea would be letting GLs set the rank string directly on a person, rather than having to continually have staff edit them."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "YES"

Azarial states, "Guilds are useful in limiting the widespread adoption of ooc skills."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "I agreee with Az"

Kinaed says, "GLs are dropping their second guild because we think the divided loyalties and lack of focused RP at highest echelons is a problem."

Kinaed states, "In general, the staff are against mass dual guilding, but there's not enough support for axing dual guilding across the pbase, so that's not happening."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "Why not just make them a limited position in the second guild. Lei had a job all set out for me. "

Takta states, "Yeah, something's wrong if a GL doesn't have enough to do in their primary guild."

Kinaed says, "Because we don't want to put crutches in to allow something we're firmly against."

Maxwell Wattkil says, "...Yeah. I don't want Gabe kicked out of the Reeves guild, but he should be holding an inconsiquential position because he's a GL."

Takta claims to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Even a limited position takes time away from that primary GL responsibility."

Kinaed states, "Any dual guilding in GL roles is something the staff are utterly against."

Seymor ab Sinclair muses, "So wait.. If i'm in the order does that mean one could learn the skill sword? And on similar subject.. does that mean the order/knights will still have 4 gls at that point?"

Lloyd le Tarrow claims, "No."

Lloyd le Tarrow says, "Two GLs are being cut."

Beronica Destral states, "Oh, then there goes my thought of spending QP to be able to dual guild."

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair glances at Cardinal Olivia Calix.

Arynon von Eclen wonders, "Overall I'm for the no dueling if you're a GL (on that toon) but um (and I'm totally biased here) would court members be able to be GL's elsewhere?"

Kinaed claims, "It'll reduce to 2 GLs. Yes, Orderites can learn sword skill, but it'd probably still be viewed as poor for non-knights to wield swords."

Kinaed says, "Being in the Order does not make one a knight."

Kinaed claims, "Court members are also going to have to take the no dual GL hit."

Temi says, "We're planning to help facilitate discussions between the current GLs whenever you guys are ready to do so."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Can just bring you four up here to chat or whatever."

Arynon von Eclen claims, "Hmmm, well that sucks :/"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "This will make less people wanna GL"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "A lot les.. "

Kinaed says, "We'll live with it."

Takta says, "And other things might change to make more people want to."

Temi states, "Part of what we want is for people who are GLs to really want to do GLing, not just being willing to take it up."

Takta says, "(No specifics provided because none exist yet)"

Takta nods at Temi.

Seymor ab Sinclair states, "Which is a pretty asinine thing to say kinaed sine staff can not even be guild leaders"

Joudan von Urath has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Joudan von Urath some coins.

Joudan von Urath questions, "I late?"

Kinaed points at the Places Spec.

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair drops the Places Spec.

Temi states, "Yes, we were just discussing the Guilds and GL stuff."

Kinaed gets the Places Spec.

Kinaed studies the Places Spec.

Kinaed eats the Places Spec.

Beronica Destral states, "It just right now I feel like I am being punished for working my way up in both guilds for no reason beyond the imms not liking a leader belonging to two guilds."

Takta states to Beronica Destral, "It's not meant to be a punishment. GLing is a serious responsibility that requires devotion, and having any kind of duty in a 2nd guild cuts into the time available for it. "

Kinaed states, "I'm sorry, Beronica, it's definitely not intended to punish you."

Kinaed says to Beronica Destral, "But we feel it does need to happen."

Beronica Destral sighs softly and nods.

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls pats Beronica Destral on the back.

Seymor ab Sinclair watches the morale of the day suddenly plummet

Maxwell Wattkil states, "...I personally don't like this change."

Kinaed states, "I'm sure the pbase is reasonably divided over the issue. There are some people who support it fully, some who dont' care, and some who are dead set against it. We can't please everyone."

Takta claims, "The survey suggests that overall, people feel GLs need to be doing more to actively create RP in their guilds."

Kinaed claims, "I've had 2 players come out and show support."

Takta claims, "That's tough to do when you're also balancing work in a second guild."

Kinaed claims, "I've had a multitude of GLs who are dual guilding come out against it."

Kinaed states, "100% of staff support it. It's not an easy issue, but we believe it's in the game's best interest."

Azarial questions, "What is the perceieved loss for the dual GLs?"

Seymor ab Sinclair states, "Well yeah because it does not affect staff one bit"

Kinaed states, "It's not just a matter of what we like, it's a matter of what we think is best for TI as a game. "

Lloyd le Tarrow claims, "I don't mind it. I can see why it's necessary. It wouldn't make sense for me to be GL of the Knights and then be an active part of the, say... Troubadours."

Azarial wonders, "Skills? status? inffleunmce?"

Temi states, "If you want to add some new aspects to your guild mission that do totally make sense and you can include it, we can definitely discuss that."

Elizabethany op le Marke claims to Lloyd le Tarrow, "Not that you as a troubadour wouldn't be adorable."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls queries, "People think that GL's need to make more RP for their Guilds? "

Takta claims to Seymor ab Sinclair, "We -are- aware of how it affects others, even if we can't GL ourselves."

Takta states, "But it's difficult to deny there are problems with the guild system, and this is one step we think is necessary to fix them, even if it hurts."

Kinaed claims to Seymor ab Sinclair, "Having to manage and respond to a divided pbase is definitely a huge negative for staff, so I think it's a misstatement that it doesn't affect staff one bit. We like our work and decisions to get overall approval and be harmonious. It's just not always possible."

Safir Mara'aye states, "Look, just cause you don't like, it doesn't mean you have to be nasty to staff or say people's ideas or asinine. Staff work hard on the game. They realize it's not popular with the people it'll affect. You'll be more persuasive if you're polite about it. "

Takta states to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "On the survey, the average rating was noticeably below adequate in terms of how GLs do in terms of going beyond fulfilling basic requirements."

Beronica Destral says, "I have my character's skill in woodworking being a bit of a hobby more than her job, so with me having to drop Merchants I will not be able to work on her woodworking skill nor be effective with her crafting of items when I find a mistake and have to retool."

Temi says, "Continuing to do woodworking as a hobby is perfectly acceptable - and with that it's not completely on a professional level. And we don't plan to limit Physicians' use of the herbalism system at all."

Safir Mara'aye wonders, "Should you get the merchants tooling bonus if it's just a hobby and a side aspect of your character and not actually her career?"

Seymor ab Sinclair has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair states to Safir Mara'aye, "Yeah, was going to say that seems like the definitive reason behind guildskills existing.."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls questions, "Then what do people expect of a GL. A list of clear, specific duties we are expected to fill?"

Takta declaims to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Funny you should ask! *grin*"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls facepalms.

Cardinal Olivia Calix states, "As long as I've been playing here, I've always felt that TI:L has a pretty strong "try it and see" attitude. So for whatever that's worth, I'm content to try it and see."

Lloyd le Tarrow states, "There's a help file for that, I believe."

Takta states, "We staffers are going to be working on elucidating some stuff about each guild very openly and clearly."

Cardinal Olivia Calix nods in agreement with Lloyd le Tarrow.

Kinaed states, "Help policy guildleaders."

Azarial ponders a skill tree system that self limits skill advancement based on prio skills accumulated.

Kinaed trails off, "Very first line reads: "Guildleaders are expected to...""

Takta states, "Its IC mission, its OOC purpose, and activities that people in the guild and the guild itself should be thinking about."

Cardinal Olivia Calix asks of Takta, "Will the various GLs be in on that?"

Takta states to Cardinal Olivia Calix, "Yup, after initial first drafting."

Cardinal Olivia Calix claims, "Sweet."

Kinaed says, "Sorry, my kid is crawling up my leg."

Takta grins.

Takta claims, "Geez, -children-."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "So you are saying we are fairly limited to that list. "

Beronica Destral chuckles at Kinaed. "My kid is gone until tomorrow night, so I have the house to myself.

Takta says, "Anyway, all of these thoughts are in service of more active guilds out there creating RP for all their players."

Kinaed queries, "Farily limited to what list?"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "Help policy guildleaders"

Azarial left the heir with the other parent.

Kinaed muses, "Limited how?"

Joudan von Urath drops a large amount of silver coins into a fine vermilion silk sash embroidered with the Urath crest.

Beronica Destral states to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Those are just lists of expectations."

Beronica Destral says, "In no way are we limited to those."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls queries, "Well, you are removing the ablity to dual guild, as a GL because you want GL's to fullfil that list, correct?"

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair asks of a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Are you asking if you're not allowed to RP stuff that's not in that helpfile?"

Kinaed states, "Still not sure where you're going with that."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "To gaunt No"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls claims, "Oops"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says, "Idk what I am saying, just forget it. "

Lei Varick has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Takta states, "We just want GLs to be able to devote full attention to their guilds."

Kinaed gives Lei Varick some coins.

Takta claims, "Without other guilds having a claim on their time and energy."

Madyriel states to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "That list is a baseline of expectations. It's not meant to be limiting."

Temi states, "And if we need to do more to empower you to do that, totally let us know."

Maxwell Wattkil hugs Lei Varick.

Azarial claims, "It is the bottom of the expectation, not the top."

Lei Varick hugs Maxwell Wattkil.

Kinaed says, "It's actually supposed to clarify to players that, on top of regular RP, guildleaders have authority to do a slew of sweeping things with respect to their guilds."

Temi says, "We don't want it to be a burden, we want it to be rewarding and result in a great guild you're proud of."

Beronica Destral points to Maxwell Wattkil and Lei Varick. "You two just need to get married and have kiddies.

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Takta states, "Huge, terrifying children."

Kinaed gives a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes some coins.

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes studies the Places Spec.

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes studies the Places Spec.

Madyriel claims, "I also don't think we're saying that guildleaders need to do all the work of creating RP for their guilds, either. RP like that is a group effort."

Arynon von Eclen pontificates to Beronica Destral, "We're not ready for Ragnarok! Don't say that!"

Takta nods.

Takta says, "Yeah, my bad if I'm implying it's ALL on the GLs' shoulders."

A dark blonde man with slate grey eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes waves hello.
Kinaed gives a dark blonde man with slate grey eyes some coins.

Kinaed claims, "We have another 10 minutes before the chat hour wraps up, btw. :)"

Kinaed says, "I'd like to wrap up on time just for the purposes of facilitating Takta's quest."

Temi states, "We're just trying to refocus and really get down to the heart of what makes guilds tick and how we can make that a good experience."

Banion de Terez has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Banion de Terez some coins.

Banion de Terez says, "Lots of people."

Takta states, "Well, I'm not sure what's left to say unless people wanna talk about guild reforms more generally or other topics."

Kinaed claims, "We're just chatting OOCly about the game, but we have a quest running right after."

Kinaed says, "Takta is opening a new zone and using the quest to introduce it."

Temi nods in agreement.

Beronica Destral claims, "Guess I need to get with my guildies and find out what we can do to expand the guild before it is reduced."

Kinaed states, "Oh, a few things to discuss quickly that popped into my mind."

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes says, "Is it going to be in the cards to have helps for the duchies and counties again? I seem to remember way, way back that there were help files on who ran the regions, what they produced, etc."

Takta asks of Beronica Destral, "I personally like the thought of merging you with the merchants... then you don't have to worry about your dual guilds, huh? ;)"

Cambrea tells you, "Hey!"

Kinaed questions, "I've been told that players, esp guildleaders, seem to feel obligated to sponsor/accept seekers because the new player is seeking the role. Someone said to me that there was "peer pressure to be nice" or something?"

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states to Lei Varick, "Deguild me. "

Kinaed states, "Anyway, from the staff perspective, there's no pressure to guild anyone. There's no right to join a guild just because someone wants to. What we do want, and DO pressure, is for someone to get back to and respond to a seeker."

Joudan von Urath claims, "I'd actually prefer just to be not a guildleader in the physicians anymore"

Kinaed claims, "It's more about being responsive than what the response is."

Joudan von Urath states, "Merchants is my entire RP standpoint."

Kinaed nods at Joudan von Urath.

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes says, "I always assumed it was up to the GL to decide if the character was a good fit, though it would freak people out if it ruined their character idea."

Kinaed claims, "How dual GL folks decide to deal with the whole bit is up to them."

Takta says to Joudan von Urath, "That's an acceptable choice."

Kinaed nods at a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes.

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls facepalms, I jsut deguilded him

Kinaed states to a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes, "That's the way it is."

Lei Varick claims to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "Erm. you gotta bug nay about that. I passed her the buck, ICly."

Takta states to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "We can reguild if need be."

Kinaed claims to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "We can fix it."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "Please"

Takta claims, "Done"

Lei Varick states, ":3"

Kinaed states, "The other thing is that I've had a GL tell me they're going to demote people who are N's in their activity list until they're at the bottom rank, then intend to deguild them."

Kinaed says, "We support that measure or any other measure. GLs have a right to deguild people for any reason they see fit."

Joudan von Urath asks, "De-GL me?"

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes says, "Which can be hard. I have been scratching my head over how to play a person with experience in merchant and artisan areas without having prior ties to the local guild."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls states, "Oh, yeah if you have merchant alts, and don't play them, they gettin' they asses booted out the door. Reseek when you can keep them active"

Beronica Destral asks of Joudan von Urath, "What was your rank before hand?"

Cardinal Olivia Calix claims, "I suppose I feel pressured to give people a chance as a GL, but I've got low level ranks that are handy as trial period slots."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says, "I am even deguilding one of my alts in the merchants because he isn't active"

Kinaed states to a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes, "You don't need to explain your skills, just your profession. IE, if you go around selling stuff, you'd probably have run afoul of the merchants. THey can't detect your skills by looking at you or anything."

Takta grins at a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls.

Temi looks at an Herbalism Spec in her hands.

Arynon von Eclen says to a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes, "It's easy, you were part of the guild in the other area, and came to the center of the known world to expand your knowledge in the craft"

Takta states to a caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls, "I approve."

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls muses to Takta, "ORLY?"

Lloyd le Tarrow claims, "The Knights have been on and off with members coming back after a long while. I usually just let them stay because I'm unsure if they gave an IC reason for their absence since I'm still relatively new here."

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes says, "True enough. But I always figured the Lithmorran guild was like the East India Company. They were everywhere and had a hand in everything."

Cardinal Olivia Calix nods at Lloyd le Tarrow.

Kinaed claims, "Five minutes for OOC Chat to wind down."

A dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes states, "Government subsidized trade growth and manipulation."

Takta states, "Usually I just assume guilds have a different chapter in each duchy."

Temi looks at an Herbalism Spec in her hands.

Cardinal Olivia Calix states, "Frankly, it can be (or was) such a pain in the butt sometimes to get the right people around at the right times for guilding that it's often easier to let people stay in, and work their way back into the guild's good graces."

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair nods in agreement with Takta.

A caramel-skinned man with defined flaxen curls says, "I am not deguilding people just for being codewise inactive either. If you are part of the Merchants, but don't act as it, I am booting you as well. Jsut saying. "

Arynon von Eclen claims to a dark-haired man with slightly canted eyes, "I look at it like this, every other duchy/county/etc is a minor corp, and everyone is trying to get into the big 'lithmorran' corp, you finally made the move"

A gaunt-featured man with ash blond hair says, "Even if the same merchant guild ran two cities, distance means more here than IRL so they would probably still do things differently enough."

Cardinal Olivia Calix says, "I'm all for anyone in a guild taking on certain responsibility and I've never thought it should only be the GL who has minimum expectations."

Cardinal Olivia Calix claims, "But I also want to have fun on a game, not just work. :)"

Takta nods at Cardinal Olivia Calix.

Cardinal Olivia Calix says, "So, somewhere in between those extremes is where I try to aim."

Arynon von Eclen wonders, "May I be transed? I need to go afk for a few"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, OOC Chat is almost over. Anything else anyone wants to say?"

Takta says, "If you're around and in a guild you're not doing anything in... that's problematic."

Arynon von Eclen has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Okay, thank you everyone for attending."

• Information