Log of OOC Meeting 09/07/2013

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Inertia

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Kinaed gives you a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace.

You examine a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace.
A circle containing a star with one, longer leg pointing east, hangs
from a leather thong. Each point of the star has a tiny dot of paint,
representing each of the elements, with the longest arm being painted with
water's blue.

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, it's start time. Yay!"

Temi declaims, "Yay!"

Kinaed has awarded you 1 QP: On time arrival to the OOC Chat.

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for coming, everyone. :) I love the smaller ones, they're more intimate."

Loreth Radford eyebrow waggles.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair questions, "That's not a crack about my height, now, is it? :)"

Kinaed states, "Today's agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Staff Topics
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics"

Beronica Wright says to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Hey, I'm the same height. at least in game."

Kinaed wiggles her eyebrows at a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, sending her horn twitching.

Kinaed muses, "Are there any topics people want to make sure are spoken about today?"

Kinaed declares, "Feels like a no, so... staff updates!"

Beronica Wright feels like she should strip down and join in on the nakedness.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair actually has no accessible clothing at present.

Kinaed states, "Last week I didn't do much - I clocked a full 6 hours over the entire week. What I *did* do was pop in to discuss with staff how to roll out cnotes to try to keep it somewhat orderly."

Temi grins.

Safir wears an open-sided tunic, front held closed by carved ivory togs on her torso.

Safir claims, "Speaking of clothing, should probably have mine on."

Kinaed claims, "I prioritized staff stuff as follows:

- Herbs & poisions code
- Places code."

Kinaed states, "This week, I'll be writing up the spec for places code."

Kinaed holds up the Places Spec.

Kinaed muses, "That's all for me. Temi?"

Temi grins.

Temi says, "Well, I am the one working hard on herbs and poisons."

Madyriel smiles at Temi.

Temi says, "I've now got the little 'herb blurbs' done on the crafting recipes for all the medicines and recreational herbs, and started on poisons."

Maxwell has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Maxwell states, "...Hi."

Maxwell claims to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "...O-oh. Hi."

A slight, narrow-featured adolescent has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace to a slight, narrow-featured adolescent.

Temi claims, "So I was just saying, I've been doing the little lore blurbs for all the herbal concoctions."

Kinaed gives a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace to Maxwell.

Temi states, "Making good progress and hopefully should finish those up tomorrowish,"

Maxwell trails off, "...How am I gonna explain -dis- IC..."

Loreth Radford states to Maxwell, "Pretty easily, actually... It's an Order symbol."

Kinaed claims to Maxwell, "The charm? It's a Davite symbol to ward off demons. :P"

Madyriel grins.

Maxwell says, "Awesome."

Kinaed says, "In honor of our recent exorcism."

Kinaed claims, "You can find it in the church."

Temi claims, "After that, I've got probably a week or two more of stuff that I can keep working on before I need the updates from Az."

Madyriel claims to Maxwell, "You'll find one in the Cathedral, as well."

Maxwell claims, "Cool. I sure do love killing demons."

Temi states, "But he's started working on that, so we'll see when I can start throwing that all in too."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "And that's pretty much been my week outside of RPA help."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Madyriel cheers for Temi!

Kinaed says to Temi, "Awesome, Temi. :)"

Beronica Wright questions, "So about 1 more month until herbalism is live?"

Kinaed claims, "Er, Takta, you're up."

Kinaed mischanneled that in a tell.

Takta exclaims, "Okay!"

Kinaed says to Beronica Wright, "Depends on Az, but it should be live soon, yes."

Temi nods.

Takta says, "I don't have much, sadly. I've been working on the sewers and still trying to decide my Sept. quest. Right now I'm tentatively hoping I can finish the sewers and run a quest in them in the third or last weekend of Sept."

Temi says, "Yeah, depends on when Az can get what done."

Kinaed moves and finds she's covered in lego horses. blink*

Delilah appears in swirl of fog, thunder sounding throughout the area lightning streaking through the clouds. [OOC]

Kinaed beams at Delilah, "Heya."

Madyriel hugs Delilah.

Delilah hugs Madyriel.

Delilah waves.

Delilah says, "Sorry I'm late. Met the hub for dinner after the benefit for my stepdad."

Takta says, "Anyway, that's really it! Sorry. *grins sheepishly*"

Delilah begins to move east.

Delilah crosses the center of the room.

Delilah comes to a stop.

Kinaed smiles.

Delilah sits on Madyriel.

Kinaed claims to Takta, "No problem, I've heard a lot of progress on the sewers though, so it's moving, I know."

Kinaed states to Madyriel, "You're up. :)"

A pleasant fragrance wafts from Loreth Radford's pipe.

Loreth Radford sits down and rests.

Madyriel squeezes Delilah and says, "I was away for most of this past week, so I've not made much progress on blacksmithing, I'm afraid. At this point, it's just entering in the threads still, which is a little overwhelming but I'll get through it piece by piece. Other than that, I awarded for blog activity today and the rest is the usual, dealing with typoboard stuff and whatnot."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims to Madyriel, "I'd go insane without you and Delilah doing those things."

Takta says, "-Amen- to that."

Takta trails off, "I can only do stuff like the sewers because of not having to handle most typos/requests..."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Delilah laughs. I'm glad to help somewhere when I make it on.

Kinaed claims to Delilah, "You're up. :)"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair snaps her fingertips to warm up the room. "Damn Lithmorrans and what you consider 'warm.' I am going back to my island after this. Hey, Takta had gender reassignment in the last year. I notice these things." She nods, sagely.
a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair appears to be a grandmaster at fire.

Kinaed wonders, "Del, you in there?"

Delilah claims, "Well! As usual still moving stuff irl, so I've been fairly busy with that. Irl sucks away at my time, but I have been working on Phomes and typos. Fixing some crafting strings too. Nothing grand."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed exclaims, "Sorry!"

Delilah exclaims, "I'm on my phone, sorry! hehe"

Kinaed says, "No problem. Okay, let's see. I think that's all the staff. Next: Staff Topics."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I have three things."

Kinaed claims, "I'm pondering giving a project to a staff member, probably Delilah, to copy the old IC_Event posts into gnotes for the relavant guilds, if they have one, and archiving the rest."

Kinaed states, "But I'm not sure if that'd be a good or bad thing or worth it, etc."

Kinaed muses, "Any opinions?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm also not sure if staffers should mess with gnotes."

Takta claims, "Hrm."

Loreth Radford says, "I don't like that the IC Event board gets so long, but putting them into gnotes pulls them out of public consumption.. sometimes it's hard enough to know IC history. Dunno what another option is though."

Takta claims, "They're currently posted on the forums as a record you can check."

Takta says, "So that's done periodically."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Temi nods.

Loreth Radford pontificates, "Ah, then nevermind!"

Kinaed states, "I'd have them there too."

Temi states, "Yeah, I've done that previously."

Temi says, "But it tends to be in big spurts."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "That's what she said."

Delilah laughs.

Takta says, "It doesn't seem -awful- to do, except inasmuch as it doesn't encourage the guild to do it themselves."

Olivia nods in agreement with Takta.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "A few guilds have no help files at all."

Kinaed says, "I imagine I'd be public enemy #1 if I asked the guilds to do that :P"

Takta declaims, "So far the Reeves are doing fine! *grin*"

Beronica Wright claims, "If you still keep it up on the forums, then archiving won't be that much of a problem."

Maxwell states, "We're the best guild."

Kinaed claims, "I've asked the Order to record burnings, etc, there."

Maxwell states, "The best. Just sayin'."

Olivia nods at Beronica Wright.

Loreth Radford scuffs his foot sheepishly.

Olivia states, "Yeah, and that was already in the works Kinaed. Just, you know. Surgeries, etc."

Olivia grins.

You stop using a round ring of keys dangling a crudely carved wood chalice.
You hold a neat book with "Cleansing Records" down the crimson spine in your hand.

You stop using a neat book with "Cleansing Records" down the crimson spine.

You hold a round ring of keys dangling a crudely carved wood chalice in your hand.

Beronica Wright says, "Plus I started using them for my RL monthly reviews for my guild members."

Kinaed nods at Beronica Wright.

Kinaed says, "Nice."

Madyriel smiles at Beronica Wright.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "I forget so many commands"

Beronica Wright claims, "Need to finish them up, but I find it a good way for the guildmembers to know what they should work on for their promotions."

Kinaed states to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Gnotes are new, as are cnotes."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair avoids Beronica Wright

Kinaed queries, "Okay, the next question I have on my staff stuff is 'what functionality does cnotes have that gnotes should have'?"

Temi states, "Yeah, good for things you don't mind/would like the whole guild to know."

Madyriel declares, "Eek, excuse me. Gonna go help the newbie with a few things. Please don't mind my absence!"

Takta questions, "Can you do gnote match/gnote list keyword?"

Gravity gives way, and Madyriel falls, flailing, up toward the heavens whence she came. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed queries, "I can ask Az to add that. Anything else?"

Takta states, "That's about all cnotes have gnotes don't. *grin*"

Kinaed says, "I'm imagining that cnotes plays more nicely than gnotes given it was a 2nd generation setup."

Kinaed states to Takta, "Can you typo board that up for me? I'll approve it to Az."

Takta nods.

Takta asks, "Bugboard?"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, that's what I meant."

Takta nods.

Kinaed blushes.

Takta starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Inertia

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Kinaed says, "Okay, next thing. Places code."

Delilah begins to move south.

Kinaed states, "My last quest wasn't as grand as I'd hoped. I'm sorry about that."

Kinaed says, "Following that, I posted this on TMC: http://www.mudconnect.com/SMF/index.php?topic=78147.0"

Kinaed states, "I've been meaning to add Places for a long time, since Qharos had them."

Takta finishes his note.

Kinaed states, "And this thread had some interesting responses that have refined how places might work for us on TI to reduce large scene problems."

Kinaed claims, "I'm specing this up in the coming week, so I'd love to have the opportunity to pick your brains for a good, solid system."

A slight, narrow-featured adolescent is idle.

A towering dark skinned man has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed gives a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace to a towering dark skinned man.

Temi states, "Places code being a way to have sub-groups within a room RPing together without causing the whole room to scroll"

Kinaed muses, "Does everyone know what places are about?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Loreth Radford nods.

Maxwell muses, "...Eh? Places?"

Kinaed states, "Basically, when joined at a place, which would be an object, emotes, etc, would only go to other players joined to the same object unless they choose to broadcast."

A towering dark skinned man wonders, "You mean like what paere has on his mud?"

Takta claims, "Like 'sitting at the same table'."

Kinaed says, "I've never played Paere's MUD, but I have seen places implemented in various RP games."

Mekialoc Ejaich has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A towering dark skinned man states, "Gotcha"

Kinaed claims, "The first time I encountered it was on Outremer, an RP game."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair questions, "What is paere's mud called, anyway?"

Kinaed states, "Haven."

Kinaed states, "I think that's his, at least."

Kinaed states, "TI: Atonement had places as well."

A towering dark skinned man states, "Srry for bringing it up"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "This sounds like a good idea."

A towering dark skinned man declares, "I like it!"

Kinaed claims, "What for? :) It's all good."

Beronica Wright says, "I have seen something similar in a far different game, where such places like a booth or a nook were treated like a completely separate room."

Takta claims, "I'd want it to be simple. And some way to pose things you -want- the whole room to see."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "It was always chaos in a tavern or restaurant when a noble walked in and we all started grovelling and pretending to mean it."

Delilah sees a lot of conspiring at tables.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "You'd need a way to try to eavesdrop"

Kinaed nods at a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair.

Takta wonders, "Size/person limits needed on places?"

Takta wonders, "I.e., how to handle it when 10 people want to sit at the same table?"

Olivia says, "I played somewhere that you had the option to bring extra chairs over, which was nice."

Beronica Wright says, "I would say first come first serve at those times. It would hard to hide the happenings of such a large group to begin with."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair asks, "Like, what if I intentionally sit close to a conversation I want to overhear, but not quite at the same table. Suppose the existing Whisper code could be used to handle how much you hear?"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, so should it default to all emotes and stuff only go to the table, or should people who are joined have special commands?"

Beronica Wright claims, "Default."

Olivia claims, "I would vote for special commands."

Kinaed questions, "Can I ask why to both of you?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "And if you "Watch" a table, you might see their emotes, too."

Olivia claims, "So you have to intentionally speak quietly to your table."

Kinaed says, "I'm planning on adding eavesdropping entirely."

Kinaed states, "Both for this and for just being in another room and listening in on people."

Olivia claims, "That allows you to decide what people overhear easily as you like, plus the element of surprise when you forget to use the command first."

Takta claims, "I think I actually prefer default commands because yeah, I will screw up a lot and find it difficult to learn a new set."

Beronica Wright says, "I suggest default to make it easier to RP, but things like RPecho and RPyell should broadcast to the whole room since you can target yourselves with those."

Temi says, "Rpecho should follow same rules as emote, but rpyell is definitely different."

Kinaed states, "RPyell goes to multiple rooms and neither of those quite work like pose, so I think we'll need new commands either way."

Kinaed says, "It's just whether or not the new commands would cover projecting, or cover keeping things quiet."

Takta states, "I think projecting should be the rare case, and quiet the default."

Kinaed nods.

Beronica Wright states, "I really would not like to have to learn a new set of commands to rp with people at a table."

Takta says, "Just to serve the purpose of reducing spam."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "Yeah, you really want to avoid people accidentally using the wrong commands. In real life, few people accidentally yell when they meant to whisper."

Lloyd le Tarrow has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi claims, "I think they should cover projecting. Helps more in situations where oyu're in a busy party or such."

Temi nods.

Kinaed questions, "Can I get a show of hands for those in favor of emotes being silent when joined to places?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "The default say/emote commands should be local to the attached place. Projected commands can be new."

Delilah has to run. hugs you all n poofs!

Delilah has left the game.

Takta questions, "By emotes being silent, you mean 'default commands only target those at your place'?"

Beronica Wright raises her hand

A towering dark skinned man claims, "I think there should be a special emote for tables."

Kinaed wonders, "And... darn, I did forget, can someone be a secretary here and post the entire log to the forums for today?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A towering dark skinned man claims, "Just because if you wanna emote for everyone to see, Like reaching back and smacking said person."

Olivia says, "I can post the log."

Kinaed says to Olivia, "Thank you. :)"

Safir says OOCly, "Default should be normal. Private or loud should be commands."

Kinaed nods at Safir.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "Instead of silent, what about "emoting" simply letting people know you're gesturing and or speaking. Not what is being said/emoted? A little bit of room ambiance...like the quiet din of many people in conversation in a restaurant."

Takta says to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "That'd get very spammy in a boring way very quick."

Takta says, "A room object with an action might do it."

Kinaed says to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "I think it's not out of the stretch of imagination that people could just assume other people are going about their business at a joined place if they're present and have an action like 'sits with Takta, talking.'"

Takta says, "'A table of people are here, conversing.' when a place is 'joined'."

Takta questions, "Oh, yeah. Will look show who's at what place?"

Loreth Radford states, "On other games I've seen a "look places" or "places" or whatever lists the available places, and that would show who's where."

Olivia nods at Loreth Radford.

Loreth Radford says, "So if you want to know, you check."

Beronica Wright says, "And we could still do sitting at a table or bar by ourselves to speak with the public at large."

Kinaed muses, "I got about 4 people saying they'd prefer silent emoting as default when joined. Can I get a show for people who would prefer to have emoting remain as is, and emoting only to a joined place, etc, being default?"

Olivia raises hand for emoting remaining as is with a special command for emoting to a place.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "Not going to vote, Kinky. Haven't been here for a long time."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think the overall preference is for emoting to default to silent, BUT."

Kinaed claims, "That'll mean changes to existing commands, and I don't know how complicated that is for Az."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair trails off, "What if..."

Kinaed states, "So we'll aim to go silent emoting, etc, by default with a 'difficulty to code' may change that."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair asks, "You set a default "volume" when conversing at a table?"

Loreth Radford says, "Sorry, distracted by jailchan. I vote silent too, because I personally prefer to emote specifically what can be seen to the room, not leave it to code."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "That's changeable as a default setting"

Maxwell wonders, "...Isn't there already whispercode in place?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "Yes."

Takta claims, "Whispercode isn't extensible/flexible enough for this."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "So the default people don't get to hear"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "But you could change your default to boisterous or something"

Takta says, "There's a lot it doesn't do that a good places system would handle."

Maxwell claims, "Why not make it so that people who can't eavesdrop see only 'at <table>, people say something but you can't make it out'"

Maxwell states, "And people who can eavesdrop see whispercode wo.ds"

Takta claims, "We want to avoid spam."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "Or, conversely, change it to "whispered" ... making even eavesdropping harder."

Takta claims, "The whole point of this system is basically to streamline how folks experience big scene RP, so they can control how much input they get."

Kinaed nods.

A towering dark skinned man asks, "What about adding a command of Talk which you can use () to do emotes in the strings?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let me bounce off what I'm thinking atm."

A towering dark skinned man states, "It will be a table command only"

A towering dark skinned man says, "Just a thought."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "But you're still giving people the option to broadcast to the room. So someone could let out a big booming laugh in response to a quiet joke, and everyone would hear the laugh."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure if all notake objects in the game or only furniture objects in the game, will become places. Places will be able to hold a certain amount of people."

"I should be able to take all things." Maxwell remarks, bluntly. [Maxwell]

Kinaed claims, "When you come into a room with, for example, a booth, you can join the booth, which will put a line under your action saying "She sits at a booth.""

Takta hrms.

Kinaed says, "I'm thinking of two commands, 'join <obj>' or 'join <name>' (so you can join kinaed or join booth to join kinaed)"

Loreth Radford nods at Kinaed.

Takta claims, "(We may want to think about a way to collapse the view on look, but that's minor)"

Kinaed says, "I'm wondering if we should have commands to prevent other people from joining."

Takta says, "Or maybe 'look booth' 'Kinaed, Temi and Takta are here.'"

Kinaed says, "I think we should allow join objs to be holylight only."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "Should probably have to kick people out by force if you don't want them."

Kinaed states, "I'm going to put up 'join lock' and 'join add <name>' so that people can prevent other people from joining a place."

Loreth Radford says to Kinaed, "Not sure I like excluding folks. If you want people not to join, sit at a smaller table. Or yeah, maybe a kick thing like related to "drag""

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "So Intimidating Guy can come sit at my booth against my will. *grin*"

You tell Takta, "I'm sorry, is there a way for you to see what email address I have associated with my forum account?"

Loreth Radford claims, "Or "guard" command to work on a place"

Temi asks, "Do we want to preclude like woodcrafters from making place tpe furniture?"

Takta tells you, "Ummm. There MAY be!"

Takta says to Temi, "...Huh."

Safir says, "IN a tavern, with seats and stuff, I don't see how you just auto-exclude people. That should be done with RP."

Kinaed nods at Loreth Radford.

Kinaed claims, "I'm thinking it should work more like guard."

Maxwell sits at your booth. You can't stop him, otherwise he will literally pick your booth up.

Safir claims, "Creepy creeper guy comes to hit on you, can't be no magic code to bounce him from the table."

Takta says to Temi, "Maybe they should be able to create places."

Takta says, "That's sort of a fun idea."

Beronica Wright claims, "I believe things like that should belong to imms."

Kinaed queries, "So we're a general no to exclusion code?"

Loreth Radford claims, "Guard would be cool because you could assign other people to help guard.. like I'm at a booth with Olivia, and Maxwell is hired to guard all <booth keyword>"

Inertia

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Takta claims to Kinaed, "I like guard and kick."

A slight, narrow-featured adolescent has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

A towering dark skinned man says, "Hey kinky I persoanlly disagree with the locking. (but thats just me) for the simple fact of it could start MORE RP if you tell people to leave you alone or they dont properly ask if they can join."

Loreth Radford states, "(for example)"

Kinaed nods at a towering dark skinned man.

Safir claims, "Right. Leave it to RP."

Maxwell idly moves to stand in front of Loreth Radford, looking like a proper slab of metal-plated meat.

Kinaed queries, "I think the overall view is not to allow locking. What about kicking?"

Safir claims, "There's enough problems with cliques in scenes, or large scenes. Making it impossible for people to even break in isn't cool."

Loreth Radford claims, "I don't like 100% guaranteed locking, but guard rarely seems to work as it is, so it seems like more of an rp-starter. If exclusion is going to be an option at all."

Kinaed muses, "Should it start a physical confrontation?"

A towering dark skinned man nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Should be a forceful kick option, I'd think."

Takta states, "Kicking should be doable. Accept kick or combat begins."

Takta questions, "Like restraint?"

Maxwell readies his polearm.

Mekialoc Ejaich is idle.

Mekialoc Ejaich is no longer idle.

Kinaed says, "I think eavesdropping will use distance in a manner similar to whisper code, btw."

Maxwell shoulders his polearm.

Kinaed says, "I'm removing locking from the spec atm."

You tell Takta, "I figured it out, I'm just dumb."

Kinaed states, "But keeping kicking - and using the idea of a 'surrender or combat' model."

Takta tells you, "Not at all. <3"

Temi nods.

Mekialoc Ejaich has lost link.

Kinaed states, "Okay, so you walk into a room and see Kinaed sitting at a booth."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "You could allow someone to "sit large" and take up too spots in a booth. Like if two people sat on the edge of a 4 person booth, they'd each be taking up two seats, and prevent someone from joining."

A massive man with a peg leg sits LARGE.

Maxwell claims, "You either step back or get your face smacked. That's how you do. Fo' real."

A massive man with a peg leg claims, "When Aios sits around the house, he really sits around the house."

Olivia grins at a massive man with a peg leg.

Takta grins at a massive man with a peg leg.

Maxwell wonders, "...Damn it, where's Snoop? I mean, Eddy?"

A towering dark skinned man high fives Maxwell

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes has been transferred in by Kinaed. [OOC]

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair wonders, "Do you have rum in that peg leg?"

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes waves!

Kinaed states, "It seems a bit wierd, but I guess we can allow a single person to take up to two slots."

Kinaed asks, "Do we want that?"

Takta claims, "I'm not too concerned about that."

Olivia trails off, "As much as I enjoy having a seat for my purse..."

Maxwell claims to Kinaed, "Sprawling and sitting. Sprawling is probably more comfortable."

Takta claims, "That, I feel, could probably be done via RP."

A massive man with a peg leg exclaims to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Ask that ICly and I'll have an awesomely rude suggestion on how to find out!"

Olivia nods in agreement with Takta.

Temi says, "Probably wouldn't be used that often for the amount of code."

Maxwell states, "You don't ~sprawl~ at a meeting."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Maxwell says, "You ~sprawl~ when you checkin' the dames out."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "Massive, you're unlikely to ever meet this character IC, sadly."

Maxwell states, "And the duchesses."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so you come in, you see me at a booth. You can join me, or I can join you."

Kinaed muses, "Can you be joined at multiple places at once?"

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes asks, "What are we talking about? Sorry, I planned on being here, but a friend needed rescueing =/"

Kinaed asks, "I mean, is joining sitting at the damn table or just being close enough to listen in?"

Takta claims, "I think joined at 1 at a time."

Kinaed queries, "Should we limit the amount of people that can be at a place?"

Takta states, "I have a feeling that will be a hell of a lot easier for Az."

Beronica Wright states, "Yes"

Takta claims, "And yeah, limit the number of seats."

Maxwell claims to Kinaed, "There are FOUR chairs at this one table."

Maxwell claims, "There are SIX spots on this bench."

Temi says, "Furniture already has number of seats."

Temi states, "Easy translation."

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed states to Maxwell, "But if I stand right behind you, I should be able to see/hear everything."

Takta asks of Kinaed, "SO if you eavesdrop from the same square or 1 square off, maybe?"

Takta questions, "You hear everything?"

Takta states, "This allows for dragging 2 tables next to each other to make one BIG place."

Kinaed says, "Well, I'm not sure how much people use range outside of combat."

Takta claims, "Range will have to matter for this, I think."

Kinaed states, "I think that eavesdropping could just be a 'silent join'."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Loreth Radford claims to Kinaed, "Almost never, from what I've seen. There will often be 10 people on the same square in a room because that's just where they entered from."

Kinaed claims, "You're sitting there having a convo, and bam, you notice Kinaed is breathing down your neck."

Kinaed states, "And eying off your cheetos."

Loreth Radford states, "If the places are in a specific square in a room, joining might automove the person to that location, so they don't have to think about range but it would work anyway."

Takta queries, "A check to notice eavesdroppers?"

A towering dark skinned man states, "And winking seductivly"

Takta exclaims to Loreth Radford, "YES. Let's do that!"

Beronica Wright wonders, "Base it off of sneak?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "You'd need to give people the chance to notice they were being eavesdropped on. There should also be a way to speak more quietly than usual (leaning together, whispered) to make it harder to eavesdrop."

Kinaed says, "I think that furniture will need to be placed."

Lloyd le Tarrow is idle.

Kinaed says, "I also think range should be important. If you join something across the room, it probably should auto-walk you to that square, then join you."

Takta nods.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes questions to Takta, "Any advances on Blacksmithing?"

Takta says to a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes, "Mady is working on it, and yes, it's progressing well."

Kinaed says, "If you join something on the sly, then people should get a perception check to notice you, and if you're eavesdropping, then the stuff that indicates where you are in a room might or might not show."

Temi claims, "Eavesdrop doesn't move you to it"

Kinaed says, "If we do it that way, it might be much more flexible than if we lock down the number of places at a table."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "But how close you are determines how much you hear."

Loreth Radford asks, "I think I missed the "join on the sly" part of the convo... Do you mean someone might literally sit AT my table and I wouldn't notice?"

Kinaed claims, "But if you join and don't move to it, and are out of range, it won't matter."

Lloyd le Tarrow is no longer idle.
Lloyd le Tarrow has returned from AFK.

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes queries to Kinaed, "Would hmore work with that?"

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes states, "Hmote*"

Kinaed claims, "Well, it depends on how literal we're going to take joining."

Takta states, "Actually joining really should auto-put you there."

A towering dark skinned man states, "Can you make it so you can sit at this table here and listen to that thable there"

Temi claims, "In the next square over, if you move yourself there, you can hear it all."

Takta states, "Sit your butt on the furniture item."

Loreth Radford asks, "If there's a table with 4 seats, I figure like a typical RL restaurant table, it seems unlikely to be able to sit at one without the other people noticing. Bar with 12 seats in a long row, maybe it makes more sense. I guess it could be based on the number of spaces or something?"

Kinaed asks, "That was an earlier questiono f mine - should joining be based on how much space a particular object holds, or do we have it more inclusive like how, at an irl party, a person can walk up to the couch you and your boyfriend are sitting at, be standing, and become a part of the convo?"

Takta says, "I feel like we should limit it, but let other folks eavesdrop via proximity/a command."

Maxwell muses, "How do you lock someone from sitting at a bar?"

Temi claims, "Easier to put actions if they're actually on it."

Kinaed states, "I think Qharos' was a very hard-coded limit."

Kinaed nods at Maxwell.

Kinaed claims, "I think reality is that joining a convo is more flexible than seat limits."

Kinaed claims, "Of course, either would be valid, but it might change the feel of the system."

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I do sort of like the feel of the joining in and hanging out, whether sitting or not."

Loreth Radford claims, "I love the idea of being "near" a conversation and, without eavesdropping, being a part of it. Glad I wouldn't have to be the one to code it though."

Loreth Radford grins.

Takta says, "I like seat limits for making this more controllable."

Takta states, "For people who really want small scenes within scenes."

Temi claims, "But it's harder to make sense of seat limits."

Takta states, "You sit at the 2-person table, not the 5-person table."

Kinaed claims, "I think it'd be fine if we didn't have finite limits, but rather had a hard limit of, perhaps, 10 people."

Loreth Radford says, "Maybe a "join near <keyword>" and people at that place will see that you're there, just not IN the place."

Loreth Radford says, "So a public eavesdropping kinda."

Kinaed says, "I wonder if people even need objects to join a convo."

Kinaed states, "Or if we can just build convos being similar to grouping."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes claims, "Why not use more of the room like at the Crow's Nest? With the curtains? A tiny alcove in a corner, have it limited to two, or whatever. Idk. "

Takta claims, "Furniture not being required would be fine if you could set a group action or something."

Temi queries, "A conversations code instead of a places code?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Loreth Radford says to Temi and Kinaed, "Ooo."

Takta states, "<This group> is chatting by the buffet table."

Temi states, "I do like that."

Loreth Radford says, "I don't think I've ever seen that, but it sounds awesome."

Takta claims, "<This group> is all making out in the corner."

Temi says, "It serves the purpose we have in the simplest version possible.. though we could still do the auto-move to them thing."

Kinaed facefaults, "Takta would think of the orgy scenario."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "I'm joining that groop."

Takta says to Kinaed, "Well, you know. Anyway, I kinda like it just being about 'groups'."

Loreth Radford nods in agreement with Takta.

Takta claims, "So long as we can clearly tag/display the groups on look somehow."

Olivia claims, "I do like there being more benefit to having/using furniture, generally speaking."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes pontificates, "Make more use of the code already available, I like it! "

Takta claims, "Well, furniture will already boost your mv regen quite nicely, at least."

Kinaed claims, "I think having furniture is beneficial, honestly. It'll give more 'texture' to areas, so to speak."

A towering dark skinned man says, "I like the join furniture."

Takta says, "Could be a way to turn everybody at the same furniture item into a group."

Loreth Radford says to Takta, "Maybe the "map" command would list all conversation groups. So look doesn't get extra spammy given it already shows room desc, items, exits, and people."

Takta says, "So you can do groups with or without furniture."

Takta claims to Loreth Radford, "I'd want to show groups in LIEU of the normal people display."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes states, "I need a big house with fancy furniture. "

Loreth Radford states to Takta, "Ah, hm."

Takta claims, "In order to cut down on look spam in a room with 15 folks in it."

A towering dark skinned man questions, "Then what look group to see who all is in it?"

Kinaed asks, "Can I ask how many people are in favor of linking places to objects, or how many are in favor of a general 'group' code to build conversations?"

A towering dark skinned man raises his hand for furniture.

Takta states, "Not sure about format, just thinking aloud."

Takta raises hand for 'group' code.

Temi queries, "Could have one person start a conversation, either centered around themself, with no limit, or centered around a furniture item, which provides a hard limit?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "These are all neat ideas. I personally think you'll have to play with it and see how it works best."

Loreth Radford trails off, "I like the idea of nebulous "conversations" better, but place objects I think are easier to understand and might be easier to use... but if conversations ends up being doable that's my vote =p"

Takta says to Temi, "I like that."

Takta states, "I like that a lot."

Kinaed nods thoughtfully.

Takta states, "Allows for both any-size groups and for limited groups for the folks who are troubled by more than 3-4 people."

Loreth Radford commissions a water cooler object.

Temi grins at Loreth Radford.

Takta states to Loreth Radford, "What do you think the Fountis is, duhh. ;)"

Loreth Radford claims to Takta, "Dead mage victim storage."

Loreth Radford nods sagely.

Kinaed says, "I think we'll do a furniture thing, then add the ability for people to POLCA create a piece of furniture on the fly."

Kinaed states, "When they POLCA create one, we'll have it auto-destruct when the creator leaves the object/convo."

Temi claims, "Or when everyone leaves it"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "When the last user leaves it."

Temi states, "Bit weird for the table at the restaurant to disappear when the person who sat down first gets up."

Temi grins.

Takta says, "POLCASOFA."

Takta nods sagely.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Beronica Wright states, "And I just got the sudden urge to grab an accordian."

Kinaed gives a wooden Eastern Star charm necklace to a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes.

Kinaed queries, "Is anyone waiting on their star?"

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes exclaims, "Oooh! What is this for?! "

Maxwell states to a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes, "Anti-demon."

Kinaed says, "In honor of the exorcism that happened this week, the Eastern Star is a symbol for protection against demons."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's probably everything I was thinking for our places code. Thanks for weighing in, guys."

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure what it will ultimately look like, but I've got some great stuff to work with."

Kinaed says, "We're over time, but I'd like to ask people to stay because I think the player side of this meeting is as important, if not more so, than the staff side."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair snaps her fingers and sets someone's peg-leg on fire.
a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair appears to be a grandmaster at fire.

Kinaed questions, "Can I ask how RP has been in the last week?"

A massive man with a peg leg stops, drops, and rolls.

Loreth Radford claims to Kinaed, "Friggin' sweet."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Glad to hear that."

Maxwell states to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "D:"

Lloyd le Tarrow says, "It's been fair."

Kinaed nods at Lloyd le Tarrow.

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes trails off, "With college taking over my life, scant. But the few scenes I have had have.... uh.... been interesting :D"

Takta says, "Things feel a tad quiet to me."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes winks at Takta.

Takta says, "On the broader level."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta snerks at Guin.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "Deserted Tubori islands are light on the RP."

Kinaed says, "Our overall activity levels are lower, but our pbase numbers are reasonable."

Kinaed comforts a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair.

A towering dark skinned man agree's with Takta

Loreth Radford wonders to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Are you wearing the assigned tropical island outfit?"

Temi states, "Lots of people back to school, I think, yeah."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else want to talk about anything?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair nods at Loreth Radford. "I had literally NOTHING to wear to this ooc chat."

Maxwell asks of a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "You aren't dead, are you? :("

Beronica Wright muses, "What about that noble thing Gav wanted to bring up?"

Kinaed loads a lovely bunch of coconuts.

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes says, "I acutally had a question "

Kinaed asks of a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes, "Sure, what's up?"

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "Quite alive, thank you. "

Kinaed trails off to Beronica Wright, "I told Gavin who nobles marry is up ot him and Cellan and the Order, the staff don't care, BUT..."

Kinaed says, "To marry a noble, there needs to be a noble slot free."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes wonders, "Does the basic cook/brew items that are produced, have set @taste and @eat descs? And Idr if finalize all was put in?"

Kinaed says, "Noble slots are based on active player population."

Kinaed claims, "Unless you are a noble, then you can just marry a noble b/c it won't use a slot."

Takta claims to a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes, "They don't have @tastes or @eats."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair wonders, "Do inactive nobles count against the slots?"

Temi claims, "Basic cook items do not have @tastes, because you're supposed to add those personalized."

Temi claims, "They're generic."

Kinaed states, "Innactive nobles do not count."

Temi says to Kinaed, "It sounded like people were talking on OOC about wanting to have access to noble slots as marriage fodder. Second son of some baron, etc."

Kinaed says, "We aim for 15% of the entire pbase to be nobles."

Loreth Radford asks, "So if you can't marry someone cause of slots, wait a week and maybe someone will be inactive?"

Takta states to a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes, "Finalize all is in, I think, though tool all isn't"

Inertia

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:30 pm

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes eagerly awaits tool all

Beronica Wright says, "Tool all would be cool. It would be good way to mass produce some of the smaller items like pipes or food."

Kinaed nods at Loreth Radford.

Kinaed states, "Sorry, my kid is talking to me."

A towering dark skinned man says, "Im gonna pboard the staff send a summed up tell to them that I received that proves a point that I brought up last week about nobles. Now that you all reminded me of it."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes nods to Beronica Wright.

Takta says, "As a noble player (so yes, biased), let me say I strongly feel nobles are more excluded than excluding others. :/"

Loreth Radford claims, "I believe it."

Beronica Wright says, "It is that entire walking on eggshell feeling people get with them around."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "Yes, well, i know a noble that plays viola nude in the baths with all of lithmore present. It's hard to walk on eggshells around that."

Kinaed questions, "What are we looking for as a result of this discussion?"

Takta states, "I just wanted to comment that it's hurtful to hear nobles as a group called cliquish, scene-hoggers, etc."

Takta says, "IC privilege is not OOC privilege. It sucks to be noble. Please play with us. :("

Safir says, "When I was talking on the boards, Takta, I wasn't referring to nobles as cliques. I meant the entire thing Cas was saying, about groups of 2-3 players emoting only with each other in a scene."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes says, "I have no problems playing with nobles, DEPENDING on the player, as any PCs. "

Kinaed states, "There's distinct advantages and disadvantages to playing a noble character. There's power, but limits to freedom of choice, relationships, etc."

Kinaed nods at a busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes.

Safir claims, "I didn't have a problem with what the nobles were doing in a scene. But I think cliques in large scenes hurt more than help, because people are trying desperately to keep up with their 2-3 people in the room spam and ignore people trying to break into their groups."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "Problem is, ICly, you have to think a lot of people would avoid nobles. They don't intentionally hog a scene, and in fact, i know you and others go out of your way to try not to. But the IC privilege can be difficult to deal with. (That said, you know I always had fun RPing with you, Takta.)"

Beronica Wright states, "It is their thematic nature to be in the spotlight of anywhere they are. They are pretty much treated like celebrities."

Kinaed nods at Safir.

Kinaed states, "I hope places will help with that. Honestly, there's not a single noble on this game that I'd ICly avoid."

Beronica Wright agrees with Kinaed. "Especially with some of the RP I have going on with one of them."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so... not much of a conclusion on nobles. :)"

Temi questions to Kinaed, "Did you catch the marriage fodder bit?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair states, "This same discussion was going on last time I played, for the record. :)"

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "The thing is, marriages make someone else effectively noble in all ways that count."

Kinaed says, "For that purpose, we need them to take up a noble slot, otherwise the game dynamic gets really off kilter."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes states, "Afk fer a smoke"

Takta states, "I think nobody has a problem with that; the whole question was more 'can we let people app for non-titled nobles'."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes has gone AFK.

Temi nods.

Temi says, "They seemed to expect it would take slots still.. we just need a way to track it."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes says, "Real quick, I think more nontitle nobles would be awesome"

Kinaed states, "No. A gentry person can be a 'non-titled' noble. That's what we call blooded gentry. The bastard daughter of a baron or the cousin of a duke, etc, is a valid gentry role."

A busty Vavardi lady with green-blue eyes states, "Also clarity on mal's"

Loreth Radford muses, "Oh, I do have one question about married nobles, which I guess I could ask around ICly, but it seems like folks should already know this.. What is Gavin's title now? IRL he'd be "Prince" but ICly is he King? Consort? Something else?"

Kinaed states, "Bastard children directly and legally disinherited."

Takta says, "Royal Consort."

Kinaed states, "They cannot inherit, but they may be loved by their parents, supported by them, etc."

Takta says, "His Majesty, to the Queen's Her Royal Majesty."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair trails off, "Seriously, there are plenty of advantages to playing freemen and gentry that nobles don't have. (Or at least there were. Do freemen still get the rpxp bonus? And gentry the wealth bonus?) The only reason I'd play a noble is if i had an RP concept that required one. (Which I have a few of...)"

Safir says, "Honestly, more non-titled nobles or the court taking in members that are non-noble for the non-noble roles would likely vastly increase the RP for high level gentry and nobles, which means less nobles having to do church square or tavern RP"

Madyriel falls from the sky and lands, face first, with an ungraceful SPLAT. [OOC]

Maxwell hugs Madyriel.

Loreth Radford claims to Takta, "Thanks."

Takta says, "I LIKE tavern RP. Nobles are ICly charged to mingle with commoners."

Kinaed says, "Freemen get the RPxp bonus."

Takta says, "It just... doesn't work out."

Kinaed states, "Gentry still get the wealth bonus."

Maxwell queries, "I get a RPxp bonus? :D"

Temi nods at Maxwell.

Maxwell asks, "...If I become gentry IC, do I lose that RPxp bonus?"

Temi nods at Maxwell.

Maxwell states, "Aw."

Safir claims, "Thems the breaks, kid."

Kinaed says, "We've changed how wealth is earned a bit - being online and idling will earn you 1 silver an hour, being in rp will earn you 3 silver an hour. Income is still provided weekly just for being active, but it's been reduced by about 50 silver (except for freemen) to accomodate."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair says, "Don't become gentry until you've got the rpxp to buy wealth."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair trails off, "That explains the 1 silver i got the other day..."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, anything else we'd like to discuss? :)"

Temi says to Kinaed, "Other way, I think. 1 hour of RP for 1 silver, 3 hours of online for 1 silver."

Kinaed claims, "We're a full 30 minutes over."

A petite young woman with green eyes & red hair claims, "It doesn't tell me where my hundreds of gold went while i was absent...but i'm liquidating this character anyway."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Oh, yeah. That's right."

Kinaed claims to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Banks are removed for idleness after a period, you'll have to ask Azarial why."

Maxwell states to a petite young woman with green eyes & red hair, "Wait no pls I need someone to fite."

Kinaed says, "Okay, with no one wanting to talk about anything else, I'll wrap the meeting up. Thank you for attending, everyone. I'll give some thought to nobles, and I appreciate the help with the places code."

Kinaed questions, "Staff, mind helping me put people back?"

• Information