Log of OOC Meeting 8/31/2013

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Leech

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:17 pm

You know, I did have a big post ready, but I scrapped it all because what Dice said kind of sunk in. This event didn't go as planned, so I can't draw any judgement off of it. Generally, I want to believe that large scale group RP can be accessible by anybody in the right mindset, and doing X, Y, and Z might help them. (Yeah, you heard me Safir!)

I do feel the need to clear up what I meant by cliques. Cliques, was perhaps, a misnomer. In large # RP people tend to fall into groups. I might be rping with Safir and Dagerian, and that would be one group. Marisa and Ariel would be sipping wine and chatting in the far corner, and that'd be another group. All these different groups are falling together, and people can move freely in and out of them. It's like any social gathering - people are drawn to other people to make the whole thing manageable. You can't just go in and expect to interact with EVERYBODY. (Although I do realize that people tend to form cliques OOCly as well. That ain't nearly as cool.)

All this has made me realize that maybe a little guide with tips and tricks of navigating group RP might be helpful. In the right mindset, I believe that anybody can navigate huge, non-violent scenes. Violent scenes get a bit more convoluted because everyone is so occupied with being fair.

------------
"Because people spurn you for being a noble. Often times they won't RP with you at all, or if they do it's often only to engage in RP that forces you to punish them ICly for disrespect, which gets incredibly old incredibly fast." - Dice
Oh jesus. I thought I was the only one getting this. Generally playing Casimir, I deserve it, but it does hurt when it registers on an OOC level. Casimir is a fickle person to RP with, yes, but not everything has to end with whips and punishment for him - there is a character there, y'know. My main mission isn't to ruin anybody's day, it's just to RP and have a good time, and I think people forget that.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Dice

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Yeah, it's SO not just you. It happens to every noble, though it's probably exacerbated in your case by folks' perceptions of Casimir. It's downright crushing on an OOC level sometimes, really.

The point I really should have focused on in my long-winded reply is exactly what you said; we can't draw conclusions about an event that wasn't able to follow its initial plan/promise. I just was honestly quite hurt by the attitude towards noble players popping up in this thread.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 am

And Places code is now officially on the agenda as our next game improvement. :P

• Information