Log of OOC Meeting 2023-07-08

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Erasmus

Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:41 pm

Ghed exclaims, "Alright, we're ready to begin, welcome all!"

Clood claims, "Snake.."

Ghed asks, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the
 best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources
 available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."
Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If
 you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.
Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Temi gives a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales to 

Eurus claims, "Theres still one in the lake i get tells about weekly"

Solus declares, "Frighteningly, I've got a topic!"

Ghed nods at Solus.

Nospeedy says, "Danger noodle."

A fine, dun Lithmorran horse nods.

DrHimbopotamus declares, "I also have a topic!"

Ghed nods.

Dreams squints at a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales. 

Ghed muses, "Any scribes?"

Rambling wonders, "Witch horse........ but yes, who is scribing?"

Tomato states, "Mine is more a suggestion than a topic, but I have a topic I suppose"

DrHimbopotamus trails off, "I... can scribe if nobody else does but since I keep forgetting to post
 I uh"

Rambling claims, "I'll harass you about it."

DrHimbopotamus says, "I may need to be gently prodded"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Excellent"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

Ghed nods at DrHimbopotamus.

Kalana grins.

Ghed claims to DrHimbopotamus, "Please try to remember, the log is more important than it seems"

DrHimbopotamus states, "I will do better! I will post it RIGHT AFTER this time. If I do not please
 kick me in the butt."

Ghed nods.

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Dreams claims to DrHimbopotamus, "I'll gladly take on the role of ass-kicking."

Ghed exclaims, "This week I did the usual sleuth of recommends, requests, and policy. I'm sorry if
 I had been slow of late, I'm trying to catch up. I just wasn't feeling it a lot! It happens!"

Ghed says, "I'm toying with some new ideas, but mostly I've been compiling lists of little fixes for Eurus to make my day"

Temi gives a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales to HIEROPHANT.

Ghed claims, "Incidentally, he reworked resting today, so that it gives a bit more MV than before"

Clood stops using a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales.

Ghed claims, "Resting was almost worthless compared to sleeping"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "YES."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Thank you, I have always hated how useless rest was."

Eurus claims, "Standing still now is the same MV regen as resting before, and resting is double
 what it was before"

Ruby exclaims, "Hello! Oh wow that's a lot"

HIEROPHANT states, "Rest is more useful if you have an object to rest on, but it was very slow."

Temi gives a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales to Ruby.

Tomato says, "That is amazing actually"

Eurus states, "So should be some passive regen that helps out too"

Ghed claims, "It was annoying frankly"

Arthur says, "That's honestly a really good update, I appreciate standing regens MV now."

Ghed claims, "For years I'd just sleep in the middle of my phome or something"
Ghed nods at Arthur.

Clood nods sagely, "The best spot."

Clood claims, "Ghed's phome."

Konaa says, "Yeah, I basically only ever recharge at the watering hole at reeve hq"

Konaa claims, "This is a good change"

Ghed states, "This compounds with leg/feet injuries punishing MV far less now"
Ruby holds a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales in his hand.

Ruby holds his snake by the neck and stretches out its tail behind it, building up tension.  As he
 releases his hold on it, the snake sproings up into the air.  The snake flails through the air,
 falling to the ground several steps away, and he scoops it up again.
Ruby stops using a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales.

Yinadele claims, "Phomes are for sleeping, it's true"

Tomato muses, "You mean we don't all carry around several pastries and shove them into our face
 when MV is low?"

Dreams states, "Oh, long time change definitely needed. Feet/leg injuries were completely
 crippling, even when you just stubbed your toe."

Ghed claims, "Raylene's pastries"

HIEROPHANT says, "Crawling pace is still useful if your legs are badly ouchied"

Ghed nods at Dreams.

Clood looks at their several loaves of bread in inventory.

Arthur claims, "I definitely didn't carry 200 loaves of bread with me my first two weeks of
 playing."

Paprika carries around pastries like she is playing skyrim.

Konaa states, "If by raylene's pastries you mean Ahna's rations"
Dreams states to Ghed, "Haha. Yes, Raylene's pastries. >.>"

Ghed claims, "After this we'll pursue Ahna's idea of very light damage not causing bleed anymore"

Ghed says, "Anyways"

Ghed has transferred plague.  [OOC]

Ghed muses to Temi, "What's with you?"

Ruby claims, "Also IDK if I missed the topic call but I do have a topic "

Temi gives a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales to plague.

HIEROPHANT says, "Oh nice"

Solus states, "I would like to say: leg/feet injuries punishing MV less is very nice. It was,
 sadly, too late for poor Erasmus."

plague states, "I exist."

Dreams says, "Need movement? Here's a GIGANTIC slice of cake. No, really. It's just one slice."
Ghed has transferred Amaranth.  [OOC]

Temi says, "Well, I was out camping, but I am back now, have done a few plots and requests, but not
 a whole lot yet."

Ruby muses, "I do have a question are injuries going to be more punishing if we're reducing their
 burden in other ways?"

plague holds a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales in their hand.

Temi gives a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales to Amaranth.

Temi has created a stretchy woven snake toy with a dark patterning of scales[5].

plague holds their snake by the neck and stretches out its tail behind it, building up tension.  As
 they releases their hold on it, the snake sproings up into the air.  With a few quick steps, they
 catches it as it falls back towards the ground again.

Konaa pontificates to Temi, "WB! "

plague states, "This is good."

Ghed states to Ruby, "I don't know, combat and injuries are complex, and I want to burden Eurus
 only with the highest priorities"

Temi says, "We don't have the plans for what will or won't be adjusted yet, folks, so we'll have to
 wait on what it will all look like."

Ghed declares to Temi, "And thanks for your update!"

Konaa states, "Combat balance is tricky no matter the game"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Injury code is real, real broken, so super excited."

Ghed queries to Leta, "What about you?"

Leta claims, "I was walloped by work this week and was away at a conference for part of it. IRL
 talks were given and papers written, at least! In game I mostly handled questions, requests and
 two niblets of RPA."

Ghed states, "Excellent, glad you could deal with that, we all know you're a busy bee"
Ghed muses to Eurus, "What about you mate? help news?"

Konaa claims, "Thanks for taking the time even with work being a pain, Leta"

Leta declaims, "Happy to do what I can!"

Ghed states, "(I did update the IC Events board and some other staff-only boards)"

Ghed says, "(the forum I mean)"

Ghed states, "I'll assume Eurus is busy being awesome in another window, but he has been
 slaughtering a list of bugs and fixes I sent him"

Konaa claims, "Eurus also saved me from being soft-locked by a crocodile until the end of time, so
 y'know, I appreciate that"

Ghed states, "It's like he doesn't have respect for my bugs :("

Eurus claims, "Yep help news"

plague says, "I wonder where that crocodile came from."

Ghed nods at Eurus.

Ghed questions to Ilena, "And whataboutyou?"

Ilena pontificates, "Small things! Also helping with requests and phome stuff, answering a few
 questions and helping where I can!"

Ilena states, "I am a nice little extra set of hands and happy to help."

Ghed pontificates, "It's a great pair!"

Ghed claims, "... that came off weird, lol"

Ghed muses, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Clood blushes.

Clood raises a hand!

Ghed wonders, "Folks?"

Rambling says, "All over the place. Mostly optimistic. Probably jumped the gun on ONE thing but
 otherwise alright."

plague states, "I am the consequences of my own actions."

DrHimbopotamus states, "Very good! Last week felt a little blah but this one I'm finding my rhythm
 and my fun again."

Clover pleads the 5th.

Clood states, "Oh-"

Arthur says, "I definitely had an interesting week this week, learning the highs and lows of the
 old frak around and find out situation, it's been awesome."

plague states, "(I had a lot of fun during my July 4th 3-days-off)"

Ghed muses to Clood, "Yep?"

Clood states, "I'd like to say that it's been a fantastic week of returning to the game."

Ruby trails off, "Snakes... why'd it have to be snakes..."

Ghed quotes Samuel Jackson

Viper says, "I had some things draw my focus away IRL briefly but I am back now."

Tomato states, "Lots of RP, caught up with some people I hadn't seen for a bit, caught up on my
 recommends mostly"

DrHimbopotamus states, "Got taken to snake church, a+, would do again"

Ghed nods at Clood.

Ghed claims to Clood, "Glad to have you back"

Clood claims, "Everyone's been wonderful- I've gotten one of the most memorable scenes ever from
 one specific Inquisitor."

Clood declares, "Thanks!"

Dreams claims, "I desperately need to catch up on recommends. :-("

Ruby asks, "Snake church? Snurch?"

Ghed pontificates, "Yep! recs are good"

Kalana states, "Also took a little time for the holiday, but back again now, yep.  Some good RP
 since I returned"

HIEROPHANT states, "Snathedral of Snaint Snav."

Ghed quotes Metal Gear Solid: "Snake? Snaaaake!"

Tomato claims, "Take me to snurch i worship like a snog at the seat of your snies"

Ghed muses, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Konaa claims, "I am bemused by snakegate now, though at the time I was a little frustrated.  It's
 hard to remember to scan at 2 AM.  Then I realized if I am getting frustrated over mechanical
 issues I should probably take a bit of a break, so I'm gonna be cutting my hours to try and not
 burn myself out"

Ghed nods at Konaa.

DrHimbopotamus says to Ghed, "Not enough snakes"

Ghed claims to Konaa, "Always good, I've been on your shoes a few times"

Arthur claims, "I would like to respectively request an F in the chat for my horse Grace."

Ghed says, "It's great to do something else for a bit and come back with a fresh perspective"

Konaa says to Ghed, "Appreciate it, ye"

Temi nods in agreement with Konaa.

HIEROPHANT claims, "I made an observation this week. Not necessarily a negative one."

Temi claims to Konaa, "Don't get yourself burned out, take what time you need"

Sue says, "F for grace, but in other news"

Sue says, "I just got a new horsehair brush"

Leta grins.

Clood claims, "There needs to be more Lady Knights"

HIEROPHANT claims, "I realized there isn't really anything I think is worth complaining about, that
 I would want to complain at a meeting about it? It always seems like the wrong venue."

DrHimbopotamus nods at HIEROPHANT.

Arthur turns to look at Sue, squinting.

plague states, "I am happy that a lot of people had fun in the Incident and I apologize for any
 frustrations anyone had, it was all very uhh, touch-and-go we'll say"

Amaranth says, "This week has been busy for me .. really busy. "

plague says, "I learned some New Things about how certain mechanics work"

Ghed says, "Seems like this week was action packed"

plague states, "Also, F for Grace"

Konaa exclaims, "I am not mad at plague for the record!  Well, I'm the usual level of mad at him"

HIEROPHANT says, "It made me wonder what -is- appropriate to complain about in this part of the
 meeting. Because if it's an actionable complaint - it's something staff could handle. But if not -
 why complain? Food for thought.
Definitely a rollercoaster of a week though, whew."

Ghed states, "Incidentally, to those that suffered the kinks of the system: most of the great epic
 fights or dramatic scenes of yore were actually super slow, glitchy osay-filled scenes xD"

Tomato says, "Yeah almost everything is 10000x better in a retelling, every time"

Konaa claims, "That's the benefit of player-made history, making everything much cooler in
 hindsight"

DrHimbopotamus states, "1000 percent true"

Ghed says, "Ser Chaddicus versus Magmage: one emote every 15 minutes with 20 linkdeads"

Ruby asks, "I missed the beginning so how many people had topics?"

Ghed says, "3"

Konaa claims, "You were number 3 I think, Ruby"

DrHimbopotamus says to HIEROPHANT, "I use this space for tiny actionable things not worth topics"

Ghed claims, "Ruby would be 4"

Konaa claims, "Apparently I can't count"

HIEROPHANT states, "Right, but I'd just pboard those to staff."

Ruby says, "4 is my lucky number /s"

Ghed claims, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."
Ghed claims to Solus, "You're first"

Solus says, "I am begging us to add mechanical wheelchairs."

DrHimbopotamus states, "HAHA."

Solus claims, "I don't know how it could happen. I don't know how it'd work. I think that the MV
 changes could fix the issues that we ran into. BUT CARRYING A POET KNIGHT CHANGES A PERSON."

Leta grins.

plague states, "Post-renaissance. alas"

HIEROPHANT asks, "Is there a function they would provide that crawling pace does not?"

Ghed claims, "Okay, that's one of those things that sound great in theory but come with a lot of
 coded buts"

Ruby queries, "If wheelchairs became a thing what would stop people from just being in a wheelchair
 all the time?"

Ghed trails off, "It's like... coded blindness or deafness"

Leta says to plague, "We gave special dispensation for a proto-wheelchair because... injuries can
 be very RP-limiting"

Ruby says, "Professor x mage"

Eurus says, "The ableist bullies"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Well, somebody has to push you, these wouldn't be self-prepared, an they'd
 be slow/awkward, etc."

Leta states, "Or at least someone did, it was before my time"

Tomato says, "You can prop them as a chair or other item, and just use the crawl pace with an
 appropriate diremote"

Dreams says, "Wheelchairs are already a thing."

DrHimbopotamus nods at Leta.

Arthur queries, "Couldn't you just slightly change the description of a regular mount or would that
 be a complete mess?"

DrHimbopotamus states, "It was a Big Ass Fight but the pro-wheelchair camp won."

Dreams states, "Check help technology - wheelchairs are specifically mentioned."

DrHimbopotamus says, "Which is why it's in help technology."

DrHimbopotamus grins.

Tomato states, "I also don't think that 'chair with wheels' is that hard to come up with tbh we
 have carriages"

Ruby states, "Just no white chocoate wherlchairs "

plague states, "I'm completely ambivalent to wheelchairs. I just didn't know the history"

HIEROPHANT says, "Carry a dummy object chair in your inventory, switch to crawl pace, and have your
 'pusher' follow you or vice-versa."

HIEROPHANT states, "Reference the chair in your diremote. People do so with crutches and canes and
 stuff too."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "This may be less needed codewise given the specific change to feet/leg mv
 injuries."

Clood pontificates, "Sir Cornelius- Check ~this~ shit. A chair. With wheels. We'll be rich!"

Viper states, "If it was like that chair the crippled kid in Game of Thrones uses - being pushed
 around by Hodor."

plague says, "For what it's worth the issue with wheelchairs was mostly making the physics work and
 having the societal impetus to actually support the disabled, yes"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "But a crafted template for a wheelchair could be cool for RP."

plague says, "The guy who invented usable wheelchairs was paraplegic so he had a little bit of
 motivation to do so"

Viper states, "Pulled around rather"

Ghed states, "Sounds a bit complicated, hm"

Tomato claims, "I think this is something that is only really relevant when a portion of people are
 bedbound"

Tomato states, "A normal chair can very easily be tooled and carried by every character for
 references in emotes etc"

Arthur says, "They always go for the feet, always, it's like they know."

HIEROPHANT says, "I don't grasp why this requires a code addition, if solus would like to elaborate
 on that part specifically"

Ghed claims, "Not against it on principle but there's a lot to think about"

Temi claims, "Probably not a lot of use for it to make it worth new code."

Ghed states to Tomato, "For example"

Ruby states, "You could carry someone and rp pushinng them in a wheelchair"

plague states, "To be real I feel like injuries already healed quickly enough and MV recovery was
 already ubiquitous enough prior to the change"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Mostly I am too heavy to carry without moving incredibly, incredibly
 slowly."

Solus says, "I'd like a code addition (or at least some method of purchasing a faux wheelchair in
 the Physicians' staff lounge) so we don't have to do weird... theater of the mind. Also: Ruby, I
 DID do that."

Tomato states, "Thats your massive inventory's fault, probs"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "We could not get me to River Square in a remotely reasonable timespan
 without me codewise riding my horse."

DrHimbopotamus states, "...sorry, Solus."

plague says, "So an additional way to mitigate the One Actual Injury Type We Have isn't very
 interesting to me, personally, but I also don't mind it the universe where it exists"

HIEROPHANT asks, "Pushed wheelchairs are not... necessarily fast. Especially if they are wooden?"

DrHimbopotamus says to plague, "WOULD support wounds being much more interesting/robust in what
 they do."

Viper trails off, "Used be able to drag players... that was kinda fun"

HIEROPHANT states, "Drag is still a command. I have not used it, but it is still there."

Paprika claims, "I went to gen con in a wheelchair once and my husbands hands bled from pushing me
 around on carpet."

Viper states, "It only works for object now not on players though "

DrHimbopotamus claims, "I think this is more an enabling RP thing than a perfect realism thing, but
 tbh, I don't know if we strictly need code for the edge cases like my fat ass."

Ruby claims, "A corpse is an object easy solution "

HIEROPHANT says, "Ah. Then we are back to either Carry, or Follow + Crawl."

Solus states, "I personally emulated it by going Walk + no Travel on the way back to the Madison to
 represent the sheer fucking exhaustion and having to catch my breath."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Or Carry + Crawl, unless someone is so unbelievably heavy they exceed maximum
 over-capacity. Over-capacity is fairly generous."

Dreams says, "Oh, I have a topic/idea. If there's time at the end."

Ghed nods.

Ghed states, "We need to move on"

Leta declaims, "I think in all likelihood the code effort to use ratio wouldn't make it worth
 implementing, but we can see if props added to Madison help with the RP + if these new MV changes
 help!"

Ghed states, "It's a 'yes but it's complicated' for this"

Ghed nods at Leta.

Ghed states, "We'll give it a thought"

Tomato says, "I support giving the physicians a generic wheelchair to buy and using the crawl pace
 / carry code"

Tomato says, "Props always worth it "

Solus exclaims, "I will accept props and 'we'll see how the MV changes play out,' considering they
 were added about two hours after the Transportening. Works for me!"

Solus asks, "Next topic up?"

Eurus claims, "Theres something to be said about magecraft and flying wheelchairs but i'll leave
 that for another time"

Ghed nods.

Amaranth claims, "Please no, for the sake of my sanity."
Ghed claims to DrHimbopotamus, "You next"

HIEROPHANT says, "If we get flying wheelchairs before I get flying brooms or flying carpet I will
 be disappointed."

DrHimbopotamus muses, "Flying carpets are gone? RIP"

DrHimbopotamus says, "My topic today is WOUNDS, ironically enough given the rest of the discussion.
 This is not aimed at a specific person but I think a general mindset of 'code arbitrates all'.
 Codewise, wounds on TI heal really quickly, can be treated with more or less guaranteed success,
 and don't stop you codewise from doing all kinds of things they probably should. (Now I'd love to
 see a more robust wound system and I have THOUGHTS there, but.) "

DrHimbopotamus states, "The current system is great for letting people, like, get on with their RP
 - but I think it means sometimes people don't RP their wounds or healing realistically at all. So
 just a reminder, give your wounds fair RP consequences, time to heal, etc! It's honestly a lot
 more fun anyway to RP within the confines of those kind of limitations. "

Ghed states, "Please rp your wounds"

DrHimbopotamus says, "...I guess this is more a PSA/soapbox than a topic? Sorry y'all."

Ghed states, "I can always give you new ones as a reminder"

Leta nods.

Konaa says, "Sweats"

Tomato says, "Not rping wounds is a reason to suspect someone as a witch, actually"

Ghed states, "Yes"

Ghed claims, "Very much yes"
Leta nods at Tomato.

plague says, "I constantly feel as though the most I can realistically do to a player without
 killing them is socially ruin their life or... provide a minor to moderate inconvenience for a
 short period of time at a permanent cost to my player's reputation."

Ghed says, "And the inquisition -has- pursued this line"

plague states, "Wounds are toothless."

HIEROPHANT asks, "When you say 'please rp your wounds', do you have a suggested basis for the
 duration, with consideration of the timescale?"

Arthur questions, "I realize this isn't a dig at me but I would like to explain the situation if
 that's alright?"

Ruby states, "I do wonder how we're supposed to rp our wounds if they're healed by the time we're
 found  RP"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "I just RP still being wounded whether I'm code wounded or not."

plague says, "Err, my character*'s reputation. excuse"

Ruby states, "Like I had wounds from the Snakening that healed in 2 ooc hours "

Leta states, "Helpfiles do explicitly ask that you RP your wounds on a realistic timescale. Code
 wounds will disappear faster than makes sense, you should still roleplay."

Temi states, "Code defines the bare minimum, but RP can certainly allow more to extend it as far as
 you think is reasonable for fun"

Tomato says, "This is a fairly consistent issue over years, Arthur I don't think its a dig at you"

DrHimbopotamus states, "If people do want more RP guidance on this we could add it."

DrHimbopotamus questions, "Right?"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Beyond that - if you are RPing wounds that have codedly healed, and you go to
 the Madison as part of that RP, your physician is going to be very confused."

Ghed says, "We don't want to get into a system where being KO'd or something gives permanent stat
 injuries or something"

DrHimbopotamus claims to HIEROPHANT, "I do it often and they usually get it."

Dreams states, "Actually, you go to the madison with RP'd wounds, they usually go with it JUST
 fine."

Arthur states, "Because my Con is pretty high I get temporary wounds more frequently than long
 lasting ones, I go from being damaged and mechanically being told I can't walk to, you can walk
 with a little bit of pain in the span of an hour, it can be very confusing."

Tomato claims, "Just osay 'the wound healed but I still have a snakey snake bite'"

DrHimbopotamus nods at Arthur.

Konaa says, "Mostly, I just try to keep track of Fynn's scars.  There are a lot"

Leta declares to HIEROPHANT, "RPing non-coded injuries and sickness happens plenty!"

DrHimbopotamus states, "I have this same issue. I got mauled by a bear to half my hp and had no
 coded wounds by the time I got to the Madison. So I just RP'd it! Physicians were very gracious
 about treating it realistically."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "The code is just bonkers, absolutely bonkers."

HIEROPHANT claims, "There is no - communication from the game to the player of how long a wound
 'should' linger.
And yet, it does happen - but if you do not clarify it first, again, the physician is going to
 assume it's a coded injury and look at you first."

Arthur says, "I have had times where I walk into the Madison and my wounds heal right before they
 can even RP back, it can be slightly embarassing haha"

plague states, "I really don't think anyone can be expected to determine how to 'reasonably'
 roleplay the effect of wounds to a vague standard beyond the relatively fast mechanical healing.
 It may simply be my autism speaking but I do really poorly with poorly-defined expectations. "

Tomato says, "I mean I just look up stuff. 'how long does a broken arm take to heal' and then wing
 it"

plague states, "My brain does not function in a way that supports 'your arm will be broken for 1-10
 additional OOC weeks, RP as such'"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "So maybe this is just something that can only be fixed by adjusting the
 code. I am reasonably certain it is not working ideally."

HIEROPHANT says, "I have never broken a bone before. I do not know how long it takes to heal from a
 broken bone. I am not a doctor IRL. I am not confident that I can RP a broken bone for the
 'correct' amount of time."

DrHimbopotamus nods at Tomato.

Clover says, "I concur. Please let your physician know in a tell if we are working with rp wounds
 <3"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "I just google, yeah."

Ruby states, "I would like for wounds to last longer if they're going to be made less impactful as
 we go on "

Solus trails off, "... different types of injuries healing at different rates..."

Clood claims, "I'm built different. My bones heal in 5 minutes"

Solus asks, "Witch?"

HIEROPHANT states, "Okay. Google. But then we're using humour medicine, not modern medicine, and
 people heal at different rates from the same kind of injury."

Arthur claims, "Suffice to say, I am built different, but my horse was not."

Ghed states, "Hm"

Ghed muses to Eurus, "Mate?"

HIEROPHANT says, "So it is an entirely arbitrary judgment, in my mind, of how long is
 'appropriate'."

Ruby claims, "Just rping it is fine but then there's the stress of trying to figure out how long
 you should rp it without being suspicous "

Ghed questions to Eurus, "Feasibility of wounds giving rough estimates of how long till they heal?"

Eurus says, "Its feasible"

plague queries, "Yeah see if the game tells me a good timeframe (maybe adjust it based on people's
 CON?) that's fine"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Well, there are a few other code changes that'd help a ton. Wounds over 10
 percent ought to require treatment."

Viper finishes abruptly, "Time is double timed so - you are healing twice as quickly technically"

HIEROPHANT claims to Ghed, "Consider adding a flavor Affect with an 'appropriate' duration that has
 no mechanical/coded impact. A 'lingering pain' or some such to give you an estimate of how long a
 player is expected to RP their wounds."

Tomato says, "I feel like AT LEAST an irl day is a good amount of time for most wounds"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "No wound should heal same OOC day you get it. Etc."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Because otherwise it is entirely arbitrary."

Tomato states, "Several ooc days for BIG injuries"

Ruby trails off, "Maybe not wounds over 10 percent.... 30 percent maybe "

Ghed claims, "I don't know"

Ruby says, "But getting 40 percent knocked off and not needing treatment at all was weird"

Ghed says, "Okay, the topics' main point was please RP your wounds"

Ghed claims, "We can work out the related stuff at other junctures"

DrHimbopotamus says, "It does sound like that might be trickier for folks than I thought so, so
 yeah, food for thought for code."

HIEROPHANT says to Ghed, "Yes, and my main point in response is how do I determine how long. The
 game does not communicate that. It communicates the opposite."

Ghed states, "It's not straightforward"

HIEROPHANT says, "If you go by the echoes alone, the intuitive answer is 'the game told me I feel
 better, so I feel better'."

Ghed queries to HIEROPHANT, "Just rp while you're wounded and your HP regens back to max, then a
 bit longer than done? is that plausible?"

Ghed says, "And maybe if the wound was egregious then add a scar and other side effects"

Arthur claims, "That works for me and is what I've been doing based on the message in affect."

Temi claims, "We will look at options, but please feel free to ask others their thoughts in the
 mean time if you don't know how to handle it."

Tomato trails off, "In general RP is supposed to trump code in a lot of places, I feel like just
 like... ooc day at minimum"

HIEROPHANT muses to Ghed, "I mean, I understand that, yes. I have been injured - a lot, across
 multiple characters. But from a new player's perspective, I don't know that that is even written
 down anywhere in policy helpfiles?"

Amaranth states, "I would think common sense right? Or a quick google search to see how long
 something takes the average person to heal? But if you break your leg I imagine the point is, you
 won't be doing backflips tomorrow."

Tomato states, "Weird to get knocked out by a bear and then be Fine 4 hours, aka 48 hours in game
 later"

Tomato trails off, "... math... you get my point"

HIEROPHANT claims, "How long it takes to heal from losing a fight is more dependent upon how many
 injury locations were hurt."

Ghed says to HIEROPHANT, "Rping wounds is in help policy twink"

Ghed claims, "But not duration no, you're right there"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Yeah if anything I just wanted to mention, don't take code over logic."

HIEROPHANT muses, "Ah, so not in the healing section?"

HIEROPHANT states, "I once fistfought a bear (and won) but the bear hit me in every single wound
 location, so every injury was superficial."

Ghed claims, "I'll reread help healing later"

Ghed claims, "Lol"

Konaa queries, "It's a strange thing to think about.  The player characters are meant to be notably
 skilled among the masses (if they want to be, right?)  So it's good to get a reminder to take
 logic into account along with code"

Ghed says, "Okay, we need to move on"

Dreams states, "I generally have judged it this way - you get your ass whooped and end up dropped
 in the Madison by code, going to take a few OOC days to get yourself back on your feet. You get a
 stubbed toe, you're gonna hobble, but are fine. You get a bleeding wound, takes a while to heal.
 We all know that. Anything we're uncertain about, google is your friend."

Arthur says, "Well my character isn't a physician, he doesn't understand his wounds, all he knows
 is "I feel better", "I don't feel like my injuries hurty anymore" alright I'll stop there."

Leta states, "help injury says: Given prompt treatment and care your PC's wounds will heal faster
 than is logically reasonable, so do RP lingering aftereffects in line with a realistic timeline,
 such as IC weeks rather than days for broken bones to heal."

Ghed pontificates, "Yeah! thanks, Leta"

Ghed smiles.

Tomato trails off, "I drowned in the Bren and then asked for a cold because I didn't get treatment,
 things like that... "

Ghed nods.

HIEROPHANT says to Leta, "Right, which has the vagueness issue."

Tomato says, "I think we're circling here, anyways"

Ghed nods.

Ghed claims to Tomato, "You're next mate, though"

Tomato says, "Mine is real small--just lately I've been seeing a lot of friction IC and OOC about
 the 'knights vs other combatant' things, I'd like to request that we make some sort of official
 helpfile for the entirety of the game and perhaps an order specific one with more details--because
 theme wise, the reason why KNIGHTS are able to fight demons, magic etc is because they have
 special conditioning, training, prayers done with/over them etc etc etc

However due to obvious player constraints, other parties such as reeves are commonly backup. And it
 causes issues with friction--I'd like to request these helpfiles so we can reference it when
 needed, and also to support RP where the PCs (who are exceptions to the VNPC norm) get that sort
 of RP if desired, and can reference it in RP to explain the reason why THEY can fight.

This would work well for informing new players, also, such as when someone joins the knights and
 there isn't a really easy answer for 'why can't the Reeves help'. Having a helpfile to point
 newbies to, with more details for Orderites specifically I feel like would benefit the game a lot."

Konaa says, "This has been on my mind, as a Reeve player, so thank you for bringing it up"

Tomato claims, "I feel like Order turnover, maybe some of these details were lost, and if we make
 it a helpfile, it would fix that a lot"

DrHimbopotamus says, "I like this idea in concept though I am unsure of how far we want to go with
 it thematically."

Ruby questions, "Does this work in reverse as well i.e. Knights backing up Reeves in mundane cases?"

HIEROPHANT says, "That whole - topic - speaks to a degree of separation between the IC expectations
 the system and setting have and the OOC reality of player population. "

DrHimbopotamus states, "May tie into a few months ago where somebody - maybe you, Tomato? -
 discussed giving priests blessings that matter, etc."

Tomato states, "Knights backing up Reeves is not a theme issue, they can do whatever they want"

plague says, "It has occurred before and will doubtlessly occur again, @ruby. Cooking up an opinion
 here as a local crimer"

Ruby queries, "Because let's say a grey cloak attacks a priest, it would make sense for a Knight to
 defend them instead of calling the Reeves?"

Tomato says, "But TECHNICALLY per THEME anyone who ISNT a knight SHOULD NOT be fighting demons
 magic etc because of TAINT"

DrHimbopotamus claims to Tomato, "Big, big disagree on that being thematic, btw."

Ghed wonders to Leta, "Me get this straight: you are requesting a helpfile clarifying whether
 reeves can help knights?"

Leta queries, "Hm?"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "But whether or not it is should be defined."

Ghed says, "That was for tomato lol"

Leta grins.

Amaranth says, "I think it's more than just Reeves assisting Knights."

Tomato says, "A helpfile specifically explaining why Knights Specifically are allowed to engage in
 activity that would taint the normal citizen, also explaining why we occasionally make allowances
 for non-knights to assist"

Ghed nods.

Tomato says, "Obviously Reeves who are commonly called upon WOULD get this
 conditioning/prayer/special cleansing"

DrHimbopotamus states, "Really strongly want to push back against 'fighting magic makes you
 tainted' bit, but."

Ghed claims, "Yeah going to fight a demon as a non knight, strictly in theme, means you're insane,
 a witch, or don't care about the Order"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Agreed with the rest."

Konaa states, "I think we were all just still in Wasting-brain mode, where things were a bit more
 relaxed because of the emergency"

Leta nods.

Tomato states, "So having a helpfile to point to to make IC sense of the fact that we DO make OOC
 concessions occasionally would clear up friction"

Ghed claims, "Staff plots are always a bit looser on these things"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

DrHimbopotamus states, "Staff plots being looser is... a problem."

HIEROPHANT states, "This is a larger issue than just Knights and Reeves; I see this as a part of -
 It is an issue of player population. If a mage goes and Does Shenanigans and there are no Knights
 online at the time to respond, it creates an issue where whoever -is- online is placed in a no-win
 situation"

Leta states, "It's tricky to transition from 'All hands on deck IC + OOC for inclusion's sake' to
 'normal status quo'"

plague states, "I pretty much see this as 'People playing the game and interacting with the story
 presented to them'. I think the Order or anyone else responding to the Reeves or anyone else
 defending against a magical assault when we have less than a handful of active Knights is
 genuinely damaging to the game on a level that goes beyond the bounds of IC opinion."

plague states, "I say this as the guy who would get mobbed by 10 people."

plague states, "I seriously think it's the lamest thing in the world."

Amaranth says, "Hey sometimes you just simply don't win though. You can take an L occasionally and
 it will be fine. I promise."

Ghed states, "I'll think on it, I still don't like everyone suddenly donning steel plate and
 damascus weapons to gang up on a demon"

Ghed claims, "Because we do hold back on demon power, and a LOT"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Yeah, I... think we need SOME sort of allowance for the idea that "you do not
 have to let people die because to step in would be a heretic", while also allowing for "but
 obviously this is a Knight's job"."

Ruby claims, "I do think there should be a noted difference on proactive and reactive demon
 fighting"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "And something that is less... disjointed between staff plots and normal RP."

DrHimbopotamus nods at Ruby.

Leta nods at Ruby.

HIEROPHANT claims, "Going out and hunting them down is different from defending yourself."

Ruby claims, "Going to seek out a demon to fight vs Oh my god people are dying help "

Ghed claims, "Agreed"

Ghed says, "That's a fair point"

Tomato claims, "Definitely but thats an IC problem, my topic is about the OOC dissonance stemming
 from 'we dont have that many knights'"

Ruby claims, "I think it would be good to mention in the helpfile"

Ghed states to plague, "And yes, we can't expect people to ignore a direct threat against them when
 there're no or just 1 knight on grid"

Ghed nods at Tomato.

DrHimbopotamus claims, "ICly we should probably have a lot fewer Knights than Reeves too."

Viper claims, "Nothing ever happens while I am online. "

Clood trails off, "There are... 2 active knights, and now 2 active Pages"

Ghed nods at DrHimbopotamus.

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Longer tougher training."

Tomato asks, "Why does the Super Reeve get to help? She's been given Special Knight Conditioning on
 a temporary basis"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Things happen and if you are the one who is there and is nearby and -you have a
 pointy stick to stab with- I do not think there should be a strong negative response. Because if
 you are there and nearby and -could- help and -do not- that is just as bad as running in, socially.
Forcing people to choose between 'be seen as a coward' and 'be seen as a heretic' is not a fun
 situation."

DrHimbopotamus says, "So that helps."

Ghed states, "Fleeing from a mage or a demon should never be seen as cowardice"

Ghed claims, "You're running for your very soul"

Tomato says, "That would also then support more RP in that vein--said Super Reeve getting Special
 Knight Conditioning if the knights/priests wish to engage in that"

Arthur muses, "Aw shit they can take my soul?"

DrHimbopotamus asks, "Does maybe everybody agree 'reactive is fine in most circumstances, but never
 expected of anybody because this is Bad Shit; proactive is always bad, unless explicitly
 exempted'?"

Amaranth states, "Actually, I do not."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "'And it's because Knights Have Special Training', blah blah."

plague states, "To address the overarching situation as it is, for reasons nobody can control
 including the Reeves, the Knights, or the Crimers, the Reeves have been absolutely necessary to
 defend against every serious threat that has happened for the past several months. The PCs in
 question face an OOCly dubious Catch 22 of 'allow what Davism calls evil to win' and 'catch IC
 heat from the Order'. This contributes HEAVILY to the problem of the Order being massively
 unpopular, even, I would go so far as to say."

plague says, "It makes people feel like the Order both cannot handle threats and hates you for
 dealing with them."

Ghed hmmms

Konaa claims, "I've determined at least that to keep to theme I should probably focus on evacuating
 people unless I get permission from an Order GL to be involved"

Arthur claims, "I will say from a purely mechanical POV my special training has been essentially
 the same training as a Reeve would get so far, so I can see the disconnect that happens here."

plague claims, "It's better for everyone that people loosen the standard a bit and use a little
 suspension of disbelief, imo."

Leta says, "I do agree that it makes people hate the Order and feel they're incompetent. I don't
 agree that the solution is to allow everyone to fight THE BIG BAD"

Tomato states, "That is an overaching issue, so having the IC reasoning to point to to 'these PCs
 are the exception' with supporting roleplay would ease some of that issue"

Clood says, "There should be more 'holistic' RP activities in the Knights, to be fair"

Leta nods at Konaa.

Ghed nods at Leta.

HIEROPHANT questions to Ghed, "The situation I would like to add onto this topic, as it is related
 - is what do you do when mage things occur and there are no PC Knights to call for?"

DrHimbopotamus states, "Sorry Amaranth, not trying to speak for everyone, just thought it was the
 trending mood."

Amaranth queries, "If everyone with a pointy stick fights the big bad guys, what is the point of
 having Knights?"

plague wonders, "Is there another solution, though?"

Tomato states, "So that the Order can still designate WHO gets the Special Dispensation, like how
 Merchants can say certain PCs can still sell things"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Because IC there should be NPC/vNPC Knights that'd respond. PC Knights are not
 the only ones to exist, that is a smallworlding issue."

Ghed states to plague, "You make good points. I do ask that people consider that, separaately,
 proactively seeking to fight the taint is problematic"

DrHimbopotamus says, "I think part of what makes this messy is that it USED to be there were tons
 of evil mages for Knights to chase."

Ghed states, "Strictly reactive stuff is fine"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "So Knights had TONS of stuff to do."

Ghed says, "And tons of knights"

DrHimbopotamus muses to Ghed, "Not unrelated, right?"

HIEROPHANT says, "The game USED to be a lot more immediately lethal, in general, from what I'm
 told."

Amaranth claims, "I could see evacuating people from situations, that is fine. However if a demon
 pops up and starts being weird citizens shouldn't even KNOW how to fight one."

plague finishes abruptly, "I agree that proactively seeking to fight the taint in cases where it's
 unnecessary is probably a bad idea - a Bard with a Metaphorical Gun should not run off to Hunt
 Zombies when the immediate threat is over"

Arthur states, "I think once blessings and things of the sort start to return to the Order it will
 make more sense why they fight instead of the general masses."

DrHimbopotamus states, "The tricky thing is you fight demons the same way you fight everything
 else."

Viper says, "It was - to be fair I have been rather lenient."

Ghed says, "We had some elite fighter mages who were rather light on pkill"
Ghed nods at plague.

Viper states, "Because OOCly I love you mages and evil doers"

HIEROPHANT states, "Love you too buddy"

Konaa claims, "I also admittedly was not thinking very well because it was 2 AM, lol.  I need to
 start logging off earlier"

Ghed states, "It's also true that demons rarely give real harm, and we're changing that"

Ghed claims, "We're slowly rolling in The Bad Stuff"

Ghed claims, "Like erasing your face"

Clood states, "Oh"

Konaa says, "Damn, I need that"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Making demons have threats that only Knights/Orderites know about it is an
 awesome fix for some of this."

Viper claims, "Oh boy"

Arthur stares at Ghed 

Ghed muses to Konaa, "It'd app up?"

HIEROPHANT says, "Can we get some Cenobite types in. That'd be great."

Viper questions, "Isn?t that an old spell though?"

Konaa claims, "H-hey"

Ruby trails off, "You opened the box..."

Tomato says, "I really do feel like 'The Order can designate certain exemplary people, such as the
 PCs (who are the exception to the VNPC norm) who they lean upon, and no one else' fixes this
 problem"

Paprika states, "To be honest, I've been here for seven months and this was the first time I
 realized that only knights were supposed to fight demons and mages."

DrHimbopotamus says to Tomato, "It fixes it when the Order -does- designate them in advance."

Ghed claims to Tomato, "Hard pass, join the order instead. I get the reasoning, but just no, I
 don't want to water the Order down"

plague states, "Thank you for acknowledging my opinions and points here, I feel very strongly about
 it as someone who makes these things happen. I like to be able to provide hostile or tense RP to
 more than 3 people"

Amaranth claims, "I don't want to give ANYONE special privileges though. If you want to be a
 knight, join the knights."

DrHimbopotamus says, "But when it's 2 am and nobody's on and people're dying- yeah."

Clood muses, "What did you think the Knights were for, Paprika?"

plague claims, "'Join the Knights' is not a solution in a world where we have seen for years that
 the Knights will have lowpop."

Ghed claims to plague, "It's a fair and welcomed point of view"

Ruby asks, "Didn't the Order designate like 10 people to come with to fight in the Wasting plot? "

Tomato states, "People will continue to make non-knight characters if they do not want to be a
 knight, but the Order has CONTINUALLY been leaning on the Reeves  and that is making the issue
 worse"

HIEROPHANT claims, "I just don't want to create an environment in which the incentive by the
 situation when bad things happen - is to log out."

DrHimbopotamus states, "I'd like to think there's some compromise that preserves primacy in RP for
 KNights but doesn't cut people out entirely."

Paprika states, "I thought they were just elite holy warriors who were rped differently"

plague claims, "It doesn't magically happen because we want it to."

Tomato says, "Having an Order-ordained reason to point to to explain why that continues to happen,
 because it WILL continue to happen, will ease the friction over this theme issue"

Ghed states, "It's also because some mages have historically only acted when knights are offline,
 too =3"

Ghed claims, "Not anyone currently playing"

Viper twiddles fingers.

Ghed states, "But oh boy it's been a thing in the past"

Tomato states, "That's technically against policy and if we think that is an issue that should be a
 policy case"

Ghed states, "It was"

Arthur says, "I can attest with my poor feet it didn't happen like that this time."

Ruby claims, "So what I'm hearing is I should be a Knight"
Leta grins at Ruby.

Arthur says OOCly, "Hell yeah Ruby"

Clood states, "More Lady Knights... I'm surrounded by sausage."

Ghed states, "I'll draft a maybe helpfile"

Viper claims, "We have room for ya"

Ghed says to Ruby, "And you are the last topic, sorry it took so late"

Ruby states, "Sorry Clood I don't alt so more sausage fest"

Clood dies
Solus is idle.

plague states, "The reality we tend to deal with is that there are few PC Knights, few PC
 Inquisitor, few PC Priests, and people tend to have lives. Because these people can't be around
 all the time, it's a good thing for us to adjust our expectations accordingly - and avoid both
 'Knights don't exist, Order bad' and 'How dare you... roleplay at magic instead of leaving the
 scene immediately'. That's my feels."

Ghed wonders to Ruby, "Mate?="

Ruby wonders, "Ok this is a quick one but mercantilism grandmaster is supposed to have something
 special or so I've been told. I thought it was detecting magical items but apparently that's
 something you can do with it as a Master slot. I thought it would be better haggling but I've
 gotten 'haggles' with no discount.

I know it might want to be hidden but I've had it for months now and still have not figured out
 what it does which is... really bad? Is this intended? Am I going crazy? What is the solution
 here, if there isn't any reason to grand master it?"

Leta says, "This might not be something to discuss in OOC meeting"

Dreams queries, "Haggle is paired with charisma, I think?"

Ghed states, "Uhm, if it's a secret then don't ask it here"

Leta says, "Since some of these abilities are supposed to be secrets"

Ruby queries, "Is it a secret?"

Leta states, "But let me send you a tell"

Tomato states, "I wasn't aware there were secret bonuses for GM"

HIEROPHANT states, "There are several skills that have no GM benefit."

Arthur claims, "I had no idea you could detect magic items with merc so yeah, sort of a secret."

Ghed sews his lips

Tomato states, "All my GMs are instruments lmfao that might be why I never know"

Ruby says, "I remember being told there was a GM benefit which is why I was confused. "

HIEROPHANT says, "But now I don't know if the ones I know about that do, are secret, so I won't
 mention it other than that some skills do."

Viper doesn?t say nuffin.

Paprika declaims, "At grandmaster cooking, I can cook a pig. Woot woot!"

Ghed says, "Don't ask about secrets here as a general rule =)"

Ghed states, "No harm done"

Ruby queries, "Why is there some secret GM benefits? "

HIEROPHANT claims, "I don't think 'there is value in GMing skills' is bad to say here, probably."

Ghed says to Paprika, "Actually I had Temi add that for me =3"

Ghed claims, "As in, humbly threw myself at her feet"

Ghed states, "And begged"

Ghed says, "I think it was my milestone"

Leta says to Ruby, "I'll send you a tell"

Dreams says, "GM cooking, it says your foods is made by a GM. I like that."

DrHimbopotamus says, "I do think sometimes TI makes too many things secret."

HIEROPHANT says, "Do we have a turduckhen recipe."

HIEROPHANT claims, "It is not a modern concept and I can prove it."

Paprika grins.

Ghed says to DrHimbopotamus, "The number of secrets is a secret"

Ilena claims, "More GM things IS cool, though."

Ruby states, "Thank you Leta."

DrHimbopotamus states to Ghed, "IT'S TOO MANY."

DrHimbopotamus states, "Also yes please"

Konaa says, "I mostly think more skills should have GM benefits, not that we should know them"

Konaa says, "That's my take"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Give GM ride a benefit so I'm less stupid for having GM'd it"

Ruby claims, "I feel like GM certain skills as a secret is... bad."

Eurus claims, "Theres also a lot of 'secrets' that is just lacking documentation or 'this was made
 so long ago nobody bothered to really check what it does'"

Viper says, "Or sneak in hidden champion skills"

Ghed says, "GM swimming turns you into Zohan"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Thank you"
Eurus says, "So feel free to ask for clarification"

DrHimbopotamus nods at Eurus.

Dreams claims, "I did have a topic, if it isn't too late? Understand it is. I mentioned it too
 late."

Arthur says, "I still don't know what GM Foraging does but I'll find out."

Ghed nods at Eurus.

Konaa states to Eurus, "Shoved in the code-closet in the back"

Ghed trails off, "The undocumented, archeo-tech part of TI is... vast"

Ghed claims, "Anyways we're out of time"

Ghed states, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for
 meaningful RP =)"

Dreams says, "Alrighty"

Konaa claims, "Thanks for your time, everyone"

Eurus states, "The things I've seen in there haunt me"

HIEROPHANT claims, "I have been digging up lost relics of the codebase at least once a month it
 seems."

Clood waves!

Ghed states, "Oh oh oh Dreams you had a topic"

Ghed says, "I'm so sorry, we ran out of time, I didn't see you"

Clood takes back their wave.

Ghed asks, "Do you wanna post it in the forums, or discuss it with me, or save it for next weekend?"

Dreams claims, "Not even sure if this is reasonable. We have emote of course, and jmote for places
 and join spots. I wondered if we could get gmote - which would be emoting that is seen within a
 grouped set of individuals. Would be nice when RPing while walking down the street, etc. Or
 spooping through the sewers, and murmuring to those who are grouped closely enough to hear without
 assuming everything is heard just because they pass by someone, or someone happens to pop into the
 room - wouldn't necessarily hear something murmured or whispered."

Dreams claims, "There it is, quick and dirty. We can discuss later."

Ghed claims, "I don't get it, but I'd love to discuss it later"

Ghed claims, "I'm tired though, it's on me"

Temi claims, "I'd lean towards not."

Ghed states to Dreams, "Thanks for your patience and not getting mad at me"

Tomato says, "Sounds a bit easy to abuse and be exclusive with tbh"

Dreams says to Ghed, "I never get mad at you. Pfft."

HIEROPHANT asks, "The only concern I have is people using it to communicate between rooms?"

Ghed questions, "Okay, I'm sending you all back, there's a council meeting later tonight? and a
 party tomorrow?"

Clood trails off, "Party..."

Dreams says, "Council, yes."

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drives in 3..."

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Ghed trails off, "1..."

• Information