Log of OOC 2023-05-13

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue May 16, 2023 8:14 pm

Ghed queries, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Ghed states, "Delana can't scribe bc she's, well, ICly dead"

Ghed tsk tsk

Solus claims, "I will have something to mention, although I think it's probably a bug and should go up on the bug board."

Ikeala claims, "I can help scribe if no one else can."

Ghed exclaims, "I need a scribe!"

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Ghed states to Solus, "Excellent, we'll go through a few steps =3"

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

DrHimbopotamus states, "YES SPRING AWAKENING SWAG"

Dragor states, "Pfft."

Dragor claims, "Calm down."

Dreams states to DrHimbopotamus, "Matches your name, too."

Ghed says, "I've been doing mostly a lot of player requests this week, some typos, handling some old phomes, and lots of recommends"

Ghed states, "Also been giving some direction to Eurus-san on some improvements and buggies"

Ruby asks, "Eurus-san? Eastern nation confirmed?"

Konaa says, "He's just being respectful"

Ghed states, "That's it from me, but he's been doing lots of little things"

DrHimbopotamus muses, "God what were they called. Tsu... Tsuh... bwuh?"

Temi claims, "There is infact Eastern nations in real life, where staffers live."

Ghed claims, "Uwu don't judge me"
Temi grins.

Temi states, "We're OOC beings, I'm afraid."

Ruby states, "Tsundere nation."

Ghed asks of Temi, "What about you?"

DrHimbopotamus states to Ruby, "No that's u"

Dreams says, "Blasphemy. You exist only in the world of endless text."

Temi claims, "I put together some final wrap-up options for the council folks to discuss this weekend"

Ghed says, "Excellent"

Temi states, "If you're interested in being involved, please make sure the people in the know know that"

Temi states, "We'll finalize a decision early next week and start looking at the results"

Temi says, "Other than, just trying to help keep up with requests and recommends."
Temi nods at Ghed.

Ghed states, "That's gonna shift the balance of power in the kingdom"

Ghed claims, "If you wanna benefit some faction then you wanna sink your hooks into this"

Dreams claims, "No pressure."
Temi nods in agreement.
Ghed nods.

Ghed states, "Leta has been doing some code thingies too! because she's learning how to. She's been doing little fixes left and right like pregnancy countdown timers"

Dreams queries, "Oh, that's been off for a while. What fix was made?"

Ghed says, "The 'does pregnancy show when you look at the room' vs 'actual pregnancy countdown' was slightly off"

Ghed says, "Nothing big"

Ghed exclaims, "Anyways! let's move on"

Ghed questions, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Konaa claims, "Oh y'know, pretty normal."

Paprika declaims, "Busy with Spring Awakening prep!"

Kalana claims, "It's been pretty good for me"

Dragor states, "Uhm"

RamblingSeert claims, "I saw a bird. It was pretty. That is all."

Dragor trails off, "I have been playing Terra Invicta way too much..."

Ruby states, "It's been alright. "

DrHimbopotamus states, "F-fine. Fine. Ha ha ha ha ha."

Sue muses, "It's been a good week, hey Ghed, did you know submitting multiple items to a plot adds an individual line to each item?"

Sue says, "I didn't haha"

Solus trails off, "It's been pretty good. Lots of... lots of production..."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Everything. is. Fine."

Ruby says, "Trying not to drown under the stress of being a guild leader."

Tomato trails off, "Its been... its been fun"
Ghed claims to Sue, "Oh no, yes I know and I hate it"

Dreams says, "I know from submitting 50 arrows once. It was quite the plot."
Ghed states to Sue, "It's why I always ask people to contribute crates with items inside"

Sue states, "Sorry about those 350 lines"

DrHimbopotamus states, "Loooool"

Konaa states, "I admit freely and fully I do not 100 percent know what I'm doing, but let's see where the train tracks get to"

Ikeala states, "I've had a few interesting scenes this week."

Temi states, "You can contribute a single box that contains other things"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Anyway my character's going insane and I'm having a great time, so, yeah."

Sue trails off, "Now I know for next time..."

Dragor says, "Insanity woo"

Ruby trails off, "Oh yeah I am terrified of plots so that's fun, I need to figure out when to submit things..."

Ruby says, "The POLCA scares me. "

Ghed says, "I can walk you through it 1-1 at some point"

Dreams says, "It is intimidating at first, but eventually after you've done one or two, it'll become easier."

Ruby claims, "Thanks that would be helpful."

Ruby says, "Also I hit 500 hours this week yipee."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Niiiiice."

Ghed exclaims, "Congrats!"

Ghed questions, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Konaa says, "Just the usual realization that this game is huge and old and is gonna take time to get used to"

Ruby muses, "Is there any way that recommend list can have a command that just shows the last 5? "
Ghed claims to Ruby, "We can petition the coder gods"
Ghed claims to Konaa, "Dude you've no idea, I'm a newbie compared to some of our newer players"

Ghed points at HIEROPHANT

HIEROPHANT claims, "HUH"

Dreams states, "You mean older players. Older. That have been here FOREVER."

Temi says, "I assume the code would not be too crazy"

Ghed states, "No I mean newer"

Konaa says, "Hah yeah he really does seem to have it on lock, dude eats up systems"

Ghed claims, "That already know more than me"

Dreams states, "Stinkin' someone has logs of me from original TI."
Temi grins.

Temi claims, "You definitely have your own areas of expertise"

Dreams claims, "And TI2. Not pointing fingers. This time."

Ghed questions, "But it looks like the crap is not here today hm?"

HIEROPHANT pontificates, "I don't know more than anyone, I'm just willing to test and poke and prod everything I interact with!"

Sue states, "I am the law"

Ruby muses, "Wait this is TI3? Was TI1 just paling around with Dav?"

HIEROPHANT says, "This sometimes has very silly results."
HIEROPHANT trails off to Temi, "I never did find that snake..."
Ghed claims to Ruby, "Literally yes"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Ti1 was a very silly place"

Dreams claims, "Kind of? TI-L is the 3rd thingie."
Ghed states to DrHimbopotamus, "I can only imagine"

Solus states, "This is the true deep lore."
Dreams claims to DrHimbopotamus, "Giving yourself away. But, yes. Yes, it was."

Temi states, "Sort of the 4th too."

DrHimbopotamus states, "Technically you could call us TI-4 if you wished to split hairs."
DrHimbopotamus grins at Temi.

Ghed states, "Heh"

RamblingSeert claims, "Man can you imagine the early early TI drama, comparing some of the stuff we've seen lately? Don't answer that."

Ghed states, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Konaa states, "Oh geez, game history. someday I'll get the full story out of someone"

Ghed trails off, "I have... 1 reegistered topic I think"
Temi states to HIEROPHANT, "Well, missing snakes is a problem."
DrHimbopotamus says to RamblingSeert, "They nailed me to the pyre by my earlobes once"
Ghed queries to Ikeala, "You had a topic?"

RamblingSeert sips

Ikeala claims, "Ah, so like looking through cnotes - the inability to search your secrets list can get real boggy."

Dreams claims, "My character got murdered in a hole by her husband. Ironically, I made a character with that same name in TI-L, also got murdered. Figured I'd be safe with almost 20 years between, but no. I'll, uh. Never use that name again."

Caliban says, "Murder runs in the family."

Ikeala claims, "So basically a request for considering a way to search your secrets list by keyword or something of the like."

Dreams defers to Ikeala.

Dragor says, "Yes, PLEASE."

Ghed claims, "Yeah that's always bugged me"

Ghed trails off, "I mean I did get Eurus... or Salem... to let us share secrets by direction rather than number"

Dreams claims, "Oh, thank goodness."

Ghed says, "Oh yeah it's neat"

HIEROPHANT muses, "If a search doesn't work, maybe a way to add notes to secrets, similar to remember notes?"

Ikeala says, "True but in RP you can be describing something to someone but not in the place in question."

Ghed says, "Fair fair"

Ghed claims, "I'll add it to the list, I think it'd be neat but of course, low priority"

Ikeala states, "Also that it saves the entire sdesc of someone showing you a secret is a cry for covert types but that's secondary."

HIEROPHANT says, "Mercifully, it saves their cloaked sdesc."

Dreams claims, "If they are, yes that."

Ikeala claims, "Yes but if they are cloaked and masked it makes every entry take up two lines. And with no search function. Ooooft."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Oh. Yes. There is that. Oogh."

Ghed states, "Fair fair"

Ghed claims, "Perhaps even add the vnum for convenience"

Ghed declaims, "Alright!"

Ghed hammers the hammer-thingy, "Approved"

Ghed wonders, "Any other topics?"

Temi looks around curiously.

Ghed exclaims, "Alright! If that's the case I can send you home"

Ghed says, "Unless anyone wants to bring up anything"

Ghed claims, "(TI related)"

DrHimbopotamus muses, "Uh, one tiny thing, ever gonna be any way to check who we've recommended?"

Sue says, "UHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh"

Solus claims, "I've been told my stuff's probably a bug, but I would like to beseech in fear and sobbing that we look at how many medicines contain floleaf."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "I like to write really long recs so I never do them immediately and then I have no idea who I've rec'd for what."

Temi states, "I think one of the things Eurus was looking at was a sent recommend list"
Ghed states to DrHimbopotamus, "I've no idea, it'd be neat, but our backlog is decades-old"
DrHimbopotamus nods.
Ghed states to Temi, "Is that so, jeez I need to read more staff notes"

Tomato claims, "Floleaf is an extremely common ingredient, to be fair"

DrHimbopotamus claims, "This is one that'd be a HUGE contributor for me at least. I think other people are more responsible human beings than I am though"

Temi claims, "It was requested several times at OOC chats so he was going to see how possible it was at least"
Ghed nods.

Ghed claims, "I admit I've always kinda low-key wanted that"

Temi wonders, "And yeah, I don't see the problem with floleaf?"

Solus states, "It's probably a circumstantial thing. The Physicians got hit with a... massive request for stuff."

Tomato trails off, "If you need it ICly put a job posting up or a rumor, I have like... 50 in my kitchen"

Ghed states, "Many players have collectively many hundreds of it"

Solus queries, "I'm gonna have to start a rumor, because we've made like. 200 items? Maybe? In the past two days?"

Ghed claims, "The famine plot proved just how much flour was floating around grid"

Temi says, "I think making it hard to make 200 items is entirely ICly reasonable"
Ghed nods.

Sue says, "Not a topic but I would like to apologize to all staff who check plot 2102 going forward, forgive me."

Ghed says to Sue, "Oh goodness, okay"

Dreams says, "I think the war plots are having a lot of guilds make a lot of stuff. Including physicians. In fact, I know physicians."

Tomato states, "Yeah I would be happy to be paid to get rid of my floleaf i have Too Much"

Sue claims, "The Wall (what) The Wall (what) The Wall (what) No one on Earth can make it fall"

Konaa says, "Oh my god."

Temi claims, "I'm scared to look"

Yinadele says, "I started sending the merchants to go make one hell of a shipment, maybe getting more going would be good."

Yinadele claims, "Oh, temi."

Yinadele trails off, "Oh, temi....."

Yinadele says, "Look inside."

Sue says, "The Wall (what) The Wall (what) The Wall (what) No one on Earth can make it fall"
DrHimbopotamus states to Yinadele, "Is it too late to mail you about the plot stuff"

Ghed says, "And we're the jagers"

Yinadele pontificates, "Almost, but no!"

RamblingSeert siiiips

Yinadele says, "I had one small topic"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Hell yeah I'll take 'almost', thanks"

Yinadele says, "Like a prior topic, actually, this is about a list command. It's the project list! It'd be nice if the default of project list could just show currently active/recent projects, and ideally, what metrics are still boosted by a project."
Dreams muses to Yinadele, "We'll be talking about it today, right?"

Yinadele declaims, "Yep!"
Dreams nods.

DrHimbopotamus says, "Oh, god, yes, project list is terrifying."
Ghed states to Yinadele, "I'd be so grateful if that was a thing"
Dreams states to DrHimbopotamus, "Today."

DrHimbopotamus says to Dreams, "Sweet. Okay."

HIEROPHANT says, "Oh. Yes. I would very much appreciate transparency regarding projects and metrics. Mostly so I can stop pestering staff about it."

Ikeala queries, "Talking about the plot wrapup does that mean the donation fellows are disappearing soon as well?"

Temi says, "Probably, yes, though we can leave it going a bit longer if appropriate."

Ghed claims, "Projects and metrics are fairly simple"

Ghed states, "But we aren't going to reveal every little number, to prevent gaming the system"

Temi wonders, "I'm not sure what specific transparency is needed?"

HIEROPHANT queries, "Not the numbers, but if a project is boosting a metric by a whole scale or more, can we maybe have that indicated?"

Konaa says, "Getting jumped up to my current position has let me look at some new numbies and it does good things to my brain"

Ghed claims, "Else people stack up modifiers, produce a c-c-c-combo of Infrastructure and advance from the Medieval Age to the Soviet Union"

Konaa says, "Not quite that kind of game, huh"

Sue questions, "INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION?"

Sue wonders, "GUNPOWDER?"

Ghed says, "All projects boost metrics by at least 1 scale, yes"

Sue says, "Shoot wizard head"

Temi says, "The rough impact should be included, I think"

Dreams wonders, "I think it is?"

Caliban says, "To be fair, gunpowder was around in the 1200s."

Ghed states, "It's included when you're creating one"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Projects make the city report summary not match the actual up/down increases in the list, which makes it possible to figure out which project is affecting what by working backwards, but... As there are now execution-bonuses to piety and lawfulness, what is increasing what can be more confusing."

Ghed states, "That's, rather than transparency, just that we need to update entire subsystems"

Ghed claims, "Like in some cases even staff scratches its collective head"

HIEROPHANT states, "Even if it's just a little [P] next to the metric to say "a project is affecting this" would be fine I think."

Temi asks, "So the question is which metrics are being effected by an old project on the city report?"

HIEROPHANT says, "It's not a question so much as a request for more clarity in the city report menu, on my part."

Tomato wonders, "The project list tells us when something is active, doesn't it?"

Dreams states, "It does."

Tomato says, "So there shouldn't be for example, anything affecting metrics at this moment"

HIEROPHANT claims, "It does, but there's some guesswork in determining its impact."

HIEROPHANT says, "Which is fine, it's just unintuitive."

Tomato says, "Project review should let you see how big of a project they are doing, I think"
HIEROPHANT states to Ghed, "If even staff aren't certain why the metrics are the way they are I think that is a problem."

Ghed says, "In some cases, but it's not common"

Ghed asks, "Anyways, I think we are mostlyyyy done here?"

Konaa says, "Oh yeah. I have an unimportant question, what items actually make the ] and ] appear, I haven't seen it in game yet"

Konaa claims, "Er. The R and K"

Dragor says, "Actually, I have a topic. No wait, I lied. I am just very tired."

Ghed claims, "If I remmeber correctly, reeve cloaks and knight spurs"

Ghed says, "But like, bought in the guild shop not player made"

HIEROPHANT claims, "You can use {'s to type [ in dialogue, by the way."

Sue trails off, "Mine is player made........ sob........"

Konaa finishes abruptly, "I don't know that I've seen it on Reeve cloaks yet, and I just inducted a new one - maybe he wasn't wearing it and I didn't notice"

Jiraiya queries, "Is there a way to flag player made ones?"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Such as {[."

Ghed says, "Same as troubadour scepters from the gshop allow them to skip race-quarter blocks"
Ghed states to Jiraiya, "I don't think so"

Sue says, "Yeah we had a cadet with a new cloak but he didn't have the tag"

Temi claims, "We can take a look and discuss if there's something we can adjust there"
DrHimbopotamus claims to Ghed, "What."

DrHimbopotamus stares at nothing.
HIEROPHANT says to Ghed, "This is why I was hoping they'd be embellishment items as well, so that people could tack a badge onto their uniform or outfit, similar to prestigious jewels."

DrHimbopotamus claims, "Oh that's brilliant."

Temi says, "Not sure how it's set up so we'll double check"
Ghed says to DrHimbopotamus, "Yeah I scripted in a long time ago, one of my first measures as staffer"

Ghed states, "The bard has to be oppified, very important"

HIEROPHANT states, "You, er. Wouldn't be able to hand in your badge when you get fired. You'd have to hand in your whole cloak or your pants or whatever you put it on. But that's fine."

Konaa states, "Gotcha, just wanted to report in"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Well, time to actually write a masterwork."

Ghed claims, "It does not work if either is false: is oppified, has the gshop scepter"
Ghed nods at HIEROPHANT.

Ghed states, "Lol"

DrHimbopotamus states, "Just twenty pages of poems you can't read because of all the tears, done."
Temi grins.

Solus states, "Just make a painting out of your tears."

HIEROPHANT trails off, "Himbo's Lament..."

Solus says, "Use them as the water for your watercolor."

Ghed sagenods

Tomato says, "I will accept this masterwork"

Tomato claims, "'The tears are a reference to the Springs.' We create modern art in TI"

Jackassaurus says, "Make copies I will hang one in my office"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Me too."

DrHimbopotamus states, "Don't worry there are enough tears for all of you"

DrHimbopotamus says, "Watercolor with tears kind of metal, will consider this"

Tomato trails off, "'oppify Himbopotamous'..."

Ghed states, "Alright folks, lol, I think we're ready to head back"
Kalana waves.

Tomato states, "Yeah I think we went off the rails"

Ghed states, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Ghed says, "Please remember to cnote stuff."

Ghed claims, "Else I'll make winter last forever"

DrHimbopotamus states, "NEXT PLOT WINTER FOREVER"
Dreams claims to Ghed, "Mage."

Paprika declares, "Nooooo!"

Kalana states, "This seems like a targeted attack on Fariners."

Konaa states, "The heat of the pyre is all we need"

Solus says, "I wanna see winter forever."

Solus claims, "Don't TEMPT us like that."

Jiraiya queries, "Is this a Frozen reference?"

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Ghed doesn't have to do it. I'll do it for him."