Log of OOC Meeting 2023-05-06

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat May 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Ghed questions, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Temi gives a large pigeon pie branded across the top with a pair of Vs to Dragor.

Dragor says, "Oh that's fucked up lol"

Temi grins.

Temi states, "We also had a suggestion of grilled sausages, we decided not to take."

Dragor states, "Love it."

Tomato states, "LMFAO"

Arthur claims, "One moment I have to look shiny"

VivaLaVictoria smacks her forehead.

Dragor says, "SAUSAGES NOOOO"

Arthur wears a set of embossed ebony gauntlets with a brass lion pattern on his hands.
Arthur wears an embossed ebony plate helm styled with a brass lion motif on his head.
Arthur straps a set of embossed ebony pauldrons with a brass lion pattern over his shoulder.
Arthur wears a pair of blackened iron sabatons with ebony leather straps on his feet.
Arthur wears a set of embossed ebony vambraces with a brass lion pattern on his arms.
Arthur wears a set of blackened iron greaves fastened with ebony leather on his legs.
Arthur wears a cuirass of blackened iron trimmed with brass on the edges on his torso.

Leta declaims, "Wasn't mine!"

Ruby states, "Just means that someone on grid has to make grilled sausages"

Ghed questions, "No scribes?"

Ruby looks at Dragor.

Deedee says, "I can if no one else wants to"

Dreams says, "I think grilled sausages would have been absolutely perfect."

Dragor says, "Sorry I woke up just moments ago, there is still drool on my face from waking up."

Ghed nods at Deedee.

Ghed has awarded you 2> QPs: scribe

Ghed says, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed says, "This week I did requests as usual, mostly phomes and a few policy cases. Please remember to cnote when you do or learn of mischief. I repeat this and it doesn't seem to click in even for our veteran players. Please. It matters."

Ghed claims, "That's all"

Ghed muses to Temi, "How about you?"

Temi claims, "I've been working on requests and moving stuff forwards on the big plot, hoping to wrap that up sooner."

Konaa states, "Can't wait for the Daravi to invade in a mandatory pkill event"

Temi says, "I know Ghed and Leta have other plans for new plots once we get things cleared up enough."

Ghed exclaims, "That we do!"

Leta grins.

Leta states, "I've been working on drafting it."

Leta states, "It'll be great, promise"

Temi states, "But that's been most of it."

Temi grins.

Temi nods at Ghed.

Leta steeples her fingers.

Ghed exclaims to Temi, "Thanks!"

Ghed wonders to Leta, "What about you?"

Leta states, "I am getting used to being back. I did requests, questions and recommends, mostly. Eurus has been teaching me to rummage around TI's codebase, so I'm learning how to fix some of the smaller 'code typos' to clear up his time for the more significant stuff. "

Leta says, "I also did a few small "quality of life" things for the Sanctum. Codifying bloodwood, updating their rare restocks, and preparing with Eurus to implement some new fire spells and bug fixes."

Leta claims, "After fire our focus will be on water, I believe."

Ghed has transferred plague.  [OOC]

Leta nods at Ghed.

Leta asks of Eurus, "Does that sound right?"

Ghed claims, "Thanks so much with those restocks"

plague says, "Hello friends I'm phone I hope all is well"

Ghed claims, "For those restocks"

Eurus states, "Something like that"

Ghed says, "Me no speako"

Deedee muses, "Oh, can PCs be turned into bloodwood?"

Ghed states, "Maybe"

Ghed claims, "Ask a demon"

Ghed questions to Eurus, "What about you mate?"

RamblingSeert claims, "Don't do that."

Temi gives a large pigeon pie branded across the top with a pair of Vs to plague.

Eurus states, "Help news usually the best place to see what I'm up to. Added tool autofilling (as well as a toggle for those who prefer stringing tools). Fixed some bugs, added the requested R/K item distinctions for Reeves/Knights, annnnd that's mostly it."

Leta states to Eurus, "Oh yeah. I need to go run around adding flags."

Dragor states, "Thanks for the great job, Eurus. Holds hands."

Ghed says, "He's insane someone stop him"

Tomato claims, "That's a LOTTA work, its highly appreciated"

Temi grins.

Sue states, ":D"

Nospeedy says, "I love the flags for knights and reeves."

Ghed claims, "The R/K thing is that now reeves and knights will be able to wear items that give them [R] and [K] flags like Prestige"

Deedee states, "Oh, neat"

plague claims, "What are those item distinctions for precisely-"

plague claims, "Oh that's very neat."

Ghed says, "So that you can tell at a glance if you should tuck your shirt in and hide the rope burns from your wrists"

Deedee wonders, "Does that stack with [P] too?"

Dreams claims, "Oh, nice."

Leta says to plague, "Mostly to help newbies find enforcement NPCs in case of trouble"

Temi says, "To be recognized at a glance."

Ghed claims to Deedee, "Yes"
Temi nods.

Leta nods at Temi.

Ghed claims, "And that's all from staff this week"

Ghed wonders, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

plague trails off, "And now we just need infamy tags..."

Clover declaims, "Amazing!"

Deedee states, "[P][K] might cause some confusion though."

plague says, "Uhh I have barely been able to play because work is killing me but I'm having a good time with what rp I've been able to do"

plague says, "I've slept 20 hours in the past 2 days"

Solus says, "PK stands for Profitable Kill. Also, it's been a pretty good week."

Tomato claims, "Hahahahah. It sure has been a series of events this week hasn't it"

Deedee pontificates, "It's been eventful!"

Dreams claims, "Busy, busy week, indeed."

Nospeedy states, "Just some frustrations but I am having fun and planning some group things out."

Clover states, "I've been happy to have some medical RP."

Tomato says, "I've never gone from danger-safe-danger-safe so fast before"

Deedee says, "Looked like there was a lot of medical rp"

Ghed says, "It's a rollercoaster for sure"

Solus claims, "Ditto on the medical RP, although I can't say I expected wound rot to show up in diagnose and not on treat."

Konaa claims, "I continue to learn things like it's my first week playing, 7 or so months in"

Ruby states, "Someone told me they heard 'genuine fear' in my voice for the first time this week."

Tomato states, "Wound rot is a disease, not an injury, that's why"

plague says, "I have been a sneaky boy. watch out gamers"

Dragor claims, "I'm doing good."

Solus says, "Oh, that makes sense. I'm still getting the hang of it. It's surprisingly intuitive once you hop in."

Solus states, "Went from "how do I give someone medicine" to fixing an act of Dav. That was fun."

Arthur says, "This week has been really awesome for my character, I have enjoyed learning more and more about the world and how  to properly address different social classes."
Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Nice"

Ghed claims, "Looks like the DIAGNOSIS is DRAMA"

Ghed sagenods

Dragor claims, "I feel guilty over reporting something even though it was probably someone being very innocent, lol."

Nospeedy nods to solus "Slight curve but you get the hang of it after the first one."

Clover asks, "Was it my title? :P"

Solus trails off, "I mean, my first one was a guy that got struck by lightning, so..."

Dragor claims, "Yes, it was your title."

Clover trails off, "I was so embarrassed about that..."

Violet claims, "My guard getting struck by lighting was a mood(tm)"

Dragor states, "Oh nooo"

Clover pontificates, "I actually cried!"

Clover says, "But I'm glad you pointed it out."

Dragor states, "Sorry, I'm just permanently poisoned with other communities I've been actually staff on to not automatically see that."

plague trails off, "I liked the... clovers..."

Deedee claims, "As an aside, I'd really like to be able to watch windows again and see what's actually happening in the other room"

Leta pontificates, "Oh no! Mistakes happen, it's how you respond to them that reflects on you as a person <3"

Deedee states, "I had a nice view of that event, but could only see set actions."

plague states, "I remember the window thing being described as a difficult code issue"

Leta claims, "I'm glad it was fixed."

Leta states, "(the title, idk about the windows)"

Dragor claims, "Beyond that, it has been a fun week, really."

Leta exclaims, "A player asked me to bump help rp culture this week. As the tensions ramp up, try to keep this stuff in mind!"

Tomato wonders, "Was there a specific portion of it that needs proper attention?"

Leta states, "Particularly: trying to keep to lose turns in high-stress scenes (if they're small enough to facilitate), avoiding emoting at people before they have a chance to set the scene upon entering, or targeting people who DO enter before they can action or emote themselves."

plague states, "I admit the idea of both being incapable of rping at someone who enters and them being incapable of posting at me is pretty unintuitive"

Sparkles says, "That last one is always so hard because some folks also get upset/feel ignored/instantly leave if you don't acknowledge them."

plague claims, "It's my instinct to acknowledge and include people rather than pretend they aren't there"

Leta states, "The idea is generally: the players already in the scene should update actions or be allowed to emote once or twice to set up what's currently happening."

Leta says, "They should wait until the new arrival sets an action or emotes their entrance before addressing them."

Ruby asks, "So it's update action -> new person emotes -> reply emote from the people already there?"

Tomato says, "Ah I have been guilty of acknowledging people fast, i just want to include them but yeah it can be risky if you don't know how they're entering etc"

Leta claims, "Yes. It doesn't need to be perfect, but it saves events like 'Bob walks into the tavern grinning and hugs Joe, but Joe is in the middle of a tense standoff with Suzy'"

Dreams states, "I don't think it's an issue to pose at them if they have come in, and set an action as having arrived. Most do seem to do that pretty quickly."

Dreams states, "It's more the people coming IN that don't know what they're walking into."

Leta claims, "Or.. 'Bob enters a scene and is planning to emote being distraught and sobbing, but everyone's addressing him cheerily and buying him beer before he gets the chance'"

Temi states, "Yeah, once they've set an action, okay to include them into an emote."

Deedee says OOCly, "I generally enter, set my action on entering, wait for updated actions and a round of poses first before emoting."

Leta nods at Temi.

Ghed states, "Or people update their actions from 'is entering from the street' to 'gambles his fingers at a game of knives on the table'"

Temi claims, "Also okay to just emote about what's going on or set your own actions, without a specific resposne to them."

Tomato claims, "Ive been trying to update action whenever someone comes in because i suck at remembering to update it sometimes in long scenes"

Ruby trails off, "I think once one person updates their action a whole flood of people remember, so if at least one person remembers..."

Tomato trails off, "The balance between changing your action every 3 emotes because you flit around a lot VS doing extremely generic actions that technically aren't very informative but aren't not wrong..."

Deedee states, "On the other way around, I often do give some acknowledgement on someone's entry though. Not everyone set's a pose, and do want to give them an entry into RP."

Deedee says, "Sets an action*"

plague says, "Will take active effort from me because it's not what I'm used to"

Leta states, "Does that make sense? You want some signal of what's going on in the scene before you emote (be that actions or emotes). It can be as little as a few actions or an emote or two"

Leta claims, "And the people already in the scene should let the arrival set an action or emote entry before addressing them, so they have a chance to signal how their character's showing up"

Dreams says, "Actions are likely sufficient. If one person ends up changing their action from 'is relaxing at the table' to 'is holding a knife to ===='s neck against the wall', tension will be noted."

plague claims, "It makes sense as something others might want, but feels like an awkward barrier to scene entry for me intuitively"

VivaLaVictoria will try to be better! "I'm used to rping in a very fast paced environment, so learning the new rules is hard."

Leta claims, "It's not a rule as much as a culture thing, and I know the adjustment is strange. It becomes relevant the higher IC tensions and stakes get, as it can make others feel bulldozed. In a casual tavern scene, it's less of a big deal"

plague claims, "I'm not gonna be That Guy about it, I just don't get it personally."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Obviously, if you intend to barge directly into something going on -intentionally-, you can just blunder in and emote something, but you need to emote in a way that expresses you are, indeed, doing it on purpose. I like to explicitly say I am barging in, in emote and my action.

As an aside, please remember that join and jmote exist for those big scenes."

Tomato claims, "Yeah I think its WAY more applicable in tense situations over non"

Leta nods at HIEROPHANT.

Tomato states, "Best practice, if someone enters your scene, just update your action so they can pose appropriately"

Temi states, "Just helps to know if it is a casual tavern scene or someone holding a knife to someone's throat in the room.  Though it's also allowed to specifically note you're acting without taking the room into account."

HIEROPHANT states, "Relatedly, sitting at a table, etc. is equivalent to a join. Tables are joinspots."

Leta nods at Tomato.

Tomato recently had to update an action from 'standing + talking' to 'sobbing on the floor' so thats a big jump

Ruby claims, "I think that's just every scene you're in, Tomato"

HIEROPHANT states, "Other things that help this are, when you travel somewhere, do path - to remove the last step of your journey and look in the room first. This doesn't help if actions have gone 'stale', so to speak, but it can be useful for avoiding accidental boobery. Or enable intentional boobery if that's your style."

Ruby muses, "So if I wanted to go into the Crossroads, I'd do travel crossroads - ?"

HIEROPHANT says, "No, you'd do travel crossroads, then path -."

Dreams states, "I... use path - all the time. All. The. Time."

Nospeedy says, "Oh, that is extremely useful for me.. casue I have a habit of often looking ahead from other muds."

HIEROPHANT says, "path is its own command, the - argument removes the last step from your path. travel is just a more automated use of path and journey."

Nospeedy says, "So I love being able to have travel stop and look ahead so I know whats happening and what I may walk into.."

HIEROPHANT states, "See also navigate, relatedly."

Deedee claims, "Just a note on that- if you open a door, peek in, and then decide not to enter, it's a bit awkward."

Leta grins at Deedee.

Tomato claims, "Especially if someone (me) looks outside instantly and sees you"

Leta states, "It will be taken very IC"

HIEROPHANT says, "Awkward, but entirely valid, yes."

RamblingSeert is idle.

Nospeedy chuckles

plague says, "If you see Jae Fremont peek in your door and run I assure you it's ic"

Eurus says, "Hot"

Sue states, "Attack jae legs"

HIEROPHANT trails off, "Now that there's the ] and ] tags..."

HIEROPHANT says, "Er. the R and K tags."

HIEROPHANT trails off, "I foresee this perhaps happening more often..."

Ghed wonders, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

plague says, "Wish I could quo"

plague states, "Oops"

RamblingSeert is no longer idle.
RamblingSeert has returned from AFK.

Ruby states, "There's been new changes to the retooling system and it's a pain in the butt, I don't know if it's been reverted."

plague trails off, "Wish I could quit job to play game more..."

Tomato claims, "They added a toggle for the string thing, its now a toggle"

VivaLaVictoria exclaims, "There is a toggle to turn it off!"

Leta claims to Ruby, "There's a toggle for it. Some players really enjoy it, but those who use third party toolers are grumpy"

Tomato says, "'autotool' by itself to turn it off, it defaults to on"

Ruby claims, "I'm a grump. I had no idea there was a toggle, thank you."

HIEROPHANT states, "The stringing thing is a toggle, but I do have one complaint about the tooling update itself."

Temi states, "It's really much easier if you're doing it by hand."

Tomato says, "As a heavy stringing tool user I am extremely grateful"

Tomato says, "Brain small, hard to do by hand"

Leta muses to HIEROPHANT, "Yes?"

Dreams wonders, "I mean, even with the third party toolers, it'd just overwrite what's already there, so no harm?"

Ghed states, "No harm"

Ghed claims, "I personally found the new system surprising but I like it"

HIEROPHANT says, "The automated keywords don't appear to filter out common words like 'an', 'a', 'the', etc. nor direction keywords. It just turns the entire short desc into keywords. This is bad if your clothing has 'buttons up the front' for example. I imagine this will accidentally cause new players to produce very cursed objects."

Eurus states, "Yes they do, that has been updated"

Ghed says, "They should, we foresaw that"

Ghed nods.

HIEROPHANT exclaims, "O!"

Dragor says, "Thank you for adding the toggle, btw."

HIEROPHANT says, "I stand wholly corrected, then."

Eurus asks, "Was that not in news? I may have forgot"

Ruby states, "The problem is if what you're making has a different keyword than the original item, then it won't work with the third party tool. If I'm turning a cloak into a greatcoat, then the 'cloak' word doesn't work, and you have to edit from the third party tool."

Tomato says, "IDK i still manage to create very cursed objects on the reg"

Eurus says, "Maybe I was hoping nobody would notice"

HIEROPHANT claims, "That part is not in the news."

Tomato states, "They toggle fixes that problem also Ruby"

Temi says, "I've definitely made items with problematic keywords that prevent me from looking up."

Temi grins.

Ruby says, "Yeah I'm just explaining it to Dreams."

Sparkles says, "It's all those hair items with 'updo' as a keyword"

Tomato claims, "Also 'look dir <direction>' fixes that if you share a keyword like a boob"

HIEROPHANT states, "Someone had a sign on a public street advertising their shop and it had cursed keywords."

Sue states, "Someone gave me an item with 'up' as a keyword so every time i tried to look up for a wizard in the sky i looked atmy arm"

Deedee says, "There is look dir (direction) as well"

Sue states, "I wanted to kill them"

HIEROPHANT states, "I unrepentantly tore it up and junked it in outrage."

Ghed says, "Oh goodness"

Ghed questions, "Seems like there are no upstanding problems?"

Deedee says, "I've aliased look direction to ld, since there's so many items with a direction keyword"

Nospeedy says, "I had to learn the 'look dir' command after my starting clothing was the same."

Temi claims, "You can use restring to update keywords with no charge on any items anytime."

Temi grins.

Ghed nods at Temi.

plague claims, "I'm going to send free gold hats in the mail that have all the worst keywords "

Konaa questions, "I have no idea what's up with the autotool feature but: if you use the sites to do stuff you should turn it off, in short?"

Ghed claims, "I used that when someone would sell me an outfit without a unifying keyword"

HIEROPHANT claims, "What. I thought restring only worked in chargen rooms on newbie items."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Heck."

HIEROPHANT states, "I guess I owe that guy a new sign."

Ghed says to Konaa, "Ye"

Tomato states, "Yeah if you use the stringing tool best to toggle it off, they aren't comptaible"

Eurus states, "Yes, if you do your tooling via websites, it's probably best to toggle it off"

Solus is idle.
Arthur is idle.

Konaa states, "Osu"

Deedee says, "Restring keyword works outside of chargen, but only on items in your inventory"

Arthur is no longer idle.
Arthur has returned from AFK.

HIEROPHANT says, "I definitely use third-party stringing tools. I like to see what I'm getting in the editor with a preview and so on."

Tomato states, "Restring keyword has saved my life often"

Eurus states, "I don't maintain any of those sites, nor do Staff, so updating those is beyond the purview of what I will work on"

Temi says to HIEROPHANT, "Usually, but we added the extra usage of keywords to help people be able to target things"

Ruby says, "I feel like I learn 5 new things about this game every week."

Tomato claims, "Also free things, I believe you can add an extra desc to items that don't have it, and an @cloak_hood to items that don't have one for free"

Konaa claims, "I have zero head for this sort of things so the sites just help me keep the coding straight, is all"

HIEROPHANT states, "Efforts to keep them compatible until they are outright obsolete (such as if color codes change completely or we get new ones) are appreciated, Eurus! Thank you for the toggle."

Tomato claims, "Sorry @desc_cloak is the correct thing lol sorry"

Temi nods.

Ghed says, "Okay"

Ghed states, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed states, "I have no topics."

A tumbleweed rolls by.

Konaa asks, "Somebody lose that?"

Deedee lights it on fire.

Ruby states, "Do tumbleweeds exist in TI? I though that would be in a cowboy MUD."

Temi grins.

Dragor says, "Tumbleweeds are actually from the Vandagan Steppe"

Ghed says, "They haven't been invented"

Temi says, "Anything can exist in the OOC realm, though."

Dragor states, "Did you know that? They're not a native American plant."

Dragor claims, "They're actually an invasive species"

INFO: Laurent has just created!

Deedee states, "I could see tumbleweeds in Farin desert lands maybe."

VivaLaVictoria states, "They aren't? Huh. I've sure seen a herd of them tumbling by."

Dreams claims, "They are very invasive."

Dragor pontificates, "They're actually a plant from Siberia!!"

VivaLaVictoria pontificates, "Thats cool!"

Temi says, "They won't be present in Lithmore, in any case, though."

Dragor states, "Thank god, they're a BANE for agriculture."

Solus is no longer idle.
Solus has returned from AFK.

Ghed claims, "Alright folks, if there's nothing to be raised, I can send you all back"

Dragor claims, "I'm good"

Tomato states, "No thoughts brain empty"

Sue says, "Wawaweewa"

Dragor claims, "I can crawl into bed a lil' earlier, which is great."

Dragor states, "I'm so tired bro"

Clover waves!

Dragor says, "I only woke up again for the meeting."

Konaa states, "All good, friendos"

plague claims, "I am home now"

Deedee declaims, "I encourage everyone to commit a crime! I could use some company"

plague trails off, "Lord bless..."

Ruby claims, "I think you mean commit a crime and get caught."

Konaa claims, "You'll never catch me"

Tomato states, "I encourage you not to get caught"

Solus says, "Imagine criming."

Tomato claims, "Do so many crimes, don't get caught"

Dragor claims, "Criming is a lot of fun tbh"

Ghed muses to Sparkles, "Okay you have a topic?"

Dreams states, "The not getting caught is the hardest part."

Ruby looks at a large pigeon pie branded across the top with a pair of Vs. "Yeah, don't get caught."

Deedee is tempted to open this pie in the tower.

Sparkles claims, "I have a question on the nature of deductions and conclusions, getting them staff approved and what to do with RP about that topic in the meantime. As (for example) folks not knowing something needs to be approved and what is a deduction versus what is 'obvious' seems to be an ongoing curiousity and it can be put out into open play in the mean time."

Deedee states, "If there's any doubt, req board it I'd say."

Deedee claims, "Most of the time I've done so staff say it's not a deduction, but better to ask than not."

Ghed says, "When in doubt, ask, yep"

Temi claims, "Yeah, better to be safe and we'll try to get to you guys as quickly as possible.  If someone just tells you something, that's fine to just document and go with"

Temi claims, "But if it requires putting a couple pieces of info together, better to make sure it's not something that might be due to just our small player numbers or such"

Leta says, "If it is a deduction (compiling clues) and falls under the same listed requirements for cnotes (illicit information, believing someone is a mage, criminal, heretic or has an affiliation with them, anything covert that could get them in trouble) it should be checked"

HIEROPHANT states, "Having to wait for staff review can be frustrating, as in the moment it feels like sand slipping through your fingers.

However, that beats actings on it in haste, because frankly... we're usually wrong. Just, like, statistically, we're wrong more often than not. It's there so we don't blunder into people dying, being exposed unduly, etc."

Temi nods at Leta.

Temi states, "And please don't ask us and then tell others before getting a response"

Leta says, "And we won't tell you whether your deduction is WRONG, persay, our goal is to ensure you aren't relying on smallworlding or OOC biases.. we want to make sure the deduction is robust IC if it could get someone in trouble."

Temi states, "Because that sort of makes it more difficult for all of them if it's a bit too much"

Leta says, "If it's time sensitive, we've been able to do quick checks via tells."

Leta states, "It's hard for us to unravel and retcon RP once it's out."

HIEROPHANT states, "You won't be told "Jim is not a wizard", you will be told "You do not have sufficient proof at hand to be reasonably certain Jim is a wizard", which is a critical difference."

Ghed says, "Absolutely able to do it with tells in an emergency, but not if this is built on many other cnotes"

Leta nods at HIEROPHANT.

Leta nods at Ghed.

Leta says, "Yeah. Ideally if you want a quick check, have a single summary cnote rather than making us hop around a bunch. If your aim is efficiency"

Temi asks, "Does that help?  Were there specific questions?"

HIEROPHANT pontificates, "It is worth the effort to make one cnote that's just a compilation of pieces from all your other cnotes, because you taking 5-10 minutes to do that saves staff 30+ minutes digging around or poking you to ask which cnotes to look at. And then you can rboard 'Please look at X cnote for Y purpose'. Keep it clean!"

Leta states, "If it's not time-sensitive, the expectation is that you're not tattling on people, trying to get the subject in trouble, spreading it around in RP as fact or IC conclusion."

Ghed says to HIEROPHANT, "Yes"

Tomato questions, "I imagine cnotes are still required if you are lying with 0 proof, yes?"

Solus questions, "You can also use cnote quick if you don't have too much to write down, like a snap thing that you've noticed in a conversation, right?"

Leta says to HIEROPHANT, "Thank you. That would be great, yes. That stuff makes our life much easier."

Ghed states, "Sometimes people dump on us a brief cnote that references many others and are confusedly set up and updated"

Leta nods at Solus.

Temi nods at Solus.

RamblingSeert is idle.

Leta says, "Cnotes are required for framing, yes. Mostly to prevent smallworlding"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Cnote quick is handy, though I prefer to just copy it into notepad++ or another editor and save it so that I can format it nicely."

Leta claims, "Or OOC motive"

Nospeedy nods.

Ghed nods at HIEROPHANT.

Dreams claims, "I tend to try to keep my cnotes about one person in one place. Like, I'll update that one with that one person each time I learn something new about them, or learn more."

Ghed muses to Sparkles, "Does any of this answer your query?"

Leta says, "The helpfile for cnotes is help policy cnote if anyone wants a review"

HIEROPHANT claims to Leta, "A separate related helpfile with an example of what a good deductive cnote looks like would be a nice addition for this topic, I think."

Leta declaims, "Oooh. I think we did that!"

Leta claims, "On the help cnote helpfile. Someone requested it a while back so Temi and Ghed wrote some."

HIEROPHANT states, "If you have I haven't seen it. I have, in fact, been flying by the seat of my pants. Almost as good as a magic carpet."

RamblingSeert is no longer idle.
RamblingSeert has returned from AFK.

Nospeedy claims, "I know i'd appreciate the system if I did a risky character concept. Like on another mud did some thieves and people just.. zero in on what they as a player can see and not really.. IC. Wasnt quite fun when you cover your tracks and people smallworld like that."

Leta nods.

HIEROPHANT states, "I see cnote examples there, but I do not see examples of a deduction cnote, which is a bit more involved."

Leta says, "The idea is to protect sneaky folks from undue targeting and for enforcers/investigators if they get salty policy accusations"

Leta claims to HIEROPHANT, "I can add one, then"

Sparkles states, "I think the biggest smallworlding always seems to be that the only members of a Guild are the players."

Leta claims, "I think we were planning to write a distinct 'help policy deduction' helpfile regardless"

plague states, "My job is to make sure I'm duly targeted."

Leta nods at Sparkles.

Sparkles claims, "That seems the one that seems to come up a lot and be used in a lot of things."

HIEROPHANT claims to Leta, "It might be worth putting deduction policy in its own helpfile, since both help cnote and help policy cnote are pretty long as it is"

Ghed says, "Absolutely"

Leta says, "Or that because there are no PCs around, no one would observe something"

Leta states, "We have a lot of issues with that."

Deedee nods.

Leta states, "If you're doing heretical stuff in River Square, people will notice. Even if a PC isn't hanging out nearby"

HIEROPHANT exclaims, "You are able to start a rumor anywhere exactly for that reason!"

Tomato states, "Yeah the 'only members of a guild' thing is annoying since you CAN be privately a member of the guild too"

Ghed says, "Part of my efforts to shove ambiances everywhere was to remind people of ambient NPCs"

RamblingSeert wonders, "Damn, no heretical pranks in River Square?"

Arthur is idle.

Ghed says, "No safe ones at least"

Solus trails off, "I mean, if you're invisible enough..."

Tomato trails off, "What are good places to assume no NPCs? I usually assume the woods, roofs, sewers, are... not populated"

plague states, "My favorite thing is leaving moods that denote how npcs probably reacted to my presence"

Deedee states, "I still see some people oblivious to vNPCs even in ambiant-filled rooms"

Tomato queries, "Hidden rooms as well, since those are not very visible?"

HIEROPHANT claims to Ghed, "It'd be neat if vNPCs reacted to criminal and magical actions with ambience, even if metrics aren't high enough to report them immediately."

Solus says, "The motivation for lowering it to nearly being bottomed out would be that they just... don't, I assume."

Tomato trails off, "They do it just... takes a while"

Nospeedy says to Sparkles "It is abit hard when its like.. theres barely any PC members in a guild and people are going like untreated cause of it. Despite there should be plenty of NPCs able to help in the background.

Temi states, "Your own private chambers.  Outside the city off of roads and not in shops."

Ghed says, "Being invisible is no guarantee for safety"

Dragor says, "I must pass out now"

Ghed declaims, "Anyways! time is up"

Dragor says, "Goodnight people"

Ghed says, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Ruby states, "Goodnight Dragor"

Deedee waves.

Ghed waves to Dragor.

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

plague claims, "At Terrible Lawfulness people will make worldstar videos before they call 911 but the word gets out"

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Leta says, "They don't need to be fancy. For summary cnotes or formal deduction, I like a format like this: 

Person of Interest:: Bob the Troub 

Clues: 
1. I met a super spooky mage wearing a fox mask and a forest embroidered cloak. He taught me earth magic. Two days later I peeked at Bob's inventory while trying to pickpockit someone and saw that mask and cloak! 

2. Bob seems really uncomfortable in pyring scenes and mass. Once time it was just me and one other person in a scene. The other person invited everyone to go pray and Bob groaned. That made me think he wasn't very pious. 

3. Bob's plants are CONSTANTLY blooming. How does he have 10x more avocados than me? He planted he crops a month later.

Conclusion: My character suspects Bob is an earth mage."

Ghed states, "Ooooh"

Dragor has been transferred out by Ghed.  [OOC]

Leta states, "Last minute cnote poof, sorry"

Leta claims, "You can reference other cnotes if you want too, like (see cnote 12, 'weird cloaked guy')"

Ghed says, "Lol love it"

Ghed claims, "Now I wanna play stardew valley"

Temi grins.

plague states, "I'm going to metagrudge Bob where is he"

Arthur is no longer idle.
Arthur has returned from AFK.

Ghed states, "Wedge his home from outside"

Ghed says, "Anyways folks time to go"

Leta grins.

Eurus grabs his net and jumps into the code, ready to go bughunting. [OOC]

Ghed waves.

Deedee waves again.