Log of OOC Meeting 2023-04-22

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:28 am

Ghed wonders, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Deedee claims, "Https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159213/"

Sue sits down and rests.

[Action: Arthur sit ]

Deedee can scribe.

Arthur sits down.

Sippycup claims, "I had an idea to throw out but nothing important"

Ghed exclaims to Deedee, "Thanks!"

Ghed has awarded you 2> QPs: scribe

Ghed states to Sippycup, "I'll write you down, please pre write"

Arthur states, "I'm just happy to be here, I will try not to interrupt inappropriately."

Ghed thumbs up!

Dove says, "Oh I had a topic"

Rowan claims, "I have a topic."

Ghed nods at dove.

Ghed nods at Rowan.

Ghed states, "Anyone else who comes up with something let me know"

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed claims, "This week I did a sleuth of policy. It was rather nasty and left me kinda drained. I was able to do some player requests, phomes mostly, and a horde of recommends. I'm glad people are nice to pyred mages, and their deliverers. And Ilena and Leta coming back has given us such a huge boost in responsiveness and, uh, thoroughness."

Dragor states, "Yeah, this has been a week. I understand how you feel, Ghed."

Sue rests.

Ghed states, "Thank you. Many players have been very supportive to us, and we super, duper appreciate it."

Deedee nods in agreement.

Ghed declaims to Temi, "With that said! You're up =3"

Temi nods in agreement with Ghed.

Temi states, "I have been working on keeping up with requests and such as much as I can, still more to do there but very glad to have a little more help again."

Deedee declaims, "Sorry to keep you busy!"

Temi states, "We're working on pushing some more conclusive stuff forwards on the big plot so get in on that if you want to be involved"

Ghed has transferred Jackassaurus.  [OOC]

Temi states, "I do have a plot to respond to for that"

Temi gives a wooden Yuletide yoyo painted with a ring of merry dancers to Jackassaurus.

Temi claims, "But that's mostly it."

Temi nods at Ghed.

Ghed claims to Temi, "Thanks a lot T"

Dragor declares, "As always, good work on the plot!"

Ghed claims, "Leta and Eurus couldn't join us today, but Leta has been carving a warpath through outdated helpfiles, and Eurus is hammering bugs like it was Starship Troopers all over"

Temi says, "Hope it provides people plenty of drama to wrap themselves around."

Temi grins.

Temi nods in agreement with Ghed.

Ghed questions to Ilena, "And what about you?"

Ilena claims, "Hello, everyone! I've been helping out with sorting policy and cleaning up items and rooms. It's lovely to see everyone here again, and I hope to get more things under my belt as I remember how to be staff! I've gotten a lot of tells and warm welcomes from everyone, and I hope to reply to it with a lot of returned effort! I also made a couple helpfile updates, too."

They aren't here.

Deedee declaims to Ilena, "Welcome back!"

Dragor claims, "Welcome back! I'm new so I have no idea who you are, lol."

Sippycup states, "Me too"

Motherof claims, "Great to have you, Ilena."

Arthur pontificates, "Good to have you back!"

Ghed nodsnodsnods

Ghed claims, "It really is"

Temi nods in agreement.

Ghed has transferred Amaranth.  [OOC]

Temi gives a wooden Yuletide yoyo painted with a ring of merry dancers to Amaranth.

Ghed says, "We're very glad to count with Ilena"

Ghed wonders to Ilena, "Is it Ee-lee-nah or Aye-leh-na?"

Ghed questions, "Or aye-lee-nah?"

Dreams claims, "I, uh. Thought it was Ill-eh-nah."

Dove states, "I thought it was 'eh-lenna'"

HIEROPHANT questions, "Elliueh?"

Ghed laughs.

Deedee says OOCly, "Illy."

Ilena states, "Eee-lay-nah."

Ilena exclaims, "Funny spelling!"

Ghed exclaims, "Alright! I'll remember it (no I won't)"

Ilena states, "Pfffff"

Ghed claims to Ilena, "Thanks =)"

Dragor claims, "(me neither)"

Ghed queries, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Dragor claims, "THIS WEEK WAS ROUGH BRO"

Sippycup claims, "Lots of great rp"

Dove exclaims, "Goodness gracious so exciting. I died!"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Rollercoaster."

Sue trails off, "Aha..."

RamblingSeert bursts into tears.

WildChild says, "The Yule Faire is always amazing"

RamblingSeert says, "I'm fine."

Deedee states, "It's been a busy one for sure"

Arthur states, "I have had so much fun getting into the game, I love  reading other players books."

Dragor says, "I am VERY glad we have a responsive and able staff, though, so I'm good."

Ghed claims, "The yule faire is STILL ONGOING"

Amaranth states, "The week has been busy as always. :)"

Amaranth says, "Not in a bad way though, really enjoy all the scenes I am a part of :D"

Eurus claws his way out of the codebase. [OOC]

Eurus waves.

Temi states, "Yeah, many thanks to the Merchants and others who help to make it happen every IC year."

Motherof claims, "Game has been great and everyone is amazing."

Temi gives a wooden Yuletide yoyo painted with a ring of merry dancers to Eurus.

HIEROPHANT declaims, "Hi Eurus!"

Dragor says, "Oh hey Eurus."

Ghed waves to Eurus.

Dragor says, "But yeah dude this week has been. IDK. Could've been better, but staff was on point with it anyhow so nothing can be done."

Ghed nods, "Looks like it has been a good rollercoaster of a week, hm?"

Motherof says, "I have been really sick and not able to do much for the Faire (me is Rafferty), but the guildees carried it onward, and are awesome."

Temi states, "Not our top week as far as the OOC side of things, from staff side, but we definitely appreciate the IC sides of it"

Deedee exclaims, "Hope you feel better, Motherof!"

Temi comforts Motherof.

RamblingSeert says, "You either have GREAT OOC and bad IC or GREAT IC and busywork OOC"

RamblingSeert says, "The cycle continues :)"

Yinadele declares, "I had a bit of IRL come up since the main Yule party was on Thurs, but it's been a great week over here in terms of RP!"

Motherof claims, "Thank you."

Deedee nods.

WildChild states, "Made two people cry ic this week, thats always fun."

Ghed claims, "Aw"

Ghed asks, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Dragor claims, "Needs more katana."

Sippycup says, "Lol"

Dragor states, "This is a joke, please do not add them."

Ghed claims, "Please no more katanas"

Deedee takes Dragor out with a yo-yo.

Dove says, "Weebs begone"

Eurus says, "Sorry for being slow on tells this week or getting back to notes, brain v foggy"

Temi states, "Yeah, katana is definitely a different theme."

Sue states, "Broke: katanas"

Sue claims, "Woke: matchlocks"

Temi comforts Eurus.

Woodes says to Ghed, "Yeah a little.

Ghed queries to Woodes, "What's up?"

Deedee stops using a wooden Yuletide yoyo painted with a ring of merry dancers.

Deedee wields a damascus steel battle axe with a reinforced ironwood haft.
a damascus steel battle axe with a reinforced ironwood haft feels like a part of Deedee!
Deedee fastens her axe on her belt.

Woodes wonders, "Is any of the stuff on that reddit site true? I've figured it's all just drama, but I read the board notes. Is that issue resolved now, fully?"

Rowan states to Woodes, "I was just about to commend on that as my topic."

Rowan says, "Comment, too."

Ghed nods slowly. "Thanks for asking, allow me to type."

Dove claims, "It's a little telling that the same group of players, who have left the game, felt the need to make an entire new subreddit just to push drama when r/mud banned drama, imo"

Deedee muses, "Perhaps Rowan can go ahead and bring his topic?"

Ghed claims, "Please allow me to type."

Temi claims, "There's also a few notes on Announce and General that are worth the reading about it all."

Ghed says, "For those who don't know, Andorig wrote a miles-long reddit post complaining about the game and talking about how badass he is and how I dislike him being a powerful character. I don't care at all. His problems were all of his own making. Staff was beyond patient with him."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Ghed says, "He also added that I'm an anti semite, which I found surprising at the very least. For those jewish players here who are my friends, they know better. I've no problem talking about any of this. I've nothing to hide."

Dragor muses, "May I add something?"

Ghed states, "Still typing, please, but yes after I'm done"

Ghed states, "The notes on General and Announce should encompass everything there is to be said. Some of the people commenting in reddit have inaccurate information or are saying inaccurate things. Or seem to forget I banned a nazi or two when he harassed those same people accusing me of harboring bad folks, at their request, immediately."

Ghed muses, "I found it very strange that I was accused of lying in the March 18 OOC Chat about Dotto. This was vexing for several reasons: 1) I had already told the full story to some inquiring players, and I had made it clear that we had decided to let him stay for the time being, 2) those people were present in that OOC Chat, they would have immediately known if I had contradicted myself, 3) I didn't actually say anything about Dotto, my words exactly were "A lot has happened the past 6 weeks, and I can confidently say that if I catch even a whiff of hatred inside or outside of the game to players or staff they're out". That's it. That's all there was to it. Anyone who needs to double check can see the log of that day (this is why we keep them after all!): https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2658"

Rowan claims, "Hey, party people. This is less of a topic and more of me, like... saying something."

Rowan says, "Oh oops"

Rowan says, "I pressed enter on accident"

Ghed says, "The main explanation for these discrepancies is that none of those folks are players (though they were at one point and left) and therefore were not here to see anything happen, and that they also really dislike me."

Deedee nods at Rowan.

Ghed claims, "And Andorig is just upset, and I have nothing charitable to say about him, so I won't."

Ghed muses to Woodes, "Does this answer your concerns, more or less? Would you like to ask anything else?"

Jackassaurus is idle.

Woodes says, "No, that's it for me. Thank you."

Ghed claims to Woodes, "Of course. Thanks for airing your concerns. If anything comes up, hit us up anytime."

HIEROPHANT unfolds (Glowing) a folding patio chair of softly-moaning bloodwood and takes a seat.

"I have a complaint."

Arthur declaims, "Good to hear drama is is silly and not factual!"

Dove claims, "It is also EXTREMELY telling that in the rant, pof Andorig constantly points fingers at a 'staff favorite', while they... are... also... a jewish person. Kind of a doublethink to say 'staff hate all jews, but not this one',"

HIEROPHANT claims, "I cannot make bagpipes. This is a travesty."

Ghed says to dove, "No comment."

Ghed wonders, "Are we ready to move on to player topics?"

Jaina states, "I have a question. How could you possibly pretend that you were being truthful? You were asked whether Dotto played. Instead of saying yes, you said the quote above. It's a lie by omission and people trusted you. How can you expect TI players to trust you after this? Why are you just accepting the Nazi's claims of being reformed at face value? The receipts at: https://imgur.com/a/NnWVCna"

Jaina has left the game.

Ghed states, "Lol I knew it"

Ghed says, "I kneeeew it"

Dragor says, "Right."

Amaranth says, "I see."

Ghed says, "Take a look at the link if you wanna, I've nothing to hide"

Temi muses to HIEROPHANT, "Do you know what helps us determine what new recipes to make?  When they are posted on the suggestions part of the forums for when we have a bit of things to add stuff"

Dove says, "It literally says what he said above lmao"

RamblingSeert applauds. "I give that a 710, perfect link drop to quit transition."

RamblingSeert claims, "7 out of 10"

HIEROPHANT states to Ghed, "No, I'm good."

Ghed says, "Very fast work though, I'm impressed"

Temi grins at HIEROPHANT.

Ghed claims, "Like I said, some non players really dislike me"

Dragor claims, "I'm not sure if they don't have anything better to do."

Rowan states, "This is extremely embarassing."

Rowan claims, "I'm so sorry."

Deedee says, "Jaina is a witch's name, anyway."

Dove states, "Ye gods. One will notice of course, the reddit posts consistently have the same couple of usernames come up, and then a bunch of new accounts get made to argue with people"

Ghed muses, "Jaina Proudmoore? She's cute"

HIEROPHANT states to Temi, "This is a tragedy. I have to go to a website? And post my idea? To communicate it legibly?

Learn how to read my brainwaves across the internet-tubes, please. "

Ilena states, "I don't think anyone is particularly bothered. Don't be sorry."

Arthur pontificates, "I have no idea who they were but they seemed very mad!"

Dove states, "Can we please move on, this is obviously a waste of time trying to rile up the community"

Ghed nods.

Dragor states, "It's probably a bunch of the Free Zoners getting mad that TI's numbers surged a little and try to poison the well now."

Temi trails off to HIEROPHANT, "No guarantees that we won't do it anyways... but it really is the best way for us to handle that priotization"

Rowan says, "It's incredibly frustrating, because they know I made the decision to not return their aggression, and will pick on someone they know who will not fight back."

Ghed says, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed claims to Sippycup, "You're first"

Motherof says, "It'll fade out."

Sippycup states, "I rethought and think it's a waste of time"

Ghed muses to Sippycup, "Are you sure?"

Arthur exclaims, "Oh I have a really small one, I'll go last!"

Ghed exclaims to Arthur, "Okay!"

Jackassaurus is no longer idle.

Jackassaurus has returned from AFK.

Ghed pontificates to dove, "You're next then!"

Sippycup says, "It was just a lazy way to add strings to items but isn't worth the tiem I think"

Sue states, "After everyone else I forgor I have a topic"

Deedee states, "You can post it to the ideas board on the forums, sippy."

Dove states, "I want to preface with, I had a lovely time in RP and this is salt free, just code funkiness that brought up discussion that I thought was useful here <3 i loved dying"

Dove claims, "Rather simple topic to bring up that might be able to be bugboarded but I also wanted to bring a further discussion of the actual mechanics so I opted to bring it up here--so guard does not echo to the room when used, which is the main point--it should echo to the room if you are using guard all, I don't think there is a way to subtly block EVERY person from leaving a room."

Dove claims, "As a follow up to that though, it has been brought up since guard is a rather powerful tool--how plausible is it really to block, for example, the entirety of a street, or stop someone from going from one wilderness room to another? To the best of my knowledge code doesn't arbitrate, and while I don't want to remove this entirely, could it be considered making it less effective on these instances? We already have the information of which rooms are what gathered with the exit command, so it shouldn't be implausible to add these to be considered."

Dreams says, "Guarding a person and blocking a door are different movements. I know guarding a person does give a ECH] thingie after."

Deedee claims, "I agree it should echo, I think it did before."

Dreams states, "Oh, uhm. It says TECH in brackets."

Dove says, "Guard as in the guard command, blocking a single person or all people from leaving a room"

Deedee states, "Yes, talking about guard direction, not protect"

Dove says, "That is protect, which does echo"

Dreams states, "Ah."

Yinadele is idle.

Dove claims, "I went through emotes and the emotes didn't seem to indicate someone was doing something like blocking an exit, so I took a chance, and I lost, but I do feel like for fairness sake, at the LEAST guard all should echo. I think you COULD plausibly subtly block just one person"

Yinadele is no longer idle.
Yinadele has returned from AFK.

Motherof says, "Sounds like a reasonable things to be echoed."

Ghed asks of Eurus, "What do you think about it? guarding giving no echoes?"

Deedee claims, "I think it should be echo'd regardless, yes"

Ghed asks, "I kinda thought it still did -- does guard (target) echo?"

Eurus claims, "Possibly a bug, possibly an oversight, couldn't really say"

Yinadele states, "So, I think that it should echo, but at least guarding one direction is reasonable. You may not be able to 'block' an entire street, but you can prepare to run and tackle someone at an intercept heading that way."

Deedee claims, "I am almost certain that it did before"

HIEROPHANT questions, "The echo occurs when they block you, but not when they establish the block. Maybe just add a mandatory <emote> that appends or replaces one's action? Let's say I walk into a room and someone is guarding the path ahead of me to the following room - how do I know they're doing that?"

Dove says, "PROTECT as in protecting someone from harm does"

Yinadele claims, "Blocking a direction is pretty reasonable to me."

Eurus says, "Please feel free to bugboard it so I can investigate, my instinct says it should echo"

Dove claims, "GUARD as in you cannot move the room, does not echo when used"

Ghed starts to move towards the north and west.

Dove claims, "It only echoes when you bump into them"

Ghed wonders, "Did you guys see that?"

Dove states, "Only that you moved"

HIEROPHANT says, "We saw movement only"

Ghed nods.

Sue claims, "No, it echoes to the person who guards, apparently."

HIEROPHANT claims, "It echoes to you to tell you that you are guarding, that is it"

Sue claims, "It always echoed to me and I just assumed it echoes to everyone after"

Yinadele says, "I also think it should add something like a g] to someone's name."

Ghed states, "Not bad ideas"

Ghed states to dove, "And I've -very- grateful that you waited till today and went civil and polite on it"

Eurus claims, "Also as a general PSA, if you are ever unsure of code or want help figuring out how things SHOULD work, feel free to bugboard those requests too so I can take a look"

HIEROPHANT muses, "A little (g NORTH) on the end of the action? Or the start? Like a marked person has the ] ?"

Dove says, "And MAYBE I would not have, you know, tried to leave a room with a spell where you lose it by policy when you touch someone, if I had known, since the motes were more or less wildly searching for an invisible person"

Dove giggles

HIEROPHANT states, "Er, the [M]."

Eurus states, "9/10 times its almost always an oversight that isnt intended, and I'd much rather help solve it BEFORE it's a bug that impacts play"

Deedee nods.

Temi states, "I do think it accounts for how close to you they are trying to cross, etc, whether it's a door or open room, but not sure how complex it is."

Dove states, "And then to follow up--the second portion--consider making it less effective to block when its a something like a street to street or wilderness to wilderness"

Dove says, "Because Ahna is thicc but she is not a whole street wide"

Ghed says, "Sounds like a challenge"

Sue claims, "Wide putin"

Deedee claims, "Some rooms do seem easier to guard than others, or did in previous experience. It's been a while since I've interacted with the system much."

Temi states, "Some of tahat should already be accounted, but I'm not sure how much."

Temi nods.

HIEROPHANT states, "I feel like guarding a room with a door or doorway should definitely work better than a street yes."

Sue says, "Me either, I think it also includes defensive/offensive skills"

Yinadele states, "I'd just re-iterate on my point of 'you can't block an entire street with your body but you can prepare to intercept someone trying to move past you down a street'."

Yinadele says, "However, I agree it should be harder."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Yes, however, in this context Yinadele the person being blocked was invisible."

Ghed queries, "Maybe doors should be easier to block, the rest harder?"

Ghed questions, "How about air exits?"

Deedee claims, "It includes skill/stats when shouldering"

HIEROPHANT questions, "I - CAN you block air exits?"

Deedee claims, "You can."

HIEROPHANT states, "Is that a thing? can you type 'guard up'."

Sue states, "You can."

HIEROPHANT states, "Okay."

Dove states, "Almost all of this pertains solely to 'guard all' vs 'guard person', I think its very plausible to do it for a specific person"

HIEROPHANT states, "Explain how that one works to me."

Yinadele states, "I think if you can reach the up exit, you should be able to.'"

Sippycup queries, "Halberd?"

Temi claims, "You go and grab their ankles."

Temi nods at HIEROPHANT.

Ghed states, "You have to keep a hand on someone's head so they can't float up"

Sue says, "I stab you in the legs if you try to turn into Superman"

HIEROPHANT states, "Yeah I'm talking about air exits."

Dragor states, "I jump up and slam you down on your fucking ankle."

Deedee states, "You see someone raising up, and grab 'em probably."

Temi says, "But certainly harder."

Amaranth claims, "You know I could probably jump pretty high :) "

HIEROPHANT states, "Okay. This leads me back to the "I am invisible, what now" argument."

Yinadele states, "If I'm flying too and can go to that air exit, same as a street."

Eurus states, "Kobe"

Dragor states, "I deploy the pocket sand"

Sue states, "People are generally moving around, including VNPCS in the street"

HIEROPHANT states, "Not saying it's impossible! Just that things like that should probably factor in."

Sue says, "If you touch them you decloak too"

HIEROPHANT pontificates, "For sure!"

Temi claims, "Invisible certainly complicates things, though you should not be invisible anymore if bumped into."

Ghed claims to dove, "I've added all the things to Staff Talking Points"

Eurus states, "Technically if you move at all the spell should break as per the helpfile but"

Dove claims, "In my case, I just dropped the spell when I bumped into, since that's policy"

Temi nods.

Dove trails off, "You can... move with the cloak just not interact with things outside of it"

HIEROPHANT says, "I don't want to devolve this into an argument about the Cloak necessarily. Just noting it complicates things."

Sue states, "Because generally speaking even if it's just 3 Reeves looking for you there's probably more vnpcs Reeves and rubberneckers and maneuvering around in that is not easy so I can imagine that is the explanation as to 'how you can guard against an invisible person'"

Eurus says, "Right, what i'm saying is the hlepfile in its original writing says 'any movement at all'"

Deedee declares, "Thanks for bringing it up and your patience around it, dove! Hopefully it'll be improved for the future"

Sue claims, "And the answer is 'medieval streets busy'"

Eurus states, "But its never worked like that since i've been here soooo i just let that one sit"

Dove claims, "I don't think its neccessarily fair to say 'lots of reeves appear because you do', that is why you have NPC guards"

Ghed says, "Eh, it's harder to accept when it's your life on the line"

Temi claims, "We'll keep all these in mind when we discuss, and probably get Eurus to pull up what the card does now."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "Code*"

Ghed nods at dove.

Ghed claims to dove, "Thanks bro"

Ghed queries to Rowan, "Your topic?"

Rowan states, "Hey, party people. This is less of a topic and more of me, like... saying something."

Rowan claims, "I'm sure you've all already seen my General board post. This is more of a follow-up, or the second part to that. After this OOC Meeting, I will be departing from the game for a much needed mental health break. Likely a very long term, indefinite one that I'm not sure I'll return from. There's been a lot of accusations made in my name and about me, some falsified, some truth, and all mixing together into a nasty melting harassment pot that is just embarassing and stomach churning to read through for myself, and no doubt, for all of you, as some have expressed discomfort with my presence - a totally valid stance to take on things, and one that I can completely understand in the wake of everything that has occured."

Rowan states, "I think we can all agree when I say a hobby should not make you dread it. I've come to dread the hobby in general, and will likely be doing something silly like, I don't know, Minecraft RP or something. I'm sorry I dragged you all into an uncomfortable mess, and I truly mean it when I say I thoroughly enjoyed playing with all of you."

Rowan states, "I also want to add that if you would like my side on things, or want any clarifications or details about what occured, you can tell me, either through here, or through tells, or through my Discord account if you have it, and I would love to have just any kind of healthy dialogue with you and I will be completely and utterly transparent."

Rowan claims, "Love you guys. So long and thanks for all the fish."

Ghed nods.

Deedee states, "I can understand that. Take care, hopefully things improve with time"

Ghed says, "Taking care of oneself is paramount"

Yinadele claims, "Man. That sucks, and is awkward. I'm really sorry to hear that's how it feels, even if I think most people here have had fun RPing with you and pretty much all the discomfort I've seen has been from outside of the game, not inside. I hope you feel better, at the end, no matter what happens."

WildChild states, "Just want to say that I've enjoyed your rp presence."

Dove says, "I don't think that MUD staff should be thought police--it only becomes the game's problem if something is happening in the game space--in the game, or in the game's discord."

Dragor states, "I think you have been just fine, Dotto, at least to me. It's fucking awful how it all panned out and I'm very sorry.

But your mental health and happiness is paramount. I'll miss you, really."

Sue states, "I've shared my thoughts with you personally, and I'm sorry it's come to this"

Sue claims, "I wish you good luck in your future endeavors"

Rowan says, "And for the Reddit crowd that my words will eventually filter down to; I don't know how to tell you that you should care about other people."

Motherof states, "I'll echo Sue, there."

Ghed nods.

Ghed says to Rowan, "Thanks"

Rowan states, "That was all. Thanks, guys."

Ghed states, "Take care"

Ghed nods.

Deedee claims, "Brings to mind a recent Mass IC, about repentance and forgiveness"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Don't forget your towel."

Ghed claims, "Not to be rude, but I wanna touch on Arthur's topic as well"

Ghed asks of Arthur, "Mate?"

Deedee nods at Ghed.

Woodes is idle.

Arthur asks, "Ah I'm not sure if this is really the place to ask it but after getting my canine companion, I was wondering how appropriate it would be to RP the dog being a certain breed? I'm a big fan of German Shepherds you see, they're police dogs where I come from :)"

Ghed claims, "Oh that's a good question"

Ghed declaims, "Players! Advise me here"

Dove says, "Dog breeds did not 'exist' per se in medieval times, but I have seen lots of reference to a specific duchy or a specific demense in a duchy, and adopted that myself"

Deedee says, "Breeds weren't so well defined in the period I don't think"

Temi declaims, "Well!  Vandagan shepherds are an established description folks have used before"

Dove says, "'Lundsend hound' for example, and then describing the physicial features you are looking for"

WildChild states, "I've seen a Yagrassan hound running about."

Dreams states, "I mean, I've seen people do it, but more what Dov says. I would say that there's nothing wrong with describing your dog to look like one, but there's no "German" in TI. No Germany here."

HIEROPHANT claims, "I advise you describe the dog by appearance, rather than IRL breed name. There are references to various kinds of dog - by purpose, if not by breed - established by players on grid. There is no 'help dog breeds' or anything like that though."

Deedee nods in agreement.

HIEROPHANT declares, "Which means you can do whatever!"

Eurus states, "I think for the most part people are happy to accept TI regional breeds as whatever people want to write them as, which tends to be appearance focused as Heirophant said"

Dreams says, "Yeah, that."

RamblingSeert is idle.

Dove states, "Dogs typically were working dogs 'breeds' like water dogs, hunting dogs, shepherd dogs, or else pets which are generally 'mutts'"

RamblingSeert is no longer idle.
RamblingSeert has returned from AFK.

Ghed trails off, "Imagine being a medieval french guy and saying 'oh what kind of dog do you love?' 'a... dog, you know, the ones that bark' bc you have no frame of reference"

Deedee declaims, "Spit dogs!"

Deedee states, "(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnspit_dog)"

RamblingSeert trails off, "Vandagan hunting hounds (borzois). Also, a Lithmorran Mastiff............................."

Dreams states to Ghed, "White ones with curly hair."

Dove states, "So calling something a shepherd dog means it is a breed commonly recognized to herd sheep, with the tendencies of that (high energy, herding instinct)"

Arthur declares, "Ah so I can describe it with the characteristics of a shepherding dog but not the IRL equivalent? that seems fair!"

Dragor says, "Dog breeding picked up really in the 16th and 17th century."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Yeah, you can call it a 'sheepdog' in its short desc for sure."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Then just describe it however you want in its long desc."

Amaranth claims, "I think 'shepherd' is a pretty general term too. There are many different types. "

Dove trails off, "Also a Farin dog would be better suited to heat, for example, or a vandagan dog would be fluffy... so you can reference existing geographic places"

Temi says, "Yeah, no German shepherds.  Vandagan shepherds are fine.  Sheepdogs are great.  Shepherding is a fine adjective"

Temi nods.

Arthur says, "That answers my question then"

Dragor says, "Specifically the German Shepherd is like - SUPER young a breed. They came about 'merely' 1899"

Dreams nods.

Eurus states, "Whorlwhales best TI animal breed"

Temi nods in agreement with Eurus.

Amaranth says, "Usually when I string my pets I take regional features and convert them into what would be appropriate for the TI setting."

Dragor states, "There IS old german shepherd hounds like the Gelbbacke."

Dragor claims, "Https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Gelbbacke.jpg"

Temi claims, "Breed standards are definitely not a thing."

Sue trails off, "Is it my turn uwu..."

Dragor says, "Basically their coats weren't as uniform."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Sue claims, "So I can post it because my doordash is here oh no"

Dove says, "Best to avoid IRL breed names and stick to workingdog types"

Jackassaurus is idle.

Dragor queries, "And nobody gave a shit about specific aesthetics as long as they did their job, yeah?"

Deedee asks of Sue, "Had a topic?"

Sue says, "Yeah"

Ghed claims, "Ya just replace German with Vandagan and French/Italian with Vavardi"

Ghed claims, "So a vavardi kiss or a vavardi mafioso"

Deedee queries to Ghed, "Have time for Sue's topic?"

Eurus states, "Ahnas topic sounds way cooler than vavardi kisses"

HIEROPHANT wonders, "Low-budget Vavardi horror films...?"

Jackassaurus is no longer idle.
Jackassaurus has returned from AFK.

Temi claims to HIEROPHANT, "Plays."

Amaranth queries, "But we haven't even heard Ahna's topic how do you know it's cooler?"

Sue says, "It's very cool"

Eurus claims, "Im just hedging my bets"

Eurus states, "The standard is super low right now"

Sippycup says, "Oh i thought it was doordash"

Ghed exclaims to Sue, "You had a topic?! omg sorry"

Sue says, "No my nuggies are getting cold but there's 5 mins left"

Ghed states to Sue, "Fire it up"

HIEROPHANT says, "Sue wants to post her topic so she can go get her food"

Ghed claims to Deedee, "(thanks)"

Sue pontificates, "I have two suggestions!"

Unrecognized command.

Sue says, "One, primarily: that the 'HELP DEDUCTION' helpfile be separated from its place in the HELP CROSSOVER section, referenced to the Order/Reeves categories (and anywhere else Admins deem necessary) and expounded upon, because the policy that polices how you may come to a deduction IC is only briefly mentioned in HELP CNOTE POLICY and gets one small paragraph in HELP CROSSOVER."

Deedee winks.

Sue states, "I've mentioned it before but I think this is a good platform to add it as well, officially. More clear policy on deductions/investigations won't harm anyone, but help make things cooler for our antagonists/lawbringer characters. Even knowing it exists I still don't know what qualifies as a deduction (I saw Mason buy bricks, and mortar, so I deduce he's building something - admins?) or if it's only in the case of I deduce Mason is a witch/thief/criminal."

Sue says, "Two: I think Reeves/Orderites should have items, perhaps cloak pins, that are part of their uniforms that append a little (R) or (K) to their names upon examine or in rooms, like the P for prestigious, so people know immediately if there's cops or knights who can stab them in the face in the room just at a glance, to help our antagonists out."

Ghed says, "One: yes, two: not sure"

Arthur states, "Ooo I like the idea of two, I'd love a suffix for being a little Page"

Deedee claims, "I agree on one. I don't think 2 is needed personally"

Temi muses, "What are other thoughts on 2?  Useful, unneeded?"

Deedee says, "Knights have a nice system ICly for identifying ranks and such on sight (spurs of different metals). Reeves and other guilds could do the same."

Temi states, "They should be wearing symbols often already"

Sippycup states, "Usually reeves have reeve gear on"

Motherof claims, "I love it when folks forget there's a reeve in the room and start blabbing about stuff they wouldn't say in front of a reeve."

HIEROPHANT states, "I think 2 would be cool as an opt-in item. The idea here, Deedee, is to identify the po-lice in the room with just a look."

HIEROPHANT claims, "If they are in uniform, anyway."

Deedee states, "Reeves have reeve gear, but nothing to denote the different ranks presently."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Beware the off-duty Knight in a bathrobe in the bathhouse, okay."

Dreams says, "I'm not opposed to 2. I'm sure they can cover it up just like the prestige items, depending on what it is. But, if they're wearing a Reeve cloak or a Knight cloak, for example, it should be immediately obvious when they come in."

Sue states, "It's more about say look west into a room and seeing a cop at a glance, because you can't examine someone from another room"

Deedee states, "Hm."

Dreams states, "Have 20+ people in a room, the flags would make it easier to spot. But, taht said. If there are 20+ people in a room, even nobles should be hard to pick out in a crowd."

Yinadele claims, "Realtalk, as someone else who doesn't alt, HELP CROSSOVER isn't something I've looked at hard either."

HIEROPHANT finishes abruptly, "People have made their own badges and so forth, and spurs work if you look AT the knight's spurs - but it doesn't tell you if John Dudeman whose short desc is just that he's pudgy and bald (as an example) is a Knight or not, even though that should usually be honest at a glance"

Sippycup claims, "Lol"

Yinadele says, "I think 2 is fine if it's attached to wearables, just like ]"

Yinadele states, "P"

Motherof says, "Yeah, an opt-in system like that doesn't sound bad, right off."

Amaranth states, "I want a special pin and gold star. All I get is silly dye."

Ghed says, "I'm worried about too much stuff to track for players old and new"

HIEROPHANT says, "I dunno man if you're in the gshop Chalice uniform it should be clear you're a Knight of some kind. A little [K] on the side."

Ghed states, "And it's more work for Eurus, and I need him slaving away on other matters"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Hm. "

Dreams states, "I do agree that it should be obvious."

Sue claims, "That's fair, I just thought it may be neat "

HIEROPHANT questions, "What if it was an embellishment item?"

Ghed says to Sue, "It's not without merit"

HIEROPHANT says, "That would just be one coded item in each gshop."

Deedee states, "Good point on the not being able to tell from a distance, though."

Temi nods.

Ghed states, "I once insulted Marquis Lorrent de Bastion to his face bc I wasn't looking at his bling bling"

HIEROPHANT states, "You can pin it onto whatever item you have, and people can steal them and dirty Reeves can sell them."

Deedee grins at Ghed.

Ghed says, "Lorrent was Lans on steroids, and super noble"

Temi says, "I don't think it's awful, and it could make sense.  More of a question of where it lies in people's priorities."

Sue states, "I've just seen someone do sus things right in front of me as a Reeve and then go 'oh' because they didn't look at me"

Rowan has lost link.

Temi asks, "Would you give up other code progress for it?"

Ghed says, "I'll add it to staff talking points"

Dove says, "I do feel like people should utilize look more often and that a single look can reveal usually if someone is in uniform"

Sue claims, "And though, if you have seen me IC, every single piece of gear I wear is like"

HIEROPHANT states, "Well. I am obviously biased. But I would like to have this feature."

Sue says, "Literally emblazoned with the scales of justice"

Sue states, "Because they didn't look at me lol"

Dove says, "But also Knowing Ahna Is A Reeve and 'not looking at this random hillwoman' sounds very much like an IC mistake"

Dove says, "Just like people could, plausibly sneak into the room, unhidden, and you won't see them until you use 'look'"

Sue claims, "My underpants has the scales of justice on it"

Dragor says, "Stop lying."

Arthur says, "I just assume everyone has the ability to put me in a prison cell and it works out for me :)"

Sippycup gasps

Dragor states, "You have no underpants."

Dragor claims, "You're a hillbeast."

Motherof states, "Psh. Just ask her tailor."

Amaranth states, "I love it when people do sketchy stuff in front of me without realizing who or what I am :)"

Sue says, "I've tattooed it on the inside of my eyelids"

Deedee claims, "Okay, so moving on from reeve underpants"

Ghed claims, "The reeves stampingeverything with the eye of justice is a long, long recurring meme"

Dreams says, "Perfect Yule gift. All Reeves get underpants."

Deedee states, "We're past the hour :)"

Ghed states, "Yeah I was about to say"

Dove claims, "That's sounding to me like people under-utilizing the code commands and doesnt need to be coded"

Ghed claims, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Sue claims, "JUSTIIIIIICE"

Dragor says, "BYeeeee party people."

Eurus waves.

Cnote discoveries

Dove says, "However you can easily fix that by targetting your cloak in every entry emote"

Motherof waves.

Eurus grabs his net and jumps into the code, ready to go bughunting. [OOC]

Dragor waves.

Deedee waves.

HIEROPHANT trails off, "Godspeed, bug hunter..."

Sue says, "JUUUUSTIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE"

Motherof says, "That is a good call, Dove."

Dove trails off, "Or go everywhere hooded so you're a person in a dank cloak first and Ahna second..."

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

Woodes is no longer idle.
Woodes has returned from AFK.

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Ghed trails off, "1..."

• Information