Log of OOC Meeting 2023-04-01

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Erasmus

Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:53 pm

Ghed declaims to Himbopotamus, "Okay!"

Ghed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe

Ghed says, "Okay, if no other topics"

Ghed states, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Ghed says, "I did a lot of player requests that had been in a bit of a backlog this week, I tried to catch up with everything. I also assisted in Ahalin and uhhh I processed an evicted phome or two."

Ghed muses, "That's it. Teminator?"

Eurus claws his way out of the codebase. [OOC]

Temi states, "Trying to keep up with requests and plots. A reminder to everyone that plots left in needs input will not something else from you before I can do more with them."

HIEROPHANT says, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand that."

HIEROPHANT asks, "Plots left in 'needs input' will what?"

Temi states, "Sorry, will need something else from you."

Ghed claims, "Sometimes staff bounces back a plot to players and sets its status to 'Needs Input'"

Eurus states, "Need input from the submitters before they can be handled"

HIEROPHANT states, "I understood the first part, the typo threw me. Apologies, please continue."

Ghed says, "Many times players forget to actually submit plots and leave them as Drafts"

Ghed nods at HIEROPHANT.

Anya states, "If the plot doesn't have enough information to process, it'll get set as a 'needs input' status. You'll have to resubmit it again after getting the needed things added."

Temi claims, "If you check them again, there will generally be notes from us on what we need."

Temi states, "If you edit them, and submit again, it will kick back for us to review again, though I sometimes check old ones to see if you guys added notes"

Ghed has transferred Brando. [OOC]

Brando claims, "Thanks"

Temi gives a dapper crocodile toy dressed up in matching leather boots to Brando.

Temi has transferred plague. [OOC]

Temi gives a dapper crocodile toy dressed up in matching leather boots to plague.

Ghed has transferred Nameless. [OOC]

Ghed has transferred plague. [OOC]
Ghed has transferred plague. [OOC]

Temi gives a dapper crocodile toy dressed up in matching leather boots to Nameless.

Nameless states, "Crocodile"

plague says, "I've arrived. TWICE"

HIEROPHANT claims, "A plague of plagues."

Ghed wonders to Eurus, "How about you?"

Brando says, "Dopple gangers eh"

Nospeedy pontificates, "The fun has been doubled!"

Eurus claims, "Fixed a few scripts, bunch of bugs, updated a spell, and all that good stuff"

Ghed claims, "You can check 'help news' for the stuff he's done, the maniac"

Ghed muses, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Trogdor claims, "Those who know, know"

Trogdor claims, ":-)"

Nameless states, "Those who know, know"

Those who know, know.

Motherof states, "There have been some things."

Himbopotamus states, "Whewwwww."

Amaranth pontificates, "It's been .. very busy but fun all the same!"

Ruby wonders, "Ok I just want to say the random skill npc event things? Whatever they're called?"

Ruby claims, "Love those/"

Sue claims, "Suffering"

Himbopotamus states, "Ditto to Ruby, DELIGHTFUL surprises."

Himbopotamus claims, "I have gotten like 15 hours of RP out of one of them this week"

Temi grins at Ruby.

plague says, "I've been doing wonderfully."

Nameless says to Sue, "Suffering"

Ruby claims, "Whoever came up with the forage minstrel one I love you."

Temi says, "Skill mini quests, yes. I should see if I can find some time for more at some point, but keeping pretty busy with keeping other stuff going."

HIEROPHANT claims, "I myself have been doing great! My fellow gamers have been having a rough time, though."

Nospeedy questions, "The NPCs that randomly show up for skill checks? I like those, though I haven't been able to do much with them myself yet"

Temi claims, "I think I did most if not all of them. That one definitely."

Ghed states, "You did all, I did a few new ones for the Lothos Revolt"

Ghed states, "Of political agitators and brotherhood agents"

Temi states, "There's a help skill quests helpfile."

Temi nods at Ghed.

Ruby says, "Thank you Temi. "

HIEROPHANT states, "Eurus and I have been playing bug whac-a-mole. He's winning."

Ghed states, "He always wins :)"

Sue claims, "Suffering."

HIEROPHANT states, "He has the hammer."

Ghed wonders, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

HIEROPHANT states, "Nobody thinks about how the moles feel."

Sue questions, "Also quick question is there a helpfile for having the NPC in Ahalin process people?"

Ikeala says, "It's been a curious of week of ups and downs."

Sue states, "Because I've been doing it the hard way."

Sue says, "By personally stripping them."

Himbopotamus states, "Can travel not send me through accept statexits please please please"

Temi says to HIEROPHANT, "The goal is for them to feel headachey."

Himbopotamus claims, "I am begging you, I have a dumb brain and I can't navigate manually, the Theatre is a trap"

Ruby trails off, "Travel crafting sending me to the university crafting room..."

Amaranth says, "I have also been processing people the hard way. >.>"

Ghed states to Sue, "I added it to help news in january"

Nameless claims, "Maybe we could spare prisoners the indignity of stripping"

Ghed says, "It's not helpfiled"

Sue trails off, "Oh..... I didn't notice LOL"

Ghed says, "For some reason the description update I slapped on the guard as un-made"

Ghed says, "It held OOC instructions"

plague states, "Personally, I think manually stripping prisoners (and the capacity for captors to slip up) is better for RP"

Sue says, ":("

Ghed claims, "I'll update the helpfile"

Sue states, "Thanks"

plague claims, "But I understand wanting to make the process less of a bother"

Ghed states to plague, "It is, but it is very, very tedious"

HIEROPHANT says, "That'd be a good topic, plague, if only because I disagree."

Sue says to plague, "Sure but you can't see what's in someone's inventory w/o peek despite them being restrained"

plague states, "So is not getting executed"

Sue claims, "Which is cringe"

Ghed claims, "Especially as cuffed prisoners can't manipulate items"

plague says, "Winks"

Trogdor says, "... where is lans when you need someone to investigate the prison purse"

Ghed states, "And yeah there's no 'get all X' command"

Nameless claims, "Oh god trog"

HIEROPHANT asks, "We can talk about it at length as a topic if you want?"

HIEROPHANT queries, "Seems to be worth doing?"

Ghed claims, "Not up to me"

plague claims, "I don't feel very strongly about it. I think if you end up in Ahalin it is often a failstate and that's fine"

HIEROPHANT states, "M'kay."

plague states, "I'm just a thief at heart so I like the capacity to hide things"

plague states, "That's really it"

Ghed nods.

Trogdor states, "I think that since stuff in ahalin generally requires RPA, it wouldn't really add that much, imho"

Himbopotamus claims, "Could make the NPC imperfect if items are concealed somehow."

Brando nods

HIEROPHANT states, "Plague just wants to hide a pickset between his cheeks, I understand."

plague claims, "You have my intentions precisely detailed."

Ghed queries to Himbopotamus, "How do you conceal items while stripped, except the Obvious Way?"

Brando lol

HIEROPHANT claims, "Extremely proficient legerdemain."

Himbopotamus says to Ghed, "Look man I ain't here to tell plague what he can't do with his cheeks"

Nameless states, "Can you even get out of manacles if you DID keep picks on you"

Ghed laughs.

Amaranth says, "I am not doing that much of a thorough search."

Nameless claims, "I thought you couldnt"

Himbopotamus claims, "He's a free man in God's country"

Ghed says to Nameless, "I think you can't"

HIEROPHANT states, "Yes, check help restrain."

Ghed states, "O"

HIEROPHANT declaims, "Unless that helpfile is wrong!"

Ghed blushes

Ghed says, "Well there you go"

HIEROPHANT declares, "I've never been restrained with handcuffs and lockpicks on me, that's just what the file says! Wahaha!"

Nameless claims, "Hrmph"

Ghed claims, "I've just never been arrested"

plague states, "I think it requires Brotherhood membership acc to helpfile but I don't understand the helpfile tbh"

Nameless says to Ghed, "Clearly this must be solved."

plague states, "Cannot confirm either"

Eurus claims, "It was bugged awhile ago but I vaguely remember working on it"

Trogdor claims, "I think at that layer, if someone does an RPA for ahh.. shall we say, a permanent item stowed somewhere, staff would probably take that into account"

Ghed nods?

Himbopotamus says, "Probably the easiest way to handle it, RPA."

HIEROPHANT claims, "You need the lockpicking skill to do it at all, according to help restrain."

plague states, "RPA as a God-of-the-gaps isn't the answer to ALL mechanics

Ruby trails off, "An RPA for storing lockpicks between one's cheeks..."

Trogdor says, "And then their exit would be something like 'so-and-so walks east with an odd gate, as if holding something tight.'"

Himbopotamus says, "Though I would laugh uncontrollably if someone could just walk around with lockpicks concealed at all times in the chance of this happening and possibly have it work."

Ghed states, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed claims to Himbopotamus, "Our first and only"

Nospeedy wonders, "Ah, thats interesting, you can lockpick yourself out of shackles or someone else has to?"

Himbopotamus claims, "That's what all the gentlemen call me okay one sec-"

Ruby drinks from a neat, unadorned opalescent drinking glass on slender stem.

Himbopotamus exclaims, "Okay! I have noticed lately that a lot of our guilds feel stretched thin PC-count wise, though folks are doing a great job making things happen just the same. But I wondered about dual-guilding, not just for covert guilds but main ones. This used to exist back when I played and has been removed at some point for what are probably very good reasons!"

Himbopotamus claims, "But I was just curious what people think about it these days."

Nameless states, "I think if you could be in 2 overt guilds, it would return us to the situation of 'this person isnt in a guild they MUST be a thief/mage', except now itll be 'this person is only in one guild, they MUST be a thief/mage'"

Ghed states, "It was a very bad mess back in the day, and we had more characters"

Rowan is idle.

Anya states, "The guilds are actually a lot more populated than they were, say, three years ago. Two years ago. Yeah."

Jackassaurus asks, "Dual Guilding is not in?"

Rowan is no longer idle.

Ghed claims to Jackassaurus, "No bro"

Ghed has transferred Sippycup. [OOC]

Jackassaurus says, "Didn’t know that."

Ruby asks, "As someone who has not been around very long I worry about two main guilds duel guilding, like a doctor bard. Main + covert sounds fine though?"

Ghed claims, "Removed in like 2018"

Temi states, "Dual guilding is only for regular + covert, yes."

Jackassaurus muses, "Accept for the Court right?"

Temi gives a dapper crocodile toy dressed up in matching leather boots to Sippycup.

HIEROPHANT states, "You can do covert/non-covert, but not dual-noncovert. Court works though, yes, though GL restrictions still apply."

Brando states, "Ima against it on grounds that regardless of guildmembers feeling thinly stretched the guilds are quite packed with players since i last checked guildlists last week. "

Sue says, "Eh. I wouldn't permit it in the Reeves based simply on the idea I don't want enforcers of the law to have a conflict of interest or competing objectives."

plague states, "I prefer the current system to the alternative."

Ghed says, "Overt/overt led us to people just doing it for the guildskills and not being any more effective at their work"

Ruby queries, "Can I join the Reeves Sue?"

HIEROPHANT states, "I feel like guild membership and guildleader activity are correlated, personally.

And that would worsen the situation wherein a single character dips between every guild and collects every skill and becomes self-reliant by making it that much easier."

Sue claims, "No."

Nameless says, "Yes sue i would like to join reeves as well"

Brando nods at sue

Trogdor says, "Yeah, i wouldn't allow it in the order, either"

Ghed says, "Like everyone was X+merchant, to get the crafts"

Temi nods at Ghed.

Ikeala says, "Honestly as far as Guildskills people just Guild hop and/or get friends to teach them."

HIEROPHANT claims to Ghed, "Yes, that. Or X+physician to get medicine."

Jackassaurus says, "Ah, that makes sense"

Sue claims, "Get out of here Merlin. No wizards in the Reeves."

Ghed says to Ikeala, "Should get punished big for that"

Himbopotamus says, "Okay, well! I thought it worked very well in the past and was helpful, and would be more helpful now, buuut I can see that's a minority opinion. *grin*"

HIEROPHANT claims to Ikeala, "Yes, but we want the latter and don't want the former."

Nameless states, "Ive already found some people using ROLES to buy into guilds just to level guildskills already, with no intention of RPing with that guild"

Nospeedy eats a plump oatcake with juicy apple pieces and swirls of honey.

HIEROPHANT exclaims, "Make friends IC and get them to teach you guild secrets!"

Ghed says to Himbopotamus, "In an ideal world"

Temi states, "There was definitely less connection to anyone guild and really being a visible member of each guild if you could just sort of 'half join' by still being in another main job."

Ghed has transferred Fiona. [OOC]

Brando nods

Himbopotamus states, "Ehhh, agree to disagree."

plague states, "It's easier said than done to make friends who will teach you guild secrets sometimes, though it is ideal"

Fiona claims, "Hi hello"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Collude! Do crime! Cause havoc! And, Nameless, that... might be worth sending a staff report about. You are meant to roleplay your purchased roles."

Anya says to Ghed, "Yeah. I feel like dual-guilding for regular/regular would be about as bad as those who join to megapool, get all the skills high enough, then dump that guild to go to another one. They'd just be able to do it faster. Guild-hopping wouldn't lessen."

Himbopotamus states, "No need to take up more time on this, though."

Motherof says, "Maybe don't sign contracts that say you won't teach, and then go teach though, unless you want Sue to come pay you a visit, just saying."

Nameless states, "Shrug"

Motherof claims, "Or sign them"

Fiona states, "I don't recommend dual-guilding public guilds"

Temi states, "And most of the guilds should really be RPed as full time jobs, so additional work should really be a big exception there"

Ghed states to Himbopotamus, "Mind you it's a reasonable proposition"

HIEROPHANT states, "There are no other topics, we can wax poetic on it until someone comes up with another topic, I think."

Temi gives a dapper crocodile toy dressed up in matching leather boots to Fiona.

Himbopotamus nods at Ghed.

Brando i have done both, taught friends and had friends teach me ... its doable.

Himbopotamus trails off, "Thanks for saying so! But yeah, with strong opinions against it..."

HIEROPHANT says, "I think it'd incentivize unwanted behavior more than incentivize good behavior. It isn't a bad idea inherently."

Trogdor says, "That"

Sue claims, "Haha... guildskills... imagine being in a guild that has guildskills."

Nameless states, "Ha ha ha"

Sue looks at the Reeves.

Nameless says, "Yeah"

Nameless says, "Ha ha"

Nameless states, "Imagine"

plague claims, "Checks your papers"

Trogdor claims, "Ooof, too close"

Nameless suffers in silence.

Temi states, "There's good arguments for it, in special circumstances, but when it becomes available and the defacto, it's often been more problematic than helpful."

Dragor says, "Your guildskill is Hillbeasting."

Trogdor says, "I mean, at least reeves can look at paperwork"

Sue says, "Wow."

Trogdor trails off, "Priests get... well, nothing"

Jackassaurus claims, "I get a sword"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Reeves get the all-powerful ability to shout STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM."

Ikeala says, "I think there is also the question if it encourages more alting. Which can cause different sets of problems."

Motherof states, "Verify is my favorite command, ever, forever."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Knights get swords and the Arrest command."

plague claims, "Oh it would actually disincentivize alting."

Jackassaurus states, "Anyone can arrest"

Nameless states, "I still want sword to not be a guildskill"

Himbopotamus says, "I reeeally want to argue with people and I'm trying not to"

plague states, "If you're in certain guilds you can't join other ones"

HIEROPHANT claims, "No, anyone can -restrain-."

Himbopotamus states, "Because everybody disagrees with me"

Himbopotamus questions, "So NEW TOPIC??"

Trogdor exclaims, "Priests get the ring command, i guess.... so we can ring bells!"

Nospeedy states, "Reeves be like Stop! You have violated the Law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentance. Your stolen goods are now forfeit"

Brando says, "Think about what its going to cost ok.. more time on the game OR less time working in your main guild ... thats the two compromises and I dont like the look of either of those things personally. I am maxed out being a merchant."

Jackassaurus muses, "Knights can’t arrest then"

HIEROPHANT says, "There are no new topics. Yours was the only one given."

Himbopotamus says, "Augh"

Himbopotamus claims, "Somebody come up with a new topic so everybody will stop arguing with me"

HIEROPHANT states, "Weird, Jackassaurus. The help restrain helpfile says knights and reeves can."

Jackassaurus stands up.

Trogdor says, "Lets talk about all the ways in which can argue with himbo"

Sue says, "Uhhh topic uhhhhh"

Temi states, "I think knights should be able to use arrest, so that may be unintended if you can't"

HIEROPHANT claims, "We aren't arguing with you in particular at this point, this is just a general discussion."

Amaranth says, "Well anyone can technically arrest someone .."

Sue claims, "I would just like to say I think it's really funny the dark cloaks run away from me now when they see me sometimes, thanks Ghed."

Brando hugs himbo

Himbopotamus declares, "(Sorry, was a joke!)"

HIEROPHANT says, "Arrest does not flag the authorities when you do it in public, but restrain does."

Sippycup says, "We need more hippos on grid to hunt"

plague says, "To clarify for the crowd: 'arrest' is the lawful detainment command, 'restrain' is the nonlawful detainment command"

Jackassaurus trails off, "I mean... if wanna arrest someone I will go old fashioned way"

Himbopotamus finishes abruptly, "Anybody can restrain, knights/reeves can - yes"

plague states, "Knights and Reeves can use the former"

HIEROPHANT declares, "You should still leave a mood in the room either way, and/or spread rumors!"

plague says, "If you use restrain the cops will come get you"

Ghed claims, "You restrain in the bedroom"

Nameless says, "This is why you should only restrain once they're already unconscious"

plague states, "Oh hey you know what there's a topic"

Sue claims, "Cease"

Nameless sagenods.

Dragor says, "Ghed NO"

Sue claims, "OH THAT'S A TOPIC"

HIEROPHANT claims, "If you restrain in the bedroom please do not elaborate in your restraint emote."

Ruby states, "Flash your stats in the bedroom."

Nameless says, "Too late its happening"

HIEROPHANT states, "Staff see restraint emotes."

Brando lmao

Nameless states, "THEN THEY'RE GONNA ENJOY THE SHOW"

Dragor says, "I always flash my champion ride in the bedroom."

Himbopotamus states, "Can't be worse than what people do with magic"

Trogdor queries, "Can you self restrain?"

Nameless claims, "No"

Sue claims, "Ghed please make it so the NPC reeves during high lawfulness don't yell at me for stabbing dark cloaks ty ty. I whack one and they appear and go STOP YOUR LAWFLESSNESS and I'm like 'witch I am your boss'."

Sippycup claims, "Lol"

Jackassaurus questions, "I’d rather drag them to tower for all to see than type something to magically send them there anyway"

Ghed states to Sue, "That's up to Eurus, lol, it's script, not mobprog"

Sue says, "Damn"

Trogdor states, "Everyone knows the reeves are bribed by the dark cloaks"

HIEROPHANT trails off, "I'd love that also, but..."

Sue says, ":sobcat:"

plague says, "Hey bros it's actually super inconvenient to commit crimes. Like the amount of busywork you have to do, while hurrying to race the clock against someone catching you, and then documenting everything you did? Man. Man it's so much. I don't have a solution and I kind of like it but actually it's crippling. I haven't crimed in quite some time but when I did? Jesus. Christ."

Brando says, "Everyone now needs to go read the help files on mudsex ok. restrain in the bedroom is a fade to black scene methinks"

Sue states, "Simply do not crime"

Ghed states to plague, "Ideally after the deed yeah"

Nameless claims, "Criming can be hard"

Sue claims, "Amen"

Himbopotamus claims to plague, "This is a super good point I think, despite not having any experience commiting crimes"

plague says, "Can't mood from your safe place."

Fiona claims to Himbopotamus, "Likely story."

plague states, "Writes mood, character dies as a result"

Himbopotamus claims, "But it seems the risk/reward balance is not good."

Nameless states, "Fortunately there is a way to crime without having to do anything"

Nameless states, "Just be someone the order don't like"

Himbopotamus states to Fiona, "Ok despite not having any experience commiting crimes in the last seven years."

HIEROPHANT states, "Oh, new topic, okay. Crime. This is relevant to my interests. It's VERY hard to do crime due to the ticking clock effect, yes."

Ghed says, "It's hard. Sometimes people like to win and just win."

Trogdor declaims, "We like everyone! we like everyone we burn them at the stake so that they can go to heaven! if thats not like, i don't know what is!"

Dragor claims, "Criming is extremely stressful, yes."

Sippycup states, "Lol"

Ruby queries, "Are there skill quests for Crime?"

Nameless claims, "When the result of losing is death, it gets that way"

Jackassaurus says to trogdor, "Lol"

Ghed says, "I remember when Laxus triggered an order alert in the Keep, the entire online pop came there to whack him"

Ghed states, "Despite him just wanting to spoop one person"

Motherof states, "The last time I murdered someone, I put up all the moods, ran away, and then realized the next day that they were 1-day moods because I had forgotten to make them longer, manually."

Sippycup says, "Lol wow"

plague says, "I say this having almost never actually being caught in the act of ever doing anything illegal"

Himbopotamus states, "Skill quests for crime are a cool idea to make some slightly less loaded ways to crime up."

Brando queries, "Ima unfamiliar with crime in game mechanics ... maybe successful crimes should be rewarded more XP eh?"

Ghed states to Motherof, "Moods are 1 week, not 1 day by default"

HIEROPHANT queries, "You have to set moods for a duration...?"

Motherof says, "I felt like suuuuuuch a big murdering jerk."

plague states, "But it's because I spent like 3-4 hours of prep work in advance for it most of the time"

Sue states, "You won't die if you crime unless you commit a murder"

Ghed states, "If this happens tell staff and we'll fix it"

Nameless states, "Murdering is bad mkay"

Anya questions, "I thought moods were like, a year by default?"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Yeah, that."

Ghed says, "If you forget to leave a mood, tell staff and we'll fix it too"

Motherof claims, "Oh? This was years ago. Hm."

HIEROPHANT says, "The moods I have set have lasted a year."

Trogdor queries, "I mean, criminals who are bad at it get caught, right?"

Sue states, "If you do a bit of thievery it even still takes like 3 arrests to get your hand lopped off"

plague states, "And even then I had MASSIVE messups sometimes and it cost me like 20 minutes and that was a purely OOC thing that scared the hell out of me"

if you forget to leave a mood, tell staff and we'll fix it too

Sue claims, "The only way you die is if you do a murder"

Ruby says, "I would love more skill quest opportunities to Crime Time, I have definitely seen that there's one for escorting a lady out somewhere "

Sue states, "Or get caught sucking the brotherhood's toes"

Motherof states, "Wait. I've murdered after that, since."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Hypothetically, Ghed."

Nameless states, "I will keep that in mind sue, when i practice my flying loop-de-loops in the reeve courtyard"

Himbopotamus questions to plague, "What part of criming sucks the most? The mood?"

plague says, "That is true Trogdor but as much as I like getting caught, I think getting caught is very fun, it's getting caught for reasons that are fun vs unfun. This isn't related to any current events, or even anything that happened"

Temi nods at Ruby.

Sue says, "I have bows, do not come here"

HIEROPHANT muses, "If I do a crime that by its nature requires me to move very, very quickly from place to place, is it acceptable to request board my moods for those rooms beforehand?"

plague claims, "Yes I'd say having to write the moods is the worst part because it happens in the course of the act"

Himbopotamus exclaims, "I was just thinking that, Hiero!"

Nameless declares, "Wtf you just said!"

HIEROPHANT questions, "If I edit the board note with the room vnums and exact mood texts?"

Ruby says, "Ok wait I have a topic that just popped in my head unrelated to all of this but it's more of a clarification than anything else"

Nameless says, "Its a nice open courtyard perfect for such things what is the problem sue"

Himbopotamus states, "Some way to do the moods and etc. post-hoc."

HIEROPHANT states, "I understand staff will help if I forget, but if I were to, say, assassinate a high-ranking public official in a semi-public place I have a matter of seconds to minutes to flee, not hours."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Not that I am planning that."

HIEROPHANT says, "It's just a hypothetical."

Nameless claims, "It does depend on city metrics"

HIEROPHANT says, "For now."

Nameless states, "High lawfulness = faster reports to reeve ooc channel"

Jackassaurus claims, "A semi public place will be hard anyway"

plague states, "There are many other things that kind of blow like the amount of prepwork you have to do to not die to RPA and the fact that the game is so heavily stacked against you as a crimer just on a fluff and mechanics level but that's, like, that's baked into the design and a thing I don't ENTIRELY dislike, it's just that there are many Layers to that."

HIEROPHANT states, "It does, but those reports are still measured in minutes."

Nameless states, "High piety means the same for order"

Trogdor eyes heirophant uncertainly.

Sue claims, "Instantaneous reports"

Sue says, "Smug"

Ruby claims, "Please don't kill me Hiero D:"

Ghed claims, "Hiero"

Ghed says, "Yes, but we don't want people to shift that to become the norm"

HIEROPHANT says, "Gotcha."

Ghed says, "We're not in charge of moods, players are"

HIEROPHANT says, "So that should ONLY be done if it is obviously and provably unfeasible from the get-go."

Anya states, "I'd write moods in notepad++ ahead of time, and then mood, paste, @x, run."

HIEROPHANT states, "Such as very public crimes wherein you need to do a thing and run away."

Ghed claims, "If it's running away from, say, stealing the crown from the king's very head in the middle of Court, then OK WE WILL DO IT"

Nameless claims, "Moods dont have to be real complicated"

HIEROPHANT claims, "They do sometimes."

Ruby states, "I do like the moods about the crocodile blaring around me and I completely ignored them and ran face first into the dude."

Himbopotamus loools.

HIEROPHANT states, "Depends on the crime you do. Theft requires some heavy detail."

Motherof says, "Oh, Ruby."

plague claims, "I would very much prefer to leave interesting and enticing moods rather than crappy ones."

Himbopotamus trails off, "Prob can't write moods in advance if you don't know what the room looks like, too. Is it possible to do something like..."

Ghed wonders to plague, "Pre-write?"

Himbopotamus states, "I don't know. A crime command that flags/logs the room."

Nameless states, "Mood "theres some blood here on the ground. and a dead body. something violent happened""

Himbopotamus states, "And then you can edit a mood from afar in a room you crimed."

Ghed says to Himbopotamus, "Hmmmmmmmmm"

Ghed think-emojis

HIEROPHANT claims, "That'd be very ideal, yes."

Himbopotamus states, "That way you don't have to pre-write without knowing what the room looks like, and you could link the log to cnotes and stuff or whatever."

Ghed queries to Eurus, "Making bash auto mood?"

HIEROPHANT says, "Bash, invoking certain spells, pick-locking a door."

Ghed states, "Or something like the extra line that magic vines or mage ash leave"

Anya claims, "Bash should absolutely auto-mood. >.>"

Himbopotamus says, "Auto-mood for anything coded is awesome."

Brando says, "Scout ahead ... do recon ok. "

HIEROPHANT states, "Recon is hard in some places."

HIEROPHANT says, "Such as places behind xblocks."

Temi nods.

HIEROPHANT claims, "Not impossible, just... hard."

Nameless says, "There are certain xblocks that i -really- hate"

Himbopotamus says, "Auto-moods and some 'edit from afar' ability would solve a lot of this, I think/hope."

Temi says, "Hard can make for good rp when you think and work to overcome it."

Eurus states, "Easy enough, just need it noted somewhere or I will certainly forget"

HIEROPHANT says, "Edit from afar I think is best."

Ghed muses to Himbopotamus, "I don't... dislike it?"

HIEROPHANT states, "I'll post something for it on uhh"

plague has lost link.
plague has reconnected.

Ghed nods at Eurus.

Ghed claims to Eurus, "I'll write it down"

plague states, "So I lost my last message"

plague trails off, "I would very much prefer my character to be caught based on IC rather than OOC however, so if there is ever a choice... (repost)"

Himbopotamus states, "Heyyyy, not dislike is a good start."

Brando says, "If crime was easy everybody would do it eh."

plague claims, "But, uh, we have a tornado warning apparently so there's that"

Ruby has lost link.
Ruby has reconnected.

Himbopotamus says, "Do not get caught by a tornado"

Ruby claims, "Have fun in Oz."

Brando says, "Oi ima in Oz :P"

Sippycup states, "Lol"

Sippycup says, "There's no place like home"

HIEROPHANT states, "Even if it's just a list of rooms by name and vnum that are added to a list:

1. Automatically, when you perform Crime Actions, or
2. Manually, when you run a command, such as crimeflag or moodflag or something like that."

Brando hides behind his curtain.

plague says, "Entering Crime Mode to do Crimes would be infinitely less bad"

Sue looks all around.

Himbopotamus claims, "Agreed, Hiero, doesn't need to be fancy for that."

plague asks, "Then maybe you could edit them once you're in your safehouse??"

plague asks, "Is that what I missed about the suggestion?"

plague says, "Local power go LOL"

Fiona claims, "That'd be cool"

Himbopotamus says to plague, "Yes! Sorry, timing."

Nameless states, "Crime Mode"

plague says, "Not your fault"

Fiona says, "CRIME MODE"

Himbopotamus claims, "A crime command to save the room for mood editing later."

Sue says, "May god smite all crimers amen"

Nameless states, "CRIME MODE"

HIEROPHANT claims, "Oh - the idea was to have Crime Actions add to a list of flagged rooms you can check, similar to a list of cnotes."

plague says, "Have it manual as well and it's perfect."

plague states, "That would make my life so much easier."

Ruby states, "Sue, if you make crime easier, more people will do it = more people to arrest."

plague says, "You know, if I did crimes."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Yes! One of the Crime Actions is just a command that adds the room to your list and nothing else."

Temi muses, "I don't think I entirely follow what you're thinking will be included in crime mode?"

HIEROPHANT says, "Any action that should always leave behind physical evidence or is required by policy after taking that coded action."

Ikeala states, "I mean it automatically adding a cnote to your list rather than a reminder just at base might remind people to flesh out their notes as well."

Jackassaurus states to Temi, "Crime will be included. I think."

HIEROPHANT says, "Such as lockpicking or bashing a door, bloody combat, or the use of certain spells, as noted in their helpfiles."

Himbopotamus claims, "So my original thought was just type crime (or whatever) and it'll save the room to a list; you can edit the mood for places on that list from afar, maybe within a certain time-span. You use the command for any crimes that do not auto-mood, or when you can't mood on the fly."

Temi says, "I mean the results"

Temi asks, "Just for moods for later?"

plague states, "They mean it would flag you to set the moods"

Nameless says, "Combat is next to impossible to use in crime"

HIEROPHANT says, "Oh. The result is just a list of rooms you can view and edit the mood of once."

Himbopotamus says, "That would be the simplest implementation, Temi, yeah."

Nameless claims, "Cuz the target can just wait out the 5 minute round timer and give everyone else time to arrive and dogpile you"

Himbopotamus claims, "Tying it to auto-cnote wouldn't be bad either if desired but doesn't seem necessary."

HIEROPHANT says, "I don't think auto-cnotes are required, the list should be enough and this is enough of a burden on Eurus as-is."

Eurus says, "I don't hate the idea of a command that submits a cnote to be paired with crimes since cnotes would be checked for any plots anyways, which can include post mortem moods"

HIEROPHANT says, "KISS principle."

HIEROPHANT says, "Not the band."

Eurus says, "But anything beyond that is sort of overkill easily replaced by a request board with the same level of effort for the crime person and staff "

Himbopotamus claims, "Makes sense to me."

Himbopotamus states, "The moods is the big added gain."

Nameless claims, "What is the kiss principle"

HIEROPHANT says, "Keep It Simple, Stupid."

Nameless says, "How i have never heard this before"

Brando claps

Jackassaurus says, "Army acronym"

Himbopotamus says, "I recommend more kissing"

Temi claims, "I hear it a lot in tech too."

Saijester states, "I got into a lot of trouble for kissing"

Saijester states, "I dont recommend it"

Himbopotamus states, "I recommend less kissing"

Sippycup claims, "If you do that you have to use the breed command j/k"

Nameless claims, "Breed just from kissing"

Nameless says, "Urth biology"

Saijester states, "Thats how lithmorrans think it happens"

Ghed claims, "Okay folks, if there's no other topics I'll just beam you down"

Saijester says, "Send me back, big man"

HIEROPHANT states, "I have no idea what the etymology of the phrase is. In any case - a way to remotely mood rooms after you've executed a command to flag that room and at it to a list would be great and make crime more feasible to do without making it any easier to accomplish than makes "sense", yes. Good idea.

I like crime."

Nameless claims, "Crime es no bueno"

Sue claims, "I hate crime grrrr"

Ghed says to Nameless, "XD"

Nameless says, "I will grrr with sue"

Jackassaurus claims, "I like crime"

Nameless says, "You would"

Anya says, "I have no topic."

Ghed says, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Motherof waves.

Himbopotamus exclaims, "Thanks staff!"

Ghed claims, "C N O T E D I S C O V E R I E S"

Motherof states, "Be good everyone."

Eurus claims, "Remember to bug or request board code clarifications or I will forget you told me"

Himbopotamus grins at Ghed.

Motherof states, "But not TOO good."

Brando claims, "So criming is fubah and thats a snafu and so its gets a bandaid fix ... got it."

Sue states, "Cnote quick ghed smells like vapor rub"

HIEROPHANT claims, "I have started cnoting almost every scene. Help."

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

Nameless states, "Cnote quick sue smells like a farmhorse"

Temi claims, "And answer plots and kick them back to queued."

Sue says, "Ligma"

Ghed trails off, "2..."

Ghed trails off, "1..."

Nameless states, "No u"

• Information