brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
A pile of garden compost is here. (center)
RamblingSeert is here.
Jackassaurus is here.
Bishaar is here.
Jiraiya is here.
Tomato is here.
Sparkles is here.
Kalana is here.
Winifred is here.
trogdor is here.
Deedee is here.
Ruby is here.
Temi is here.

Temi has transferred Woodes. [OOC]

Trogdor states, "The misfits, 'helena'"

Temi has transferred ANON. [OOC]

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Ruby.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Deedee.

ANON has returned from AFK.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Brando.

Ruby holds a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail in his hand.

Ruby tosses his wooden token into the air. As it descends, he catches it exposes which side has landed face up: the fish tail.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to trogdor.

Deedee lifts a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to her nose and sniffs at it.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Winifred.

Ruby tosses his wooden token into the air. As it descends, he scrambles to catch it, but it falls to the ground where he scoops it up again.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Kalana.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Sparkles.

hold rat
Brando holds a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail in her hand.

Ruby tosses his wooden token into the air. As it descends, he catches it exposes which side has landed face up: the fish tail.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Tomato.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Jiraiya.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Bishaar.

use rat
Brando tosses her wooden token into the air. As it descends, she scrambles to catch it, but it falls to the ground where she scoops it up again.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Jackassaurus.

Winifred declaims, "Woah!"

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to RamblingSeert.

RamblingSeert states, "I close my eyes and seize it."
Winifred holds a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail in her hand.

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Woodes.

Ruby stops using a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail.

Winifred tosses her wooden token into the air. As it descends, she catches it exposes which side has landed face up: the rat's head.
Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to ANON.

RamblingSeert holds a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail in his hand.

RamblingSeert tosses his wooden token into the air. As it descends, he catches it exposes which side has landed face up: the fish tail.

say very cool item thanks Temi.

Brando says, "Very cool item thanks Temi."

Bishaar claims, "I light my torch and burn it"

Temi asks, "Alright. Did I miss anyone?"

Temi has transferred Dragor. [OOC]

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Dragor.

(visnet) Staff Temi: Did I miss anyone for OOC chat?

Dragor says, "Hello friends"

Dragor says, "I propose we beat up Winry."

say hi @ Dragor. * waves *

Brando states, "Hi @ Dragor. * waves *"

Ruby claims, "I second the motion."

Winifred says, "WHAT"

Winifred claims, "NO"

Winifred says, "DON'T BEAT ME UP,,,"

Tomato says, "No I love her like a child she must be protected at all costs"

Deedee draws a damascus steel battle axe with a reinforced ironwood haft.

Dragor states, "Child abuse is on theme."

Woodes states, "Spare the rod"

Winifred stops using a sword-hilt damascus dagger, etched with intricate florals.

Winifred wields a sword-hilt damascus dagger, etched with intricate florals.

Winifred claims, "I'LL SHIV 'YA"

remove rat
Brando stops using a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail.

RamblingSeert supplies the theme of Winry beating.

Temi queries, "Alright, let's go ahead and get started. Can I get a volunteer to scribe for us today?"

RamblingSeert exclaims, "Gah I can't do it when the meeting's started! That's just weird!"

Crickets chirp. [Deedee]

say i can scribe.

Brando claims, "I can scribe."

Deedee says, "I can if no one else."

Temi declares, "Thanks Brando!"

say you're welcome.

Brando claims, "You're welcome."

Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

say lets get this meeeting started eh?

Brando muses, "Lets get this meeeting started eh?"

Temi queries, "Alright, so Ghed was thinking he wasn't going to be available today, so it's just us. Our agenda for today: 1) Staff updates, 2) Player heartbeat and 3) Player topics. Does anyone have topics to get on the list to start with?"

RamblingSeert trails off, "I'm not upset by anything (anymore) so..."

Temi states, "Well, that's a good start"

Temi grins at RamblingSeert.

Tomato says, "I had something but I admit I totally forgot, ill let you know if I remember"

Temi nods at Tomato.

say i have a topic on the craft command ok.

Brando says, "I have a topic on the craft command ok."

Woodes states, "Oh."

Dragor begins to count their money.

Temi nods at Brando.

Temi says, "Okay, let's get started then"

, nods

Brando nods

Temi says, "So, staff updates! For me, the big plot continues to be a main focus, though I've been out of town for the last couple weeks, so things have been a little slower on all fronts."

Deedee nods.

, nods

Brando nods

Temi says, "But happy to get stuff moving along as everyone is available for such. If you have a plot out, please do get back on any needs input bits."

say thats fine Temi, it will have given players time to craft more items to donate towards that cause.

Brando says, "Thats fine Temi, it will have given players time to craft more items to donate towards that cause."

Temi nods in agreement with Brando.

Temi says, "Leta is at least taking a break from staffing, as Ghed posted about it, so we apologize if anything slows down a bit on that account."

Sparkles says, "Donate free booze to whichever side you want too drunk to fight."

, nods and then laughs at /sparkles comment.

Brando nods and then laughs at sparkles comment.

Winifred says, "I hope Leta gets some much needed rest. <3"

Temi nods in agreement.

, nods at /winifred

Brando nods at Winifred

Temi states, "We all wish her very well."

Temi muses, "Anyway! Continuing on. Player heartbeat. How has RP been this week?"

Dragor claims, "RP has been good! I had fun at the festival and when a mage popped up and went all spooky."

[Merchants] : A guild member is responding to a notification.

RamblingSeert says, "I get quiet during big gatherings but otherwise I've been good."

Dragor states, "TBF tho most what I've done was some crafting and interpersonal stuff, which was also fun."

Deedee claims, "Pretty usual here, haven't had much time to play"

Ruby queries, "You know that feeling when you have an essay due and you delay doing it until 10 pm when it's due at 11:59 pm?"

Ruby states, "Me."

Tomato claims, "RP has been lovely, unfortunately work has not been lovely"

(visnet) Player Pauline: Can I get a beam up?

Deedee nods.

Temi has transferred Sippycup. [OOC]

Temi gives a small wooden token etched with a rat head and a fish tail to Sippycup.

Sippycup sits down and rests.

Ruby queries, "Why's work been bad for you?"

Dragor claims, "Sorry I haven't been around so much btw? I've picked up Phantom Brigade."

Kalana declares, "Been doing well! And varying events all weekend"

say i have had a better week this week than forthe month prior to this week. i got 30hrs played and of that 15hrs was RP and i finally got my death XP to over 240,000 at 50 percent rec level. so I am pretty happy with that. imapissed that i missed the cooking competition though * sad panda face * .

Brando says, "I have had a better week this week than forthe month prior to this week. i got 30hrs played and of that 15hrs was RP and i finally got my death XP to over 240,000 at 50 percent rec level. so I am pretty happy with that. imapissed that i missed the cooking competition though * sad panda face * . "

Jackassaurus says, "Also apologies on my end. Picked up a new client and trying to finish editing their obnoxiously long form video sooner so I can be done with it."

Sparkles claims, "Seems like I'm coming back on grid to a lot going on."

Winifred trails off, "I've been getting by. So many tailors..."

Winifred trails off, "So few me's..."

Deedee says, "I wonder if there's a clone spell."

Jackassaurus claims, "...erm, not a codable one."

, shrugs

Brando shrugs

Temi grins.

Temi wonders, "Sounds pretty good in general? Anything bothering anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Winifred claims, "The Great Flood 2: Flood Of Winry"

Temi says, "That isn't already a topic, that is."

RamblingSeert gets his mallet...

Deedee says, "Dunno, feeling a bit burned out I guess. Hard to get involved in anything of late."

Sippycup trails off, "Inflation... but not here in Lithmore"

Temi claims, "I'm afraid we can only handle TI issues."

Temi grins at Sippycup.

Temi nods at Deedee.

Bishaar states, "I will say one small thing."

Bishaar says, "I have been working with paper, ledgers, books, etc. lately and."

Bishaar says, "I don't even know how to bugboard what's wrong with them. They are a mess. I'm still trying to reproduce some of the bugs but boy howdy do they not work well."

Deedee claims, "It's an old system that's been patched up a bunch of times"

Bishaar says, "It's not a complaint so much as a gentle reminder to everyone to maybe not put papers you only have one copy of, into ledgers or books. And for my fellow Merchants: do not stamp your paper items. Do noooot stamp anything that is written on."

Temi muses, "Hrm. Just weirdnesses, or functional problems?"

Bishaar states, "Functional problems. Stamping papers causes strange behavior with anything that interacts with paper, for example."

Sparkles wonders, "Stamping papers like you'd stamp items?"

Bishaar claims, "Yes, for example, retooled paper from the Artwork skill"

Deedee claims, "There's still the issue where read 2.paper or higher still only targets 1.paper."

Bishaar states, "I had to have someone re-send me some stuff earlier because I put it in a ledger and then later tore it out to make a copy of it, and when I tore it out, the only content on the paper was the stamp instead of the message body."

Deedee claims, "Whoops."

Bishaar states, "Weird things like that. Just, y'know, be careful, and maybe scribe yourself a copy of any documents that -really- need to be kept safe."

Tomato claims, "The 'stamp' command adds a special description to the item that shows on appraise, so I'm not surprised it messes with ledgers"

Temi says, "Ah, that's odd."

Temi nods.

say noted @ Bishaar, thank you for this information.

Brando claims, "Noted @ Bishaar, thank you for this information. "

Tomato claims, "I might advise not stamping books or mail or stuff, I don't think they were intended to be stamped"

Bishaar claims, "Yeah, that's all from me, I don't have a full-on topic or anything. Yeah, I figure as much, I've stopped stamping anything that uses the 'write' command in any capacity."

Bishaar states, "Similarly, uhh, don't retool paper objects after you've written on them."

Temi states, "Unfortunately, any big fixes are probably not in the cards soon."

Temi nods.

, nods at /bishaar

Brando nods at Bishaar

Sparkles questions, "Also does the trademark/stamp helpfile remind about the ASCII brackets for screenreaders?"

Deedee claims, "It's okay to retool them after, just be sure to CLONE the old keywords to the new ones"

Temi states, "If you can note them down to a real bug note, please do, but as you mentioned, might be hard to summarize"

Jackassaurus has lost link.
Jackassaurus has reconnected.

Trogdor is idle.

Bishaar states, "Yeah, the writing seems to stick to just the keyword you used when opening the writing polca. Uhh - No, help stamp does not. And, yeah, Temi, it's not something I've been able to reliably reproduce. once I get the steps down for reproducing it I'll bugboard it, I don't want to send Eurus on a wild goose hunt."

Temi nods at Bishaar.

, gives thumbsup to /bishaar

Brando gives thumbsup to Bishaar

Temi says, "Fair, we appreciate keeping the eye out."

Bishaar questions, "I can submit an update for help stamp. Are there any other helpfiles that involve writing/descs that don't mention help ascii?"

Temi claims, "And feel free to typo note about that not being included in the helpfile, yeah"

Jackassaurus says, "Lol omfg this internet "

Temi comforts Jackassaurus.

Deedee says to Jackassaurus, "Welcome back"

Sparkles claims, "Some of those might be Merchant only."

Temi muses, "Alright, anything else on people's minds before we move onto topics?"

say recommends and rumors ... @

Brando trails off, "Recommends and rumors ... @ "

say recommends and rumors ... @ Everybody , please do them ok.

Brando claims, "Recommends and rumors ... @ Everybody , please do them ok."

Temi states, "I do have a nice pile of recommends to get through, and will try to spend some time on those today, though I also have a policy thing to dig into"

Temi questions, "Alright, Brando, you had a topic?"

, nods

Brando nods

say I have been a member of TI:L for years and yet I didnt know that nearly all skills have recipes... like foraging has recipes wow , and there is a set of recipes that are unskilled. I just wanted to let all my fellow members know that ok.

Brando claims, "I have been a member of TI:L for years and yet I didnt know that nearly all skills have recipes... like foraging has recipes wow , and there is a set of recipes that are unskilled. I just wanted to let all my fellow members know that ok."

Woodes is idle.

Jiraiya wonders, "Forage has recipes?"

Temi states, "We do use the craft system for skill mini-quests which you might find items about for"

say help craft <skill> -all ... should list them ok.

Brando claims, "Help craft <skill> -all ... should list them ok."

Temi states, "If they don't have their own craft command, you can use craft <skill> to see them, yep"

, grins

Brando grins

Jiraiya queries, "How do i see what they do?"

Temi says, "You can use the same commands as any other craft"

say {C<skill> show <vnumber>{x

Brando states, "<skill> show <vnumber>"

Jiraiya says, "Isn't working. we can discuss later but that just blew my mind"

Bishaar states, "Craft <skill. show <vnum> for some of them but yeah"

Temi claims, "Like craft forage show 1793, for example."

Tomato says, "All the craft NPC things TELL you about the craft though"

Tomato states, "When you look at them"

Temi nods at Tomato.

Jiraiya says OOCly, "Oh there we go. thanks"

Bishaar declaims, "Yeah, mini-quests are objects in the room where they're found. They're scattered around on grid and some of them move around!"

Temi says, "Yep, I did fix a typo on one that didn't include the right context."

Woodes is no longer idle.
Woodes has returned from AFK.

Bishaar claims, "Objects or mobs, that is."

Temi says, "They are actually represented through objects, but they represent npc mobs"

Temi states, "And generally a small reward, sometimes just in skill"

Temi grins.

Sparkles nods.

Temi claims, "Okay, that covers that topic, I think."

, nods

Brando nods

Temi queries, "Sparkles, you also had something?"

Dragor is idle.

Dragor is no longer idle.
Dragor has returned from AFK.

Sparkles wonders, "So I've encountered sometimes items with bugs and/or potential tooling issues. Currently there's no way to remove those from the grid because the 'junk' command might just make them pop up somewhere else. So it's really catching a staff member on and giving it them. Given the set up of the donation boxes for the current plot is there any potential/idea for like a 'this item is bugged please send off-grid'?"

Winifred stops using a sword-hilt damascus dagger, etched with intricate florals.

Deedee states, "Hm, good point there."

ANON states, "That is a great idea."

Deedee claims, "One possible way to get rid of things is to bury them somewhere secure."

ANON says, "But that's where my bodies go."

Sparkles says, "Sure but that's still an IC answer for an OOC problem and hoping no one finds it again."

Temi trails off, "I could see the potential for it with logging of who does what, but... we definitely don't want people getting rid of things that are IC and should be hard to get rid of"

Bishaar says, "I will say that a lot of the bugged items can be traded in at the peddler's shop around town, which exchanges the old bugged item for a new, not-bugged one."

Temi says, "I don't think we do have a problem with staff taking them if they are actually bad items"

Bishaar claims, "Any -sources- of bugged items should be bug-boarded."

Winifred says, "The Reeves check the holes in your backyard, are incredibly confused to find a bunch of bandages that don't work and daggers that deal bashing dsmage."

Deedee says, "That's not bugged items exactly, just outdated items"

Sparkles states, "Sometimes it's finding ancient weapons that still have the old wrong damage type bug."

Temi nods at Bishaar.

Bishaar says, "Salvage those, if possible."

Temi says, "Staff can fix those, as well"

say we have rules on what can and cant be junked ok.

Brando says, "We have rules on what can and cant be junked ok. "

Sparkles states, "You can only salvage things you can craft yourself."

Bishaar says, "Oh. I did not know that."

Winifred claims, "I mean, I have a damascus dagger here with a ton of history that deals bashing damage, that'd be a bit of a waste so salvage"

Bishaar claims, "I have only ever tried it on my own stuff."

Temi states to Winifred, "Definitely let us know about those, we can fix them"

Deedee says, "Bugged damage types can be req boarded"

Winifred holds up a sword-hilt damascus dagger, etched with intricate florals. "Well, I suppose you know about it!"

Dragor says, "There is a ton of weapons that I sorted out for the reeves, actually."

Bishaar claims, "I would advise putting it somewhere staff can find it (your inventory, a specific container in your house/shop) and request boarding it, yeah"

Winifred states, ":P"

, nods

Brando nods

Dragor claims, "Like, bad quality - but I can't salvage them and I don't want to throw away enough weapons to gear up a squad."

Temi says, "Well, let us know on the request board where we can get to them with a bit of time"

Sippycup states, "Flyswatter of plus 5 attack"

Sparkles says, "Anyways, mostly it was 'I know staff has enough/more important things to do/I'll probably forget after this moment but I don't want this being around maybe causing a crash/bug/policy problem.'"

, laughs at /sippycup

Brando laughs at sippycup

Sparkles says, "This week's example was a knife tooled as a staff."

Temi finishes abruptly, "Don't worry too much about bothering us with those things, especially on request board - we can get to those when we have time, and taking care of bad items is generally pretty quick"

Sparkles nods.

Deedee questions, "Sounds like an old newbie item? if you junk/donate those they will be removed from grid"

trogdor is no longer idle.

Trogdor has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "Yeah, if it is a newbie item, those shouldn't be redistributed"

Bishaar says, "A game this detailed is bound to have some digital detritus floating around."

Deedee states, "Last I checked, all of the newbie weapons still have the knife generic, but doesn't necessarily mean they're knives"

Temi claims, "That sounds like a typo"

Temi asks, "Can you submit that? They should have the correct generics for their weapon types"

Deedee says, "It's been a while since I've rolled a new character, but will do so if it's still an issue"

Temi claims, "Thanks"

Deedee questions, "Any recent characters here with a starting weapon?"

Dragor states, "Mhh."

Deedee says, "Give it an appraise"

Sparkles claims, "That might explain the knife issue then."

Temi says, "Alright, I think that covers that topic for the time being - though we'll consider the possibility of a mobprog to do it. "

Temi questions, "Did anyone have otehr topics to go over?"

, appraises Temi ... accidentally overloads his app and crashes the game lol.

Brando appraises Temi ... accidentally overloads his app and crashes the game lol.

Temi muses, "If nothing else, I think we do have another event scheduled for after this?"

Sparkles nods.

Sippycup claims, "Hehe"

say can we get a command that appraises people who we are carrying?

Brando queries, "Can we get a command that appraises people who we are carrying?"

Winifred trails off, "I'm poor quality..."

Winifred trails off, "I sell for 500 silver..."

Sippycup claims, "Ahw, no your not"
Temi grins.

Deedee states, "Finish view (name)"

Temi claims, "I don't think so at this point, though there did used to be a system for it, but it had issues"

, nods and sighs

Brando nods and sighs

Bishaar asks, "Do people you pick up with carry actually weigh their total weight, as in, their body weight + their inventory's worth of items?"

Temi says, "Finish checks do post to us, by the way."

Jackassaurus states, "Lol "

Deedee grins.

Jackassaurus hides.

say @ /bishaar ... yes!

Brando declaims, "@ /bishaar ... yes!"

Tomato states, "Carrying someone does add to your weight when it comes to your weight and things like tracking so yeah"

Temi states to ANON, "Definitely unacceptable 0:)"

ANON hides.

Temi claims to Bishaar, "I'm not sure for carry, but it definitely does for their corpse"

ANON claims, "Gotta RP with Temi more before I can whack her, apparently."

Temi states to ANON, "Before you may. Can is a whole different question."

Temi grins.

Jackassaurus trails off, "Careful... she has a npc back there that can wipe us all out "

Winifred questions, "If I kill Temi, do I get to take their place as staff?"

Sippycup states, "Lol"

ANON grins.

Deedee claims to Winifred, "That's how it works."

Bishaar states, "Winifred claims the Frozen Throne, I see."

Winifred wields a sword-hilt damascus dagger, etched with intricate florals.

Winifred says, "Cool."

RamblingSeert claims, "Ah, lich king rules"

Dragor says, "Oh no."

Bishaar states, "Ten thousand years policy dungeon. "

say NOPE, there is the whole staff initiation aka hazing stuff one must pass before one can become staff, murderous gambits not withstanding ok.

Brando states, "NOPE, there is the whole staff initiation aka hazing stuff one must pass before one can become staff, murderous gambits not withstanding ok."

Bishaar states, "Into the typo caves you go, Winry."

Winifred trails off, "NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo..."

Jackassaurus states, "Temi is the OG currently"

Temi says, "I do have a reminder from folks to be a little more cautious with testing things to see if they crash these days. We don't have a lot of availability of code support, so while we don't hold it against those who do accidentally crash us, please hold off on testing again once something does crash, etc, unless asked by staff."

Deedee nods.

, nods at Temi

Temi claims, "If you clearly don't expect something to work, maybe best to just hold off"

Brando nods at Temi

[OOC] Himbopotamus: "I'M HEEEERE"

Temi trails off, "Alright. If there's nothing else from folks... I can go ahead and send you back"

[OOC] Celes: "Are you?!"

[OOC] Himbopotamus: "THAT GOT SLIGHTLY CLOSER THAN I WANTED"

Temi pontificates, "Okay, I'll take that as an okay. Off with you all! Enjoy the event!"

trogdor has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Dragor has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Woodes has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Sippycup has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
ANON has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
RamblingSeert has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Jackassaurus has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Bishaar has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Jiraiya has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Tomato has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Sparkles has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Kalana has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]