Log of OOC Meeting 2023-02-04

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Deedee

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:19 pm

Ghed wonders, "Before we begin, folks, here's a reminder of the OOC Chat Pact: Everyone on TI does the best they can, given what they know at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand. We will be respectful of this and each other at all times."

Today's Agenda is:
   - Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon.

Finally, who wants to scribe for today?"

Deedee can.

Temi gives a tiny figurine carved from a solid piece of dark chocolate to trogdor.

Edison eats a tiny figurine carved from a solid piece of dark chocolate.

Ghed nods at Deedee.

Ghed has awarded you 2> QPs: scribe

Ghed claims, "Thanks"

Ghed claims, "Okay, time to start this week's Staff Update."

Winifred stops using a tiny figurine carved from a solid piece of dark chocolate.

Ghed pontificates, "This week I moved gears a bit so I exclusively did requests, recommends (many!) and some phome evictions"

Ghed claims, "Mostly keeping up with player-side game maintenance, nothing new"

Ghed asks of Temi, "What about you?"

Rafferty muses, "Does that mean more homes incoming to the real estate market?"

Ghed says to Rafferty, "Already there"

Leta nods at Rafferty.

Ghed states, "But I erase some too"

Rafferty declaims, "Just trying to look out for the unhoused. Yay!"

Temi states, "I've been mostly focusing on the plot, but also some other side plots for folks and recommends and such things."

Temi states, "And I added a new ivory decoration recipe that was requested."

Leta nods at Temi.

Temi nods at Ghed.

Tomato states, "Oooh more uses for ivory, delightful"

VivaLaVictoria now wants to kill an elephant.

Edison states, "RIP elephants"

Bimbly declares, "Another way I can wear dead animal parts? Awesome!"

Ghed has lost link.
Ghed has reconnected.

Sue claims, "More like elefats"

Nameless says, "Speaking from experience"

Nameless says, "Fighting elephants"

Nameless states, "Is generally a dumb move"

Nameless says, "EVEN IF YOU'RE GOOD AT IT"

Sue states, "Simply win"

Deedee wants to wrestle one now.

Bimbly says, "The dumber, the better. Let me at 'em."
  Bimbly appears to be of Stunted intelligence.

Nameless says, "Oh boy"

Kalana claims, "Ahem"

Tomato claims, "Here lies Bimbly"

Rafferty facepalms.

Jackassaurus exclaims, "Punch every elephant in the face!"

VivaLaVictoria has read enough John Quatermaine books to be afraid of elephants.

Nameless says, "He was squarshed by an elephant foot"

Nameless says, "I promise you that they hit harder"

Bimbly trails off, "It can't be worse than a bear..."

Nameless states, "Its so much worse"

Deedee says, "Just grab them by the trunk and swing them around."

VivaLaVictoria trails off, "Allen Quartermaine, I mean..."

Temi states, "Let's settle down folks."

Jackassaurus states, "Bring a rat from southside "

Ghed wonders to Leta, "And what about you?"

Ghed says to Temi, "Thanks a lot btw"

Leta states, "Mine is easy peasy this time. I handled the usual requests, recommends, building and questions alongside Ghed and Temi. I also did the things listed on help news today."

Gunn has lost link.
Gunn has reconnected.

Leta says, "Next on my to-do list is standardizing embellishment items across crafts and updating help embellishments to be clearer about expectations, since there seems to be some confusion going about."

Rafferty states, "Help layering is amaaazing."

Ghed states, "She did EVERYTHING on help news, in like 2 hours"

Temi says, "Leta has been a busy bee."

Temi nods in agreement.

Winifred states, "Y'all do so much it's insane frfr"

Tomato says, "Oooooh"

Jackassaurus claims, "Amazing"

Yinadele says, "Oooh."

Rafferty pontificates, "Oh wow, that's a whole new list!"

Flower cheers.

Bimbly declaims, "Whoah! Help layering is so cool!"

Edison stops using a quilted woolen doublet, fitted to accent a tapered figure.

Edison wears a quilted woolen doublet, fitted to accent a tapered figure on his torso.

Dragor declaims, "Wow... Thank you all, Staff, for your hard work!!"

Ghed says, "She really outdid herself"

Ghed wonders, "Alright people, let's move on to Player Heartbeat: how has the week been for y'all?"

Rafferty claims, "Ya'll make me feel lucky to play here."

Edison claims, "Went by quickly :O"

Leta claims, "D'aww <3"

Deedee states, "There are a few layer-related things I think should be looked at, will bring it up later"

Rafferty says, "It has been a busy week, with many shenanigans."

Tomato says, "IRL has been truly awful this week, apologies for being slightly scarce occasionally"

RamblingSeert states, "I've had my semi-break. I miss my GL (probably a timezone thing, I seem to only ever communicate with him via mail lately) and promise I will not sell corpses to strange women.

Other than that looking forward to mass. Praise Jesu-- Dav."

Dragor states, "My week has been fine! No complaints here. I've had some lighthearted fun overall."

Deedee states, "Been busy with RL work stuff"

Winifred says, "I have been a law-abiding citizen who does no wrong."

Flower claims, "I took a bit of a break this week compared to last. "

Winifred says, "I do no crimes and have no plans."

Kalana says, "It's been good for me, not even dampened too much by illness"

Violet claims, "Been taking a break over here, so mostly relaxing, but it's been good"

Ghed claims to Tomato, "Sorry to hear that"

Ghed queries, "Looks like things have been mostly okay?"

Bimbly says, "I have had a fun week. It zoomed on by apace. I had several good scenes, put out some recommends, nearly shoveled a ghost again - good stuff all around."

Ghed queries, "And busy?"

Rafferty says, "That's a bummer, Tomato."

Trogdor claims, "Fun week, started a new job so i've had my attention focused on that"

Sue states, "I kill crime"

Ghed has returned from AFK.

Ghed muses, "Alright, is there anything bothering anyone about TI that can be shared here and now?"

Dragor states, "Welcome back Ghed, you were sleeptalking."

Jackassaurus trails off, "I've been... watching a lot of medival war stuff lol"

Dragor declaims, "Man, I wonder why! :P"

Ghed claims, "Excellent"

Ghed says, "Bring fire to the unrighteous with era-appropriate swords"

VivaLaVictoria declaims, "Still can't read the first and last letter or punctuation when people are speaking Lithmorran!"

Ghed muses to VivaLaVictoria, "Hmm, what's your background color?"

VivaLaVictoria claims, "Black. "

Ghed claims to VivaLaVictoria, "Hm, very odd"

Bimbly states, "Well, there's one small thing that's been itching the back of my mind, Ghed. It has to do with the way interactions work with magery in public."

Ghed states to VivaLaVictoria, "I'll see if I can look into it"

Jackassaurus has lost link.
Jackassaurus has reconnected.

Deedee states, "Might need to set your color to a lighter grey"

Deedee claims, "That's a client issue"

Tomato questions, "Are you able to adjust the color in your actual client? It uses the default 'light black' with clients so you can adjust it"

Ghed queries to Bimbly, "For here or do you want it to be a topic?"

Temi states, "It is darker than normal letters.  You should be able to configure standard ascii colors on your client, at least"

Temi nods.

Deedee nods at Temi.

Tomato states, "It should be in your client under settings, all of the usual ones should allow you to adjust it"

VivaLaVictoria just uses whatever the webpage has you click on.

Ikeala says, "A downloaded client might have more options etc."

Tomato trails off, "Webclient? I... think you can still adjust those but they are not my expertise, a downloaded one might be easier if you are using the same device"

Temi states, "Not sure which features that has, but you could try downloading a client if you want something more configurable.  I'm sure people could recommend their favorites depending on your type."

Temi nods.

Tomato states, "MUSHclient and Mudlet are the two big ones off the top of my head, both should be very plug and play"

Tomato says, "I personally think mudlet's UI is easier for beginners, but I am biased, its what I use"

Jackassaurus has lost link.
Jackassaurus has reconnected.

Bimbly says, "I think it's simple enough to explain here - mostly, I've noticed a sort of counterintuitive split? From an IC perspective, most characters are probably likely to run away from active magery, or should be; but there's an OOC willingness to engage with the mage, which isn't a bad thing at all, where sometimes I feel people who probably should be running away, smacking the shadow, whatever, aren't doing so out of politeness to the other player.

I don't know, it's just odd, and I'm not sure if it's a problem or needs a solution. It could just be me."

Deedee says, "Looks like the TI website currently links to the grapevine webclient, I haven't used it"

Temi nods at Bimbly.

Deedee nods at Bimbly.

Ghed says to Bimbly, "Most order types will be forgiving and will ask players to 'stay on the sidelines' while they do their stuff"

Temi claims, "That's been a longterm thing that's hard to balance"

Jackassaurus wonders, "Are we on the topic of things bugging us?"

Tomato says, "Ye"

Deedee claims, "Yes"

Ghed claims to Jackassaurus, "If briefly"

Rafferty claims, "RPing that your legs don't work anymore because you're so effing scared is another way to go, too."

Jackassaurus claims, "Oh Okay. Nothing is bugging me. You're all fantastic."

Ghed thumbs up!

Bimbly says, "Yeah, little things that aren't full topics for right now. Oh. Thanks buddy, you too. :O"

Ghed nods at Rafferty.

Ghed nods at Bimbly.

Ghed claims, "Okay"

Ghed states, "Alright, time to move on to Player Topics."

Ghed states, "I have one anonymous topic"

Deedee has a quick one.

Ghed declares, "The anon topic is

I wanted to ask for a reminder on help roleplay culture, specifically around players entering scenes. When you enter a scene, it's polite to allow those in the room to set their actions and wait for an emote or two before emoting entry. It saves you making a big jolly joke when they're talking about a funeral or patting someone on the shoulder when they're standing on their head.  

On the flip side, it's polite to allow new players entering a scene to emote or at least set an action before addressing them. Not trying to call anyone out, just as a reminder!"

Deedee says, "There's one thing on that- for invite scenes it tells you to do the opposite."

Ghed nods.

Bimbly claims, "That is prompted when you accept the invite, though, so I think that's fine as-is."

Tomato states, "Invite scenes require you to set up how you're arriving in some way yeah, but that doesn't mean immediately target someone"

Deedee queries, "It tells the invter, but does it tell the invitee now? I never get invited to anything"

Ikeala says, "This always tends to be a double edged sword. If you don't greet folks when they arrive, some tend to take it personally and others will see that as not being included and leave."

Tomato says, "I have been trying to update my action when new people come in, it is hard to remember sometimes"

Leta states, "Invite scenes follow the same request: don't target the arriving player until they've emoted arriving."

Tomato says, "But yeah, it is good practice to wait until the people in the room you are entering emote at least 1-2 characters just so you can get a sense of the scene"

Deedee nods.

Ghed states, "It really helps to make things flow smoothly"

Kalana claims, "I try to do an initial emote that sets the scene without yet acknowledging the new person's arrival, if there's no actions or such set or they need updated, but sometimes I'll reach out with a greeting if it feels appropriate"

Leta nods at Kalana.

Rafferty says, "I get overexcited and fudge over this stuff here and there. It's a good reminder for meee."

Kalana states, "Like in the shop, she might greet everyone"

Ghed states, "I've walked into scenes were people were loudly threatening each other but I (many years ago) went to buy a beer bc everyone's action was 'is here'"

Winifred claims, "Y'all need to update your actions"

[Action: Edison is here, too ]

Bimbly states, "Me neither. I just use rpwhere and come up with a reason to be there. I don't personally have a horse in this race, but that's more on account of the Bimbler just Bimbling into wherever it is he wants to be, but then, my entrance emotes always reflect that I am barging in or what-ever, so if it's rude to whoever's in there that's on purpose IC.

That said, I think it's perfectly healthy to send a polite tell or osay for this sort of situation. Especially if actions or unclear, or what I see most often, stale actions with targets for people no longer there."

[Action: Rafferty listens intently. ]

[Action: Winifred didn't do nothin', officer, honest. ]

Ghed states, "Bimbling, I like that"

Winifred claims, "The Bimbler Bimbles"

Ghed nods at Bimbly.

Tomato states, "Best practice is for people in scenes to update actions when people come in, and people entering to wait until the scene is set to pose so they can react accordingly if needed"

[Action: Nameless is seated on the air, upside down. ]

[Action: Dragor bimbles, bimbishly. ]

[Action: Leta is sparkily present. ]

Ikeala says, "Or some while absolutely super funny are a bit fourth wall, so it can be harder to figure out what's actually happening in the scene."

[Action: Winifred is stealing Leta's sparkles. ]

Tomato says, "Everyone flubs of course but good to try on both ends"

Leta nods.

Ghed wonders, "I think we're all more or less in agreement, are we not?"

Tomato says, "I write some hellishly long emotes sometimes so sometimes I am in the middle of a big boy emote and dont want to lose my train of thought"

[Action: Edison is here, too - also looks at the Screen and does the Jim from the Office face I ]

Sue says, "Edison is more like ryan not jim"

Deedee states, "I've seen some pretty oblivious scene entries even when people do have their actions set"

Leta says to Ghed, "Seems like it"

Edison claims, "Yeah, Jack Ryan B)"

Edison says, "They're the same actor, you see"

Bimbly says, "Some folks don't update actions until someone walks in. I do that. I forget about it because I'm focused on posing quickly, but I'm a slow poser in general usually.

I think we're good, chief."

Temi claims, "Oblivious is fine if it's ICly done"

Temi grins.

Leta nods at Temi.

Bimbly agrees completely. So does a simple, well-crafted canoe of oak, oiled to be waterproof. 

Yinadele states, "Agreed with Bimbly on that one sometimes, if I'm caught up in the scene itself"

Temi claims, "I've had characters that start off emoting with a greeting that calls out they aren't paying particular attention to what's going on, etc"

Deedee nods.

Tomato claims, "IC obliviousness is a choice, as long as you are actively choosing it instead of havingit made for you yeah"

Ghed states, "Alrighty"

Ghed asks of Deedee, "You had a topic as well?"

Winifred claims, "If I got someone at knife-point and you walk in laughing, the only explanations are 'you're Andorig' or 'you simply needed to wait'"

Deedee nods at Ghed.

Deedee claims, "Drawn weapons are displayed when looking at the room, but they remain hidden if you look at the person if they're cloaked. You also can't look (person) (weapon)."

Rafferty states, "Ooo."

Jackassaurus queries, "...Doesn't drawing the weapon uncloak?"

Deedee says, "Nope."

Edison wonders, "How many other people tried to draw weapons?"

Violet flips a crushed brocade mantle, subtly patterned black upon black back over her shoulder.

Violet pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Jackassaurus pulls closed his cloak, hiding his garments.

Winifred pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Violet states, "Can't draw in OOC rooms :("

Bimbly muses, "There is a difference between cloak and cloak conceal for this, I think?"

Rafferty holds a tan-colored ceramic mug of coffee in her hand.

RamblingSeert pulls closed his cloak, hiding his garments.

Deedee claims, "Nope, both hide the weapon"

Jackassaurus states, "I would think it okay for daggers though"

Jackassaurus states, "I would expect it for daggers"

Bimbly says, "I think cloak conceal doesn't show the weapon when you look at the room (?) but I don't actually use weapons so I don't really know. Hm."

Deedee says, "True, but it still displays it when you look at the room"

Yinadele states, "I think being able to draw a weapon without decloaking is reasonable, but I think it's fine thing to want to be able to see the weapon then."

Jackassaurus claims, "But you're not cloaking a flail and axe and sword"

Leta claims to Jackassaurus, "I think Deedee is saying that you can still see the weapons in the room if someone is cloaked"

Leta states, "Just not on 'look'"

Ghed nods.

Jackassaurus says, "Oh, right"

Deedee nods.

Bimbly claims, "Yeah, roomlooks show it but personlooks do not"

Jackassaurus says, "But I think it is okay for anything NOT a dagger though."

Tomato claims, "I think that's just a code oversight, but if you DRAW the weapon its out so of course people would see it in the room"

Bimbly asks, "I don't really mind either way, I just think the argument she's making is that it should be consistent?"

Deedee says, "Right"

Tomato says, "You can see it with 'look' so why does it matter if you can't see it with 'look person'"

Temi wonders, "I could see switching it to making drawn weapons visible, though I'm not sure how priority it should be?  Any thoughts on significant impact from it?"

Ghed states, "This is a plausible improvement but likely of a lowish priority as of now"

Deedee claims, "It might be important for making report for reeves. as it stands you can't look at the weapon for anything special about it"

Jackassaurus questions, "Maybe explore a way to make that a dagger advantage only? Able to wield cloaked, all others weapons exposed?"

Tomato says, "People can also target stuff in emotes or through RP that you can't codedly see by looking at them, I don't see why this needs to be a priority"

Tomato muses, "You see the short desc don't you? Isn't that enough"

Temi claims, "I doubt ones without distinct shorts visible in the room will have detailed descriptions upon looking"

Tomato queries, "If some cloaked guy is waving a dagger in your face are you really going to have time to note that it has 3 pears in the handle and a scrimshawed C.W on the blade?"

Ghed claims, "I'd super look at such a blade"

Ghed states, "Sounds exotic"

Rafferty says, "Not if you're Bimbly."

Ghed says, "As I die"

Temi grins.

Bimbly states, "I don't see much to begin with, this is true.."

Jackassaurus states, "A merchant would want to know the quality of blade killing them prolly"

Deedee nods.

Tomato states, "Also focusing too much on item short descs is a bit closer to smallworlding, TBH"

Nameless states, "I would criticize the make of it as I was being stabbed."

Nameless declares, "Did you WATER QUENCH this thing, you heretic?! OIL ONLY"

Bimbly claims, "I think we can generally agree that the inconsistency should be resolved. I don't have the years of experience with PK/real harm scenarios to try to speculate on what the impact might be in either direction.

Realistically, I think a Reeve would want to check the weapon if they are trying to pursue a fleeing person in a cloak, though. "

Jackassaurus claims, "I dunno, unless someone were planning it for combat reasons, not a big priority, but worth exploring later."

Tomato states, "We are supposed to assume that various items of this type exist around, so really honing in on stuff like that can be ignoring the spirit of the rule. If its dipped in gold, that should be in the short desc and also suit a report"

Leta nods at Jackassaurus.

Ghed says, "I'll write it down"

Temi nods.

Ghed asks of Deedee, "Mkay?"

Deedee nods.

Bimbly says, "I agree with Ghed on the notion that this is a low-priority thing to resolve, but worth handling eventually, yeah."

Ghed says to Deedee, "Thanks"

Ghed says, "I've another anon topic"

Ghed asks, "With mage slots now fixed, have we considered having Magecraft be a Sanctum guildskill? I think with how much the other guilds control, I think of all skills Magecraft makes sense to be a Sanctum guildskill, and would encourage new mages to Seek Sanctum. What does everyone and staff think about this?"

Jackassaurus says, "Yes"

Jackassaurus claims, "Yes times ten"

Deedee says, "I forget Sanctum is a guild sometimes. Makes sense to me."

Leta says, "I think last time this came up, the mage consensus was very against it"

Leta says, "Interested to hear if that has shifted."

Rafferty says, "I am opinionless on this matter."

Tomato states, "I don't see why we can't allow mages to purchase up to 36 in chargen like every other guildskill, and have mastering be a guildskill"

Nameless says, "I am not in favor of that because of magecraft being such an incredibly useful thing for any mage to have, but I AM in favor of having some more good things (new or existing) be a Sanctum-only recipe for magecraft."

Tomato claims, "As of my last attempt I could not actually purchase it in chargen"

Edison wonders, "I'm curious what benefits there are to joining the sanctum, besides emotional support?"

Yinadele says, "I mean, it's an objective nerf to mages, I think there's reason for them to oppose it. I, for one, think it makes a lot of sense if it's not that way already."

Leta nods at Nameless.

Jackassaurus claims, "The Sanctum would have the resources available."

Nameless says, "You get two (sometimes three) extremely powerful archmages as friends."

Temi says, "The sanctum does have an advantage in its use already, significantly"

Deedee says, "I don't have a strong opinion on it, but if they don't have other guildskills/commands would make sense. Alternatively, we could get rid of guild skills altogether and only enforce such through IC actions."

Tomato says, "Lets not forget friends that guildskills can be taught, it just actually requires you to reach out"

Leta says to Edison, "They have access to just about every spooky book and item in existence, as well as some unique rares and recipes just for them."

Tomato says, "Reaching out as a mage to the mage guild is actually by far one of the safer things to do to obtain a guldskill, tbh"

Temi claims to Deedee, "I don't know that the use of guildskills to this point suggests that that would be handled responsibly."

Leta says, "Plus I pretty cool lair, not that I've seen it  or anything =) (="

Yinadele claims to Leta, "But, you can argue all the benefits the Merchants' Guild had the same way."

Ghed trails off to Nameless, "I think there is unanimous agreement that magecraft is very useful... and that might be precisely why anon proposes to make it a guildskill"

Tomato says, "Heavily heavily against getting rid of guildskills, it ruined the other games"

VivaLaVictoria is idle.

Winifred trails off, "I hear the lair is pretty cool..."

VivaLaVictoria is no longer idle.
VivaLaVictoria has returned from AFK.

Dragor states, "Mhm."

Nameless claims, "Yes buuuuutttt"

Leta claims to Yinadele, "I'm not providing this to support either argument. Edison asked explicitly for reasons why individuals join."

Edison wonders, "Maybe a specific brand of magic that is a guild skill? I'm very unfamiliar with mages so my opinion bears 0 weight"

Yinadele says, "Oh, that's fair."

Jackassaurus questions, "Is it the same from - long ago?"
Winifred states to Ghed, "Magecraft is really useful, and making it sanctum only would drive people towards actually interacting with the Sanctum"

Jackassaurus muses, "Or a different lair style?"

Ghed nods at Winifred.

Jackassaurus claims, "Old one was cool"

Temi says, "Different"

Ikeala says, "So I'm clearly biased on this topic. However, the relative 'value' of Guildskills does seem to be a heavy consideration in what goes into people chosing various character pathways."

Winifred pontificates, "Which is good! The sanctum is cool! But if you don't want to do that/cannot for whatever reason, it, uh, takes a big chunk out of being a funny wizard because you can't make magical items"

Jackassaurus claims, "OoOOooOoo"

Ghed nods at Ikeala.

Rafferty trails off, "By their power combined..."

Rafferty shivers.

Tomato asks, "Still, you don't NEED to be a part of a guild to learn a guildskill. Is the thought of having to rely on other players if you cannot codedly join such a bad thing?"

Edison finishes abruptly, "I mean this in a loving way - but you can become a Reeve and do combat, or become a knight and do combat and get a dope sword >_>"

Dragor states, "I have no particular opinion on this topic, aside that putting people into the arms of a guild is mostly done through guildskills being a thing."

Nameless claims, "The benefits for mages seeking out the sanctum are: A. easy access to training in elements that aren't your own, B. access to lore and ancient secrets, C. access to powerful friends. I like that Sanctum has some recipes in magecraft that are Sanctum-only, I just wouldn't want to take away magecraft from non-Sanctum mages, because -A LOT- of the best items are above 36."

Sue questions, "The outlook I'd have on it is I'd rather mages be free agents if they choose rather than forced to join Hogwarts or suffer indignity. What if you want to be a wizard antagonistic to other wizards as well as other people?"

Yinadele states, "I strongly agree with Tomato on this one."

Tomato claims, "As someone who was the Tenebrae for a really long time, you dont NEED to be in the covert guild to get access to covert HQs, they are built in a way to support your accessing it without xblocks."

Edison finishes abruptly, "There are other ways to learn guildskills - finding a sneaky tutor >_>"

Tomato claims, "So the main 'issue' with Guildskills here is 'I can't master it myself on my own with minimum interaction with other people' which in my opinion does nothing for the game"

Tomato says, "I hardly think the ARCHMAGE is going to be upset to have a mage reach out for RP or be like gasp a mage call the order"

Bimbly claims, "I, for one, prefer things that give incentives to players to work together as antagonists, if only because that means they can do cooler and more complicated things. Guildskills are fun in that they're also an incentive for betrayal and manipulation!

Tomato, you have to be in the guild to learn above 36, even with a tutor. I'd agree if that wasn't the case, though."

Tomato claims, "False, you do not"

Winifred says, "I have opinions on this particular topic that I've voiced to Ghed privately"

Winifred says, "You don't, no"

Bimbly claims, "Oh."

Winifred states, "You cannot pool yourself above 36, but you can be taught"

Bimbly claims, "Yeah, that."

Tomato says, "You can only learn ON YOUR OWN up to 36 (and require to be taught level 1 if you don't have it)"

Bimbly states, "That's what I meant."

Nameless states, "In general, the Sanctum loves it when other mages reach out. And by policy, the GLs are required to be loyal to the Sanctum. And part of the Sanctum is the protection and advancement of all mages. So unless your mage is deliberately antagonistic, you're generlaly pretty safe talking to the GLs."

Tomato says, "But a GM could teach you to Master or GM if they were so inclined"

Edison says, "There are limits to how much you're going to learn a thing with 0 input from others."

Bimbly claims, "Which is limiting due to the way teaching works still, but yeah."

Deedee says, "Probably not to GM unless they can get 100 CHA"

Tomato states, "Kindly, given the amount of 'I hopped to every guild and maxed every skill I need and never ask anyone else to do things for me' characters I have seen, I disagree Edison"

Deedee says, "As it stands at least"

Trogdor declares, "Holy order is now offering free magecraft skills! report to river square for more info!"

Flower laughs.

Winifred exclaims, "Golly gee, with a name like Trogdor, you must be a real strong fire mage!"

Trogdor says, "I am a friend to all mages"

Bimbly states, "I dislike that problem also, personally, though I don't necessarily think that this particular topic is something that applies to, Tomato. Leaving the Sanctum doesn't seem like the same ease of a clean break that leaving the Merchants would be, to me."

Dragor muses, "Trogdor... Dragor... Kin...?"

Tomato claims, "Several people have left the Sanctum and continued mage RP with them no problem, you don't need to codedly be in a covert guild to access the HQ or RP that you are still allied with them"
Winifred trails off to trogdor, "From a certain point of view..."

RamblingSeert throws Dragor into the sometimes box.

Nameless claims, "I've made my opinion known. I'd love it if the Sanctum's value was increased by having some recipes (or new recipes) be Sanctum-only, but I'd not want to lock out existing magecraft recipes to existing mages. I cannot IMAGINE how annoying and tedious it is to be a mage and -not- have Tanios's Inversion."

Bimbly declares, "I suppose that's true!"

Jackassaurus claims, "I look at it this way - wanna be a rogue mage? Cool, but you just won't have the resources to do magecraft beyond without resources - resources The Sanctum has. I dunno. I like the idea myself."

Trogdor states, "All joking aside, perhaps a different path should be considered. you don't *NEED* to be a member, but it goes a lot faster if you do"

Trogdor claims, "That would be because you are part of a group of people pooling their knowledge, whereas if you aren't, well, it's just you trying to find information without arousing suspicion from *ahem* certain people"

Winifred asks, "Anyone smell frog legs?"

Ikeala says, "Any mage who already knew things would already know them, that's the same as anyone who was in a Guild and then left it."

There is no noticeable smell in the air.

Bimbly claims, "Well, I think that's been ample opportunity to weigh in before the discussion tangents out to the more broader topic of "are guildskills good or bad" which isn't something we're going to resolve in a five-minute topic in the meeting here. "

Bimbly queries, "Does anyone have something specifically to add about Magecraft as a guildskill that has not been brought up already?"

Nameless says, "I wish the newest recipe's most rare ingredient grew faster."

Jackassaurus claims, "I also think The Sanctum thematically would be secretive of their own knowledge and would force some sort of loyalty, obedience, - you know, stuff powerful sorcerers need before handing over knowledge to end Urth."

Nameless says, "Being properly vague"

Nameless claims, "That thing must be harvestable like once every 6 ooc months or something, or so it feels."

Deedee queries, "Is it babies?"

Tomato states, "Let's also consider that magecraft is an optional skill as well as that new mages might not even pick it up. The meta of knowing it and maxing it is ooc learned knowledge"

Ghed states, "Please"

Nameless states, "No those are every 9 months"

Bimbly pontificates, "I don't think that has anything to do with Magecraft as a guildskill!"

Ghed claims, "Please drop that topic right now"

Temi states to Deedee, "Ooh, we should have a recipe with baby ingredients."

Deedee nods at Temi.

Nameless claims, "Oh. One note"

Tomato asks, "So when the question comes how much of the resistance to it is ooc knowledge on how best to build a character for your advantage? Because if you want to make a merchant, it seems obvious to join the merchants guild, for example"

Ghed claims, "Okay, I think we're done with this topic, but staff will deffo discuss it, maybe not about it, but about something else"

Nameless claims, "If we make magecraft a guild skill"

Nameless states, "That also means making demon summoning circles a guild skill"

Winifred states, "What I will say is in general I think having the Sanctum hold a powerful guildskill is a good way to push people to it"

Nameless claims, "Which might not be great"

Winifred states, "Ghed says discussion done, discussion done"

Tomato states, "I think it SHOULD be that same common sense, I want to be the best mage, I want to join the guild"

Tomato stops

Yinadele queries, "What's the next topic?"

Temi queries to Ghed, "Do we have more topics?"

Ghed claims to Winifred, "It wasn't about that, but thanks"

Ghed claims, "We have no further topics"

Ghed queries, "Anyone wishes to propose something?"

Deedee says, "I could pull up one of my idea board posts if you want to kill time"

Jackassaurus gets down on a knee.

Ghed states to Deedee, "Dw we read those in batches"

Ghed claims, "If we're mostly done, I think we can finish a bit early today, no harm with it"

Deedee says, "Still good to get some feedback from players who don't forum"

Edison states, "I have an idea"

Deedee says, "Or that"

Ghed states to Deedee, "Well sure, drop us one"

Ghed states, "And Edison if there is time"

Deedee queries, "I proposed a rustle command to steal people's critters. (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2637)"

Violet trails off, "My issue is we have no counter to it, really..."

Nameless claims, "Only if I can put on a really thick cowboy accent when chasing down them cattle rustl'rs."

Tomato claims, "This makes me sad because it feels like another way to grief pets"

Violet wonders, "Like what are you gonna do, just hail dismiss whenever you're about to go inside?"

Tomato claims, "I think you could do that with RPA, though"

Ghed states, "Yeah we've already had something like this before with people mass murdering horses"

Violet states, "That doesn't seem very fun."

Jackassaurus says, "Make a horse combat capable."

Ghed trails off, "I wouldn't mind a very high magic spell to do something like it but..."

Deedee states, "The proposal is that you cannot dismiss rustled pets"

Rafferty says, "If it could rustle babies, too, that could help our mage friends."

Ghed says, "Like I get the idea but I'm not sure it would foster the RP we wanna foster"

Nameless claims, "Hush, rafferty"

Jackassaurus claims, "Oooo"

Edison claims, "Who rustled my bodyguard :("

Jackassaurus claims, "YES"

Jackassaurus trails off, "....But I'm all for darker deadly"

Yinadele trails off, "Baby rustling......"

Temi says, "With bodyguards not being able to respond as real people, but being real people, that complicates that"

Temi states, "Babies are objects, you can already steal those."

Tomato states, "I think if you had a good enough reason Staff would allow RPA for like, stealing a noble's horse, or a victim's child, but codedly would be hard"

Rafferty trails off, "Small children..."

Tomato claims, "Yeah you can, I have stolen a baby before"

Deedee states, "Yeah, only supposed to work with animals by what I proposed."

Tomato trails off, "Not... not on tomato lol"

Dragor muses, "So I could steal Winry!?"

Nameless claims, "This conversation took a turn that I really don't like"

Jackassaurus trails off, "Erm... I ate one as Hillbeast I think"

Temi declaims to Dragor, "Already code for that too!"

Violet says, "NPCs you can knock out and carry"

Nameless states, "Now I REALLY don't like with capital letters lol"

Deedee states, "Been plenty of baby-nappings"

Sue states, "WHAT"

RamblingSeert side eyes every single person here at this rate

Ikeala says, "I feel like this would quickly become 'I just walk around and steal everyone's horse while they are in public events'"

Winifred says, "Yeah, that's generally how I see it going too"

Dragor claims, "I think horse-stealing should probably only be something with staff oversight."

Tomato says, "Yeah and horses are not a cheap investment, either. They can already be killed or struck by lightning"

Deedee states, "There's nothing stopping people from just killing horses and pets left unattended presently."

Violet states, "I agree with Ikaela, I feel like it's a bit too easily abused. And it would just encourage people to not use their horses in public"

Tomato claims, "Nnnno but that needs to have a proper reason and could be viewed as trolling, Deedee"

Ikeala states, "Damn I could have been hitting them with lightning."

Ghed states, "We already had in 2017 people who killed all horses while players were in taverns"

Deedee says, "So would rustle"

Nameless states, "Pfft."

Winifred states, "I'm pretty sure that's just griefing"

Flower states, "I missed that. "

Nameless rolls their eyes at Ikeala.

Ghed says, "I think I'm going to pass on this idea, Dee, though I -get- it"

Jackassaurus questions, "How did nobody hear that?"

Rafferty states, "I think I was on game break in 2017."

Ghed claims, "They wedged all doors from outside"

Rafferty declares, "So it wasn't me!"

Jackassaurus states, "Oh... ohhh. Okay, smart."

Leta claims, "Happy to facilitate thiefing and mischief RPA in general, if someone wants to raid a stable =)"

Ghed nods.

Deedee nods at Leta.

Ghed queries to Edison, "Okay, and you?"

Edison states, "Can we get a coded 'joust' command that does a little string and spits out a result. I know we can just fight with polearms while on horseback, but two heavily armored folks going at it with polearms takes forever."

Sue trails off, "Kill crime..............."

Tomato says, "Love joust idea"

Deedee asks, "Horse-mounted combat is planned isn't it?"

Jackassaurus claims, "I think the polearms are real weapons though and hit hard af"

Tomato claims, "You can fight on horse now, but its just normal combat"

Tomato queries, "I think previously we just did contests? Or rolls"

Deedee says, "Yeah, but I mean specifically"

Tomato claims, "You can fight on horse now"

Temi claims, "I do think people had previously developed some rules using existing systems, yeah"

Tomato claims, "I don't think it changes much but you CAN"

Temi claims, "Might happen more with a system"

Deedee states, "I know, but there were plans for calvary-specfic combat"

Ikeala muses, "I thought the jousting yard had something coded?"

Ghed says, "The idea I had but never got to implement"

Jackassaurus trails off, "Moveing around is like... nicer"

Ghed says, "Is rolling ride, polearm ,shield, and whoever gets the most successes wins that pass"

Jackassaurus finishes abruptly, "If you have ride up - you could fall off"

Ghed claims, "A problem with it is that after a certain level it's impossible to fail skill rolls"

Nameless claims, "I would find a knight falling off his horse hilarious."

VivaLaVictoria is idle.

Ghed says, "Polearm mounted combat is dumb tho"

Nameless trails off, "Let me go find a wardrobe to fill with stones...."

VivaLaVictoria is no longer idle.
VivaLaVictoria has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "But you can contest skills now"

Temi wonders, "I think?"

Deedee claims, "It's not impossible, but it levels off to the max well before grandmaster"

Leta nods at Temi.

Leta declares, "You can!"

Ghed states to Temi, "Or contest that yeah"

Deedee nods.

Ghed muses, "Contest polearm vs shield for both, and ride vs ride?"

Deedee questions, "Contest used to be more limited with always tying, but I think randomness was put in?"

Temi says, "Sounds good to me"

Ghed states to Deedee, "It had no randomness before, Eurus discovered it and fixed it"

Jackassaurus states, "I think you can contest all three at same time too"

Deedee nods.

Jackassaurus wishes to initiate a contest with Deedee, using his intelligence.

Jackassaurus states, "Nevermind, just one"

Ghed nods.

Ghed muses to Edison, "How about that idea?"

Contest of Jackassaurus's intelligence    vs    Delana's strength!
Delana overwhelmingly wins!

Edison declaims, "Kind of! :O"

Temi claims, "Not saying never implementing something, but I think for how often it comes up, might be better with existing things"

Edison claims, "And there should a random chance you get knocked on your butt"

Edison says, "Cause that's funny"

Flower says, "Trans me out. dinner time. "

Jackassaurus states, "If your ride isn't high enough you can fall off just trotting around"

Flower has been transferred out by Temi.  [OOC]

Nameless wonders, "36 is easily enough to gallop around and never fall off. Though I think som ehorses have more difficult rolls?"

Ghed says to Nameless, "Yep"

Deedee states, "Ride and horse level would be nice to have looked at"

Ghed states, "Some of the more expensive horses require more skill"

Nameless claims, "Do they have more like"

Nameless questions, "HP or Mv or something?"

Ghed says, "And being drunk will make you fall off the horse"

Nameless states, "I need to get drunk and test this."

Ghed says to Nameless, "I haven't checked but I'm fairly certain they do"

Temi states, "I think so, yes"

Temi nods.

Ghed says, "Okay, I think we're done here"

Ghed says, "Please remember to post rumors, cnote discoveries, and recommend each other for meaningful RP =)"

Tomato says, "Different brands of horse hit different yeah"

Ghed claims, "CNOTING MAKES GHED HAPPY"
Deedee waves.

Temi says, "I think there's plans for an IC Event after"

Ghed nods.

Temi asks, "Mass, yes?"

Ghed pontificates, "There's an IC event after this! Go have fun"

Ghed nods at Temi.

Rafferty braces for impact.

Ghed states, "Rather, go have MASS"

Ghed trails off, "Engaging warp drive in 3..."

Winifred exclaims, "Oh boy!"